NATION

PASSWORD

1906: Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC-DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Isle of The Webb
Attaché

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Isle of The Webb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:09 am

Reservation

Nation Name:Lìog na Gàidhlig, The Gaelic League
Territory:Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, isle of man, labrador, Anticosti, and Nova Scotia.
#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)

Is this acceptable? I'm still reading through the other apps and I don't want to cause strife.
Last edited by The Isle of The Webb on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:22 am

The Isle of The Webb wrote:
Reservation

Territory:Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, isle of man, labrador, Anticosti, and Nova Scotia.

Is this acceptable? I'm still reading through the other apps and I don't want to cause strife.

As a fellow player, I would suggest dropping Cornwall simply because (mainly) a) it’s not Gaelic to my knowledge (being closer to the Welsh side of the tree) and b) it’d be pretty difficult to defend from whatever holds England

Of course it’s a super nit picky suggestion so feel free to ignore it
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

The Isle of The Webb
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Isle of The Webb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:07 am

Krugmar wrote:
Reservation

As a fellow player, I would suggest dropping Cornwall simply because (mainly) a) it’s not Gaelic to my knowledge (being closer to the Welsh side of the tree) and b) it’d be pretty difficult to defend from whatever holds England

Of course it’s a super nit picky suggestion so feel free to ignore it

Ha good eye that's actually exactly why I took it. I intend to say that they did it as a power play against the English. A reminder that they are close in case they want to try something.
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

The Fascist Waffle Empire
Attaché

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist Waffle Empire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:24 am

Reservation

Nation Name: Dutch Republic
Territory: Netherlands, Flanders, Guinea Bissau, German Kamerun

Tell me if this is okay, cause I ain’t gotta clue
Now i know what yall may be thinkin. No, im not a fascist, i'm theocratical monarchy. And no, we are not a country composed of sentient waffles. Although that was one of the original ideas.

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:28 am

I'm going to consult with Finland SSR about our shared history before I continue to develop Colombia
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:02 am

Reservation

SCP Institution already kinda claimed the entirety of the British isles more or less so this isn't really workable unless you get a deal with him.

The Fascist Waffle Empire wrote:
Reservation

Here be map to help you know were reservations and claims are:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/339008946599886848/570922073707511809/AltDivMap0.8.png
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:11 am

Tag, I'm interested in something American, either Canada-Quebec area, Brazil, or something either in Peru-Bolivia or La Plata. Can I get a sitrep on who colonized where when?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:13 am

Kazarogkai wrote:
Reservation

SCP Institution already kinda claimed the entirety of the British isles more or less so this isn't really workable unless you get a deal with him.

Reservation

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/339008946599886848/570922073707511809/AltDivMap0.8.png

Unfortunately, my decision of accepting SCP's claim over the British Isles might be overturned by the other OP's. Like I said, we have high standards for those territories, and SCP hasn't been able to provide a concept for his nation yet.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The Isle of The Webb
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Isle of The Webb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:15 am

Kazarogkai wrote:
Reservation

Reservation

Oh sorry I didn't see that. it wasn't listed on the the reservations list. my bad
Last edited by The Isle of The Webb on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:16 am

Danceria wrote:Tag, I'm interested in something American, either Canada-Quebec area, Brazil, or something either in Peru-Bolivia or La Plata. Can I get a sitrep on who colonized where when?

Canada-Quebec might be claimed by !Britain, but as I said above, SCP's claim over it might be refused. Argentina was claimed last page by what I believe to be a Catalan/Spanish/Romance former colony, Peru was claimed by a Colombia.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:21 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Danceria wrote:Tag, I'm interested in something American, either Canada-Quebec area, Brazil, or something either in Peru-Bolivia or La Plata. Can I get a sitrep on who colonized where when?

Canada-Quebec might be claimed by !Britain, but as I said above, SCP's claim over it might be refused. Argentina was claimed last page by what I believe to be a Catalan/Spanish/Romance former colony, Peru was claimed by a Colombia.

So middle Brazil between purple splotch and brown stuff is still available?
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:21 am

Danceria wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Canada-Quebec might be claimed by !Britain, but as I said above, SCP's claim over it might be refused. Argentina was claimed last page by what I believe to be a Catalan/Spanish/Romance former colony, Peru was claimed by a Colombia.

So middle Brazil between purple splotch and brown stuff is still available?

Very much so

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:23 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Danceria wrote:So middle Brazil between purple splotch and brown stuff is still available?

Very much so

Leetus yeetus. Who are my neighbors in South America? Mad that Brown Splotch stole the sugar trade but hopefully I can still bank on Brazil's other resources.
Obligatory Quotes below

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:24 am

Danceria wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Very much so

Leetus yeetus. Who are my neighbors in South America? Mad that Brown Splotch stole the sugar trade but hopefully I can still bank on Brazil's other resources.

Speaking from my memories, the north is some sort of a free slave state, the south is a colony of Brittany.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:27 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Danceria wrote:Leetus yeetus. Who are my neighbors in South America? Mad that Brown Splotch stole the sugar trade but hopefully I can still bank on Brazil's other resources.

Speaking from my memories, the north is some sort of a free slave state, the south is a colony of Brittany.

And Venezuela from my reading is a formerly Spanish colony under Swedish oversight...?
Obligatory Quotes below

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:30 am

Danceria wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Speaking from my memories, the north is some sort of a free slave state, the south is a colony of Brittany.

And Venezuela from my reading is a formerly Spanish colony under Swedish oversight...?

Yep, Sweden bought it from Spain or something

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:43 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Danceria wrote:And Venezuela from my reading is a formerly Spanish colony under Swedish oversight...?

Yep, Sweden bought it from Spain or something

And Greater Guyana is basically the Hatian Empire, currently on my northern border, and inciting rebellions.
Obligatory Quotes below

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:56 am

Danceria wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Yep, Sweden bought it from Spain or something

And Greater Guyana is basically the Hatian Empire, currently on my northern border, and inciting rebellions.

Yes and quite possible

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:01 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Danceria wrote:And Greater Guyana is basically the Hatian Empire, currently on my northern border, and inciting rebellions.

Yes and quite possible

*Concerned pioneer noises*
So who would like an ex-colony in Brazil?
Obligatory Quotes below

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Danceria wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Yes and quite possible

*Concerned pioneer noises*

I mean, I can have Spain have one if you want.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:12 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Danceria wrote:*Concerned pioneer noises*

I mean, I can have Spain have one if you want.

Frankly don't really care because it saves me from writing my own history allows me to sync up better with other players. I would think that the French/Wherever the Guyanans came from would have de-jure claim, or colonised it first.

If not, I could be a real Chad and make an empire near a lake in Chad.
Obligatory Quotes below

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Danceria wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:I mean, I can have Spain have one if you want.

Frankly don't really care because it saves me from writing my own history allows me to sync up better with other players. I would think that the French/Wherever the Guyanans came from would have de-jure claim, or colonised it first.

That would work for me: a French-speaking Reformed republic in Brazil would certainly be a fun departure from our history. When and how would your country have achieved independence?
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:22 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
Danceria wrote:Frankly don't really care because it saves me from writing my own history allows me to sync up better with other players. I would think that the French/Wherever the Guyanans came from would have de-jure claim, or colonised it first.

That would work for me: a French-speaking Reformed republic in Brazil would certainly be a fun departure from our history. When and how would your country have achieved independence?

Isn't France already a Reformed Republic in Europe? Maybe all the Catholics went to Brazil. When/how/where did the Reformation occur in this timeline? I want to be a slightly more authoritarian democratic republic, but with there being two(!) Romes, and lots of empires...
Obligatory Quotes below

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:29 pm

Danceria wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:

Isn't France already a Reformed Republic in Europe? Maybe all the Catholics went to Brazil. When/how/where did the Reformation occur in this timeline? I want to be a slightly more authoritarian democratic republic, but with there being two(!) Romes, and lots of empires...

You can review my app, but basically the French Reformation occurred in the sixteenth century, when France in this timeline was a bunch of disunited city-states and duchies under Roman suzereinty. Calvinism caught on with the bourgeoisie, initially as a way of justifying tax refusal, and then became the ideology that defined modern French national identity as all the little states came together to resist Roman invasion. So by the time France existed as a nation, it was uniformly Protestant, because Protestantism was responsible for the concept of France.

So if France colonized Brazil, it would definitely have created a Reformed colony with a republican government. Either or both of those things could have changed since independence, but that would be the cultural root stock.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:31 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
Danceria wrote:Isn't France already a Reformed Republic in Europe? Maybe all the Catholics went to Brazil. When/how/where did the Reformation occur in this timeline? I want to be a slightly more authoritarian democratic republic, but with there being two(!) Romes, and lots of empires...

You can review my app, but basically the French Reformation occurred in the sixteenth century, when France in this timeline was a bunch of disunited city-states and duchies under Roman suzereinty. Calvinism caught on with the bourgeoisie, initially as a way of justifying tax refusal, and then became the ideology that defined modern French national identity as all the little states came together to resist Roman invasion. So by the time France existed as a nation, it was uniformly Protestant, because Protestantism was responsible for the concept of France.

So if France colonized Brazil, it would definitely have created a Reformed colony with a republican government. Either or both of those things could have changed since independence, but that would be the cultural root stock.

Definitely going to look into your history. I say France because it's in the middle of Spain and Brittany.
Obligatory Quotes below

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse