NATION

PASSWORD

DITECHED: Airport Insecurity

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

DITECHED: Airport Insecurity

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:36 pm

[title] Airport Insecurity

[desc] When returning from a summit in Debelos, a remote island on the far reaches of @@NAME@@, you noticed that the airport security personnel were too busy with their coffee to pay attention to bag X-rays. This lacklustre approach has raised the question of the necessity of airport security in remote airports

[validity] must allow planes

[option] "It appears obvious that we have no need for airport security in remote airports." Suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, a random visitor who appears to be concealing something suspicious under @@HIS@@ shirt. "Face it @@LEADER@@, the odds of anybody wanting to hijack a plane from a remote location are astronomical. Especially considering how small those planes are. I say we do away with it!"
[effect] airports with less than 100 weapons per week are exempt from airport security

[option] "Is this a bloody joke?" questions @@RANDOMNAME@@, the head of @@NAMEINTIALS@@ASA- @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ Aviation Safety Authority, who knocked the stationary off your desk when first hearing the news. "I can't believe that my guys are putting a half-arsed effort into their jobs! This just shows that we need a bigger budget, and we need to audit every airport in @@NAME@@. I’m sure the tax-payers will be happy to pay for me and my family to personally inspect all of them!"
[effect] the nations’ most remote airports have more airport security staff than passengers

[option] "Why is this a problem?" asks @@NAMEINTIALS@@ASA agent @@RANDOMNAME@@, whilst playing with the same worry beads that @@HE@@ was using whilst examining your bags. "In 99.9% of cases nothing goes wrong. We're there for the 0.1% of the time where there is a threat. Who cares what we do the rest of the time?"
[effect] on-duty airport security personal are usually seen taking their siestas at their posts
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Lobosias
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lobosias » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:55 pm

doesn't giving the city/town/etc a specific name(not something like @@animal@@ central square) kinda go against player autonomy n stuff?
Go vegan

owo uwu

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:17 pm

Lobosias wrote:doesn't giving the city/town/etc a specific name(not something like @@animal@@ central square) kinda go against player autonomy n stuff?

Not necessarily. We already have named cities in the issue cannon, which include, but aren't limited to: Greenville, @@ANIMAL@@ City, @@ANIMAL@@ Hills (this is more of a region than a city, but none the less), CENCORED (later renamed "Southfjord") etc. etc. etc. Like all coastal countries, we could assume that @@NAME@@ would have many remote islands, so therefore, it's not necessarily a bad thing to name a single one of them. Plus, it will provide a precedent for anyone else who wishes to work with a remote island in future issues.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Bump

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:57 pm

One comment. That bad, ha?

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:58 am

Insight for you.

When you bump a handful of issues with just the word "bump" the natural inclination of the reader is to ignore ALL of those issues. When you bump those threads again with identical comments, that makes people even less inclined to engage.

If you can't be bothered to put thought into your own threads, why should anyone else?

Anyway, this issue doesn't feel like an issue. You're basically saying that airport security doesn't seem very good on cursory inspection. No triggering incident indicating poor security, no evidence-based justification for the assertion, no reason to think this is anything more than a matter for airport management to review. Hell, probably not even a task for airport management as a whole, but just for the line managers of the staff who were slacking on the job.

Individuals doing their job badly --> line manager.
Organisation failing systemically --> company bosses.
National concerns --> government.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:14 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Insight for you.

When you bump a handful of issues with just the word "bump" the natural inclination of the reader is to ignore ALL of those issues. When you bump those threads again with identical comments, that makes people even less inclined to engage.

If you can't be bothered to put thought into your own threads, why should anyone else?

Anyway, this issue doesn't feel like an issue. You're basically saying that airport security doesn't seem very good on cursory inspection. No triggering incident indicating poor security, no evidence-based justification for the assertion, no reason to think this is anything more than a matter for airport management to review. Hell, probably not even a task for airport management as a whole, but just for the line managers of the staff who were slacking on the job.

Individuals doing their job badly --> line manager.
Organisation failing systemically --> company bosses.
National concerns --> government.

Cheers!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?