NATION

PASSWORD

RVC | 73rd WorldVision Song Contest | The Estograd, Estogium

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

19 | Estogium | Palladium - SOS

Postby Estogium » Wed May 01, 2019 10:37 am

#19 ESTOGIUM
Palladium - "SOS"
Tune : Little Mix - "DNA"
Language: English
Duration: 4:02

Members
Laila, Shessy, Bailey, Nelly

Palladium returns to the international stage to represent Estogium again, they have the honour of being the home act for the 73rd WorldVision Song Contest, hoping to score Estogium their first ever victory in 40 editions...

Estogium last participated in the 71st WorldVision Song Contest which took place in Main Nation Ministry. Ultimately, the nation finished 10th place with 61 points which was the nation's best result since their top 5 finishes of WorldVision Song Contest 61 and 62 when Estogium finished 3rd and 5th respectively. Estogium, whilst it intended to participate at the 72nd WorldVision Song Contest with Hunter Malden, crashed out of the WorldVision Song Contest with RVC stating that it was due to the funding for the WorldVision Song Contest arriving late alongside other issues with RVC (such as getting a delegation together - due to Estogium's on-and-off participation in WorldVision, there wasn't that much of delegation anymore). Since the 72nd WorldVision Song Contest money was left unspent, RVC thought that it would be a great idea to spend it on sending a bid to the contest to see where that would lead them. Estogium won the WorldVision Song Contest bidding race with a percentage of 69.2% of the vote meaning that The Estograd was a highly favourable place to go to for the 73rd WorldVision Song Contest. Many nations have been impressed by Estogium's professionalism already but that is down to receiving pointers from regional broadcasters that have already hosted the WorldVision Song Contest. Estogium didn't want to be that host that didn't participate in their own WorldVision Song Contest. Therefore, RVC managed to get a delegation together for the 73rd WorldVision Song Contest. It is unclear as to whether Estogium will be participating in the 74th WorldVision Song Contest and beyond, but the nation can surely enjoy being the centre of attention for the first time in 40 editions since their debut.

Especially since it's Estogium's 40th anniversary, RVC thought about who would be an appropriate representative for the nation at the WorldVision Song Contest. It was thought pretty early on that Estogium will be sending someone that has already been to WorldVision Song Contest or the World Hit Festival. It was decided that Palladium would be picked to represent Estogium at the WorldVision Song Contest due to them receiving the highest ever placing for Estogium at the 28th World Hit Festival in Arioslavia. The girl group was made famous for their banger, "Off My Groove" and they will be hoping that their new single, "SOS", will do just as well in the 73rd WorldVision Song Contest in The Estograd...

This will mark Estogium's 27th participation at the WorldVision Song Contest. Estogium, in the 26 editions before The Estograd has only placed in the top three on two different occasions (WV48, WV62) and would like to repeat the successes of those editions here in their home country.
As Merecendi- finished on the stage, the audience applauded very loudly knowing that the next nation to perform was Estogium. As the postcard started to play, the Estogian stage presence started to get ready for the performance from Estogium. It was to everyone's understanding that Estogium was in it to do quite well. Even before the song had been released, betting odds had Estogium in the top 10 most likely to win the WorldVision Song Contest 73. Estogium hosting the WorldVision Song Contest had no doubt increased their chances of being favoured by the betting odds. Estogians around the country has rallied around the girl group, Palladium. For the first time since the 48th WorldVision Song Contest, the viewership in Estogium is expected to exceed 50% - which is around 6 million homes watching the contest.

Wearing four outfits similar to this, the four women walked on to the stage holding the microphones in their left hand. The audience applauded over the postcard as they saw their four girls walk onto the stage. The Estogian stage crew bought this huge box which was split into four different sections. In a pyramid position, three of the boxes were on the floor while one was on a second level on top of the middle box. The four women took their position inside each of the boxes, with Bailey being in the middle box on the lower floor. She was acting as the one who was "asking for help" while the other women are telling her that they can't help her.

As the postcard finished, the audience cheered and the lights went down in the arena. The audience was ready to be amazed by what RVC had planned for their performance. As the performance started and the heart monitor went off, on the screens behind, you could see a red heart monitor. You would also notice that on each of the four women, there was a projection where their hearts would be on their body - flatlining as you could hear the flatline in the song. Bailey started singing first, singing the first two lines. The camera focused on her box only, with water droplets forming around the edge of the box...

Oh my heart skips a beat when he walks into a room
And he did have the charm to win anyone over

It's a facade, don't fall for his charm
Oh It is his way to bring you down
I know he's tempting but there's better out there
But...

Laila took over from Bailey after Bailey finished singing the first two lines. As Laila started to sing the first line, "It's a facade...", the camera moved upwards to the box on top of Bailey's where Laila stood. As the camera moved, you could see Laila looking down at Bailey in disgust before looking up to the camera by the time the camera was fully focused on her. Laila sung the rest of the verse, with smoke/fog filling her box up. White light was flashing in the box, making it very dramatic. Laila touches the glass before the camera quickly cut to the next person in a glass...

We then went back to Bailey, but this time, the camera cut to her instead of moving up and down. Bailey leant right against the glass as the camera zoomed in on her. The water droplets were much heavier around her than before. She started to bang against the glass as she sang the pre-chorus.

I think 'bout him everyday
Yes, he has got a hold on me
No, I can't help it
I can't save myself

Right at the end of the pre-chorus, as Bailey whipped her head back as she quickly belted out the word "Myself", the camera quickly zoomed out, exposing the four women in their own box on the stage. The LED behind them was static and crazy - it was almost as if the LED was coming straight at you. This was also aided by the on-screen visuals of the static coming towards you. In each of the boxes, something different was happening. As previously mentioned, Bailey had water droplets, Laila had smoke but the other two women had something else. Shessy had wind, that would increase and decrease dependent on when in the song it was. For the chorus, the wind was turned on with some oomph and so you could see her hair blowing amongst it. Finally, Nelly was in a box full of feathers that would whoosh up when the fans were turned on.

As the chorus begun, all the women sung for the chorus...

Please save me, SOS!
I concede, I confess
He has left me useless
I can't cope - I thought I was blessed
But he was just obsessed
His devil was suppressed
He drew me in until there was no way out, no!
Please help me, I protest
It's my only request
Die with no regrets
Please save me, S, S, S, S, SOS!

During the chorus, the four women were doing the same movements even though they all had different circumstances going on in their respective boxes. At the final bit of the chorus, the three women that were not on the middle lower box stopped in a tableau, looking at where Bailey was - with Bailey looking out towards the audience. Her box was lit compared to the others where you could only see their silhouettes.

As the chorus, we faded to black before we went to the box of Nelly who started to sing in to the microphone. Her box took up all of the camera shot, like with the others. She looked deep in to the camera as the feathers started to fall above her. She occasionally looked to her side where Bailey was positioned...

Should have listened to you when you saw the warnings,
But I was busy being blinded by love yeah yeah

Now, don't you dare turn your back on me
I know you can get me through this
He is so tempting, but there's better out there...
Ohhh

As soon as the lyric came "Now, don't you dare turn your back on me" it was time for Shessy to sing. Nelly continued to sing but was singing in harmony and not as loud as Shessy as she took the lead for this part of the song. The camera focused on her box as Shessy sassily swayed in her box. The wind was going crazy in her box, with her flying around the place. She smiled at the camera cheekily as she sung...

As the pre-chorus came up, the screen split up in to four different sections, with Bailey taking up a large portion of the screen. It looked as though all the women were looking at Bailey as she started to sing again. The colours in each of the boxes were distinctly different from each other...

I think 'bout him everyday
Yes, he has got a hold on me
No, I can't help it
I can't save myself

They then went through yet another chorus with the camera zooming out, acting in a similar way to how it was acting last time. The colours in each box changed every four beats. The on-screen graphics were doing their thing too.

Please save me, SOS!
I concede, I confess
He has left me useless
But he was just obsessed
His devil was suppressed
It's my only request
Die with no regrets

At this section, Bailey dropped down to the floor as the floor underneath Laila's box opened, causing her to drop down over Bailey. The other two women, Shessy and Nelly came from their box and crowded around Bailey who was still on the floor. For this section, they all took their own bits, with Bailey starting off first, then Shessy, Nelly and finally Laila rounding out the bridge section of the song.

The way he blinks his eyes,
The way he bites his lips
The way he says your name
He's just playing a game

He makes you feel special
You're the apple of his eye?
He's got you analysed
You're now hypnotised

Make a wrong turn,
He'll catch you by the neck
He's got his eyes on you
There is nowhere to run

He is dangerous,
Yes I had told you so
You want saving? Well you better
Shout it S.O.S

As they all finished singing the bridge section, they then started singing the "opera" section. As they started, Bailey looked up towards the audience before finding her feet again and slowly standing up. The three women around Bailey all put their hands on her should before all looking towards the audience. The wind machine went off in the boxes with the feathers from the other box blowing its way around the whole thing. The camera zoomed in from afar slowly, gaining speed as it got closer right until Bailey went high on that introduction to the last chorus...

At this section, the glass to all of the boxes shattered, with the three women smiling and singing the rest of the song. Bailey sang over them... The three women then walked out of the box towards the edge of the stage. The audience all started to wave their Estogian flags as a steadicam circled around the four.

(woah-oh-oh!) Please save me, SOS!
I concede, I confess
He has left me useless
But he was just obsessed
His devil was suppressed
It's my only request
Die with no regrets

At the end of the song, all of the girls threw their hands up in the air to the loud roar of their home audience. They all thanked the audience with their applause lasting for quite a while before we went into the next nation's postcard...
Last edited by Estogium on Tue May 07, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed May 01, 2019 10:47 am

Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BITC PRESENTS: 73rd WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST

Postby Britonisea » Wed May 01, 2019 10:56 am

BITC Presents;
Live Coverage of the 73rd Edition of the WorldVision Song Contest in The Estograd, Estogium
Your commentators for the evening are Rigas Jengiz, who participated in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2016 and 2017, and came 2nd representing Britonisea at the 51st WorldVision Song Contest and Cole Heiman, the host for the 66th WorldVision Song Contest in Britonisea and the spokesperson for Britonisea at the 65th WorldVision Song Contest.
Broadcast started 19:55 GMT+1.

Rigas Jengiz: Hello, everybody! Welcome to the 73rd edition of the best singing competition that you will find around. I am your co-commentator, Rigas Jengiz...
Cole Heiman: And I am Cole Heiman. We will bring you through the proceedings for tonight in what is expected to be a fantastic evening of music. I am certainly looking forward to it.
Rigas: For the first time ever, Estogium is hosting the WorldVision Song Contest! They are hosting in The Estograd which is in the North West of the country, near Taeseon.
Cole: So yeah, unfortunately for us Britons, we still had quite far to travel from the BITC Headquarters to The Estograd, but thanks to it being much closer than last edition, I won't be complaining that much.
Rigas: I think that it's so odd that Estogium hadn't hosted the WorldVision Song Contest before, to be honest. I remember when we hosted in Kyvivre 22 editions ago and Estogium were participating and actually, they were doing pretty well for themselves. I thought around then, the nation would bid but they decided to wait...
Cole: Until their 40th anniversary to host. Yes, it has been 40 editions since Estogium first participated at the WorldVision Song Contest - well, they participated under the name North Britonisea - what a throwback!
Rigas: Yeah, the friction between North Britonisea and Britonisea was rather interesting then, actually. I can assure you, though, that Estogium and Britonisea are the best of friends.
Cole: I can't wait to dive into what Estogium has for us.
Rigas: If you guys are wondering when Britonisea will perform, I can tell you that we will be performing 25th tonight. You're going to have to wait a bit to watch us!
Cole: That's the latest we have performed since the 65th WorldVision Song Contest and, well, the third latest running order we've performed.
Rigas: Right, it's about to start now. Your hosts for the night are two men in the form of Israael Kashtkar - who we should all know of - and Riko Wilson. Riko will appear in the Parade of Nations, which interestingly is happening first tonight, and then the Opening Act.
Cole: I really hope Estogium will give us something good!
Rigas: They will, RVC knows exactly what they're doing!

00. Parade of Nations & Opening Act

Rigas: Well, that was certainly a fun opener from Estogium - wasn't it? I thoroughly enjoyed all the different nations coming out before we went straight into an opening act. Rather swift and easy.
Cole: Might I say, I actually rather liked the songs from Riko, I certainly like Riko. Anyway, that was a really good showing for Estogium and the people in The Crystal Ball are really enjoying the show tonight. 19,000 people are in the arena from my understanding.
Rigas: Right, they've said their little piece. Israael is looking fine as fu-for-fish! Thingy looks nice too, I suppose.
Cole: So, first up is Nekoni! Let's see what they have in store for us, yeah?!

01. Nekoni

02. Talvezout

Rigas: Sunny exudes power and sassiness - I think that this is one of the best entries that Talvezout has sent to the WorldVision Song Contest, and to be honest, in the past, they haven't sent entries that I've particularly loved.
Cole: They had a national final which had like 16 or so songs. They must not have had the funding to do multiple shows and so stuck all 16 entries in one national final. They asked for help from the Britonish Jury and I believe that out of 16 entries, the Britonish Jury ranked this first - well top three. That's a good indicator - the Britonish Jury accurately guesses the Britonish favourites in the end.
Rigas: I can see why... it's a good entry. However, it's not going to win.
Cole: Why not? It's certainly got what it needs to win!
Rigas: They are unfortunately performing in the dreaded 2nd position. 73 editions and spot number 2 hasn't won...
Cole: Such a shame! But I think Talvezout could buck the trend this edition...
Rigas: Let's hope because it's a bop. Lines to vote for Talvezout will open when all acts have sung.
Cole: It's 0123 4567 8902, though...Just for your information. Next up it's Main Nation Ministry.
Rigas: They wanted to host the 73rd WorldVision Song Contest...but they missed out to hosting virgins, Estogium...

03. Main Nation Ministry

05. Polkopia

Rigas: I actually quite liked that entry, it was nice. I guess a tad inoffensive but very nice.
Cole: I really liked the lyrics to the entry and the staging...the staging was for me, definitely. I liked the entry from Polkopia.
Rigas: The question is...will they win?
Cole: What do you think?
Rigas: I think it's too inoffensive to win, I feel like they should've pushed the boat a bit more. They are certainly overdue a win!
Cole: If you at home would like to contribute to that, call 0123 4567 8905!

09. Todlichebujoku

Rigas: I think this was the performance that Britons were waiting for apart from their own, which is still yet to come. Todlichebujoku and Esvieta have accused Britonisea's previous WorldVision Song Contest broadcaster, BVC, of choosing artists that only look good.
Cole: And what do you have to say? You, of course, were picked by BVC to go and represent Britonisea at the 51st WorldVision Song Contest.
Rigas: I think that the nation is causing unnecessary drama to the contest. There is no way that BVC would choose people based on their look - that's discrimination and I know Britonisea is a nation totally against that.
Cole: Sure, it is. Publicity stunt?
Rigas: Pretty much! It's also interesting they chose to send her to Estogium. Todlichebujoku has been making some bold statements regarding the ABEN nations as a whole and they're obviously doing that here. This entry will probably score highly in Britonisea...after all, it sounds Britonish and she is Britonish.
Cole: I like the so-
Rigas: I am just so mad at Todlichebujoku! They are always the haters of Britonisea! Either way, good luck to them! Add 09 to the long number if you wanna vote for them!

17. Vartugia

Cole: Yeah, you heard that right everybody! The entry that they're sending is actually rather good!
Rigas: I am a bit shocked, to be honest. I actually like a Vartugian entry! Those words almost seem so dirty coming out of my mouth! I hate it!
Cole: It's very Izmedu, isn't it? I think this will not be in the bottom five tonight.
Rigas: I am sure that Vartugians will be happy about this entry!
Cole: Or Izmeduans...not too sure what is happening here.
Rigas: If you would like to vote for Vartugia, call 0123 4567 8917!

18. Merecendi-

Cole: We're just going to ignore the "Alyxhia flop" lyric, aren't we?
Rigas: Yes - we are! Either way, the song is very disorientated and just annoying to be honest.
Cole: I didn't like this entry whatsoever. Throwback to that time when they got zero points in Britonisea.
Rigas: Haha, yeah! I remember that. You hosted that, didn't you? Lol, I am not sure about this entry, unfortunately.
Cole: I don't want to have to hear that ever again in my life.

19. Estogium

Rigas: Estogium has yet to win the WorldVision Song Contest after 40 editions. Estogium is one of the nations that have participated the most without winning the WorldVision Song Contest. I mean, of course, there have been nations that have waited longer...
Cole: And...
Rigas: This is a very good 27th entry. I think that Estogium could definitely get themselves back in the top 5 with this song. Obviously, they know that millions will be watching the contest from home and so they want to send a credible entry. This is that.
Cole: I found it rather cheesy. I love Estogium and all, but it's very 2000s girl group - don't you think?
Rigas: I think it's very awesome, it's kinda crazy and frantic and everywhere. Especially the end of the bridge section...they start doing opera like whhhaaaat?
Cole: Hmm, I think this will be good for Estogium but I expect this will end in the lower end of the top 10.
Rigas: This is a contender! If you'd like to vote for Estogium, please call 0123 4567 8919.

20. Kishrael

Cole: So, Kishrael is back after not being in the contest for Lord knows how long...I mean, who is even tracking Kishrael at the WorldVision Song Contest anymore?
Rigas: They took four crowns and then turned their backs on the contest basically. Way before our time. Anyway, the entry.
Cole: It's alright. It's well produced, something that you can expect from Kishrael. I feel like the second chorus is nice but it's missing that wow moment.
Rigas: I thought the song was going to have a climax and it didn't unfortunately. I was waiting and waiting. The staging is nice, I like the rain effects and all. It's visually arresting, I think that might the saving grace of the song.
Cole: It was good, Kishrael.
Rigas: If you'd like to vote for Kishrael, please call 0123 4567 8920 or you can vote via the app!
Cole: When, of course, the lines open! Right....it's Natanya next!
Rigas: Let's hope they have something good for us!

21. Natanya

22. Missus X

Cole: Well how am I supposed to properly commentate this if this is censored?
Rigas: To be honest, I've watched the stage before the powers above WorldVision censored to this and it doesn't make this god-awful song any better.
Cole: From what I've gotten from the performance, it certainly is a very poor song isn't it?
Rigas: It's not even bloody bearable! Missus X zero points.
Cole: Their entries are...wow. Hm, I don't really know what to say anymore.
Rigas: It's 0123 4567 8922 if you want to vote for Missus X but just know that I really don't like what Missus X is serving.

23. Scotatrova

Rigas: Aw, that Ivan is a little cutie - I can see him being popular with the lot back at home. To be honest, they're all adorable aren't they? They don't come across like an urban and gritty boyband like the ones we have back at home - right?
Cole: No, they don't. Britonisea likes boy groups - we just haven't ever send one to the WorldVision Song Contest. I mean the last time we sent a group was...not including Leonardo King ft Bianca and Nasha...was The Serpentents and well, that was the 36th WorldVision Song Contest.
Rigas: I don't ever remember a boy band winning the WorldVision Song Contest. Either way, it's an alright song. I preferred their other entry but this'll do well in Britonisea without a doubt!
Cole: If you agree, you can vote for Scotatrova by calling 0123 4567 8923 when lines open.
Rigas: You can also vote using the app too!
Cole: Right, up next is Besen. After Besen it's Britonisea soooooooo...let's do this!

24. Besen

Rigas: Yeah, I kinda like the song, it's pretty good for the WorldVision Song Contest. I believe that this entry will ultimately finish on the better end of Besen's usual finishing positions.
Cole: If you think Besen will fly high like a butterfly to #1, then call 0123 4567 8924 when the lines open.
Rigas: Finally, we have reached act 25. I am seriously looking forward to watching the performance from Alyxhia Willis. There is loads of hype surrounding this entry and I hope this pays off in the results. BITC have worked hard!

25. Britonisea

Rigas: Well, I think that the entry from Alyxhia Willis was really good - definitely on par with her previous effort at the 67th WorldVision Song Contest in Darkmania. Great visuals.
Cole: I can definitely agree with that; I absolutely love this song - I think it's great. It's a song that takes you on a journey.
Rigas: Her frustration really comes through during the song, right?
Cole: Oh yeah, definitely. I think Britonisea is looking for a good result here in The Estograd, Estogium.
Rigas: I think BITC of course want to win the contest, but we haven't been in the top 3 for five editions and so I think the broadcaster will want that to happen once again.
Cole: It's also been ten editions since Frida Grover won WorldVision - can you believe that?
Rigas: Wow! Next up is Llalta, though! Let's see what the tiny population have for us?

26. Llalta
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon May 13, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Wed May 01, 2019 12:13 pm

. : 20 - Kishrael - كشرائيل - כשראל : .
Sigal Barda - (Ten Lo Laredet Aleykha)
סיגל ברדה - תן לו לרדת עליך

Language: Hebrew, England

To the Tune Of - Mira - Uit de Tine

Kishrael's participation in the WorldVision Song Contest had become painfully irregular in recent years. The country had missed the last two contests - withdrawing in 71 for security and political reasons, and then being fined and banned from the following year for the late withdrawal. This was not something the Kishraeli broadcaster RESHET regretted, as the integrity and security of the station and all of its artists was paramount. Thus, the 73rd competition was the first opportunity that Kishrael had had to return to the contest, and they had taken it by sending 25 year old singer Sigal Barda, from the capital Rakaphy, to the contest. With active participation in both World Hit Festival and WorldVision confirmed, it finally appeared Kishrael was back on track.

Sigal is part of a wave of new young musicians, kind of like Chaya before her, that are attempting to rise in the Kishraeli music scene. Uniquely, the Kishraeli music scene has remained static for a number of years, with euro-dance still topping the charts. Artists such as Sigal who move away from this very specific sound often seek avenues abroad in order to promote their music. Thus, RESHET has been adopting a policy of poaching these promising, internationally outlooking youngsters and using them for WorldVision. As publicly known, RESHET signs all WorldVision artists to its own record label, meaning international success for the artist also works for the broadcaster, and so there is multiple interests at stake.

From a number of betting agencies who have released odds before the contest, Kishrael has been rated quite highly this year - a change, where Kishraeli typical music tastes have been decidedly middle of the scoreboard. While not so much pressure, Sigal and the whole team at RESHET are positive about their chances this edition. The lull in Kishraeli results is making it more and more difficult each year to source funding for the contest from public and private backers, thus, a good result in The Estograd would be beneficial to Kishraeli participation in the future, and, while unlikely, it would be impressive for Kishrael to add to the number of victories it has in the contest.

With a mid-tempo song, many in the delegation were puzzled on just how to stage it. Typically Kishraeli songs had more dynamism and movement, and focused less on the emotion. Thus, something smart was needed to hit the balance of melancholic dance pop (a genre in which Kishrael had scored three of its victories, albeit many many years ago).

The muted applause and cheers from Kishraeli members of the crowd after the end of the Kishraeli postcard signalled the start of the Kishraeli performance - the dark stage hiding what was to come. The RESHET team had spared no expense, importing a large circular stage to be placed on the main stage itself. Around this stage, LED tubes, around the height of a tall man, were placed at even intervals. Sigal was in the centre of this circular stage/platform dressed like this. Around her were members of band, while their instruments were slightly irrelevant to the song they were there for effect. As the first notes of the song started, the LED tubes began lighting from the base to the top, the lights dropping and falling in time with the beat of the song. Sigal stood in one place as she sang the first lines.

Ha'eynayyim ykholot lir'ot
העיניים יכולות לראות

Aval gam efshar she'yarumu
אבל גם אפשר שירומו

Az kshehashitafon mityabeshet
אז כשהשיטפון מתייבשת

O kshehalehavah bo'eret
או כשהלהבה בוערת

For the next part the stage came into colour, with blues, silvers and whites. Interestingly, the delegation had chosen to keep Sigal in black and white with prominent red lipstick highlighting her out. Thus, her grey form was surrounded by various colours creating a striking effect. The heavy drums in this part of the song were emphasised by camera shots of the still darkened drummer hitting the instruments with emotion, even though he was miming, what a talent. Sigal detached the microphone from the stand, and sidled forward a little, not moving too far as she still held the microphone stand in her other hand.

Tir'eh mah, she'ani osah
תראה מה שאני עושה

Tir'eh mah, she'gamarta li la'asot
תראה מה שגרמת לי לעשות

Chashavta she'ahavah tischorer otkha?
?חשבת שאהבה תשחרר אותך

B'vakasha
בקשה

Letting the microphone stand go as she moved even more forward, she began to sing the chorus. Moving in time with the music and putting her hand in her hair to create layering and a messy, but still appropriate look, she was able accurately convey the emotion she wanted to express in the song. A number of facial shots were taken, but Sigal didn't close her eyes in order to engage her audience. The only time she did look away was in the final part of the chorus, where off-stage backing singers sung the final line of the chorus, and Sigal looked up to the roof of the building and raised her hands.

Az ksheha'instinktim mshanim et hayad shelkha
אז כשהאינסטינקטים משנים את היד שלך

V'ein lkha haklapim l'sachek
ואין לך הקלפים לשחק

Nigmar lkha hamazal
נגמר לך המזל

Hayyiti tzarikh lakachat et haiyriah shelkha ksheyesh lkha otah
היית צריך לקחת את היריה שלך כשיש לך אותה

ואין לך הקלפים לשחק

Az ten lo laredet aleykha kmo geshem
אז תן לו לרדת עליך כמו גשם

Sigal stays on the platform, walking back to the middle for a part of the next verse. As she continues, she goes to one side, and leans against one of the neon poles, she looks ALMOST seductive as she sings, mimicking a crawling motion on her arm after the line about scorpions, when her backing vocalists pick up the slack for that. Meanwhile, she is squatting lower and lower on the pole, so to be honest, it's kinda hot, especially with the way she holds her mouth while not singing.

Im atah roked im ze'evim
אם אתה רוקד עם זאבים

Im shinayyim chasufot
עם שיניים חשופות

Tinashek
תינשך

Im atah shakav im akravim
ואם אתה שכב עם עקרבים

Zochlim al ha'or
זוחלים על העור

Ti'aketz
תיעקץ

For the pre-chorus, she jumped up and moved to the centre forward part of the platform, nearer to the audience. With a wide gate, and one hand on her hips, she sung the next part. The camera began to zoom in on her, but moved to the heavier beats in the song, as the blue and silver lights around her also danced in time to the beat. Sigal looked both right and left for parts of the song, the cameras catching from both sides diagonal shots of her face and shoulders - very hot and good, I promise.

Tir'eh mah, she'ani osah
תראה מה שאני עושה

Tir'eh mah, she'gamarta li la'asot
תראה מה שגרמת לי לעשות

Chashavta she'ahavah tischorer otkha?
?חשבת שאהבה תשחרר אותך

B'vakasha
בקשה

At this chorus, Sigal began moving around the platform, swinging from the LED poles. A cameraman in front of her followed her moves, or rather she followed him. Thus the audience at home got a frontal view of Sigal, while the audience in the arena may have been slightly bemused as to what was happening.

ואין לך הקלפים לשחק

Nigmar lkha hamazal
נגמר לך המזל

ואין לך הקלפים לשחק

For the final verse the stage went dark again, only the LED poles flashing their colours. Sigal moved to the centre of the platform. Then from behind her, rays of silver light began to shine, creating her silhouette in the screen. Her voice sounded more tender in English, perhaps a sense of nervousness, or the feeling of the lyrics in the song began to touch her so that her voice had natural breaking moments which added layers and depth to the song or something like that.

Think about what you’re chasing
Maybe you don’t have the memories you want
But the flood will come
Just wash it away, let it fall on you like rain
Think about who is watching
Maybe he kept a star for you up there
And the sun will set
So wash it away, let it fall on you like rain

For the start of the final chorus, effects on the screen mirrored the guitarists and drummer while simultaneously overlaying their images over one of the full stage with Sigal on it. As the chorus gained power as it continued, the stage burst into full colour. Finally, Sigal's skin became normal (no longer grey) and she stood in the centre singing powerfully the final part of the song. The back of the stage simulated the falling of rain, silvers and blue as it fell, as did the bottom of the stage. A light wind blew Sigal's her slightly, creating an impressive gusty effect, and a great finale to the song due to the incorporation of many individual elements which had been seen in the song previously.

ואין לך הקלפים לשחק

Nigmar lkha hamazal
נגמר לך המזל

ואין לך הקלפים לשחק

ואין לך הקלפים לשחק

With the instrumental ending the song, the stage got progressively darker until only the neon poles were visible again. Sigal bowed her head as the final note played. With that, the crowd erupted in cheers and Sigal knew she had done what she had to do. She smiled as the lights came back on and let out a "thank you" deep into the microphone which muffled her voice. Because of the complexity of the contraption that RESHET had brought, the hosts were back on stage to divert the attention away from the technical team who frantically disassembled the contraption to make way for the next performance on stage.

Sigal Barda - Let it Fall on You

The eyes can see
They can also be deceived
So when the flood dries
Or when the fire burns

Look what I’m doing
Look what you made me do
You though that love would set you free?
Oh please…

When your instincts change your hand
And you don’t have the cards to play
You’re out of luck
Should have taken your shot when you had it
So when your instincts change your hand

So let it fall on you like rain

If you're dancing with wolves
With wide open teeth
You're gonna get bitten
And if you lie with scorpions
Crawling on your skin
You will be stung

Look what I’m doing
Look what you made me do
You though that love would set you free?
Oh please…

You’re out of luck

Think about what you’re chasing
Maybe you don’t have the memories you want
But the flood will come
Just wash it away, let it fall on you like rain
Think about who is watching
Maybe he kept a star for you up there
And the sun will set
So wash it away, let it fall on you like rain

You’re out of luck
And you don't have the cards to play
Last edited by Kishrael on Sat May 04, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Estogium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

73rd WorldVision Song Contest | Host Intervention #2

Postby Estogium » Thu May 02, 2019 8:07 am

Riko Wilson: Well thank you to Kishrael for that performance. We have now heard 20 nations of the WorldVision Song Contest and we are finally on the home straight!

Israael Kashtkar: I know, it's almost like our time here in The Estograd is almost over, I kinda feel a bit sad, if you know what I mean!?

Riko Wilson: I get you but you have to think about it. Not only do we have a few nations left to perform on the stage, but we also have the exciting voting ahead of us and of course the winner's performance.

Israael Kashtkar: We also have the interval act to enjoy too! Right I think we shoul-

Riko Wilson: Hold up, I thought that you were going to give us a little - oh I don't know - performance showing us the talent that you have!

Israael Kashtkar: Oh, we don't need that. I am sure everyone at home knows exactly who I am...
The audience laughed and cheered as Israael looked at the camera and winked, Riko slightly pushed the man.

Riko Wilson: Oh come on, Israael! It will be a bit of fun, why not?

Israael Kashtkar: Oh, alright then! Let's give the audience a little something!

Suddenly, as Israael said "alright then", around 20 Estogians - male and female - stormed the stage waving Estogian flags high up in the air. They all looked as though they were young and they all dressed quite urban. The camera zoomed on two of these Estogians who were standing on the island in the middle of the arena. These two, in contrast to the rest of the Estogians, wore rather formal clothing..

Israael, 12 points!
Esto.gi.um douze PWOAH-PWOAH-PWOAH-PWOAH-PWOAH-PWOAH-PWOAH

I'm Israael Kashtkar, I am so amazing!
Represented my country twice, I'm dazzling
The first time I got - sixth place!
That was our fouth best - result!

As the Estogians on the stage started to dance around Israael, his face was shown on the large LEDs and the screens around the arena. The camera then cut to audience members who were wearing masks of Israael Kashtkar. They danced to the beat of the song. Loads of different colours filled up the arena.

Now I'm hosting WorldVision, I'm the ultimate fan! - You are!

--

"Ready?"
"Oh my Gosh, let's go"

The camera then focused on the two who were on the island stage. The pair then ripped off their formal clothing to reveal shorts and shirts with Israael's face brandished over them. There was a wide shot as sprinklers shot into the air for the chorus of the song.

Israael, Israael - douze points
Amazing and no one can deny

Amazing and no one can deny

At the end of the song, Israael is hoisted in to the air like a king with Riko being pushed down to the floor. As the song finishes, Israael says the final line -

See, Riko! Yeah, We all know here that I can sing!
Douze points!

The camera quickly zoomed in as Estogium's Crystal Ball arena cheered loudly for their co-host, Israael. Riko Wilson got himself up from the floor and dusted himself off. The camera then turned to face him. Riko looked at the camera and did a face.

Riko Wilson: Riiiight, okay then...I was only asking. Up next is Natanya, let's hope they're not too bigheaded with their performance!
Last edited by Estogium on Mon May 13, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Natanya
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanya » Thu May 02, 2019 8:17 am

21. Natanya
Zhennie - Bored of it already.
Alizée - J'en ai marre!

Zhennie's outfit for the performance, for the whole performance Zhennie follows a dance routine that can be found here in a earlier live performance of the song on domestic television. For the performance Zhennie is stood in a large bird cage like structure, designed like this but without the swing and fairly large. The background is filled with varying white and yellow shapes with a background that ombred from a bright pink to a light blue. The stage itself was covered in a low simulated fog, which itself had a light blue hue to it. As the music begins lights flash periodically out onto the audience, when the stings kick in the camera angles quicly change multiple times with them, each shot being of Zhennie at a different angle. As the first verses commence the camerawork mainly consists of slow pans and different angles of Zhennie, interjected with quick shots when the strings play.

It is no use, ah.
Bored of the abuse, ah,
Hand on the noose, ah
Not me.
My poison’s rouge, ah
Drink it if you choose, ah
It’s yours to lose, ah.
You know.

They try and taunt
Well, I don’t care,
Feel free to flaunt,
Cause I don’t care.
Go have a jaunt,
However you fair,
And if you daunt,
Don’t have a mare!

It is no use, ah.
Bored of the abuse, ah,
Having a truce? Ah,
So what?
Feel like Cereus,, ah
Drunk on chartreuse, ah,
Starting to deduce, the misuse.
I’ll tell you why!

The camera work for the chorus was a back and forth between a panning zoomed out shot of the audience for the first line, and a shot Zhennie dancing for the second, repeating this at different angles for each throughout the chorus.

I’m bored of it already,
Yet it still going steady,
People having a cow,
The tiniest thing and they row,
I’m sick of nihilism,
Depressive pacifism,
Do something with your life,
The self-pity is rife,
I know people try,
But too many just die,
And I know that it’s hard,
But don’t be on your guard!
You don’t have to take offence,
Just let life commence,
Why don’t we just cheer up?
Ya see?

With the "Ya see?" at the send of the chorus the bars of the cage all spread and fell to the ground, becoming obscured by the low fog, making it now appear that Zhennie was just stood on a platform. For the next verse, the camera was fixed on a slowly zooming body shot of Zhennie for the whole verse, only interjected by the quick shots when the strings played. The chorus afterwards had the same camera work as the chorus before.

It is no use, ah.
Bored of the abuse, ah,
Try to induce, ah, pleasure.
Don’t try to seduce, ah,
Cause it’s not use, ah,
Maybe if you were more loose,
I’ll tell you why!

I’m bored of it already,
People having a cow,
I’m sick of nihilism,
Depressive pacifism,
The self-pity is rife,
I know people try,
But too many just die,
Just let life commence,
Ya see?

For the instrumental break the camera panned around the stage in a circle from just off the stages edge, it continued this during the "Bam ba da bam bam", but when that part begins, a simulated rain shower falls from above onto the stage and Zhennie's platform. Once again the camerawork follows the same pattern for the last chorus.

Bam ba da bam bam
Ba da ba da bam bam
Ba da ba da bam bam
Ba da ba da bam bam X4

I’m bored of it already,
People having a cow,
I’m sick of nihilism,
Depressive pacifism,
The self-pity is rife,
I know people try,
But too many just die,
Just let life commence,
Ya see?

Bam ba da bam bam
Ba da ba da bam bam
Ba da ba da bam bam
Ba da ba da bam bam
X3

As the song and dance routine ends, a now wet Zhennie smiles flirtily at the camera and then thanks the audience for the reception.
Last edited by Natanya on Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

WV21 - Savnic - The Japanese Girl - 22nd - 25 points,
WV31 - Kaylileenástkadeenada Ñadiakimadoradaþínkaðerren - You Can't Make Me Cry - 16th - 37 points,
WV32 - Tuo Su and Yao Su - Internal Fire - 19th - 42 Points,
WV34 - CNLD,
WV38 - CNLD.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Thu May 02, 2019 2:22 pm

Missus X's post has been split out of the thread and placed in the evidence locker.

Missus X receives a *** warning for inappropriate content *** and a vote of nul point from any Audioslavian judges present at Worldvision.

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Thu May 02, 2019 5:37 pm

Rick Leg - "[censored]"
Tune: Big Shaq - "Man's Not Hot"

(Due to a mod ruling, this entry has been heavily censored.)

Rick Leg hasn't given enough [censored] recently to the [censored] watching this, so we start off with a [censored] on the stage which [censored]. Rick, er, [censored] in front of it.

ok
oh [censored]
rick leg
its time for me
[censored] off
right off
oh [censored]
real [censored]
yeah [censored] innit fam
boom

2 + 2 is 4 minus 1 thats 5 [censored] maths
every day im on the [censored]
smoke [censored]
see worldvision on the stage
this contests [censored]
when the [censored] went [censored] [censored] [censored]
the [censored] was flying

oh damn i sneeze
just let him [censored] me
old men young men
stop [censored] on me
u [censored] [censored] [censored] on the road
slippery surface
oh [censored] me
spin off in my bentley

(perfect)
on the road doing [censored]
im a train
saw me [censored] fam I knows
see a train [censored] me up
do trains have genders (ha)
[censored] by tenders (wot)
u [censored]
i see your [censored] its like
like a big garden hose
shhhhhhhh
u get me
boom
mans gonna [censored] again (yeah yeah)
u know liek dat (yeah yeah)
u feelin dat (yeah yeah, vibe)
oh [censored] u (vibe)
i couldnt give a [censored] about this song
boom
let's go

boom
train 444 to station 4
it was 1, 2, 5, and 4
[censored] like a concrete door
im only 44
im so [censored] gay
i love theresa may
hit me up fam
then we [censored] go
taste my [censored] u [censored]
taste my [censored] u [censored]
im on the [censored] and [censored]
no [censored] just [censored]
raw [censored]
boom
yo
gah
the [censored] goes [censored]

The [censored] [censored], with [censored] going everywhere.

[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]
[censored]-[censored]-[censored] [censored] [censored]
and i [censored] [censored] [censored]-[censored]-[censored] [censored]
bwoah
[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]
[censored] [censored]
im done now
rick leg
yo
yeah yeah
right
[censored] [censored] [censored] all day
u get me
mans so gay
bwoah i tell u mans so gay
i tell u mans so gay
the girl told me take off ur makeup
i said babes mans so gay
yo
cant be too gay
[censored] and [censored]
eat my [censored]
yo
i done now

(OOC: if that's not acceptable I don't know what is >:( )
Last edited by Missus X on Sat May 04, 2019 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Fri May 03, 2019 12:03 am

23. Scotatrova
Daydream
What we both know

Tune: Pretend - CNCO

Green - Ivan Pareja
Red - Jaime Arboleda
Orange - Jorge Ruiz
Blue - Aaron Figueroa
Purple - Sergio Andrade
No color/Black - All

Scotatrova returns once again to WorldVision Song Contest after its debut in WorldVision 72. After placing 13th in the previous edition, Scotatrova hopes to perform even stronger this time around. At the last contest, Andre Valerio was the candidate for the Scotatrovian People's Republic in WorldVision 72, and for this edition, Scotatrova will be represented by not just one singer, but five! Daydream is a boy band consisting of members Sergio Andrade, Jaime Arboleda, Aaron Figueroa, Ivan Pareja and Jorge Ruiz who will be competiting in WorldVision 73. Coming in with an already massive following both in Scotatrova and the Hescettgovian world, can Daydream keep the roll they've been on here at WorldVision? Their song What we both know already is a big hit in Scotatrova and overseas, so lets see if Daydream can perform just as well here as they do at home.

All five boys are standing on the stage, each with an individual spotlight. All of them looking down, dressed in leather jackets and jeans. Ivan stands before the rest of the boys, each of them behind him in a descending order, forming a V. The spotlights on the other boys go dark, with only one shining on Ivan as he begins to sing.

Ei'x go qüerí esre emate, siv o non?
Parquoth xari, ie poix
Axtia nuiaíxa, va ai critar
Comon esquier nuix

Do you want to be loved, yes or no?
Because baby, I can
Tonight, you will scream
Like last night

I'm not as innocent as I can be
Do you really think that this is just a game?
You knew that this was real right from the start
Now it is what we both know

He sings with such ease while not doing anything too extreme with it, sounding calm, tender and powerful all at the same time. Sometimes simple is enough, and Ivan is here to prove that. As Ivan finishes his verse, another spotlight shines on Jaime.

Baby who do you think you're kidding
Acting like I can't tell you enjoy it
But you're trying to keep it very hidden yeah, yeah

Baby I can see right through you
I know how you are really feeling
Who you are really dreaming of

Jaime gives a fresh performance on a very energetic and involved note. Once Ivan is done yet again, the spotlights on the remainder of the group turn out and each of them spread out across the stage, with Ivan remaining in the middle. The camera takes a quick pan over to the left, where we find Jorge.

What I'm looking for (looking for)
Is someone I can love (I can love)
Can't be that hard to find (that hard to find)
What more do you want?

Parquoth xari, ie poix
Comon esquier nuix

Because baby, I can
Tonight, you will scream
Like last night

Jorge sings so comfortably with such relaxation. The transitions between the members flows so smoothly, and they keep together so well with the rythm of the song.

If we heal we can't just stay broken
And if you're gone for another night
I don't know what I will do with myself

We would just hook up all the ti-ime
Then you'd toss me out like a di-ime
I can't do this without you

Sergio and Aaron have such a chemistry that it shows while they're singing. Their voices accompany one another while Ivan's voice serves as a nice addition.

What I'm looking for (looking for)
Is someone I can love (I can love)
Can't be that hard to find (that hard to find)
What more do you want?

Parquoth xari, ie poix
Comon esquier nuix

Because baby, I can
Tonight, you will scream
Like last night

At this point the boys begin to break out into choreography. They flow well with one another, each picking up on one another's cue and following it. At this point, they are all equally spread out from each other, and the lights dim on them all. Starting again with Ivan, they intensify with each singer on their part.

Now it is what we both know (x2)

Parquoth xari, ie poix
Comon esquier nuix

Because baby, I can
Tonight, you will scream
Like last night

They saved their most memorable portion of the song for last. Blending together in a marvelous harmony, the group continues with their previous choreo. At this point, their voices become one, though distinguishable.

Parquoth xari, ie poix
Comon esquier nuix

Because baby, I can
Tonight, you will scream
Like last night

Now it is what, now it is what we both know

The lights cut one last time as they finish the song. Once they come back on, each member of the group takes a bow, and waves to the crowd. They proceed to give eachother hugs and pats on the back for a job well done, and a job well done it was. Finally, Ivan blows the crowd a kiss as the group exits the stage.
Last edited by Scotatrova on Fri May 03, 2019 2:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

24 | Besen

Postby Besen » Fri May 03, 2019 6:22 am

24 | Besen
Leona | "Butterfly"
Florina - In The Shadow
Music & Lyrics - Leona Riesem

Leona

Fairly unknown to the general crowd of Worldvision fans, Leona Riesem made her way into the Besenian music industry as a songwriter for bigger stars, having writing credits on all of the top 10 charting songs, at one point in 2018.

She had moved to the giant city of Lipa at the age of 17, leaving her old life behind to pursue a life of struggle and hard work. She barely afforded her shared apartment for many years, as she served customers in a restaurant, while after work writing her own music. She gave performances to small bars in the city, which allowed her to gather an audience of music professionals by accident. The head of a major record label was having a drink as he heard her lyrical capacity- and he knew immediately he needed to get her services in his company. She left her previous job in days, to professionally carry on in her journey.

It was when she wrote “Piece of Your Heart” for Harriet Ákel that she was given the attention of many stars, needing her in the process of making their music. The song went to number one for a long time, back in 2013, pushing through as one of the only soulful hits of the 2010’s in Besen. She was known for her ability to channel the past through her words, and often received praise for this. Although, this made her prone to being captured in the hungry pop world, which she reluctantly supplied so many hit songs.

Hating the life that she had accidentally made for herself, she had recently taken a break from working, to focus on her life with her husband. She had a child in 2017, giving her the strength to once again feel joyous in what she did. And so, on the day of her daughter’s first birthday, she wrote “Butterfly” in the perspective of someone trapped by somebody holding her down, teaching her daughter to fly high over this trouble.

Leona was close friends with Sonique Bontis (whom tried to participate in Worldvision for Besen via Besarfest), and she had persuaded her to send “Butterfly” for consideration in Cana dor Besein 73. Once it had got in, she emerged as a favourite with international audiences and also the Besenian public- giving her the fire to compete for the honour with the passionate overview she was known for. She hopes to spread the message of “Butterfly” to the families of the World that struggle with the story behind the song, giving them the strength to fly over mountains.

The graphics sweep past the screen, and reveals the stage, with Leona alone in a white suit, almost masculine, yet glamourous. There lies a LED pink flower underneath her feet, showcased as the camera begins on the ceiling- as Leona glances up towards it. It follows the path of the song down to a straight point of view which is frontal towards her. Two orange spotlights either side of the stage are glowing down upon the scene. So although the stage could be seen as empty, is very much fits the atmosphere that the producers have tried to convey. Her charisma fills up the emptiness, and her facial expressions as she sings her own lyrics are powerful, but not too over the top.
(Fly, fly)

Where I face it all, where I always fall
This could determine it
The power of your heart, the power of your touch
Where I try again, where I lie again
You are my saviour, my only refuge
Can I believe again?

The camera shots become more tight and this compliments the build of the song, and the lighting, which was once small and rather normal, scatters across the stage, as though it is a skyline. There is a vibe of freedom, and much of the darkness from the beginning, is now irrelevant to the new scene of positive chaos.
Sit back, let loose, lay in my arms
So that you can feel safe
This is all an illusion
Once you see me rise I will fly high

Leona’s vocals are sharp, yet painfully emotive. She belts her words with drive and urgency- maintaining the atmosphere of the staging. The lights focus themselves at her positions in the centre of the stage. She connects to her audience well, working the cameras that swing around her as well as reaching out to the crowd surrounding her.
Like a butterfly, like a butterfly
I will fly over mountains in the darkness of the night
I will fly over mountains until I find the light
Fly, fly, fly, yeah

A more circular motion to the lights begins, keeping the orange feel, rising up and then falling down again. A close up view of Leona allows her to give 100% of her attention to selling the song to the people watching at home. It becomes evident through the use of such tight angles of the stage, sometimes blocking the live crowd from seeing her properly, that she is mainly appealing to fans outside of the arena.
When I breathe for once, when I see for once
You can't blind with your love
I am a woman, I believe I'm strong
Once I breathe again, once I see again
They'll be no stopping me baby
I am a warrior, I'm gonna fight for me

For the first time in the performance, she leaves her mic stand to wander left and right, almost looking lost, but conveying her power as a woman. The once orange lights switch to a strong red for a short time.
Get up, go away, fall from my grace
So that I can be free
You are only an illusion
Now you see me rise I will fly tonight

For the final stretch of the song the red lighting recently introduced completely fades in favour of a dark pink shade that compliments her outfit much better. There appears the full journey of the staging, as a sort of 360 turn occurs, in the form of a new LED image, new wider camera shots and new found grit in Leona’s voice. Falling from the top of the ceiling, a single white rose held up by a non-visible string, which helps it to descend slowly. And with the low speed, Leona is able to grasp the flower, in an apparent emotional moment that finds its importance as the final seconds of the track come around.
I will fly over mountains in the darkness of the night
I will fly over mountains until I find the light-oh-oh
Fly, fly, fly, yeahhh (I'm gonna find the light)
Fly, fly, I will fly over mountains until I find the light

Breathless and evidently shaken, Leona descends into tears, thanking the crowd before being rushed off by the crew.
Last edited by Besen on Sun May 12, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

25 | Britonisea | Alyxhia Willis - Want You Home

Postby Britonisea » Fri May 03, 2019 10:01 am

#25 BRITONISEA
Alyxhia Willis - "Want You Home"
Tune : Aly Ryan - "Wear Your Love"
Music: Alyxhia Willis James Embankmnent, Tasha Louise, Abigail Steyn, Jayden Christopher Lyrics: Alyxhia Willis, James Embankment

Alyxhia Returns: Alyxhia Willis returns to WorldVision Song Contest thanks to emphatic VM2019 win in Machievelihe

The winner of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019, Alyxhia Willis, returns to the WorldVision Song Contest stage in Estogium after her appearance at the 67th edition. She is Britonisea's 34th representative.

BITC's decision to send Eva Almast to the WorldVision Song Contest was a tricky one that the broadcaster had to deal with. They had faced backlash from media stating that since BITC took over from BVC for the 61st WorldVision Song Contest, this would be the first time that the broadcaster would fall back in to old ways and become BVC. This is, of course, alluding to Britonisea's results since BITC sent their first WorldVision Song Contest entry in recent times to Togonistan. Since then, the nation has failed to place outside of the top 9. Britonish fans of the WorldVision Song Contest were adamant that if Eva Almast goes to the WorldVision Song Contest in Lipa, Besen, the nation would almost certainly fail. Public support for Britonisea at the WorldVision Song Contest, while it has been lower than the grand old days when BVC used to garner over 12 million views for each WorldVision Song Contest regardless of where the nation finished, has been rather good in recent editions probably down to the nation's success, reaching the upper 9 millions and having consolidating figures of 10 million watching. Though, due to the public's opinion of Eva Almast representing Britonisea in WorldVision alongside the clash against Britonisea's Vha Mehlodhivestoile on BVC 1, the amount of people who ended up watching the Grand Final of WorldVision Song Contest 73 was around the upper 6 million mark, with consolidated figures of around the high 7 million.

Despite the nation not putting hope on Eva Almast, her WorldVision song did better than expected. During the half-time scoreboard in Lipa, Britonisea placed 10th out of 18 nations which would've seen the nation return to the right hand side for the first time in ages. Britonisea had only received 28 points by the halfway point, with Mister X following closely behind with 25 points. The host had 29. Britons knew that in the second half of the voting, the nation usually doesn't do as well. On most occasions, Britonisea receives the large bulk of their points during the first half of voting. This didn't put minds at ease as Britons watched Eva Almast smiling, hoping that she would jump up that scoreboard. However, as more nations voted, there was significant movement for Eva Almast as Scotatrova, Mercedini and Todlichebujoku all had Britonisea in their top 2. Izmedu, for the first time since they rejoined the 63rd WorldVision Song Contest, failed to give Britonisea any points. In the end, Eva Almast received 70 points placing 6th - 11 points from 5th place. Eva had received a somewhat "hmm okay" reaction from the Britonish Public as her placing at WorldVision was slightly overshadowed by the pending results of the highly exciting Vha Mehlodhivestoile.

This year, a different approach was taken for Vha Mehlodhivestoile. Reopening international artists for the first time since 2017 had people wondering whether Britonisea could be going in the same direction as the eventual winner of the 2017 edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile. BVC and BITC reminded people that the runner up of the 34th World Hit Festival was Etela Tomac who is actually from Izmedu and so opening applications to international participants is a good thing and successful. For the second year running, it was a joint BITC and BVC venture and both broadcasters were in agreement that they wanted to have at last one song which one significant member of the WorldVision Song Contest participating nations would love instead of a song which appeals specifically to a Britonish audience. Since Taron's win at the WorldVision Song Contest 64, results have stabilised at around 4th place before dipping to 6th. Whilst still very respectful, BITC are wanting to go for much more come the Grand Finals of WorldVision in neighbouring nation, Estogium.

While it wasn't known at the time, the winner of the 1st Semi-Final (which had taken place in Telm Arena, the arena that held the 66th WorldVision Song Contest) was Alyxhia Willis who won with 117 points clear of Laila Khan's 102 points. Alyxhia had received the largest margin between the winner and second place in the contest. Alyxhia Willis had performed in slot #2, which was seen as a death slot especially after the performance from Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa - the Todlichebujoki pair that finished 3rd in the Grand Final. Alyxhia Willis walked into the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019 as a hot favourite with her previous experience of performing on a large stage playing to her favour. Alyxhia Willis heard that she was performing in 3rd position after automatic qualifiers Giselles and just one before the Todlichebujoki pair (who also qualified due to the Battle Stage). Third position in the Grand Final is a very special running order as it was the position the first ever winner - Mini Surrey North - performed in. Her odds in Britonisea rose significantly, but as did George Alleyne's (who received spot 7, last year's winning spot), Rochelle Fox's (2017's winning spot) and interestingly, AUTUMN's. AUTUMN had received success in the charts only after their performance, whereas the likes of Alyxhia Willis had that success going into Vha Mehlodhivestoile.

In the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019, as the voting of the international jury started, it was very unclear as to who was going to win overall. In Alyxhia's case, she started off well with the ABEN Jury giving her a total of 8 points. As the points continued, Alyxhia received 5 points from Main Nation Ministry and Plangainer before Belgaam stepped it up a gear by giving her 10 points. It wasn't until Polkopia voted (8th Juror out of 14) that Alyxhia received 12 points. Her place on the scoreboard was becoming more established as she was one of the front runners...finally. By the end of the international vote, to the surprise of the Britons, Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa won the Jury Vote with 112 points compared to Alyxhia's 100. Whilst it seemed like an incredible task, Alyxhia would have to gain 13 points more than the pair to win, hoping that no one else overtakes her. As it had been revealed that over 23 million votes had came through from Britonisea, the Britonish Televotes came out. As Doportedas voted, before Younes revealed the top 2 placing songs in the area, Alyxhia was a total of 18 points behind the leader (AUTUMN) and 15 behind the Todlichebujoki pair. It had seemed as though Alyxhia being in the running faded away. Until the next few votes came through…

At the start of vote six, she was in fourth place, but after gaining 20 points across the next two votes, the last vote was down to the wire. With it simply between AUTUMN (who had 167 points and needed Alyxhia to get 10 instead of 12 to win) and Alyxhia. In the end, Lucie Dagenham announced that Telm City put Alyxhia as first and she gained the final set of 12, putting her into the lead. She won Britonisea's biggest show with a huge score, double to what Mini Surrey North received in 2016. It showed how large the national final had become since it's first show four editions ago. With £150,00 BPS ($262,800 USD) in her hand and a ticket to The Estograd, Estogium, she was ready to represent Britonisea...again...at the WorldVision Song Contest.

Coincidentally, Alyxhia's win scored another win in a row for someone from Quickenden. During the first two years of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, someone from Tonesk won with Taron Woods from last year being from Quickenden too. The 40 year old, in between her WorldVision appearance and applying for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019 had been focusing on being a vet, owning a small business in Quickenden that was becoming more and more popular due to Alyxhia's sudden stardom. Her appearance on the WorldVision Song Contest in Darkmania gave Britonisea it's 5th 2nd placing and it was the last time Britonisea placed in the top 2. Although she had admitted that she didn't watch WorldVision that much, she admitted that after participating and being forced to embrace the culture of WorldVision, she had seriously enjoyed it and wanted to do it again...through Vha Mehlodhivestoile which she thought was a more democratic decision to decide Britonisea's participant. Darkmania, Scottish Socialists and Ceyesca all gave Britonisea 12 points. Alyxhia hopes that at the 73rd WorldVision Song Contest, she can gain more than that.

Alyxhia's journeys to the WorldVision Song Contest are never that long, it seems. Before, she only had to travel to Darkmania and now she only has to travel to The Estograd. Though, since The Estograd is on the other side of the country to the nation's border to Britonisea, the journey there had some time to it. Alyxhia's first impressions of The Estograd were "it's just like home!!". Alyxhia, since landing in The Estograd, has been rehearsing a lot, giving herself breaks only when she needs it and giving herself a load of time to sleep and recover for the next day of rehearsal. She will want to make sure that this performance is absolutely perfect for the WorldVision Song Contest stage as she really wants to better her result at the 67th WorldVision Song Contest. Britonisea wants her to better her result.

She is working with the same team as the team she worked with at the the 67th WorldVision Song Contest. They are highly trained and are ready for the contest lying ahead. Back at home, everyone seems rather excited about Britonisea at the WorldVision Song Contest. BITC are highly confident and believe that working with RVC to create a spectacle for the multiverse to see should be an easy task...

ENTRY DETAILS
Below, you can find all of the main details about the entry...

Duration: 3m05
Main Vocalist: Alyxhia Willis
Female Dancing Vocalist 1: Chelsey Witherspoon
Female Dancing Vocalist 2: Joanna Hugh-Smith
Lyricists: Alyxhia Willis, James Embankment
Composers: Alyxhia Willis, James Embankment, Tasha Louise, Abigail Steyn, Jayden Christopher

The performance from Besen had just finished and received great reception in the stadium. Though, as Britonisea's name flashed on the screens around the arena, the audience was as loud as they were for their own act. Since Britonisea would definitely receive support from their neighbouring nation, Alyxhia felt good about representing Britonisea at this particular edition of the WorldVision Song Contest. There were a load of Britons that were in attendance in The Crystal Ball in Estogium tonight - there were a lot of Britonish flags as well as other flags from around the multiverse. As the postcard was playing, the Estogian crew bought on a large 2 or so metres tall triangle (resembling the one in the music video above at around 00:11) which stood in the middle of the stage. Alyxhia, unlike last time, was not going to have a bunch of women on the stage, gushing over her. She wanted this performance to be a lot classier than the performance before. She had two women joining her on stage in the form of Chelsey and Joanna. Joanna actually was a female backing vocalist for Alyxhia at her previous appearance at the WorldVision Song Contest.

She stood on a small platform that had lights on each end of it - kind of similar to an airport runway, but much classier than that of course. The platform extended out from centre stage right to the end of the stage. Alyxhia's hair looked slightly wet, with the women on either side of her (they weren't on the platform) having the same look as her. The postcard for Britonisea was coming to an end as the crew ran off the stage quickly. Alyxhia was wearing a tight fitting silver outfit which exposed her thighs below. There were dangling bits from her outfit that shook every time that she did. The women on either side were wearing something much more plain to keep the focus on Alyxhia. As the audience applauded for Britonisea, Alyxhia composed herself for her second ever WorldVision performance. On most occasions Britonisea has sent an artist they've already sent, they have done better (Mya Richardson, Mini Surrey North, Tess Philippa) and hopefully she will join that list.

There was a period of silence before the expensive, explosive horn sounds sounded through The Crystall Ball arena in The Estograd, with the horns being joined by a huge cheer from the audience. The triangle behind her lit up a bright white with a blue tint. There was slight low lying fog at the bottom of the stage making the stage much more ominous... As the horns played through the first part of the song, she stood in one strong pose which the women on either side of her were mimicking.

I have waited too long,
Boy, have you disowned me?
You got me chained - locked up.
You've thrown away the key...

At the start of the verse, there was a shot that had a mid shot of her body, with her looking directly in to the camera with a straight face. The camera slowly moved backwards to expose the triangle that was behind her along with the two other women by her side. At the higher pitch drum sound (11s and 19s), the LED flashed a white light down the centre of the of the stage. From the audience's perspective, it looked as though this white light was going down the middle of the triangle and straight down Alyxhia Willis who was standing right in the middle of the stage. At each of those sounds, Alyxhia had moved her body in a very rigid way, twisting her body in each direction - making it as dramatic as she could. The two women on either side of her followed suit. She wasn't looking at the camera as she turned.

As she sang "You've thrown away the key", she turned back to the audience with a facial expression of sorrow and hurt. She rested her hand on her hip as a camera from further away in The Crystal Ball stadium zoomed in, getting faster as we reached closer to her face (23s). As she started to sing the next part of the song, the camera focused down on her fingers, that were placed by her hip, snapping. The shot kept on changing to the other women that were on the stage at each click of the finger...

I miss your laughter that fills up a room...
I miss your body, do you miss mine too?
Got me all nervous, I’m hoping you would…
Just walk right through that door
I'm not asking for more...

During the section above, red lights from the back of the stage starting lighting up and so in and amongst the smoke, you could see a redness simmering. The triangle that was behind Alyxhia changed colours at each click that the women on the stage did, changing from white to green to pink and purple but by the end of it all, the colour that the triangle landed on was red. The audience started clicking their fingers along with Alyxhia Willis and the women on the stage.

As the drums came in for the last bit of the pre-chorus at "right through that door", the shot changed to the furthest one away in the arena before quickly zooming straight towards Alyxhia Willis on the stage. Lights from the front of the stage pointing towards Alyxhia flashed on and off in an array of different colours as the wind machines were turned on maximum. Her hair flowed in the wind as the camera raced towards her, adoring her goddess like stage appearance...

Don’t hate me for wanting you home (Want you home)
Under the duvets, on our own. (Want you home)
Without you, I can’t sleep at night
Oh yeah I want you home
Oh yeah I want you home
Oh yeah you must come home
Dream of me in your sleep, dream of me 'till you come home
Don't stop, don't stop, dream of me in your sleep.
Oh yeah I want you home!

As the chorus reached, she was swaying her body along to the song as the camera captured her from every angle. Alyxhia slightly walked forwards from her position, with the women ascending up on the platform.behind where Alyxhia was placed. The lights on the side of the platform that she was on lit up in a red and the fog started to disappear. Alyxhia looked down at the floor before looking up to meet the glare of the camera. She slightly smiled, but at the same time, she looked desperate to find whoever she needed to find. At the end of the chorus, the harsh horns were reflected in the staging as the red lights at the bottom of the stage flashing on and off in time with the music. As she sang "'till you come home" the stage turned dark with the red triangle being the only thing light was coming from. Alyxhia held her strong pose before the lights came back for the last line of the chorus.

For the second verse section, the lights were stripped back and so was the quickness of the changing of shots. The camera trailed it's way up Alyxhia's body and every few beats, the camera would fade to black. In the back, you could hear a few members of the audience cheering and whistling for Alyxhia as she continued to sing. Her ring glistened in the lights. As she sang "your queen and you are my king" she put her hand to her heart, with another shot zooming out from the wrong on her finger to expose Alyxhia standing on the middle of the platform and the women holding her by the shoulder on each side. The triangle had turned back to blue at the start of the second verse.

You're my protector I, I need your comforting
You made me feel like your queen and you are my king
I miss your laughter that fills up a room...
I miss your body, do you miss mine too?
Got me all nervous, I’m hoping you would…
Just walk right through that door
I'm not asking for more…

The pre-chorus for the song came fast this time. Similarly to the first time, when the clicking part came, the triangle in the back changed colours though this time, the colours were not distinct, with most of them being a blend of multiple different colours. The women were clicking their fingers in a similar fashion to how they were clicking their fingers the first time, but the camera did not close up on them clicking their fingers. Instead a camera on a wire in front of the stage zoomed past, turning on its Axis as it flew past the wonderful Alyxhia. She didn't look at the camera, rather looking out straight towards the audience.

As the drums came in, the wind machine was definitely in full effect once again with the lights flashing on Alyxhia's face along with the women who were very close behind her. the camera zoomed in from a different side of the arena, panning around as it moved closer and closer to Alyxhia. The three women were swaying along to the tune of the music as they sung the chorus once again... The triangle turned red at this point.

Without me, you can’t sleep at night
Oh yeah I want you home
Oh yeah I want you home

However this time, the chorus finished a tiny bit earlier as we went to the bridge of the song rather early. As the mood changes, the red intensified, with it appearing that those watching on television are almost watching her through a red filter due to the intensity of the lights. Alyxhia got on the floor and as she did a Steadicam came on the stage floor and 'walked' to where Alyxhia was with the two singer-dancers who had also gotten down on the floor with her. They all seemed to be curled up in a ball, very compact to each other. Alyxhia looked at the camera as it passed her. The Steadicam moved on and off the stage pretty quickly.

She then got back up to meet the eyeline of the camera that was waiting for her. The triangle behind her was glowing loads of random different colours behind her with a plethora of different projections being shone onto her and those behind her.

I want you home!
I want you home!
Want You Home!

As she started to sing the "I want you home" sections, the camera showed a wide angle of the whole arena with people waving their Britonish flags. The LED was used properly for the first time during the performance as the return of the white line came back but this time, each time it appeared it filled up the whole length of the stage before it turned to black once again. It happened three times before the LED screen in the back had an almost chess board design with the black and white design being flashed on the screen for a split moment. As this moment happened, the camera quickly zoomed for the furthest point emphasise the increase in... everything going into the last chorus of the song.

Without me, you can’t sleep at night
Oh yeah I want you home
Oh yeah I want you home

The camera quickly moved from one side of the stage to the other side of the stage as the backing turned to a different colour which contrasted the colour that was coming from the triangle. The LED would be intense before decreasing in intensity...before becoming intense once again very quickly. She looked out to the audience, ignoring the camera that was high up in the air. As she finished the section above, she flung her head back with the microphone still in her hand in the same position - the camera quickly zoomed in her face as she did this. She then moved her body strongly to face one side of the stage with the women behind her following suit. She changed the direction that she was looking in every two lines...

Oh yeah I want you home!
Oh yeah I want you home!

Because I want you home.

At the end of the song, Alyxhia held a strong pose as everything faded out. Her hair, you could see until everything faded to black, still flowing in the wind created by the wind machine. The audience came in with a huge applause, "Thank you so much!" Alyxhia screamed to the audience as her dancers embraced her from behind. Alyxhia was happy about that performance and hoped that others enjoyed it as much as she did.
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue May 07, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Llalta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Sun May 05, 2019 2:51 am

26 | LLALTA
Penny Tration & Cass Tration - Transdimensional Meat Popsicle in A Minor
Music - John Marshall
Lyrics - Penny Tration, Cass Tration

Tune | Lindsey Porch & Ruth Carr - Spaghetti Again

Cass Tration and Penny Tration, representatives for Llalta in WorldVision 73. This photo shows the two having fun as Cass Tration beats his wife.

For the past couple of months, the LBN has had some financial difficulties after the LBN shed HQ had a pipe leak, in which it couldn't pay for. However, leak fixed and a new burst of energy to participate in WorldVision, Llalta is back with the normal low quality sob songs! Over the recent participations, Llalta has managed to keep in the top 10 twice, a new record for Llalta in WV. So in order to continue this streak, the LBN knew they had to send something game changing to finally take the WorldVision crown. Something only Llalta could do. And after a quick brainstorm, the Llaltese baton was decided upon to be passed onto Llaltese couple, Penny and Cass Tration, music teachers in St.Christopher Academy. This was a recipe for a symphony so beautiful that it would win.

Penny Tration (71) and Cass Tration (75), are a Llaltese couple that both work in the music department at St. Christopher academy and are composers too. Married for 73 years, the couple have been on the verge of divorce since 1868 but are too poor to divorce and thus have been stuck together! Rumour has it they're cousins but that has never been proved. And as for the song... just listen. Good luck!

The postcard finally ends and the crowd are introduced to the Llaltese entry. The lights go black and the crowd anticipates the upcoming entry. Everyone goes silent. Suddenly, the music begins to blare out and the multicoloured lights of red, green and blue billow outwards. The crowd erupt in an ecstatic cheer as the joyous music plays. The LED screen at the back shows stars shooting outwards dramatically, each with Cass Tration's beautiful wrinkled face on them. The stage is alit like a carnival. Then, six scantily dressed showgirls walk onstage, three on each side leaving a parting down the centre, all wearing matching, over the top costumes with huge feather fans. Each one wore a different colour, one blue, red, green, pink, purple and yellow. They walked down the stage uniformly before moving their fans in an arch shape into the centre. The camera zooms into them and then the dancers move their fans over their heads, revealing Cass Tration, dressed in a fabulous golden latex body suit, which sparkles in the spotlights roaming the stage. He begins to sing, slowly limping with his walking stick through the tunnel of dancers and into the front of the stage. He begins to sing with his strong, masculine and husky voice, leaving the audience gasping for air as they fall deeply in love. His eyes sparkle in the light, as he smiles charismatically. The dancers throughout do a little routine, not big enough however to steal the attention from Cass Tration. As he sings the final line, he thrusts sexily, a bold smirk on his face.

Is anyone looking for some
Looking for no strings attached fun?
Someone quite young
Someone ok with a
Seventy-five year old
I'm also a Capricorn
A dog person who likes long walks
Good conversation and a tasty and juicy
Apple sauce

As the dance break starts, the dancers raise the fans up into the skies and begin circling Cass Tration as he steps back a little. Golden sparks burst out of the stage as they do so in a ring around the dancers. The lights become a little darker for the instrumental, showcasing the dancer's neon costumes that illuminate in the darkness. Lasers begin to bounce around the arena, and the LED wall behind shows neon stars swirling in a circle, matching the neon theme of the instrumental. Then the camera pans across the stage as the dancers do a slightly erotic looking dance, squatting and kicking, then spinning and so on and so forth. People are cheering as the dancers death drop and vogue energetically around the stage to the jolly rhythm of the song. As the song edges closer to the chorus, the dancers begins to swirl around Cass Tration who strips down almost completely naked amidst the glitz and glamour that surround him, aside from some golden stars that cover his not so nice to look at parts. The dancers then lift him up as he sits like a roman emperor. He has a golden crown upon his wrinkled head and the camera takes a birds eye view of the stage as Cass looks upwards and winks. The lights go back to being bright again but only this time golden. The lights wildly flash to build the chorus sending the audience into a wild frenzy, flags waving high up in the skies. He leaps off the hands of the dancers and back onto the stage as he sings the beautiful chorus. Together they do a simple routine, Cass squatting and thrusting like there's no tomorrow. Sadly he has chlamydia, so there might not be a tomorrow. The lights, ablaze with gold, rapidly dance around the arena. The dancers then move closer to Cass, before surrounding him and rubbing their bodies against Cass who continues to sing his heart out in the centre of the group. The camera makes sure to close in to further bring out the best qualities in the choreography. As Cass Tration sings the final line the dancers lift him into the air, allowing him to kick, showing his bare feet to the audience who cheer even louder.

Hit me up!
I'm single and ready to meet
Hit me up!
I'm single and into feet

The LED screens at the back quickly shift to show a snazzy light up sign that says "HMU!!" with some Vegas style feather fans and designs. The dancers, using their fans, surround Cass as he continues to seductively sing the beautiful symphony. The smile with their pearly white teeth as they then create some beautiful effects with their fans behind Cass, showing off his body as he moves to the front of the stage, slowly but surely. The bright spotlights follow him on his odyssey to the front of the stage, crowds cheering as he steps closer and closer to them, waving their flags in excitement. The camera throughout makes sure to zoom into him to further support the masterful staging, in which Cass begins to pump his body to the funky rhythm, dancers waving their feathers around him as if he were a pheasant showing off his feathers. The camera then zooms into his face, before panning across the stage, each vibrant and multicoloured spotlight flashing across the wide stage. As he sings the second line, he raises his hands above his head and thrusts outwards towards the audience, causing the crowd to cheer in excitement. He then begins to proudly sing the final line, moving over to the nearest dancer.

I maybe married but I'm real smooth
So come on baby I'll make you oof
She doesn't - Penny what the heck?!

Just as Cass dry humps the nearest dancer in pink, he glances over to his right to see his wife and sister, Penny Tration making out with a very muscled man of around 50. They stumble in mid snog, before realising where they are and brushing themselves down embarrassed. However, Penny Tration takes the opportunity to expose his obviously cheating husband. Before Cass can even process what's going on, Penny struts onstage wearing her golden bikini and golden heels. Behind her come on size muscly young mean each wearing different colour speedos, the same colours of the dancers that surround Cass. They strut on, pushing Cass and his dancers who all look stunned beyond belief. She is lifted by her gang of hot men as the audience scream excitedly, as she sits sexily upon their hands. She then pulls golden confetti out of her knickers and smiles, biting her lip in an attempt to appear sexy. The hot men threw her up into the air before she lands in a splits on the stage. The men then lifted her up into the arms as she begins to sing the final chorus, looking grand as she drags Cass to filth, who looks embarrassed and annoyed beyond belief. On the third line, she is placed down to the floor where she struts over to Cass, circles him and touching his shoulder and smirking, She slut drops before pushing him away sassily, causing the audience to cheer for Penny as she ends Cass' career. She then moves back to her man and looks smugly back to him. The men lift her up and the dancers clad in feathers, their fans wave around her, praising her.

Ahah! Knew it!
I knew that you were cheating on me
When you made out with our brother Steve
So I cheated on you for funsies
I'm getting a divorce

On Penny's final note, the stage gets trippy and colours flash and spin, zooming in on random body parts of Penny. The arena begins to spin and morph out of shape. However it soon returns to normal. As the final instrumentation plays, one of the dancers strips away her neon feathered corset and feathered headdress to reveal a suit and that she was actually a dude wearing a sharp and sleek pinstripe suit who is also a divorce lawyer. After a couple moments chatting, Penny and Cass look very frustrated and make gestures suggesting they might not want to be together. After a couple rude words and language I cannot say, Penny wallops Cass who crumples to the floor in a weeping heap and storms offstage, the jolly music blaring over the cries of pain and regret. The dancers keep dancing and cover Cass' body with their fans, as they smile as if there is a gun pointing at them. They awkwardly dance a couple seconds more, attempting but failing to hide the body behind them. The music fades off and the dancers sob and run offstage to the nearest starbucks. However the crowd continue to cheer and scream in joy, thinking that this was all planned and was a prank. The shows transitions onto the next entry before we can find out what happened.
Last edited by Llalta on Mon May 13, 2019 11:41 am, edited 14 times in total.
~*✧*~
どんなに怖くたって目お逸らさないよ
全ての終わりに愛があるなら
~*✧*~

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Sun May 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Rebekka: Good evening Polkopia and hello to everybody joining in from all across the multiverse! Welcome to the official Polkopian broadcast for the 73rd Worldvision Song Contest in Estogium! My name is Rebekka Yarkovskaya and I'll be providing live commentary for the entirety of this contest. Unfortunately, I will not be joined by any co-commentators or guest stars, so I'll do my best to keep the lot of you entertained, but I'm sure that this contest will do that for you. This is the first time the nation of Estogium has hosted the competition and I must say, I've been very impressed by the professionalism and respect that myself and the rest of the Polkopian delegation have received since stepping foot here. My oh my, if you folks in Polkopia haven't been here yet, I'd highly suggest adding it to your bucket lists because Estograd is a wonderful sight to behold.

00. Opening Act
Riko Wilson ft Elias Nordin - Nations Walk

Rebekka: TBA

----- Performance -----

00. Opening Act
Riko Wilson ft Israael Kashtkar - Race To The Twelve Points

Rebekka: So the second bit of the performance will be sung by our hosts of the evening. One of them, I'm sure you've noticed, was already present for the previous song, meaning that Estogium is hosting this entire event to showcase the talents of their only relevant singer.

----- Performance -----

Rebekka: I love how they kept repeating 'we can’t wait to get the show on the road' yet they were literally keeping us - the audience, I mean, from watching the actual show. What a start though! I'm excited to get this show on the road, so let's get with it!

01. Nekoni
Parejas Suicidas - Best Days Of Our Lives

----- Performance -----

02. Talvezout
Sunny Siracausco - Bang Bang Bang

Rebekka: For you hardcore Worldvision fans, you may remember Ms. Sunny here, who took part in Talvezout E Mouzeh - and won, obviously, which is why she's here tonight. But her song is about female empowerment and fighting back, so I'm sure many of you will enjoy this.

----- Performance -----

Rebekka: So if you cross this young lady, erm Sunny here, she'll go bang bang bang, but I'm not sure what that actually means. She had a sword at one point, but I don't think Ms. Sunny will be able to go bang bang bang with a sword. Anyway, a decent pop number to continue the night, and I'm sure this one will be a huge fan favorite, despite being performed so early on.

03. Main Nation Ministry
The Masked Singer: Shark - Gliding on Velvet Air

Rebekka: Performing third are many fans' favorite toilet break nation - Main Nation Ministry. I think a lot of you horrendously underrate this nation's entries, and I happen to look forward to the day that this nation wins the contest. We've actually been to Main Nation Ministry not too long ago, and despite early safety concerns, they did a fantastic job of hosting.

----- Performance -----

Rebekka: So, for those of you who are returning to the contest after having used the bathroom for the past few minutes, you actually missed a decent song, sorry to say. I mean, the whole shark gimmick thing is a bit weird, especially with a number like that, but hey, gimmicks have proved to be successful in this contest, so I'm not necessarily counting this one out quite yet - and neither should you!

04. Amuaplye
Love and War - The Amuaplyean Powder Keg

----- Performance -----

05. Polkopia
Nikol - Graveyard

Rebekka: And next up we have us! Many of you know Nikol, as she's been all anyone's ever talked about since she won the Landa vy Polkopiya earlier this year. Unpopular opinion, but I wasn't sold on this entry going into this contest, but I hope the best for Nikol anyway. She's such a sweetheart and an incredible performer, so my fingers are crossed for her!

----- Performance -----

Rebekka: I liked it a lot! Of course, I'm biased as hell because I would love to see us win Worldvision after such a long time, but I think we have a shot at getting a decent placement this contest. Maybe we won't win it, but Nikol should be proud of that performance because it was absolutely stunning. Good luck Nikol!

06. Izmedu
IzaRa - Jukim-Jugre

----- Performance -----

07. Avuva
Cora Jeong - No Life to Live

----- Performance -----

08. Antahbrantahstan
RECTOVERSO - Temptation

Rebekka: Next we have Antahbrantahstan, who returns to the Worldvision contest after a one-contest break. If you happen to recognize one of these women, it's because she participated in the 45th edition of the contest and finished almost dead-last. Not surprisingly, that group disbanded shortly after the contest. Anyway, that was over 25 years years ago and this girl hasn't seemed to age a bit! Funny how that works, isn't it?

----- Performance -----

09. Tödlichebujoku
Esvieta Torres - Kenteemsi

Rebekka: So next we have a bit of an interesting character. This woman actually participated in the Landa vy Polkopiya over thirty years ago. Most of you don't remember her, and honestly, neither would I if I hadn't read up on the artist, but her pseudonym was Alisa Nadya. Unfortunately, this girl didn't get her chance to represent Polkopia but I'm happy to see her on this stage, thirty plus years later. Good for you girl - you got this!

----- Performance -----

10. Libumelland
Team T.I.M.E. - Tables Turned

Rebekka: Next, making their debut is Libumelland! I always cheer on those nations that we haven't seen before because it's always great fun seeing a new country, language, culture, and all that compete against those we've already seen for that top spot, for that douze points! Will they be yearning for that top spot? Of course! Will they actually be contenders for that top spot? Only time will tell! Ladies and gentlemen, Team T.I.M.E.

----- Performance -----

Rebekka: Good god, it's finally over. I'm sorry, the song wasn't terrible, but I certainly did not need to hear it twice. I understand their mindset though; sometimes songs just grow on you and you need to hear it a second time in order to fully appreciate it, but that was not the case here. I'm just one person though, I obviously can't speak for the rest of you Polkopians out there, but holy hell my head hurts.

11. Belgaam
Xalimiña - Þil 'o Táżrna

Rebekka: Alright, next up is Belgaam. They're sort of a wildcard since joining Worldvision, aren't they? Yes, I quite like their entries, but they're all over the place sometimes. Anyway we have this young Belgaamian girl... Ksaliminya? Xalimiña? Maybe? Anywho, she's super talented and a big pop star in Belgaam, so you all should be really excited to hear this. Xalimiña, take it away!

----- Performance -----

Rebekka: See, this proved to be another really good song. I don't know what the girl is saying at some parts, but my little cheat sheet here is telling me to tell you all that the chorus is just the Beglish equivalent of 'Don't stay with me-e-e-e'. Not bad I suppose. Again, yes, the song, I very much enjoyed that one, although the stage was a bit... messy? I'm not sure how to quite describe it, but it didn't wow me or anything. Ultimately this is a song contest though, or at least many of you claim that it is, and based off the song itself, it should do well.

12. Ekoz
Jørge Jonsson- Falling

----- Performance -----

13. Not Belgaam
The People Who Are Sick of Not Belgaam Being Assumed as Belgaam - No!

----- Performance -----

14. New Activia
TBA - Some Shitty Roast Song

----- Performance -----

15. Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska
Slaine Etritch - I'm Still Here

Rebekka: You're all probably sitting at home and wondering to yourselves, how on earth am I going to pronounce this country's name? Well, I have no idea either! But we have the lovely Slaine Etritch here who's to represent her nation this edition. Her song, I'm Still Here, I'm told, is a lovely little ballad. How nice, a lovely little ballad for a lovely old little lady. Ladies and gentlemen, please enjoy.

----- Performance -----

Rebekka: Yeah it was lovely and cute, but I'm bored. Like, really bored. Like so bored that I've gone through half a bottle of Polkovsko Vino, who make a superb red blend. Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry, but this put me to sleep real quick. I need something fun, something high-energy now to get me through the rest of this. And next we have Vdara... yay.
Last edited by Polkopia on Tue May 07, 2019 11:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Wed May 08, 2019 11:57 am

Tracy Manson - "Love You All"
Tune: Neiked & Dyo - "Sexual"

Taking a leaf from the WorldVision textbook, for this edition MRX Television decided to play it safe and go for something completely middle-of-the-road and inoffensive at the hope of picking up something from everyone, which will be difficult with this many entries, and therefore they entered an attractive female, Tracy Manson, making her third WorldVision appearance and her second as a solo artist. In the land of love and life, Mister X, it was decided to show off our dancing heritage.

Tracy stood in the middle of the stage. She twiddled her fingers (which were in super close-up) as she stood in half-light on the opening beats of the song. She is wearing a white dress. The camera takes a front-on shot of her as she starts to sing.

We've got the love that we've been searching for
We're going to get with it now
And find out just what we have done
We're gonna dance like we haven't before
We'll be doing the mamba, you know
And then we'll do the samba roll

Some white lights fade up as Tracy flows her left arm out on the first half of the first line, then brings it back in on the second half. On the second line, she does the same with her right arm. The camera follows her arms as it creates some atmosphere. Then the camera zooms in for a front-on shot, before repeating the camera pattern in the second half of the verse.

We are, we are,
We are, we are,
We are
Just who we wanna be now
We're gonna make it very far
We are, we are,
We are, we are,
We are
Tell me how you feel now
Yeah yeah

For the chorus, coloured lights come on along with dancers with Hawaiian shirts on. They dance samba moves, and on the second and third lines of the chorus, they do a samba roll (2:14 in this clip). On those two lines of the chorus, the camera focuses on the dancers from a low-down angled shot rather than on Tracy.

Don't need to love me like I love you
I'm gonna love you all
I'm gonna love you all
Baby, I love you, baby, I do,
I'm gonna love you all
I'm gonna love you all

Tracy walks forwards dramatically as the dancers' lights are turned off.

Baby you know just what I'm looking for
You know I love you, I am yours
We need to love each other more
And now you know just how much I adore
You know we should help others more
So baby, come on, let's not go home

And again, on this pre-chorus, it's a carbon copy of the last pre-chorus, except reversed, so Tracy does her right arm first followed by her left arm (because MRX only has so many staging ideas).

We are, we are,
We are, we are,
We are
Just who we wanna be now
We're gonna make it very far
We are, we are,
We are, we are,
We are
Tell me how you feel now
So baby, let's go-o...

Tracy, being a vixen of all trades, now joins in with the dancers as she sings as the angles on the chorus and the light show is repeated.

I'm gonna love you all
I'm gonna love you all
I'm gonna love you all
I'm gonna love you all

In the instrumental break, Tracy goes to each dancer one by one, and dances with them, as the other dancers do a little dance in the background. The camera follows Tracy, making sure the focus is on her and not on the hot men she is dancing with. She returns to the front of the stage and sits down dramatically as all the lights are extinguished before re-focusing on her as the camera fades out from black.

You know how much we've done
We know how much we've got to do

She twiddles her fingers during this very short instrumental.

Listen, babes, we know
Look at what I wanna show

She gets back up as the lights come back on in their colours and the dancers start dancing again - again, because MRX has run out of ideas.

I'm gonna love you all
I'm gonna love you all
I'm gonna love you all
I'm gonna love you all

In this instrumental, she joins in with the dancing, but remains front of the stage so they all stay in unison.

And then the song ends, and that's a fairly middle-of-the-road effort but at least it's not offensive and hopefully everyone will like it. She receives warm applause from the hall and then moves backstage.
Last edited by Mister X on Thu May 09, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Kalosia
Endless Summer — G.luxx
performed in English to the tune of Tokyo — Moonlight

A 3rd place at WV71, a 4th place at WV72, but hopefully the Kalosians can reverse that trend this time 'round. Radiu-Televižio Kalosia chose a band, G.luxx (pronounced 'gee lucks'), to represent the country in Estograd. It consists of three members, one of them the lead vocalist, another one a DJ, and another one a keyboardist.

For the special occasion, the band members are wearing urban streetwear. The layout of the stage was simple, the vocalist was behind a mic, the DJ was behind a DJ stand, and the keyboardist was behind a keyboard. Throughout the song, the background screen consisted of mostly warm gradients, and a lot of triangle shapes.

As the song began, it was mostly dark save for like a spotlight on the vocalist.

When you are sad, the evening sky is dark
Forget that guy, cause he was never smart
In the new day, your heartbreak ends
There is nothing that a smile cannot mend

Triangles started to burst into the background, but they were all white on a black background.
Let’s walk together
Like now or never
This emptiness in your soul?
I can fill up that hole

After we’ve spoken
Another moment
Now what’s next?
Together, let’s take these steps

Now the gradients started to come in.
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh
Come and be mine
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh
Eyes like a day that’s sunny
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh
Many colours, thousand wonders

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh
Don’t care if it is windy
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh
Be my lover, endless summer

During the instrumental break, the triangles burst into the screen and moved around to the beat. The vocalist danced around a bit, while the DJ and keyboardist jumped in place.
At the end, the gradients and colours remained, but the triangles were a bit more calmer.
So let’s go out, empty what’s on your mind
Better than that, you are one of a kind
Yesterday is a memory
So look ahead, that’s where you’re heading now

Let’s walk together
Like now or never
I can fill up that hole

After we’ve spoken
Another moment
Now what’s next?

The triangles start to come to life again.
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh
Eyes like a day that’s sunny
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh
Many colours, thousand wonders

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh
Don’t care if it is windy
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh
Be my lover, endless summer

Now everything briefly becomes dark again save for a spotlight, just like the beginning.
Let’s walk together
Like now or never
I can fill up that hole

The triangles gradually appear again, to the beat.
After we’ve spoken
Another moment
Now what’s next?

And then everything comes to life once again, colours and all. The three members of the band essentially freestyle, pitching in with phrases and laughs. Everyone on stage looks like they're having fun. Everyone off stage looks like they're having fun too.
Eventually the vocalist looks into the camera which shows him close up, and says the following:
Yeah, yeah
So are you in?

And that's it, the song comes to an end. The crowd cheers. "Thank you Estogium!" the vocalist screams into the mic. The three of them wave toward the audience before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Kalosia on Mon May 13, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estogium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Host Intervention

Postby Estogium » Mon May 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Interval Act
Ylinqar - Occhi"
Tune : Mahmood - Soldi

The song begins with the opening piano chords ringing around the Nena Arena in Lipa with cheers from the crowd to celebrate tonight's winner. The camera making quick cuts to different angles, all showing Ylinqar on stage with the three primary colours flashing in sequence with the silhouette of the Mercedinian performer creating a black human form for the viewers at home, with a quick cut to the WorldVision trophy at the front of the stage. Ylinqar is back wearing all-black combat outfit and stands in the main portion of the stage, he lifts his microphone to his mouth as the introduction fades away to allow Ylinqar to begin his winners reprise as the first Mercedinian entry to win the 72nd WorldVision Song Contest.

Three backing singers are located at the side of the stage to accompany Ylinqar with the vocals, who are all holding their own bouquet of flowers.Two leather armchairs located to his left which will be used for the choreography later in the song. A close-up of his face begins the performance, with his face barely lit with a simple deep red background behind him.

Due cuori insieme ma distanto
Il ghiaccio scorre nelle loro veno
Non osando guardarci l'un l'altro
Ma vogliono ancora una voltio

Il suo caffè, è diventato fredda
Il suo truccei è stato lavato via
Scende la notte, e loro odia

Two hears together, yet distant
Ice flowing through their vains
Not daring to each other
But they want one more time together

His coffee has since gone cold
Her make-up has since washed away
Night falls, and they start to hate

Ylinqar rocks side to side as he repeats any words in the second half of the first verse, with a short cut over to the backing singers before returning to the action on the main part of the stage. White beams of light all converge onto Ylinqar and flash with the piano chords of the accompanying music. The colours subside, leaving only the white lights to rise from the floor and converge of his hand as he lifts it up into a fist in the air. For the final third of this part of the song, cameras switch from a left-view to a right-view before the first verse comes to a conclusion with the camera zooming in on Ylinqar from a central point.

E loro odia, odia, odia
"Perché odia, odia, odia?"

Per un momento, una scintilla dentro di loro si accendai
Due anime in guerra si fermano per un respira

Lento, si avvicinano
I secondi sembrano'ro
Le stelle si uniscono

And they hate, hate, hate
"Why do we hate, hate, hate?"

But for a moment, a spark within them begins to ignite
Two souls at war stop for a breath

Slowly, they approach
Seconds feel like hours
The stars come together

The first chorus begins with a wide view of the arena, with everyone flashing their phone lights in the audience with Ylinqar singing in the back ground. The white beams of light flash downwards for each drum slap that sounds inside the arena and in the television sets for the people watching at home. For the duration of the chorus, the camera work shows shots of the stage from far away to show the viewers the scope of the arena. The audience watch on as Ylinqar walks over to the two leather seats for the choreography of the second verse, he is clearly enjoying his performance this time round.

Cosa vedono?
Ameriti occhi, occhi
Nessun ei, comprendiosi occhi, occhi
Condine, nun esso prami puti, puti

M'aleve odia, odia, odia
"Smettila odia, odia, odia"

What do they see?
Through blackened eyes, eyes
Nothing felt as they cover their eyes, eyes
Blank stares, he sees nothing but a prostitute, prostitute

But they still hate, hate, hate
"Stop this hate, hate, hate"

The second verse choreography consists of the single shot viewing the two leather chairs which were alluded to before, the shot doesn't move and is fixed on the seat for the duration of the second verse. A Computer Generated filter on the shot adds a woman to the shot who is sitting opposite, with a number of children running around the two of them, both in front of them and behind them. Ylinqar looks at the woman sitting opposite (who isn't actually there) who simply sits there and listens. The Mercedinian vocalist stands up, which triggers a reaction in the virtual filter and the fake-people on screen, as the darken and crumble into dust as Ylinqar walks away into the centre of the stage for the lead-up to the second chorus.

Il giorno dopo, nulla cambio
L'ignarenza riempie la dimoro
"Hai sentito quello che senta?"
"Se'mi 'tissi ero all'inferna"
Inizia una giornata normale

E loro odia, odia, odia
"Perché odia, odia, odia?"

The following day, nothing changes
The air of ignorance fills the home
"Did you feel what I felt?"
"If I felt, I was in hell"
A normal day begins

And they hate, hate, hate
"Why do we hate?"

White lights return to the staging and flickers as the song's piano notes move up and down to become apparent in the performance. Mirroring the staging of the first verse, the camera move from left to right and from near to far to encapsulate the message in the song with direction and visual clues to the audience at home, some subtle, but some a lot more obvious to give the people at home a viewing feast for those who are switched on. Ylinqar steps forward as the second chorus begins.

Per un momento, una scintilla dentro di loro si accendai
Due anime in guerra si fermano per un respira
Lento, si avvicinano
I secondi sembrano'ro
Entrambi sono stati qui primo
Non importei

But for a moment, a spark within them begins to ignite
Two souls at war stop for a breath

Slowly, they approach
Seconds feel like hours
Both have been here before
They don't care

The Mercedinian performer walks along the long catwalk through the centre of the arena with all the frills and trimmings included in the staging which was included in the previous chorus' staging. Flags are waving as camera across the arena in Lipa track the Mercedinian as he makes his way past thousands in attendance. The primary colours flash and change with each drum beat that rings around the arena. Ylinqar covers his eyes as the screen fades to black to conclude the second chorus. We are well into the song with the audience getting more and more into it.

Ameriti occhi, occhi
Lui vede quancun altri, altri

M'aleve odia, odia, odia

(As they watch through) blackened eyes, eyes
He sees someone else, someone else

Ylinqar stands at the end of the runway and on the connected island as the lights flash violently around the arena, catching on the lens and blinding the audience at home with the sheer amount of light that is being emitted by the lights, mainly from the stage. The camera adds a quick cut which shows the backing singers all watching on with their hands on the microphone, singing along as Ylinqar stands stationary, the only stationary thing in an arena of action and energy. He lifts his hand up to conclude the interlude with the light all stopping motionlessly.

Mamma chi? Mamma chi? Chi e qui per noi?
Te ne sei andato, non c'e niente quira
Papa chi? Papa chi? Chi e lei, ti figli, per noi?
Avamo, avamo tutto, ora nienai

Nessun ei, comprendiosi occhi

Mother who? Mother who? Who is coming for us?
You left, now nothing remains
Father who? Father who? Who is she, your children, to us?
We had everything, now we have nothing

No feelings, as the cover their eyes

He now turns his back on the audience to walk back to the main portion of the stage, which is tracked by cameras from multiple angles. A manned-camera now moves up on to the stage and circles the Mercedinian performer with the lights from the stage on one side and the lights from the audience on the other. Ylinqar steadies himself for the final chorus of the song, with audience deadly quiet to listen to the song and not disturb the emotion of the song which the Mercedinian delegation is hoping to translate to the international audience.

Lento, si avvicinano
I secondi sembrano'ro
Le stelle si uniscono
Cosa vendono?

Slowly, they approach
Seconds feel like hours
The stars come together
What do their see?

He covers his eyes with one hand while he is holding the microphone with his other as the primary colours which were present at the start of the song now bleeds into the screen behind the performer as the lights which illuminate him now fade into darkness, in a near perfect recreation of the opening seconds of the song. The lights whip around the arena one more time to the sound of the drum beats.

The primary colours now flash one by one once again as Ylinqar takes a step back from the stage and towards the rear of the stage. No lights are illuminating the people on stage as they become silhouettes in the coloured screen which lines the back of the stage. The final notes ring out across the stage as Ylinqar throws one fist into the air to finish his performance, following a long night of music and energy.

Ameriti occhi, occhi

Nel mundira, influsci piu di te stessa
Due amanti, caduti nel nulla
M'aleve odia, odia, odia

Through blackened eyes, eyes

In this world, you effect more than just yourself
Two lovers, fallen to nothing

"Grazij, Thank You Estogium, thanks you all!!" The shot lingers on Ylinqar as he takes in the moment of tens of thousands of fans chanting his name in The Estograd...
Last edited by Estogium on Mon May 13, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estogium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Part 1

Postby Estogium » Mon May 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Israael Kashtkar: There is an effort to try and better the results for your nation this edition. Axuva, indeed took a break from the contest. Do you feel as though you could be Axuva's saving grace?

Cora Jeong: Well to start off, This has been the heaviest production of so far out of all of the entries that we have put out in the past. I am not so sure if I will be Axuva's saving grace, but that what we are looking for. We worked so hard with the production and how this would all play out and I honestly think it turned out just fine and I love performing the song.

Israael Kashtkar: How supportive is your delegation? How has the broadcaster helped you prepare for the WorldVision Song Contest? Rehearsals? Touring?

Cora Jeong: The delegation is very supportive, At the beginning of this process we had rehearsals 3 times a week and we took a 2 week break and after that break it was almost time to move on to Estogium and we only got two rehearsals in and the rest of the rehearsals were in Estogium. We had a press confrence back in Axuva, after I was chosen to represent and it promoted the plans and everything else, and we also had a short press tour. They did a really good job of promoting, the entire process was awesome!

Israael Kashtkar: Could you speak to us about how the staging process of your entry went? Axuva's delegation spoke quite a lot to those working in the production about what they wanted...did you make the decisions?

Cora Jeong: The staging process of my entry was done with me and the creative staging producer, we tied our ideas together to create the work of art that we have now so I indeed made some of the decisions but I also have to give credit to the staging producer.

Israael Kashtkar: Since arriving in The Estograd, what have you been doing? Have you enjoyed your time here - checked out the museums..?

Cora Jeong: Since arriving in Estogium, It's really kind of been business but I have gotten to do some things, a walk in the town was something I really liked doing and I have recently been to a restaurant and I honestly love the atmosphere.

Riko Wilson: Hello there, Sunny! I would like to congratulate you on your performance but I would also like to congratulate you on winning Talvezout E Mouzeh - which had the largest Grand Final of all of the National Finals. How was the process like for you and how was it winning after such stiff competition.

Sunny Siracauso: The process was a massive slog, to be honest. Having 16 songs was pretty bad, but TRT originally planned to have 20 songs, which would have been a massive nightmare. Thankfully, the actual contest was better. Everything went smoothly, compared to the last Talvezout E Mouzeh contest. That contest was a mess. Anyways, at the actual contest, I was really really really surprised about the win. Like, a lot of people, me included, were expecting Alma Montserrat Andrade to win, so when I got like top marks from 3 nations that was a massive shock. It's a pleasant surprise, but a very big surprise.

Riko Wilson: [Reaction] And between your win in Talvezout and your journey to Estogium, what things did you do to prepare for the WorldVision Song Contest? Any promotion? Also, how has the song done back home in Talvezout...

Sunny Siracauso: Thankfully, since I've already been to Worldvision, getting ready for the contest has been a breeze. We basically ported over the staging concept from TEM, and rehearsals were a massive breeze. Also, there were no massive props, so it was as simple as sending all of the performers we were using and that was that. Promotion wise, we've been doing a promo tour here there and everywhere all around the multiverse. In Talvezout, the entry is doing well, it's at the top of the charts, so thankfully I have all of the support back home. Betting odds have had us at the top 5 for, so I'm feeling confident.

Riko Wilson: Yay! Finally, once you got yourself to The Estograd, has it been rehearse, rehearse, rehearse or did you manage to check out The Estograd?

Sunny Siracauso: It's been a healthy combo of both honestly. Like, of course I go to rehearsals and all that, but I also fit some time for sightseeing. The Estograd is honestly a gorgeous city. It reminds me a lot of back home, specifically San Cruces. The city's a lot like The Estograd, we got chilly beaches, museums, libraries, and a huge arena in the middle of the city. Not gonna lie, coming has me a little homesick. Still, a very gorgeous city, and I honestly can't wait to see how this Worldvision goes.

Israael Kashtkar: Hey there! I would just like to open this question up to the both of you really... How do you feel representing your nation for the first time? Do you feel a bit of pressure to make sure that Amuaplye gets a good start at the WorldVision Song Contest?

Morales: I feel this as a massive step in the right path after the 13th Summer Games in Republica, which was torn with violence, mostly here in Amuaplye. I hope that we will win this, or at least come rather close to doing so. Because of that desire to win, I could say, yes, I am feeling a bit of pressure. However, both the majority of both my band, Love and War and the Orchestra, and the people back in Amuaplye, know that this is a form of artistic expression, and, even though we want to win, we know that we have 20+ other nations here too.

Hart: I mostly agree with Mr. Morales, but I personally do not want to either win or lose, but instead try our best and see where it goes. His comments on the 13th Summer Olympics are rather correct. Not only with the serial bomber, but we also had a serial killer, an anthrax letter, 2 suicides, and hazing, all from various nations. But, he also forgot the main centerpiece of this entry: The Rebellion and its effect on Amuaplye. After all, this entry is just a short snippet of the full song.

Israael Kashtkar: Right, the second thing that I would like to ask you is to [The Main Singer]. How did you go about singing with such a wonderful orchestra such as Sydney Philharmonic Orchestra and bring them to the WorldVision Song Contest stage?

Morales: Well, this wasn't really my choice. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I am here, but this was mostly done by ATV, and to an extent, the Amuaplyean Government. The SPO was mainly picked due to the fact that it is the most prestigious orchestra in Amuaplye. My song was picked by ATV as it was popular at the time, and that it, quote, "Symbolized the struggles of Amuaplyean citizens".

Israael Kashtkar: And to you Hart, how do you feel about conducting the orchestra and providing accompaniment for the band?

Hart: I feel like it is an excellent opportunity to show Amuaplyean music on the world stage. Although, it was a rather daunting task, considering the fact that I had to be set on fire, have flaming debris rained down on me, have the entire stage set on fire, and to be surrounded in smoke. We definitely rehearsed this entire thing no less than 50, but no more than 100 times. I do know, however, that the band's main pick, especially from Mr. Henry Brower, the drummer, was the Melbourne Symphonic Orchestra, but, after some convincing, we went with the SPO.

Estogium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Part 2

Postby Estogium » Mon May 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Israael Kashtkar: Firstly, the thing that I think all of us are wondering is whether you are going to reveal yourself for all of the audience members out there?

Shark: I might as well do so right now. Hang on.

Shark attempts to take off his costume, but starts to struggle since his costume doesn't technically have fingers. Some soldiers from Main Nation Ministry appeared to help him take off the top part of the costume. "Hold on, sir! Make sure you're still breathing air!" one of the soldiers said. "I can, just get this thing off me." After a while, the soldiers managed to take off the head of the shark, revealing the person inside. "Sorry about that! General Emmanuel Jones is who I am." Jones explained, as he was getting out of the costume that revealed his regular casual clothing.

Jones appears out of his shark costume.

Emmanuel Jones: I'm glad the costume was insulated!

Israael Kashtkar: The Masked Singer is a different National Final process for nations picking for their representative for the WorldVision Song Contest. Would you be able to tell us how that was for you?

Emmanuel Jones: It was all that talk show guy's idea? Forgot his name. Erik Anderson, it was? We were all given 5 songs to do and I guess people's taste in classical rock really hit home for me. Princess Harrington was actually Dragon under that costume. I kinda was rooting for her, since I was more of a general and football coach than an actual singer. I don't really have a clue on who Skeleton was, though. Jessica Madden was supposed to be intimate with her, though I didn't get to see what she looked like under that costume.

Israael Kashtkar: How was it knowing that you were to represent Main Nation Ministry at the WorldVision Song Contest? Holding such responsibility must have been a big shock for you - I, myself, would know!

Emmanuel Jones: I think it's a honor to be representing Main Nation Ministry, though I will say that the Leader does a better job at being a role model, since he did get 4th place that one time back in WV70. Had we not been in costumes, the voting would have gotten rather polarized than what was intended.

Israael Kashtkar: Finally, I must ask this question...Were you prepared to skate during your performance had your nation won the host bid race?

Emmanuel Jones: I'm not much for an ice-skater, since I was planning on just going on stage and not on the ice. Mainly, I sing while people ice skate in front of the crowd. If I tried to ice-skate, I fall flat on my face on the ice. That would look embarrassing for a general.

The whole ice-skating bid was somewhat the Leader's idea. He considers himself a figure skater, but he sent it over to the Ministry of Tourism, who were the ones that helped fund the money for the WV71 bid. Wanting to do something experimental, they came up with that ice-skating bid called "The Ice Queen" and made a set and everything. After the bid failed, the Leader got a bit mad with the Ministry of Tourism for wasting the budget, but then they would put themselves in mandatory labor, just to re-pay the debt they made.

Main Nation Ministry does seem to want to do another bid. I can't really tell you when we're making the bid. I will say that it will be in a venue similar to WV71 and it's supposed to be "cinema-themed" I would say."

Well, this has been certainly an interesting interview. I hope the Leader, Harrington, and my football team sees this. And make sure to vote for our act!

Riko Wilson: Indeed! Main Nation Ministry, everyone! It's time for another recap!

**RECAP SHOWN**
Last edited by Estogium on Mon May 13, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estogium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Host Intervention

Postby Estogium » Mon May 13, 2019 1:18 pm

Riko Wilson: Are the votes ready for us?

WV Producer: Yes!

Riko Wilson: Let's go to the first nation then!

Last edited by Estogium on Wed May 15, 2019 7:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Llalta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Mon May 13, 2019 3:07 pm

01/28 COUNTRIES VOTING | LLALTA

Erik McGarrison - Llaltese TV host, Actor and Radio Presenter

Good evening Estograd, and hello WORLD! Llalta calling, and me, your favourite, Erik McGarrison here to present our points! But firstly, the old gibberish. Thank you for Estogium for this wonderful show, and congratulations to all the artists here tonight and good luck! But onto what you've all been waiting for: our points! And here are our 1 - 7 on the screen below:

1 - Estogium
2 - New Activia
3 - Main Nation Ministry
4 - Tödlichebujoku
5 - Britonisea
6 - Besen
7 - Vartugia

And now, the big 'uns.

Llalta's 8 points go to...
Nekoni!!

Our 10 points go to...
Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska!!

And finally, our important 12 points we send our way to our best friends in...
Axuva!!!

Good luck all! Thank you and good night!!
Last edited by Llalta on Mon May 13, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~*✧*~
どんなに怖くたって目お逸らさないよ
全ての終わりに愛があるなら
~*✧*~

Estogium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

This is The Estograd Calling...

Postby Estogium » Mon May 13, 2019 3:37 pm

THIS IS THE ESTOGRAD CALLING...
ESTOGIUM

Riko Wilson: Thank you Llalta for those votes! Right, the next nation is...home! It's Tim Armstrong in... Perryn International Airport, our main airport...hm...odd choice. Anyway, hey Tim - can we have those points?!

Tim Armstrong: This is Tim Armstrong and I will be dishing out the points for you this evening! After receiving masses of support from my fans at the World Hit Festiv- oh, I am not supposed to mention that contest here...Right, okay. After receiving masses of support from another place, RVC decided to make me the official mascot for Estogium in international competitions! You will be seeing a lot of me around! So, if you like a bit of this Estogian sausage...You're in for a meaty treat! Actually, if you're wondering, I am in the airport because I just arrived back from Izmedu, yes! I decided to take a trip there as soon as I was a spokesperson for the...other contest. Those Izmeduans were literally tearing me to pieces, I loved it. I also gained around 100K followers on instagram - amazing! I also had to go to take a trip to see a new friend of mine...Toni. Oh my, he loved a strong man like me.
A camera cuts to an Estogian in the audience gasping...
Tim Armstrong: I will tell you all the details later. Anyway Our 10 points to 1 point is revealed on the screen!

Riko chuckles nervously, slightly anxious about hearing Tim's escapades in Vodiznad. Riko tries to quickly move on;
Riko Wilson: And our twelve points please?

Tim Armstrong: Anything for you, Riko...*winks eye*

Riko Wilson: (turns to Israael and whispers) Help...

Tim Armstrong: OUR TWELVE POINTS from your favourite man on television *flexes muscle* go to.....

BESEN

The audience cheers for Besen as their home 12 goes to a nation that they like in the nation. The song did very well in the televote of Estogium...

Tim Armstrong: Know what you all can do is follow me on Instagram @-

Riko Wilson: Okay! Thank you, Tim! See you next edition!

Tim Armstrong: Also, Riko! Reply to my DM, please. *smiles cheekily*

Riko Wilson: *Riko rolls eyes, you can hear Israael chuckling* Goodbye, Tim. Goodbye. Next up, its...

Last edited by Estogium on Mon May 13, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Mon May 13, 2019 4:25 pm

ATV
Newsletter

In Association with The Observer

WorldVision: Results Are In

Written by Matthew Farmer, Sports Commentator, ATV

What a wonderful night it has been, hearing all of the incredible entries from all across the globe. Whilst I do not like to pick favorites (although our entry was pretty good, albeit rather depressing), I have been picked to give out the points for all of the nations here today. Here's the list of who I prefer. (Note: Our entry will not be on the list.)

1. Vartugia (12 points)
2. Nekoni (10 points)
3. Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska (8 points)
4. Estogium (7 points)
5. Kalosia (6 points)
6. Axuva (5 points)
7. Polkopia (4 points)
8. Llalta (3 points)
9. Besen (2 points)
10. Kishrael (1 point)
11. Todlichebujoku
12. Izmedu
13. Mister X
14. Libumelland
15. Talezvout
16. Natanya
17. Main Nation Ministry
18. Britonisea
19. Belgaam
20. Vdara
21. Scotatrova
22. Antahbrantahstan
23. Merecendi
24. Not Belgaam
25. Missus X
26. New Activia

Summary: This was the WorldVision best fit for forgettable pop songs. Some were good, some were bad, and almost all of them were mediocre and average. We had an explicit sex song by Missus X (How many complaints are we at now? 5,000?), a song that's "No" repeated 200 times by Not Belgaam, and literal gibberish by New Activia.

However, it wasn't all bad. VIR had an excellent and simple performance, and the host nation had a pretty good entry. Ours was good too, albeit strange and depressing. Expect more of that from us.
Last edited by Amuaplye on Mon May 13, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon May 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Last edited by Polkopia on Mon May 13, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Tue May 14, 2019 11:23 am

05/27: Vartugia

Bheresa Bay

Im Bheresa Bay. And no, i am not leaving this. Even if i should and the folk told me so.

But im here.

Also f*** Polkopia. We are banning all import of polkopoian maize.

12 - Missus X (#Puppetlivesmatter)
10 - Llalta
8 - Ekoz Main Nation Ministry

7 - Nekoni
6 - Kalosia
5 - Natanya
4 - Britonisea
3 - Kishrael
2 - Besen
1 - Mister X
Last edited by Vartugia on Tue May 14, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Libumelland
Secretary

Founded: Jan 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Libumelland » Tue May 14, 2019 4:05 pm

VOTES WIP

IMPORTANT OOC MESSAGE: I was unable to download the scorecard so I will do it here. :P
06/27 VOTES - LIBUMELLAND/LIBUMÉLIA

Channel 4 LIB
channel4reportar.lib

1 Polkopia
2 Belgaam
3 Nekoni
4 Amuaplye
5 Venkakara Indurijipletas Rankara or something I'll spell it soon. Promise.
6 Kishrael
7 Besen

8 Estogium

10 Llalta

12 TALVEZOUT!!
Last edited by Libumelland on Wed May 15, 2019 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Libumelian is basically Spanish but a little altered and we added the letter ‘ć’.

PHRASE OF THE WEEK/FRASE DE LA OUÍCO
You can telegram me your phrase, and I will turn it into Libumelian!

Antidawetid: “Millennials as soldiers would be well-known for their bravery, while in fact they just want to die.” Mileñéns esolduros máide be moy notícino cua ellós bravísto, méndem enfacto ellos símpa desiré to mondoíla.”
WV73: 26th
The Principality of Libumelland
La Royaria de Libumélia
We speak our own language here. Libumelian. :)
Coletivas especa originía elingua belonia. Libumelien. :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates