NATION

PASSWORD

1912 Presidential Election: Rise of the Progressives (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:36 pm

Clark has been saying some pretty progressive things recently, wonder how his conservative supporters will take that....
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Dentali wrote:Clark has been saying some pretty progressive things recently, wonder how his conservative supporters will take that....

He is trying to balance it out by saying that he supports it if such action is taken only by the states.
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm

WTF Roosevelt cant just drop out like that, if youre leaving the RP leave but dont fuck the character over

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Dentali wrote:WTF Roosevelt cant just drop out like that, if youre leaving the RP leave but dont fuck the character over

Roosevelt wouldn't have even entered the race if only La Follette was competing, tbh. The two of them were fellow Progressives, and there is no Taft in the race.
Last edited by Finland SSR on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Dentali wrote:WTF Roosevelt cant just drop out like that, if youre leaving the RP leave but dont fuck the character over

Roosevelt wouldn't have even entered the race if only La Follette was competing, tbh. The two of them were fellow Progressives, and there is no Taft in the race.

Youre completely wrong, Roosevelt was winning and La Follete did run in real life

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:14 pm

Finland SSR wrote:

La Follette’s relation with Teddy soured a lot, and La Follette thought of Roosevelt as “not progressive enough”
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 pm

Dentali wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Roosevelt wouldn't have even entered the race if only La Follette was competing, tbh. The two of them were fellow Progressives, and there is no Taft in the race.

Youre completely wrong, Roosevelt was winning and La Follete did run in real life

Taft was running in real life.

Taft was Roosevelt's primary opponent, and the reason why he even ran.

Taft is not in the race.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 am

Finland SSR wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Taft was running in real life.

Taft is not in the race.

La Follette got 41 delegate votes, and won 2 state primaries, you do not know what you are talking about

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:48 am

Roosevelt dropping out is fine. Kind of odd, but fine. La Follette was a very... extreme progressive so him in a general election against a Democrat could be interesting. Depending on the Democratic candidate, moderate and conservative northern voters could be much more competitive.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:29 am

Dentali wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Taft was running in real life.

Taft is not in the race.

La Follette got 41 delegate votes, and won 2 state primaries, you do not know what you are talking about

Only because Roosevelt was in the race. Before he declared his candidacy, La Follette was the leader of the progressive faction in the Republican Party and was considered to be the premier challenger to Taft.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:34 am

Finland SSR wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Only because Roosevelt was in the race. Before he declared his candidacy, La Follette was the leader of the progressive faction in the Republican Party and was considered to be the premier challenger to Taft.

So you admit that Roosevelt ran against La Follette as opposed to your earlier statement

Finland SSR wrote:

Last edited by Dentali on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:03 am

Dentali wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Only because Roosevelt was in the race. Before he declared his candidacy, La Follette was the leader of the progressive faction in the Republican Party and was considered to be the premier challenger to Taft.

So you admit that Roosevelt ran against La Follette as opposed to your earlier statement

Finland SSR wrote:Roosevelt wouldn't have even entered the race if only La Follette was competing, tbh. The two of them were fellow Progressives, and there is no Taft in the race.

for fucks sake.

Roosevelt being in the same race as La Follette does not mean that Roosevelt ran specifically against La Follette, or that he would run against La Follette if he was the only other competitor. In the Roosevelt vs. Taft race, La Follette was just collateral damage, someone whose entire niche was taken by Roosevelt once he entered the race specifically to oppose Taft.

Look, what I'm getting to here is: no Taft/other conservative Republican = no Roosevelt.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:33 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Dentali wrote:

for fucks sake.

Roosevelt being in the same race as La Follette does not mean that Roosevelt ran specifically against La Follette, or that he would run against La Follette if he was the only other competitor. In the Roosevelt vs. Taft race, La Follette was just collateral damage, someone whose entire niche was taken by Roosevelt once he entered the race specifically to oppose Taft.

Look, what I'm getting to here is: no Taft/other conservative Republican = no Roosevelt.

Regardless, Roosevelt could still run for President in this.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:17 pm

Y'all should keep in mind that in this RP the number of delegates from each state is equal to the number of electoral votes the state has. Use site like 270towin to map out a strategy.

Also, I plan on having the conventions and nominations possibly tomorrow night. If not then, the day after for sure. Then the general election will start.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Arlenton wrote:Y'all should keep in mind that in this RP the number of delegates from each state is equal to the number of electoral votes the state has. Use site like 270towin to map out a strategy.

Also, I plan on having the conventions and nominations possibly tomorrow night. If not then, the day after for sure. Then the general election will start.

i thought the democrats had double the number of delegates as to electoral votes

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Dentali wrote:
Arlenton wrote:Y'all should keep in mind that in this RP the number of delegates from each state is equal to the number of electoral votes the state has. Use site like 270towin to map out a strategy.

i thought the democrats had double the number of delegates as to electoral votes

No. In this RP to save time and make it easy, the number of delegates is equal to the number of electoral votes.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:41 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Dentali wrote:

No. In this RP to save time and make it easy, the number of delegates is equal to the number of electoral votes.

alrighty thats fine by me

PS im super excited for Harmon

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:40 pm

The general election has begun.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Arlenton wrote:The general election has begun.

After Easter, I’m swamped

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:01 pm

Sorry, I have lots of stuff going on OOC (Finals, Job interviews, etc.) I’ll have to pull out of this one.
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:17 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Sorry, I have lots of stuff going on OOC (Finals, Job interviews, etc.) I’ll have to pull out of this one.

life happens man, no worries

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:06 pm

If anyone wants to take La Follette, let me know!

If no one has by tomorrow I'll pick a running mate for La Follette.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:29 pm

Arlenton wrote:If anyone wants to take La Follette, let me know!

unfortunately all the potential VPs are progressives and can't balance the ticket

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:27 am

Dentali wrote:
Arlenton wrote:If anyone wants to take La Follette, let me know!

unfortunately all the potential VPs are progressives and can't balance the ticket

There's one. Two if you count Taft.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:52 pm

Alright im not out but i'm going to stop posting because apparently it means nothing

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse