NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat May 04, 2019 4:53 am

Idzequitch wrote:This thread makes me sad this time of year. There's literally almost nothing to talk about. Draft pick signings are starting to happen, but that's really not too noteworthy. September, hurry up! :P

Well, the Titans didn’t pick up Jack Conklin’s option. That’s something. I’m really surprised. He was a pro bowler as a rookie, after all, but I suppose they don’t wanna get tied down with two vital pieces in him and Mariota that are great when heathy, but can’t seem to stay on the field at 100%.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat May 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Idzequitch wrote:This thread makes me sad this time of year. There's literally almost nothing to talk about. Draft pick signings are starting to happen, but that's really not too noteworthy. September, hurry up! :P

Wait, you don't like 'way too early' power rankings and 2020 mock drafts?

At least we get some roster movement around these times
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sat May 04, 2019 5:54 pm

The Tyreek Hill situation keeps getting crazier. Now there are texts where the fiance admits to hurting the little boy. WTF is going on here! :?:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat May 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Trollgaard wrote:The Tyreek Hill situation keeps getting crazier. Now there are texts where the fiance admits to hurting the little boy. WTF is going on here! :?:

It's possible both of them have been beating the poor child.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun May 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:The Tyreek Hill situation keeps getting crazier. Now there are texts where the fiance admits to hurting the little boy. WTF is going on here! :?:

It's possible both of them have been beating the poor child.

Or OTOH she's willing to take the blame to save his NFL career. For God's sake, let's hope it's only that. Of course the blow back from that is it makes the poor little kid a liar.

Why would or how could a 3 year old lie about this? SMH
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun May 05, 2019 5:57 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Luminesa wrote:It's possible both of them have been beating the poor child.

Or OTOH she's willing to take the blame to save his NFL career. For God's sake, let's hope it's only that. Of course the blow back from that is it makes the poor little kid a liar.

3's around the minimum age where children will learn of saying no, rebelling, saying bad things about their parents, and more. If they are "lying" they tend to retract after a short time whether because of pressure or "guilt".
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon May 06, 2019 4:13 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Luminesa wrote:It's possible both of them have been beating the poor child.

I don't know why he'd do it off the bat but I know that my family always taught us that we were meant to lie to protect one another if anything bad happened. Luckily nothing did because I know how easily abused that is for an abusive parent.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon May 06, 2019 11:08 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

3's around the minimum age where children will learn of saying no, rebelling, saying bad things about their parents, and more. If they are "lying" they tend to retract after a short time whether because of pressure or "guilt".

They don't know what they're doing in conversation at 3. If you ask them a question there is usually a straight answer. A lie will generally consist of a simple "no" along with some very telling body language. Not hard to spot.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 06, 2019 12:19 pm

I've never heard a Jimmy Buffet song, but I like him now.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 06, 2019 3:01 pm

Vinny Mac covering all the bases.

ESPN, ABC and Fox. If anyone is actually interested in XFL 2, they sure have a lot of options for viewing.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon May 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Vinny Mac covering all the bases.

ESPN, ABC and Fox. If anyone is actually interested in XFL 2, they sure have a lot of options for viewing.

Still mad about the AAF getting fucked over.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue May 07, 2019 10:25 am

Any players signed by NFL teams after today (May 7) will NOT count toward the compensatory draft pick formula.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue May 07, 2019 10:30 am

Ameriganastan wrote:I've never heard a Jimmy Buffet song, but I like him now.

Heh. Maybe he's found his "lost shaker of salt." He's on the fade and looking for some publicity (and maybe a seat in the Saints' owners box), but I do approve of the shot (Tequila) he's taken.

Ameriganastan wrote:Vinny Mac covering all the bases.

People that once lived in FL identify phonetically with XFL 2. :lol:
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue May 07, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue May 07, 2019 11:49 am

Injury season starts early, Jean-Pierre Paul, Buccaneers DE, likely out for the year with a broken neck

I don't like injury season... does injury season really ever end?
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue May 07, 2019 2:00 pm

Ko-oren wrote:Injury season starts early, Jean-Pierre Paul, Buccaneers DE, likely out for the year with a broken neck

That frikkin sucks. I love JPP(Jason btw.) dude’s a beast and he never gets enough love. Not that the Bucs were going to do anything this year, byt still.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue May 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Ko-oren wrote:Injury season starts early, Jean-Pierre Paul, Buccaneers DE, likely out for the year with a broken neck

HOW DO YOU CONTINUE BEING AN INJURY MAGNET FOR THIS LONG IN YOUR LIFE???
Anarchist

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Tue May 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:

HOW DO YOU CONTINUE BEING AN INJURY MAGNET FOR THIS LONG IN YOUR LIFE???

This time in a freak car accident. Playing football seems relatively safe compared to this guy's everyday life.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue May 07, 2019 4:22 pm

I always liked Jason pierre-paul, did a lot of good work for the giants, never the same player after his long injury though.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue May 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:HOW DO YOU CONTINUE BEING AN INJURY MAGNET FOR THIS LONG IN YOUR LIFE???

This time in a freak car accident. Playing football seems relatively safe compared to this guy's everyday life.

Oh. Wow. I just kind of assumed it was football, even this early in the offseason. Geez. Hope everyone’s alright, car accidents are scary.
Lumi is my NS mom

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 07, 2019 6:29 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:This time in a freak car accident. Playing football seems relatively safe compared to this guy's everyday life.

Oh. Wow. I just kind of assumed it was football, even this early in the offseason. Geez. Hope everyone’s alright, car accidents are scary.

He's fine. Was a single car thing. Walked himself into the hospital and everything.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed May 08, 2019 9:08 am

Ranoria wrote:That frikkin sucks. I love JPP(Jason btw.) dude’s a beast and he never gets enough love. Not that the Bucs were going to do anything this year, byt still.

Eyy that was some distracted typing from me there.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed May 08, 2019 11:44 am

Ranoria wrote:

Not that the Bucs were going to do anything this year, byt still.

Rolls 8 Pounder up to your house. R U SURE ABOUT THAT
Anarchist

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Wed May 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Not that the Bucs were going to do anything this year, byt still.

Rolls 8 Pounder up to your house. R U SURE ABOUT THAT

you're in the NFC version of the group of death with a QB who is in the bottom quarter of the league... yes we're sure.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed May 08, 2019 3:29 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Rolls 8 Pounder up to your house. R U SURE ABOUT THAT

you're in the NFC version of the group of death with a QB who is in the bottom quarter of the league... yes we're sure.

Rolls 8 Pounder up to YOUR house. Bruce Arians, the improved coaching staff, improving defense, HOF WR, and Big Nasty would like a word with you.
Anarchist

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:you're in the NFC version of the group of death with a QB who is in the bottom quarter of the league... yes we're sure.

Rolls 8 Pounder up to YOUR house. Bruce Arians, the improved coaching staff, improving defense, HOF WR, and Big Nasty would like a word with you.

Bucs still have Famous Jameis...
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General