NATION

PASSWORD

Kage no Sekai [Magic Academy / Urban Fantasy RP | OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:30 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Question: Do spirits have to be intelligent, sentient organisms that are characters in their own right, or is it possible to have a more animalistic or even inanimate spirit?

It's possible, the latter just makes them more like a golem and generally gives them a lower mana battery count.
don't tread on me

Confederation of the Equator
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of the Equator » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Ceci n'est pas une tag
where the fuck is my ground support

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:50 pm

MITTLERSTADT ACADEMY ADMISSIONS
The following is CLASSIFIED information for the personnel department of Division II. Unauthorized release of this information will result in legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.

Agent File

Name: Archibald "Archie" Lawson
Appearance:

Build: 150 centimeters, 56 kilograms. Slightly athletic build, but not muscular.

Species: Human

Mana Battery Count: 800

Magic Specialty/Specialties: Water Magic

Magic Techniques:
  • Water Generation - Archie can transform his mana directly into potable water, which he can then use in various applications.
  • Water Manipulation - Archie can directly manipulate water within 20 feet of himself. He can manipulate up to 2.5 million liters of water, which is the same amount of water in an Olympic sized swimming pool. However, the more water he manipulates, the more mana he uses. Only his imagination and limited mana limit his water manipulation ability. However, this technique is only limited to water in its liquid state, making him unable to manipulate water vapor or ice.
  • Hydrokinetic Regeneration - Archie can heal himself, and others, by using water. However, his healing abilities need pure water to work, and the amount of water needed to heal depends on the severity of the injury.

Weaknesses:
  • No Immunity: Archie has no immunity to his own powers, making him vulnerable whenever he loses control of his power. He also does not have the usual accompanying abilities of water manipulation such as the ability to breathe underwater, making him able to die by drowning.
  • Regular Human: Archie is just a normal human with the ability to manipulate water, giving him all the weaknesses a regular human does.
  • Electric Attacks: As a manipulator of water, Archie is intensely vulnerable to electric based attacks, which is rightly considered his greatest weakness.
  • Needs Water: Archie is greatly dependent upon water sources in order to be able to use his magic. If there are no water sources nearby and he is unable to generate water using his own mana, Archie becomes totally helpless.

Equipment: An water-enchanted long sword that belonged to his family, an enchanted ring that signals his location to The Witch King at all times, a Heckler & Koch USP Expert chambered in .40 S&W (16 rounds per magazine), 2 spare magazines.

Alignment: Chaotic Good, bordering on Chaotic Neutral
Nationality: American
Hometown: San Jose, California
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Archie is a loud, energetic individual, bordering on hyperactivity depending on how one views him. While somewhat abrasive and proud of himself, Archie knows when he needs to calm down and work together with others. He is also content to let others "be the main hero" in a situation if needed, but will always look for an opportunity to prove himself. He is friendly and trusting to those he has gotten to know, and is relatively happy-go-lucky considering his upbringing. He will always look out for his comrades, and will willingly put himself in great danger in order to save people.

However, Archie also tends to disregard social structures and hierarchy, preferring to treat others as equals rather than with the respect and elegance expected in a highly traditional magical society. His disdain for tradition borders on outright disrespect, and he does not care at all about proper etiquette and tact. He disregards authority whenever he feels it is an obstruction to his goals. He is also an atheist and will not hesitate to tell that to people, which makes him a walking time-bomb when dealing with matters related to organized religious groups. He also intensely hates people who use their name and status in order to gain something, as it reminds him of his struggle to break free from his own family.

Motivation: Archie has only one goal: to break free from his family's name and influence. More details may be found in the biography.

Biography:

Born in San Jose, California to a lesser branch family of the renowned Lawson family of water mages, Archibald was supposed to be destined to serve as a pawn for his masters, the main Lawson family. All male members of his branch family had traditionally served as lackeys of the head mage of the Lawson family, who in turned served the Riley family of Delaware. In preparation for this life, Archibald was trained from a young age to master the art of his family's magecraft, which he took on as a fish takes to water. His magical compatibility with his family's magecraft was exceptionally high, which all but seemed to ensure that one day he would serve as head honcho. Everyone was so sure of this that he also started training to become totally subservient, in preparation for a life in which he would do nothing but follow orders to the letter.

However, the young Archibald would have none of this. He intensely disliked the role that he was destined to play, and he resolved to escape the boring life that he felt awaited him. He grew intensely rebellious, refusing to follow his family's expectations and became a delinquent. In turn, however, his family only resolved to try to rein in his behavior, becoming ever more cruel to Archibald in an effort to force him to conform to their ideals.

Disgusted by what he felt was a betrayal by his own family, who believed more in their ideals rather than in their individual family members, Archibald eventually ran away from home at the age of 17, taking with him a large amount of cash, jewelry and the family heirlooms. In order to sustain himself during his days of wandering around, he sold most of the items he had stolen, keeping only the family sword as a sort of ironic memento: a reminder to himself of what he was expected to be, and a motivation to prove that he was so much more than what his family wanted him to become. This made him wealthy to a degree, as the jewels he had stolen turned out to be enchanted jewels that were worth a small fortune each.

Skillfully evading the Lawson family's efforts to capture him, Archibald eventually managed to escape to Europe, intending to seek refuge with the other mage families there, whom he believed would welcome him in. While in Germany, however, he eventually heard of Mittlerstadt Academy. Believing that this was the first step he needed in order to prove himself, he applied at the age of 18, and eventually was accepted.

Spirit File

Name: The Witch King
Appearance:

Build: 7 foot tall, appears to be gaunt and thin but is surprisingly fast and strong. It is unknown if he even is human, as he has never been seen without his robes or armor.

Personality: The Witch King is a somber, humble individual, who prefers to stay silent in matters if it does not concern him. Surprisingly for someone who possesses a threatening appearance, The Witch King is actually friendly to those he trusts, and even offers words of wisdom and advice from time to time. He also seems to possess a kingly demeanor, treating his comrades with honor and respect. He is also very loyal to Archie, and seems to care very much for his mage's well-being. He is not above disobeying orders, however, if he deems a course of action to be detrimental to their goals and plans. He also prioritizes Archie's orders and well-being above all else, being willing to disobey orders from Archie's superiors and even endanger his own comrades if it means fulfilling Archie's own orders or keeping him safe.

Mana Battery Count: 1200

Magic Specialty/Specialties: Dark Magic

Magic Techniques:

• Hour of Darkness - Hour of Darkness is a passive ability rather an actual magic technique, but it is the apex of the Witch King's power. From 3 AM to 4 AM, the Witch King's power is at his most powerful, allowing him to charge his mana batteries near instantly and boosting his physical and magical abilities to thrice their usual power. He also gains massive resistance against both Holy Artifacts and Light Magic during this time frame, making him a more difficult opponent to defeat.
  • Dark Energy Manipulation - The Witch King's first magic technique is actually associated mostly with manipulation of dark matter. He can project blasts of dark energy towards his foes, make various solid constructs of energy, make a defensive force field of dark energy, or even enchant his weapons with dark energy to make them deadlier. The only limit is his imagination, though his mana limitations prevent him from using extremely destructive magic.
  • Fear Projection - Fear Projection is the second of the Witch King's magic techniques. When activated, the target chosen by The Witch King is immediately seized by a feeling of dread or fear, and it becomes worse the closer one is to The Witch King. Those who possess lesser courage or mental resistance can be frozen with fear if close enough to him, and can even be driven mad or insane if exposed to this ability for too long. Those who have courage or greater mental resistance can resist this ability to a degree, but remaining in its power for too long can erode even the most courageous of Spirits and people, and reduce them to a shadow of who they once were. The Witch King can only target 5 people at any one time with this ability, and they have to be within 100 meters and within his perception.
  • Weapon Enchantment - One of the many applications of Dark Energy Manipulation is the ability to enchant The Witch King's weapons, and those of his allies, with powerful dark energy. The effects of each enchantment differ according to Witch King's choice, though known effects include poisoning, inducing rot into flesh, bonus damage against angels, and even the ability to project weak dark energy from the weapon.

Weaknesses:
  • Holy Artifacts - Artifacts or weapons that have been blessed by the churches associated with light magic appear to be more effective in dealing damage against the Witch King, as he heals slower and is weakened more by injuries inflicted by these holy relics. Artifacts or weapons blessed by churches associated with dark magic do nothing to him, however.
  • Divine Protection - In addition to his weakness to Holy Artifacts, his abilities are generally less effective against protection granted by the Divine. While he is not totally helpless against those with Divine Protection, The Witch King finds himself exerting more effort to defeat those granted protection by the Church. He is also unable to enter places of worship associated with light magic. This only applies to churches associated with light, however. He can still enter places associated with worship of the dark magic.
  • Mental Fortitude - Fear Projection can be mitigated somewhat by magic that strengthens the mental fortitude of a target, making them able to resist the fear being projected onto them. However, it is still not advised to remain under Fear Projection's power for too long, as it can ultimately erode even the most courageous of people.

Equipment: He wears a regular plate armor set underneath his robes, which covers him from head to toe. He also possesses a sword, a flail, and a dirk for combat, though he does not carry a shield.

#KnS
Last edited by Castelia on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:56 am, edited 10 times in total.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:55 pm

Castelia wrote:snip

Couple of different things to note.

First, you might not want to tie strength too much to time of day as a large number of missions are during the day time and can't always be accommodated to fit one student and spirit pairing. And since you don't have much control over mission times, it could lead to some bad outcomes.

Second, most of the powers look fine but you're not going to be able to instill dread in everyone for 100 meters as a passive ability.
don't tread on me

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:07 am

Forest State wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:snip

You sure you want to go with a one trick pony skillset?

It's highly unadvised because if you end up in a fight where the opponent can counter that one skill, you, well, straight up won't be able to do anything.

Yep. I have a soft spot for one trick pony type of characters, to be honest. First because having just one powerful skill instead of a couple average ones is easier for me to keep track of and balance, and second because it comes with a pre-built character arc and opportunity to have my character go through character-developing struggles (like what you mentioned).

And finished my app.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:48 am

Accepted.

I'll also have some more information up in the future about great house members which might be useful for you given your character is from one of them.
don't tread on me

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:52 am

Forest State wrote:

Accepted.

I'll also have some more information up in the future about great house members which might be useful for you given your character is from one of them.

Sounds great!
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:52 am

The spirit to go with Gabriella's app.

Spirit File

Name: Cändalia / "Candace"
Appearance:

Build: 5'4", 131 lbs

Personality: Candace, as she is known, tends to be one of the more brazen and adrenaline seeking spirits of the bunch. Loud, the type of person who does things before thinking on them too much, and definitely hedonistic, Candace doesn't have some higher motivation about either changing the world or taking it over, but simply chose the path of following after a mage because it provides a legal chance to fight others, including some of the best magical competition around in the form of demons, vampires, and powerful rogue mages. She tends to maintain an opposites attract dynamic with her master, Gabriella. While Gabriella might be proper and think things out well, Candace is the one that can improvise in the moment using her instincts and act outside of the bounds of what a proper mage who comes from a family of high society would do.

Mana Battery Count: 925

Magic Specialty/Specialties: Fire Magic

Magic Techniques:

• Heat & Fire Immunity: Because of Candace's specific type of magic and her aptitude with it, she is immune to damage from both heat and from fire. This also applies to magic based on these.
  • Heat Seeking Heat: Candace is able to deploy a fireball with a diameter of about eight inches which will chase after the nearest source of heat after passing the ten meter mark. This intermediate ranged attack is good at following an enemy but the weakness is that the power doesn't distinguish between friend or foe, or even nonhuman objects. This means it can hit an ally if Candace isn't careful and it can also be avoided if the target is near a larger source of heat such as a running engine or an open flame.
  • Heat Barriers: Candace is able to put up a wall of fire in a specific location which will not burn the surrounding terrain but will burn anyone or anything that tries to pass through it. The size of these walls varies and larger ones require more mana than small ones, with doorway sized ones being very cost effective for the amount of mana they can require. Someone can just walk through it, but they'll have to deal with catching fire as they do so.
  • Incendiaries: Additionally, Candace can cast a spell before attacking which will cause whatever weapon she is using to be covered in a highly volatile form of fire, which easily spreads to other objects. If she's using a bladed weapon, the duration of the spell will be two minutes. If she's using a weapon that fires individual projectiles, such as a gun, the spell requires recasting for each shot being fired. When a bullet is fired using this method, or a bladed weapon strikes someone, it's much easier for them to catch fire.

Weaknesses: Candace has a weak skillset for her status as a spirit, at least compared to some of the others. Her set of spells is relatively simple and while it can be extremely effective against regular humans, more skilled mages should have plenty of ways around these skills, requiring them to be used effectively tactics-wise for them to be successful. Her fire magic can also be countered by a stronger water mage very effectively. Her flames aren't effective, after all, if someone with water magic puts them out. This also applies to anyone who has access to enough water, or a fire extinguisher, regardless of their magic skill or lack thereof.

Equipment: Candace is capable of summoning a suit of armor which covers her from head to toe and acts as protection against both bladed weapons and bullets up to .50 caliber. This armor doesn't come without its weaknesses, however, and the joints can be pierced with a blade or a polearm as well as the sides. The armor itself shares Candace's fire immunity and also has protection against fire based magic, but can be pierced easier than it can be with physical attacks using ones based on magical energy. Physical objects summoned with magic, however, do not get this bonus against the armor. Another weakness is the fact that Candace's movement speed in the armor is subpar because of its weight. This armor also includes two weapons which can be summoned: one of them being a claymore, and the other one being a longbow. While this is Candace's main loadout, depending on the threat she'll also carry a Beretta PX4 pistol which is compatible with her incendiary ability.

#KnS
Last edited by Forest State on Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:15 am

I’m very interested now that I have time to invest. I will read everything then hopefully start working on an app.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:40 pm

The following is CLASSIFIED information for the personnel department of Division II. Unauthorized release of this information will result in legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.

Agent File

Name: Nadia Tiernan
Appearance:

Build: 5'10", 150 lbs

Mana Battery Count: 880

Magic Specialty/Specialties: Enchantment (Not Enchanting), Biology Magic

Magic Techniques: Illusions, Confusion (Enemy), Animal Enchantment (Limited control of animals, typically targeting enemies), Plant Control, Personal Plant Enhancements (Bark skin, poision thorns, ETC)

Weaknesses: Nadia's magic, barring illusions, takes time to take hold, and the more mana the enemy has, the more mana Nadia has to use to influence them. Because of her specialty, she doesn't have much direct combat ability, relying more on misdirection, and so on in direct combat. Is sensitive to....getting to close to people, for reasons she keeps to herself.

Equipment: Favors a P90, or some sort of 9mm pistol when she can get away with it. Almost always carries a short sword, and knife as well. Armor varies from situation to situation, but generally she prefers light armor, and enchantments that help increase her speed, agility, and flexibility.

Alignment: CN (She mostly looks out for herself, and her Spirit Éadaoin)
Nationality: Irish
Hometown: Dublin
Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Fun loving, outspoken, and rambunctious. Nadia prioritizes fun over all else when she can help it, doing enough to keep herself in the academy/out of trouble, but otherwise focuses on herself.
Motivation: Nadia wants to do well enough here to be set for life, so she can do whatever she wants her entire life. Secondarily she seeks to reassure herself of her strength, and ability.

Biography: Nadia is a low born from Ireland. Born to a single mother, and an unknown father, she showed a talent for magic early in her life. As she grew up she generally ignored her magic, in favor of just having fun. Be it skipping school, getting in fights, going to parties, or being a bit of a player, she was easy to spot up until early highschool. While she did practice throughout her life, something happened during the winter of her freshman year, and while she was still a party girl, people rarely got to have the fun she was most famous for. She moved on to lightweight drugs, and alcohol, and put a newfound fervor into her magic. Her grades and attendance improved, and eventually she found herself actually getting noticed for her talents.

Not being related to a great house, she had many problems getting recognized, but eventually her talent and raw power prevailed. Throughout highschool she became more aggressive, and got into more and more fights, until early in senior year when they just ended. The fact that this coincided with the disappearance of three of her schools most popular guys was always suspicious, but no one was ever able to prove anything. The men were never seen again, and shortly after she summoned Éadaoin, and the two became partners in 'crime. Both were well behaved by their standards in order to actually get into Mittlerstadt Academy, now they continue to grow stronger, and their personal goals are far more ambiguous than most of their peers.

Spirit File

Name: Éadaoin
Appearance:

Build: 5'6", 120 lbs

Personality: Just as fun loving as Nadia, and just as focused on herself and her partner. Éadaoin differs in that while Nadia is...domineering, Éadaoin has other tastes. Ones only Nadia knows, but in general she is aggressive and energetic, willing to do almost anything at the drop of a hat.

Mana Battery Count: 1080

Magic Specialty/Specialties: Shadow Magic, Physical Enhancement

Magic Techniques: Shadow Travel, Dark Energy Manipulation, Strength Enhancement, Speed Enhancement, Agility Enhancement

Weaknesses: Éadaoin is unpredictable, and motivated by her whims and desires. While she generally listens to Nadia, she often refuses to listen to anyone else without good reason. Further she is vulnerable to Enchantment, and has little resistance against this branch of magic, part of why she listens to Nadia (mostly because she's....fond of Nadia). She also tends to prefer head on fighting, finding stealth, and ambush....boring. She can do it if ordered, but will often seek ways to turn this into a 'proper' fight.

Equipment: Wields a cutlass in combat, and prefers light armor. Often her armor is matched with what Nadia is using, and built to further her own enhancements, making her a fast, powerful, if vulnerable force in combat. On Nadia's instance, she carries a pistol, but rarely uses it.

#KnS
Last edited by Durmatagno on Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:44 pm

How do I Energy Batteries?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Danceria wrote:How do I Energy Batteries?

Mana batteries are explained in the same section that explains magic in general.
Durmatagno wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:58 pm

Agent File

Name: Rosalie Morrigan
Appearance:

Build: 6'2", 165lbs

Mana Battery Count: 960

Magic Specialty/Specialties: Technomagic (Actually Metal, Electricity Magic, and Enchantment magic.) (Primary - Enchanting, Tertiary Metal, Tertiary Electricity)

Magic Techniques: Metal Enhancement, Metal Manipulation, Electricity Generation, Electricity Control "Technomagic" is really just combining Metal and Electricity Manipulation to manipulate and enhance technology, and enchanting pieces for large benefits. Rosalie likes to stack bufs on things.

Weaknesses: While she has some direct combat abilities, Rosalie is much more of a....enchanter. While she has three specialties, her metal and electricity are far more recent. She has spent most of her time on Enchantment (actual enchanting of objects) and knows that dividing her attention between these three puts her behind anyone that focuses on one of them, she believes they all complement each other. As such she needs significant prep time to bring her full strength to bear, and catching her unprepared is more crippling than most. Additionally she is vulnerable to anyone getting to close, as she relies on avoidance, and ranged combat.

Equipment: Heavy armor is the name of the game, and Rosalie excels at making it. Even without adding magic she is skilled at manipulating metal, and when combining it with her general abilities...well let's just say she, or her spirit as is more common, are hard targets that lighter attacks just glance off of. Beyond this, Rosalie carries a Shotgun or Assault Rifle where appropriate, and a well enchanted wakazashi,

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Nationality: American
Hometown: Bermond, Califronia

Personality: Eccentric, and a workaholic. Rosalie focuses on her work above all else, be it studying, forging, or enchanting. She generally has problems with people, mostly understanding them. She used to be far worse, and up until a few years ago could be said to have no friends, and have been totally repressed. These days she is a bit more....active, and has a reputation for seducing other enchanters, and outside of mages, mechanics and engineers. People interested in the same things as her. She's a steadfast friend to anyone that earns it, but generally doesn't care much for people, just her creations.
Motivation: The better the mage she is, the better the objects she forges and enchants. Secondarily, she wants to promote her small house from California, while no great power, gaining it some prestige would be good.

Biography: Rosalie Morrigan was born and raised in Bermond California. A little town for the rich and powerful, but not well known for it's mages. Seeing an opening, her parents moved their minor (now intermediate, though lower intermediate) house from the East Coast to Bermond, where the lack of rivals, and the house's focus on technomagic and enchanting would allow it to thrive. While it has grown, her parents throttled the growth to insure that they would not be stamped out for growing to quickly, instead House Morrigan has always done it's best to avoid the ire of the great houses, and focus on building it's business contacts over it's magical prestige. That was until Rosalie was born. While they have still fought to avoid the ire of the houses, even hampering their own advancement to keep the great houses from focusing to much on them, Rosalie is the youngest of their children, and the next to enter the Mage's Guild and it's academy. A prodigy, with power and skill rivaling even members of the great houses, she has found her way to the school despite her other issues.

At one point she never would have even bothered with the social aspects of being part of a house, any house, let along the weave of alliances and rivalries that turn the world. While still new to the world of intrigue and power, Rosalie seeks to first secure her status as a master worthy of respect. She knows she can never hope to be flashy enough for attention, so instead she focuses on working towards creating a masterpiece. Something any Great House would want in their possession. She knows she will need friends, and allies to make it there. Since her early days in high school she has grown, from a complete social outcast to a woman able to at least pretend to understand what she's doing. Still, the number of people she's managed to....have some fun with has certainly shown her growth more than she usually presents. She now uses some of her obliviousness as a mask to get people to drop their guard around her.

Spirit File

Name: Autumn
Appearance:

Build: 6'0", 150 lbs

Personality: Despite all appearances, Autumn loves people. Knowing them, being with them, talking with them. She loves it all. How she ended up bound to Rosalie, or loyal to her is a mystery to many, and a secret kept between them, as they same fairly different. If someone threatens one of Autumn's friends or marks, she will fight fiercely to defend them, but she fights for Rosalie hardest of all. They are nigh inseparable, and Autumn stands watch of her friend even while Rosalie is working herself to exhaustion.

Mana Battery Count: 1170

Magic Specialty/Specialties: Metal Magic, Shield Magic

Magic Techniques: Energy Barrier, Metal Enhancement, Metal Control, Metal Transformation.

Weaknesses: Without the right equipment, Autumn is often lacking in power, but more than makes up for it by being tough, and specializing in deflecting and avoiding damage.

Equipment: Favors a heavy warhammer and heavy armor, but generally carries a SMG of some kind, and a knife. Is well trained in hand to hand and with most weaponry.

#KnS
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:10 pm

Castelia wrote:-snip-

Finished my application, Forest.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:07 am

Durmatagno wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 am

Forest State wrote:

Accepted.

Oh, God, I forgot to put in Archie's personality. Will edit first. I also had a minor change to the equipment: from USP Elite to USP Expert.

Edit: done with the personality.
Last edited by Castelia on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

IC thread has been posted, link is in the OP. For anyone thinking of joining the RP still, don't let the start of the IC discourage you. At the moment it's just some introductory posts and early social interaction, the actual important stuff such as classes/training will happen later after the first time skip.
don't tread on me

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:28 am

Forest State wrote:IC thread has been posted, link is in the OP. For anyone thinking of joining the RP still, don't let the start of the IC discourage you. At the moment it's just some introductory posts and early social interaction, the actual important stuff such as classes/training will happen later after the first time skip.

Yep. I have been busy of late... Working on app now.
Slava Ukraine!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:35 am

Yay.

What do each of the students have for the rooms? Are we going to live separately or with one or two roommates?

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:46 am

On rooms.

All students at the academy live on site, specifically at the Northeast Apartments located just to the north of the main part of campus. Within these apartment blocks each student will receive a one bedroom apartment with a bathroom, small living room, and a small kitchen. Students will be able to furnish their rooms with their own item and will be able to cook their own food if for whatever reason they do not wish to eat at the campus cafeteria or cafe. Students will be paid two hundred dollars a week during their time at the academy, which may be used to buy things such as personal items, things for their rooms, food, etc. Upon graduation, students can expect a large pay raise.

As for roommates we're going solo, having roommates tends to result in an opening rush of people making arrangements and then a giant reshuffling later when the inactives are made clear.
don't tread on me

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:01 am

Forest State wrote:On rooms.

All students at the academy live on site, specifically at the Northeast Apartments located just to the north of the main part of campus. Within these apartment blocks each student will receive a one bedroom apartment with a bathroom, small living room, and a small kitchen. Students will be able to furnish their rooms with their own item and will be able to cook their own food if for whatever reason they do not wish to eat at the campus cafeteria or cafe. Students will be paid two hundred dollars a week during their time at the academy, which may be used to buy things such as personal items, things for their rooms, food, etc. Upon graduation, students can expect a large pay raise.

As for roommates we're going solo, having roommates tends to result in an opening rush of people making arrangements and then a giant reshuffling later when the inactives are made clear.

Oki doki, thanks.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:20 am

Going to finish this later. But as for the mage part of it...

Agent File

Name: Juno Helena Kunze
Appearance:

Build: 5'7", 127 lbs

Mana Battery Count: 785

Magic Specialty/Specialties: Anti-Magic / Deathforce Magic

Magic Techniques:

• Erase: Juno's nullification magic, which is typically channeled through her left hand, is capable of erasing things. This can go for digital information, surface memories, and other things. Something doesn't even have to necessarily be digital for her to erase it. She can, for example, put her hand on a photograph and channel her magic into it to remove the details from faces. This does, however, require contact with the thing that she's erasing.
  • Deadzone: Juno is capable of nullifying magic within a ten meter radius around her body with the cost of requiring a consistent mana drain during this time. Under normal combat circumstances she can keep this drain up for about forty five seconds while continuing to use her other abilities and focusing on combat, while under perfect conditions this time would be closer to a minute and a half. However, Juno can use the ability in a different way and infuse mana into an area all at once, marked out by a circle on the ground. Once infused, this trap can be activated by Juno from wherever she is within a five hundred meter range, rendering all magic within the area nullified for up to one minute without the consistent drain. One disadvantage, of course, is the fact that the pre infused form of the ability is stationary and can be seen by the marks on the ground.
  • Deathforce: Juno's other ability, typically used through her right hand, is able to aggressively attack someone at their core, their lifeforce. This "deathforce" is typically manifested in energy form as some kind of weapon, most of the time a set of claws for closed combat or as multiple throwing knives for further ranges. These attacks do not injure at the physical level but instead the spiritual one, and when someone gains an injury with this ability, it cannot be healed by conventional means and will not show up as a conventional injury. To heal, the person will need help from a magic based healer.

Weaknesses: Despite being a formidable opponent at close ranges, Juno lacks the capability to seriously attack most powerful enemies while relying on her magic. The relatively very short range for her deadzone ability also works against her and makes her easy to avoid despite the risk of facing her up close, and the ability can also not be targeted to only focus on enemies. Which means she has to fight alone some of the time to avoid her own allies being disrupted by her ability. Additionally, her deathforce ability lacks a long ranged option and forces her to get involved in a close fight to use it properly... Something which many other mages have more tools to win.

Equipment: Depending on the specific day in the field, Juno compensates through a number of conventional means and typically uses a 1911 pistol and an OSV-96 sniper rifle for these purposes.

Alignment: Neutral Evil
Nationality: German-American
Hometown: Schwer Landing, Brandenburg, Germany

Personality: Ambitious, hard working, and industrious are all words that could be used to describe Juno Kunze. She's generally self sufficient - which was a need early on because of her background and the fact that neither family wanted to be associated with her - and tends to put a high value on hard work and dedication, praising those who embody those traits and looking down on those who slack on them. That's because she's worked to get where she is, despite what her family names might suggest. While she has a kind side, ambition is perhaps Juno's main trait and she isn't afraid to stand in the path of others if it means getting to the top herself and with her friends. Many have described her personality and mentality to be like that of an entrepreneur or possibly a General.

Motivation: In her words, to become the greatest mage to ever do it.

Biography: Rolls Royces and Lamborghinis, Maseratis and Bugattis, magical relics and castles on hills... These were the things that Juno Kunze should have been born into, coming from not one but two of the great houses. Specifically, House Riley and House Schwer. Maybe if she had been born into that life, she would already be well on her way to the goal of becoming the greatest of all time. Juno, after all, has never failed for lack of trying. But the fact of the matter is that earlier on, she just never had the shot. Because while she was born into two great houses, she was practically exiled at birth because of the fact that her parents weren't married and that her existence was an accident. The daughter of Ember Riley and Johannes Schwer, the sister and brother of the heirs of their current houses, Juno never ended up living the high life like the others in the families that she came from. Instead, she was handed off to a regular woman in Schwer Landing, Adriana Kunze. Someone who wasn't even magic capable.

In fact, her stepmother was a cleaning lady in the service of the great house, and not even connected to them outside of that. She wasn't some great warrior that had fought for them, not some brilliant mind that had discovered magical knowledge for their archives, but a regular civilian who was somewhat removed from the mage life and was only in Schwer Landing for a job. Still, she took care of the young Juno well enough and they lived around some of the best mages in the world even if they weren't involved directly in what those mages did. Juno knew about her ancestry from the start. Started to resent the ones that had what should belong to her, too, and rejected her just because she hadn't been born when her parents were married and because her existence made the houses look bad. Still, while she considered it, she didn't run away from that life.

No, she stayed around it and she worked on her magic. She was around mages whenever she could manage and she received as many informal lessons as she could get, eventually managing to catch the eye of Hanne Danzig, one of the combat mages in the service of the Schwer family, and one who was quite high up, too. Danzig would be the one to instruct Juno in her unique style of magic, however, it would come at a high price. Danzig was released from the service of the family for instructing Juno, who studied under her from the time she was thirteen to the time she was seventeen, working as a lab assistant in Schwer's Landing at the same time to help her stepmother afford living in the expensive village.

It was when she was seventeen that she managed to catch the eye of her family, finally, too. Her blood family. At one of their public events held in the village, she shocked everyone by asking to fight Melani Schwer, the current head of the family, by herself, convinced that without spirits she would be able to win through her nullification tricks. The stakes? If she won, she would be accepted back into the family. If she lost, she would leave Schwer's Landing just like her mentor had done only months prior. The fight was accepted, with the Schwers trying their hardest to get their rogue member away from their capital. Juno came into the battle fully expecting victory but... That wasn't the outcome. Her nullification magic hardly did much against a great house head. She was incapacitated within the first two minutes of the battle, and despite swearing to get a better result in the future, she left her hometown with the possibility of never returning.

When she was eighteen, Juno stayed in England with Danzig, who was now searching for new work and courting a possible contract with the Rayden family. It was at this time that she finally used the crystals that she had saved up over time to conduct the summoning ritual and finally gain a spirit that would hopefully stay and help her towards her goals... What she ended up getting, however, wasn't what she expected. She gained an ally and not just that, but a strong one who believed in her ability as a leader. And the strength of that ally, as well as Danzig's recommendation, helped her get into an organization she never thought she would end up associated with: the Mage's Guild.

Spirit File

Name: Arios
Appearance:

Build: 6'7", 295 lbs

Personality:

Mana Battery Count: (The average spirit trends at about 1000 batteries.)

Magic Specialty/Specialties: (Refer to the OP for details)

Magic Techniques:

Weaknesses:

Equipment: (If Applicable. You can insert things like weapons here. Equipment must be balanced just like magic.)

#KnS
don't tread on me

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Sorry for dumb questions again.

Do Spirits tag along with their mages all the time, or are they only summoned when they are needed?

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:23 pm

Finland SSR wrote:Sorry for dumb questions again.

Do Spirits tag along with their mages all the time, or are they only summoned when they are needed?

The summoning is permanent and they can't de-materialise out of their physical vessel, so they tend to tag along with their mage unless they decide not to.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Confederation of the Equator
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of the Equator » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:12 pm

[minecraft villager sound]
Last edited by Confederation of the Equator on Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
where the fuck is my ground support

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse