NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 4: Brainstorming, Discussion, Tea, Advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:01 pm

Would a spy/comedy RP work? Instead of being mainly humor based, I want to have a RP with a good setting and story, while still making sure there are plenty of hilarious moments, even if the story deals with serious events that took place during the Cold War, along with making it a satire of several spy movies and other works classified in the genre, such as Metal Gear and James Bond.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:28 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Would a spy/comedy RP work? Instead of being mainly humor based, I want to have a RP with a good setting and story, while still making sure there are plenty of hilarious moments, even if the story deals with serious events that took place during the Cold War, along with making it a satire of several spy movies and other works classified in the genre, such as Metal Gear and James Bond.

I was in a spy comedy not too long ago called "Evil Genius". It was a blast. Cold-war era, and my character was a hoot. I don't know if what you're planning is similar, but you might check it out.

I'd think that parodies of spy movies like James Bond would work well.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:54 am

I've been sitting on an OP for a police RP for almost a year now. I think it's of decent quality but I haven't posted it out of fear the effort will be totally wasted.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:14 am

Talchyon wrote:I was in a spy comedy not too long ago called "Evil Genius". It was a blast. Cold-war era, and my character was a hoot. I don't know if what you're planning is similar, but you might check it out.

I was in Evil Genius, also. A blast, also. For this RP, rather than work for an evil organization during the Cold War, you are hired by an Illuminati-esque agency who are willing to hire the most unqualified people to make sure the world is not being taken over by evil. I'm doing it during the Cold War, where I might add some alternate history to several parts.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:17 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Talchyon wrote:I was in a spy comedy not too long ago called "Evil Genius". It was a blast. Cold-war era, and my character was a hoot. I don't know if what you're planning is similar, but you might check it out.

I was in Evil Genius, also. A blast, also. For this RP, rather than work for an evil organization during the Cold War, you are hired by an Illuminati-esque agency who are willing to hire the most unqualified people to make sure the world is not being taken over by evil. I'm doing it during the Cold War, where I might add some alternate history to several parts.

I would be interested. Possible characters are coming to mind as we speak. Like an uptight, anal-retentive guy with OCD as a spy. Might be pretty hard for him to lay low.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Demorvian
Envoy

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Demorvian » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Give me feedback on this idea.

An RP based on the world of Neon Genesis Evangelion. If you want a link to the series lore, it's right here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=L4HhbmspTlg
To sum it up, a scientific experiment in Antarctica goes awry. Resulting in a cataclysmic explosion, a change in the rotational axis of earth, and a significant rise in sea levels. Even worse, beings called angels begin causing chaos world wide. To combat the angels, humanity creates the evas. Giant robots capable of defeating the angels. I am surprised that no one has tapped into this for RP material.
(Typing With Autocomplete.)

The United States Government,and the rabies virus is a Kyle that overdoses on caffeine,and the rabies virus is not only about the rabies virus from this align with hydroelectric or working trebuchet against your have been flooded with vegetation align with Russia and Japan and internet explorer is the beginning of man's decline for you to find yourself in.

Trump 2020
Make America Great Again

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:41 am

Demorvian wrote:Give me feedback on this idea.

An RP based on the world of Neon Genesis Evangelion. If you want a link to the series lore, it's right here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=L4HhbmspTlg
To sum it up, a scientific experiment in Antarctica goes awry. Resulting in a cataclysmic explosion, a change in the rotational axis of earth, and a significant rise in sea levels. Even worse, beings called angels begin causing chaos world wide. To combat the angels, humanity creates the evas. Giant robots capable of defeating the angels. I am surprised that no one has tapped into this for RP material.

Because no one good enough is willing to make it into a good RP
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Demorvian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Demorvian » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:26 am

Vanquaria wrote:
Demorvian wrote:Give me feedback on this idea.

I can understand that. But, I am up for making one if anyone is interested.
Last edited by Demorvian on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United States Government,and the rabies virus is a Kyle that overdoses on caffeine,and the rabies virus is not only about the rabies virus from this align with hydroelectric or working trebuchet against your have been flooded with vegetation align with Russia and Japan and internet explorer is the beginning of man's decline for you to find yourself in.

Trump 2020
Make America Great Again

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:51 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Would a spy/comedy RP work? Instead of being mainly humor based, I want to have a RP with a good setting and story, while still making sure there are plenty of hilarious moments, even if the story deals with serious events that took place during the Cold War, along with making it a satire of several spy movies and other works classified in the genre, such as Metal Gear and James Bond.

I would be interested, if I end having time that is.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Demorvian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Demorvian » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Demorvian wrote:
Vanquaria wrote:

I can understand that. But, I am up for making one if anyone is interested.

Welp, even if no one is interested, I already have the OOC and IC drafted and saved. And I'll post it tomorrow anyway.

Trump 2020
Make America Great Again

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 pm

What if we were to have an RP where a small amount of strange matter were to hit the Sun, and, as some scientific models suggest would happen, spreads throughout the star and dims it significantly? Humanity is forced underground into a semi-makeshift array of tunnels, bunkers, and subways in an effort to escape the cold.
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Skappola wrote:What if we were to have an RP where a small amount of strange matter were to hit the Sun, and, as some scientific models suggest would happen, spreads throughout the star and dims it significantly? Humanity is forced underground into a semi-makeshift array of tunnels, bunkers, and subways in an effort to escape the cold.

That would be really cool, but it feels like the Metro scenario, funny you included strange matter, I saw a video on YouTube today about it
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:39 am

Hola,

Is this the right place to ask about the history of the P2TM mentoring team?

After doing a diligent research into the history of P2TM mentors for the NSindex article, I wish to ask the following questions:

1. On what date did Cerillium join the P2TM team?
2. On what date when Nightkill the Emperor was officially retired from the P2TM team?
3. Are there any retired P2TM mentors that I have missed?
4. If I have missed any retired P2TM mentors, who are they and what dates they joined and left?

All dates should be in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), due to global reach of NationStates.

With best wishes,

Minoa.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:27 am

Minoa wrote:Hola,

After doing a diligent research into the history of P2TM mentors for the NSindex article, I wish to ask the following questions:

2. On what date when Nightkill the Emperor was officially retired from the P2TM team?
4. If I have missed any retired P2TM mentors, who are they and what dates they joined and left?

All dates should be in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), due to global reach of NationStates.

With best wishes,

Minoa.

I would ask them...

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:30 am

Endem wrote:
Skappola wrote:What if we were to have an RP where a small amount of strange matter were to hit the Sun, and, as some scientific models suggest would happen, spreads throughout the star and dims it significantly? Humanity is forced underground into a semi-makeshift array of tunnels, bunkers, and subways in an effort to escape the cold.

That would be really cool, but it feels like the Metro scenario, funny you included strange matter, I saw a video on YouTube today about it

I think you and I saw the same video. It was a really interesting concept, strange matter and strangelets. And what would happen if one collided into the Earth, or the sun. Bizarre concept that would make for a very different sci fi RP.

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:37 am

Talchyon wrote:
Minoa wrote:Hola,

With best wishes,

Minoa.

I would ask them...

Hi, I am asking them here, since I believe that this is the most relevant thread to make the enquiry.

-- Minoa
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:11 pm

After a two year hiatus, I will be rebooting my Superhero RP in June. I already have Superhero APP and Supervillian APP, a system of power levels, an active Superhero Team, an active Supervillian Team, secret bases for both teams, and two government Agencies hunting down both sides. I am planning on adding six additional government agencies to the mix, as well as a tier list for weapons, an APP for Agents, and an APP for Henchmen. However, I am having writer's block when it comes to which weapons will end up in which tier.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:29 pm

Flarbinia wrote:After a two year hiatus, I will be rebooting my Superhero RP in June. I already have Superhero APP and Supervillian APP, a system of power levels, an active Superhero Team, an active Supervillian Team, secret bases for both teams, and two government Agencies hunting down both sides. I am planning on adding six additional government agencies to the mix, as well as a tier list for weapons, an APP for Agents, and an APP for Henchmen. However, I am having writer's block when it comes to which weapons will end up in which tier.

Send me a TG and I'll see if I can get this tier system going for you.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:07 pm

Does anyome know any good RPs I can join where the rules on grammar aren't strict?
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:30 pm

Aeritai wrote:Does anyome know any good RPs I can join where the rules on grammar aren't strict?

Seeing how my spelling isn't so great, I believe so.
Tomorrow is made today.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:27 am

Aeritai wrote:Does anyome know any good RPs I can join where the rules on grammar aren't strict?

Hey! This RP has been less active lately (due to my busy schedule the last several weeks), but it still is alive and accepting apps. Comedy plus space plus janitors saving the galaxy. So far, lots of fun. And soon to get a kickstart back up.

Check out Mars Needs Windex!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:49 am

Talchyon wrote:

Hey! This RP has been less active lately (due to my busy schedule the last several weeks), but it still is alive and accepting apps. Comedy plus space plus janitors saving the galaxy. So far, lots of fun. And soon to get a kickstart back up.

Talchyon's RP is awesome :D You should check it out Aeritai. The only reason I withdrew is because of business matters. Store's getting more settled, closer to opening, so I've got more time but I'm not yet ready to tackle the challenging of getting back into his RP. You on the other hand don't have that trouble and he has a way to get a character right into things.
Tomorrow is made today.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:51 am

Harbertia wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Talchyon's RP is awesome :D You should check it out Aeritai. The only reason I withdrew is because of business matters. Store's getting more settled, closer to opening, so I've got more time but I'm not yet ready to tackle the challenging of getting back into his RP. You on the other hand don't have that trouble and he has a way to get a character right into things.

Any time you are ready, Harb, you are always welcome back! As you say, I have a way of getting a character right into things.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:52 am

Talchyon wrote:

Talch, I'm really sorry about not posting. I'll try to post on Monday or Tuesday.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:01 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Talch, I'm really sorry about not posting. I'll try to post on Monday or Tuesday.

You know? We were all at a busy time apparently. That happens IRL. But with me, I still love this even if there come times we need to take breaks. Sometimes you can't rush comedy.

What I'm trying to say is, there is no guilt being lashed out at you. Be at peace, man, and thanks for still being in it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse