NATION

PASSWORD

The East Pacific - Statement on Wonder Woman's Departure

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frattastan IV
Envoy

Founded: Sep 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frattastan IV » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:06 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:I am frankly quite disgusted by this whole situation.

A player wants a fresh start after getting a ban for ‘talking with raiders’ (lets be honest, moralism is six feet in the grave, and indie orgs are allowed in, so this makes zero sense),

I'm pretty sure that's not what happened. Crystalsummer had been earlier removed from Libcord because among other things he was raiding with Alpha Wolf and he was behind a couple of sketchy refounding attempts that feigned native support but didn't actually have it (including one in Greece that involved multiing by some participants) as well as the attempt to take over South Pacific.
Keep in mind that Libcord is a military server: it doesn't have a duty to be an open community, or to limit bans to people who are OOC-dangerous. People who aren't strictly and solely defenders are allowed in the server... but only if they aren't security liabilities (which includes not being deceitful and not trying to exploit your access).

I'm not commenting on the new situation, but when talking about facts, stick to what you know.
He wanted a fresh start, perhaps, because he had accumulated a bit of a poor reputation. It wasn't for "talking with raiders", which no-one would've cared about and much less TEP's leadership.
Rejected Realms Army, High Commander

Draganisia wrote:Also it seems the next war could be NPO fighting directly against Pacifica.

Opstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Opstan » Wed May 01, 2019 10:36 am

RiderSyl wrote:While TEP did kinda mishandle this one, I've got no sympathy. Don't pretend to be a woman.

TEP seems to like mishandling things lately...

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Wed May 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Opstan wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:While TEP did kinda mishandle this one, I've got no sympathy. Don't pretend to be a woman.

TEP seems to like mishandling things lately...

Care to elaborate? :)
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Wed May 01, 2019 1:11 pm

Tim Stark wrote:
Opstan wrote:TEP seems to like mishandling things lately...

Firstly there is the fact this thread exists.
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Tim Stark » Wed May 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:
Tim Stark wrote:Care to elaborate? :)

Firstly there is the fact this thread exists.

And yet, I feel like that can't be the salt from which Opstan's pillar is building

Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed May 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Tim Stark wrote:
Indo-Malaysia wrote:Firstly there is the fact this thread exists.

And yet, I feel like that can't be the salt from which Opstan's pillar is building

What are you trying to imply?

How about, instead of doing something pointless as interrogating a small-fry RMBer like Opstan, you focus on your own mistake and write a proper apology to Crystalsummer?

I don't think your half-assed apology saying "I didn't know that Fedele promised Crystalsummer respect" counts as an apology, or even an excuse!

(You two are in the same Cabinet, even. But still not an excuse.)

I am sure you believe in "ignorance doesn't excuse the crime" - well you blasted Crystalsummer without stopping to consider the impact on him, and without checking with literally anyone who DOESN'T give you lipservice or tell you "Tim before you blast someone, think about why it's a bad idea or how it would negatively affect that person, and whether there's a BETTER way to resolve the problem." Maybe if you HAD checked with the type of people who aren't afraid to stop you--
... BEFORE you do something loud and public that has a detrimental effect on another player, if you had checked with those other people, YOU WOULD HAVE FOUND OUT THE PROMISE FROM YOUR REGION TO RESPECT CRYSTALSUMMER'S PRIVACY IN THE FIRST PLACE. I hope you learn to find people who will hold you accountable, and to actually USE/confide to them, and to LISTEN to them.

I initially wrote a long rant but I don't want to blast you =P if you think this is harsh, it's not, it's just advice. I could have been veeery harsh. I deleted it all because you deserve better. Be well, and take care :)

(But personally though, I think - if without that promise made - that this announcement would have been fine if you emphasized that he didn't do anything OOC malicious. Most people need that emphasis otherwise that's where rumors come from.)
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Wed May 01, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Tim Stark » Wed May 01, 2019 4:05 pm

I spoke with Crystalsummer over DM and apologized. He said he wanted the matter forgotten and moved on from. That's why I've been ignoring the thread, to let the matter die, which I'd been doing quite succesfully until your lot dragged it back up.

Maybe drop it too then, eh?

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed May 01, 2019 4:35 pm

Tim Stark wrote:I spoke with Crystalsummer over DM and apologized. He said he wanted the matter forgotten and moved on from. That's why I've been ignoring the thread, to let the matter die, which I'd been doing quite succesfully until your lot dragged it back up.

My bad, sorry, I didn't have the idea that you did that. Sometimes I doubt people too much, but I have no reason to disbelieve you so this is my wrong. You do deserve better.
I will ask Op to ignore Gameplay forums (I actually was on hiatus from NationStates/internet for a week (this week actually) so I've been out of the loop on what yuno members do. But since this matter is resolved between you guys, let's let this thread die.

Anyway, to clarify, Opstan doesn't have issues with you (I doubt you two even ever messaged each other), I believe his problem is with TEP administration. You're fine so don't take it as salt towards you. Apologies from here and take good care.
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Wed May 01, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Wed May 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Tim Stark wrote:I spoke with Crystalsummer over DM and apologized. He said he wanted the matter forgotten and moved on from. That's why I've been ignoring the thread, to let the matter die, which I'd been doing quite succesfully until your lot dragged it back up.

Have you unbanned Crystal from Libcord?
The Midnight Order guy

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Wed May 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:

Isn't that a separate matter from TEP and belongs elsewhere?
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Wed May 01, 2019 11:30 pm

Wabbitslayah wrote:
Indo-Malaysia wrote:Have you unbanned Crystal from Libcord?

Isn't that a separate matter from TEP and belongs elsewhere?

I believe it is related to this, as it stemmed from Tims misunderstanding of this particular situation.
The Midnight Order guy

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Wed May 01, 2019 11:37 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:
Wabbitslayah wrote:Isn't that a separate matter from TEP and belongs elsewhere?

I believe it is related to this, as it stemmed from Tims misunderstanding of this particular situation.

It wasn't Tim said the reason for the ban was that he was raiding and lied about it poorly on discord and fratt said similar on this thread

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Wed May 01, 2019 11:50 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:

Do you even read threads you post in?
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed May 01, 2019 11:53 pm

Guys, Tim has already apologized to Crystalsummer, and got forgiven. Libcord is a private server by a defender anyway.
Let's move on

Regarding Libcord: I believe Crystalsummer was already banned from Libcord to begin with "for hanging out with raiders" -- or as Fratt describes it, for raiding with Alpha Wolf etc.

So about that recent, weird Libcord announcement @everyone ping about how Crystalsummer is permanently banned from Libcord, I believe that was just posted only to rub salt in (which I think is pretty mean too, man this is why I hate this game), but wasn't an ACTUAL ban since he was already banned to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu May 02, 2019 12:06 am

Ah yes, a true display of sensitivity by our all powerful friend. The Confederation has come to expect nothing less from Tim Stark.

To the nation of Crystalsummer, we offer our condolences. If indeed you wish to put your espionage to the test, there's always a home for you within the Confederation. And don't be deceived: TEP's reigning government (one that should be considered illegitimate, no less) is not as moral as it would have everyone believe. Your actions, Crystalsummer, we are sure, are not nearly as controversial as those committed by others'.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu May 02, 2019 2:37 am

Just what Crystalsummer needs. A fascist in his corner. :roll:
Last edited by RiderSyl on Thu May 02, 2019 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

South Asians
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Thu May 02, 2019 4:21 am

Borovan entered the region as he wrote:It wasn't Tim said the reason for the ban was that he was raiding and lied about it poorly on discord and fratt said similar on this thread

It seems like you are misinformed. This ban isn't for that reason. Crystalsummer was banned from Libcord a couple of years ago for this reason and his ban was lifted last year. This ban is for another reason. Idk what it is though.
Last edited by South Asians on Thu May 02, 2019 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
A supporter of centrism and democracy.
King of Hive.
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Administrator of The Free Nations Region.
Former Minister of Military Affairs of the South Pacific.
Former Advisor to the South Pacific Cabinet.

Soldier in SPSF and Director of FNDA.
Other Regions I am in: The Rejected Realms and Mariner Trench.
Other Name: Mysterio and Communist Asians.

R/D Alias: Warrior

Walkerfort
Envoy

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Walkerfort » Thu May 02, 2019 4:25 am

Gib Tl;dr plz

I didn't need a fucking essay just a TL;dr

I wasn't expecting a novel just a small message
Last edited by Walkerfort on Thu May 02, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well... It's been a while.

thinking of reforming my nation

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu May 02, 2019 4:34 am

RiderSyl wrote:Just what Crystalsummer needs. A fascist in his corner. :roll:

Awww, it's a shame you can't see we're legitimate on this. But just keep playing your little fash card. It's doing wonders for regional growth.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Frattastan IV
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frattastan IV » Thu May 02, 2019 5:09 am

Indo-Malaysia wrote:Have you unbanned Crystal from Libcord?
South Asians wrote:It seems like you are misinformed. This ban isn't for that reason. Crystalsummer was banned from Libcord a couple of years ago for this reason and his ban was lifted last year. This ban is for another reason. Idk what it is though.

The ban is for the same pattern of conduct as the time before: deception.
(1) Deceiving the natives of a founderless region (South Pacific) to evade a ban and be elected delegate is bad enough.
(2) Aside from the SP situation, we're still dealing with someone who kept a secret identity for over a year, in a region most of us have neutral or friendly relations with, for a reason as weak as "wanting a fresh reputation". It may be true that it was innocuous. It may not be true. I'll err on the side of safety since I have no reason to take his words in good faith given his past conduct, and I hope he accepts that.
(3) Since the ban was lifted Crystal's participation was minimal or non-existent, even when there were operations happening in Libcord and even when he was active in other servers as Wonder Woman. Maybe he doesn't need that access after all.

Jocospor wrote:But just keep playing your little fash card. It's doing wonders for regional growth.

Along with your love for throwing away as many stamps as possible.
Last edited by Frattastan IV on Thu May 02, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draganisia wrote:Also it seems the next war could be NPO fighting directly against Pacifica.

South Asians
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Thu May 02, 2019 5:56 am

Frattastan IV wrote:(3) Since the ban was lifted Crystal's participation was minimal or non-existent, even when there were operations happening in Libcord and even when he was active in other servers as Wonder Woman. Maybe he doesn't need that access after all.

He had his WA either in TEP (where he was a minister) or in SP (where he was the delegate). After resigning as the delegate of South Pacific he did participated in a Libcord op but got banned 12 hours later. He always wanted to stay active in Libcord though but his duties in SP and TEP made him unable to participate in the libcord (he joined TEP while he was banned from Libcord).
A supporter of centrism and democracy.
King of Hive.
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Administrator of The Free Nations Region.
Former Minister of Military Affairs of the South Pacific.
Former Advisor to the South Pacific Cabinet.

Soldier in SPSF and Director of FNDA.
Other Regions I am in: The Rejected Realms and Mariner Trench.
Other Name: Mysterio and Communist Asians.

R/D Alias: Warrior

Frattastan IV
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frattastan IV » Thu May 02, 2019 6:24 am

South Asians wrote:
Frattastan IV wrote:(3) Since the ban was lifted Crystal's participation was minimal or non-existent, even when there were operations happening in Libcord and even when he was active in other servers as Wonder Woman. Maybe he doesn't need that access after all.

He had his WA either in TEP (where he was a minister) or in SP (where he was the delegate).

Yes, that's the point. He had his WA elsewhere with no member of his militaries knowing it, and pretended to be just 'busy' IRL instead. :P

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu May 02, 2019 6:25 am

Jocospor wrote:Awww, it's a shame you can't see we're legitimate on this.

Can't see it cuz you aren't

Jocospor wrote:But just keep playing your little fash card.

Your region publically boasted about how great it is at spreading fascism...
.. so yeah, I will keep playing that card.

Jocospor wrote:It's doing wonders for regional growth

You're not running into any shortage of fascists? On the internet? On NationStates? In 2019? Shocking.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Thu May 02, 2019 11:48 am

Jocospor wrote:Ah yes, a true display of sensitivity by our all powerful friend. The Confederation has come to expect nothing less from Tim Stark.

To the nation of Crystalsummer, we offer our condolences. If indeed you wish to put your espionage to the test, there's always a home for you within the Confederation. And don't be deceived: TEP's reigning government (one that should be considered illegitimate, no less) is not as moral as it would have everyone believe. Your actions, Crystalsummer, we are sure, are not nearly as controversial as those committed by others'.

You seriously used this whole thing as an attempt to recruit someone? You’re just fine with taking advantage of someone that is potentially vulnerable in order to further your egotistical, selfish agendas?

The proud founder of The Confederation of Corrupt Dictators everybody. Always maintaining the region's values right there. >_>
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Opstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Opstan » Thu May 02, 2019 12:58 pm

Tim Stark wrote:
Opstan wrote:TEP seems to like mishandling things lately...

I believe there to be no need to elaborate. Very simple in my reasoning, you should know.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay