NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|OOC, Signup, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:10 pm

Sshalah is on the ship.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Foxfound wrote:I probably could have worded that post a bit better, but I'm on mobile and my phone's acting weird. If there's anything I missed that would affect what Olorisa's doing I can edit it.

Also, does the robot body Olorisa has have built in weapons, or is it meant to just carry a rifle?

One thing I was RPing was that the sensors aren't working very well in the swamp which is why they needed to get a spotter to find a water source. Not a major issue.

Lol, since there wasn't an announcement made, just a siren, I think it's reasonable to assume that some people have got accidentally left off the ship :D Isn't chaos fun? ***

Not sure about the robotic body... I think they were just carrying weapons but honestly I don't think it matters too much. Just write it however you would like it to be.

*** And just before we go any further I would like to ask people to please let us know on the OOC which of your characters are on the ship and which aren't at the point that Olorisa heads for the river.

From my ones:

On the ship: Vrondich and Rabaech
Off the ship: Thanica

I actually had meant to have Olorisa give a warning over the intercom, but I forgot. I'll edit it in if you think it's okay, but if you'd rather I kept it the way it is now I will.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Both Sho'chawuk and Anja are not on the skeppe.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:11 pm

Foxfound wrote:I actually had meant to have Olorisa give a warning over the intercom, but I forgot. I'll edit it in if you think it's okay, but if you'd rather I kept it the way it is now I will.

And looking back through the posts I just realized the intention was for Thanica to go scout out a place for her... I really messed this one up...
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:39 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Foxfound wrote:I actually had meant to have Olorisa give a warning over the intercom, but I forgot. I'll edit it in if you think it's okay, but if you'd rather I kept it the way it is now I will.

And looking back through the posts I just realized the intention was for Thanica to go scout out a place for her... I really messed this one up...

It's alright, I find it more fun when people make mistakes. I made one a few posts back as well where I hadn't read that Carter had told people to deploy to defend the ship and assumed the whole crew had gone wandering off. Edit in/out anything you would like to edit, but I don't think you've messed up.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Are the engines of the jets loud enough for Yare to hear?
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:30 pm

When they get close, yes.

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Udonia » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:54 am

Sorry for the late response. Cridrac is inside the ship. Mothlua, Vandul, and Rodu are outside of the ship.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Research Outpost 31
Secretary

Founded: Jun 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Research Outpost 31 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:56 am

How should start?

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:08 am

Well, you will wake up in a stasis pod in a room full of other stasis pods. Your character might feel a bit cold, but since they are a Dhasath they probably won't find it too uncomfortable.

When you first went in you would have been in Kiellar custody, though there are no guards now which implies something strange has happened.

There are locked blast doors at either side of the room and cameras watching what is going on. While you can't get out, people can see in (and will open the doors in a moment). What you do to get attention is over to you and an opportunity to develop your character.

Also bear in mind there are two Ragons on the ship who are the traditional predators of the Dhasath. While your character isn't in actual danger, you don't know that yet!

Research Outpost 31
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Research Outpost 31 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Well, you will wake up in a stasis pod in a room full of other stasis pods. Your character might feel a bit cold, but since they are a Dhasath they probably won't find it too uncomfortable.

When you first went in you would have been in Kiellar custody, though there are no guards now which implies something strange has happened.

There are locked blast doors at either side of the room and cameras watching what is going on. While you can't get out, people can see in (and will open the doors in a moment). What you do to get attention is over to you and an opportunity to develop your character.

Also bear in mind there are two Ragons on the ship who are the traditional predators of the Dhasath. While your character isn't in actual danger, you don't know that yet!

Do I go to the IC thread?

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:44 am

Research Outpost 31 wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:Well, you will wake up in a stasis pod in a room full of other stasis pods. Your character might feel a bit cold, but since they are a Dhasath they probably won't find it too uncomfortable.

Do I go to the IC thread?

To make your IC intro? Yes.

If you are interested, the Discord is also very active and a good way to plan involvement

Research Outpost 31
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Research Outpost 31 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Research Outpost 31 wrote:Do I go to the IC thread?

To make your IC intro? Yes.

If you are interested, the Discord is also very active and a good way to plan involvement

Thanks. See you tomorrow.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 am

I made a quick edit, so now Olorisa's actually following instructions and had the decency to tell everyone they might get moving soon.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:19 am

Foxfound wrote:I made a quick edit, so now Olorisa's actually following instructions and had the decency to tell everyone they might get moving soon.

Lol super, though I liked the idea of people getting shut out and abandoned on an alien planet :D

I will edit the post I had planned.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 pm

So before I write up my post, one question. Has a spot to move the ship to been located yet?

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:35 am

Yes indeed, there is a river to the North, towards the bottom of p14 I think. Yare announced it from the air.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:25 pm

And now for something completely different

In the interests of supporting the good folk who make the Andromeda RP group so much fun to write in, I'd like to draw everyone's attention to a couple of other RPs that are being run at the moment:

A Warm Welcome from London is a character RP being run by Lessoni. If you have an itch for a steampunk character RP, this one should help fix the problem without needing to see a doctor. Writers take on the role of detectives combating crime in an alternative 1965 where muttonchops and glorious moustaches are still fashionable. The IC is already up and running.

First Contact is a sci-fi RP set on Earth in 1964, being run by Endem. It is another character RP though the IC is not currently up. If it interests you, you haven't missed anything yet.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Just to you know Foxhound, me and the others will write Carter and Co arriving to the ship soon. So be ready, we'll all have to have take a pro active stance in order to save Thanica.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Budraria
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Budraria » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Tag. If it's still open, I might jump out of my NS absence and join the RP.
The Republic of Budraria
| Budraria | National Fact Book | Europeia |
Budrarian News: None
Budraria is a republic, located in Southern China and Northern Vietnam.
It's government is considerably left-leaning, and advocates for equity, peace, prosperity, and progress.
Capital: Quandong
Delegate Chancellor: Fa Rong (SDP)
Prime Minister: Sunada Machiko (SDP)
Official Language(s): Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarians: -5.49

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Budraria wrote:Tag. If it's still open, I might jump out of my NS absence and join the RP.

There's always room for one more crew member in this merry band of renegades, ruffians, and general downtrodden rejects of society! :p
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Budraria
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Budraria » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:24 pm

Why thank ye.
The Republic of Budraria
| Budraria | National Fact Book | Europeia |
Budrarian News: None
Budraria is a republic, located in Southern China and Northern Vietnam.
It's government is considerably left-leaning, and advocates for equity, peace, prosperity, and progress.
Capital: Quandong
Delegate Chancellor: Fa Rong (SDP)
Prime Minister: Sunada Machiko (SDP)
Official Language(s): Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarians: -5.49

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2018

Postby The Japanese Americans » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Character Description
    Name: Lee Rogers
    Species: Human
    Appearance: Lee has black-brown hair, dark brown eyes, and a light skin tone. He is 6'1" tall He was wearing a Destiny jumpsuit when captured.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:
    Tinker: He can figure out how most mechanical machines work if explained, and be able to tinker on them. He has some knowledge on computer maintenance.
    Autism: His autism allows him to be smarter than most.
    Runner: He is a natural runner. He can run 225 meters at 5.9 mph.
    Weaknesses:
    Autism: His autism hinders his social skills, and may often make him react to situations differently than he should. It also makes him do stupid things in situations sometimes.
    Heavy Sleeper: He normally needs a loud alarm clock to wake him up. If someone tries to wake him up normally by talking to him, he won't actually wake up. Most of his consciousness is still asleep, so he needs something to shock him awake, i.e. water, something cold or hot, loud noises, or the scent of good food.

Background:
[list]Role on Ship: Prisoner
Crimes Committed: Entering Military No-Go Zone
Personality: He is very much a nerd at heart. He's easily excited by science fiction and fantasy. But because of a traumatic early life, he is slightly insane. This is mostly hidden by his way of speaking. He frequently downplays his looks, and sometimes his worth in life.
Backstory: He was born in December, 2000 AD, in Oklahoma. He lived most of his pre-puberty life in peace. When he was 14, his parents divorced. His father left the state, while Lee stayed with his mother in Oklahoma. For the next three years he was in a sort of depression. Then he seemed to find something to stck to, and keep him distracted, his job. He first worked with computers, performing general repairs and cleanings. Then he got into college, going with a major in Mechanical Engineering. He passed with flying colors, and got his degree. Fast forward a few years, and he somehow became one of the colonists on the Destiny.
I'm an autistic 19 year old who used to read a library's worth of books.

Call me JA. It's easier than typing out Japanese Americans.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Ein Mann

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:59 pm

The Japanese Americans wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Lee Rogers
    Species: Human
    Appearance: Lee has black-brown hair, dark brown eyes, and a light skin tone. He is 6'1" tall He was wearing a Destiny jumpsuit when captured.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:
    Tinker: He can figure out how most mechanical machines work if explained, and be able to tinker on them. He has some knowledge on computer maintenance.
    Autism: His autism allows him to be smarter than most.
    Runner: He is a natural runner. He can run 225 meters at 5.9 mph.
    Weaknesses:
    Autism: His autism hinders his social skills, and may often make him react to situations differently than he should. It also makes him do stupid things in situations sometimes.
    Heavy Sleeper: He normally needs a loud alarm clock to wake him up. If someone tries to wake him up normally by talking to him, he won't actually wake up. Most of his consciousness is still asleep, so he needs something to shock him awake, i.e. water, something cold or hot, loud noises, or the scent of good food.

Background:
    Role on Ship: Prisoner
    Crimes Committed: Entering Military No-Go Zone
    Personality: He is very much a nerd at heart. He's easily excited by science fiction and fantasy. But because of a traumatic early life, he is slightly insane. This is mostly hidden by his way of speaking. He frequently downplays his looks, and sometimes his worth in life.
    Backstory: He was born in December, 2000 AD, in Oklahoma. He lived most of his pre-puberty life in peace. When he was 14, his parents divorced. His father left the state, while Lee stayed with his mother in Oklahoma. For the next three years he was in a sort of depression. Then he seemed to find something to stck to, and keep him distracted, his job. He first worked with computers, performing general repairs and cleanings. Then he got into college, going with a major in Mechanical Engineering. He passed with flying colors, and got his degree. Fast forward a few years, and he somehow became one of the colonists on the Destiny.

He looks fine.

Few small points I'd appreciate you having a look at before we start though:
  • Destiny was a science and exploration ship, rather than a colony ship.
  • I'm assuming that this is at the high functioning end of the autism spectrum?
  • Please define 'slightly insane'.
  • You might want to increase the running speed. 5.9 mph is a quick jog (it's about the median speed for running a marathon) and 225 metres is a sprinting distance which a quick runner would manage in about 30 seconds (16.8 mph).
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse