NATION

PASSWORD

A Warm Welcome from London(OOC, Always open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

A Warm Welcome from London(OOC, Always open)

Postby Lessoni » Thu May 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Discord: https://discord.gg/5hDNRkx

IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=466057

The year is 1965. The world is on a very different path from yours; instead of the atomic era, we've rediscovered the power of steam. Fabulous advances in technology came, cities high in the sky and at the bottom of the ocean, airships, and even rumors of spacecraft. A wonderful time to live, yes.

If you don't mind getting shot full of holes.

For you see, this isn't a utopia, far from it. The world is suffering from one of the worst crime waves in history, simply because no one could quite understand just what the implications of the rapid expansion of technology were. Criminals knock over banks in one country and can be in another by morning on a personal airship, the cities are ripe prey for anyone who can steal enough to afford a grappling hook, and murder is as simple as getting a man alone and filling him full of holes, because new steam propelled bullets are practically impossible to trace. It certainly is a dark, dark time. But fear not, for there is hope.

To combat crime, most western governments have gone... lax, on vigilante justice. In most countries, including England and the U.S, it's been legalized entirely, and in others, such as France and Germany, there is no longer any more punishment than a small fine. But your soon-to-be company, Marshall and Anderson Private Investigation, is based entirely in one of the crime hubs of the world; London. It's a small affair, but well funded, though asking either Marshall or Anderson where they got their fortunes will get them acting rather nervous.

Jack Marshall and Sean Anderson have ideals, ideals of justice and peace. They also have ideals of getting even richer. So naturally, they wanted to find a way to combine those things, and what better way then to lower the crime rate, for a price? They were quickly contracted by London as an extension of the woefully understaffed police force, as many companies are, and now they need more boots on the ground to really make a name for themselves.

That's where you come in.

You've done something to make a name for yourself in London or abroad, and Marshall and Anderson need people like you. So you were sent a letter, sealed in red wax with an emblem of "M and A". In that letter, along with promise of a good salary and any medical expenses paid, you found an invitation to the offices of Marshall and Anderson Private Investigation for a job opening. What you do from there? Is up to you. Whether you become famous for the right reasons, become famous for the wrong reasons, or avoid the spotlight altogether, one thing's for certain; you're gonna leave a mark on this city a mile wide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to my very first RP! Here's to hoping this doesn't crash and burn. I'm usually a very lax person and I hope to be a lax OP, but there are...

The rules

1. Don't be a dick. We're not children here, (mostly), we can be civil with each other.
2. Obligatory no god-modding rule.
3. What I say goes, but if I'm being a blatant asshole for whatever reason feel free to call me out on it.
4. Please, I beg of you, don't be an edgelord who "only works alone". Teamwork is important here.
5. Let me know if you're gonna be gone a while. I'm planning on running this RP in a way where not everyone is required to post, but I'd still like a heads up.
6. If you really need to argue with someone, do it privately either over discord or TG.
7. Have fun. This is a mandatory rule.
8. 2 character limit. More than two characters will inevitably over extend you; I'm doing you a favor.
Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, let's get into the juicy bits.

The steam: Most vehicles, from the huge passenger airships to the personal carriages, are steam powered. A permanent source of heat was found in the form of an element known as unobtanium, an ironically common resource found in the Amazon rainforest, making coal unnecessary for steam production and therefore making steam power much more clean, and more importantly, cheap. As unobtanium steam plants could be as large or small as necessary, they can be used for practically any mechanical device.

The airships: Airships are by and far the most popular mode of travel. They vary in size from roughly an average car with a balloon attached, to a gondola the size of the Titanic with a balloon to match. Airship pricing is based less on size and more on speed, as the power required to power both propellers and the devices that keep the ship afloat is tremendous.

The grappling hooks: At first designed to be a novelty made for magicians and their ilk, criminals and cops alike quickly found the value in owning a steam pressure grappling hook. Weighing roughly 12 pounds (5.4 kilograms) and similar in appearance to a bolt action rifle, the hooks consist of a small canister roughly the size of a personal O2 tank and hook attached to steel wire, they make use of pressurized steam to fire the hook up to 35 meters, far enough to reach the rooftops of most buildings. Roughly a minute is required in between shots to allow steam to replenish.

The firearm: The firearm has been radically modified from it's gunpowder days, though gunpowder weapons are still in existence. Instead of gunpowder, each bullet has a miniature steam plant inside it, and the firearm serves to release a sudden burst of steam, propelling the bullet at roughly the same speed as a gunpowder bullet. The main advantage of steam guns is that they're completely untraceable, leading to anonymity for criminals and plausible deniability for law enforcement. They're also much quieter, firing at roughly the volume of a suppressed traditional fire arm. Guns come in all the forms you know and love, from the simple handgun to the rather impressive minigun, and everything in between. The only exception is the shotgun, which is still widely a gunpowder weapon, because scientists just can't figure out how to get pellets to spread from a steam burst.

The blade: Small, easy to conceal blades are surprisingly common in London. Cane swords and kukris especially have made a comeback, though true swords are quite rare, but not unheard of among assassins.

Still here? I applaud your tenacity. Considering you've made it this far, perhaps you're looking for the

Code: Select all
[b][u]A Warm Welcome from London Character Application[/u][/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexual orientation(optional):[/b]
[b]Role:[/b] (Investigator or security)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Feel free to use a picture or just describe your character's appearance here) [spoiler][img]IF USING PICTURE PUT IT HERE[/img][/spoiler]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

[spoiler=Abilities and Skills](Combat skills, investigation skills, etc.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Weaknesses](Weaknesses here)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Equipment](Equipment here)[/spoiler]

[b]Hometown:[/b]

[b]Faction:(For now this is Marshall and Anderson)[/b]
Last edited by Lessoni on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Pebis

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Thu May 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Last edited by Lessoni on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pebis

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri May 31, 2019 8:24 am

I'll just drop this here... its a post of interest, also known as a Tag
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri May 31, 2019 9:11 am

Expression of interest otherwise known as tag
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Mersdon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mersdon » Fri May 31, 2019 11:47 am

I'm dropping a big fat tag on this topic; I'm interested!
[floatright]
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

Cossack Khanate
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Fri May 31, 2019 12:33 pm

I will be making my app soon, sounds like an amazing premise. Can't wait!
The Holy Decreeist Empire of Cossack Khanate
We don’t use NS Stats, to do so would be ridiculous. You also can’t check my factbooks...because they are in Google Docs. Tee hee
Council of Free Market Economies ,ReArk Armaments (WIP)
A proud member of the regions Cornellia (IC) and Farkasfalka (OOC).
Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Me in not so much of nutshell: The Nutshell

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri May 31, 2019 5:35 pm

This looks neat.

Cossack Khanate
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Fri May 31, 2019 5:53 pm

A Warm Welcome from London Character Application

Name: Jason Black
Sexual orientation(optional):Perfectly Straight
Appearance:5’11.5”

Backstory:Jason Black was born in London in 1937, to a middle-class family. His father was an ordinary banker, his mother an ordinary nurse. But one unfortunate day in 1939, on the brink of WWII, his father was conscripted into the British military and eventually sent to fight in the war against the Nazis.

Jason’s father survived up until the end of the war as a standard infantryman, but was killed by a Nazi ambush during the Battle of Hamburg. Since his father’s job had been the main source of income for the family, Jason and his mother were forced to move into a smaller house, in a not-so-great neighborhood.

Even at 8 years old, Jason had a reputation at his school for violence. Unsuspecting bullies attempting to pick on the quiet kid would find themselves running home with bloody noses and bruised eyes. It is rumored that at 14, Jason bludgeoned a rival and threw him into a local river. This coincided with the disappearance of the victim. He was never found.

Due to repeated complaints from his school, Jason’s mother decided to move in with relatives in Texas. It was here that Jason learnt prowess with sharpshooting. Starting off with shooting empty glass bottles with his M1903 rifle, he progressed to stunt shooting at local competitions. He was renowned for his ability to shoot while on moving objects, while jumping, and while doing things that should have made it impossible to shoot.

In terms of academics, he was mainly interested in psychology and the study of society. While it could have been assumed that his time in the U.S was peaceful, it was not so. He got into many more fights, over honor, over girls, etc. He was once suspended for shooting an enemy with a borrowed airsoft gun.

When he graduated high school, the first major crime wave in the U.S broke out. The police were horribly understaffed, as being a policeman in the age of crime was reasonably seen as quite dangerous. Although they were well-funded, the police was unable to prevent crime. So they desperately turned to “Professional Armed Investigators , essentially mercenaries with a different name. Jason signed up, was accepted in the Texas State Bureau of Professional Investigators (TSBPI), and had an excellent career for 5 years, recording 43 confirmed kills, 129 arrests, and 61 probable kills. He was then invited to the International Law and Order Bureau (ILOB), which was practically an international organization to combat the worldwide crime wave: But with mercenaries only. Serving in ILOB allowed him to gain permits for many weapons, and several worldwide safehouses, his favorite being in London. He served for two and a half years, before retiring to fight crime on the dark streets of London on his own. Until now...
-Sharpshooter: Developed from 14+
- Parkour expert: Developed this from his mercenary career, especially while fighting armed syndicates in urban environments
- Psychological Knowledge and Warfare: Studied Psychology on his own, especially on how to break opponents will
-Knows how to use all his weapons well (see Equipment)

Very Emotional / Can get depressed at bad moments : Although his reaction to his rough childhood was cutthroat violence, he has known to have times when he wanted to be alone and in solitary. He also has had many romantic failures, and his only love in the U.S was killed in a gang gunfight.

Not great with technology outside of weaponry: Self-explanatory

Note: Jason has a safe house in London, his standard equipment (everyday loadout) are the first two items, his mission equipment are the first 5 items for special missions, and weapons he tends to keep at home are the rest.

2x Ka-bar knife (American service knife from WWII, passed down by his uncle)
2x Beretta M9 9mm pistol (steam powered-versions)
1x M16 (steam powered version)
1x MP5
1x M40 Sniper Rifle
1x “Battle Fatigues”: Black on black uniform, limited protection against pistol ammunition for torso, half face mask
1x Miniature Grappling Hook: Device attachable to forearm and weighs about 4 pounds. Depletable steam canisters are used in hooks, yet the hooks themselves can be used over and over. Range is only 10 meters, but is useful where light weight is key.

(storage and rare occasions)
1x Kukri
2x Dao
1x Katana
1x Grappling Hook
2x Riot Sheilds
1x Colt Single Action Army (2nd Generation)
1x M240 machine gun
Unspecified amounts of various grenades

Hometown: London

Alignment:Mercenary / Hired Police
We don’t use NS Stats, to do so would be ridiculous. You also can’t check my factbooks...because they are in Google Docs. Tee hee

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Fri May 31, 2019 6:32 pm

Cossack Khanate wrote:A Warm Welcome from London Character Application

Name: Jason Black
Sexual orientation(optional):Perfectly Straight
Appearance:5’11.5”

Backstory:Jason Black was born in London in 1937, to a middle-class family. His father was an ordinary banker, his mother an ordinary nurse. But one unfortunate day in 1939, on the brink of WWII, his father was conscripted into the British military and eventually sent to fight in the war against the Nazis.

Jason’s father survived up until the end of the war as a standard infantryman, but was killed by a Nazi ambush during the Battle of Hamburg. Since his father’s job had been the main source of income for the family, Jason and his mother were forced to move into a smaller house, in a not-so-great neighborhood.

Even at 8 years old, Jason had a reputation at his school for violence. Unsuspecting bullies attempting to pick on the quiet kid would find themselves running home with bloody noses and bruised eyes. It is rumored that at 14, Jason bludgeoned a rival and threw him into a local river. This coincided with the disappearance of the victim. He was never found.

Due to repeated complaints from his school, Jason’s mother decided to move in with relatives in Texas. It was here that Jason learnt prowess with sharpshooting. Starting off with shooting empty glass bottles with his M1903 rifle, he progressed to stunt shooting at local competitions. He was renowned for his ability to shoot while on moving objects, while jumping, and while doing things that should have made it impossible to shoot.

In terms of academics, he was mainly interested in psychology and the study of society. While it could have been assumed that his time in the U.S was peaceful, it was not so. He got into many more fights, over honor, over girls, etc. He was once suspended for shooting an enemy with a borrowed airsoft gun.

When he graduated high school, the first major crime wave in the U.S broke out. The police were horribly understaffed, as being a policeman in the age of crime was reasonably seen as quite dangerous. Although they were well-funded, the police was unable to prevent crime. So they desperately turned to “Professional Armed Investigators , essentially mercenaries with a different name. Jason signed up, was accepted in the Texas State Bureau of Professional Investigators (TSBPI), and had an excellent career for 5 years, recording 43 confirmed kills, 129 arrests, and 61 probable kills. He was then invited to the International Law and Order Bureau (ILOB), which was practically an international organization to combat the worldwide crime wave: But with mercenaries only. Serving in ILOB allowed him to gain permits for many weapons, and several worldwide safehouses, his favorite being in London. He served for two and a half years, before retiring to fight crime on the dark streets of London on his own. Until now...
-Sharpshooter: Developed from 14+
- Parkour expert: Developed this from his mercenary career, especially while fighting armed syndicates in urban environments
- Psychological Knowledge and Warfare: Studied Psychology on his own, especially on how to break opponents will
-Knows how to use all his weapons well (see Equipment)

Very Emotional / Can get depressed at bad moments : Although his reaction to his rough childhood was cutthroat violence, he has known to have times when he wanted to be alone and in solitary. He also has had many romantic failures, and his only love in the U.S was killed in a gang gunfight.

Not great with technology outside of weaponry: Self-explanatory

Note: Jason has a safe house in London, his standard equipment (everyday loadout) are the first two items, his mission equipment are the first 5 items for special missions, and weapons he tends to keep at home are the rest.

2x Ka-bar knife (American service knife from WWII, passed down by his uncle)
2x Beretta M9 9mm pistol (steam powered-versions)
1x M16 (steam powered version)
1x MP5
1x M40 Sniper Rifle
1x “Battle Fatigues”: Black on black uniform, limited protection against pistol ammunition for torso, half face mask
1x Miniature Grappling Hook: Device attachable to forearm and weighs about 4 pounds. Depletable steam canisters are used in hooks, yet the hooks themselves can be used over and over. Range is only 10 meters, but is useful where light weight is key.

(storage and rare occasions)
1x Kukri
2x Dao
1x Katana
1x Grappling Hook
2x Riot Sheilds
1x Colt Single Action Army (2nd Generation)
1x M240 machine gun
Unspecified amounts of various grenades

Hometown: London

Alignment:Mercenary / Hired Police

Everything here looks good, but you neglected to list the role (security or investigator). Also... I may have forgotten to change the alignment section on the app to faction, so you'll have to change that. It's updated on the character app. Entirely my mistake, apologies.
Pebis

Cossack Khanate
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:59 am

Lessoni wrote:Everything here looks good, but you neglected to list the role (security or investigator). Also... I may have forgotten to change the alignment section on the app to faction, so you'll have to change that. It's updated on the character app. Entirely my mistake, apologies.

Oh, oopsie. More investigation / armed police. No security stuff around here

Faction is obviously Marshall and Anderson, Jason is accepting the invite.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:25 pm

Cossack Khanate wrote:
Oh, oopsie. More investigation / armed police. No security stuff around here

Faction is obviously Marshall and Anderson, Jason is accepting the invite.

Then, without further ado, I'd call that accepted.
Pebis

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:27 pm

Tag
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:31 pm

Name: Albert Smith. true name: Krystyn Warecki
Sexual orientation(optional): Heterosexual
Role: Investigator
Appearance:

Backstory: Born in 1927 in Warsaw, WWII happened when he was just 12 and ended when he was 18, he did not join any partisans in Poland and mostly hid in Warsaw. During the Warsaw uprising, his father who miraculously survived the invasion in 1939 and returned to their home was killed while the Nazi's were bombing Warsaw.

After the war, he found himself in Poland, not like one he grew up in, the communists took power. He was living through his life until he was forcefully conscripted into UB ( Urzad Bezpieczenstwa, commonly called Bezpieka, the secret police in Poland during communist rule ) and was forced to hunt down remaining partisans.

In 1956 he was "promoted" into being a spy for the Soviets. After some training, he was sent to Great Britain where he was supposed to spy, instead, he cut off any communication with the Soviets and went into hiding. As time passed by he was still as much paranoid as the first day he cut off communications until he received an envelope sealed with red wax with letters M&A. After some investigation on his own, he made sure they weren't hunting him but knew about his past.

Sharpshooting
Investigation
Lock picking
Hand-to-hand fighting

Old Wound in the Knee ( lowers mobility )
Recognizable ( because of his gear )
Paranoid

Steam Pistol
Grappling Hook
Mask equipped with Crosshairs

Hometown: Warsaw

Faction: alright, Marshall and Anderson
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:39 pm

Endem wrote:A Warm Welcome from London Character Application

Name: Albert Smith. true name: Krystyn Warecki
Appearance:

Backstory: Born in 1927 in Warsaw, WWII happened when he was just 12 and ended when he was 18, he did not join any partisans in Poland and mostly hid in Warsaw. During the Warsaw uprising, his father who miraculously survived the invasion in 1939 and returned to their home was killed while the Nazi's were bombing Warsaw.

After the war, he found himself in Poland, not like one he grew up in, the communists took power. He was living through his life until he was forcefully conscripted into UB ( Urzad Bezpieczenstwa, commonly called Bezpieka, the secret police in Poland during communist rule ) and was forced to hunt down remaining partisans.

In 1956 he was "promoted" into being a spy for the Soviets. After some training, he was sent to Great Britain where he was supposed to spy, instead, he cut off any communication with the Soviets and went into hiding. As time passed by he was still as much paranoid as the first day he cut off communications until he received an envelope sealed with red wax with letters M&A. After some investigation on his own, he made sure they weren't hunting him but knew about his past.

Sharpshooting
Investigation
Lock picking
Hand-to-hand fighting

Old Wound in the Knee ( lowers mobility )
Recognizable ( because of his gear )
Paranoid

Steam Pistol
Grappling Hook
Mask equipped with Crosshairs

Hometown: Warsaw

Faction: alright, Marshall and Anderson

I'd call this app right here

A c c e p t e d
Pebis

Mersdon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mersdon » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:45 pm

Name: Dame Frances Chappell
Sexual orientation(optional): straight
Role: (Investigator or security) Investigator
Appearance: (Feel free to use a picture or just describe your character's appearance here)

Backstory: Dame Frances Charlotte Chappell de Rohan of Sudbury was born on September 6, 1942, to Baron Edward Francis Chappell of Sudbury and Susie Morehead de Rohan, the Baron of Sudbury and the second daughter of a Bourbon count, respectively. She grew up during the tumultuous years of World War Two and its aftermath. Her father served in the Royal Air Force, ending up as a colonel, a recipient of the DSO, and an ace with twenty-three confirmed kills. Her mother, in the meantime, managed the Chappells' large estate with a deft hand, raised Charlotte, her younger sister, and three of her brothers, and also served as a WASP when she could. When Charlotte turned nine, she moved from her family's manor to the United States to be with her dad, who was the air attache at the British Embassy in Washington. She went to Sidwell Friends School, and there, she built up her friend network that was to serve her so well in her later career. Soon afterwards, she headed off to Georgetown University to study economics, political science, and history, gaining a degree in the latter two and expanding her friend group to many of the American political and business classes' heirs and successors. After completing her undergrad degree in 1964, soon after the assassination of John F. Kennedy, she moved back to the UK and began looking for work. Originally employed as a typist and assistant in the Foreign Office, she left due to low pay, poor promotion prospects (due to her sex), and the lure of other, more exotic work. Now, she works as the head of her local council; and due to her being freshly knighted by the Queen, she also is an honorary captain in the Queen's Welsh Grenadiers. Still, she's bored... maybe, just maybe, something might come her way from the pulsing center of intrigue in England- from a smoggy, steam-filled city called London...

-Great duelist/fencer/markswoman
-Is a decent equestrian
-Very well educated, especially in the political sciences, oratory, and history
-Has a dry wit, an eye for art, and can forge signatures/other written things rather well
-Is a polyglot
-Can blend in easily with an aristocratic crowd

-Speaks with upper-class Received Pronunciation (sticks out easily in lower-class crowds)
-Cannot stomach more pungent/'dirty' foods
-Has a soft spot for luxuries and the soft, genteel life of a noblewoman with a passion
-Has a large extended family, which is rather wealthy (prime targets for extortion/kidnappings/blackmailers)
-Cannot pilot an airship too well

One steam pocket pistol, one Model 1850 foot officer's sabre, one kevlar jacket, one pair of binoculars, and a bevy of other stuff

Hometown: Sudbury, Suffolk

Faction:(For now this is Marshall and Anderson)
Last edited by Mersdon on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
[floatright]
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:57 am

Name: Kaptein Ansgar Alfhild
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Role: Security, Heavy Infantry
Appearance:

Backstory: Born in 1939, Ansgar came into the world at the eve of the German Reich's campaign against the Nordic countries. As the Germans used their Airships to force the monarchy into submission, Ansgar's family fled the occupied and scorched city of Oslo, seeking refuge in Reykjavik as the Nazi's continued their campaign against the free world.

After the liberation of Norway in 1945 with the German Reich's capitulation at the hands of Allied air-power, news reached that his father had been killed-in-action when his Airship was shot down over Berlin by Nazi Anti-Air devices. Ansgar and his family did not return to Oslo after this, and built their lives in Iceland, surviving as members of the new displaced war-class. While growing up, Ansgar had a deep distrust and hatred toward the German people. After the decimation that had occurred across the world, he views the Germans as a people of little remorse, and an insatiable dominating character.

Kaptein Ansgar has, since coming of age, began a campaign against German transports and commercial shipments. Based in Orkney, he has joined "The Valkyries", a group of Nordic veterans and vigilantes that patrol the skies off the coast of the North Sea, intercepting and pillaging German ships, where they have become a thorn in the side of the freshly beat nation.

Ansgar made his way to London on a pilgrimage of sorts. He can only learn/do so much before he lacks the proper skills and knowledge of self and of the world to truly make an impact, and is in London to gain these. In a way he kinda can tell he is Bigotish towards Germans, and wishes to discover himself while fighting what hes been taught his whole life
He'd be content just picking on Germans and being a Sky-Bandit his whole life, but Vikings of old raided with a purpose, and he feels that raiding out of vengeance only serves no greater purpose.

~Skilled Airship Pilot
~Experienced in Heavy Weapons
~Natural Born Leader

~Tourette's Syndrome
~Little Hand-to-Hand skill
~Stubborn

~Customized Icelandic Sky-Armor (See Picture)
~The Ambessone
~ Breda-M30
~FLICKR H1V3-M1ND

Hometown: Born in Oslo, Norway, raised in Reykjavik, Iceland

Faction:Marshall and Anderson

A Warm Welcome from London Vehicle Application

Name: The Ambessone
Role: Transport Vessel
Appearance:

Backstory: The Ambessone was constructed in 1940 in Iceland as an attempt to have a minor resistance force in the event of a German bombing campaign. After the Fall of Norway, the Ambessone was flown by Kaptein Rollo Sjallerson in the Icelandic volunteer corps in the British RAF. The Ambessone acted as a small transport ship and supply vessel, transporting small numbers of troops and valuable munitions to the front lines, where it aided in stopping the German advance into France, where it was than stationed in Paris as apart of the cities British Support Force keeping the city secured. After the war, Ships of The Ambessone's class were discontinued and retired as they lacked the advanced engine systems and firepower of newer ships, and The Ambessone was left in permanent drydock in Northern Iceland.

With dissent towards Germans skyrocketing, and disconent towards proper action against the German People, a handful of Nordic Veterans and militia-men procured an abandoned military site on the Isle of Orkney, and have since been launching raids on German transports and convoys. The Ambessone was stolen by Ragnarr Jorvun, and flown south to meet with this new Raider Fleet. Since then, the Ambessone has changed hands many times, before coming into the possession of Ansgar Alfhild, who now captains the small ship as his personal vessel.

~Easily Maneuverable
~Large Cargo Hold

~Only Basic Armoring\Reinforcement
~Outdated Engine

~2 forward mounted Machine Guns
~3 Artillery Cannons on Each Side
~Crew Space for 15

Hometown: Reykjavik, Iceland

Owner: Ansgar Alfhild
Last edited by Gerdon Laughis on Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kragholm Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kragholm Free States » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:42 pm

Name: Professor Luther A. Carrington
Sexual orientation(optional): Straight
Appearance:

Backstory: Born in 1920 to a family of moderately successful wine merchants in Shrewsbury, Luther Augustus Carrington's childhood was spent alternating between classical education and embarking on trips abroad in the company airship to learn about the family business, that he might one day take over at its head. During these trips he learned how to fly the machine himself, as well as gaining some instruction from his father into how to keep it running and command its crew. In his teenage years, Luther would eventually be entrusted with making flights without his father's supervision, mainly to Portugal and France. He was a competent pilot, but showed little to no enthusiasm for the task. At 18, Luther enrolled at Oxford University to read History, a subject in which he showed particular promise, and was clearly where his true passion lay - along with fencing, which he took up while at university and proved to be a quick learner.

Alas, his studies were cut short when war broke out across Europe, and Luther was drafted as a midshipman (thanks to his previous flying experience) aboard the airship HMS Iron Duke. The Iron Duke was promptly deployed to the English Channel, where it saw significant action against the airships of the Luftwaffe, being an instrumental asset in several large-scale engagements. Unfortunately, in mid-1940, Luther was caught by shrapnel from German anti-aircraft fire, leaving him with a missing eye and a medical discharge.

With little else he could do for the war effort, Luther returned to Oxford and spent the rest of the war devoted wholly to academia, finishing his bachelor's degree and being awarded a master's degree and a PhD by 1945. Throughout the following years he authored a number of successful academic works on subjects from Ancient Mesopotamia to Egypt, becoming a well-respected name amongst historians of the ancient world, and in 1956 he was offered a permanent teaching post at Oxford. By 1960 he was a fully-fledged professor, and was also continuing to make quite a name for himself through several expeditions to the Middle East, the most recent of which in 1965 involved the the discovery and excavation of the long-lost city of Akkad and the supposedly cursed tomb of its last king Shu-turul, from which Luther brought back enough artifacts to fill several rooms of the British Museum. When he returned home, a letter was waiting on his desk.

Extremely intelligent and well-educated, excellent attention to detail, proficient in fencing, piloting/navigation skills, speaks fluent French and Portuguese, and understands a number of ancient languages.

Missing an eye, fairly inexperienced with guns (although carries one just in case) and basically any weapon that isn't a sabre, tendency to go off on tangents when speaking.

Duelling sabre, Enfield No.2 snub-nose steam revolver, notebook and pen, monocular, eyepatch, Swiss Army knife, a book (which book varies, but he is never without one).

Hometown: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England

Faction:(For now this is Marshall and Anderson) Marshall & Anderson
Last edited by Kragholm Free States on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:58 am, edited 9 times in total.
Formerly New Aerios, Est. 2012.
I don't use NS stats, here's my perpetually WIP factbooks.
Obligatory Political Compass:
Econ: 3.88 (R), Soc: -4.97 (L)
Civil Libertarian, Monarchist, Decentralist, Economic Localist, Englishman.
Old posts not necessarily representative of current views.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Gerdon Laughis wrote:A Warm Welcome from London Character Application

Name: Kaptein Ansgar Alfhild
Role: Security, Heavy Infantry
Appearance:

Backstory: Born in 1939, Ansgar came into the world at the eve of the German Reich's campaign against the Nordic countries. As the Germans used their Airships to force the monarchy into submission, Ansgar's family fled the occupied and scorched city of Oslo, seeking refuge in Reykjavik as the Nazi's continued their campaign against the free world.

After the liberation of Norway in 1945 with the German Reich's capitulation at the hands of Allied air-power, news reached that his father had been killed-in-action when his Airship was shot down over Berlin by Nazi Anti-Air devices. Ansgar and his family did not return to Oslo after this, and built their lives in Iceland, surviving as members of the new displaced war-class. While growing up, Ansgar had a deep distrust and hatred toward the German people. After the decimation that had occurred across the world, he views the Germans as a people of little remorse, and an insatiable dominating character.

Kaptein Ansgar has, since coming of age, began a campaign against German transports and commercial shipments. Based in Orkney, he has joined "The Valkyries", a group of Nordic veterans and vigilantes that patrol the skies off the coast of the North Sea, intercepting and pillaging German ships, where they have become a thorn in the side of the freshly beat nation.

~Skilled Airship Pilot
~Experienced in Heavy Weapons
~Natural Born Leader

~Tourette's Syndrome
~Little Hand-to-Hand skill
~Stubborn

~Customized Icelandic Sky-Armor (See Picture)
~The Ambessone
~ Breda-M30
~FLICKR H1V3-M1ND

Hometown: Born in Oslo, Norway, raised in Reykjavik, Iceland

Faction:Marshall and Anderson

A Warm Welcome from London Vehicle Application

Name: The Ambessone
Role: Transport Vessel
Appearance:

Backstory: The Ambessone was constructed in 1940 in Iceland as an attempt to have a minor resistance force in the event of a German bombing campaign. After the Fall of Norway, the Ambessone was flown by Kaptein Rollo Sjallerson in the Icelandic volunteer corps in the British RAF. The Ambessone acted as a small transport ship and supply vessel, transporting small numbers of troops and valuable munitions to the front lines, where it aided in stopping the German advance into France, where it was than stationed in Paris as apart of the cities British Support Force keeping the city secured. After the war, Ships of The Ambessone's class were discontinued and retired as they lacked the advanced engine systems and firepower of newer ships, and The Ambessone was left in permanent drydock in Northern Iceland.

With dissent towards Germans skyrocketing, and disconent towards proper action against the German People, a handful of Nordic Veterans and militia-men procured an abandoned military site on the Isle of Orkney, and have since been launching raids on German transports and convoys. The Ambessone was stolen by Ragnarr Jorvun, and flown south to meet with this new Raider Fleet. Since then, the Ambessone has changed hands many times, before coming into the possession of Ansgar Alfhild, who now captains the small ship as his personal vessel.

~Easily Maneuverable
~Large Cargo Hold

~Only Basic Armoring\Reinforcement
~Outdated Engine

~2 forward mounted Machine Guns
~3 Artillery Cannons on Each Side
~Crew Space for 15

Hometown: Reykjavik, Iceland

Owner: Ansgar Alfhild

Most of this looks great, and I especially like the airship, but I'm curious as to how a Nordic pirate came to be in London

Kragholm Free States wrote:A Warm Welcome from London Character Application

Name: Professor Luther A. Carrington
Sexual orientation(optional): Straight
Appearance:

Backstory: Born in 1920 to a family of moderately successful wine merchants in Shrewsbury, Luther Augustus Carrington's childhood was spent alternating between classical education and embarking on trips abroad in the company airship to learn about the family business, that he might one day take over at its head. During these trips he learned how to fly the machine himself, as well as gaining some instruction from his father into how to keep it running and command its crew. In his teenage years, Luther would eventually be entrusted with making flights without his father's supervision, mainly to Portugal and France. He was a competent pilot, but showed little to no enthusiasm for the task. At 18, Luther enrolled at Oxford University to read History, a subject in which he showed particular promise, and was clearly where his true passion lay - along with fencing, which he took up while at university and proved to be a quick learner.

Alas, his studies were cut short when war broke out across Europe, and Luther was drafted as a midshipman (thanks to his previous flying experience) aboard the airship HMS Iron Duke. The Iron Duke was promptly deployed to the English Channel, where it saw significant action against the airships of the Luftwaffe, being an instrumental asset in several large-scale engagements. Unfortunately, in mid-1940, Luther was caught by shrapnel from German anti-aircraft fire, leaving him with a missing eye and a medical discharge.

With little else he could do for the war effort, Luther returned to Oxford and spent the rest of the war devoted wholly to academia, finishing his bachelor's degree and being awarded a master's degree and a PhD by 1945. Throughout the following years he authored a number of successful academic works on subjects from Ancient Mesopotamia to Egypt, becoming a well-respected name amongst historians of the ancient world, and in 1956 he was offered a permanent teaching post at Oxford. By 1960 he was a fully-fledged professor, and was also continuing to make quite a name for himself through several expeditions to the Middle East, the most recent of which in 1965 involved the the discovery and excavation of the long-lost city of Akkad and the supposedly cursed tomb of its last king Shu-turul, from which Luther brought back enough artifacts to fill several rooms of the British Museum. When he returned home, a letter was waiting on his desk.

Extremely intelligent and well-educated, excellent attention to detail, proficient in fencing, basic pilot skills.

Missing an eye, fairly inexperienced with guns (although carries one just in case) and basically any weapon that isn't a sabre, tendency to go off on tangents when speaking.

Duelling sabre, Enfield No.2 snub-nose steam revolver, notebook and pen, monocular, eyepatch, Swiss Army knife, a book (which book varies, but he is never without one).

Hometown: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England

Faction:(For now this is Marshall and Anderson) Marshall & Anderson

Looks great, accepted
Pebis

Eggistaan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eggistaan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:22 am

I'm sorry for all the people who saw the redefinition of stupidity when I was playing as Hatootehland back in 2015. I was eleven then, yes, I was eleven.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:32 am

Mersdon wrote:A Warm Welcome from London Character Application

Name: Dame Frances Chappell
Sexual orientation(optional): straight
Role: (Investigator or security) Investigator
Appearance: (Feel free to use a picture or just describe your character's appearance here)

Backstory: Dame Frances Charlotte Chappell de Rohan of Sudbury was born on September 6, 1942, to Baron Edward Francis Chappell of Sudbury and Susie Morehead de Rohan, the Baron of Sudbury and the second daughter of a Bourbon count, respectively. She grew up during the tumultuous years of World War Two and its aftermath. Her father served in the Royal Air Force, ending up as a colonel, a recipient of the DSO, and an ace with twenty-three confirmed kills. Her mother, in the meantime, managed the Chappells' large estate with a deft hand, raised Charlotte, her younger sister, and three of her brothers, and also served as a WASP when she could. When Charlotte turned nine, she moved from her family's manor to the United States to be with her dad, who was the air attache at the British Embassy in Washington. She went to Sidwell Friends School, and there, she built up her friend network that was to serve her so well in her later career. Soon afterwards, she headed off to Georgetown University to study economics, political science, and history, gaining a degree in the latter two and expanding her friend group to many of the American political and business classes' heirs and successors. After completing her undergrad degree in 1964, soon after the assassination of John F. Kennedy, she moved back to the UK and began looking for work. Originally employed as a typist and assistant in the Foreign Office, she left due to low pay, poor promotion prospects (due to her sex), and the lure of other, more exotic work. Now, she works as the head of her local council; and due to her being freshly knighted by the Queen, she also is an honorary captain in the Queen's Welsh Grenadiers. Still, she's bored... maybe, just maybe, something might come her way from the pulsing center of intrigue in England- from a smoggy, steam-filled city called London...

-Great duelist/fencer/markswoman
-Is a decent equestrian
-Very well educated, especially in the political sciences, oratory, and history
-Has a dry wit, an eye for art, and can forge signatures/other written things rather well
-Is a polyglot
-Can blend in easily with an aristocratic crowd

-Speaks with upper-class Received Pronunciation (sticks out easily in lower-class crowds)
-Cannot stomach more pungent/'dirty' foods
-Has a soft spot for luxuries and the soft, genteel life of a noblewoman with a passion
-Has a large extended family, which is rather wealthy (prime targets for extortion/kidnappings/blackmailers)
-Cannot pilot an airship too well

One steam pocket pistol, one Model 1850 foot officer's sabre, one kevlar jacket, one pair of binoculars, and a bevy of other stuff

Hometown: Sudbury, Suffolk

Faction:(For now this is Marshall and Anderson)

I see no issue, accepted
Pebis

Cossack Khanate
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:13 am

Just a suggestion, you should create a roster of characters, so (especially as the RP progresses), we can refer back to their applications for character details. You can just link their posts along with their name.

If you didn’t know how to, I just found out: You can write [post=(whatever number post it is, you have to find this by quoting them and checking the quote code)](your text)[/post]

This would help, but its just a suggestion

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 am

Cossack Khanate wrote:Just a suggestion, you should create a roster of characters, so (especially as the RP progresses), we can refer back to their applications for character details. You can just link their posts along with their name.

If you didn’t know how to, I just found out: You can write [post=(whatever number post it is, you have to find this by quoting them and checking the quote code)](your text)[/post]

Smart man, gold star for you

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 am

Name: Alicia Wundfra / Teufelsengel / Devil Angel
Sexual orientation(optional): Bi
Role: Investigation
Appearance:

Backstory: Alicia had been a mere Catholic girl, born in 1930 growing up in Germany, before the Nazi Party came to power. As among many 'sub-race' people, she and her family had been taken captive. Unfortunately for her, she had ended up in the more worst part of the Detention Camps - namely the Experimentation Ward. In her case, she was the test-bed for Project Teufelsengel or literally Devil Angel - a method of creating an assassin in the form of a harmless woman.

Mostly it included on having her psychologically broken, remade and broken again - until she forgot her home, her family and even her last name. Alicia was one of several dozen, granted she managed to last longer than most - or had her sanity so skewed, that her body refused to accept pain anymore. As she literally took on the ego of Devil Angel - her method of assassination was a mixture of awe and shock. In her disguise of being a showgirl, dancer or singer - someone harmless and almost beautiful, an Angel. Before having that broken by the shock - playing on the human mind and it's natural fears, a Devil - before being cut down.

While most of the camps were eventually liberated - the one they were operated in was scheduled to be incinerated and destroyed. Granted, by that point Alicia at the age of fifteen had learned enough - and managed to kill seven guards before escaping the burning ruin. Becoming a Teufelsengel in the flesh, granted in the New World - she had plenty of targets to kill, none of whom were without sin. Though as she got older, a bit of her old personality returned - allowing her to be normal-ish by day and the Teufelsengel at night.

Subterfuge/disguise expert
Occultist/magician/trickster
Poisoner
Knife-Fighting
Pain-tolerance

Mentally unstable
Shock-and-awe value can fear off
Isn't physically capable

Make-up kit, that can double as both for disguising and also poisoning.
An array of bladed knives of various size and shape attached to her body and dress.
Lipstick tube, that can spray liquid tar.

Hometown: Forgotten/Berlin

Faction:(For now this is Marshall and Anderson) M/A

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Cossack Khanate wrote:Just a suggestion, you should create a roster of characters, so (especially as the RP progresses), we can refer back to their applications for character details. You can just link their posts along with their name.

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know how to do it lol
Pebis

Cossack Khanate
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Lessoni wrote:

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know how to do it lol

Yup, np, just like this Jason Black

that was [post=35759804]Jason Black [post] (with the slash in front of the second post)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse