NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy: Beyond Borders IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri May 03, 2019 4:06 pm

Mana Academy: Beyond Borders OOC Thread

Early November-Mana Academy

While Henry, Eglantine, and Rabbit were soon to return to Mana Academy, at the school time marched onward. The air around campus became cooler, with the occasional freeze in the morning. Snow had begun to fall, a little later in the year than usual for the Lake Superior region, and the water was beginning to become frozen. Not frozen enough for skating, but close. Soon, all natural life in the forests would hibernate and wait for the gentle warmth of spring. Yet the Magical life around the campus was still very much alive and well. The students had moved past their Quarterly Exams, classes continued, and the teachers continued to teach, looking ahead toward the rest of the semester and Christmas. Christmas felt like an eternity away, for some.

For Soleil, simply getting up this morning was a chore, and more than usual. Since Tsukiyomi had looked into his soul a couple of weeks before, his dreams had become more erratic. He woke-up in the mornings afraid to go back to sleep. The fields of lavender had become dark, the skies purple, and the visions of his friends more twisted. If he could find some way to keep those dreams away, he would. He wondered if dream-catchers worked, or if some spell existed that he could read about in the library. Maybe a cleansing spell. He almost wanted to ask Tsukiyomi, but his first experience with her Magic had been somehow rather traumatic. Stumbling out of the bed, he looked in the fridge of his room. He found a chocolate pastry he had bitten into the night before, and he finished it with a glass of milk. He then turned and stared at the clock. 4:30 in the morning...Ahhhh but I don't wanna sleep...Maybe the library is open?... Bracing himself for the cold, he layered-up. A long-sleeved t-shirt, jeans, fur-trimmed boots, a green knitted sweater, and a white, fur-trimmed cloak. He took a look in the mirror, and his aching eyes creaked open just a little more. ...Am I growing?... he wondered. He turned on the lights in his room, even if the light hurt his eyes, and he stared at himself in the mirror. Maybe he had grown a couple of inches. He could not tell, and as he grabbed a wool scarf out of his closet, he turned the light back off, and grabbed his backpack. All he wanted to do was to find a spell to help him sleep.

The library had been rebuilt a fair bit in the three months since Lynefleur's attack on the school. He felt relieved to enter the repaired building, which was a warm refuge from the sharp cold of the November dawn. The tall shelves were neat and labeled, and he looked through various sections, wandering half-awake as he tried to find a book on the subject of Sleep Magic. Charms had a rather old book that he decided to grab. Enchantment had two books on various quick spells, and Spiritual Magic even included some books on Meditation. He took all of these books and sat in a warm corner of the library, watching the snow powder the ground outside as he curled-up with a book on various self-enchantments. His eyes drooped a little, but he shook himself awake. No! I can't sleep yet! I need to find some...some cure...

Hellbrunn

Rabbit arrived at Hellbrunn with his mysterious gifts, which were wrapped and then placed in a special bag. He wondered how he would transport one of those gifts back with him to the States. He was afraid of losing it, and he decided he would hide it in his travel bag. As he returned back to his room, his new kitten sat on his bed, sleeping. Glad that she had decided to take a nap while he was gone, he approached her carefully, and placed her in his lap with his telekinesis, careful not to awaken her. He stroked the fluffy fur of her tiny body, almost shocked to see such a cute little creature. Yet his shock was a calm shock, an emotion that brought him back in time. He snapped back to the present when he realized that his cat needed a name, and he thought about a name as he held her. "...Hmmmm...Magnolia?...Maggie for short!...That would be sweet, wouldn't it?" he mumbled. He sat and took a deep breath, pleased to be enjoying the silence for the first time in a while. He was not feeling so depressed as he had been in the last few weeks. Near-completely healed, he would be heading home soon and would be back with his students and colleagues.

Outside the room, he could hear Eglantine heading to the kitchen to cook, with another small creature nipping at her heels. "Don't trip me, Chloe! I gotta go help cook for tonight! Chloe!" She could not help but laugh, as the excited puppy chased her, trying to keep her attention away from food. Or maybe, to make sure that she also got a taste of any food Eglantine made. Rabbit chuckled, while Magnolia opened her eyes and peered around her. She mewed a little, and he knew he needed to feed her. "...Hmmm...Henry bought the kitten food, I need to go get it from him..." As he rose, holding the kitten in his arms, he noticed something on top of the cabinet near the bathroom. A sheet of paper? He walked toward the cabinet, petting and shushing Magnolia as she mewed. When he reached the paper, he read it. Some sort of letter?...
Last edited by Luminesa on Fri May 03, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri May 03, 2019 6:53 pm

Oliver Hofmann, some weeks after the quarterly exams.

As usual, he woke up. Tense and still mostly dead inside, but he woke up.
Oliver, throughout the weeks had gotten over some of his issues, namely the fact that his previous wife to be left for a suicide mission, and another that his house had once again managed to hit him where he expected it the least. His arm still stood as a grisly reminder of it.
In turn, he got used to it, learned how to use it and incorporated it into his fighting style, only rendering it more violent than it ever was before. It, in turn, made him further alienated from the rest of the student body. A few students remained at his side at times. Soleil, for one, and Ambrosia, the resident vampire.
Both of them were his pupils to some degree. They needed someone to get them up to speed on their combat abilities and magic usage. It just so turned out that some of the teachers remembered his face and boom, there he was, teaching others and forcefully socializing.

He came out of his room, looking fresh as ever. Which meant he absolutely wasn't fresh. He looked and sounded positively depressing, his shirt was wrinkled, his eyes looked dead with bags under his eyes from the nights he spent awake unknowingly, his hair, however, was surprisingly well kept. It was, after all, something he took pride in, if there ever was anything.
With his trusty flask, he slogged outside of his room and decided to accompany Begnion on his walk around the campus.

For someone that didn't like to talk or socialize, Oliver had a dog that absolutely loved to do so. Although said dog was extremely intelligent and at times could almost make it seem like he was the reincarnation of a human given how expressive he was. Again, something that his master was not.
He was quite delighted to see that his master would join him on his walk today. Recently, he had heard of a new arrival, a dog, as well. Which was a breath of fresh air for someone like Begnion that had only frequented owls, cats and other manners of mices on a regular basis so far.
Although they hadn't arrived yet, he was quite happy to share his hype with other students around.
He was, in short, a real mascot for everyone.

Oliver himself headed for the library, to extend his quiet time hopefully.
Soon enough however he found Soleil, and thinking that he had nothing better to do, he decided to strike up a conversation. Soleil had looked positively distraught recently, too.
Tapping him on the shoulder from behind, he took a seat in front of him, Begnion, for one, nestled in front of Soleil's feet and tried to get his attention.

"Sleeping issues?" He inquired, looking over the few books he had gathered up.
"Magic induced sleep isn't actual rest, you know. Hell, it'll probably make you have nightmares."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri May 03, 2019 9:52 pm

Serah wrote:Oliver Hofmann, some weeks after the quarterly exams.

Oliver, throughout the weeks had gotten over some of his issues, namely the fact that his previous wife to be left for a suicide mission, and another that his house had once again managed to hit him where he expected it the least. His arm still stood as a grisly reminder of it.
In turn, he got used to it, learned how to use it and incorporated it into his fighting style, only rendering it more violent than it ever was before. It, in turn, made him further alienated from the rest of the student body. A few students remained at his side at times. Soleil, for one, and Ambrosia, the resident vampire.
Both of them were his pupils to some degree. They needed someone to get them up to speed on their combat abilities and magic usage. It just so turned out that some of the teachers remembered his face and boom, there he was, teaching others and forcefully socializing.

He came out of his room, looking fresh as ever. Which meant he absolutely wasn't fresh. He looked and sounded positively depressing, his shirt was wrinkled, his eyes looked dead with bags under his eyes from the nights he spent awake unknowingly, his hair, however, was surprisingly well kept. It was, after all, something he took pride in, if there ever was anything.
With his trusty flask, he slogged outside of his room and decided to accompany Begnion on his walk around the campus.

For someone that didn't like to talk or socialize, Oliver had a dog that absolutely loved to do so. Although said dog was extremely intelligent and at times could almost make it seem like he was the reincarnation of a human given how expressive he was. Again, something that his master was not.
He was quite delighted to see that his master would join him on his walk today. Recently, he had heard of a new arrival, a dog, as well. Which was a breath of fresh air for someone like Begnion that had only frequented owls, cats and other manners of mices on a regular basis so far.
Although they hadn't arrived yet, he was quite happy to share his hype with other students around.

Soon enough however he found Soleil, and thinking that he had nothing better to do, he decided to strike up a conversation. Soleil had looked positively distraught recently, too.
Tapping him on the shoulder from behind, he took a seat in front of him, Begnion, for one, nestled in front of Soleil's feet and tried to get his attention.

"Magic induced sleep isn't actual rest, you know. Hell, it'll probably make you have nightmares."

Soleil had nearly fallen asleep when he felt someone tapping on his shoulder. He also felt the panting and whining of a dog, and the pitter-patter of tiny paws on his boots. As he sat upright, his book dangling from his hands, he blinked and looked to see Oliver watching him with concern. Below was his adorable dog, Begnion, who begged to get into his lap. Figuring that maybe holding the puppy would give him some comfort, he put the large tome aside and pulled the fluffy dog into his lap. He pet Begnion and smiled wearily, hoping that the darkness of the library hid the bags under his tired eyes.

“...I...I haven’t been able to sleep for a full night...uninterrupted...for about a week...” He sighed, and scratched the puppy behind the ears. “...My dreams are getting more vivid...and more violent...I feel I’m fighting with them for even an hour of rest...I wake-up from them feeling like I was...boxing...instead of sleeping...I...even if it’s...not genuine sleep...I want a deep sleep...I don’t want to dream at all...” He sounded as though he was longing for death, even though he simply wanted to get through a night without the feeling that he was going to be stalked in his dreams.

The sense of powerlessness, the feeling he had felt all his life, and had only just started to overcome, had come back to taunt him into submission. What he saw as beautiful had become twisted and alien. He wondered if Oliver would ask about his nightmares. ...Wh-What should I tell him...if he asks?...He’ll think I’m disgusting...Or he’ll think I’ve lost my mind... he thought. He then mumbled, “...What time is it?...Maybe...maybe I should go see Professor Artosh, or Nurse Cecily...Nurse John...Maybe...they can help...Maybe it’s my brain...” He figured that if anyone would understand, it would be one of the nurses or Artosh. He was afraid to ask Tsukiyomi. How ironic that even now, he was afraid of his mother, even if she was his new and adoptive mother.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat May 04, 2019 7:22 am

Luminesa wrote:
Hellbrunn

Rabbit arrived at Hellbrunn with his mysterious gifts, which were wrapped and then placed in a special bag. He wondered how he would transport one of those gifts back with him to the States. He was afraid of losing it, and he decided he would hide it in his travel bag. As he returned back to his room, his new kitten sat on his bed, sleeping. Glad that she had decided to take a nap while he was gone, he approached her carefully, and placed her in his lap with his telekinesis, careful not to awaken her. He stroked the fluffy fur of her tiny body, almost shocked to see such a cute little creature. Yet his shock was a calm shock, an emotion that brought him back in time. He snapped back to the present when he realized that his cat needed a name, and he thought about a name as he held her. "...Hmmmm...Magnolia?...Maggie for short!...That would be sweet, wouldn't it?" he mumbled. He sat and took a deep breath, pleased to be enjoying the silence for the first time in a while. He was not feeling so depressed as he had been in the last few weeks. Near-completely healed, he would be heading home soon and would be back with his students and colleagues.

Outside the room, he could hear Eglantine heading to the kitchen to cook, with another small creature nipping at her heels. "Don't trip me, Chloe! I gotta go help cook for tonight! Chloe!" She could not help but laugh, as the excited puppy chased her, trying to keep her attention away from food. Or maybe, to make sure that she also got a taste of any food Eglantine made. Rabbit chuckled, while Magnolia opened her eyes and peered around her. She mewed a little, and he knew he needed to feed her. "...Hmmm...Henry bought the kitten food, I need to go get it from him..." As he rose, holding the kitten in his arms, he noticed something on top of the cabinet near the bathroom. A sheet of paper? He walked toward the cabinet, petting and shushing Magnolia as she mewed. When he reached the paper, he read it. Some sort of letter?...

Henry von Kressel
Schloss Hellbrunn - Salzburg, Austria

Even if Henry loved to scare Eglantine, Kaiser took the pleasure away from him this time. The dog smelled the food being made in the kitchen, rushing down the stairs of the Palace making a straight run to the kitchen.

But instead of running around Eglantine, the bigger dog in the house took Chloe by the neck, gently using his teeth to carry her to a nearby chair, and sat at her side, both staring at the house's cook eagerly.

"I see that Chloe developed two of her owner's most notable features, Eglantine: the beauty and the unending love for food. Big plans for this night in Hellbrunn?"
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Sat May 04, 2019 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat May 04, 2019 12:02 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:
Hellbrunn

Henry von Kressel

Even if Henry loved to scare Eglantine, Kaiser took the pleasure away from him this time. The dog smelled the food being made in the kitchen, rushing down the stairs of the Palace making a straight run to the kitchen.

But instead of running around Eglantine, the bigger dog in the house took Chloe by the neck, gently using his teeth to carry her to a nearby chair, and sat at her side, both staring at the house's cook eagerly.

"I see that Chloe developed two of her owner's most notable features, Eglantine: the beauty and the unending love for food. Big plans for this night in Hellbrunn?"

Hellbrunn

The scene was almost too relaxed to take place in a magnificent, ancient mansion like Salzburg. Eglantine had changed into a blue sweater and high-waisted shorts, and had put her hair in a messy bun to keep her hair out of her food. She searched around the kitchen for ingredients, with a recipe in mind as she examined the pantry. Behind her, her new puppy, Chloe, nearly exploded with energy, as she sensed she was close to food and sniffed everything she could smell. She hopped and jolted and pattered around her master's heels, trying to get her attention and to get some food. Eglantine could not help but continue to giggle, as she pulled a pack of linguine out of the pantry and felt her puppy jumping on her heels. "Chloe, stop! You can't have any! C'mon, I'm gonna fall and hit my head!" she pleaded to her dog, between giggles. She almost sighed with relief as Kaiser entered the kitchen and swept the puppy away. Chloe did not quite want to sit still, however, as she was not familiar with Kaiser and now wanted to know this strange dog who had approached her. She sat on the chair, wagging her tail, sniffing Kaiser and pawing at the much-larger dog.

Henry was not too far behind his dog, and as he entered the kitchen, Eglantine turned and smiled at him. "Ahhh, we can scale-down for tonight a little. Given we just had a big day that went...rather odd...I'm just feeling like making something simple. Unless you wanna help, I don't know if you like linguine or not. Just need to find the Parmesan cheese and a couple other ingredients for this sauce...Wanna chop some veggies for a salad? Need you to find some broccoli, some onions, bacon, some cheddar, and some olive oil..." She gave Henry her list, all while holding a wheel of Parmesan and a couple cans of heavy-whipping cream in her arms. The night almost felt too normal. She expected something to jump out of a dark corner, to burst into the kitchen and to stab them to death. The fact that she would soon be in America, away from Lady Blanchefleur and her family, was bizarre. Her life was changing quite fast for her, and she wanted to slow-down and eat. Or sleep.

Michel, in the meantime, did not have much to pack or much to do, so he came into the kitchen to distract the dogs-and to give his niece and her boyfriend some time alone. In his hand he had one of Chloe's new toys, a large chewing-bone. Whistling to the dogs, he coaxed them, "Hey! You want to chew on something really tasty? Yoohoo! It's chicken-flavor!" He waved the bone in the air, and soon Chloe came flying in his direction. Whether or not the older Kaiser would follow was anyone's discretion. As soon as he saw Chloe running toward him, though, he smirked at Henry and winked, before he got tackled by his niece's tiny puppy. "Oh no! She's got sharp teeth! Quick, run awayyyyy!" he shouted, a little over-dramatic, in order to entertain the puppy.
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sat May 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:Oliver Hofmann, some weeks after the quarterly exams.

Soleil had nearly fallen asleep when he felt someone tapping on his shoulder. He also felt the panting and whining of a dog, and the pitter-patter of tiny paws on his boots. As he sat upright, his book dangling from his hands, he blinked and looked to see Oliver watching him with concern. Below was his adorable dog, Begnion, who begged to get into his lap. Figuring that maybe holding the puppy would give him some comfort, he put the large tome aside and pulled the fluffy dog into his lap. He pet Begnion and smiled wearily, hoping that the darkness of the library hid the bags under his tired eyes.

“...I...I haven’t been able to sleep for a full night...uninterrupted...for about a week...” He sighed, and scratched the puppy behind the ears. “...My dreams are getting more vivid...and more violent...I feel I’m fighting with them for even an hour of rest...I wake-up from them feeling like I was...boxing...instead of sleeping...I...even if it’s...not genuine sleep...I want a deep sleep...I don’t want to dream at all...” He sounded as though he was longing for death, even though he simply wanted to get through a night without the feeling that he was going to be stalked in his dreams.

The sense of powerlessness, the feeling he had felt all his life, and had only just started to overcome, had come back to taunt him into submission. What he saw as beautiful had become twisted and alien. He wondered if Oliver would ask about his nightmares. ...Wh-What should I tell him...if he asks?...He’ll think I’m disgusting...Or he’ll think I’ve lost my mind... he thought. He then mumbled, “...What time is it?...Maybe...maybe I should go see Professor Artosh, or Nurse Cecily...Nurse John...Maybe...they can help...Maybe it’s my brain...” He figured that if anyone would understand, it would be one of the nurses or Artosh. He was afraid to ask Tsukiyomi. How ironic that even now, he was afraid of his mother, even if she was his new and adoptive mother.

"I get that, but deep sleep doesn't mean rest, which is what you actually need." Oliver answered with a light smile, knowing very well what restless nightmare sleep was like.
"I should know, I did the same for a while. Sometimes I still do it. It's why I still have this." Gesturing to his flask, he picked up one of the books set aside by Soleil and speed read through it.

Begnion on his side, thoroughly enjoyed the scratches given, and nestled himself further into the boy's lap.

"... Meditation could help I suppose, since I'm certain your nightmares are personal AND also enhanced by your powers. I'm spitballing here, correct me if I'm wrong." He continued, reading through the techniques of meditation that were logged in the book.
"Honestly, I think it's a lot of things. Could be your brain, could be PTSD, it could also be outside influence. Given how the people coming back from Europe are looking, chances are you're assuming the worst in everything, which admittedly wouldn't be far fetched." He closed the book, leaned back and sighed.
"So, what are they like? Your dreams. I've had a few PTSD dreams back when I was younger and it didn't get much better in the later years. Hell, you've seen what my dream form looks like, remember the big malformed wolf? That was me."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat May 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil had nearly fallen asleep when he felt someone tapping on his shoulder. He also felt the panting and whining of a dog, and the pitter-patter of tiny paws on his boots. As he sat upright, his book dangling from his hands, he blinked and looked to see Oliver watching him with concern. Below was his adorable dog, Begnion, who begged to get into his lap. Figuring that maybe holding the puppy would give him some comfort, he put the large tome aside and pulled the fluffy dog into his lap. He pet Begnion and smiled wearily, hoping that the darkness of the library hid the bags under his tired eyes.

"I get that, but deep sleep doesn't mean rest, which is what you actually need." Oliver answered with a light smile, knowing very well what restless nightmare sleep was like.
"I should know, I did the same for a while. Sometimes I still do it. It's why I still have this." Gesturing to his flask, he picked up one of the books set aside by Soleil and speed read through it.

Begnion on his side, thoroughly enjoyed the scratches given, and nestled himself further into the boy's lap.

"... Meditation could help I suppose, since I'm certain your nightmares are personal AND also enhanced by your powers. I'm spitballing here, correct me if I'm wrong." He continued, reading through the techniques of meditation that were logged in the book.
"Honestly, I think it's a lot of things. Could be your brain, could be PTSD, it could also be outside influence. Given how the people coming back from Europe are looking, chances are you're assuming the worst in everything, which admittedly wouldn't be far fetched." He closed the book, leaned back and sighed.
"So, what are they like? Your dreams. I've had a few PTSD dreams back when I was younger and it didn't get much better in the later years. Hell, you've seen what my dream form looks like, remember the big malformed wolf? That was me."

Mana-The library

Soleil looked at the flask, and he held it carefully. He took a sniff of it, and the sharp prickling of alcohol met his nose, causing him to draw back a little. Something strong, and something probably not allowed on campus. Then again, he did not quite know what the rules for alcohol were at Mana. He put the flask down, and turned back to Oliver. "...You...you had PTSD...I wonder if...I had the same thing. There were times like this when I was little, when I couldn't sleep...When I had nightmares and cried a lot at night...I didn't know what to do...I felt powerless...I thought I was getting better, but...I guess not..." He sighed, and rubbed his weary eyes with one hand. With his other hand he continued to pet the sweet pup in his lap, who sensed he was upset and seemed to want to try and comfort him.

When he was asked about the dreams, however, he did not feel comfort. He felt numb. His dreams were more than big malformed wolves, though those did appear in his own dreams as well. He gulped, almost wishing he could take a swig of Oliver's flask and knock himself unconscious. Yet he knew that his friend was worried and did not wish harm on him. Maybe, just maybe, he would be able to help. Well...let's just hope that...telling him my dreams won't...risk our friendship... He gulped, and shakily began explaining some of his dreams. "...They started-out...th-they always started-out...quiet. There's this field with a sunset, and lots of lavender...It smells really nice, almost like a perfume. I...I would wander around, and then the wolves...they were like yours, big and ugly...and they looked...l-like they hadn't eaten in a long time. I would start running...and I would find two other people. Sh-Shaun and...Allistor." He thought about the older teen, how he had been slowly recovering in the last couple of weeks. How Shaun and the nurses had kept an eye on him, and had kept his spirits high. Yet something seemed to weigh heavily in his heart, and when Soleil looked at him, he always felt a chill. Perhaps his dreams were to blame for his chills around his friend.

"Shaun would always hug me and would comfort me, but Allistor...h-he seemed distant...Any time Shaun would...s-say something...kind to me..." Soleil blushed and turned away, but he shivered as he spoke. "I'll always protect you, Soli...You're a little twig, and with you, we'll build our home again..." Shaun's words had been sweet, but peculiar. What had that statement meant? And then Allistor had given him that cold glare. "...Allistor would come to me and would stare at me. And...he would pull Shaun away...and then...I looked at them...They were..." He gulped. "...Vampires..." His body felt cold as the word spilled out of his mouth. "...And...Allistor would make Shaun try to...kill me...and I would run...I'd run all around, and the wolves would try to eat me too...and if none of them could do it...Allistor would...come for me. And he would look...different..." He wiped the tears out of his eyes, and tried to pet Begnion to feel calmer.

"They've gotten worse since then...Sometimes Shaun is dead, and Allistor will come after me...and he'll look like a monster...but now...I try to hide in this place in the dream...or...I-I've been trying..." He gulped down his tears, and sniffled. "...There was...this castle. It's always there in the fields...far away. And I run to it. But...when I get there, there's these big doors...I-I have to open them...I either...die...before I can...or...or...I open them...and wake-up. I never get to see...what's inside..." He gave a deep sigh, and wiped his eyes again, this time with his thick scarf. "...I don't want to go to class...I don't want to do anything...I just want to sleep...I want to...get away. I don't want...to see my friends as monsters...I want to...I want to get away..."
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun May 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:

Mana-The library

Soleil looked at the flask, and he held it carefully. He took a sniff of it, and the sharp prickling of alcohol met his nose, causing him to draw back a little. Something strong, and something probably not allowed on campus. Then again, he did not quite know what the rules for alcohol were at Mana. He put the flask down, and turned back to Oliver. "...You...you had PTSD...I wonder if...I had the same thing. There were times like this when I was little, when I couldn't sleep...When I had nightmares and cried a lot at night...I didn't know what to do...I felt powerless...I thought I was getting better, but...I guess not..." He sighed, and rubbed his weary eyes with one hand. With his other hand he continued to pet the sweet pup in his lap, who sensed he was upset and seemed to want to try and comfort him.

When he was asked about the dreams, however, he did not feel comfort. He felt numb. His dreams were more than big malformed wolves, though those did appear in his own dreams as well. He gulped, almost wishing he could take a swig of Oliver's flask and knock himself unconscious. Yet he knew that his friend was worried and did not wish harm on him. Maybe, just maybe, he would be able to help. Well...let's just hope that...telling him my dreams won't...risk our friendship... He gulped, and shakily began explaining some of his dreams. "...They started-out...th-they always started-out...quiet. There's this field with a sunset, and lots of lavender...It smells really nice, almost like a perfume. I...I would wander around, and then the wolves...they were like yours, big and ugly...and they looked...l-like they hadn't eaten in a long time. I would start running...and I would find two other people. Sh-Shaun and...Allistor." He thought about the older teen, how he had been slowly recovering in the last couple of weeks. How Shaun and the nurses had kept an eye on him, and had kept his spirits high. Yet something seemed to weigh heavily in his heart, and when Soleil looked at him, he always felt a chill. Perhaps his dreams were to blame for his chills around his friend.

"Shaun would always hug me and would comfort me, but Allistor...h-he seemed distant...Any time Shaun would...s-say something...kind to me..." Soleil blushed and turned away, but he shivered as he spoke. "I'll always protect you, Soli...You're a little twig, and with you, we'll build our home again..." Shaun's words had been sweet, but peculiar. What had that statement meant? And then Allistor had given him that cold glare. "...Allistor would come to me and would stare at me. And...he would pull Shaun away...and then...I looked at them...They were..." He gulped. "...Vampires..." His body felt cold as the word spilled out of his mouth. "...And...Allistor would make Shaun try to...kill me...and I would run...I'd run all around, and the wolves would try to eat me too...and if none of them could do it...Allistor would...come for me. And he would look...different..." He wiped the tears out of his eyes, and tried to pet Begnion to feel calmer.

"They've gotten worse since then...Sometimes Shaun is dead, and Allistor will come after me...and he'll look like a monster...but now...I try to hide in this place in the dream...or...I-I've been trying..." He gulped down his tears, and sniffled. "...There was...this castle. It's always there in the fields...far away. And I run to it. But...when I get there, there's these big doors...I-I have to open them...I either...die...before I can...or...or...I open them...and wake-up. I never get to see...what's inside..." He gave a deep sigh, and wiped his eyes again, this time with his thick scarf. "...I don't want to go to class...I don't want to do anything...I just want to sleep...I want to...get away. I don't want...to see my friends as monsters...I want to...I want to get away..."

Oliver remained quiet while listening to Soleil. He couldn't say he exactly understood the reasons of his nightmares and his pain, but he did understand what it felt like.
The stress it entailed, the fear it caused. He knew it all too well.

"Bad experiences with vampires I see. I'll make sure to keep Ambrosia away from you then." As from instinct, he looked behind himself to check if she was there. Then chuckled lightly.
"Kidding, of course. Have you tried talking to either Shaun or Allistor about it? I know our resident ice lad got beaten up quite badly, given the fact that he's got a demon snake inside him, maybe the fact he got beaten up makes you think he could lose control somehow? Same with Shaun, he's nice but he's a bit on the squishy side emotionally if I recall. Maybe seeing them reunite made you afraid they'd cannibalize your friendship?" He continued calmly, searching for one of the stray water bottles he hid around the school in case of a hangover.

After a few seconds of searching, he found a bottle he had hidden behind a bookcase. Seeing as it still wasn't open, he decided to create a small metal glass and pour Soleil a glass of his brew, albeit quite diluted.

"Here, if you want to try. Shouldn't burn your nose too much. Or your throat." Setting down the glass and pouring only a light stream of his brew, he pushed it towards Soleil before continuing.
"How about we take a walk around, yeah? Confide in me a bit. I'm supposed to be your fighting preceptor but I'm also your friend. I think."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon May 06, 2019 4:57 am

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Mana-The library

Oliver remained quiet while listening to Soleil. He couldn't say he exactly understood the reasons of his nightmares and his pain, but he did understand what it felt like.

"Bad experiences with vampires I see. I'll make sure to keep Ambrosia away from you then." As from instinct, he looked behind himself to check if she was there. Then chuckled lightly.
"Kidding, of course. Have you tried talking to either Shaun or Allistor about it? I know our resident ice lad got beaten up quite badly, given the fact that he's got a demon snake inside him, maybe the fact he got beaten up makes you think he could lose control somehow? Same with Shaun, he's nice but he's a bit on the squishy side emotionally if I recall. Maybe seeing them reunite made you afraid they'd cannibalize your friendship?" He continued calmly, searching for one of the stray water bottles he hid around the school in case of a hangover.

After a few seconds of searching, he found a bottle he had hidden behind a bookcase. Seeing as it still wasn't open, he decided to create a small metal glass and pour Soleil a glass of his brew, albeit quite diluted.

"Here, if you want to try. Shouldn't burn your nose too much. Or your throat." Setting down the glass and pouring only a light stream of his brew, he pushed it towards Soleil before continuing.
"How about we take a walk around, yeah? Confide in me a bit. I'm supposed to be your fighting preceptor but I'm also your friend. I think."

Oliver did not hate him at all. Soleil watched in awe as he stayed totally calm and did not show him the smallest look of disgust. He even made a small joke, which in this instance did make Sol laugh. Ambrosia was more or less harmless, really only a threat to a stack of pancakes in the morning. Yet at the same time, he wondered if vampires as a concept were a part of his fears, or if they represented his fears about his friendships with Shaun and Allistor. “...I...don’t know...I’ve never felt these things before. I was...only scared of Allistor when we first met...or so I thought...”

He was not eager to go back into the cold, not when the library was so warm and cozy, but he figured that some time had passed. Maybe the sun had risen and would make the Academy a little warmer. Putting his scarf and his heavy coat back on, he stood and smiled at Oliver, who handed him a metal cup he created with his Magic. Clutching it in his gloved hands, he stared at the liquid his friend poured inside the cup. It was clear, and that strong smell prickled his nose once again. He almost wanted to ask how and why Oliver had hidden a bottle of alcohol in the library, but then he figured maybe a little strong drink would help him to feel tired. He took a swig, and coughed as the alcohol burned his throat. He managed to get it down, nonetheless. “...I...I’ve never had anything stronger than wine with dinner...s-sorry...I kinda like it though...I’ll...hold onto it.” He wondered for the first time what sorts of things would slip out of his mouth if he got drunk.

Out he walked, with Begnion jogging along with the two boys. The sun was just peeking over the horizon, meaning perhaps an hour or so had passed. The campus was still hovering around freezing, and the snow continued to powder the ground gently. Soleil let Oliver’s brew warm him, wondering how it might taste with some honey. Not sure where to begin with his feelings, he just thought aloud. “...I-I’ve known they’ve been together since the Tournament...I...I heard them together once...I think...a-and I’ve seen them...how they interact with each other...but...I guess I do wonder...if they’ll become more distant from me since they are together. And...something about Alli has...changed...”

A short gust of wind blew, and Soleil shuddered and clattered his teeth. Pulling his scarf and jacket closer around him, he finished the cup and gave it back to Oliver, while he stuck his gloved hands in his pockets. “...H-He’s not...happy. I-It almost seems like...a part of him is...away. M-Missing. Even when he’s with Shaun, h-he...he seems...like he has a burden on his shoulders...and he can’t shake it...I don’t know...if I can do anything. I’ve tried, the last couple...weeks...b-but...he only...s-sees Shaun...” he explained further. He could feel the heat rise to his cheeks, and not just from the cold or the alcohol.
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon May 06, 2019 8:47 am

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:

Oliver did not hate him at all. Soleil watched in awe as he stayed totally calm and did not show him the smallest look of disgust. He even made a small joke, which in this instance did make Sol laugh. Ambrosia was more or less harmless, really only a threat to a stack of pancakes in the morning. Yet at the same time, he wondered if vampires as a concept were a part of his fears, or if they represented his fears about his friendships with Shaun and Allistor. “...I...don’t know...I’ve never felt these things before. I was...only scared of Allistor when we first met...or so I thought...”

He was not eager to go back into the cold, not when the library was so warm and cozy, but he figured that some time had passed. Maybe the sun had risen and would make the Academy a little warmer. Putting his scarf and his heavy coat back on, he stood and smiled at Oliver, who handed him a metal cup he created with his Magic. Clutching it in his gloved hands, he stared at the liquid his friend poured inside the cup. It was clear, and that strong smell prickled his nose once again. He almost wanted to ask how and why Oliver had hidden a bottle of alcohol in the library, but then he figured maybe a little strong drink would help him to feel tired. He took a swig, and coughed as the alcohol burned his throat. He managed to get it down, nonetheless. “...I...I’ve never had anything stronger than wine with dinner...s-sorry...I kinda like it though...I’ll...hold onto it.” He wondered for the first time what sorts of things would slip out of his mouth if he got drunk.

Out he walked, with Begnion jogging along with the two boys. The sun was just peeking over the horizon, meaning perhaps an hour or so had passed. The campus was still hovering around freezing, and the snow continued to powder the ground gently. Soleil let Oliver’s brew warm him, wondering how it might taste with some honey. Not sure where to begin with his feelings, he just thought aloud. “...I-I’ve known they’ve been together since the Tournament...I...I heard them together once...I think...a-and I’ve seen them...how they interact with each other...but...I guess I do wonder...if they’ll become more distant from me since they are together. And...something about Alli has...changed...”

A short gust of wind blew, and Soleil shuddered and clattered his teeth. Pulling his scarf and jacket closer around him, he finished the cup and gave it back to Oliver, while he stuck his gloved hands in his pockets. “...H-He’s not...happy. I-It almost seems like...a part of him is...away. M-Missing. Even when he’s with Shaun, h-he...he seems...like he has a burden on his shoulders...and he can’t shake it...I don’t know...if I can do anything. I’ve tried, the last couple...weeks...b-but...he only...s-sees Shaun...” he explained further. He could feel the heat rise to his cheeks, and not just from the cold or the alcohol.

"Sounds to me like there's conflicting feeling in that. Perhaps you feel jealous of their closeness maybe? I know what that feels like, too." He chuckled bitterly as Begnion followed and seemed to bark lightly at Oliver for remembering such things.
"Heh." Sipping on his brew lightly, he continued his train of thought. "Maybe I could go and talk to him, see how things are going for him. If he doesn't want to talk to you specifically, maybe it's because he doesn't want you to think that he, Allistor, your adoptive big brother of sorts, was beaten to a pulp. Maybe there's a level of pride in his behaviour? Not to mention there were probably more things going on in Europe then, his dad being a part of it potentially."

Sighing, he felt memories of his time in Europe as the future heir come back to him.
Meetings, fights, diplomacy thinly veiled with lies... He remembered most of the 'important' figures of the old world. The Abendroth specifically in this situation. Not because of Allistor, but more because of the consequences of him having a demon sealed inside of him. Or however it was his parents put it.
It had generated quite the uproar in the Jagtkreuz, tearing it in two different parties for some years until Allistor managed to show that he had some control, or could coerce the demon into cooperating.
However, Oliver did remember Allistor's father being a rather difficult fellow to work with, one that didn't feel much.

"... Hell, I think it just may be more than a little part of it." After that, silence fell as he fought internally to repress what had come up again.
"Anyway. What do you think caused this onslaught of nightmares? I don't think I traumatised you that bad when you first saw my dream form. Not to mention I showed way more messed up things when I used this thing, too." He pointed to his arm, inactive, but still moving with his command. "Especially if you're saying they look like me. I like to think I keep to myself enough that I don't traumatise anyone with my antics."

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon May 06, 2019 9:26 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

Henry von Kressel

Hellbrunn

The scene was almost too relaxed to take place in a magnificent, ancient mansion like Salzburg. Eglantine had changed into a blue sweater and high-waisted shorts, and had put her hair in a messy bun to keep her hair out of her food. She searched around the kitchen for ingredients, with a recipe in mind as she examined the pantry. Behind her, her new puppy, Chloe, nearly exploded with energy, as she sensed she was close to food and sniffed everything she could smell. She hopped and jolted and pattered around her master's heels, trying to get her attention and to get some food. Eglantine could not help but continue to giggle, as she pulled a pack of linguine out of the pantry and felt her puppy jumping on her heels. "Chloe, stop! You can't have any! C'mon, I'm gonna fall and hit my head!" she pleaded to her dog, between giggles. She almost sighed with relief as Kaiser entered the kitchen and swept the puppy away. Chloe did not quite want to sit still, however, as she was not familiar with Kaiser and now wanted to know this strange dog who had approached her. She sat on the chair, wagging her tail, sniffing Kaiser and pawing at the much-larger dog.

Henry was not too far behind his dog, and as he entered the kitchen, Eglantine turned and smiled at him. "Ahhh, we can scale-down for tonight a little. Given we just had a big day that went...rather odd...I'm just feeling like making something simple. Unless you wanna help, I don't know if you like linguine or not. Just need to find the Parmesan cheese and a couple other ingredients for this sauce...Wanna chop some veggies for a salad? Need you to find some broccoli, some onions, bacon, some cheddar, and some olive oil..." She gave Henry her list, all while holding a wheel of Parmesan and a couple cans of heavy-whipping cream in her arms. The night almost felt too normal. She expected something to jump out of a dark corner, to burst into the kitchen and to stab them to death. The fact that she would soon be in America, away from Lady Blanchefleur and her family, was bizarre. Her life was changing quite fast for her, and she wanted to slow-down and eat. Or sleep.

Michel, in the meantime, did not have much to pack or much to do, so he came into the kitchen to distract the dogs-and to give his niece and her boyfriend some time alone. In his hand he had one of Chloe's new toys, a large chewing-bone. Whistling to the dogs, he coaxed them, "Hey! You want to chew on something really tasty? Yoohoo! It's chicken-flavor!" He waved the bone in the air, and soon Chloe came flying in his direction. Whether or not the older Kaiser would follow was anyone's discretion. As soon as he saw Chloe running toward him, though, he smirked at Henry and winked, before he got tackled by his niece's tiny puppy. "Oh no! She's got sharp teeth! Quick, run awayyyyy!" he shouted, a little over-dramatic, in order to entertain the puppy.

Henry von Kressel

Somehow, the extremely cliché scene of a loved one in the kitchen brought comfort to his heart. Even if he was partially angry by being forced out of a war that he started, but scenes like that one helped to keep that always present rage away. As Chloe was distracted by Michel, Henry slowly approached Eglantine, hugging her by her back.

"I do like linguine, Eglantine. Italian food in general, and Italian food made by you is a strong contestant for my favorite plates. And we can cut the salad today, one day without healthy food won't kill us all..."

He slowly stopped speaking and the words gave place to small, gentle kisses on her neck as he held her close. Henry was hardly an openly romantic person, but sometimes, he gave himself to permission to become this different person. The rigid walls of Salzburg gave him a place where he could he a little bit more relaxed, without worrying about the eyes that constantly examined him when he went outside, to deal with a world that expected a lot from him.

"And your company is always enjoyable."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon May 06, 2019 10:47 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Hellbrunn

Henry von Kressel

Somehow, the extremely cliché scene of a loved one in the kitchen brought comfort to his heart. Even if he was partially angry by being forced out of a war that he started, but scenes like that one helped to keep that always present rage away. As Chloe was distracted by Michel, Henry slowly approached Eglantine, hugging her by her back.

"I do like linguine, Eglantine. Italian food in general, and Italian food made by you is a strong contestant for my favorite plates. And we can cut the salad today, one day without healthy food won't kill us all..."

He slowly stopped speaking and the words gave place to small, gentle kisses on her neck as he held her close. Henry was hardly an openly romantic person, but sometimes, he gave himself to permission to become this different person. The rigid walls of Salzburg gave him a place where he could he a little bit more relaxed, without worrying about the eyes that constantly examined him when he went outside, to deal with a world that expected a lot from him.

Eglantine started the noodles, putting them in a pot of water and setting it to boil while she grabbed a colander from somewhere. She also found a skillet, which she placed to the side. She liked the newfound freedom that Sebastian had given her in the kitchen, and she was almost sad she would be leaving it in a couple of days. She hoped she would be able to do at least a little cooking at Mana. Imagine the lost heir of House Rise working as a cook in a magical school...Eh, not the worst place to be, and work is work..."Good! I'm glad to hear you like Italian food, one more thing I can keep in mind about you. And I can eat noodles five days a week, so I hope you don't ever mind leftovers!" Henry seemed to just be happy spending time around her, a concept which still baffled her mind, but also brought her comfort. She had been making him fresh meals, something she figured was necessary for a relationship, but he had not seemed very picky up to this point. As he mentioned that he wanted to skip the salad, however, she protested, "Hey! It's not that healthy! It's made with bacon! Since when has bacon ever been healthy?"

She rolled her eyes, only to jolt and to give a tiny yelp when Henry kissed her neck. The romantic gesture gave her pause, but she was fine with it after she registered that Henry was still there. Craning her neck to give him a grin, she responded, "I appreciate the sweetness, just don't do that when I'm cooking or I might accidentally spill something." She chuckled, enjoying the peaceful moment after the stressful day they had. Chloe was in another room yelping and chasing after Michel, and the happy couple was in the kitchen relaxing like a normal couple. She wondered how long this would last. "...Say, what's Mana like? I know you go to classes there, but you've never really told me about the school. Mine was in the city but hidden from Mundanes, but yours is. like....on an island, I've heard. What's it like being several hours from civilization? You do anything fun when you're not saving the world?" she inquired, as she checked the timer she had set for the pasta. "And you think I could get a job doing something around campus? Not like I have a criminal record, might make for a good cover too. Lady Blanchefleur would never suspect her prized heiress is working as a lunch lady."
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon May 06, 2019 11:06 am

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Oliver did not hate him at all. Soleil watched in awe as he stayed totally calm and did not show him the smallest look of disgust. He even made a small joke, which in this instance did make Sol laugh. Ambrosia was more or less harmless, really only a threat to a stack of pancakes in the morning. Yet at the same time, he wondered if vampires as a concept were a part of his fears, or if they represented his fears about his friendships with Shaun and Allistor. “...I...don’t know...I’ve never felt these things before. I was...only scared of Allistor when we first met...or so I thought...”

"Sounds to me like there's conflicting feeling in that. Perhaps you feel jealous of their closeness maybe? I know what that feels like, too." He chuckled bitterly as Begnion followed and seemed to bark lightly at Oliver for remembering such things.
"Heh." Sipping on his brew lightly, he continued his train of thought. "Maybe I could go and talk to him, see how things are going for him. If he doesn't want to talk to you specifically, maybe it's because he doesn't want you to think that he, Allistor, your adoptive big brother of sorts, was beaten to a pulp. Maybe there's a level of pride in his behaviour? Not to mention there were probably more things going on in Europe then, his dad being a part of it potentially."

Sighing, he felt memories of his time in Europe as the future heir come back to him.
Meetings, fights, diplomacy thinly veiled with lies... He remembered most of the 'important' figures of the old world. The Abendroth specifically in this situation. Not because of Allistor, but more because of the consequences of him having a demon sealed inside of him. Or however it was his parents put it.
It had generated quite the uproar in the Jagtkreuz, tearing it in two different parties for some years until Allistor managed to show that he had some control, or could coerce the demon into cooperating.
However, Oliver did remember Allistor's father being a rather difficult fellow to work with, one that didn't feel much.

"... Hell, I think it just may be more than a little part of it." After that, silence fell as he fought internally to repress what had come up again.
"Anyway. What do you think caused this onslaught of nightmares? I don't think I traumatised you that bad when you first saw my dream form. Not to mention I showed way more messed up things when I used this thing, too." He pointed to his arm, inactive, but still moving with his command. "Especially if you're saying they look like me. I like to think I keep to myself enough that I don't traumatise anyone with my antics."

"N-No, I don't...I mean...Y-You don't have to talk to him for me...I...I can talk to him...b-but..." Allistor would probably be shocked and disturbed by some of Soleil's dreams, and he did not want to talk about those immediately. He figured the best option was to re-examine Allistor, to maybe see what about him was causing him such anxiety. He pondered on the possibility that Allistor hated himself for being hurt in battle. Maybe he felt empty because he could not be the strong fortress that everyone expected him to be. Henry, who was still in Europe, probably felt the same way, given his tendency to hide all his own fears and anxieties. Reaching him emotionally was about as easy as pulling Excalibur out of a lake. "...A-Allistor has never...liked politics, from what I can tell. I...I don't know how he feels about his dad, though...I-I think I only saw them together once..." He vaguely remembered Aloysus and Mercillia, the power-couple of power-couples that ran the international Student-Mage Tournament. The heads of the International Committee. And Allistor's parents. "...He probably...is happy to be away from Europe, just like I am...b-but his parents...don't seem like mean people...or maybe...h-he had a lot of pressure put on him like me...Maybe he doesn't like them for the same reasons I...wanted to get away from my family..."

Focusing more on the closeness of Shaun and Allistor brought other complicated feelings. "...I...I wrote all my nightmares...in a journal...M-Maybe if I look at that, I-I can find a pattern...Something that will tell me...why I feel so...I dunno...So scared...conflicted...and..." And what? He did not know why he did not finish his statement. Perhaps some feeling deep inside at the core of his fears, which he did not want to admit existed. He gulped, somewhat saddened that he had already finished his drink. As uncomfortable as the burn was on his throat, for some reason it calmed his nerves and helped him to think. But maybe he did not need to think. Perhaps he already knew the answer. ...Alone...that's it... he admitted to himself, with a sigh that turned to frost in the air before him, I feel...alone...when I see them together now...Like I'm drifting out of their lives...Like...I never...had a chance... He pulled his scarf over his ears and nose, adjusting it so that it folded behind his ears. Tears fell and stung his cold cheeks.

"...I think...th-there was a time when I was in Europe...wh-when Kasumi was still here...I-I thought that...Shaun maybe...liked me..." He wiped his tears with a little fabric of the scarf, and continued, his voice muffled under the thick wool. "...Like...we spent...so much time together, a-and...I loved Kasumi, I did. B-But I always wondered...if someone else was...paying attention to me...I-I thought it was Shaun...but I was never sure...a-and...I was scared to ask...Or maybe Allistor...no, not Allistor...I don't know...I don't know..." He wished he had a hat he could pull over his eyes. He wanted to disappear. He did not know why he thought about these things now, when Kasumi was gone and when Shaun clearly had no interest in him. He missed Kasumi and Hikari. He missed Valerie. Gwyn and Lyn. His mind blurred and whirled, and a sob escaped his throat. "...I-I'm sorry...I wish I could explain better, but...I don't know how I'm feeling anymore..." Another sob, and Begnion stopped pattering along next to them.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon May 06, 2019 11:35 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry von Kressel

Eglantine started the noodles, putting them in a pot of water and setting it to boil while she grabbed a colander from somewhere. She also found a skillet, which she placed to the side. She liked the newfound freedom that Sebastian had given her in the kitchen, and she was almost sad she would be leaving it in a couple of days. She hoped she would be able to do at least a little cooking at Mana. Imagine the lost heir of House Rise working as a cook in a magical school...Eh, not the worst place to be, and work is work..."Good! I'm glad to hear you like Italian food, one more thing I can keep in mind about you. And I can eat noodles five days a week, so I hope you don't ever mind leftovers!" Henry seemed to just be happy spending time around her, a concept which still baffled her mind, but also brought her comfort. She had been making him fresh meals, something she figured was necessary for a relationship, but he had not seemed very picky up to this point. As he mentioned that he wanted to skip the salad, however, she protested, "Hey! It's not that healthy! It's made with bacon! Since when has bacon ever been healthy?"

She rolled her eyes, only to jolt and to give a tiny yelp when Henry kissed her neck. The romantic gesture gave her pause, but she was fine with it after she registered that Henry was still there. Craning her neck to give him a grin, she responded, "I appreciate the sweetness, just don't do that when I'm cooking or I might accidentally spill something." She chuckled, enjoying the peaceful moment after the stressful day they had. Chloe was in another room yelping and chasing after Michel, and the happy couple was in the kitchen relaxing like a normal couple. She wondered how long this would last. "...Say, what's Mana like? I know you go to classes there, but you've never really told me about the school. Mine was in the city but hidden from Mundanes, but yours is. like....on an island, I've heard. What's it like being several hours from civilization? You do anything fun when you're not saving the world?" she inquired, as she checked the timer she had set for the pasta. "And you think I could get a job doing something around campus? Not like I have a criminal record, might make for a good cover too. Lady Blanchefleur would never suspect her prized heiress is working as a lunch lady."

Henry von Kressel

"Let's see... Mana is huge. There's a certain peace in being away from the civilization: you can explore your Magic freely. The downside is that you are confined with people that know you are a mage. And that often implies in certain prejudices, so to speak, but... They eventually disappear or get reinforced. A normal, micro-society, I'd say.

The island is quite pleasant itself. Beautiful scenery, but don't be jealous, you're still prettier. And yes, the island gets it's good share of the fun from the groups we form, but nothing like your Spaniard nights.

You'll find things strange initially, but Rabbit is also a mom there, so that will make you feel more at home. Besides, you'll probably be at Ignis, same house I am... I wonder if you'll get partnered with Ambrosia..."

His mind trailed off to the work the chef would have to feed them both at the same time, and a small laughter escaped his mouth.

"Well, I'll get to see that soon. Until there, I'll consider if spilling sauce is a big infraction in Sebastian's book. But I doubt they would let you be a cook there... They might call you for a specialization there."

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon May 06, 2019 1:48 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:

"N-No, I don't...I mean...Y-You don't have to talk to him for me...I...I can talk to him...b-but..." Allistor would probably be shocked and disturbed by some of Soleil's dreams, and he did not want to talk about those immediately. He figured the best option was to re-examine Allistor, to maybe see what about him was causing him such anxiety. He pondered on the possibility that Allistor hated himself for being hurt in battle. Maybe he felt empty because he could not be the strong fortress that everyone expected him to be. Henry, who was still in Europe, probably felt the same way, given his tendency to hide all his own fears and anxieties. Reaching him emotionally was about as easy as pulling Excalibur out of a lake. "...A-Allistor has never...liked politics, from what I can tell. I...I don't know how he feels about his dad, though...I-I think I only saw them together once..." He vaguely remembered Aloysus and Mercillia, the power-couple of power-couples that ran the international Student-Mage Tournament. The heads of the International Committee. And Allistor's parents. "...He probably...is happy to be away from Europe, just like I am...b-but his parents...don't seem like mean people...or maybe...h-he had a lot of pressure put on him like me...Maybe he doesn't like them for the same reasons I...wanted to get away from my family..."

Focusing more on the closeness of Shaun and Allistor brought other complicated feelings. "...I...I wrote all my nightmares...in a journal...M-Maybe if I look at that, I-I can find a pattern...Something that will tell me...why I feel so...I dunno...So scared...conflicted...and..." And what? He did not know why he did not finish his statement. Perhaps some feeling deep inside at the core of his fears, which he did not want to admit existed. He gulped, somewhat saddened that he had already finished his drink. As uncomfortable as the burn was on his throat, for some reason it calmed his nerves and helped him to think. But maybe he did not need to think. Perhaps he already knew the answer. ...Alone...that's it... he admitted to himself, with a sigh that turned to frost in the air before him, I feel...alone...when I see them together now...Like I'm drifting out of their lives...Like...I never...had a chance... He pulled his scarf over his ears and nose, adjusting it so that it folded behind his ears. Tears fell and stung his cold cheeks.

"...I think...th-there was a time when I was in Europe...wh-when Kasumi was still here...I-I thought that...Shaun maybe...liked me..." He wiped his tears with a little fabric of the scarf, and continued, his voice muffled under the thick wool. "...Like...we spent...so much time together, a-and...I loved Kasumi, I did. B-But I always wondered...if someone else was...paying attention to me...I-I thought it was Shaun...but I was never sure...a-and...I was scared to ask...Or maybe Allistor...no, not Allistor...I don't know...I don't know..." He wished he had a hat he could pull over his eyes. He wanted to disappear. He did not know why he thought about these things now, when Kasumi was gone and when Shaun clearly had no interest in him. He missed Kasumi and Hikari. He missed Valerie. Gwyn and Lyn. His mind blurred and whirled, and a sob escaped his throat. "...I-I'm sorry...I wish I could explain better, but...I don't know how I'm feeling anymore..." Another sob, and Begnion stopped pattering along next to them.

Oliver listened intently to Soleil's thoughts. If anything, it was as if he disappeared entirely from his side as soon as he stopped trying to answer to his friend's fears.
However, he still found a way to make himself known with the occasional sloshing of the liquid in his flask hitting the metal.

'What is up with people and falling in love with Shaun. I don't get it.' He thought briefly before noticing Soleil started sobbing more and more as he tried to make sense of things. In response, Oliver put a hand on Soleil's head and gave him his blazer with an understanding smile. It looked much like a father's smile when he tried to comfort people, however, much unlike the usual, he seemed to be genuinely smiling without forcing himself.
"Hey, it's alright. You've seen a lot of people come and go, and unfortunately all of the ones that cared eventually left. It's okay to be confused, to cry and let go. I don't think Allistor's actually pushing you out of his life, and I don't think he forgot about you or wants to. If anything, I'm here. I can't promise I'll stay forever, but I'll stay as long as I can. Come talk to me if you need to vent, if anything, it'll get Begnion off my back."

However, as he mentioned Begnion, he looked back and saw that the dog had stopped following them.
It was rather odd, but not entirely unsurprising.

'... Something tells me I'm going to regret waking up today.' He thought, but remained just as calm as he was before.
"If it gets too bad, I'll be sure to make a lighter version of my brew so it can calm you down a notch. Being that stressed isn't good for you either. That said, please don't tell Henry or Allistor I got you drinking. They'd have my head."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon May 06, 2019 4:36 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine started the noodles, putting them in a pot of water and setting it to boil while she grabbed a colander from somewhere. She also found a skillet, which she placed to the side. She liked the newfound freedom that Sebastian had given her in the kitchen, and she was almost sad she would be leaving it in a couple of days. She hoped she would be able to do at least a little cooking at Mana. Imagine the lost heir of House Rise working as a cook in a magical school...Eh, not the worst place to be, and work is work..."Good! I'm glad to hear you like Italian food, one more thing I can keep in mind about you. And I can eat noodles five days a week, so I hope you don't ever mind leftovers!" Henry seemed to just be happy spending time around her, a concept which still baffled her mind, but also brought her comfort. She had been making him fresh meals, something she figured was necessary for a relationship, but he had not seemed very picky up to this point. As he mentioned that he wanted to skip the salad, however, she protested, "Hey! It's not that healthy! It's made with bacon! Since when has bacon ever been healthy?"

Henry von Kressel

"Let's see... Mana is huge. There's a certain peace in being away from the civilization: you can explore your Magic freely. The downside is that you are confined with people that know you are a mage. And that often implies in certain prejudices, so to speak, but... They eventually disappear or get reinforced. A normal, micro-society, I'd say.

The island is quite pleasant itself. Beautiful scenery, but don't be jealous, you're still prettier. And yes, the island gets it's good share of the fun from the groups we form, but nothing like your Spaniard nights.

You'll find things strange initially, but Rabbit is also a mom there, so that will make you feel more at home. Besides, you'll probably be at Ignis, same house I am... I wonder if you'll get partnered with Ambrosia..."

His mind trailed off to the work the chef would have to feed them both at the same time, and a small laughter escaped his mouth.

"Well, I'll get to see that soon. Until there, I'll consider if spilling sauce is a big infraction in Sebastian's book. But I doubt they would let you be a cook there... They might call you for a specialization there."

"...Sooooo you live around other Mages...which should be a good thing, but apparently some of them don't like each other...Well, sounds like any school then...I bet your school didn't have the kinds of fights mine did..." she snickered, as she removed the pasta from the pot. She put some of the pasta-water aside after draining it, and then got to work making the sauce. When Henry complimented her and said she was prettier than the school, she turned toward him and rolled her eyes again. "...Oh come on, now you're trying too hard. I don't care if a school is prettier than me, it means your school probably doesn't look like a war-zone. Which...is a good thing. And what do you know about my 'Spaniard nights' huh? Have you been asking Lady Sarah questions about me?" She chuckled as she stirred the sauce. "Act like I got into a fight or got in bed with a different guy every night...geez. I wonder what'll come-up if I ask you about your wild Mana escapades, huh?" She was grinning the whole time she taunted him, knowing that he was shyer and more easily teased than he let others know. "...But as for finding it strange, I'm sure it'll be just like any Magical school. I've seen at least three of them, you know my mom almost thought about putting me in the French school once Saturninus started going. I didn't want to. Did you know the Headmistress was...oh wait, you never actually met her, did you?..."

She remembered that Solaine had taken the place of the headmistress, who had either disappeared or had been killed. An investigation was ongoing, but nobody had found any results. "...But she was a snob. You know how expensive schools are, they wanna brag about the kids they have at their schools. 'We've taught the daughters and sons of kings, diplomats, politicians, and millionaires!' You know how it goes..." She then stopped ranting as she moved the pasta to the sauce-filled skillet, and began to fold the pasta into the sauce as quick as she could manage. "...Warm-up a couple plates for us while you're standing there, will ya? There's enough for at least six, go see if your mom and your aunt want any. And Rabbit and Sebastian, don't forget about them! Warm eight bowls, everyone's gonna get a little. I'll make dessert too!"

Eglantine spoke a mile a minute as she turned down the heat, and began to grab other ingredients for a dessert. She took a deep breath, not fatigued but rather caught in her work. "...Brownies is pretty quick and easy, huh? I'd say we'd use brownie mix, but I have a recipe..." She seemed to forget Henry was in the kitchen as she worked, waiting for him to warm the bowls as she spread her ingredients on the counter-top and grabbed a couple of bowls. "...Where is your beater again...ugh...I forget how much I liked having a kitchen where I knew where everything was...geez..." she mumbled. In the other room, Chloe and Michel had apparently stopped playing, as Chloe had fallen asleep on top of her new playmate. He was just able to look into the kitchen for a second, and he chuckled as he peeked at Henry in the kitchen. They really are a cute couple...but I hope they're not forgetting to also be friends...though...they seem to be doing fine so far... he thought, as he scratched Chloe's ears.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon May 06, 2019 8:34 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"N-No, I don't...I mean...Y-You don't have to talk to him for me...I...I can talk to him...b-but..." Allistor would probably be shocked and disturbed by some of Soleil's dreams, and he did not want to talk about those immediately. He figured the best option was to re-examine Allistor, to maybe see what about him was causing him such anxiety. He pondered on the possibility that Allistor hated himself for being hurt in battle. Maybe he felt empty because he could not be the strong fortress that everyone expected him to be. Henry, who was still in Europe, probably felt the same way, given his tendency to hide all his own fears and anxieties. Reaching him emotionally was about as easy as pulling Excalibur out of a lake. "...A-Allistor has never...liked politics, from what I can tell. I...I don't know how he feels about his dad, though...I-I think I only saw them together once..." He vaguely remembered Aloysus and Mercillia, the power-couple of power-couples that ran the international Student-Mage Tournament. The heads of the International Committee. And Allistor's parents. "...He probably...is happy to be away from Europe, just like I am...b-but his parents...don't seem like mean people...or maybe...h-he had a lot of pressure put on him like me...Maybe he doesn't like them for the same reasons I...wanted to get away from my family..."

Oliver listened intently to Soleil's thoughts. If anything, it was as if he disappeared entirely from his side as soon as he stopped trying to answer to his friend's fears.
However, he still found a way to make himself known with the occasional sloshing of the liquid in his flask hitting the metal.

'What is up with people and falling in love with Shaun. I don't get it.' He thought briefly before noticing Soleil started sobbing more and more as he tried to make sense of things. In response, Oliver put a hand on Soleil's head and gave him his blazer with an understanding smile. It looked much like a father's smile when he tried to comfort people, however, much unlike the usual, he seemed to be genuinely smiling without forcing himself.
"Hey, it's alright. You've seen a lot of people come and go, and unfortunately all of the ones that cared eventually left. It's okay to be confused, to cry and let go. I don't think Allistor's actually pushing you out of his life, and I don't think he forgot about you or wants to. If anything, I'm here. I can't promise I'll stay forever, but I'll stay as long as I can. Come talk to me if you need to vent, if anything, it'll get Begnion off my back."

However, as he mentioned Begnion, he looked back and saw that the dog had stopped following them.

'... Something tells me I'm going to regret waking up today.' He thought, but remained just as calm as he was before.
"If it gets too bad, I'll be sure to make a lighter version of my brew so it can calm you down a notch. Being that stressed isn't good for you either. That said, please don't tell Henry or Allistor I got you drinking. They'd have my head."

Soleil felt the added warmth of Oliver’s blazer, and he stopped sobbing for a moment to feel the soft, thick fabric around his arms and shoulders. Realizing he was wearing three layers and a scarf already, he felt guilty accepting his friend’s coat. “N-No, you need to wear this more than me! I have lots of warm clothes...Here...b-but...thank you...” He took the blazer and handed it back to Oliver with care, knowing that he had given it to him with kind intent. Oliver had tried to assuage his fears also, promising him that he would stick around Sol as long as he could. The younger boy swallowed some of his tears, and then smiled.

“...Th-Thank you so much...y-you’re a good friend...Um...and I promise I won’t drink too much...It might interfere with my studies...” He giggled, wiping some stray tears from his eyes as he thought of himself trying to study while drunk. He was not drunk now, but he felt the strange, air-headed sensation that came from stepping just a little over one’s alcohol tolerance. “...I...I think I might talk to Allistor later...we...haven’t talked very much at all in the last two weeks, and...I think maybe we should talk. He also promised to spar with me when he got home. Though...I-I don’t know if...he’s up for that quite yet.”

The snow around them seemed to fall less and less, as time passed and daylight fell over the white campus. Seeing Mana’s buildings and trees covered in snow gave it a fairytale look, that of a castle far away in some storybook world. Yet this was indeed in America. Lake Superior was frozen solid in some places now, and in some places the ice was still a little thin. If one looked across the courtyard, they could see a faint glimpse of the beach, and of the shoreline of the lake. Given the air on campus had now only touched freezing, the faintest warmth sprinkled the backs of the two boys and Begnion, as they stood outside.

“...Should we go get breakfast?...Or should we go back to the library?...It’s Saturday, we don’t have class...I-I just want to eat and then sleep...Or...maybe we could hang out! Play video games maybe?” He was torn between wanting to spend time with his friend and trying to get his well-needed sleep. He picked-up Begnion, whose paws he was sure were quite cold, and he huddled the small white puppy in his jacket. “...What do you think?...”
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue May 07, 2019 6:21 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry von Kressel

"...Sooooo you live around other Mages...which should be a good thing, but apparently some of them don't like each other...Well, sounds like any school then...I bet your school didn't have the kinds of fights mine did..." she snickered, as she removed the pasta from the pot. She put some of the pasta-water aside after draining it, and then got to work making the sauce. When Henry complimented her and said she was prettier than the school, she turned toward him and rolled her eyes again. "...Oh come on, now you're trying too hard. I don't care if a school is prettier than me, it means your school probably doesn't look like a war-zone. Which...is a good thing. And what do you know about my 'Spaniard nights' huh? Have you been asking Lady Sarah questions about me?" She chuckled as she stirred the sauce. "Act like I got into a fight or got in bed with a different guy every night...geez. I wonder what'll come-up if I ask you about your wild Mana escapades, huh?" She was grinning the whole time she taunted him, knowing that he was shyer and more easily teased than he let others know. "...But as for finding it strange, I'm sure it'll be just like any Magical school. I've seen at least three of them, you know my mom almost thought about putting me in the French school once Saturninus started going. I didn't want to. Did you know the Headmistress was...oh wait, you never actually met her, did you?..."

She remembered that Solaine had taken the place of the headmistress, who had either disappeared or had been killed. An investigation was ongoing, but nobody had found any results. "...But she was a snob. You know how expensive schools are, they wanna brag about the kids they have at their schools. 'We've taught the daughters and sons of kings, diplomats, politicians, and millionaires!' You know how it goes..." She then stopped ranting as she moved the pasta to the sauce-filled skillet, and began to fold the pasta into the sauce as quick as she could manage. "...Warm-up a couple plates for us while you're standing there, will ya? There's enough for at least six, go see if your mom and your aunt want any. And Rabbit and Sebastian, don't forget about them! Warm eight bowls, everyone's gonna get a little. I'll make dessert too!"

Eglantine spoke a mile a minute as she turned down the heat, and began to grab other ingredients for a dessert. She took a deep breath, not fatigued but rather caught in her work. "...Brownies is pretty quick and easy, huh? I'd say we'd use brownie mix, but I have a recipe..." She seemed to forget Henry was in the kitchen as she worked, waiting for him to warm the bowls as she spread her ingredients on the counter-top and grabbed a couple of bowls. "...Where is your beater again...ugh...I forget how much I liked having a kitchen where I knew where everything was...geez..." she mumbled. In the other room, Chloe and Michel had apparently stopped playing, as Chloe had fallen asleep on top of her new playmate. He was just able to look into the kitchen for a second, and he chuckled as he peeked at Henry in the kitchen. They really are a cute couple...but I hope they're not forgetting to also be friends...though...they seem to be doing fine so far... he thought, as he scratched Chloe's ears.

Henry von Kressel

"I have serious doubts about the bed part, Ms. Serial Heartbreaker, but odds are you have an interesting night x fight ratio in Spain... And my Mana 'escapades' involved fighting demons and a few crazy people. Same about my Parisian escapades, the Austrian escapades, the German and Polish ones..."

He couldn't help but laugh at his own lack of luck. He wasn't lying: even when there was a romantic intention in his escapes from a few of his obligations, they always seemed to involve trouble in any degree.

"I never actually met the Headmistress, but let's just say Solaine did an excellent job impersonating her. 'Parlez-vous français, monsieur von Kressel? If not we'll certainly arrange a translator! Send my regards to your father! Au revoir!' and the usual things... Mana lacks that kind of thing, at least institutionally. Students still gather around their 'equals', but teachers have a rule of treating everyone equally."

With a gesture of hand, Henry warmed up the plates using magic, heating them up as Eglantine seemed to run a marathon to get everything in place. Calmly, Henry just stared at her with a smile across his face.

"Eglantine... We already have dessert. Sebastian was scared about the possible implications of leaving you without chocolate, so he bought... A small stock, let's leave at that. And yes, my mother and my aunt will definitely want to eat. Kaiser, rescue Michel please!"

The big dog slowly walked to Michel, who laid on the ground serving as a mattress to the small puppy. Once more, Kaiser gently picked her up with his teeth, and carried her to a couch, placing her against the pillows to sleep comfortably, before returning to his owner.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue May 07, 2019 12:23 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:

Soleil felt the added warmth of Oliver’s blazer, and he stopped sobbing for a moment to feel the soft, thick fabric around his arms and shoulders. Realizing he was wearing three layers and a scarf already, he felt guilty accepting his friend’s coat. “N-No, you need to wear this more than me! I have lots of warm clothes...Here...b-but...thank you...” He took the blazer and handed it back to Oliver with care, knowing that he had given it to him with kind intent. Oliver had tried to assuage his fears also, promising him that he would stick around Sol as long as he could. The younger boy swallowed some of his tears, and then smiled.

“...Th-Thank you so much...y-you’re a good friend...Um...and I promise I won’t drink too much...It might interfere with my studies...” He giggled, wiping some stray tears from his eyes as he thought of himself trying to study while drunk. He was not drunk now, but he felt the strange, air-headed sensation that came from stepping just a little over one’s alcohol tolerance. “...I...I think I might talk to Allistor later...we...haven’t talked very much at all in the last two weeks, and...I think maybe we should talk. He also promised to spar with me when he got home. Though...I-I don’t know if...he’s up for that quite yet.”

The snow around them seemed to fall less and less, as time passed and daylight fell over the white campus. Seeing Mana’s buildings and trees covered in snow gave it a fairytale look, that of a castle far away in some storybook world. Yet this was indeed in America. Lake Superior was frozen solid in some places now, and in some places the ice was still a little thin. If one looked across the courtyard, they could see a faint glimpse of the beach, and of the shoreline of the lake. Given the air on campus had now only touched freezing, the faintest warmth sprinkled the backs of the two boys and Begnion, as they stood outside.

“...Should we go get breakfast?...Or should we go back to the library?...It’s Saturday, we don’t have class...I-I just want to eat and then sleep...Or...maybe we could hang out! Play video games maybe?” He was torn between wanting to spend time with his friend and trying to get his well-needed sleep. He picked-up Begnion, whose paws he was sure were quite cold, and he huddled the small white puppy in his jacket. “...What do you think?...”

"I wouldn't be against hanging out, but let's eat first, yeah? I haven't eaten since... Last morning I think." He shrugged and put his blazer back on. He was one of those people that had trouble feeling cold unless it regarded his hands.
His hands, through annoying genetics, had some trouble letting blood flow all the way, making them incredibly cold at inopportune times.
"I also need to put my hand through some hot water. It's starting to hurt." Shaking his right hand, the only one still organic, he grumbled and put it in his pocket.

"Though you're sure you don't want to train a little bit more before facing Allistor? Beaten though he may be, his ice rivals my metal or your constructs by a large margin." Oliver inquired, taking a swig of his flask.
"Not saying you wouldn't be able to give him a little bit of trouble, but still."

A moment of silence followed as the only sound that could be heard was Begnion's breathing.
"I wonder what I should cook. Fried chicken maybe... Caramelized pork... Nah. Fried chicken, fried chicken and potatoes."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue May 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...Sooooo you live around other Mages...which should be a good thing, but apparently some of them don't like each other...Well, sounds like any school then...I bet your school didn't have the kinds of fights mine did..." she snickered, as she removed the pasta from the pot. She put some of the pasta-water aside after draining it, and then got to work making the sauce. When Henry complimented her and said she was prettier than the school, she turned toward him and rolled her eyes again. "...Oh come on, now you're trying too hard. I don't care if a school is prettier than me, it means your school probably doesn't look like a war-zone. Which...is a good thing. And what do you know about my 'Spaniard nights' huh? Have you been asking Lady Sarah questions about me?" She chuckled as she stirred the sauce. "Act like I got into a fight or got in bed with a different guy every night...geez. I wonder what'll come-up if I ask you about your wild Mana escapades, huh?" She was grinning the whole time she taunted him, knowing that he was shyer and more easily teased than he let others know. "...But as for finding it strange, I'm sure it'll be just like any Magical school. I've seen at least three of them, you know my mom almost thought about putting me in the French school once Saturninus started going. I didn't want to. Did you know the Headmistress was...oh wait, you never actually met her, did you?..."

Henry von Kressel

"I have serious doubts about the bed part, Ms. Serial Heartbreaker, but odds are you have an interesting night x fight ratio in Spain... And my Mana 'escapades' involved fighting demons and a few crazy people. Same about my Parisian escapades, the Austrian escapades, the German and Polish ones..."

He couldn't help but laugh at his own lack of luck. He wasn't lying: even when there was a romantic intention in his escapes from a few of his obligations, they always seemed to involve trouble in any degree.

"I never actually met the Headmistress, but let's just say Solaine did an excellent job impersonating her. 'Parlez-vous français, monsieur von Kressel? If not we'll certainly arrange a translator! Send my regards to your father! Au revoir!' and the usual things... Mana lacks that kind of thing, at least institutionally. Students still gather around their 'equals', but teachers have a rule of treating everyone equally."

With a gesture of hand, Henry warmed up the plates using magic, heating them up as Eglantine seemed to run a marathon to get everything in place. Calmly, Henry just stared at her with a smile across his face.

"Eglantine... We already have dessert. Sebastian was scared about the possible implications of leaving you without chocolate, so he bought... A small stock, let's leave at that. And yes, my mother and my aunt will definitely want to eat. Kaiser, rescue Michel please!"

The big dog slowly walked to Michel, who laid on the ground serving as a mattress to the small puppy. Once more, Kaiser gently picked her up with his teeth, and carried her to a couch, placing her against the pillows to sleep comfortably, before returning to his owner.

Eglantine raised an eyebrow as Henry called her "Ms. Serial Heartbreaker", but she chuckled when he mentioned fights. "I've had a lot more fights than I've had boyfriends. I can tell you at least that much," she suggested. She found his mention of his own problems with women to be surprising, but given he had stated before that he had at least one ex, such a past was not that shocking. Henry had lived a sheltered life, but that did not mean he had never interacted with girls. His other times dating girls, however, had been riddled with disasters and battles that had distracted him from dating. This time had been no different, and they would probably encounter at least some difficulties at Mana. She was unsure what would possibly haunt them at Mana, but tigers could not change their stripes, nor could they tear them off and bury them somewhere in a ditch. Trouble followed Henry wherever he went, and so it would follow her.

At least the teachers, or at least one of them, would be pleasant. She was interested to see what sorts of friendships Henry had made as well, and whether he had ventured outside of making friends in Nobleblood Houses or not. Then again, she was doubtful that many non-Nobleblood people would be at this Magical school. Most were just private schools for wealthy Magical kids, but perhaps the American school would be different. She took a deep breath and reminded herself to continue cooking, but Henry stopped her as she began to count all her ingredients. He had prepared for dinner, and had gotten Sebastian to get chocolate for dessert. Halting her work, she turned and stared at him. "...What kind of chocolate? Cake? Cookies? Truffles? Or all three? My birthday's not for another seven months, you know," she joked.

In the meantime, Kaiser approached Michel, who smirked up at the big dog and pet his head. "Hey there, big guy. You've become kind of like a mom for Chloe, haven't you? Except you're a boy-dog, of course," he joked. As Kaiser moved Chloe off his chest, he sat upright and watched the older dog bring the puppy to the couch, where she continued to sleep. She would be awake in a few minutes, but until then, the house was peaceful once again. He decided he would go get Sarah himself, while Henry and Eglantine were talking, and as Eglantine asked him about the chocolate, he jumped to his feet, stretched, and walked to her room. Knocking on the door, he called, "Hey, Sarah, I heard you like breaking bones. I'd say I'm absolutely rattled, but I would only be ribbing you. Also, before you punch me through the door, supper's ready!"
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 08, 2019 4:03 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil felt the added warmth of Oliver’s blazer, and he stopped sobbing for a moment to feel the soft, thick fabric around his arms and shoulders. Realizing he was wearing three layers and a scarf already, he felt guilty accepting his friend’s coat. “N-No, you need to wear this more than me! I have lots of warm clothes...Here...b-but...thank you...” He took the blazer and handed it back to Oliver with care, knowing that he had given it to him with kind intent. Oliver had tried to assuage his fears also, promising him that he would stick around Sol as long as he could. The younger boy swallowed some of his tears, and then smiled.

"I wouldn't be against hanging out, but let's eat first, yeah? I haven't eaten since... Last morning I think." He shrugged and put his blazer back on. He was one of those people that had trouble feeling cold unless it regarded his hands.
His hands, through annoying genetics, had some trouble letting blood flow all the way, making them incredibly cold at inopportune times.
"I also need to put my hand through some hot water. It's starting to hurt." Shaking his right hand, the only one still organic, he grumbled and put it in his pocket.

"Though you're sure you don't want to train a little bit more before facing Allistor? Beaten though he may be, his ice rivals my metal or your constructs by a large margin." Oliver inquired, taking a swig of his flask.
"Not saying you wouldn't be able to give him a little bit of trouble, but still."

A moment of silence followed as the only sound that could be heard was Begnion's breathing.
"I wonder what I should cook. Fried chicken maybe... Caramelized pork... Nah. Fried chicken, fried chicken and potatoes."

"Yeah, this is why we should probably go...indoors...W-We can go check-out my books and get my stuff...and then head to the cafeteria!...A-And you need to keep your hand wrapped! That way it doesn't get frostbite. I'm worried that...my ears are getting cold, too..." Soleil commented. He led Oliver to the cozy library, and found his belongings in the back of the library. When he got his books, he decided to check them out, and smiled as he looked around the library again. I should come here more often...It's nice and toasty during the winter, he mused. After he finished this chore and put his books in his backpack, he walked with Oliver back out into the brisk morning, and toward the main hall. In the meantime, he thought about how Oliver mentioned taking some caution before fighting Allistor. On one hand, he was right. He had hardly survived a battle against Alphonsus, who had been merciless and who had destroyed all of his Magical barriers. Of course, that was several weeks ago. I...I have to have grown a little in my skills since Allistor left...right?...I think I've gotten better...why...why couldn't I face him?...

As they entered the building, which was also warm and toasty, he took off his overcoat and stuffed it into his jacket. He then turned to Oliver and answered, "...Maybe I do need training, but...I-I do want to face him at some point. I just hope...that he's getting well...I've been checking on him everyday, but...I don't know...He doesn't get out of his bed much, even...Something else is wrong..." He knew that Allistor was a powerful Mage, but emotions also tampered with one's ability to control Mana. He had been unable to perform Magic himself for some time, after his back had been badly injured in Paris, and he had lost his will to do anything. Ironically, Allistor had been the person to revive his will to live, to use Magic, through the power of his Ice Magic and music. He wondered if he could ever do the same to heal him. "...I wonder...There's something I might be able to try with my Wind Magic...that maybe could revive his spirits...but I have to practice..." For now he was thinking out-loud, but he hoped Oliver would hear him and would not simply walk away.

"HALLO!"

Just at that moment, Ambrosia popped into view from seemingly nowhere, standing with two mugs of hot chocolate, which she somehow did not spill while hopping toward them. She handed each of them a cup, and grinned. "I saw both of you outside in the cold, and I um...I wanted to make sure you got nice and warm when you came in here! What were you two doing outside?! I ran in here as soon as I got up, it's too cold to go outside!" Dressed in a pink, fur-trimmed princess-coat, a short, blush-pink dress, white leggings, and brown boots, she looked bright and sugar-sweet as usual. Of course, when she saw Oliver, she got a little more flustered, but one could not tell that she was flustered given how pink her face already was. She had been eating plenty of hot food, as one could tell from the three half-empty trays of pancakes, pastries, eggs, and hash browns at her table, as well as three cups of hot chocolate. "Of course, if you guys want a snowball fight, that's a different story! It's better for me, now that I think about it, going outside when the clouds are covering the sun...So whatcha been doing? You looked like you were talking about something important!"
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed May 08, 2019 5:37 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:

"Yeah, this is why we should probably go...indoors...W-We can go check-out my books and get my stuff...and then head to the cafeteria!...A-And you need to keep your hand wrapped! That way it doesn't get frostbite. I'm worried that...my ears are getting cold, too..." Soleil commented. He led Oliver to the cozy library, and found his belongings in the back of the library. When he got his books, he decided to check them out, and smiled as he looked around the library again. I should come here more often...It's nice and toasty during the winter, he mused. After he finished this chore and put his books in his backpack, he walked with Oliver back out into the brisk morning, and toward the main hall. In the meantime, he thought about how Oliver mentioned taking some caution before fighting Allistor. On one hand, he was right. He had hardly survived a battle against Alphonsus, who had been merciless and who had destroyed all of his Magical barriers. Of course, that was several weeks ago. I...I have to have grown a little in my skills since Allistor left...right?...I think I've gotten better...why...why couldn't I face him?...

As they entered the building, which was also warm and toasty, he took off his overcoat and stuffed it into his jacket. He then turned to Oliver and answered, "...Maybe I do need training, but...I-I do want to face him at some point. I just hope...that he's getting well...I've been checking on him everyday, but...I don't know...He doesn't get out of his bed much, even...Something else is wrong..." He knew that Allistor was a powerful Mage, but emotions also tampered with one's ability to control Mana. He had been unable to perform Magic himself for some time, after his back had been badly injured in Paris, and he had lost his will to do anything. Ironically, Allistor had been the person to revive his will to live, to use Magic, through the power of his Ice Magic and music. He wondered if he could ever do the same to heal him. "...I wonder...There's something I might be able to try with my Wind Magic...that maybe could revive his spirits...but I have to practice..." For now he was thinking out-loud, but he hoped Oliver would hear him and would not simply walk away.

"HALLO!"

Just at that moment, Ambrosia popped into view from seemingly nowhere, standing with two mugs of hot chocolate, which she somehow did not spill while hopping toward them. She handed each of them a cup, and grinned. "I saw both of you outside in the cold, and I um...I wanted to make sure you got nice and warm when you came in here! What were you two doing outside?! I ran in here as soon as I got up, it's too cold to go outside!" Dressed in a pink, fur-trimmed princess-coat, a short, blush-pink dress, white leggings, and brown boots, she looked bright and sugar-sweet as usual. Of course, when she saw Oliver, she got a little more flustered, but one could not tell that she was flustered given how pink her face already was. She had been eating plenty of hot food, as one could tell from the three half-empty trays of pancakes, pastries, eggs, and hash browns at her table, as well as three cups of hot chocolate. "Of course, if you guys want a snowball fight, that's a different story! It's better for me, now that I think about it, going outside when the clouds are covering the sun...So whatcha been doing? You looked like you were talking about something important!"

"No idea what you're about to try and do to him, but if you think it'll work after some experimentation, then you might as well do it. And if anything, it shouldn't be a catastrophic failure either. Hell, chances are you'll both laugh at yourselves if it does." Oliver answered, half thinking about the food he should make and half listening to Soleil continue on his thoughts.
"If his emotions are bothering him that much, then getting him to laugh is your best bet anyway."

Though the passage between the warm library and the outside once more made Oliver's hand tense up some more in response, it quickly relaxed as a familiar girl suddenly appeared in his vision.

"Look who it is, my future wife." He smirked at Soleil lightly with an unfamiliar teasing glint in his eyes as he looked back at Ambrosia, saying it just loud enough for the friendly neighborhood vampire to hear the phrase entirely.
He, however, much welcomed the cup of hot chocolate with his cold hand, but not before giving a light tap on Ambrosia's nose. His eye twitching in pain as he bore the brunt of the difference in heat with his very, very cold hand when grabbing the mug.
"Oh you know, we've been talking about all sorts of things, insomnia, dreams, and how you somehow always appear to be a threat to both my heart, and piles of pancakes. I see you've already started your onslaught, too." With a light smile, he pointed to the pile of pancakes, then his chest.

It wasn't too hard to figure when Ambrosia got flustered, and throughout the weeks and times Oliver spent with Ambrosia, he mastered the art of prodding her, half playfully half seriously. Though, with the constant changing of masks Oliver practiced, nobody really knew what was on his mind.
That said, it wasn't like Ambrosia hadn't tried to fight back during those times.
"Given how most of the video games I have are retro/single player games, I think a snowball fight might be more interesting. I'll just have to get some gloves. And some food, too."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 08, 2019 6:15 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Yeah, this is why we should probably go...indoors...W-We can go check-out my books and get my stuff...and then head to the cafeteria!...A-And you need to keep your hand wrapped! That way it doesn't get frostbite. I'm worried that...my ears are getting cold, too..." Soleil commented. He led Oliver to the cozy library, and found his belongings in the back of the library. When he got his books, he decided to check them out, and smiled as he looked around the library again. I should come here more often...It's nice and toasty during the winter, he mused. After he finished this chore and put his books in his backpack, he walked with Oliver back out into the brisk morning, and toward the main hall. In the meantime, he thought about how Oliver mentioned taking some caution before fighting Allistor. On one hand, he was right. He had hardly survived a battle against Alphonsus, who had been merciless and who had destroyed all of his Magical barriers. Of course, that was several weeks ago. I...I have to have grown a little in my skills since Allistor left...right?...I think I've gotten better...why...why couldn't I face him?...

"HALLO!"

"No idea what you're about to try and do to him, but if you think it'll work after some experimentation, then you might as well do it. And if anything, it shouldn't be a catastrophic failure either. Hell, chances are you'll both laugh at yourselves if it does." Oliver answered, half thinking about the food he should make and half listening to Soleil continue on his thoughts.
"If his emotions are bothering him that much, then getting him to laugh is your best bet anyway."

Though the passage between the warm library and the outside once more made Oliver's hand tense up some more in response, it quickly relaxed as a familiar girl suddenly appeared in his vision.

"Look who it is, my future wife." He smirked at Soleil lightly with an unfamiliar teasing glint in his eyes as he looked back at Ambrosia, saying it just loud enough for the friendly neighborhood vampire to hear the phrase entirely.
He, however, much welcomed the cup of hot chocolate with his cold hand, but not before giving a light tap on Ambrosia's nose. His eye twitching in pain as he bore the brunt of the difference in heat with his very, very cold hand when grabbing the mug.
"Oh you know, we've been talking about all sorts of things, insomnia, dreams, and how you somehow always appear to be a threat to both my heart, and piles of pancakes. I see you've already started your onslaught, too." With a light smile, he pointed to the pile of pancakes, then his chest.

It wasn't too hard to figure when Ambrosia got flustered, and throughout the weeks and times Oliver spent with Ambrosia, he mastered the art of prodding her, half playfully half seriously. Though, with the constant changing of masks Oliver practiced, nobody really knew what was on his mind.
That said, it wasn't like Ambrosia hadn't tried to fight back during those times.
"Given how most of the video games I have are retro/single player games, I think a snowball fight might be more interesting. I'll just have to get some gloves. And some food, too."

"Look who it is, my future wife!"

Ambrosia felt her face glow as Oliver started the onslaught of teasing and affection. She felt herself shaking, and she concentrated to keep herself from spilling all her hot chocolate. When he booped her nose, she felt herself shaking even more, and she lost the ability to formulate words. In her mind, however, words spilled and poured through her brain, as she tried to think of a proper response. Ohmygoshdidhejustcallmehisfuturewifewait...What if he's just teasing me? No, what if he's for real? I haven't seen a wedding ring on his finger! Nobody here has taken him! Butwhatifit'sjustajokeI'mjustajoke...no...Nonono but he said earlier that he likes me...right?! To Oliver and Soleil, her thoughts only translated into mumbling, "...Uhhhhhh...uhhhhhhhhh...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

Soleil gently received his cup, and smiled at Oliver, a little surprised by his friend's sudden desire to flirt. He did not know what Oliver planned to accomplish, so he decided to go get a platter of food. When he came back to the two teens, Ambrosia was still confused and standing with a dazed look in her eyes. "...Uhhh...Ambrosia? Are you...okay?" He waved his hand in front of her face, and when he got no response, he started eating his chocolate doughnut on his plate.

I'M A THREAT TO HIS HEART!!!! OH MY GOSH HE LIKES ME!!! HE REALLY DOES LIKE ME!!!! HereallylikesmeshouldIflirtback?! NO! Play it cool! Guys like it when you play hard-to-get! Bat your lashes at him and do that...like...the shoulder thing! Like they do in the movies! NO! HE WANTS TO DO A SNOWBALL FIGHT WITH YOU!!! YOU HAVE. TO STAY. CALM. "...Retro games?...Um...I like...um...r-retro games too...if you like that...um...I like..." WHAT IS A RETRO VIDEO GAME?! Um...um...umm...ummmmmmmmm... "...Halo!" Wait, what?! You've never played Halo! You've never played any games with guns! NO NO NO YOU'RE GONNA BLOW IT! HE'LL THINK YOU'RE COOL WHEN YOU'RE NOT!!!

"...I've never played that...We could do a snowball fight, and then go inside and play video games! Why not do that?" Soleil suggested, after swallowing his chocolate doughnut and starting on a powdered doughnut. He felt happy to eat something warm and fresh, after being outside in the snow. He already felt a little better than he had in a couple of weeks, but Oliver's words stuck with him as he ate. Anything was worth a try, to try and help Allistor. After we play games, maybe, I'll go tell Allistor hi...
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed May 08, 2019 7:08 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:

"Look who it is, my future wife!"

Ambrosia felt her face glow as Oliver started the onslaught of teasing and affection. She felt herself shaking, and she concentrated to keep herself from spilling all her hot chocolate. When he booped her nose, she felt herself shaking even more, and she lost the ability to formulate words. In her mind, however, words spilled and poured through her brain, as she tried to think of a proper response. Ohmygoshdidhejustcallmehisfuturewifewait...What if he's just teasing me? No, what if he's for real? I haven't seen a wedding ring on his finger! Nobody here has taken him! Butwhatifit'sjustajokeI'mjustajoke...no...Nonono but he said earlier that he likes me...right?! To Oliver and Soleil, her thoughts only translated into mumbling, "...Uhhhhhh...uhhhhhhhhh...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

Soleil gently received his cup, and smiled at Oliver, a little surprised by his friend's sudden desire to flirt. He did not know what Oliver planned to accomplish, so he decided to go get a platter of food. When he came back to the two teens, Ambrosia was still confused and standing with a dazed look in her eyes. "...Uhhh...Ambrosia? Are you...okay?" He waved his hand in front of her face, and when he got no response, he started eating his chocolate doughnut on his plate.

I'M A THREAT TO HIS HEART!!!! OH MY GOSH HE LIKES ME!!! HE REALLY DOES LIKE ME!!!! HereallylikesmeshouldIflirtback?! NO! Play it cool! Guys like it when you play hard-to-get! Bat your lashes at him and do that...like...the shoulder thing! Like they do in the movies! NO! HE WANTS TO DO A SNOWBALL FIGHT WITH YOU!!! YOU HAVE. TO STAY. CALM. "...Retro games?...Um...I like...um...r-retro games too...if you like that...um...I like..." WHAT IS A RETRO VIDEO GAME?! Um...um...umm...ummmmmmmmm... "...Halo!" Wait, what?! You've never played Halo! You've never played any games with guns! NO NO NO YOU'RE GONNA BLOW IT! HE'LL THINK YOU'RE COOL WHEN YOU'RE NOT!!!

"...I've never played that...We could do a snowball fight, and then go inside and play video games! Why not do that?" Soleil suggested, after swallowing his chocolate doughnut and starting on a powdered doughnut. He felt happy to eat something warm and fresh, after being outside in the snow. He already felt a little better than he had in a couple of weeks, but Oliver's words stuck with him as he ate. Anything was worth a try, to try and help Allistor. After we play games, maybe, I'll go tell Allistor hi...

"Oh bozhe moj, I think I broke her." Oliver chuckled before getting some pan fried potatoes and a steak, seeing as there was no fried chicken in the menu for once. 'Oh well, I'll just make some myself.' He thought, quickly rejoining with Soleil and putting a chair close to Ambrosia so she would avoid falling on the floor if she were to overheat.
Staring at her with an amused smile a raised eyebrow, he waited for her answer as to what she thought was a retro game. In truth, he didn't expect anything, he wasn't even sure if Ambrosia had even touched video games before, beyond maybe phone games to pass the time.

As she managed to stammer out Halo, Oliver shrugged.
"Ah, well I'll have to disappoint you. I don't have Halo and I'm much more of a Fire Emblem fan in terms of retro, but I do have some games that can be played in multiplayer." Again, the teasing glint reappeared with a smile turning into an almost smug grin, like a fox cornering its prey, he followed. "Like, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime for instance. It's a pretty intense game if you're not prepared to cooperate with your partner."
Leaving that thought just long enough for her to make her own conclusions, he followed up with the actual goal of the game.
"Handling a spaceship when each player has to man a station that handles different parts of the ship and has to run from one to the other to cover everything in the map in record time is quite hard to do, especially if you're not prepared to communicate where you are or what you're doing to the others."

He looked at Soleil again, this time, his teasing smile mostly faded and turned into a mild, yet content look.
"If we're not too tired after the snowball fight, I'd be up for that. Of course, I have other ones if this doesn't sound like something you'd like."

In response to all the teasing and switching back and forth between flirting and looking somewhat normal, Begnion growled at his master, signalling him to cut it out before he got involved.
"You'd do the same, don't lie to me." Oliver answered the dog, putting a finger on his nose, which ended up being swatted away.
"Fine, this is the most you've seen me smile in months and you tell me to stop. What a terrible guardian you are."
Begnion followed with a whine that sounded as close as a dog could get to a sarcastic 'Of course I am.'

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu May 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Look who it is, my future wife!"

"Oh bozhe moj, I think I broke her." Oliver chuckled before getting some pan fried potatoes and a steak, seeing as there was no fried chicken in the menu for once. 'Oh well, I'll just make some myself.' He thought, quickly rejoining with Soleil and putting a chair close to Ambrosia so she would avoid falling on the floor if she were to overheat.
Staring at her with an amused smile a raised eyebrow, he waited for her answer as to what she thought was a retro game. In truth, he didn't expect anything, he wasn't even sure if Ambrosia had even touched video games before, beyond maybe phone games to pass the time.

As she managed to stammer out Halo, Oliver shrugged.
"Ah, well I'll have to disappoint you. I don't have Halo and I'm much more of a Fire Emblem fan in terms of retro, but I do have some games that can be played in multiplayer." Again, the teasing glint reappeared with a smile turning into an almost smug grin, like a fox cornering its prey, he followed. "Like, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime for instance. It's a pretty intense game if you're not prepared to cooperate with your partner."
Leaving that thought just long enough for her to make her own conclusions, he followed up with the actual goal of the game.
"Handling a spaceship when each player has to man a station that handles different parts of the ship and has to run from one to the other to cover everything in the map in record time is quite hard to do, especially if you're not prepared to communicate where you are or what you're doing to the others."

He looked at Soleil again, this time, his teasing smile mostly faded and turned into a mild, yet content look.
"If we're not too tired after the snowball fight, I'd be up for that. Of course, I have other ones if this doesn't sound like something you'd like."

In response to all the teasing and switching back and forth between flirting and looking somewhat normal, Begnion growled at his master, signalling him to cut it out before he got involved.
"You'd do the same, don't lie to me." Oliver answered the dog, putting a finger on his nose, which ended up being swatted away.
"Fine, this is the most you've seen me smile in months and you tell me to stop. What a terrible guardian you are."
Begnion followed with a whine that sounded as close as a dog could get to a sarcastic 'Of course I am.'

...He doesn't even play Halo, you dummy. He likes RPGs! Think of an old anime game! C'mon, you can do it... "I like Zelda, actually, too! Um..." He mentioned a different game, one she had never heard about, and she trailed-off. It was some indie game, but from the title it sounded...romantic? She wondered what sort of game that was, but she was willing to play it with him if it meant she spent time with him. "...Okay! W-We can play that game too...If you want, I mean...um..." She twirled a strand of her hair around her finger, and she stared toward the floor. She felt so awkward now, with the butterflies finally settling in her stomach. She had never played a whole lot of video games, but she would be quite happy to spend some time with Oliver. She did not know Soleil quite as well, but judging by what she saw outside, she figured he might need a little company as well.

"I'd like to play it! We could build our teamwork skills by playing a video game! It's just a little cold to train outside anyway..." Soleil explained, as he put away a third doughnut. He worried he was going to get fat if he continued eating so many doughnuts, but he felt as though he was craving sweets quite a lot today. Maybe nerves had overtaken him. "...Then again...maybe some exercise in the afternoon would not be a bad idea..." He was not quite sure what he wanted to do with the rest of his day after he spent time with Oliver and Ambrosia, though he was glad to just enjoy the company for now...

Mana-Allistor's Room

Around 7 AM, Cecily popped into Allistor's room to check on the recovering student. Wearing a heavy, peacock-blue pea coat over her outfit, she hurried into the room while carrying the hot food she had grabbed for him from the kitchen. He had been out of the infirmary for a while, and now was allowed to rest in his room during the day. He received tutoring in his room as well, after the teachers seemed to notice that he had no intentions of getting out the bed to go to class. John and Cecily took turns, though Cecily was somewhat better at relaying the material to him. She was gentler with him, whereas John was quick and blunt. As she was not entirely sure if he was awake, she tip-toed to his nightstand and brought him his food, a hot platter of fried eggs, ham, toast, and a chocolate doughnut. She also brought him tea, as she had taken notice that he did not like coffee from the cafeteria. "...Good morning, Allistor...I brought your breakfast, if you want to eat. How are you feeling?" she whispered, as she looked over at him in the dark.
-Alan Jackson

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse