NATION

PASSWORD

[Proposal] National Anthems

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Romathem
Civilian

Founded: Apr 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

[Proposal] National Anthems

Postby Romathem » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:56 am

Most Countries have a national anthem
natiostates should add them

Guelder
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Guelder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:00 am

I agree
The official name is Guelders so please call me Guelders.
I believe in positivity and love
I am a Conservative-Liberal
I speak Dutch and English

Sanctum and Ultima
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum and Ultima » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:07 am

This nation actually does not really represent my OOC/IRL views.
9axes: https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a= ... &h=85&i=23
RIP NOTRE DAME
Inner Lands wrote:One men, multiplied by two, divided in four, and obligated to live in eight realms each part of it.

Corrupt Dictator Doges wrote:The former USSR, but with food
United Realms of Sanctum and Ultima
Sæþvir Činovidatăriþ Qahtașăr uc Vilyraðe
A nation set in a world where nations compete for a territory in space...
Now, after getting lots of territory in outer space, our nation was thrown into disarray due to technocrats and commies.
Q&A
PMT nations are the best (change my mind)

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:07 am

This is an idea which has been suggested many times but the answer by the admins has remained the same: not going to be happen for various reasons such as copyright (we all know the owners of music rights are much more litigious than the rights owners of things like images) and storage space limitations (there are currently 175,529 accounts, imagine if NS allowed users to upload an mp3 file of up to 5 megabytes [about the average mp3 size], that would mean NS would need to allocate storage space of over 877 GIGABYTES just for anthems, and for comparison, if every nation decided to upload a flag of the maximum allowable size [250 kilobytes], that would only require 48.8 gigabytes of space)
Last edited by Gandoor on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Sanctum and Ultima
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum and Ultima » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:09 am

Gandoor wrote:This is an idea which has been suggested many times but the answer by the admins has remained the same: not going to be happen for various reasons such as copyright (we all know the owners of music rights are much more litigious than the rights owners of things like images) and storage space limitations (there are currently 175,529 accounts, imagine if NS allowed users to upload an mp3 file of up to 5 megabytes [about the average mp3 size], that would mean NS would need to allocate storage space of over 877 GIGABYTES just for anthems, and for comparison, if every nation decided to upload a flag of the maximum allowable size [250 kilobytes], that would only require 48.8 gigabytes of space)

or just make a factbook *wink*
This nation actually does not really represent my OOC/IRL views.
9axes: https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a= ... &h=85&i=23
RIP NOTRE DAME
Inner Lands wrote:One men, multiplied by two, divided in four, and obligated to live in eight realms each part of it.

Corrupt Dictator Doges wrote:The former USSR, but with food
United Realms of Sanctum and Ultima
Sæþvir Činovidatăriþ Qahtașăr uc Vilyraðe
A nation set in a world where nations compete for a territory in space...
Now, after getting lots of territory in outer space, our nation was thrown into disarray due to technocrats and commies.
Q&A
PMT nations are the best (change my mind)

Return to Technical