NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Cryptocurrency Conundrum

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

[DRAFT] A Cryptocurrency Conundrum

Postby SherpDaWerp » Fri May 31, 2019 3:16 am

The title is a work-in-progress, I think it could be a bit better but I'm not sure how. Also, first issue draft, help me improve please!

Description
Recently, cryptocurrencies like byte-coin or aetherium have skyrocketed in price, making a few @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ very rich. Unfortunately, due to the nature of these cryptocurrencies, not a single @@CURRENCY@ was taken by the @@NAME@@ Tax Office from these unscrupulous investors.
Validity
High tax rate
Openly available internet

Option 1
"It's simple really. We need stricter controls on the populace's income, to make sure we get every last cent of our tax money!" proposes @@RANDOMNAME@@, the Minister for Taxing Everything. "Now, I'm sure some will object to the increased oversight, but the extra money going into the government will be a nice boost."
Outcome
@@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ moan as the government taxes yet another income source

Option 2
Just then, you receive an email from an "anonymous@jmail.com". It reads: "Now, just because I made a couple extra @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ on the side from this cryptocurrency business doesn't mean I'm a criminal. Maybe if we had less ridiculous tax rates, @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ like me wouldn't have to do stuff like this just to make some money!"
Outcome
cyber-criminals transfer funds with impunity

Option 3
Your Minister of Safety, @@RANDOMNAME@@, disagrees. "Let's not forget what these cryptocurrencies are really for. The only real use they have is funding those crazy Lilliputian terrorists! I say we just outlaw them, for the good of @@NAME@@."
Outcome
any use of cryptocurrency places @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ on a government watchlist
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri May 31, 2019 4:04 pm

I feel as if this has a lot of overlap
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Fri May 31, 2019 4:18 pm

Overlap with itself or did I miss an issue that covers similar stuff already?
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Return to Got Issues?