NATION

PASSWORD

Hundreds quarantined for measles in 2 CA universities.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 pm

Kowani wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
That would be a valid argument if the person in question is infected with measles and is spreading it around.
No, actually. The prevention is better than the cure-especially when we know what will happen if there is no prevention.
Chernoslavia wrote:Wrong again.

So, do you plan on explaining how, or…?

Yet you can still be rid of measles if you seek treatment. You don't have the right to go out in public and infect others with measles, but that doesn't mean you can make people get vaccinated.

later.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 pm

Duhon wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Nice strawman. Why are you pro-authority?

Because in this case the medical authorities have it right. Capisce?

Nope. You have no business to other people's bodies, you can restrict them from government services, you can try to stop them if they are infected AND go around spreading their disease in public, but you cannot and will not force people who are independent adults to get vaxxed. That's a bad idea.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Tue May 14, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Kowani wrote: No, actually. The prevention is better than the cure-especially when we know what will happen if there is no prevention.

So, do you plan on explaining how, or…?

Yet you can still be rid of measles if you seek treatment. You don't have the right to go out in public and infect others with measles, but that doesn't mean you can make people get vaccinated.

later.

Hmmmm? A highly contagious disease which can kill people? Yeaaa enforced vaccination is a good thing.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue May 14, 2019 8:22 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

later.

Hmmmm? A highly contagious disease which can kill people? Yeaaa enforced vaccination is a good thing.

Yet not a lot of people die from them, despite millions of people not getting vaccinated.

Please note that I'm not anti vaccination, I do not believe it causes autism, but I do not support government forcing it on people.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Tue May 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Oh, terrific.

I certainly hope that it ends quickly and does not come northwards to the Bay Area.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Duhon wrote:

Nope. You have no business to other people's bodies, you can restrict them from government services, you can try to stop them if they are infected AND go around spreading their disease in public, but you cannot and will not force people who are independent adults to get vaxxed. That's a bad idea.

Except restricting them from government services inadvertently leaves them free to infect others, and leaving adults be while they are sick with easily preventable diseases leaves them free to spread their shit around. So long as they are ambulatory they will demand freedom of movement, and with their freedom of movement comes risks that I for one will not countenance.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Yet not a lot of people die from them, despite millions of people not getting vaccinated.

Irrelevant and misleading. The disease is spreading. This disease was declared extinct in the US in 2000. These dumb fuck anti-vaxers brought it back in force.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Duhon wrote:

Nope. You have no business to other people's bodies, you can restrict them from government services, you can try to stop them if they are infected AND go around spreading their disease in public, but you cannot and will not force people who are indemendent adults to get vaxxed. That's a bad idea.

The problem is people not getting their kids vaccinated.

And does the government have the right to quarantine unvaccinated individuals to a small island in the Pacific?

And did you see my post about the potential casualties of another global pandemic? 70 million plus. But so long as you have your imaginary liberty, all good right?
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Stop lying to defend anti vaxxers please. It is getting old fast.

https://www.mphonline.org/truth-about-measles-vaccines/

measles killed many before vaccines were introduced. The only reason why people are not suffering on mass like they used to do is because many of us used are brains and got vaccinated.
Last edited by Andsed on Tue May 14, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue May 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Nope. You have no business to other people's bodies, you can restrict them from government services, you can try to stop them if they are infected AND go around spreading their disease in public, but you cannot and will not force people who are indemendent adults to get vaxxed. That's a bad idea.

And does the government have the right to quarantine unvaccinated individuals to a small island in the Pacific?

And did you see my post about the potential casualties of another global pandemic? 70 million plus. But so long as you have your imaginary liberty, all good right?

Not talking about kids, I'm talking about you guys thinking you have control over other people's bodies, people who are able to make their own decisions.

Never said they do, that's exactly what I'm against.

And I bet it's just as bullshit as AOC's endoftheworld fear mongering.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Tue May 14, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 14, 2019 8:30 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Dooom35796821595 wrote:

Not talking about kids, I'm talking about you guys thinking you have control over other people's bodies, people who are able to make their own decisions.

A highly contagious disease which can kill people (not mentioning all the other things it does) over rules you silly FREEDUM!!!!! arguments.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue May 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Andsed wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Stop lying to defend anti vaxxers please. It is getting old fast.

measles killed many before vaccines were introduced. The only reason why people are not suffering on mass like they used to do is because many of us used are brains and got vaccinated.

How am I lying? How many people actually die from measles in the US? Answer the question.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Dooom35796821595 wrote:

Well, since most are vaccinated in childhood, it is mainly I’ll informed parents refusing to vaccinate their children causing the problem.

AOC? Would it kill people to type the words.
And it’s not fear mongering, it’s history and biology. Fact in other words. Vaccination should be mandatory, as well as an outreach and education program to inform people how important they are. Vaccines are regrettably a victim of their own success in preventing the spread of disease in that people have no living memory of how terrible life was before them.
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

A highly contagious disease which can kill people (not mentioning all the other things it does) over rules you silly FREEDUM!!!!! arguments.

No it doesn't, and you can go elsewhere with that authoritarian bullshit. Especially considering that millions of people don't get vaccinated yet most of them don't get infected still, it is a higher possibility for someone to get it if they aren't vaxxed, but it's more about exposure.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 14, 2019 8:37 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
I got news for you then - Millions of Americans aren't vaccinated. Go cry about how me not being vaxxed somehow endangers you, but the fact of the matter is that you cannot force people to receive them especially if they aren't infected with anything.

Psssst. You know infants can't get vaccinated right?

What's your solution? They have to stay home so you can have your FREEDUM!!!!!

I mean, it does beg the question if your bodily autonomy can be violated by order of the state in order to save the life of another human being.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Andsed wrote:Stop lying to defend anti vaxxers please. It is getting old fast.

How am I lying? How many people actually die from measles in the US? Answer the question.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _inset.png

Oh look, a graph.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue May 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Inkopolitia wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I want to point out that while the sources don't exactly pin the anti-vaxxers as the cause or the blame of this outbreak... I like to speculate that it might be them. I mean, measles is more or less under control in other countries, but it just so happens that California is having an outbreak possibly due to people not vaccinating even if they can.

I'm speculating a lot here.

It's practically the only reason I can think of. This wouldn't have happened if the individuals were vaccinated.

It could have been carried in by foreigners.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 14, 2019 8:38 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Andsed wrote:Stop lying to defend anti vaxxers please. It is getting old fast.

Again misleading. The low death rate is the result of MMR.

Your FREEDUM!!!! does not overrule this.

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue May 14, 2019 8:39 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Psssst. You know infants can't get vaccinated right?

What's your solution? They have to stay home so you can have your FREEDUM!!!!!

I mean, it does beg the question if your bodily autonomy can be violated by order of the state in order to save the life of another human being.

The State can violate one’s bodily autonomy so as to prevent the bodily autonomy of others from being negatively violated.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue May 14, 2019 8:40 pm

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Well, since most are vaccinated in childhood, it is mainly I’ll informed parents refusing to vaccinate their children causing the problem.

AOC? Would it kill people to type the words.
And it’s not fear mongering, it’s history and biology. Fact in other words. Vaccination should be mandatory, as well as an outreach and education program to inform people how important they are. Vaccines are regrettably a victim of their own success in preventing the spread of disease in that people have no living memory of how terrible life was before them.

Sadly yes, deny them public schooling and deny the parents services and you'll see how fast they'll change their minds.

Yeah but I don't give much of a shit to say her ridiculously long full name.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 14, 2019 8:40 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

No it doesn't, and you can go elsewhere with that authoritarian bullshit. Especially considering that millions of people don't get vaccinated yet most of them don't get infected still, it is a higher possibility for someone to get it if they aren't vaxxed, but it's more about exposure.

*sighs* exposure rates increase due to the infection levels increasing. This is not that hard.

Your FREEDUM!!!! is irrelevant in this matter.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 14, 2019 8:40 pm

Kowani wrote:
Galloism wrote:I mean, it does beg the question if your bodily autonomy can be violated by order of the state in order to save the life of another human being.

The State can violate one’s bodily autonomy so as to prevent the bodily autonomy of others from being negatively violated.

Are you sure?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm

Galloism wrote:
Kowani wrote:The State can violate one’s bodily autonomy so as to prevent the bodily autonomy of others from being negatively violated.

Are you sure?

Hmmm. You can have exceptions for things like autoimmune issues.

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue May 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Galloism wrote:
Kowani wrote:The State can violate one’s bodily autonomy so as to prevent the bodily autonomy of others from being negatively violated.

Are you sure?

Depends. Are we talking legality or practicality?
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 14, 2019 8:42 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:Are you sure?

Hmmm. You can have exceptions for things like autoimmune issues.

But otherwise, it’s ok to violate the bodily autonomy of Person A to protect Person B?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General