NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed May 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Rolls 8 Pounder up to YOUR house. Bruce Arians, the improved coaching staff, improving defense, HOF WR, and Big Nasty would like a word with you.

Bucs still have Famous Jameis...

Rolls 8 Pounder up to your house too. We've been successful with garbage QB play before.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed May 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:you're in the NFC version of the group of death with a QB who is in the bottom quarter of the league... yes we're sure.

Rolls 8 Pounder up to YOUR house. Bruce Arians, the improved coaching staff, improving defense, HOF WR, and Big Nasty would like a word with you.

Your quarterback has had more interceptions than games played in (not started, played in) in two of his four professional seasons, this despite a total lack of any injuries thus far. All this while throwing to a consistently quality, if not stacked, receiving core with Mike Evans and Cameron Brate being constantly productive, and recent additions such as Godwin, OJ Howard, D-Jax, who has now moved on. No matter who lines up to catch passes for him, he cannot take advantage of their athleticism or overall skill set. Winston is too much of a turnover machine to be a starting caliber NFL quarterback, and has too much ego, and gets into too much trouble, for a backup job.

Meanwhile, on defense we have indisputable bust Vernon Hargreaves III (allowed most passing yards in the league as a rookie and has failed to improve much since) leading the secondary along with a...what, 37 year old Brent Grimes? Jason Pierre Paul is gone, but they still have a strong front 7 with Gerald McCoy leading the charge and Devin White and Lavonte David begins him. Regardless, the rest of the defensive line is basically worthless, with Shaq Barrett, a perennial disappointment, showing the most promise, and they won’t be able to take advantage of that with a porous secondary.

So...an offense with no remarkable players in the backfield and a quarterback who isn’t good enough to take advantage of Arians or a lethal WR/TE group, and a defense that has two top end players with another pro bowl caliber guy. And that’s it. The defensive unit has potential to be a top 25-20 unit in terms of performance, but the turnovers and lack of production from the offense are going to leave this team in virtually the same spot as the last few years. That, and there’s a super-bowl ready NO to tangle with, plus a pair of playoff caliber teams in the Panthers and Falcons. If they go 1-5 in the division, I’d be impressed. They’ll lose to TN if Mariota and Winston are both starting, because the former goes off every time he sees Winston and the latter melts down every time. There’s 1-6. Add the Rams, ‘Hawks, Cardinals, and 49ers, and we’re at 3-8, I’m feeling generous. Houston, Jacksonville, and Indy is 1-2 on a good day, so 4-10. Then the Lions and Giants. We’ll say they split. 5-11 is the absolute best I can see this team doing unless Winston turns into Pat Mahomes. He has the arm strength for it. Just literally nothing else.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu May 09, 2019 6:30 pm

NFC West should be fun this year.

DK Metcalf is my favorite for offensive rookie of the year, and I don’t think Seattle will have trouble replacing Balwin’s production with him. Tyler Lockett is another solid and explosive receiver, and they’ve got Russell Wilson throwing the passes with a nasty run game. The defense might take a step back this year, but they’ll win at least 9 games.

San Francisco, meanwhile, has a TE who just broke the TE receiving yards record, a heck of a QB coming back from injury, plus a combination of Nick Bosa and Deforest Buckner on the defensive line. Plus Solomon Thomas, who’s been a huge bust so far, I expect to have a comeback season. With a high-end guy in Richard Sherman on the back end, plus Kwon Alexander in the middle, I think this team could really be a force.

Then of course Arizona’s going to suck, but the Rams are still one of the leaveu’s best teams, and they very well may have upgraded at NT after Suh’s departure. I’m no fan of Jared Goff, but the kid can play, and they’ve got the supporting cast around him to win the division, even if Gurley doesn’t return.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Thu May 09, 2019 11:27 pm

I hope Nick Bosa gets released in a year.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu May 09, 2019 11:31 pm

Mystic Warriors wrote:I hope Nick Bosa gets released in a year.

What's this? Someone else who hates the Bosas? Nice.

Oh shit he trashed Black Panther. This dude is scum to me.
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Thu May 09, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Thu May 09, 2019 11:46 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Mystic Warriors wrote:I hope Nick Bosa gets released in a year.

What's this? Someone else who hates the Bosas? Nice.

He is a racist petaQ. I hate him and want him deported to Antarctica.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri May 10, 2019 12:00 am

Oh good. Politics are invading our sports thread again. Is it too early in the conversation to bring up Colin Kaepernick and anthem kneeling? Or can we skip straight to the part where everyone's mad and hates each other?

Or... And hear me out here, we could just skip back to the part where we talk about football and let the political grandstanding remain in the political threads where it belongs.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Fri May 10, 2019 12:03 am

Idzequitch wrote:Oh good. Politics are invading our sports thread again. Is it too early in the conversation to bring up Colin Kaepernick and anthem kneeling? Or can we skip straight to the part where everyone's mad and hates each other?

Or... And hear me out here, we could just skip back to the part where we talk about football and let the political grandstanding remain in the political threads where it belongs.

Dont you ever bring up Colin again, his name is pejorative.

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 am

Idzequitch wrote:Oh good. Politics are invading our sports thread again. Is it too early in the conversation to bring up Colin Kaepernick and anthem kneeling? Or can we skip straight to the part where everyone's mad and hates each other?

I agree with this, so umm.... how 'bout them Giants? :unsure:
Last edited by Dresderstan on Fri May 10, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Fri May 10, 2019 12:05 am

Dresderstan wrote:

I agree with this, so umm.... how 'bout them Giant? :meh:

They suck.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri May 10, 2019 12:08 am

Dresderstan wrote:

I agree with this, so umm.... how 'bout them Giants? :unsure:

They appear to be primed to be a giant flop this season.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Fri May 10, 2019 12:10 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:I agree with this, so umm.... how 'bout them Giants? :unsure:

They appear to be primed to be a giant flop this season.

You are too nice.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri May 10, 2019 12:58 am

But this is the offseason! Every single team makes roster moves and we're all winning the Super Bowl.

2019 NFC Power Rankings
1. It's
2. Too
3. Early
4. To
5. Predict
6. Anything
7. Right
8. Now
9. So
10. Don't
11. Even
12. Try
13. Just
14. Yet
15. Cardinals
16. Giants

/s
Last edited by Ko-oren on Fri May 10, 2019 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri May 10, 2019 5:19 am

Thanks Idz.
Ko-oren wrote:But this is the offseason! Every single team makes roster moves and we're all winning the Super Bowl.

2019 NFC Power Rankings
1. It's
2. Too
3. Early
4. To
5. Predict
6. Anything
7. Right
8. Now
9. So
10. Don't
11. Even
12. Try
13. Just
14. Yet
15. Cardinals
16. Giants

/s

I’m putting the Cardinals below the Giants personally but this was funny.
Lumi is my NS mom

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri May 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Maybe Super Bowl champs should stop getting an invite to the WH too. I mean only bc of this thread. :shock:

And what does Antarctica have to do with the NFL? That's Hockey! :rofl:

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:What's this? Someone else who hates the Bosas? Nice.

That place might be white enough for him.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Fri May 10, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Fri May 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:

Maybe Super Bowl champs should stop getting an invite to the WH too. I mean only bc of this thread. :shock:

And what does Antarctica have to do with the NFL? That's Hockey! :rofl:

Mystic Warriors wrote:

That place might be white enough for him.

The brown bears may make him nervous.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 13, 2019 3:02 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Mon May 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Honestly, the method that was used to catch him sounds pretty sketchy. I don't have any idea if it was legal or not. And as much as I think this event confirms Kraft as a scumbag, we do need to make sure that law enforcement is only obtaining evidence in a legal manner. But again, as I said, I have no idea if their methods are considered kosher or not.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Mon May 13, 2019 3:46 pm

It's football, we're always mad and hate each other.

Anyway, Aaron Rodgers made a cameo in last night's Game of Thrones. After all, he is the King in the NFC North...
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon May 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Rich man get away with bad thing no news tonight
Anarchist

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue May 14, 2019 2:25 am

The Two Jerseys wrote:

It's football, we're always mad and hate each other.

Anyway, Aaron Rodgers made a cameo in last night's Game of Thrones. After all, he is the King in the NFC North...

Looked like he got exploded pretty good.

Somebody ought to tell DeShone Kizer to get ready to take over the starting job.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 14, 2019 6:19 am

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Tue May 14, 2019 5:44 pm

Well, in general, it isn't. However since he just went to a new team and what...34? I would have assumed that the Broncos would have been like bro, the job is yours for a year or two, or more if you kick ass, but give the young buck tips. Something like that.

KC lucked out Alex Smith. He is a total class act.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue May 14, 2019 6:07 pm

I mean, he isn’t wrong. That said, I’d give the guy pointers at any opportunity. A lot of veterans try to do that for the younger ones. Not just at QB either. Justin Tuck and Khalil Mack, AB and Juju to some extent before that went south.
Lumi is my NS mom

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Wed May 15, 2019 1:51 am

Ranoria wrote:

I mean, he isn’t wrong. That said, I’d give the guy pointers at any opportunity. A lot of veterans try to do that for the younger ones. Not just at QB either. Justin Tuck and Khalil Mack, AB and Juju to some extent before that went south.

Back in the day when we could still almost pretend that AB was a decent human being.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General