NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Dentali
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15604
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue May 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Kannap wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:
I don't think he has a specific reason. I'd assumed with the first bit that he was sharing dislike with Amaras. Fowler's one of the most liberal Republicans in the Senate and generally has had a habit of making enemies + frustrating some of the Reed agenda, he and Am haven't gotten along. Though they seem to be doing better recently, just had a meeting and Fowler has mellowed some since his start, less rebellious and hasn't messed up relationships as much.


Ah, Ashe would probably have respect for Fowler as a person and fellow Republican even if he is more moderate, but Ashe is more conservative for the most part.

Still toying around with another politician in the back of my head, but I'm going to stick with Ashe for a bit before expanding to two politicians.



fowler is economically a republican and a conservative but very pro lgbtq and is moderately pro choice
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Dentali
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15604
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue May 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Writing up a magazine profile article for fowler, something a bit different in the RP. Im psyched!
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
The Holy Athonite State
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Athonite State » Tue May 14, 2019 7:12 pm

The Holy Athonite State wrote:
(Image)


Character Information Sheet


NS Nation Name: Holy Athonite State
Character Name: Eric Castile
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: January 17, 1966 - 51
Character Height: 6′ 3″
Character Weight: 192 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job:
Military Career:
  • 2nd Lt. in the USMC (1984-1986)
  • Marine Aviator, F/A-18 Pilot (1986-2010)
  • 1st Lt. in the USMC (1986-1988)
  • Cpt. in the USMC (1988-1999)
  • Major in the USMC (1999-2009)
  • Lt. Colonel in the USMC (2009-2012)
  • Commanding Officer of Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron 501 (2010-2012)
Political Career:
  • Veterans' Advocate (2012-2014)
  • Secretary of the New Mexico Department of Veterans' Services (2015-2016)
  • Repersentative from New Mexico's 2nd congressional district (2017-present)
Appearance:

Character State of Origin: Guantanamo Bay Naval Base
Character State of Residence: New Mexico
Character Party Affiliation: Republican
Main Strengths: Bilingual (English and Spanish); long and honorable military career; Purple Heart recipient; conservative Hispanic; effective and charismatic; popular among his constituents; good with social media; nationalist
Main Weaknesses: Sued by two former employees during his time as SNMDVS; audit under Castile's tenure pointed out a number of issues; not really known outside of New Mexico and military/veteran groups; inexperienced; mild PTSD that he has kept under wraps; tendency to make gaffes during debates; was unable to attract large donors to his campaign

Biography: Castile was born on January 17, 1966, at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba to Isaac Castile, a naval officer. For most of his young life, Castile grew up in naval bases located across Latin and South America, such as Brazil and El Salvador, gaining proficiency in Spanish. Castile's father was restationed at Guantanamo Bay when he was 14 and he attended W. T. Sampson High School until 11th grade when his father was honorably discharged and settled the family in New Mexico. Castile completed his last year of high school in New Mexico.

After graduating from high school, Castile decided to attend the University of New Mexico, join the school's Naval ROTC, and follow in his father's footsteps and become a naval officer. Castile graduated from UNM with a BA in Computer Science and instead of being commissioned as an officer in the Navy, he instead decided to become an officer in the Marines. Commissioned as a Second Lt, Castile was sent to Pensacola to become a marine aviator. After graduating from flight school, he was assigned to fly F/A-18 Hornets during the end of the Gulf War. His combat duty began in 1991. Castile was apart of the 42-day bombing campaign. After the Gulf War, Castile continued to fly and was sent to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar for a refresher training course. Castile stayed at MCAS Miramar until 1998 when he was sent to Kosovo to participate in the NATO air campaign. During this time until 1999, Castile was training KLA forces but a few days before the 23rd of March he was sent to Aviano Air Base where he would partake in the 1999 bombing campaign of Yugoslavia. After the war in Kosovo, Castile once again returned home and during this time served as an instructor for Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron 101.

Castile continued to serve as an instructor for MFATS 101 until 2005 when he was sent overseas once again to Iraq. During a mission over Iraq in 2009, Castile's F/A-18 Hornet was shot down and he fractured both arms and a leg. After the injury, he was promoted to the rank of Lt. Colonel and given command of the newly formed, Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron 501. In 2012, he medically retired from the Marine Corps due to the injuries he sustained when he was shot down in Iraq.

After medically retiring from the Marine Corps, Castile joined the Department of New Mexico Veterans of Foreign Wars and started working as an advocate for veterans, gaining accreditation from NOVA. Castile lobbied the New Mexico government for better transparency within the NMDVS and for an investigation into the treatment of veterans. Castile served as Secretary of the New Mexico Department of Veterans’ Services under Governor Alvarez from 2014 until early 2016 when he resigned. During Castile's time as Secretary, he was sued by two former employees, advisers to him, who alleged that Castile wrongfully fired one and threatened and intimidated another for bringing reports of misuse of government property by NMDVS employee, some of who were appointed by Castile to serve with him. Castile was represented by the Attorney General's office and in late 2016, the state announced that it had settled the case for $45,230 with no admission of wrongdoing. Also during his tenure as Secretary, an audit conducted found a number of issues going on within the department. It found that state-owned vehicles were used for matters not relating to the work of the NMDVS, a fiscal year report that was failed to be completed and turned in on time, failure to conduct annual reviews of benefits, and failure to establish a task force to deal with and study mistreatment of veterans in veterans' homes across New Mexico, this, however, was a problem from the previous administration. The auditor department described the findings by as "unusual" in its audits.

Castile set his sights on becoming a representative because he was interested in current events, was ready for a new challenge, and had developed political ambitions during his time as Secretary of NMDVS. In 2016, Castile ran as a Republican and won the highly contested primary election and then went on to win the general election easily in the heavily Republican district.

Castile was sworn in on January 3, 2017, and was assigned to the House Armed Services Committee and the House Veterans' Affairs Committee. Castile serves as Chair of the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces.

Other Info: Catholic; After Castile's injury, he was awarded the Air Medal, Purple Heart, and Navy, and Marine Corps Commendation Medal.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Holy Athonite State

Do Not Remove: 84721

User avatar
Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27825
Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed May 15, 2019 6:24 am

The Holy Athonite State wrote:
The Holy Athonite State wrote:
(Image)


Character Information Sheet


NS Nation Name: Holy Athonite State
Character Name: Eric Castile
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: January 17, 1966 - 51
Character Height: 6′ 3″
Character Weight: 192 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job:
Military Career:
  • 2nd Lt. in the USMC (1984-1986)
  • Marine Aviator, F/A-18 Pilot (1986-2010)
  • 1st Lt. in the USMC (1986-1988)
  • Cpt. in the USMC (1988-1999)
  • Major in the USMC (1999-2009)
  • Lt. Colonel in the USMC (2009-2012)
  • Commanding Officer of Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron 501 (2010-2012)
Political Career:
  • Veterans' Advocate (2012-2014)
  • Secretary of the New Mexico Department of Veterans' Services (2015-2016)
  • Repersentative from New Mexico's 2nd congressional district (2017-present)
Appearance:

Character State of Origin: Guantanamo Bay Naval Base
Character State of Residence: New Mexico
Character Party Affiliation: Republican
Main Strengths: Bilingual (English and Spanish); long and honorable military career; Purple Heart recipient; conservative Hispanic; effective and charismatic; popular among his constituents; good with social media; nationalist
Main Weaknesses: Sued by two former employees during his time as SNMDVS; audit under Castile's tenure pointed out a number of issues; not really known outside of New Mexico and military/veteran groups; inexperienced; mild PTSD that he has kept under wraps; tendency to make gaffes during debates; was unable to attract large donors to his campaign

Biography: Castile was born on January 17, 1966, at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba to Isaac Castile, a naval officer. For most of his young life, Castile grew up in naval bases located across Latin and South America, such as Brazil and El Salvador, gaining proficiency in Spanish. Castile's father was restationed at Guantanamo Bay when he was 14 and he attended W. T. Sampson High School until 11th grade when his father was honorably discharged and settled the family in New Mexico. Castile completed his last year of high school in New Mexico.

After graduating from high school, Castile decided to attend the University of New Mexico, join the school's Naval ROTC, and follow in his father's footsteps and become a naval officer. Castile graduated from UNM with a BA in Computer Science and instead of being commissioned as an officer in the Navy, he instead decided to become an officer in the Marines. Commissioned as a Second Lt, Castile was sent to Pensacola to become a marine aviator. After graduating from flight school, he was assigned to fly F/A-18 Hornets during the end of the Gulf War. His combat duty began in 1991. Castile was apart of the 42-day bombing campaign. After the Gulf War, Castile continued to fly and was sent to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar for a refresher training course. Castile stayed at MCAS Miramar until 1998 when he was sent to Kosovo to participate in the NATO air campaign. During this time until 1999, Castile was training KLA forces but a few days before the 23rd of March he was sent to Aviano Air Base where he would partake in the 1999 bombing campaign of Yugoslavia. After the war in Kosovo, Castile once again returned home and during this time served as an instructor for Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron 101.

Castile continued to serve as an instructor for MFATS 101 until 2005 when he was sent overseas once again to Iraq. During a mission over Iraq in 2009, Castile's F/A-18 Hornet was shot down and he fractured both arms and a leg. After the injury, he was promoted to the rank of Lt. Colonel and given command of the newly formed, Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron 501. In 2012, he medically retired from the Marine Corps due to the injuries he sustained when he was shot down in Iraq.

After medically retiring from the Marine Corps, Castile joined the Department of New Mexico Veterans of Foreign Wars and started working as an advocate for veterans, gaining accreditation from NOVA. Castile lobbied the New Mexico government for better transparency within the NMDVS and for an investigation into the treatment of veterans. Castile served as Secretary of the New Mexico Department of Veterans’ Services under Governor Alvarez from 2014 until early 2016 when he resigned. During Castile's time as Secretary, he was sued by two former employees, advisers to him, who alleged that Castile wrongfully fired one and threatened and intimidated another for bringing reports of misuse of government property by NMDVS employee, some of who were appointed by Castile to serve with him. Castile was represented by the Attorney General's office and in late 2016, the state announced that it had settled the case for $45,230 with no admission of wrongdoing. Also during his tenure as Secretary, an audit conducted found a number of issues going on within the department. It found that state-owned vehicles were used for matters not relating to the work of the NMDVS, a fiscal year report that was failed to be completed and turned in on time, failure to conduct annual reviews of benefits, and failure to establish a task force to deal with and study mistreatment of veterans in veterans' homes across New Mexico, this, however, was a problem from the previous administration. The auditor department described the findings by as "unusual" in its audits.

Castile set his sights on becoming a representative because he was interested in current events, was ready for a new challenge, and had developed political ambitions during his time as Secretary of NMDVS. In 2016, Castile ran as a Republican and won the highly contested primary election and then went on to win the general election easily in the heavily Republican district.

Castile was sworn in on January 3, 2017, and was assigned to the House Armed Services Committee and the House Veterans' Affairs Committee. Castile serves as Chair of the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces.

Other Info: Catholic; After Castile's injury, he was awarded the Air Medal, Purple Heart, and Navy, and Marine Corps Commendation Medal.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Holy Athonite State

Do Not Remove: 84721


ACCEPTED

1338


Welcome!
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

User avatar
Dentali
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15604
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 am

Fun question i had for everyone... how did you name your characters?

Zachary Fowler: Fowler is my mothers family and Zachary is a name of a good friend of mine

Jason Samara: I don't remember where Jason came from but Samara was from googling common Arabic last names kinda echoing Obama

Glen Anderson: Glen is my uncles name, as for Anderson I wanted a classic common American name that hadn't been used in the RP
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27825
Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed May 15, 2019 10:19 am

Dentali wrote:Fun question i had for everyone... how did you name your characters?

Zachary Fowler: Fowler is my mothers family and Zachary is a name of a good friend of mine

Jason Samara: I don't remember where Jason came from but Samara was from googling common Arabic last names kinda echoing Obama

Glen Anderson: Glen is my uncles name, as for Anderson I wanted a classic common American name that hadn't been used in the RP


I don't think I've ever used any friend/family names for a char

Stacey was finding a good period appropriate name that would sow chaotic gender confusion and that worked like a charm. Jared just seemed to fit O'Leary's attitude and O'Leary was to find a name that would make sense to fit a Chicago power family. Some names just sound good but I've forced myself to use a randomizer a few times for some extra realism instead of ending up artificially tailoring a character to a name all the time like the temptation is. Sometimes it works out fine, I don't really have a problem with Norris. Sometimes not so much, I think Demetrius Chandler generally sounds dumb, but thems the breaks
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

User avatar
Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27825
Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed May 15, 2019 10:20 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Dentali wrote:Fun question i had for everyone... how did you name your characters?

Zachary Fowler: Fowler is my mothers family and Zachary is a name of a good friend of mine

Jason Samara: I don't remember where Jason came from but Samara was from googling common Arabic last names kinda echoing Obama

Glen Anderson: Glen is my uncles name, as for Anderson I wanted a classic common American name that hadn't been used in the RP


I don't think I've ever used any friend/family names for a char

Stacey was finding a good period appropriate name that would sow chaotic gender confusion and that worked like a charm. Jared just seemed to fit O'Leary's attitude and O'Leary was to find a name that would make sense to fit a Chicago power family. Some names just sound good but I've forced myself to use a randomizer a few times for some extra realism instead of ending up artificially tailoring a character to a name all the time like the temptation is. Sometimes it works out fine, I don't really have a problem with Norris. Sometimes not so much, I think Demetrius Chandler generally sounds dumb, but thems the breaks


Stevenson came direct from Breck's infamous backstory, so I didn't have any input there
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

User avatar
Granluras
Minister
 
Posts: 2067
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed May 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Dentali wrote:Fun question i had for everyone... how did you name your characters?

Zachary Fowler: Fowler is my mothers family and Zachary is a name of a good friend of mine

Jason Samara: I don't remember where Jason came from but Samara was from googling common Arabic last names kinda echoing Obama

Glen Anderson: Glen is my uncles name, as for Anderson I wanted a classic common American name that hadn't been used in the RP

Both of my characters came from online name generators.
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

None (:

User avatar
Dentali
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15604
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Wed May 15, 2019 1:38 pm

can i get a spellchecker?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55767
Founded: May 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kannap » Wed May 15, 2019 2:06 pm

Dentali wrote:can i get a spellchecker?


If you still need one, I'm game.
22 years old, gay male, Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55767
Founded: May 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kannap » Wed May 15, 2019 2:06 pm

Bouncing around ideas for a second character but not sure.
22 years old, gay male, Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7

User avatar
Granluras
Minister
 
Posts: 2067
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed May 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Kannap wrote:Bouncing around ideas for a second character but not sure.

you need counsel?
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

None (:

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55767
Founded: May 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kannap » Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Granluras wrote:
Kannap wrote:Bouncing around ideas for a second character but not sure.

you need counsel?


I mean, I intended on getting counsel after posting an app - if I do - but I really want to have a Democrat character. Working as vaguely as possible so far. Thinking Democrat and thinking Representative - since I've already got a Republican Senator.

Haven't thought much beyond that. Don't know which state and vaguely toying with the idea of him being LGBT.
22 years old, gay male, Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7

User avatar
Granluras
Minister
 
Posts: 2067
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Kannap wrote:
Granluras wrote:you need counsel?


I mean, I intended on getting counsel after posting an app - if I do - but I really want to have a Democrat character. Working as vaguely as possible so far. Thinking Democrat and thinking Representative - since I've already got a Republican Senator.

Haven't thought much beyond that. Don't know which state and vaguely toying with the idea of him being LGBT.

Well if you wan't that I'd suggest somewhere from California or the Hudson Valley.
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

None (:

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55767
Founded: May 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kannap » Wed May 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Granluras wrote:
Kannap wrote:
I mean, I intended on getting counsel after posting an app - if I do - but I really want to have a Democrat character. Working as vaguely as possible so far. Thinking Democrat and thinking Representative - since I've already got a Republican Senator.

Haven't thought much beyond that. Don't know which state and vaguely toying with the idea of him being LGBT.

Well if you wan't that I'd suggest somewhere from California or the Hudson Valley.


I was thinking New England states, just hadn't settled on a particular one.
22 years old, gay male, Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7

User avatar
Granluras
Minister
 
Posts: 2067
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed May 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Kannap wrote:
Granluras wrote:Well if you wan't that I'd suggest somewhere from California or the Hudson Valley.


I was thinking New England states, just hadn't settled on a particular one.

York or Massy orjerseyifuwannabecloser;) ..... maybe Maine
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

None (:

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55767
Founded: May 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kannap » Wed May 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Granluras wrote:
Kannap wrote:
I was thinking New England states, just hadn't settled on a particular one.

York or Massy orjerseyifuwannabecloser;) ..... maybe Maine


Leaning York or Maine; Massachusetts as a close third, Jersey as a distant fourth.
22 years old, gay male, Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7

User avatar
Granluras
Minister
 
Posts: 2067
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed May 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Kannap wrote:
Granluras wrote:York or Massy orjerseyifuwannabecloser;) ..... maybe Maine


Leaning York or Maine; Massachusetts as a close third, Jersey as a distant fourth.

Don't blame ya
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

None (:

User avatar
Steppe Khanate
Envoy
 
Posts: 206
Founded: Apr 16, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Steppe Khanate » Wed May 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Interested, one question, how would a powerful businessperson running for office work? What I had in mind was someone really rich and was the prime donor of his party in his state, in exchange for many questionable things of course :p
The Steppe Khanate| Степпе Кhанате | תטעפּפּע כּהאַנאַטע
WE ARE NOT AN ISLAMIC NATION, IN OUR TIMELINE, THE TURKS NEVER CAME
Not Mongol, but a mix of all Steppe cultures
This is my 3rd nation, I used to be Jupcount a year ago, but it ceased to exist due to inactivity
I KNOW HOW TO PLAY NS AND RP, I’M NOT NEW TO THIS
Steppe News Network|Dushenger loses T. Council Seat to Uralistan newcomer Feshnork Errgosh|Khan Appoints new Attorney General, Dr. Shgon Khemesh|Khan signs royal decree to reduce heavy taxes in the Ulanbaatar City District

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55767
Founded: May 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kannap » Wed May 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Steppe Khanate wrote:Interested, one question, how would a powerful businessperson running for office work? What I had in mind was someone really rich and was the prime donor of his party in his state, in exchange for many questionable things of course :p


Sounds very Donald Trump or Howard Schultz, which is immediately off-putting.
22 years old, gay male, Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7

User avatar
Granluras
Minister
 
Posts: 2067
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed May 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Steppe Khanate wrote:Interested, one question, how would a powerful businessperson running for office work? What I had in mind was someone really rich and was the prime donor of his party in his state, in exchange for many questionable things of course :p

Congress is like 60% rich hypocrites so I'd say if you run in a corporate/high-income district you'd be fine.
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

None (:

User avatar
Dentali
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15604
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Granluras wrote:
Kannap wrote:
I mean, I intended on getting counsel after posting an app - if I do - but I really want to have a Democrat character. Working as vaguely as possible so far. Thinking Democrat and thinking Representative - since I've already got a Republican Senator.

Haven't thought much beyond that. Don't know which state and vaguely toying with the idea of him being LGBT.

Well if you wan't that I'd suggest somewhere from California or the Hudson Valley.



we need more reps so go for it, we are already over represented with LGBTQ community so i wouldn't recommend that

as for location we could use democratic reps from Colorado, florida, georgia, kentucky, louisiana, Missouri, New Hampshire (i recommend this), Nevada, Ohio, and Texas
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Steppe Khanate
Envoy
 
Posts: 206
Founded: Apr 16, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Steppe Khanate » Wed May 15, 2019 2:48 pm

Kannap wrote:
Steppe Khanate wrote:Interested, one question, how would a powerful businessperson running for office work? What I had in mind was someone really rich and was the prime donor of his party in his state, in exchange for many questionable things of course :p


Sounds very Donald Trump or Howard Schultz, which is immediately off-putting.

I was going for someone even richer, like if Bezos ran

In fact, is the “Richest person in America” spot filled already?
The Steppe Khanate| Степпе Кhанате | תטעפּפּע כּהאַנאַטע
WE ARE NOT AN ISLAMIC NATION, IN OUR TIMELINE, THE TURKS NEVER CAME
Not Mongol, but a mix of all Steppe cultures
This is my 3rd nation, I used to be Jupcount a year ago, but it ceased to exist due to inactivity
I KNOW HOW TO PLAY NS AND RP, I’M NOT NEW TO THIS
Steppe News Network|Dushenger loses T. Council Seat to Uralistan newcomer Feshnork Errgosh|Khan Appoints new Attorney General, Dr. Shgon Khemesh|Khan signs royal decree to reduce heavy taxes in the Ulanbaatar City District

User avatar
Dentali
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15604
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Wed May 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Kannap wrote:
Granluras wrote:York or Massy orjerseyifuwannabecloser;) ..... maybe Maine


Leaning York or Maine; Massachusetts as a close third, Jersey as a distant fourth.



Mass and jersey already have too many people, maine is a bit crowded but a lot of them are inactive. From this list New York would be best, the senate race there is nuts so maybe run for governor?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Dentali
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15604
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Wed May 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Steppe Khanate wrote:Interested, one question, how would a powerful businessperson running for office work? What I had in mind was someone really rich and was the prime donor of his party in his state, in exchange for many questionable things of course :p



We do have a cap on net worth in the rp
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Forest State, G-Tech Corporation, Holy Tedalonia, Novas Arcanum, Plzen, Ralnis, Sanabel, The Burke Islands

Advertisement

Remove ads