NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|OOC, Signup, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Tue May 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Sorry for no post today. My computer's been acting... bizarre, to put it lightly.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue May 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Foxfound wrote:Sorry for no post today. My computer's been acting... bizarre, to put it lightly.

Mine's in need of a good dusting. I've got it open- but I need an air can. Last time I dusted a home computer with a duster I damaged something so I only use air in a can now. (yes calling it 'air in a can' has gotten me some odd looks from people at staples but I honestly can not remember what it's actually called.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Tue May 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Foxfound wrote:Sorry for no post today. My computer's been acting... bizarre, to put it lightly.

Mine's in need of a good dusting. I've got it open- but I need an air can. Last time I dusted a home computer with a duster I damaged something so I only use air in a can now. (yes calling it 'air in a can' has gotten me some odd looks from people at staples but I honestly can not remember what it's actually called.

I don't know what it's called either, so you're good.

My computer's been acting possessed today. Earlier the desktop and taskbar just disappeared because I tried to fullscreen a video in the Steam store.

I think everything's fixed now, but I really don't have any idea.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue May 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Mine's in need of a good dusting. I've got it open- but I need an air can. Last time I dusted a home computer with a duster I damaged something so I only use air in a can now. (yes calling it 'air in a can' has gotten me some odd looks from people at staples but I honestly can not remember what it's actually called.

My computer's been acting possessed today. Earlier the desktop and taskbar just disappeared because I tried to fullscreen a video in the Steam store.

Mine's been doing that, I assume it's the mouse accidentally double clicking or unclicking something.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue May 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Mine's in need of a good dusting. I've got it open- but I need an air can. Last time I dusted a home computer with a duster I damaged something so I only use air in a can now. (yes calling it 'air in a can' has gotten me some odd looks from people at staples but I honestly can not remember what it's actually called.

Mine's been doing that, I assume it's the mouse accidentally double clicking or unclicking something.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 08, 2019 3:18 am

Character Description
    Name: Xemtus
    Species: Kalisi
    Appearance: 6'4. White scales. Missing left eye. Remaining one is brown. Has a long scar running down right cheek.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Fighting. Has a knack for explosives. Experience as a bodyguard and legbreaker.
    Weaknesses: Dumb...like, big time dumb. Easily manipulated by more devious kinds.

Background:
    Role on Ship: Prisoner
    Crimes Committed: Assault, possession of illegal explosive devices, mass murder by way of destroying a civilian transport vessel, illegal sale of narcotic substances, cannibalism (Last one never proven)
    Personality: Violent and quiet. Rarely speaks 5 words per sentence. Will continue to speak little when he assaults anyone who annoys him.
    Backstory: Your typical Kalisi mercenary, Xemtus is a bloodthirsty bastard even by hired gun standards. Best displayed in the event that landed him on the Defiance. Ordered to track down and kill a man who crossed whatever lowlife he was working for at the time, Xemtus tracked him to the civilian transport ship Orion Blaze. Rather than board the ship and track him down, Xemtus simply obliterated the vessel. Killing his target and 93 other passengers. Even his own mercenary band were disgusted, and personally captured and turned Xemtus in to the authorities. Now stuck on the Defiance, he's doing what he does best. Beating people on the orders of other people.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed May 08, 2019 8:57 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Character Description
    Appearance: 6'4. White scales. Missing left eye. Remaining one is brown. Has a long scar running down right cheek.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Fighting. Has a knack for explosives. Experience as a bodyguard and legbreaker.
    Weaknesses: Dumb...like, big time dumb. Easily manipulated by more devious kinds.

Background:
    Crimes Committed: Assault, possession of illegal explosive devices, mass murder by way of destroying a civilian transport vessel, illegal sale of narcotic substances, cannibalism (Last one never proven)
    Personality: Violent and quiet. Rarely speaks 5 words per sentence. Will continue to speak little when he assaults anyone who annoys him.
    Backstory: Your typical Kalisi mercenary, Xemtus is a bloodthirsty bastard even by hired gun standards. Best displayed in the event that landed him on the Defiance. Ordered to track down and kill a man who crossed whatever lowlife he was working for at the time, Xemtus tracked him to the civilian transport ship Orion Blaze. Rather than board the ship and track him down, Xemtus simply obliterated the vessel. Killing his target and 93 other passengers. Even his own mercenary band were disgusted, and personally captured and turned Xemtus in to the authorities. Now stuck on the Defiance, he's doing what he does best. Beating people on the orders of other people.

Looks good to me!

Want to have a chat about bringing him into the thread? We can do it on the OOC or on the Discord. Whichever you prefer.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Wed May 08, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Some more species for Andromeda

Postby Arengin Union » Wed May 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Species Description
    Name: Qaz'in
    Singular: Qaz'i
    Plural: Qaz'ins
    Adjective:Qaz'inian
    Appearance:

Biology: Qaz'inians vary in regards of skin coloring and antenna lengths, they reproduce much like humans though they form deep bonds with their mates that extend to an almost telepathic connection. Though they are not able to read other people's minds unlike a H'rë'sho'eñ, their antennas have provided them with an innate skill with technology and have adapted matter manipulation, though on its infancy.

Background:
    Homeworld: Q'zian Prime
    History:
    Through hundreds of thousands of years, the Qaz'in people evolved and adapted in their home planet of Qaz'ian prime, through conflict with themselves, resolution, peace, and prosperity all the way until achieving space travel some centuries ago. The Qaz'inian society is based upon striding to become the best one can be and forming a Soul Bond which is the highest level of individual clarity, this aspect of Qaz'inian culture has remained despite the death of many other cultures, beliefs, and civilizations within the species. Once the species had united under one singular banner they set to explore the unknown, slowly by surely they did so until coming across the first sentient beings which proved they were not alone in the Universe.

Tragically however the Qaz'in people found themselves in the midst of the long and bloody conflict between the Kiellar and the Ragon, and despite the Qaz'in's calls for peace and understanding they went largely ignored. Their planet eventually fell under Kiellar dominance and with the Command's rise the species became one of the many second class people of the Command. Though the Qaz'in have evolved to a largely peaceful people the constant abuse and draining of their planets resources drew an extremist faction of Qaz'in known as the Mol'ack Yutt (The People's Fist) to begin sporadic attacks on the Kiellar. This eventually culminated in the battle of Q'zian Prime which saw the Mol'ack Yutt's smaller ill equipped forces to be defeated and falling back in defeat while the Command reverted the Qaz'in into a slave population. For several decades most Qaz'in have remained slaves under the Kiellar Command's fist, while a few million have been able to live in free communities scattered through the Neutral Zone as well as work as engineers, mercenaries, bounty hunters, workers, or "comfort companions." The Mol'ack Yutt is also scattered and has tried to recuperate from its devastating defeat, some wish to join forces with the Dhasath Restoration Movement, others with the Federalists, while many are still too closed in and want the Qaz'in to rise up on their own, no one knows what could happen.

Species Description
    Name:Khuutain
    Singular: Khuutai
    Plural: Khuutains
    Adjective: Khuutainians
    Appearance:

Biology:What the Khuutain lack in strength or endurance they make up with intellectual prowess, they are very capable at fields of medicine, mathematics, engineering, and almost anything that requires more brain than brawn, though medicine is in part what they are most renown for. Their four arms are also seen as a bonus in regards to all those fields as well as climbing and fighting if need be, though they have never been very capable at it and depend mostly on technology for protection, there are those that do demonstrate ability with fighting. They are what one would say is a female only species though they have no concept of gender.

Background:
    Homeworld: Koturn Zitra
    History: The Khuutain have always been a very proud people, evolving thousands of years until achieving space travel capabilities which they did so much quicker than other species with longer evolution time. Though they refrained from exploring beyond their solar system it was the Galaxy itself which eventually found them through explorers from other species, some friendly others hostile. The Khuutain do not endorse violence and are a species one would assume that is pacifist, though you'd be mistaken since they have very advance planetary defense systems and a fleet that though small in comparison to other species in the Neutral Zone is very capable of repelling most attacks.

The Khuutain eventually began to venture outside of their system, though their largely isolationism has remained over the centuries up until recent decades where there has been debates ranging from expansion, trade, or just focusing on defense for what they know is an inevitable war between the Kiellar and the Ragon. Khuutains are rare in the galaxy beyond their own system though if you do find them they mostly work as doctors, engineers, architects, scientists, or any other work ranging from the topic of the sciences, although one could find a Khuutain mercenary once in a blue moon.

Species Description
    Name: Thrivvuix
    Singular: Thrivvui
    Plural: Thrivvuixs
    Adjective: Thrivvuixians
    Appearance:

Biology: The Thrivvuix people have evolved to become a mostly aquatic people, relying on their skills in the water to survive as a species. They reproduce through oviparity but do not develop family unions, instead forming collectives where the young grow, supervised and nurtured by several adults until they grow up and are off to form or join their own collectives. Though they are a water dwelling species they are able to breathe in the surface due to having two different sets of lungs, although they are highly hindered in the surface given they are better swimmers than sprinters. Their planet is covered in near 90% water, but there exist several small continents and islands with trading outposts.

Background:
    Homeworld: Thalerilia
    History:The Thrivvuix have always been a warring people, constantly fighting with themselves for millennia and this has hindered their ability to innovate and venture beyond their planet. To this day various factions within them fight over dominance, some more advance than others like the land dwelling Aviax who wish to unite the planet and explore the corners of the Galaxy, the Cullemai who almost never explore the surface and are at odds with the Aviax over their efforts to explore, the Letxivic who do not endorse either belief and instead focus more on their own problems and beliefs which are more spiritual in nature as well as trading and resource gathering, and the Vralipix who are hostile to everyone and wish to conquer the planet for their own ends.

The Thrivvuix have been lucky that their planet has not been conquered by anyone since it lacks any means of planetary defenses and though they have been able to build advance weaponry and infrastructure it would not be enough to stop a Kiellar strike force. Throughout the Galaxy one could find Thrivvuix who have left their planet to venture out into the unknown and are mostly mercenaries, explorers, adventurers, or whatever job they can find. Only time will tell if the Thrivvuix can survive in Andromeda for the long haul.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:
Character Description

Strengths and Weaknesses

Background:

Looks good to me!

Want to have a chat about bringing him into the thread? We can do it on the OOC or on the Discord. Whichever you prefer.

Prefer here.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu May 09, 2019 9:11 am

OK, so I suggest you have your char wake up from a stasis pod, there are a number of crew on the ship who will immediately come to investigate. If you would like a link to another stasis pod post I can give you one.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu May 09, 2019 1:10 pm

I guess I've just had writers' block here lately... I'm not sure what to have Olorisa do right now.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu May 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Foxfound wrote:I guess I've just had writers' block here lately... I'm not sure what to have Olorisa do right now.

Perhaps run simulations on piloting the ship, even experiment on possibility for hologram persona which could heightened her curiosity about an actual body??? ;)
"I do as I please"

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu May 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Foxfound wrote:I guess I've just had writers' block here lately... I'm not sure what to have Olorisa do right now.

Another sleeper has awakened.....
Tomorrow is made today.

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Fri May 10, 2019 1:09 am

Character Description
    Name: Daharr Of Haidra
    Species: Kiellar
    Appearance:

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Daharr is an exquisite gunslinger and brawler and rather methodical in his actions
    Weaknesses: As an outsider, Daharr is horrible at conversation and making allies due to he prefers to keep to himeself. Daharr is also an alcoholic and tends to ignore his problems until they manifest in the form of a bar fight.

Background:
    Role on Ship: Drunkard/Scoundrel
    Crimes Committed: None, stowaway
    Personality: Daharr is rather shy and introverted but extremely loyal to those that believe in him. He is rather hesitant to do anything other than drown his sorrows away with a bottle of booze which simply worsens his depression. He is extremely combative when pushed around and will not think twice before ripping the lower jaw off anyone who disrespects him or those he cares about.
    Backstory: Daharr was born within The Kiellar command to rather wealthy parents however he was born with eyes that glowed bright orange. The eyes gave him the appearance of an individual with no soul within his body and also made him an outcast in Kieller society due to their harsh ideology. The government seized him when he was a young boy and immediately threw him into the slave trade. During one of the rebellions, Daharr managed to escape his captivity and flee into the neutral zone where he came across The Defiance. Daharr would sneak his way on board the ship only a few weeks prior to the mutiny. Daharr lived in secret aboard the ship until the mutiny occurred in which he came out to no suspicion of the crew and bean hanging out around the utility deck (especially the bar). He continues to do so to this day.
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri May 10, 2019 5:18 am

Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:
Character Description
    Species: Kiellar
    Appearance:

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Daharr is an exquisite gunslinger and brawler and rather methodical in his actions
    Weaknesses: As an outsider, Daharr is horrible at conversation and making allies due to he prefers to keep to himeself. Daharr is also an alcoholic and tends to ignore his problems until they manifest in the form of a bar fight.

Background:
    Role on Ship: Drunkard/Scoundrel
    Crimes Committed: None, stowaway
    Personality: Daharr is rather shy and introverted but extremely loyal to those that believe in him. He is rather hesitant to do anything other than drown his sorrows away with a bottle of booze which simply worsens his depression. He is extremely combative when pushed around and will not think twice before ripping the lower jaw off anyone who disrespects him or those he cares about.
    Backstory: Daharr was born within The Kiellar command to rather wealthy parents however he was born with eyes that glowed bright orange. The eyes gave him the appearance of an individual with no soul within his body and also made him an outcast in Kieller society due to their harsh ideology. The government seized him when he was a young boy and immediately threw him into the slave trade. During one of the rebellions, Daharr managed to escape his captivity and flee into the neutral zone where he came across The Defiance. Daharr would sneak his way on board the ship only a few weeks prior to the mutiny. Daharr lived in secret aboard the ship until the mutiny occurred in which he came out to no suspicion of the crew and bean hanging out around the utility deck (especially the bar). He continues to do so to this day.

I think it'd be amusing if he was hanging out behind the Bar, out of sight, when Sshalah and Thanica had a recent talk that Carter eventually joined.
Tomorrow is made today.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri May 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Character Description

Looks good to me, accepted.

Arengin Union wrote:Species Description

Species Description

Species Description

These all look good as well... you planning to write a character using one or more?
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat May 11, 2019 12:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Character Description

Looks good to me, accepted.

Arengin Union wrote:[box]Species Description

Species Description

Species Description

These all look good as well... you planning to write a character using one or more?

Likely. But they'll be NPCs if thats fine.
"I do as I please"

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 am

Posted, if any of yall would like to meet Daharr... He is passed out on the floor in the bar
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 am

A public bar on the station?

Also looks like we broke this page of the OOC... the forum does not like the combo of quotes and boxes
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Sat May 11, 2019 12:42 am

oof, and yeah... what kind of ship like this wouldnt have a bar
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Sat May 11, 2019 2:32 am

especially after the mutiny, I imagine someone would set up a makeshift bar serving home brewed alcohol from the contents the ships storage
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat May 11, 2019 3:35 am

ATM all the people on the ship are named characters and nobody, as far as I know is a home brewer/running a bar. It's a small crew, rather than a big one with lots of faceless folk in the corridors (think along the lines of Serenity on Firefly, Moia on Farscape or whatever it is the Guardians of the Galaxy cruise around in, rather than one of the Enterprises/Voyager).

What I'm going to suggest we do in the IC is have Daharr in a public bar. He's been observed leaving the Defiance, so now he's unconscious the call has gone back to the ship to pick up the drunk. Someone will appear (hopefully our Doctor) and there will be a 'who the hell are you?' moment.

I think that works to bring everything nicely into line without you needing to change anything. What do you think?
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat May 11, 2019 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Sat May 11, 2019 3:55 am

That works, sorry about my misunderstanding... I thought the ship had NCPs
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat May 11, 2019 3:56 am

It seems the thread broke
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat May 11, 2019 4:49 am

Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:That works, sorry about my misunderstanding... I thought the ship had NCPs

Ship does have a bar, but we've all been having to self serve so to speak- one of us get drinks. It's part of the Mess Hall (thank the Kiellar and their high ceilings and love of fine wines and brews). A simply fix in my mind would have just been an internal monologue XD hahah

Anyhow- Xemtius, let's see- crowded Casino- cop-bots in most of the station- bound to be other captains here... like- I'm imagining someone else coming up and recruiting him but- that would write him out of our story.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat May 11, 2019 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse