NATION

PASSWORD

Hundreds quarantined for measles in 2 CA universities.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Thu May 16, 2019 5:02 pm

Tornado Queendom wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Hmmmm? How about legal action against the perpetrators?

Maybe we shouldn't attack the direct causes, but rather, we should use natural selection. The Anti-Vax crowd will not last a week.

They would then sue everyone to death
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu May 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Tornado Queendom wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Maybe we shouldn't attack the direct causes, but rather, we should use natural selection. The Anti-Vax crowd will not last a week.

The adults are vaccinated. It's the children that'll die off.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu May 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Tornado Queendom wrote:Maybe we shouldn't attack the direct causes, but rather, we should use natural selection. The Anti-Vax crowd will not last a week.

The adults are vaccinated. It's the children that'll die off.

This, and adding this is to the fact that we cannot just let the AVers' children die just because they are children of anti-vaxxers. That view, I am just pointing out, is both heartless and wrong.

In actual fact, most of the kids of the anti-vaxxers, if they managed to survive, would go to the school's nurses to get their vaccine, amongst many other things. So these kids definitely know better than their parents, and stuff like that.

If we are going to talk about natural selection, it only makes sense if the person doing it got it (and even then I wouldn't wish illness and death on someone), not the kids (whom most of them know better) that got it.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu May 16, 2019 6:36 pm

Tornado Queendom wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Wellllllll? If they wouldn't take innocents along with them, sure.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Aria
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Tetradimensional Overworld wrote:
Kuominwave wrote:

Anti-vaxxers who refuse to vaccinate their child should be charged with child neglect.

and murder too.

Why should there be charged with charged with child neglect and murder? They have done nothing wrong

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:
Kuominwave wrote:

Anti-vaxxers who refuse to vaccinate their child should be charged with child neglect.

vaxxers will say that the door breaking down is a good thing because their child will build up immunity.

That is not at all what anti-vaxers say, if your not going to listen to both sides, then keep your mouth shut.

The following quotes have been modified for accuracy.
Duhon wrote:
Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:
Anti-vaxxers will say that the door breaking down is a good thing because their child will build up immunity.

Expose your kid to weakened or dead strains of the virus it's supposed to stop? Stop, too dangerous!

Expose your kid to the disease naturally disease I love how that builds up people's immunity!

The Snazzylands wrote:
The Aria wrote:
The agendas of the people in the government aren't

You're right about this. I'm sick of those greedy elites who use their money and influence to push their insidious agenda of keeping their taxpayers brainwashed and under their control.

Thermodolia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
I got news for you then - Millions of Americans aren't vaccinated. Go cry about how me not being vaxxed somehow endangers you, but the fact of the matter is that you cannot force people to receive them especially if they aren't infected with anything.

And we are seeing what’s happening when people get vaccinated. Measles and other shitty things break out like crazy

Icelandic Military Junta wrote:Vaxxers are a threat to society and must be eliminated through logic, science, and outlawed Vaccines.

Icelandic Military Junta wrote:
Dooom35796821595 wrote:
Not nearly as dystopian as the world will be after a global pandemic during the digital age.

Let's see, your choices are: A. Mandatory Vaccines/Arresting Anti-Vaxxers, which is authoritarian and Potentially killing thousands of Children. Or B. Let people make decisions for themselves
Last edited by The Aria on Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Aria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Thu May 16, 2019 9:14 pm

New Udonia wrote:Remember the ebola scare. Don't let the media do the thinking for you.
I'm not going to debate an issue with emotionally charged people.

I only feel it fair to point out this though, it is up to you to come to your own conclusions.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/politics ... index.html
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... and-germs/

A US navy ship is probably the highest rate (~100%) of vaccinations. These guys are subjected to the full cocktail of boosters, etc. How come they are starting to get sick?
This is food for thought, I do not, and will not, debate over whether we should persecute people for refusing a corporate product.

Finally someone with common sense

Tetradimensional Overworld
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 9:20 pm

The Aria wrote:
New Udonia wrote:Remember the ebola scare. Don't let the media do the thinking for you.

I only feel it fair to point out this though, it is up to you to come to your own conclusions.

A US navy ship is probably the highest rate (~100%) of vaccinations. These guys are subjected to the full cocktail of boosters, etc. How come they are starting to get sick?
This is food for thought, I do not, and will not, debate over whether we should persecute people for refusing a corporate product.

"common sense" lol
Stop or I'd do that Croatian crap again.
IC name: Greater Aecinov Republic | Maxovikt Aečinov Valtarzurthr
IF YOU THINK WE'RE FOUR DIMENSIONAL, YOU ARE MISTAKEN. THIS IS JUST AN OLD NAME, A PLACEHOLDER NAME. I WILL /STILLME YA IF YOU MAKE CRAPPY ANSWERS SO DEAL WITH IT VADIM
TETRADIMENSIONAL OVERWORLD isn't my IC name. This nation is pure unadulterated nostalgia, deal with it. Did you know that I wasted 400 million plus seconds of my life and you wasted more? Well, if I could go back to any age, I'd go back to the time when I was 11. Great times indeed. I'm an anti-communist, but I do love me some Soviet music.
Late childhood is the best part of childhood -- change my mind. People below 10 are in blissful ignorance so I'd rather avoid that. Blissful ignorance is not true happiness

The Aria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Thu May 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Andsed wrote:

Ah yes the classic “vaccinated pepole get sick to!!!!” bullshit you anti vaxxers always try to use to hide the blatant fact your position is built on bullshit. Vaccines while very effective do not 100% prevent you from getting sick. That is why herd immunity is so important.

Also this is not some Ebola scare. Anti vaxxers are endangering others and this is pretty obvious to anyone with basic knowledge of vaccines.

I wouldn't call preventing someone from getting sick less then 10% of the time very effective and Herd immunity is a bunch of nonsense.

Why do people think anti-vaxers are endangering others there is no evidence to suggest that. Herd immunity is nonsense
Last edited by The Aria on Sat May 18, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 9:24 pm

The Aria wrote:
Andsed wrote:Ah yes the classic “vaccinated pepole get sick to!!!!” bullshit you anti vaxxers always try to use to hide the blatant fact your position is built on bullshit. Vaccines while very effective do not 100% prevent you from getting sick. That is why herd immunity is so important.

Also this is not some Ebola scare. Anti vaxxers are endangering others and this is pretty obvious to anyone with basic knowledge of vaccines.

I wouldn't call preventing someone from getting sick less then 10% of the time very effective and Herd immunity is a bunch of crap.

Why do people think anti-vaxers are endangering others there is no evidence to suggest that. Herd immunity is bullshit

"No evidence" lol what? I'm surprised that this site still allows anti-vaxxers to spout bs that could be debunked even by a primary school student.
IF YOU THINK WE'RE FOUR DIMENSIONAL, YOU ARE MISTAKEN. THIS IS JUST AN OLD NAME, A PLACEHOLDER NAME. I WILL /STILLME YA IF YOU MAKE CRAPPY ANSWERS SO DEAL WITH IT VADIM
TETRADIMENSIONAL OVERWORLD isn't my IC name. This nation is pure unadulterated nostalgia, deal with it. Did you know that I wasted 400 million plus seconds of my life and you wasted more? Well, if I could go back to any age, I'd go back to the time when I was 11. Great times indeed. I'm an anti-communist, but I do love me some Soviet music.
Late childhood is the best part of childhood -- change my mind. People below 10 are in blissful ignorance so I'd rather avoid that. Blissful ignorance is not true happiness

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Tornado Queendom wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

ikr

The Aria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Tetradimensional Overworld wrote:You know, I'd love it if antivax parents were brought into a Siberian forest and they are forced to fight one another. That could be a source of entertainment.

What kind of nonsense thinking is this? This is wrong on so many levels, you should never force people to fight eachother
Last edited by The Aria on Sat May 18, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 9:28 pm

The Aria wrote:
Tetradimensional Overworld wrote:You know, I'd love it if antivax parents were brought into a Siberian forest and they are forced to fight one another. That could be a source of entertainment.

What kind of fucked up thinking is this? This is wrong on so many levels, you should never force people to fight eachother

The truth is harsh, accept it. You have been disproved by medical science and yet you still spout bs as if you'd die if you didn't do that.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 pm

The Aria wrote:
Andsed wrote:Ah yes the classic “vaccinated pepole get sick to!!!!” bullshit you anti vaxxers always try to use to hide the blatant fact your position is built on bullshit. Vaccines while very effective do not 100% prevent you from getting sick. That is why herd immunity is so important.

I wouldn't call preventing someone from getting sick less then 10% of the time very effective and Herd immunity is a bunch of crap.

Why do people think anti-vaxers are endangering others there is no evidence to suggest that. Herd immunity is bullshit

Herd Immunity-- by the Oxford University Press
Vaccine Herd Effect -- by Kim et al. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases
Critical Immunity Thresholds for Measles Prevention -- World Health Organisation

Herd Immunity is very much scientific fact.

Now, provide scientific journals, written by trained scientists and published by respected bodies, to show otherwise. You saying it, or some anonymous blog, don't count.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

The Aria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 pm

Tornado Queendom wrote:Maybe we shouldn't attack the direct causes, but rather, we should use natural selection. The Anti-Vax crowd will not last a week.

ikr

Yeah lets try that except natural selection will kill off the vaxxers

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 pm

The Aria wrote:
Tetradimensional Overworld wrote:ikr

Yeah lets try that except natural selection will kill off the vaxxers

Have you tried it yet, son? Scumbags on facebook are smarter than medical scientists who got a Ph.D, you skeptical cynical child? The reason that humanity cannot progress is because of idiots like you. Moving on.

The Aria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
The Aria wrote:I wouldn't call preventing someone from getting sick less then 10% of the time very effective and Herd immunity is a bunch of crap.

Herd Immunity-- by the Oxford University Press
Vaccine Herd Effect -- by Kim et al. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases
Critical Immunity Thresholds for Measles Prevention -- World Health Organisation

Now, provide scientific journals, written by trained scientists and published by respected bodies, to show otherwise. You saying it, or some anonymous blog, don't count.

Here i found this from a simple search and it meets your requirements
https://healthimpactnews.com/2013/the-h ... -cattle-2/

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 pm

The Aria wrote:

Did you two even read the articles?

"but indicated that “out of an abundance of caution” personnel have vaccinated all those on board with "measles, mumps and rubella booster vaccinations.”"

The article didn't mention if the sick had their shots.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 pm

The Aria wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:Herd Immunity-- by the Oxford University Press

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That looks like a 6th grade school project which was graded "F"

The Aria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
The Aria wrote:

"but indicated that “out of an abundance of caution” personnel have vaccinated all those on board with "measles, mumps and rubella booster vaccinations.”"

So your saying our own government overlooked it for the pesonnel? Then what is that saying about our government

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu May 16, 2019 9:39 pm

The Aria wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:Herd Immunity-- by the Oxford University Press

:rofl:

You're not serious?

I asked for a medical journal, by credible people, and you gave me healthimpactnews?

Oh, bloody hell!

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/health-impact-news/

It's a known distributor of anti-vaccine pseudoscientific bullshit!

A real journal, please. One written by real doctors, with real scientific editors, and well-regarded in the field. Or a government website. But not that thing, which may as well be a Mummy Blog.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Thu May 16, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

The Aria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Thu May 16, 2019 9:39 pm

The Aria wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If your just going to insult people and not have a real debate then you should leave

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 9:40 pm

The Aria wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

So your saying our own government overlooked it for the pesonnel? Then what is that saying about our government

Ah, the classic "GOVERNMENT BAD" and the "BIG PHARMA BAD" move. Seriously? Did we really evolve big brains? People like you try to disprove evolution by your own brain
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 pm

The Aria wrote:
Tetradimensional Overworld wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If your just going to insult people and not have a real debate then you should leave

Do you think that you actually deserve a real debate? lmfao

The Aria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
The Aria wrote:

:rofl:

You're not serious?

I asked for a medical journal, by credible people, and you gave me healthimpactnews?

Oh, bloody hell!

A real journal, please. One written by real doctors, with real scientific editors, and well-regarded in the field. Or a government website. But not that thing, which may as well be a Mummy Blog.

Thats not even fair, your pretty much saying im only allowed to use vaxer sources of course i wont be able to found anything there. If your not going to be reasonable then get out of this thread
Last edited by The Aria on Thu May 16, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 9:44 pm

The Aria wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote: :rofl:

You're not serious?

Oh, bloody hell!

Thats not even fair, your pretty much saying im only allowed to use vaxer sources of course wont to be able to found anything there. If your not going to be reasonable then get out of this thread

You're so frickin frustrating that I would risk my NS account getting banned to disprove you. Your wit is thinner than the thinnest of carbon nanotube formations.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General