NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri May 03, 2019 5:52 am

The Orion Islands wrote:TNS, could you please put a common word in your articles so I can find them easy?

Yeah, I can start adding a tagline
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 03, 2019 6:48 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:TNS, could you please put a common word in your articles so I can find them easy?

Thanks. I do not like going through 100+ pages of IC to find articles.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri May 03, 2019 7:03 am

The Orion Islands wrote:

Thanks. I do not like going through 100+ pages of IC to find articles.

You can find most of them just by searching "TNS" which is how I've usually done it

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 03, 2019 7:18 am

The Orion Islands wrote:Thanks. I do not like going through 100+ pages of IC to find articles.

You can find most of them just by searching "TNS" which is how I've usually done it

This IC only has one article I can find like that.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri May 03, 2019 8:04 am

The Orion Islands wrote:

This IC only has one article I can find like that.

I did use that outro line more often earlier

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pantorrum » Fri May 03, 2019 10:04 am

Just bought the XR :D so my first post returning as White will be made from this fine tech :p
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018

Postby Granluras » Fri May 03, 2019 10:20 am

Pantorrum wrote:Just bought the XR :D so my first post returning as White will be made from this fine tech :p

What a dandy investment.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 03, 2019 10:43 am

Granluras wrote:
Pantorrum wrote:Just bought the XR :D so my first post returning as White will be made from this fine tech :p

What a dandy investment.

I'm still on the 6. This summer, I hope to upgrade to the 7.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 03, 2019 11:03 am

How much better is the XR than the X? I thought about upgrading but I might hold out for the 11.
Last edited by Velahor on Fri May 03, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri May 03, 2019 6:27 pm

Fuck it im done waiting I have other stuff to do
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat May 04, 2019 1:59 am

Good speech

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat May 04, 2019 3:03 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Good speech

im extremely proud of it thank you... sorry to Kelvi Im swamped this weekend and if i didnt post it now i might not post at all

PS I was heavily inspired by this scene

https://youtu.be/AkGhplApYt4
Last edited by Dentali on Sat May 04, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun May 05, 2019 11:15 am

I will be opening the Game tomorrow. We have reached the point where we can no longer delay through waiting for De Nieto's counter-address.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon May 06, 2019 6:17 am

The opening post is officially up in the Special Events thread.

Any and all participating, or attending, can feel free to make their opening post, and start up any conversation or lay out any characterization that you like. We are going to give some time for mingling and interacting before the game itself starts, so feel free to swing away.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon May 06, 2019 1:36 pm

My girlfriend just got pretty badly hurt so I’m taking care of her idk when I’ll be able to post next

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon May 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Dentali wrote:My girlfriend just got pretty badly hurt so I’m taking care of her idk when I’ll be able to post next

Hopefully she recovers soon.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Mon May 06, 2019 1:50 pm

Dentali wrote:My girlfriend just got pretty badly hurt so I’m taking care of her idk when I’ll be able to post next

So sorry. I hope she gets better soon.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Mon May 06, 2019 2:01 pm

I hope she has a speedy recovery!
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Mon May 06, 2019 2:09 pm

thanos is sad too :(
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon May 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Take as much time as you need, sorry about that man

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue May 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Just FYI I got the secret service procedure info from my friend Dan bongino

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue May 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Bing
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue May 07, 2019 1:55 pm

bang
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue May 07, 2019 1:56 pm

B O O M

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Granluras
Character Name: (Doctor) Ambrogino Tommaso
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 45
Character Height: 5’10”
Character Weight: 233 lbs
Character Education: Medical Student at Rutgers University (1992-1996)
Character Position/Role/Job:
  • Medical career: Intern at Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital (1996-1997); Resident Physician at Morristown Medical Center (1997-2000); Attending Physician at Morristown Medical Center (2000-2006)
  • Advocacy career: Member of the New Jersey Hospital Association (2000-present); Councilman on the NJHA Council of Hospital Governance (2004-2008); Vice President of Government Relations & Policy (2008-2013); ex-officio Member of the NJHA Board of Trustees (2013-present); Member of the Foundation for Morristown Medical Center Board of Trustees (2015-present)
  • Political career: Assemblyman for New Jersey’s 25th General Assembly District (2007-present); Chairman of the Assembly Health and Senior Services Committee (2009-2011); Ranking Member of the Assembly Health and Senior Services Committee (2011-present); Morris County Committeeman for the NJGOP (2013-present); NJGOP Treasurer (2015-2017)
Appearance:

Character State of Origin: Hanover Township, New Jersey
Character State of Residence: Hanover Township, New Jersey
Character Party Affiliation: Republican (1996-present)
Main Strengths: Charismatic; well-versed in medical and general knowledge; draped in significant clout within the New Jersey Republican community; listens to colleagues; has no sycophants or yes-men; decent bipartisan record; trilingual (Italian, Spanish and English)
Main Weaknesses: Can be harsh sometimes; publicly against many American liberal and progressive virtues; sometimes sticks to his ideological guns stubbornly; proud nationalist, has expressed this in several questionable ways since ‘07; thick North Jersey accent that proves unintelligible sometimes

Biography:
Ambrogino was born on May 9, 1972 to second-generation Sicilian immigrants in Hanover Township, New Jersey. His upbringing was shaped by the hardships of being apart of a low-income, working-class family. Ambrogino’s father operated a small family farm, volunteered for janitorial services at the local high school, and participated in other professions to provide simple sums of food and money, which Ambrogino and his two brothers also worked on. Ambrogino also cared for his elderly Sicilian grandparents, developing an intrigue and satisfaction with caring for others that would grow rapidly in following years. He enthusiastically took charge of the medical care of his grandparents when he was fourteen.

Ambrogino was influenced by fiscally conservative and laissez-faire capitalist economic ideqals, as his family sought to make ends meet for the seven members of their household; Catholic conservative and Great Commandment—altruistic social ideals came from his family’s frequent churchgoing and traditional family dynamics; and conservative libertarian political ideals sprouted from his interest in Reagan’s conservative presidency and Catholic upbringing. Although political since youth, Ambrogino was deterred from politics - especially due to the left-dominated, rigid Jersey political climate - and pursued medical sciences as a career and primary interest when he was able to go to school. Ambrogino employed himself in multiple professions by age 16 in order to provide himself and his family money; these jobs ranged from a cashier, to an auto mechanic, to a summertime busboy. The job experience from these three jobs provided Ambrogino with the info necessary for a satisfactory college application when the time came. Ambrogino and his family were able to, painstakingly, amass enough money from his triple employment and family incomes to help fund his enrollment in Rutgers Medical School. However, the unforeseen death of his grandparents and the age of his parents lead to Ambrogino having to put off college for three years to make sure his home and family were left in the best condition. Finally, when Ambrogino was 20, he felt comfortable in leaving his home for Rutgers.

Over the course of the next four years Ambrogino worked tirelessly towards his degree; he studied long and hard, using his hardened work ethics from his farmwork and teenage jobs to properly schedule sizeable periods of study, but also working in things such as rest time and social activities. During his first year at Rutgers he met an Attending Physician who worked at the Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital, Doctor Ken Ayden. Seeing opportunity in Ambrogino, Doctor Ayden began tutoring Ambrogino and teaching him about various hospital procedures, machinery, and diagnostic and medical methodologies. Doctor Ayden’s tutelage was a successful endeavor, with Ambrogino absorbing and relaying his lessons efficiently, and he also performed well in his college medical classes. In Feburary of ‘96, Doctor Ayden presented Ambrogino with a medical internship at Bristol-Myers. Ambrogino began officially working for Doctor Ayden as an apprentice and started assisting him in daily hospital duties. By springtime, Ambrogino’s four-year college term drew to an end. Ambrogino took his final college exams, and he then too his MCAT, and on November 16, 1997 he received his medical degree and license.

Ambrogino moved back to Hanover with his new degree. After helping move his parents into a more modern home, Ambrogino focused on being hired by Morris County’s most prestigious medical facilities, the Morristown Medical Center. With a reference letter from Doctor Ayden, his teenage job experience, collegiate academic performance, and industrious personality, Ambrogino was accepted as an Attending Physician specializing in diagnostic medicine and hematology. He held this position for several years, becoming a well-known medical professional, and became respected by the hundreds of patients he dealt with and by his various colleagues in Morristown for his caring and altruistic bedside manner. He joined the New Jersey Hospital Association in 2000, with the intention of promoting the economization of hospital services; the implementation of modern medical equipment and treatments; and the overall reformation of the New Jersey hospital financial system (i.e. taxes, budgets, bills, etc.)

In 2004, having rose the ranks of the NJHA and becoming a respected member, he became a member of the NJHA’s Council on Hospital Governance, which gave him a much more influential medium for presenting his thoughts/ideas regarding hospital administration/finance/etc. He became a respected man for his policies, and even met with state legislators a few times at NJHA-hosted events. Years passed, and in 2006 he was approached by an old friend from Hanover Township, Donatto Lorenzo, who had become an Assemblyman for the 25th General Assembly district. Donatto told him that his popularity and clout could be better used in politics, and to consider campaigning for the upcoming 2007 General Assembly election. Ambrogino pondered the idea, and in November he set up a campaign team and began holding town hall meetings and digital Q&As to promote himself, two methods of campaigning he used because “it shows [sic] I [he] am aware of how to access both generations and their varying degrees of tech-savviness.”

He was respected by the district’s constituents for his policies regarding healthcare; his down-to-earth, transparent attitude; his anti-tax, fiscally conservative financial positions; and his ability to work with and compromise with other politicians, whether they were Republican too or Democrats. When the 2007 election came around, Ambrogino was up against a moderate Democrat, Conan Porterson, and a newbie Progressive, Quincy DeShawne. Despite his freshness in the political scene, Ambrogino had campaigned diligently, and so when the election ended he won, taking 62.7% of the vote. Ambrogino made use of his new seat, and focused on the slashing of medical fees, improving of healthcare accessibility; and the modernizing of healthcare and medical equipment throughout the state. Towards the end of 2007, he met with the President of the NJHA who presented him with the position of Vice President of Government Relations & Policy, and he accepted the appointment. By the speedy arrival of his second year he had drafted and sponsored several bills in the legislature and Morris County government, which multiple sources reported as having brought down healthcare costs in his district boundaries by around 15%.

The 2009 Assembly election, especially due to stability of the NJGOP and Hotchkiss at this time, was easy for Ambrogino, who won 72.3% of the vote in this election. Ambrogino continued working off of the platform and goals of his first term. After the beginning of his second term, he directly met with the Speaker of the Assembly and convinced him to appoint him as Chairman of the Assembly’s health committee. Ambrogino’s collection of high-ranking and prestigious positions within the New Jersey Legislature and medical community were great sources of political capital, and the capital amassed by Ambrogino in the early-2010’s had caused a sort of political machine to form in his name. He used this to his favor, especially to seek greater out-of-state name recognition, and - of course - to bolster his local public image and recognition. However, he was met with a series of mishaps simultaneously, such as the general decline of the NJGOP following the failures of the Hotchkiss administration regarding the Trenton police brutality scandal; uncovering of controversial statements made in Ambrogino’s past involving nationalist rhetoric; several legislative defeats involving key legislation; and Ambrogino’s unseating as Health Committee Chairman in the 2011 legislative session. Ambrogino was able to pull through this dry spell (indicated in the 2015 elections, when he was elected by 68.3%, up 9.8% from the 2013 elections), and even scavenged enough capital that the NJGOP elected him as the County Committeeman for Morris County in 2013, then as Treasurer in 2015 till 2017 (his only defeat in the 2017 electoral season).

In June of 2017, Ambrogino underwent the Republican primaries for his district, but - obviously - won with a 73.5% supermajority. He has frequently appeared publicly in Hanover and Morristown, in order to appear as an involved and active politician in the eyes of his constituent, preparing for the general election in four months. Ambrogino’s 2017 goals include diversifying his political connections, putting together a campaign for Assembly Minority Leadership, and laying the path to a hypothetical 2021 gubernatorial election. He has also been planning an appearance on some major local or - more ambitiously - national media platform as part of a publicity stunt.

Other Info:
  • Wife - Ambrogino met his wife, Natalie Franzi, at Rutgers. She was a Labor and Employment Relations major, and the daughter of Dominic Franzi, a regional leader of the AFL-CIO and it’s Industrial Union Council. Natalie (ca. 2017) is employed as an assistant union organizer for the statewide AFL-CIO in New Jersey.
  • Eldest Child - Giuseppe Tommaso was born November 15, 1999, the first child of Ambrogino and Natalie (and named after Ambrogino’s great-grandfather, Captain Giuseppe Tommaso, a Royal Italian officer who served in WW1). He is a high school graduate, active member of the New Jersey Young Republican Federation, and admittee to Rowan University.
  • Youngest Child - Juliana Tommaso was born four years after her brother, on May 14, 2003. She is inspired by her father’s [medical] legacy, and has shown great interest in the medical sciences since youth. She has dedicated herself to choosing AP classes so she can get into Rutgers, and pursue an MD like her father.
  • Parents - Angelino and Nicolina Tommaso (b. 1938; b. 1940) are the elderly parents of Ambrogino. Angelino and Nicolina were both born to Italian immigrants who had fled Italy as a result of Benito Mussolini’s regime. Angelino came from the poorer side of the family, and grew up in early-20th century New Jersey as a farmer. Nicolina’s family was a bit more rich, as it had a military genealogy, but was hit hard during the Depression. Angelino enlisted into the army during the Vietnam War in 1959, and served until being shot in the leg in 1966 (being honorably discharged subsequently with a Purple Heart, full pension, and rank of a Sergeant). Nicolina, for most of her life, was a housewife, but after Angelino’s injury she took a more direct family role, and became the matriarch of the family. Angelino worked as a farmer for the rest of his life (until Ambrogino became well-endowed as a doctor), and Nicolina became a substitute teacher and later a secretary for Hanover’s mayor, but retired around the same time as Angelino. As for what they’re like nowadays...well...have you ever watched Everybody Loves Raymond?
  • Siblings - Patrizio and Vincenzo Tommaso are Ambrogino’s elder (b. 1969) and baby brothers (b. 1974). Patrizio was influenced by his maternal genealogy, and left home in 1989 to join the army, being deployed in 1990 to serve in the Gulf War; remained there from late-1991 to mid-1995 to participate in the Southern Iraqi No-Fly Zone; returned home for reserve stationing from 1995 to 1998, and 2001 to 2003; then was sent back to Iraq as part of the Iraq War, which he served in until 2006, when he was almost shot in the head; after that incident, he was transferred to the NJ State Guard to serve in the 113th Infantry Regiment (which he has served as the Commander of since 2014, after being promoted to Lieutenant Colonel).

Vincenzo was the type to look up to his elder brothers, but more so to Ambrogino, and even more so after he began pursuing a political career. After a decade of various mediocre, white-collar employments, Ambrogino asked Donatello to hire Vicenzo as an assistant legislative assistant. Donatello accepted, interviewed Vincenzo, and hired him in 2009. Vincenzo was enthusiastic to hold the job, and did dedicate himself to his duties. As a result, Vincenzo was promoted to senior legislative assistant in 2014, which he has remained as since then.

• The National Italian American Federation. Has been a member since 2002, and was made Second Vice President of Government Relations in 2014. He has primarily focused on the promotion of the plights of the Italian-American community in front of both federal and state legislative bodies. He also is the Assistant Program Director for the NAIF's Frank J. Guarini Public Policy Forum, and was a keynote speaker for it in 2015. He has appeared at every other meeting of the Forum before and since then, in supporting/managerial roles.
  • The Order of Sons of Italy in America. He has been a member of the OSIA's Grand Lodge of New Jersey since 2000, but didn't become a highly involved member since 2007. In 2014, he was made the Second Vice President of the Grand Lodge, after two years of serving as the Grand Lodge Recording Secretary. He also has served as a Trustee of the Morris County Lodge (Lodge 2561) since 2016, and as President Emeritus (Lodge 2561 President from 2011-2014).
  • Republican State Leadership Committee. Ambrogino joined in 2010, sometime into his second term, and rose to popularity during his third term, when he took in the third-largest vote for a Republican candidate in the history of his district (68.4%), and again when he broke his own record in 2014 (73.2%). After the first record, he was made a member of the RSLCC Executive Committee in 2011, which he has remained as until his second record in 2014, and was then promoted to Co-Vice Chairman. In 2015, he was added to the Board of the Future Majority Project.
  • American Conservative Union. He joined it in 2011, and has taken to donate $2,500 monthly to the organization. He is also heavily involved with the CPAC, acting as a speechwriter for Governor Hotchkiss for the 2016 CPAC. During the 2017 CPAC he was invited as a speaker, and delivered a speech on the importance of registering and creating Republican voters in purple/blue states.
  • Christian Coalition. Ambrogino got involved with the CC in 2015, cooperating with a Liaison from the National Committee of the CC to found the North Jersey CC Precinct, serving as the Precinct Leader of it since 2015.
  • Eagle Forum. He joined in 2013, and quickly rose the ranks due to his GOP/general political involvement. Seven months after joining, he was the Chapter President for Morris County, and eighteen months after that he was made the Second Vice President of the Jersey Eagles Forum (in the capacity of which he was served as since then (March 2015)). He was the recipient of the Eagle Award in 2016.
  • Old School Immigrants. Ambrogino, along with several other second- and first-generation Hyphenated American state and federal politicians founded this himself in 2015. The organization's purpose is to advocate for meritocratic immigration reform and to "return to the age when immigrants came to seek the American Dream, and not live off of other, hard-working natural citizens." The OSI spends $223,000 a year lobbying Congress and state legislatures on immigration reform. He serves as Executive President, assisted by four Vice Presidents and an Executive Secretary.
  • Others (financial contributor/basic member). The Heritage Foundation, Salem Media Group, Young Americans for Freedom, American Dream, and the AFL-CIO.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Granluras

Do Not Remove: 84721

I took the liberty of adding another field to the application, if Prole (or whoever see's this first) doesn't mind.
Last edited by Granluras on Tue May 21, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue May 07, 2019 2:01 pm

Granluras wrote:B O O M

(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Granluras
Character Name: (Doctor) Ambrogino Tommaso
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 45
Character Height: 5’10”
Character Weight: 233 lbs
Character Education: Medical Student at Rutgers University (1992-1996)
Character Position/Role/Job:
  • Medical career: Intern at Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital (1996-1997); Resident Physician at Morristown Medical Center (1997-2000); Attending Physician at Morristown Medical Center (2000-2006)
  • Advocacy career: Member of the New Jersey Hospital Association (2000-present); Councilman on the NJHA Council of Hospital Governance (2004-2008); Vice President of Government Relations & Policy (2008-2013); ex-officio Member of the NJHA Board of Trustees (2013-present); Member of the Foundation for Morristown Medical Center Board of Trustees (2015-present)
  • Political career: Assemblyman for New Jersey’s 25th General Assembly District (2007-present); Chairman of the Assembly Health and Senior Services Committee (2009-2011); Ranking Member of the Assembly Health and Senior Services Committee (2011-present); Morris County Committeeman for the NJGOP (2013-present); NJGOP Treasurer (2015-2017)
Appearance:

Character State of Origin: Hanover Township, New Jersey
Character State of Residence: Hanover Township, New Jersey
Character Party Affiliation: Republican (1996-present)
Main Strengths: Charismatic; well-versed in medical and general knowledge; draped in significant clout within the New Jersey Republican community; listens to colleagues; has no sycophants or yes-men; decent bipartisan record; trilingual (Italian, Spanish and English)
Main Weaknesses: Can be harsh sometimes; publicly against many American liberal and progressive virtues; sometimes sticks to his ideological guns stubbornly; proud nationalist, has expressed this in several questionable ways since ‘07; thick North Jersey accent that proves unintelligible sometimes

Biography:
Ambrogino was born on May 9, 1972 to second-generation Sicilian immigrants in Hanover Township, New Jersey. His upbringing was shaped by the hardships of being apart of a low-income, working-class family. Ambrogino’s father operated a small family farm, volunteered for janitorial services at the local high school, and participated in other professions to provide simple sums of food and money, which Ambrogino and his two brothers also worked on. Ambrogino also cared for his elderly Sicilian grandparents, developing an intrigue and satisfaction with caring for others that would grow rapidly in following years. He enthusiastically took charge of the medical care of his grandparents when he was fourteen.

Ambrogino was influenced by fiscally conservative and laissez-faire capitalist economic ideqals, as his family sought to make ends meet for the seven members of their household; Catholic conservative and Great Commandment—altruistic social ideals came from his family’s frequent churchgoing and traditional family dynamics; and conservative libertarian political ideals sprouted from his interest in Reagan’s conservative presidency and Catholic upbringing. Although political since youth, Ambrogino was deterred from politics - especially due to the left-dominated, rigid Jersey political climate - and pursued medical sciences as a career and primary interest when he was able to go to school. Ambrogino employed himself in multiple professions by age 16 in order to provide himself and his family money; these jobs ranged from a cashier, to an auto mechanic, to a summertime busboy. The job experience from these three jobs provided Ambrogino with the info necessary for a satisfactory college application when the time came. Ambrogino and his family were able to, painstakingly, amass enough money from his triple employment and family incomes to help fund his enrollment in Rutgers Medical School. However, the unforeseen death of his grandparents and the age of his parents lead to Ambrogino having to put off college for three years to make sure his home and family were left in the best condition. Finally, when Ambrogino was 20, he felt comfortable in leaving his home for Rutgers.

Over the course of the next four years Ambrogino worked tirelessly towards his degree; he studied long and hard, using his hardened work ethics from his farmwork and teenage jobs to properly schedule sizeable periods of study, but also working in things such as rest time and social activities. During his first year at Rutgers he met an Attending Physician who worked at the Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital, Doctor Ken Ayden. Seeing opportunity in Ambrogino, Doctor Ayden began tutoring Ambrogino and teaching him about various hospital procedures, machinery, and diagnostic and medical methodologies. Doctor Ayden’s tutelage was a successful endeavor, with Ambrogino absorbing and relaying his lessons efficiently, and he also performed well in his college medical classes. In Feburary of ‘96, Doctor Ayden presented Ambrogino with a medical internship at Bristol-Myers. Ambrogino began officially working for Doctor Ayden as an apprentice and started assisting him in daily hospital duties. By springtime, Ambrogino’s four-year college term drew to an end. Ambrogino took his final college exams, and he then too his MCAT, and on November 16, 1997 he received his medical degree and license.

Ambrogino moved back to Hanover with his new degree. After helping move his parents into a more modern home, Ambrogino focused on being hired by Morris County’s most prestigious medical facilities, the Morristown Medical Center. With a reference letter from Doctor Ayden, his teenage job experience, collegiate academic performance, and industrious personality, Ambrogino was accepted as an Attending Physician specializing in diagnostic medicine and hematology. He held this position for several years, becoming a well-known medical professional, and became respected by the hundreds of patients he dealt with and by his various colleagues in Morristown for his caring and altruistic bedside manner. He joined the New Jersey Hospital Association in 2000, with the intention of promoting the economization of hospital services; the implementation of modern medical equipment and treatments; and the overall reformation of the New Jersey hospital financial system (i.e. taxes, budgets, bills, etc.)

In 2004, having rose the ranks of the NJHA and becoming a respected member, he became a member of the NJHA’s Council on Hospital Governance, which gave him a much more influential medium for presenting his thoughts/ideas regarding hospital administration/finance/etc. He became a respected man for his policies, and even met with state legislators a few times at NJHA-hosted events. Years passed, and in 2006 he was approached by an old friend from Hanover Township, Donatto Lorenzo, who had become an Assemblyman for the 25th General Assembly district. Donatto told him that his popularity and clout could be better used in politics, and to consider campaigning for the upcoming 2007 General Assembly election. Ambrogino pondered the idea, and in November he set up a campaign team and began holding town hall meetings and digital Q&As to promote himself, two methods of campaigning he used because “it shows [sic] I [he] am aware of how to access both generations and their varying degrees of tech-savviness.”

He was respected by the district’s constituents for his policies regarding healthcare; his down-to-earth, transparent attitude; his anti-tax, fiscally conservative financial positions; and his ability to work with and compromise with other politicians, whether they were Republican too or Democrats. When the 2007 election came around, Ambrogino was up against a moderate Democrat, Conan Porterson, and a newbie Progressive, Quincy DeShawne. Despite his freshness in the political scene, Ambrogino had campaigned diligently, and so when the election ended he won, taking 62.7% of the vote. Ambrogino made use of his new seat, and focused on the slashing of medical fees, improving of healthcare accessibility; and the modernizing of healthcare and medical equipment throughout the state. Towards the end of 2007, he met with the President of the NJHA who presented him with the position of Vice President of Government Relations & Policy, and he accepted the appointment. By the speedy arrival of his second year he had drafted and sponsored several bills in the legislature and Morris County government, which multiple sources reported as having brought down healthcare costs in his district boundaries by around 15%.

The 2009 Assembly election, especially due to stability of the NJGOP and Hotchkiss at this time, was easy for Ambrogino, who won 72.3% of the vote in this election. Ambrogino continued working off of the platform and goals of his first term. After the beginning of his second term, he directly met with the Speaker of the Assembly and convinced him to appoint him as Chairman of the Assembly’s health committee. Ambrogino’s collection of high-ranking and prestigious positions within the New Jersey Legislature and medical community were great sources of political capital, and the capital amassed by Ambrogino in the early-2010’s had caused a sort of political machine to form in his name. He used this to his favor, especially to seek greater out-of-state name recognition, and - of course - to bolster his local public image and recognition. However, he was met with a series of mishaps simultaneously, such as the general decline of the NJGOP following the failures of the Hotchkiss administration regarding the Trenton police brutality scandal; uncovering of controversial statements made in Ambrogino’s past involving nationalist rhetoric; several legislative defeats involving key legislation; and Ambrogino’s unseating as Health Committee Chairman in the 2011 legislative session. Ambrogino was able to pull through this dry spell (indicated in the 2015 elections, when he was elected by 68.3%, up 9.8% from the 2013 elections), and even scavenged enough capital that the NJGOP elected him as the County Committeeman for Morris County in 2013, then as Treasurer in 2015 till 2017 (his only defeat in the 2017 electoral season).

In June of 2017, Ambrogino underwent the Republican primaries for his district, but - obviously - won with a 73.5% supermajority. He has frequently appeared publicly in Hanover and Morristown, in order to appear as an involved and active politician in the eyes of his constituent, preparing for the general election in four months. Ambrogino’s 2017 goals include diversifying his political connections, putting together a campaign for Assembly Minority Leadership, and laying the path to a hypothetical 2021 gubernatorial election. He has also been planning an appearance on some major local or - more ambitiously - national media platform as part of a publicity stunt.

Other Info:
  • Wife - Ambrogino met his wife, Natalie Franzi, at Rutgers. She was a Labor and Employment Relations major, and the daughter of Dominic Franzi, a regional leader of the AFL-CIO and it’s Industrial Union Council. Natalie (ca. 2017) is employed as an assistant union organizer for the statewide AFL-CIO in New Jersey.
  • Eldest Child - Giuseppe Tommaso was born November 15, 1999, the first child of Ambrogino and Natalie (and named after Ambrogino’s great-grandfather, Captain Giuseppe Tommaso, a Royal Italian officer who served in WW1). He is a high school senior, active member of the New Jersey Young Republican Federation, and admittee to Rowan University.
  • Youngest Child - Juliana Tommaso was born four years after her brother, on May 14, 2003. She is inspired by her father’s [medical] legacy, and has shown great interest in the medical sciences since youth. When she enters high school (this September) she plans to focus on AP classes to get into college easier (in 2021).
  • Parents - Angelino and Nicolina Tommaso (b. 1938; b. 1940) are the elderly parents of Ambrogino. Angelino and Nicolina were both born to Italian immigrants who had fled Italy as a result of Benito Mussolini’s regime. Angelino came from the poorer side of the family, and grew up in early-20th century New Jersey as a farmer. Nicolina’s family was a bit more rich, as it had a military genealogy, but was hit hard during the Depression. Angelino enlisted into the army during the Vietnam War in 1959, and served until being shot in the leg in 1966 (being honorably discharged subsequently with a Purple Heart, full pension, and rank of a Sergeant). Nicolina, for most of her life, was a housewife, but after Angelino’s injury she took a more direct family role, and became the matriarch of the family. Angelino worked as a farmer for the rest of his life (until Ambrogino became well-endowed as a doctor), and Nicolina became a substitute teacher and later a secretary for Hanover’s mayor, but retired around the same time as Angelino. As for what they’re like nowadays...well...have you ever watched Everybody Loves Raymond?
  • Siblings - Patrizio and Vincenzo Tommaso are Ambrogino’s elder (b. 1969) and baby brothers (b. 1974). Patrizio was influenced by his maternal genealogy, and left home in 1989 to join the army, being deployed in 1990 to serve in the Gulf War; remained there from late-1991 to mid-1995 to participate in the Southern Iraqi No-Fly Zone; returned home for reserve stationing from 1995 to 1998, and 2001 to 2003; then was sent back to Iraq as part of the Iraq War, which he served in until 2006, when he was almost shot in the head; after that incident, he was transferred to the NJ State Guard to serve in the 113th Infantry Regiment (which he has served as the Commander of since 2014, after being promoted to Lieutenant Colonel).

Vincenzo was the type to look up to his elder brothers, but more so to Ambrogino, and even more so after he began pursuing a political career. After a decade of various mediocre, white-collar employments, Ambrogino asked Donatello to hire Vicenzo as an assistant legislative assistant. Donatello accepted, interviewed Vincenzo, and hired him in 2009. Vincenzo was enthusiastic to hold the job, and did dedicate himself to his duties. As a result, Vincenzo was promoted to senior legislative assistant in 2014, which he has remained as since then.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Granluras

Do Not Remove: 84721

(Image)

I took the liberty of adding another field to the application, if Prole (or whoever see's this first) doesn't mind.

Did you see my most recent Anderson post? Your governor is getting posters...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse