NATION

PASSWORD

Tutelage of the Sovereign (Elparia Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Essotori
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Tutelage of the Sovereign (Elparia Only)

Postby Essotori » Wed May 08, 2019 9:49 am

Tutelage of the new Nozerod, open to any Elparian nation, submit an app to join in.

Name:
Function:
Home Country:

The former monarch, Nozerod James III, was tragically assassinated in an anti reformist coup, after a series of internal debates and modernisation projects. The anti reformists failed to secure support from the local militia commanders, who were able to mount successful sieges of the anti reformer strongholds. The heads of the coup were sentenced to death by the Regency Council of Essotori, in a manner that will be displayed to the public, in the most gruesome form. Due to the absolute primogeniture of the Kingdom of Essotori, the crown will be passed to his late majesty's daughter, Mary of the Hill Dynasty. She is merely thirteen, but was personally mentored by the former Nozerod for the purpose of ruling. As such, she is very bright, but will need additional tutoring until she reaches the age of majority. The Regency Council, dominated by Pro Reformers, searched out the former Nozerod's sister, Elizabeth, who is married into the Royal Family of Vanya, to educate Mary, and protect the nation of Essotori during these trying times. Experts are invited from the nations of Elparia to assist in Mary's upbringing. A chance to develop Essotori's bonds with said nations and for said experts to learn about Essotori's grand history, while staying in the City of Origin (The city locked only to the Monarchs, the Court and Family members)[/b]

The City of Origin, where the Monarchs stay and the tutors will attend.

Below, but in future it will be above, is the entry of Nozerod Mary Hill in her private diary, where she documents her experiences with the various tutors or the political affairs of the realm.

First Entry, Era Names, Titles and Foreigners

"The news of my dear father's demise came as a deep shock to me. The coup seemed to have come out of nowhere, sprang by the disloyal and the unwilling. I was swiftly moved to the City of Origin's most secure area, and was told that my father was dead, and that I would be crowned next month as the Nozerod of Essotori, divine in all respects. While initially sad, father taught me for the longest time that such emotional concerns matter not, studying and faithfulness, are my keys to power and longevity. I see he was right in a respect, his early death means a longer reign for myself, and my faith has been rewarded with the throne. Four men, clothed in aristocratic golden vestments knelled before me, as they did with my father long ago. They wanted to know what I wanted to be known as during my reign. I choose the name Glorious Jewel, as jewels can shine brightly, and I hope to shine as bright as the stars in the heavens above. I heard from the men that I would soon be tutored by my Aunt, the, Elizabeth, who was sent off to the tiny country of Vanya. I'd be surprised if the average citizen of the world even knows what Vanya is." - Mary Hill.
The United Kingdom of Essotori
Essotori Imperial Overstructure (Includes Rooding and Suntterland)
Libentern - Kovrenzia - Eugrela

Nozerod - Mary Hill
Regency Council
Parliament of Direct Authority - 1200 Seats
Parliament of Regal Authority - 300 Seats
Congress of Duchies - 24 State Representatives

Corusconia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Corusconia » Wed May 08, 2019 11:44 am

Name: Konteradmiral Friedrich von Emmerheim
Function: Tutor for Naval and elsewise Military Strategy
Home Country: The Nationalist Republic of Corusconia (also known simply as the Reich)

Konteradmiral Friedrich von Emmerheim, a high-ranking naval officer hailing from the Reich, arrived in the nation of Essotori aboard the Ersatz-class nuclear battleship Scharnhorst, as a show of the might and majesty of the formidable Corusconian Kriegsmarine. He came along with his family, consisting of his wife, Monika, a beautiful and stately woman of 37, along with their son, Wolfram, a dashing, confident, and prideful 15-year-old boy, as well as their daughter, Marie, an 11-year-old girl with a heart of gold and a smile to light up a room. Friedrich himself was a well-mannered, charismatic man of 39 years, with 21 years of experience in the Kriegsmarine under his belt. He was here on a mission from the Reichstag to tutor the young Glorious Jewel of Essotori, who had taken power as Nozerod after the untimely death of her father, in the ways of naval and elsewise military strategy from the best in the world.

Minachia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Minachia » Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Name: Prof. Rosa-Maria Egnatius, PhD.
Function: Tutor for language, mathematics, and the sciences.
Home Country: The Empire of Caero-Minachia

Professor Rosa-Maria Egnatius landed in Radonstinatle in a small private jet, wishing to neither make a scene nor risk offending the volatile Essotori regime with a show of brute force. She was, after all, here just to tutor the young Nozerod to prepare her to lead Essotori into the Twenty-First Century, not to drill her into being a backwards military dictator like her father before her. Egnatius had been hand-picked by Caesar himself to be sent to Essotori. A tall, middle-aged Latin woman, 57 to be exact, who had previously taught at the prestigious College of Hévíz, she was stern in her teachings yet gentle in person, always keeping her lessons as a top priority while still valuing her relationships with her students. Rosa-Maria was a little bit of a polymath, but her most loved fields of study - and the ones she held degrees in - were in mathematics, science, and the world's languages, and she intended to keep them at the forefront of her teaching the Nozerod, while leaving other subjects to her fellow tutors. Along with her was her husband, Constantine Egnatius, aged 63, an intelligent businessman who had mostly come along just to see the country, and Daniel Nicolescu, Rosa's assistant.
Be a good person and don't use NS stats. The insane ones, at least.
Full name: Caero-Minachia. The CH is hard because Italian spelling.
Basically Rome, but Christian and modern.
Now with more Slavs!
Our leader has a ridiculously long title.
Carthago delenda est.
Lutheran Christian (LCMS), politically apathetic (
though I have gotten recent interest in Christian Democracy).
Elparia's Official Florida Man.
Christ is King, even if you don't believe it.
♔ Monarchist
Una buonissima canzone.
More OOC crap.
Discord, 'cause why not?

Essotori
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Receiving the Foreigners

Postby Essotori » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:34 pm

The Teachers

"The City of Origins is truly beautiful, ever since I was born the people of the realm seemed so small. I watched as the tutors arrived at the City's gates. The foreigners, in their suits, looked like average Essotori citizens, just less obedient. I asked a servant their names, countries and purposes, listing them off in my mind. Rosa - Maria Egnatius, mathematics, scientists, and linguistics. I don't understand what use I could have for foreign languages, Essotori does very little with outsiders. Unless the regency council, full of subversives anyway, want me to prostrate myself before foreign dignitaries, like a diplomat! The thoughts of such an indignity made me shudder. They are from Minachia, a nation that quarreled with mine for decades over "human rights abuses". Interesting what they can bring me, and what I can show them of my plans for Essotori. Konteradmiral Friedrich Von Emmerheim. I struggled to pronounce this person's name and title. He is teaching me military tactics, relating to naval combat, with a full battleship and his family. I can respect this man's background and style, if nothing else. Naval combat isn't something my father taught me, saying he would when I reached eighteen, so it will be interesting to see what this family can give me. The child he is bringing, will be a good test of my ability to manipulate and control, if not a potential influential foreign ally. Corusconia, a partner nation of Essotori, and friend of my father. I appreciate their friendship to the homeland. Finally, but not arriving yet, is my Aunt, Elizabeth Hill, married off to Vanya. She is teaching me more generally, and acts as my primary mentor. I hope she can help me find her nation on a map, and that she stills speaks our language." - Mary Hill, Diary Entry No2.

My servants directed the tutors to my new throne room, as I wore my veil. I was much more used to it by now, and the importance of my visage remaining unseen is understandable, especially to foreigners. As I took my seat on the Throne of Origin, the servants kowtowed to me, shouted "Praise Glorious Jewel! Long Live Glorious Jewel!" before falling silent. The tutors entered, and I greeted them with

"I am Glorious Jewel, Nozerod of Essotori, Lady of Eternity and Defender of Realm, and Sword of the People, Shield of Freedom for All Subjects. Kowtowing is not necessary. If you need anything, direct requisitions to my head servant, this man to my right, Lord Arthur of Diao."

Nozerod - Mary Hill
Regency Council

Minachia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Minachia » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:35 pm

Rosa-Maria enters the chambers first. She spoke in a rather upbeat, almost lighthearted way: "Salve, Majestas Tua. I am Rosa-Maria Stephana Egnatius, Professor of the College of Hévíz, Professor Emeritus of the Pontifical College for Women, Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Mathematics, Master of Science, Master of Linguistics, Honorary Doctor of Science, Honorary Doctor of Theology and of Divinity, Dame Commander of the Imperial Order of the Blue Cross, Honorary Dame of the Apostolic Order of Christ and His Saints. I bring you greetings from Caero-Minachia! It is a great pleasure to meet you!" She is seen visibly suppressing laughter as she intentionally outdoes the Nozerod's formal title.
She motions to the two men with her. "Here is my husband, Constantine, an accomplished businessman, and my assistant, Daniel Nicolescu."
She turns to the head servant. "May you please show me to my office, so I may get straight to work?"
Last edited by Minachia on Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Now with more Slavs!
Carthago delenda est.
♔ Monarchist
Una buonissima canzone.
More OOC crap.
Discord, 'cause why not?

Corusconia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Corusconia » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:50 pm

Shortly after the entrance of the Minachian professor, the Konteradmiral and his family entered the chambers. “Abend, Frau Hill.” He said, curtly, with an air of authority and discipline, yet kind-heartedness and affability. “As I’m sure you have assumed, I am Konteradmiral Friedrich von Emmerheim, hailing from the Reich. This is my wife, Monika, my daughter, Marie, and my son, Wolfram.” He says, gesturing to the respective members of his family as he introduces them. Monika nods curtly with a smile, and Marie hides behind her father’s legs, shy in the face of the recently-crowned Nozerod. Wolfram, to the contrary of his sister, steps forward, and extends his hand for a handshake. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Glorious Jewel.” He says, with a carrying voice that all but commands respect.

Essotori
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Hand Shaking

Postby Essotori » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:55 pm

The tutor's odd array of titles seemed like a way to irritate me, but it was highly amusing. I sized up each other guests, answering the Minachian first.

"Well met madam. I look forward to our lessons together. I hope your education is successful and that you enjoy your stay. The timetable is on the door, if you have any queries, do speak to any guard."

I ordered the guards to tend to the guest's needs, and they kowtowed, before taking the Minachian to her room, in a high up floor of the House of Tribulation, while the Corusconians were addressed second. The youngest, a boy, around my age, reached out to shake my hand. Normally, someone who even dared to do such a thing would be executed, but I found his move interesting and daring, so I got off the throne, slowly approached him, and shook his hand softly. I've never shaken a hand before, so I wasn't sure how strong I was meant to do it. "Nice to meet you, Wolfram."

"The Kingdom welcomes you all. Your service is appreciated. If you seek to discuss anything, or want anything, just ask a guard. As I said earlier, the timeline is on the table. When the time comes, come downstairs from your room. I've arranged for you all to be in the same room, any questions?"

Nozerod - Mary Hill
Regency Council

Corusconia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Corusconia » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:45 pm

“That is perfectly fine, O Glorious Jewel.” The Konteradmiral replied, with a resounding respect. Wolfram didn’t seem to agree with his father, and it showed in the expression on his face. “Actually, Nozerod Mary, it would be much preferred if I were to have my own room. If there would be any way to arrange that, it would be deeply appreciated.” He spoke in a respectful tone, though it was quite clear that he was only doing it as a formality. His father shot him a stern look, but the courageous teenager didn’t seem to care, standing his ground in front of the Nozerod.

Essotori
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Confrontation

Postby Essotori » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:23 pm

Mary moved her hand, indicating that a servant was to direct the Admiral to his quarters, but before sending him off, she noticed the young boy, who remained in his position. “Actually, Nozerod Mary, it would be much preferred if I were to have my own room. If there would be any way to arrange that, it would be deeply appreciated.”

At the utterance of her name, Mary was intrigued, by Essotori custom, it is incredibly immoral to address the Nozerod by their given name, but she couldn't work out if he was being disrespectful, ignorant of the custom, or just didn't care. She would have much fun discerning more of his personality. The guards, recoiled, with the head servant glaring at Wolfram, and he whispered words of condemnation towards Wolfram. Mary was not willing to tolerate any conflict, so she planned to remove the guards as fast as possible.

"Wolfram, is it? Anything can be arranged here, if you want anything, just let me know. The servants will make anything I need happen. However, I must ask that you do not address me by my real name, it may cause distress to my servants, and is very anti tradition. Address me as, Your Highness, Majesty, Nozerod. It may seem odd, but such formality is very important for the maintenance of proper conduct in the Palace. *She turned her head left and right, and clearly ordered to the guards "Leave us."

Turning back to Wolfram, come, "I'll show you to your room?"
Last edited by Essotori on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nozerod - Mary Hill
Regency Council

Corusconia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Corusconia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Wolfram seemed surprised by the hastiness of the Nozerod to be rid of the guards. “Yes, of course.” He said, politely. “I apologise for my rudeness. I was not aware of the Essotori customs for addressing someone such as yourself.” He gave an atmosphere of confidence and respect with his words and tone.

Being the son of a prominent and somewhat controversial Kriegsmarine officer, he was very used to conducting himself in the highest manner possible, and has a reputation for having a natural aura of command.

Greater Vanya
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Vanya » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Radonstinatle, Essotori

Elizabeth was a hard, austere woman even by generous assessments, her lip more often than not setting into a hard line that did no favors to her long, bony face. She wore her alabaster skin like a funeral shroud and what little bosom she had tended to fade into her ample collar bone. On this particular morning, she had donned a black velvet gown embellished with grey ravens' fathers on the collar and nape. While stately, the gown did not soften her features, instead making her look like a vengeful phantom or some spirit of gnawing death and decay. She was a serious woman, shrewd, stern, and utterly no-nonsense, and, more than that, one accustomed to perceiving rule as her birthright. It was a trait ill-suited for life among the Vanya, who were more ritualistic than hierarchical and authoritarian.

Trailing behind her came her son Prince Aram. Aram was a lethargic boy of fifteen, pampered and pudgy. He was known to have a fondness of feasting and dancing, two fields in which he excelled, but was even more notable for his dislike of hiking, kayaking, and falconry, the principal sports of the Vanya. This accounted for much of his physical softness, including his prominent double chin and bulging gut, but, even if he had been slender and fit, the dull grey pallor of his eyes and his weak jawline would not have made him an especially gallant character in any court. Nonetheless, the boy could be impulsive, whether one called this courage or stupidity depended largely on one's perspective, especially when confronted with injustice.

"Cousin!" Aram called as soon as he spotted the Nozerod greeting her Corusconian guests before catching himself and blushing like a cherry tomato. "Um, I mean... uh, Your Highness," he stammered awkwardly after a brief pause, "We are well met." He curtsied clumsily before flashing a bright puppy dog smile. Elizabeth assessed her son frostily. "Nozerod," she tutted primly, "It is beneath Your Highness's station to cater to guests. I have no doubt Wolfram would love to entertain Your Highness later this evening as we dine." Elizabeth struggled to hide a smile. She understood Mary's reasoning, perhaps better than Mary herself. An attractive boy bred for the admiralty would never be unappealing to a girl sheltered in palaces and surrounded by spoiled, effete boys and old men. All the same, while flirtations and even lovers might be permitted, propriety had to be upheld. A highborn girl did not show a man, any man, to his quarters.

Name: Elizabeth, Princess-Consort of the Greater Vanya, Archduchess of Essotorri
Function: Regent, Aunt, and Legal Guardian
Home Country: Essotori, Greater Vanya

Essotori
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Escort

Postby Essotori » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:36 pm

"The City of Origin is huge, I assume you wanted a room relatively close to your family. I have one in mind, near the top, with a huge view of the sea. Your father is relatively famous here, so I placed you, and your father, on the same floor as the Chamber of Naval History, where we keep models of ships, journals and uniforms of ancient admirals, as well as sailors. If you need directions, ask a servant."

Mary was not too familiar with Corusconian ways of life, so she would enquire about the child's life, as she escorted him up the huge amount of stairs.

Nozerod - Mary Hill
Regency Council

Corusconia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Corusconia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:12 pm

“That is fantastic, your Majesty. It is very much appreciated.” He said, politely, with a nod. “I have always been quite fond of the sea. Shocking, I know.” He said, sarcastically, becoming aware that it would come as a surprise to exactly no one that the son of an admiral would be one to favour the sea.

“Though, I’m one to be partial to the mountains of the Andechs. It’s great fun to go elk hunting in the winter. My favorite time of year is the annual home fleet review in Reichenau. It’s a fantastic show of force. You should go to the next one. The Großadmiral loves to invite officials from allies of the Reich.”

Essotori
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Mary Hill

Postby Essotori » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:48 pm

“Though, I’m one to be partial to the mountains of the Andechs. It’s great fun to go elk hunting in the winter. My favorite time of year is the annual home fleet review in Reichenau. It’s a fantastic show of force. You should go to the next one. The Großadmiral loves to invite officials from allies of the Reich.”

"Well I'd be happy to attend. I enjoy battleships, my father didn't really consider it important for me to learn at my age though. It's been a pleasure talking to you, I understand that coming to a foreign land with little amounts of people your age is hard, but the servants will attend to anything you require, to make the job easier for you. I must return to the chamber we met, to greet more tutors. Goodbye for now, Wolfram."

I began descending the stairs, as Rennaya, my favoured maid since I was young, ran towards me. Kneeling before me and shaking profusely as if worried about something. "Praise the Nozerod." I quickly helped her get up. I always enjoyed her company and companionship, someone I could vent to about the frustrations of youth. Since my accession, she has become more reserved, and cautious around me, which I found irritating. "Rise, Rennaya. What disturbs you?" I asked inquisitively. "My Holy Nozerod. The Regent, your Aunt has arrived, with her son"

I had almost forgot that accursed woman was coming, I remember when father told me he sent her away to live in barbarity, so as to not poison the image of our great dynasty. I could sense there was some hostility between him and my aunt, he warned me once, that she is not to be trusted, and will try to usurp us, so I was not to let her. My father was a genius, but wrong in many ways. I seek to use the principle of benevolent governance, and greet her in kindness and respect, as a fellow member of the Hill Dynasty, despite her uncultured home. I travelled down the stairs, and arrived in the main hall, where a mini riot was occurring, and one servant pointed to me, and called his colleagues over. He seemed very young, twenty at most. I wondered what made this young man desire to become a Royal servant. Two maids and one other servant, who I recognised as the head servant, Lord Diao, and two of the cooking department's maids, distinct by the green uniforms with a single, deep red rose on their hair. Diao, and the two maids swiftly knelled, as was Royal protocol. The young man, did not kneel, and I began glaring intensely at him "Am I merely another maid to you? Why are you not showing humility and proper respect?", he must not have been aware of palace rules, and he immediately fell to his knees and apologised several times, which became extremely annoying, so I ignored his groveling, and turned to Diao. "This man does not understand the palace rules, and has committed a capital offence. You understand, yes? lest we set a bad example for the Regent." I uttered coldly. Some may view this as tyrannical, but it is necessary to keep discipline up in these palace walls. The Kings of old constantly dealt with palace corruption and thievery, crown jewels vanishing and ending up being sold at sky high prices outside the palace walls on the black market, for instance. To the degree of a dark alleyway in Entaria! Lord Diao, in a very uncharacteristic manner, started to weep. He started begging me profusely. Your Eternal Majesty, this boy is new to the palace! He is my first son, I ask you for leniency, so that I not be deprived of a loyal son!

I felt more sympathy for Diao, as a loyal servant of the Hill Dynasty, I felt I could not just order his son killed. Very well Diao. In honour of your decades of loyalty to the Kingdom of Essotori, your son will only be beaten. I do this so that he remembers proper manners. Ensure that he knows his place in the future, or I won't extend this mercy again." Diao rose to his feet, and bowed three times in extreme gratitude, while dragging his son away from my sight. I had the maids follow me to greet the Regent, as their youth and beauty would reflect well on the important guest. I arrived in the welcoming room, where the regent was standing with her son, and the maids, as well as the guards, all bowed four times to the regent, all chanting "Greetings your highness!"

While this is royal protocol, it irked me extremely in jealousy. "Greetings, Regent." I said quietly.
Last edited by Essotori on Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nozerod - Mary Hill
Regency Council

Greater Vanya
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Vanya » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:38 pm

If Elizabeth had a fault beyond her lack of grace, it was pride. The princess-consort had not expected a warm welcome from her niece, especially not in light of the poison her fool of a brother had spoon-fed the girl from an early age, but begrudging adherence to ceremony from a pampered child who had just played the hussy was almost more than she could bear. A tight-lipped smile greeted the Nozerod. "Nozerod," came the terse reply, "We are well met. If it pleases Your Majesty, I have taken the liberty of convening the Regency Council tomorrow morning. We have quite a bit of business to address." Elizabeth strolled forward, her austere, dark dress billowing like a funeral shroud around her tall, bony frame. A necklace of black pearls gleamed from her neck, right above where most women could boast a bosom. The jewelry was modest and unassuming, but a challenge all the same. It conveyed wealth. Power even. Who would have guessed that a gift from her stuttering husband would prove so useful?

"Allow me to introduce Your Majesty's cousin," Elizabeth added, more as an after-thought than anything, "Aram, Prince of the Greater Vanya." She first stepped aside and then practically shoved her anxious son forward. Aram gazed into Mary's eyes, blinked a couple times, peered down at his feet, and then blushed hotly. "No-nozerod," he stammered courteously. His thick, splotchy hand moved to cup hers before he seemingly thought the better of trying to kiss her. Elizabeth, meanwhile, tried to conceal the bubbling contempt she felt towards the boy, who resembled so much his doddering, milquetoast father. I should have married the other brother, she thought acidly, A fool he might be, but he's closer to a king than a librarian.

Essotori
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Thoughts on the Archduchess

Postby Essotori » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:46 am

I always enjoyed regalia, and I especially liked The Archduchess’ black dress, it was long, and I admired the material, it’s resemblance to a funeral dress was appropriate for remembering my brother, and the passing of my old life as a mere Princess of Essotori. I rise to the Throne as the righteous soul rises to Heaven. In contrast, my dress was red, with copious amounts of gold. It helped highlight my hair, that was held up with head dresses that occasionally scratched my head and itched. They looked glamorous, and let me indulge in my own narcissism, but for utility’s sake, they were a burden. The Archduchess’ greeting was tinged with spite and daggers. In her Majesty’s mind, the woman was full of scorn and jealousy for my dear father’s position. No friend to be trusted. Her time with the barbarians, had clearly impeded her judgement. I gave her the traditional greeting. Her snide comments, framed as advice but obviously hostile, irritated me. She was too old, and too female, to realistically take the throne from me, but she is clearly a power hungry vagrant. "Nozerod," came the terse reply, "We are well met. If it pleases Your Majesty, I have taken the liberty of convening the Regency Council tomorrow morning. We have quite a bit of business to address." The Regency Council. The people running our grand nation down with their bureaucratic, subversive ways. They address me as divine yet scheme against me, frustrate my every move. Even if I showed up personally to every meeting, my orders rarely get done, beyond living arrangements and other minor elements of my day to day life. I wondered when my age of majority is reached, that I could simply remove them, as my father did with the military upon his accession. “Of course, Archduchess. I trust you to educate me well, and that the Kingdom will prosper under our benevolent guidance.” The Dynasty would be lucky to survive if this woman and the Regency Council started colluding. I must do whatever I can to learn, and rise to the throne as intended, failing that, I must escape the City of Origin and rally support with the loyalist militias, obviously not happy with their Nozerod in hostage. Her son, Aram, was extremely shy. I take quite a liking to the shy, obedient type, so I showed him more hospitality. “Aram. Prince of Vanya, and my cousin. I trust you have not seen much of civilisation, besides what my dear Aunt has described. Radonstinatle is huge after all. You are welcome to stay as long as you desire.” Around this point, Aram gazed into Mary's eyes, blinked a couple times, peered down at his feet, and then blushed hotly. "No-nozerod," he stammered courteously. I thought this adorable, beckoned him forward. Though he did not kowtow or bow, his respect for me and my position was deep. "You need not fear. We are cousins. I am Glorious Jewel, Nozerod of Essotori. I am deeply curious as to your ways, so do please feel free to talk to me about your customs when I am not dealing with scheming bureaucrats." Such an individual could be a strong bargaining chip against Aunt, should she actually have a heart and care about anything bar her own whorish power. I decided, in the end, to show some interest and care for this Aram. At least, I can have a loyal voice reporting on the very highest level of government in Vanya, as well as the Angels of Essotori, of course. This Dynasty, of over a thousand years will not end with me, I swear on the heavens.

Nozerod - Mary Hill
Regency Council

Minachia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Minachia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:39 pm

A few months into the tutelage.
Rosa-Maria was in her office, preparing various course materials, as she pondered how her job educating Essotori's young monarch was going. In truth, Mary didn't seem to have much of a care for the sciences or mathematics, despite how hard the professor tried, but she seemed to have an unusually keen interest in language. Soon after Egnatius had arrived in Essotori, she was informed by a few advisers that language education should focus on Latin and German. While she had been more than prepared to teach the former even if she hadn't been told to do so, she was slightly annoyed in having to teach the Corusconian tongue, although she was still knowledgeable in it. However, there was an even more daunting challenge than that: Latin and German were incredibly complex and difficult languages on their own (but not impossible to teach), but teaching both at the same time and to a child? Fat chance for success.

To her surprise, however, the young Nozerod was surprisingly quick to understand her lessons. The professor soon realized that she was fluent in Greek, as evidenced by her swift comparisons of Latin grammar and basic words to those of that language; this would no doubt be of great benefit to Rosa, as Greek was every bit as complicated as Latin and German and also shared many features. An even greater surprise was, however, that not only was Mary exceedingly good at the courses, but she even seemed to be enjoying them! Truly, no words could describe Rosa's joy!

Over the months, the teacher and pupil came to know each other well, and perhaps one could even describe them as friends. Although Mary complained endlessly of her algebra and biology lessons, she continually looked forward to the language lessons, sometimes even demanding that the others be cut short to get to them sooner. And indeed, Professor Egnatius saw the Nozerod as one of the best students she had ever had. During this time, she also saw an interesting opportunity to, perhaps, sway the young ruler to Minachian leanings (she had been hand-picked by the Emperor, after all). Initially, she started by going on small tangents about Minachian culture when relevant terms came up (she of course tried to balance this with her own knowledge of Corusconian customs, so as not to seem too overt); for example, when the Latin word for wine came up, she talked briefly about Minachian wine customs and such, and similarly when the German word for beer, she attempted to explain their customs as well. Slowly though, she introduced more... politically inclined terms, such as Senatus, after which she very briefly explained what the Minachian Senate is, and did the same for the term Reichstag in the German lesson. Rosa was very methodical about this, very careful to never seem too overt, lest she face the wrath of angry regents. Mary, for her part, seemed at least slightly curious in such cultural terms, which sparked some hope in the professor that she could at the very least instill some cultural insight in the girl.

Today though, Egnatius considered something much more drastic. She had always been curious as to what Mary's thoughts on politics and ideology were, and was especially curious of her thoughts on democracy, the rights of the people, et cetera. If, Rosa thought, she could bring up such terminology, perhaps she could have a discussion with her pupil on the matter and gain some insight into her. Still though, it would be risky, especially with the spies everywhere...
Last edited by Minachia on Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now with more Slavs!
Carthago delenda est.
♔ Monarchist
Una buonissima canzone.
More OOC crap.
Discord, 'cause why not?

Essotori
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Post One (Relaunched on NS)

Postby Essotori » Wed May 13, 2020 8:15 am

The Nozerod of our Great Kingdom have written a glorified book that I’ve had to study my entire life, for consumption by the general public in an exquisite, public record of the lives of Nozerods throughout history, our Domain benefits from the link between master and servant. My own entry is sparse and underutilised, and sadly barer than the day I was born. My favorite servant Koch suggested that I use a private diary to express my own emotions. So I shall start with detailing my tutorship and my inevitable ascension, and my life. I remember a time when I was four. My father, the Previous Nozerod, looked at me and told me that my brother was an immoral reprobate, who did not deserve the legacy of Essotori. I was brought to a huge, golden plateau, encircled by men in dark hoods. They introduced themselves as “My Highest Slaves” who would prepare the Nzonis for ascension. Nzonis was a term equivalent to crown prince, with less of the glamour and more of the duties. I remember being very scared and crying, they tried to console me with toys, but I didn’t want these people touching me. Father put his hand on my shoulder and took me to my room, where he comforted me. He told me that he would keep me safe from the outside world, from the cruel, vindictive desires of foreign powers and the outsiders. That someday, Essotori would fall to me. I held him tightly and could feel his mustache on my face. Then I was moved to a higher level in the Palace of Origin, from where I couldn't see people from my window. Going down to the surface via the stairs would take so long that it may as well have been an expedition. I was given a new set of maids, who wore beautiful red gowns, yet were absolutely terrified of me. Quickly I found out that I had total control over these people, as was natural. They would obey me in perpetuity. Their lives were in my hands. Swiftly recognising my place, I would use my position to enhance discipline in the palace. Full of corruption, men who had risen above their station taking up resources in the empire. I routinely had these men, and the people who failed in my relatively simple tasks, beaten.

My Esso tutors were boring, teaching the irrelevant realities of political science. One ponders, when does the Divine Nozerod need to know Marxist theory? Especially when no one in Essotori even knows what Marxism is. Two days before my fourteenth birthday, I was rocked by the news that there was a coup, that “traditionalist” forces had assassinated my beloved father. My natural desire for power blocked out any humiliating displays of sadness in front of Koch, who had the crown delivered to me. The coronation ceremony was elaborate, and secret. As was tradition. I tried my hardest to prevent tears as I swore to uphold the dignity of my ancestors, and had the Origin Crown placed at my feet. This was very important, symbolising that I, as the Nozerod of Essotori, am above the rituals of foreign nations, who’s Kings and Emperors typically had a clerical representative of the Nozerod’s church crown them as the my servants over their domains. In one day I had gone from an obscure Nzonis to the Mistress of the entire planet, every pasture of green, every deep blue hue of the sea. Every corner of industry and commerce, all belong to me. Legions of Crown Slaves prostrated themselves before me, and awaited my first order. Which I recall fondly, being to bring me the men who assassinated my father, all who remained alive would be sentenced to Nazin. An ancient ritual that I had read about during my studies of our glorious past. Nazin referred to the practice of pinning one’s feet to a wooden or metal surface, and stretching their bodies apart with a specially designed contraption that hooked into the arms, and would then pull unnaturally. The death would be slow, painful and public. I am normally averse to blood and gore, but Essotori has an extremely long history, full of punishments that fit the crime of regicide. The following months would be dominated by my whims, Crown Slaves were very efficient in completing my orders, though it was obvious that the nation was being run by my “Highest Slaves” the Regency Council. In the Palace my word is unquestioned. Though if I try to influence the outside world, they’ll present some excuse as to why my reforms cannot be implemented, while of course, bowing and swearing that they deserve to die for failure. I, of course, would have them taken to the beating chamber.

Nozerod - Mary Hill
Regency Council

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents