NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|OOC, Signup, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:21 pm

Foxfound wrote:I should be able to get a post up fairly soon. I've been busy with school and such.

Dont worry about it.

Also, you think Olorisa would maybe have some personal music files of the Crew of the Destiny?
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:27 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Foxfound wrote:I should be able to get a post up fairly soon. I've been busy with school and such.

Dont worry about it.

Also, you think Olorisa would maybe have some personal music files of the Crew of the Destiny?

Maybe. She probably didn't have time to transfer much over other than herself. I did imagine her having some music of her own built into her code, though, along with some messages from her designers. This stuff will probably get discovered when someone tries to fix her programming.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Dont worry about it.

Maybe. She probably didn't have time to transfer much over other than herself. I did imagine her having some music of her own built into her code, though, along with some messages from her designers. This stuff will probably get discovered when someone tries to fix her programming.

That's good, at the very least some good music. We'll see.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:00 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Foxfound wrote:Maybe. She probably didn't have time to transfer much over other than herself. I did imagine her having some music of her own built into her code, though, along with some messages from her designers. This stuff will probably get discovered when someone tries to fix her programming.

That's good, at the very least some good music. We'll see.

For some reason I'm reminded of how Mark Watney in The Martian was stuck with nothing but 70s disco music for years.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:33 am

Foxfound wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:That's good, at the very least some good music. We'll see.

For some reason I'm reminded of how Mark Watney in The Martian was stuck with nothing but 70s disco music for years.

BTW do you have any plan for what might need to done to get her online?

Also, did you have any thoughts for how long that should take?

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Foxfound wrote:For some reason I'm reminded of how Mark Watney in The Martian was stuck with nothing but 70s disco music for years.

I guess the main thing would be getting her to understand how the alien hardware works. Right now she's sort of figuring out how to move around and control things, but she'll definitely need some reprogramming to manage the whole ship like she did with the Destiny.

The other main hurdle is getting rid of all the protocols that keep trying to make her do systems checks on the Destiny, only let her listen to her original crew, etc. There will also be the option of getting rid of the protocols limiting her free will, and perhaps even picking up where her designers left off and giving her a more 'human' mind and emotions, but I'll leave it up to the others to decide if they want a fully-independent AI on their hands.

I'm not sure how long getting her code to mesh with the ship will take, but once it's done everything else should be accomplished pretty quickly.

Sorry if any of the wording here is awkward, it's hard to type on my phone.
Last edited by Foxfound on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:34 am

Foxfound wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

I guess the main thing would be getting her to understand how the alien hardware works. Right now she's sort of figuring out how to move around and control things, but she'll definitely need some reprogramming to manage the whole ship like she did with the Destiny.

The other main hurdle is getting rid of all the protocols that keep trying to make her do systems checks on the Destiny, only let her listen to her original crew, etc. There will also be the option of getting rid of the protocols limiting her free will, and perhaps even picking up where her designers left off and giving her a more 'human' mind and emotions, but I'll leave it up to the others to decide if they want a fully-independent AI on their hands.

I'm not sure how long getting her code to mesh with the ship will take, but once it's done everything else should be accomplished pretty quickly.

Cool, feel free to RP her gradually gaining control since the engineers are trying to make that happen and nobody has warned them of the risks. Also feel free to have her lock Thanica out of navigation at an inopportune moment :D

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:25 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Foxfound wrote:I guess the main thing would be getting her to understand how the alien hardware works. Right now she's sort of figuring out how to move around and control things, but she'll definitely need some reprogramming to manage the whole ship like she did with the Destiny.

Cool, feel free to RP her gradually gaining control since the engineers are trying to make that happen and nobody has warned them of the risks. Also feel free to have her lock Thanica out of navigation at an inopportune moment :D

I guess once someone has their character try to reprogram Olorisa I'll post a response with what they'd see in her code. There might be some things even she isn't aware of.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:22 am

Species Description
    Name: Tza'th
    Singular: Tza'th
    Plural: Tza'ths
    Adjective: Tza'thi
    Appearance:

Tza'ths are short, at most growing to 3 feet plus a few inches in height. Their fur is always some dark shade of blue--except when one is an albino, in which case the individual has pink-ish fur.
    Biology:
    Tz’aths are reptomammals that live in underground cave systems. They are in their element in the dark and are nicknamed by many as umbratheres--that is, beasts of shadow.

These unassuming little critters function perfectly in pitch black, and it’s all thanks to their highly developed sensory organs. Their large eyes allow them to switch between night vision and regular vision wherein they see color much like humans. Long, swiveling ears allow them to pick up the faintest sounds and single them out in noisy environments. The antennae extending from their foreheads allow them to pick up electric fields. And their powerful noses give them astounding chemosensory capabilities. They can sense the presence of certain liquids as well, and tell if there are any harmful chemicals in their vicinity.

Tz’aths are quite hefty, durable, and incredibly strong for their size. They can lift objects several times their weight, and tear through metal with their powerful jaws(bite force of over 7000 psi). As such, when taken captive they normally have their arms and heads encased entirely in metal. Such extraordinary strength is credited to their home’s environment where they feed upon exotic metals.

Killing a Tz’ath is a pain in the leftmost buttcheek. Just ask a Ragon. They once got involved in a war with these little demons, and even under fire, electric shock, and energy weaponry, they persisted. Each time they fall they would get back up, charging forward with much more ferocity than before. Though notably, one or two well placed hits from a viable weapon incapacitated or killed them.

Other than sustained fire and really heavy objects, liquids can also kill a Tz’ath quite easily. Their molecular density is rather high, which causes them to sink in such liquids as water. Due to this, they’ve adapted to be able to tell if there are bodies of water nearby and where exactly they might be. This is not only to sense danger however, as they also use this ability to locate pools of poisonous liquid metal which they use as swimming pools.

Falling into water is rare for these creatures though, as they have a very special gland in their footpads that produces a substance that lets them adhere to almost any surface. They use this to climb up cave walls to avoid water and find good spots from which to ambush prey. If threatened enough, they can mix the substance with their sweat, producing a faintly sweet smell, but an otherwise sharp acrid taste that lingers on the tongue.

So if you don’t want to be up against all of that, you could use a magnet to restrain them or a good gunto kill them with. Alternatively, you could use other deterrents like bright flashes of light or sonic blasts. Take caution though, as these methods are not guaranteed to work on all Tz’aths. As short temper seems to be a running problem with the species, you could end up angering one more by trying to disorient or stun it, putting you and those around you in greater danger.

If by chance you manage to ward off a Tz’ath, you may be able to observe them curling up into near perfect spheres of fur and scale in a demonstration of amazing flexibility. This is a behavior that carries over from youth and manifests when Tz’aths are hurt, frightened, and sometimes when they are lazy, or in a good mood.

Background:

Homeworld:
    Ter'nokah – A large planet in the neutral zone. Much of its land area is covered in dense rainforests. There are seas in between them, but even they are filled with exotic plants, some extending across the surface or covering it, essentially forming a great oceanic forest. Here life thrives, and Ragons sometimes come to harvest the lesser creatures therein, but often meet fierce resistance from the Tz’aths who, confined to their home, have essentially over-fortified the planet.

Below, the Tz’aths inhabit massive cave systems that they themselves expand over time. Here they build their cities, retractable defense platforms, mines, and shipbuilding facilities. One would think that these places are dark, wet, and cold, but they’re actually quite beautiful to behold.

Unlike usual, caves on Ter’nokah are not bare. They are teeming with life in fact. Bioluminescent fauna and flora, flowing rivers, and lakes of liquid metal can be found all across the known system. So they’re not very scary or intimidating, but more fascinating and peaceful, if you can look past the voracious creatures stalking you at every turn.

Darkness isn’t really that big of an issue either, as chambers that are often used have artificial “suns” secured to the cave ceilings. These provide additional energy for Tz’athi technology, but have to be refilled with radioactive material every twelve years or so.

In orbit, Ter’nokah holds four moons. All of them were inhabited by Tz’aths until the Ragon Invasion. They’re now as barren as before the Tz’aths colonized them. Every now and then though, hunting parties go up there in secret for reasons yet unknown.

History:
    The Tz'aths used to be feared as a race of conquerors. Stories were told of how they flooded the skies over planets in the neutral zone, destroyed their armies, took what they wanted, and left as quickly as they came. For such small creatures they were ferocious, and their technology was impressive. Back home their great cities extended deep into the ground and housed millions of the Tz'athi population. They thrived on their fellowship in battle and the spoils of their victories and continuously pumped out weapons and vessels for their armed forces to use in their slow but brutal conquest of nearby star systems.

Eventually however, they met their match--The Ragons. The larger reptilians had a much more advanced fleet, and were difficult to damage. Though the Tz'aths fought hard, they were later pushed back to their homeworld where the Ragons began to isolate and consume them. The invaders soon found that this was not a very good idea though, as the little creatures quite literally tore their way out of the massive predators. And even when eaten dead, the Tz'aths gave the Ragons no satisfaction, and so they decided that their incursion was not worth the effort, and they soon left. Knowing that the little banebringers would be a problem however, they made sure to cripple the Tz'ath's ability to rebuild their space navy and blockaded their home system.

Now across the Neutral Zone, there are many Tz'aths who have been displaced by the war, mostly survivors of battles in space. Unable to return home either due to shame or lack of equipment to fight the Ragons with, they’ve resorted to living on whatever planets they could and became pirates or mercenaries.

Character Description
    Name: Sho'chavuk
    Species: Tza'th
    Appearance:
    [img]REVISION.PNG[/img]

The Tz'athi government mass-produces body-suits for the citizenry. They bear different colors and insignia depending on the occupation and status of the Tz'ath wearing it. Sho's body-suit is bright orange with a darker stripe of the same color down its middle, as well as around its cuffs. On occasion, Sho will wear an open jacket over the body suit along with a leather harness across his chest.

Sho'chavuk's fur is a dark shade of blue, with ornate stripes of a lighter shade beginning at the nape and ending at the base of his tail. His eyes are widely set in his skull and are golden yellow in color. His head is a bit large and flat, with a wide gape and highly distensible jaws. His largest teeth protrude from his mouth even when closed. He stands at 3’8” and is more muscular and has a longer neck and shorter tail compared to the average Tz'ath.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Skills:
    • Sho'chavuk is well-built and is thusly stronger than most Tz'ath. He is deadly in hand-to-hand combat and can easily kill with almost any object he gets his hands on.
    • Sho'chavuk likes food and arts, and has been honing his culinary and artistic skill for many years now. One may rely on him to prepare good food or create a hyper-realistic portrait of the most complex-looking alien species.
    • Marksmanship with heavy ranged weapons, because they do a lot of damage, and he can carry them quite easily (provided they can are compacted when in stowed)
    Weaknesses:
    • Sho is completely incapable of swimming in liquids that cannot support his molecular density.
    • He can be stunned by bright flashes of light or sonic blasts, but the success of such dishonourable tactics is not proven to work, and may only cause him to become more aggressive.
    • Powerful magnets may be used to restrain or trap him completely.
    • Being a Tz'ath, he has an innate urge to cause trouble.
    • Tends to steal things that he really likes.

Background:

Role on Ship: Prisoner
    Crimes Committed: Murder, Attempted Murder, Robbery, Aggravated Assault, Arson, Disorderly Conduct, Disturbing the Peace, Indecent Exposure, Vandalism, & Sexual Assault.
    Personality:
    Sho’chavuk is odd, to say the least. Normally he’s quite silly and overly formal, but he struggles with the inherent Tz’athi urge to disrupt and destroy. To compensate, he has been releasing this build-up through short bouts of violence, acts of monumental stupidity, and overall bad behaviour, though recently he has found an alternative in fine painting and culinary arts.

On the surface level, Sho is very insouciant and preoccupied. He tends to wander and think about things he can do. He likes to make himself useful, which is a part of his ultimate goal of improving himself. It’s been quite difficult though, as he still is as stubborn and unstable as ever.

He has a low sensitivity to justice, lacks self-awareness, and is incredibly indecisive, especially when it comes to meals. He can still become angry at times, but he manages to refrain from violence. And though he holds grudges, he can forgive, but he doesn’t forget. He also seems to enjoy heavy weapons and explosions.

Other than that, people who choose to associate with him will find over time that he can be very affectionate, very loyal, highly adaptable, and full of creativity.

Backstory:
    Sho’chavuk was born and raised on Ter’nokah, and lived through the glory days of his people and their downfall at the hands of the Ragon. He was a warrior in their ranks, and felled many a giant lizard in his time. At some point though, he was defeated, but not killed. He was stuck on a planet far from his own and couldn’t get back. But he did try. He gathered enough resources at one time to get a ride home, but found that the whole system was blockaded.

Left with no choice, Sho’chavuk began to live the life of a pirate. He joined a small band of raiders, but left them after a while, dropping off on an awful peaceful planet in Kiellar Command territory. It was here that he decided to become a nuisance for the local populace, and eventually gained a name for himself as such. The aelfe weren’t going to let that last for long though, and began pursuing him. It took them a lot of effort to finally capture him, but they won in the end, and now here Sho is, locked up in a stasis pod and on the way to wherever it was the Kiellar were taking him.
Last edited by Kylantha on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:34 am, edited 10 times in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:08 am

Foxfound wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

I guess once someone has their character try to reprogram Olorisa I'll post a response with what they'd see in her code. There might be some things even she isn't aware of.

They're working on helping her integrate 'off-screen' at the moment.

On a side note, any ideas for objects people might find while pillaging the prisoners' belongings?

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Foxfound wrote:I guess once someone has their character try to reprogram Olorisa I'll post a response with what they'd see in her code. There might be some things even she isn't aware of.

On a side note, any ideas for objects people might find while pillaging the prisoners' belongings?

Ah. Should I get rid of that post where she gave the crew a suggestion then? Nobody seems to have responded to it anyway, and it wouldn't make sense for her to be talking while they're messing with her code.
Last edited by Foxfound on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:42 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Ah. Should I get rid of that post where she gave the crew a suggestion then? Nobody seems to have responded to it anyway, and it wouldn't make sense for her to be talking while they're messing with her code.

Oh sorry! I thought that was her internal monologue

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:27 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Since someone already suggested going through the stuff I thought she was just commenting on that plan and thus I had no comment for her comment. Thought she got confused by the Captain Vari Pirate Disquise plan.

Maybe remove that- it's disturbing this computer would suggest such. Especially given what it was built for.

Even more so because; The crew seemed to be talking in terms of money, which didn't make logical sense to Olorisa, who hadn't quite picked up on the fact that there was civilization beyond Earth.

Well in Olorisa's mind that means attacking another Earth ship.

At the most I was hoping someone would correct the machine's misunderstanding of our ploy.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:39 pm

So... should I get rid of that part then? Just wanted to be clear.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:08 am

Foxfound wrote:So... should I get rid of that part then? Just wanted to be clear.

Would it be preferable if we retcon a response in or if we assume that was Olorisa's internal monologue? I don't think there is any need to delete the post.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:55 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Foxfound wrote:So... should I get rid of that part then? Just wanted to be clear.

Would it be preferable if we retcon a response in or if we assume that was Olorisa's internal monologue? I don't think there is any need to delete the post.

I'd prefer some kind of response, though only if it isn't too much trouble. Either way, I'll probably be able to get up another post today for her.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:44 am

Foxfound wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

I'd prefer some kind of response, though only if it isn't too much trouble. Either way, I'll probably be able to get up another post today for her.

There you go! I've given you the option of understanding what Thanica has to say or not.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:48 am

Kylantha wrote:
Species Description
Name: Tza'th

Character Description
Name: Sho'chavuk

Both accepted, as per our discussion on Discord :)

To everyone else, we are going to have another time skip shortly (once the big post that is being worked on by a few folk is up). If you have a bit more character development you want to do before things get violent again, now would be the time.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:24 am

Thanks very much~

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:56 am

Sorry I didn't end up posting yesterday. I'd forgotten that we we're going somewhere for Easter...

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:29 pm

Foxfound wrote:Sorry I didn't end up posting yesterday. I'd forgotten that we we're going somewhere for Easter...

Not a problem, I know its a family time for most people.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:25 am

I promise I'll do my best to post after school today. Lately there's been a lot I've had to think about and it makes it hard to focus on what to write.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Khas brought me here, gonna consider joining this.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:36 pm

I guess I just sort of have writers' block... I'll think of something.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:31 pm

The Palmetto wrote:Khas brought me here, gonna consider joining this.

Cool, if you could do with a rundown of whats going on, let me know.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse