NATION

PASSWORD

[Attn: Admin] Disappearing telegrams?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Knights of the Iron Solari
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

[Attn: Admin] Disappearing telegrams?

Postby Knights of the Iron Solari » Wed May 15, 2019 10:39 am

Upon my last 2 logins, I did what I always do when logging on, and I checked my notifications. I had a notification both times about telegrams sent to me recently from high influence nations.
However, these telegrams did not appear in my inbox, and when I click the notification, the telegram can not be found.
Is this just a bug? Or should I be worried someone else has gained access to my nation/inbox?

Thanks in advance,
-Dreory Solus
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Wed May 15, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kato Van
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kato Van » Wed May 15, 2019 10:41 am

this has happened to me too, what gives?
A unitary self-proclaimed people's republic in the eastern Katic region. Rising after overthrowing a fascist government and constantly dealing with communist insurgency.

Long live the United Republican Army!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 am

Without knowing more details, I have to guess. It's possible that you were sent an incorrectly-marked mass telegram that the mods deleted. That would remove the telegram from your inbox, but would not erase the notification.

Knights of the Iron Solari wrote:telegrams sent to me recently from high influence nations.

If you want to track this further, file a Getting Help Request. Include the details from the notification. I believe that if you right-click the link in the notification you can copy that too. That would be the quickest way to track it.

Knights of the Iron Solari
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Knights of the Iron Solari » Wed May 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Thanks, I'll go ahead and file a request since I'm pretty curious.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed May 15, 2019 3:07 pm

Just to verify, I did examine the specifics based on Getting Help request #257413. There are two possible outcomes that I can see:
  1. You deleted the telegrams and emptied your Deleted Items without remembering you did so
  2. Some kind of genuine bug
I've changed the title of the thread to see if admins can examine it in greater detail.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed May 15, 2019 4:20 pm

Telegrams can be pushed out of overfull inboxes before you see them, if you receive enough new ones. In that case, you're left with the notification but not the telegram.

Return to Technical