NATION

PASSWORD

Hundreds quarantined for measles in 2 CA universities.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu May 23, 2019 7:34 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Duhon wrote:

Leave this country or stay out of it.

We don't have fuckin' measles, now, do we?
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Duhon wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Nice strawman.

You're the one denying the effectiveness of vaccines, Chern, or am I wrong in reading your very words?

You are wrong. I suggest you go back to my post and read it more carefully next time.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 7:38 pm

The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Nope.

Why would you rather die along with hundreds of millions of others and allow the further spread of the pandemic instead of getting the vaccine that would prevent you and billions of others from dying and stop the spread of the pandemic?

Come back when you're finished making fallacies.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 7:41 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Cool, just don't bitch and call them terrorists when you meet armed resistance.

See this is what I mean by outlandish claims. And if you want a war I’ll give you one. The full might of the state vs a terrorist group. I wonder who will win.

Ah “libertarians” always destroying the thing they love the most because of their own stupidity.

Not outlandish at all, if government oversteps their authority it is only natural for insurrections to happen in a country where they value them the most. Okay cool, come and get me then tough guy, make this fun for us. And what makes you think you'll have the ''full might of the state'' backing you up?
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Thu May 23, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Karevka
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Thu May 23, 2019 7:44 pm

It's scary how how ten years ago everyone was trusted and believed in medical science and now some literally think that a vaccination will give your kid autism. Some even take it further and use treatments that do nothing at all. I heard on CBC radio a while back that a woman was convicted of negligence after her son died because she didn't get him proper medical care for his strep infection, instead giving him herbal tea. She had good intentions I know and I believe that she did but you should take your sick kid to the doctor rather than giving tea made from dandelions.

Source:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/tamara-lovett-ryan-failing-provide-necessaries-trial-decision-1.3947694

The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Thu May 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Why would you rather die along with hundreds of millions of others and allow the further spread of the pandemic instead of getting the vaccine that would prevent you and billions of others from dying and stop the spread of the pandemic?

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:I sense that you’d very likely change your tune really quick if there was another Spanish flu-level pandemic that killed hundreds of millions of people and the governments of the world mandated vaccination programs to stop it.

Nope.

Literally implying that you’d rather let humanity suffer and die in the event of a global pandemic instead of letting the government mandate vaccination programs to end the pandemic.
Occasionally the Neo-American States
"Choke on the ashes of your hate."
- Free speech
- Weapons rights
- Democracy
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Racial equality
- Gender/sexual equality
- Voting rights
- Universal healthcare
- Workers rights
- Drug decriminalization
- Cannabis legalization
- Due process
- Rehabilitative justice
- Religious freedom
- Choice
- Environmental protections
- Secularism
ANTI
- Fascism/Nazism
- Conservatism
- Nationalism
- Authoritarianism/Totalitarianism
- Traditionalism
- Ethnic/racial supremacy
- Racism
- Sexism
- Transphobia
- Homophobia
- Religious extremism
- Laissez-faire capitalism
- Warmongering
- Accelerationism
- Isolationism
- Theocracy
- Anti-intellectualism
- Climate change denialism

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Chernoslavia wrote:
Nope.

Literally implying that you’d rather let humanity suffer and die in the event of a global pandemic instead of letting the government mandate vaccination programs to end the pandemic.

You're the one implying I'd rather die than get vaccinated when *hint* *hint* I'm not even anti-vax.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu May 23, 2019 7:54 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

You're the one implying I'd rather die than get vaccinated when *hint* *hint* I'm not even anti-vax.

Quack quack.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 8:13 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Quack quack.

:roll:

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Thu May 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Its really not implying when you....quite literally said exactly that.

You're not antivax yet support and actually think that a widespread armed insurrection would occur if inoculations became mandatory. Yeah okay.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 8:39 pm

Highever wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Its really not implying when you....quite literally said exactly that.

You're not antivax yet support and actually think that a widespread armed insurrection would occur if inoculations became mandatory. Yeah okay.

Prove it.

And what makes you think they won't? There's already many dissent against the thought of mandatory vaccinations.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Sanctum and Ultima
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum and Ultima » Thu May 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Highever wrote:Its really not implying when you....quite literally said exactly that.

Prove it.

And what makes you think they won't? There's already many dissent against the thought of mandatory vaccinations.

Yeah, and that dissent is from people that gets facts about vaccines wrong. Go drink some vodka or something instead of trolling NSG.
This nation actually does not really represent my OOC/IRL views.
9axes: https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a= ... &h=85&i=23
RIP NOTRE DAME
Inner Lands wrote:One men, multiplied by two, divided in four, and obligated to live in eight realms each part of it.

Corrupt Dictator Doges wrote:The former USSR, but with food
United Realms of Sanctum and Ultima
Sæþvir Činovidatăriþ Qahtașăr uc Vilyraðe
A nation set in a world where nations compete for a territory in space...
Now, after getting lots of territory in outer space, our nation was thrown into disarray due to technocrats and commies.
Q&A
PMT nations are the best (change my mind)

The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Thu May 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Then you’re going to need to seriously elaborate on the meaning of your “nope” in reply to me saying that you’d change your tune on mandatory vaccination programs in the event of another major Spanish-flu level pandemic, because it seems to be that your “nope” was saying “I’m so against mandatory vaccination that’d I’d be against it even if tens/hundreds of millions were dead and dying and the only way stopping it was mandatory vaccination”.
- Free speech
- Weapons rights
- Democracy
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Racial equality
- Gender/sexual equality
- Voting rights
- Universal healthcare
- Workers rights
- Drug decriminalization
- Cannabis legalization
- Due process
- Rehabilitative justice
- Religious freedom
- Choice
- Environmental protections
- Secularism
ANTI
- Fascism/Nazism
- Conservatism
- Nationalism
- Authoritarianism/Totalitarianism
- Traditionalism
- Ethnic/racial supremacy
- Racism
- Sexism
- Transphobia
- Homophobia
- Religious extremism
- Laissez-faire capitalism
- Warmongering
- Accelerationism
- Isolationism
- Theocracy
- Anti-intellectualism
- Climate change denialism

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Sanctum and Ultima wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Prove it.

Yeah, and that dissent is from people that gets facts about vaccines wrong. Go drink some vodka or something instead of trolling NSG.

And from people who don't think government should have the power to forcibly drag people out of their homes and pump fluids into their bodies. Also, that's racist bro, it's the current year. Besides, I prefer bourbon more.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Sanctum and Ultima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum and Ultima » Thu May 23, 2019 8:59 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Sanctum and Ultima wrote:Yeah, and that dissent is from people that gets facts about vaccines wrong. Go drink some vodka or something instead of trolling NSG.

And from people who don't think government should have the power to forcibly drag people out of their homes and pump fluids into their bodies. Also, that's racist bro, it's the current year. Besides, I prefer bourbon more.

What if those fluids were harmless and it helps the people?
RIP NOTRE DAME
Inner Lands wrote:One men, multiplied by two, divided in four, and obligated to live in eight realms each part of it.

Now, after getting lots of territory in outer space, our nation was thrown into disarray due to technocrats and commies.
Q&A

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Then you’re going to need to seriously elaborate on the meaning of your “nope” in reply to me saying that you’d change your tune on mandatory vaccination programs in the event of another major Spanish-flu level pandemic, because it seems to be that your “nope” was saying “I’m so against mandatory vaccination that’d I’d be against it even if tens/hundreds of millions were dead and dying and the only way stopping it was mandatory vaccination”.

I would get vaccinated if it means I'll die from infection if I don't, that doesn't mean however that I'm for forcing people to get them. You can knock it off with the ''either this or'' crap.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 pm

Sanctum and Ultima wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

What if those fluids were harmless and it helps the people?

I'm not saying they're harmful though.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Then you’re going to need to seriously elaborate on the meaning of your “nope” in reply to me saying that you’d change your tune on mandatory vaccination programs in the event of another major Spanish-flu level pandemic, because it seems to be that your “nope” was saying “I’m so against mandatory vaccination that’d I’d be against it even if tens/hundreds of millions were dead and dying and the only way stopping it was mandatory vaccination”.

I would get vaccinated if it means I'll die from infection if I don't, that doesn't mean however that I'm for forcing people to get them. You can knock it off with the ''either this or'' crap.

And if not forcing people would cause others to die?
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

Sanctum and Ultima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum and Ultima » Thu May 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Sanctum and Ultima wrote:What if those fluids were harmless and it helps the people?

I'm not saying they're harmful though.

Well, how about the fact that parents who are denying doctors to do one of their duties, which is vaccinating every child in the nation are literally killing children?
RIP NOTRE DAME

Q&A

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 9:14 pm

Kowani wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

And if not forcing people would cause others to die?

This is starting to sound like the occasional ''what if people die'' argument for banning guns.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Thu May 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Highever wrote:Its really not implying when you....quite literally said exactly that.

Prove it.

That whole bit about not changing your mind even if it would prevent millions of desth?

They won't. Or if there are actually people that insane who would actively raise arms and kill people to defend their right to be a needless risk to others it is incredibly small. 99% of the whackjobs that ignore basic science and clear evidence are going to take their fight to court, not the battlefield. And those few that do are not going to be any sort of threat. Hell, you send in a negotiator contaminated with measles in some way and there you go. "Insurrection" over.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu May 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Kowani wrote:And if not forcing people would cause others to die?

This is starting to sound like the occasional ''what if people die'' argument for banning guns.

Except there’s a provable link and no extenuating circumstances that have larger effects-and guns have tangible upsides.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu May 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Highever wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Prove it.

That whole bit about not changing your mind even if it would prevent millions of desth?

They won't. Or if there are actually people that insane who would actively raise arms and kill people to defend their right to be a needless risk to others it is incredibly small. 99% of the whackjobs that ignore basic science and clear evidence are going to take their fight to court, not the battlefield. And those few that do are not going to be any sort of threat. Hell, you send in a negotiator contaminated with measles in some way and there you go. "Insurrection" over.

That's not me saying I'd rather die.

I'm sure that initially they will take it to court but militias have been training for decades in case something like this happens, so yes they will resist, and government will not have the resources to enforce such laws and suppress dissent.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Thu May 23, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Thu May 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Highever wrote:That whole bit about not changing your mind even if it would prevent millions of desth?

That's not me saying I'd rather die.

I'm sure that initially they will take it to court but militias have been training for decades in case something like this happens, so yes they will resist, and government will not have the resources to enforce such laws and suppress dissent.

Again, the few tiny groups that would actually be willing to get themselves killed fighting the government over vaccines are not going to pose some sort of revolutionary threat or be so numerous as to be completely unmanageable. I dont know why you have such a fervent fantasy of seeing this be a thing but I'm sorry to tell you it really won't be.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Thu May 23, 2019 9:30 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Then you’re going to need to seriously elaborate on the meaning of your “nope” in reply to me saying that you’d change your tune on mandatory vaccination programs in the event of another major Spanish-flu level pandemic, because it seems to be that your “nope” was saying “I’m so against mandatory vaccination that’d I’d be against it even if tens/hundreds of millions were dead and dying and the only way stopping it was mandatory vaccination”.

Yet the most efficient way of dealing with a pandemic would be government mandated vaccination in order to halt and prevent further spread of the disease.
- Free speech
- Weapons rights
- Democracy
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Racial equality
- Gender/sexual equality
- Voting rights
- Universal healthcare
- Workers rights
- Drug decriminalization