NATION

PASSWORD

Alt-right. A terrorist movement in the making?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:07 am

Leon the Firm wrote:Antifa admitted that they don't shower weeks before they protest and get into the faces of normal people. They are the real terror threat.

TIL: Stinky people are more of a threat then people shooting mosques and synagogues.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:09 am

Obviously the solution to terrorism is to make sure there are no terrorists. Bush had the right idea with the Patriot Act, but he didn't go far enough.

We need to grant the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic emergency powers to deal with the separatist threat.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:09 am

From the "Alt-Right" the National Bolsheviks are the worst

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:09 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Skarten wrote:If we're being honest here, as much as i disagree with most of what these people say, the modern left kinda brought this upon themselves in the way they've been acting.

Even if that were so, and it isn't, shooting synagogues and mosques is just cold blooded murder.

Literally the first thing i said on my post was that i disagree with most of what they say. That includes murder, much surprisingly.

What i am saying, is that it really isn't surprising some people (Again, calling this an terrorist organization is just a joke) are going to get radicalized after the stuff the new left's been pulling in these last years. And neither should you.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:09 am

Skarten wrote:If we're being honest here, as much as i disagree with most of what these people say, the modern left kinda brought this upon themselves in the way they've been acting.

That’s a flimsy argument. Just because a few leftists are a little zany with their own ideologies (we all know the type), it doesn’t mean they constitute a majority of people on the modern left; and their overall harmless silliness shouldn’t be giving fuel and motivation for people to say “damn, this makes me so angry that I’m going to (insert something atrocious here.”)

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:10 am

Skarten wrote:
Leon the Firm wrote:Antifa admitted that they don't shower weeks before they protest and get into the faces of normal people. They are the real terror threat.

I'll just make things quicker and do these people's jobs for them

wHaTaBoUtiSm!!!!!!

Because as we all know, saying the n word online is on the same level as beating up people with bikelocks and trying to kill cats because they kinda look like hitler.

OP: "hey the alt right is killing people by running over people with cars and shooting synagogues."

You: "T3H AlT rIghT iz JuSt SayIng Da N wOrD onLinE da Ebil AnFTa WaY worSe GuyZ!!111"

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:10 am

Bear Stearns wrote:Obviously the solution to terrorism is to make sure there are no terrorists. Bush had the right idea with the Patriot Act, but he didn't go far enough.

We need to grant the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic emergency powers to deal with the separatist threat.

So, basically, bring back Cheney?

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:11 am

Bear Stearns wrote:We need to grant the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic emergency powers to deal with the separatist threat.

But what Senator would have the courage to propose such a radical amendment?

If only Senator Amidala were here...
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

ThePenguinLand
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby ThePenguinLand » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:11 am

Ok, while the alt-right may not genuinely be a current terrorist threat it could be become one.
That is not to say we should imprison them, as this could be seen as a violation of free speech.
Or you could arrest them for threatening the integrity of the state and the safety of the public (pretty authoritarian Ikr) if they do start acting violently as a group.
If not, well they sit there in their basements rambling until a nice man in a black comes to their door to say hello.
"Penguins Forever, Penguins Today, Penguins Tomorrow!"
My Political Beliefs(May be updated now and again)

News from the PenguinLand Today: Lower House voting on Airospace and Sea free trade bills, Parties stir as electoral deadline for 2020 elections set, Construction sector experiences 9% boom, Green energy incentives show 3.5% rise in solar and wind indrusty.

Member of the The Western Isles

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:11 am

TIL: Stinky people are more of a threat then people shooting mosques and synagogues.

TIL: Insulting muslims on the internet equals shooting up a mosque

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:12 am

Skarten wrote:
I'll just make things quicker and do these people's jobs for them

wHaTaBoUtiSm!!!!!!

Because as we all know, saying the n word online is on the same level as beating up people with bikelocks and trying to kill cats because they kinda look like hitler.

OP: "hey the alt right is killing people by running over people with cars and shooting synagogues."

You: "T3H AlT rIghT iz JuSt SayIng Da N wOrD onLinE da Ebil AnFTa WaY worSe GuyZ!!111"

Do you really want to compare percentage of acts of terrorism by who they are done by? Do you? Because we can do that.
Last edited by Skarten on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:13 am

Skarten wrote:
Even if that were so, and it isn't, shooting synagogues and mosques is just cold blooded murder.

Literally the first thing i said on my post was that i disagree with most of what they say. That includes murder, much surprisingly.

What i am saying, is that it really isn't surprising some people (Again, calling this an terrorist organization is just a joke) are going to get radicalized after the stuff the new left's been pulling in these last years. And neither should you.

You don't say murder. You commit murder.

Trying to compare the two between what "Da EbIl SJWs" do, most recently squirt lavender oil on some guy, to what the alt right does, most recently murder people in cold blood, is comparing apples to oranges.

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mushet » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:13 am

From what I've seen they mostly just talk shit and unsuccessfully mobilize on petty schemes like trying to turn things like the the rainbow flag and the supreme brand into white supremacists symbols.
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:13 am

Any extremist movement has the potential to become a terrorist movement. Right, left, up, down.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:15 am

Castelia wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:We need to grant the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic emergency powers to deal with the separatist threat.

But what Senator would have the courage to propose such a radical amendment?

If only Senator Amidala were here...

But what about the droid attack on the Wookies?
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:15 am

Skarten wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:TIL: Stinky people are more of a threat then people shooting mosques and synagogues.

A few minutes ago:

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Oh boy, I can't wait for this thread to be filled with "wHAt AbOuT ANFtA AnD Da EbIl SjWs!!!1111???/////1/1/1//1/1"

Anyway, yes the alt right can be scary and has started shooting mosques and synagogues.

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:16 am

Yang is who they are backing now

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 am

Skarten wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote: OP: "hey the alt right is killing people by running over people with cars and shooting synagogues."

Do you really want to compare percentage of acts of terrorism by who they are done by? Do you? Because we can do that.

No beacuse then we go off topic.

This about the alt right, not ANFTA.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:18 am

Skarten wrote:

Trying to compare the two between what "Da EbIl SJWs" do, most recently squirt lavender oil on some guy, to what the alt right does, most recently murder people in cold blood, is comparing apples to oranges.

HA
HA
HA

No, but really? Do you really believe that the alt-right is doing the most here? And even more so, do you really think that the only bad thing a group can do is murder? That's it? Have you never considered that, you know, there's a thing called "Passing laws" that can damage millions?

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:18 am

Bear Stearns wrote:But what about the droid attack on the Wookies?

It is critical we send an attack group there immediately.

It's a system we cannot afford to lose.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:21 am

Skarten wrote:

A few minutes ago:

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Oh boy, I can't wait for this thread to be filled with "wHAt AbOuT ANFtA AnD Da EbIl SjWs!!!1111???/////1/1/1//1/1"

Anyway, yes the alt right can be scary and has started shooting mosques and synagogues.

OH WOW GUYS, LIKE, 1 CASE! 1 DAMN CASE! WAIT, THERE'S MORE, IT'S 2 CASES! SEE HOW THEY'RE CLEARLY THE WORST POSSIBLE GROUP? WAIT, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER GROUPS WHO HIT THIS AS A DAILY QUOTA, THAT'S WHATABOUTISM!!

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpattia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechoslovakia and Zakarpattia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:22 am

Skarten wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote: OP: "hey the alt right is killing people by running over people with cars and shooting synagogues."

https://www.cato.org/publications/comme ... ks-us-soil
https://www.cato.org/blog/terrorism-dea ... le-anomaly
Here you go. Straight from a libertarian public policy research organization, thus no leftie bias there. Wahhabi theocrats and Rightwing extremists constitute a majority of domestic terrorist attacks in the United States, while leftwing terrorists follow far behind (Radical rightwingers commit 10 times as many terrorist incidents and deaths than "Antifa" or communist militias).

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:22 am

Skarten wrote:

HA
HA
HA

No, but really? Do you really believe that the alt-right is doing the most here? And even more so, do you really think that the only bad thing a group can do is murder? That's it? Have you never considered that, you know, there's a thing called "Passing laws" that can damage millions?

Off topic post is off topic.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am

Skarten wrote:
A few minutes ago:

OH WOW GUYS, LIKE, 1 CASE! 1 DAMN CASE! WAIT, THERE'S MORE, IT'S 2 CASES! SEE HOW THEY'RE CLEARLY THE WORST POSSIBLE GROUP? WAIT, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER GROUPS WHO HIT THIS AS A DAILY QUOTA, THAT'S WHATABOUTISM!!

Yeah, only one case of cold blooded murder.

"Officer plz no take me to jail I only killed one guy thats not that bad right?"

Loben
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am

Khataiy wrote:Yang is who they are backing now

A bit odd considering his background.

Maybe the alt right just wants neetbux.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General