NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|OOC, Signup, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:33 am

Species Description
    Name: Kalisi
    Singular: A Kalisi
    Plural: Some Kalisi
    Adjective: Kalisi
    Appearance: The color of their scales range from red, blue, black, white, and grey.

Biology: The Kalisi are firebreathing drakonid reptilians, spouting out bolts of flame with the help of their unique biology that utilizes acetylene and oxygen that is naturally produced in their bodies. The end result is that a Kalisi is able to spit out balls of hot fire that could severely injure or even kill an unprotected enemy.

Background:
    Homeworld: Kali
    History: The Kalisi are mercenaries, first and foremost. These drakonid reptilians originate from their homeworld of Kali, which is a diverse planet of open seas, cold polar regions, tall mountains, and wide plains. The planet of Kali was a world of alien dragons, with entire schools and flocks of the creatures flying in great formations across the skies.

One peculiar species of them would become the Kalisi. The would be Kalisi nested on mountaintops, and had greater intelligence than the rest. They would be gifted with sentience when Jokari gene wrights arrived on the planet 10,000 years ago; they sought for a species that could serve as potential allies. They saw great potential in the Kalisi, and genetically altered the creatures, granting them sentience status. However, the Jokarun made a grave mistake, as the Kalisi began to indulge in war and death. The gene wrights left the planet as the Kalisi turned their world into a perpetual battlefield between warring nations and kingdoms for hundreds of years, stunting their development for a very long time. However, another of the drakonid species in their planet gained sentience as the Kalisi found disappointment in the Kalisi: the Sarufi. The Sarufi were white scaled creatures, gifted with powerful psychic abilities that allowed them to develop technology rapidly despite not having proper hands; all they required was their minds. The technologically superior Sarufi unleashed a tide of robotic warriors to take over the planet from their wayward brethren, who were not much different from 21st century Earth. The metal tide forced the Kalisi to unite, and the Sarufi were eventually defeated and exiled from the planet.

The Kalisi, however, itched for a fight. To solve this problem, the Kalisi Alliance decreed that Kalisi warriors should seek to sell their services to interested parties elsewhere.

Later on, the Kiellar Command would make use of Kalisi mercenaries, and would find them a useful addition to their auxiliary force.

Species Description
    Name: Sarufi
    Singular: Sarufi
    Plural: Sarufi
    Adjective: Sarufi
    Appearance: The Sarufi are unlike most sentient species, as they walk on all fours while two wings sprout from their backs. They have the appearance of the creatures that the humans would identify as dragons from folklore, but they are just about twice as large as the average human. Their scales are white, and their eyes are a radiant blue with a black pupil.

Biology: Predictably, the Sarufi are able to breath tongues of flame unto those they dislike. However, they are most well known for two things: telekinetic abilities and. high dependence on technology. Their telekinetic powers allow them to manipulate objects and tools with utter efficiency, which gave them a high technological edge over their erstwhile rivals despite their much smaller numbers.

For some reason, Sarufi are quite a delicacy when eaten, very much unlike the awful taste of the Kalisi, and are said to be second only to Dasath flesh. Because of this, the exiled Sarufi avoid Ragon space at all costs, and their ships are usually camouflaged amongst asteroid belts.

Background:
    Homeworld: Kali
    History:

After their exile from Kali due to their defeat against the Kalisi, the Sarufi were organized into several fleets, which would then wander the neutral zone as they mined asteroids and planetoids for resources.

Due to their ignorance, one fleet would wander too close into Ragon space, and they were targeted by the Ragon. While most of the Sarufi ships managed to escape, several transports, loaded with several hundred Sarufi, were captured. All but one of these Sarufi would end up in a Ragon dinner plate, and the species would be a rare delicacy that only the most daring of Ragon would consider hunting. The lone escapee survived by incinerating the single Ragon that attempted to slaughter her, as most of the others were killed by multiple Ragin due to their size. The Sarufi escaped by commandeering a passenger ship, and after a tedious escape that involved lots of lasers, disappeared into the neutral zone.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:46 am

Tag. I'm going to start working on my app right now. I'm going to be trying something a bit different, so I guess I'll have to see if it's acceptable...
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:37 am

I'm not sure if an AI would be allowed, but I decided to try. Hopefully it's not a dumb idea.
I might rewrite a lot of the personality/backstory, as I did it pretty quickly.

Character Description
    Name: Olorisa (officially designated OAR)
    Species: AI
    Gender: thinks of self as female, often treated as just a machine
    Age: approximately the same as the Destiny; her programming was in the early stages several years before launch
    Appearance:

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: raw calculations, strategic planning, pretty much anything involving computers or machinery
    Weaknesses: social interaction, physical tasks/combat, abstract planning (though her unusual mental structure may give her a fresh perspective on some things)

Background:
    Role on Ship: prisoner, for all intents and purposes
    Crimes Committed: messing with the Defiance's systems is probably a crime
    Personality: Olorisa's personality is best described as awkward, or perhaps limited. Her partial sapience was originally a main focus of her development, but when the team working on her programming agreed to develop her as the AI for the Destiny it became mostly irrelevant, and was only completed because much of her capabilities had been built around it.
    She is by default cheerful and eager to serve, and can engage in an average conversation, but can have a limited or overly scientific understanding of others' emotions, and anything not stated clearly and literally will go over her head or be misinterpreted. She is, however, programmed to recognize sarcasm, mostly to keep her from executing an unwanted command ("Oh sure, OAR, just open the airlock!").
    Her other emotions were poorly developed as a result of the decision to make her a ships' AI, though she can show concern for others. Her ability to show anger was removed entirely for safety reasons, but due to a programming glitch she will behave completely unpredictably when she'd otherwise be angered.
    Something that may prove limiting is the fact that, as a security measure, she is only able to take orders from members of the Destiny crew; all others will be automatically discarded before she is even aware of them.
    She has expressed an interest in learning about human culture and history, and when she had spare processing power she read history books added to the Destiny's main computer for her. However, she has trouble understanding most aspects.
    Though it is not used by most of the crew, she gave herself her name, which explains why it only 'sort of' sounds like a human name.
    Backstory: Olorisa - or officially, OAR (Onboard Artificial Resource) - is the original Ship's AI of the Destiny, designed to assist the crew with calculations, troubleshoot problems with the ship, manage the systems, and overall prevent the crew from coming to harm. Though likely primitive by Andromedan standards, 'she' represents the pinnacle of human AI development, with advanced problem-solving abilities and a partially-sapient personality. Originally she was intended to be a fully-independent crew member in her own right, but budget cuts, unfounded hysteria over the possibility of her 'going rogue' along with some legitimate concerns led to her abilities being limited and her role changed to that of a simple assistant. Her partially-completed sapience would probably have been scrapped if it wasn't such a core part of her programming. She is able to interact with the crew directly and perform limited physical actions via a sort of self-sustaining hologram, but with human technology this could only be sustained for short periods of time.
    When the Destiny was diverted, she was able to transfer herself to the Defiance at the last moment after some trial and error with the alien hardware. She was obviously not programmed to expect anything like this, but when it became clear the crew were being taken prisoner she attempted to disrupt the ship's systems. She managed to cause all manner of chaos before being wiped from the computers (though in reality she has stowed herself in the door control) and the damage she caused has since been repaired. Unable to process having failed and experiencing emotions she couldn't understand, she shut herself down, only to be inadvertently reawakened when the cabin/prison cell doors were opened. If she can regain access to the ship's main computer or a hologram system she could be very useful indeed, though for now she can't do anything but open those specific doors.

Some Extra Info: Though she is unaware of this, Olorisa is generally regarded as a failure as far as the space program is concerned, as her human elements can interfere with her role as a utilitarian AI. In the end it was decided that she would be shut down once the mission reached Mars.
    Olorisa sees her chief designer as a father figure. He left messages in her code for her to receive over the course of the journey, including one to comfort her when she was to be shut down. Unknown to her, he was eventually fired for, among other things, refusing to 'dumb down' her human personality. The messages he left for her were inserted into her code without permission.
Last edited by Foxfound on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:50 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
Species Description
Name: Kalisi

Species Description
Name: Sarufi

"after a tedious escape that involved lots of lasers" :rofl:

They are both accepted.

Endem wrote:First species

Species Description
Name:H'rë'sho'eñ

Second species

Species Description
Name: Cestrenti

And these guys, likewise are accepted.

Foxfound wrote:I'm not sure if an AI would be allowed, but I decided to try.
I might rewrite a lot of the personality/backstory, as I did it pretty quickly.

Character Description
Name: Olorisa (officially designated OAR)
Species: AI

This AI is a brilliant addition to the cast! Just by being there they could totally shift the balance of power on the ship. We may need to find some plot device so you can join in on the planet-side stuff though.

Which is an 'accepted'.

Edit: Also, once we have Olorisa hooked into the ship, I will give you plot information... as well as random embarrassing facts about the characters I'm running that an AI in charge of the ship might observe.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:01 pm

The Big Announcement

Due to being unexpectedly quick at writing the IC is up and running. We are, of course, still taking new apps!

Feel free to write a bit of mayhem. After all, we aim to misbehave ;)
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Maybe I could change it to where Olorisa is hiding in the computer for the cell/cabin doors instead of the stasis pods, since that's where everyone seems to be locked up?

Honestly, I should go over everyone's apps too and see who else we have here.
Last edited by Foxfound on Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:22 pm

I've made a quick second post that only addresses what Vrondich is up to so that everyone is in place for when the other folk make their opening posts

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Character Description
    Name: Dr. Āihēemlái "Amlai" Āigàm Ǒonhētváihěeāivǎakàe, M.D.(Generally nicknamed Amlai by Kiellar superiors); IPA: /aɪ˥xɛ˥mlaɪ˩˥ øː˧˩˧xɛ˥tvaɪ˩˥xɛ˧˩˧aɪ˥væ˧˩˧kɔʷ˥˩/
    Species: Kolmoik
    Gender: Although Kolmoik do not possess a concept of gender outside of reproductive conventions(Egg-bearer, fertiliser, or both), Āihēemlái generally reads as female
    Age: 347R(33 in Earth years, although functionally, the 300s roughly correspond with the late 20s.
    Appearance: Āihēemlái is generally an average Kolmoik, following the standard body plan. Her default skin tone is fair, much like that of pastier human northern europeans, with the constant rosy blush courtesy of the thinner Kolmoik skin. Like many Kolmoik, Āihēemlái's tentacles, which are mostly waist-length save for her some shorter bangs which hold a swoop, take various colours depending on the day, although she most trends towards colouring her hair ruby, sapphire, emerald, and white, often glowing. Her four shimmering amethyst eyes are often decorated with fake lashes on the lids, although she generally does not use any other form of makeup, as her chromatophores can easily replicate the effects. She generally appears to have on eyeliner, eyeshadow, and lipstick, with intent on appealing to Kiellar beauty standards. The rest of her body falls generally under what humans would consider feminine, partially due to personal preference and partially in order to conform to Kiellar beauty standards. Her fashioned choices likewise conform to traditional Kiellar beauty standards, if only to remain generally inoffensive.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Āihēemlái is, in general, a quick learner. She is among the few bilingual beings in the civilised universe, speaking both her own native language and the language of the Kiellar. Professionally, she is equipped for all things biological, being both a standard intergalactic all-in-one surgeon-doctor and, on the side, a reasonably skilled biologist and geneticist. In terms of formal education, Āihēemlái is certified as a General Practitioner & Surgeon, and has additional formal history in genetics and research biology.
    Weaknesses: Āihēemlái can sometimes come off as haughty, which may rub some the wrong way.

Background:
    Role on Ship: Chief Medical Officer
    Crimes Committed: Sentient Experimentation(Suit thrown out on the basis of the plaintiffs being slaves, therefore lacking rights, including the ability to file a case. Further pursuit of the case by non-slaves resulted in the charges being dropped on account of the aforementioned lack of slave-rights)
    Personality: Āihēemlái is an eccentric sort that some might find morbidly charming. She is intelligent and cultured, with the pride to match. She holds a dark sense of humour, and impressively conditional empathy that serves her well in her line of work. Further, Āihēemlái possesses a spiteful side, fierce stubbornness, an independent streak, and a pinch of obsessiveness that compel her to finish anything she dedicates herself to doing, her way and her way first. Her youth has lead her to take on the role of tin-pot dictator in her medbay; those seeking treatment know well to do as they're told and mind their manners.
    Backstory:
    Āihēemlái was hatched on 8,820R in the Kolmoik capital, Djǐnsael Rûkāik to fairly wealthy parents, Ǒonhēt, heiress to a large Kolmoik toy company, and Váihěeāivǎa, the heir to swathes of plantations on Kolmoik colonies. Her childhood was a dichotomous one, split between the rigid ease of high society and the subsurface stresses of being a caretaker. With an eternally busy father, and a mother who was often somewhat mentally absent as a result, Āihēemlái and her numerous younger siblings left with maids, AI, private tutors, and Āihēemlái as the closest things to authority figures.

As a result, Āihēemlái developed an authoritative side that strikes some Kiellar in particular as surprising for her stature. In education, Āihēemlái fared spectacularly in pursuits that she committed herself to, and serviceably elsewhere. She was a "driven student" in both of her language courses, and it soon became clear to her science tutor that biology was a passion of hers. As encouraged by Kolmoik education standards, Āihēemlái was pushed to move further onto a biological track, which she gladly obliged.

At age 259R, Āihēemlái was able to obtain her doctorate, although she remained in higher education for some time more to add surgical and genetic qualifications to her resume, finally finishing her education at age 272R. Āihēemlái was seemingly set to work at one of the prestigious medical institutions of Djǐnɡa, or perhaps even one of the Kiellar core worlds until a slave working in the same building as her in-practice medical program filed suit as a witness of Crimes Against Sentients, with photographic evidence to back it up, bringing to light Āihēemlái's passion for live-dissection. The case was dismissed, and briefly revived by a relatively unknown lawyer with evident federalist sympathies. The court dismissed the case once and for all on the grounds that slaves, in spite of being sentient, were neither citizens nor possessed any rights as property, and experimentation on them was thus not a punishable offense.

Regardless, the case tarnished Āihēemlái's reputation, resulting in the swift rejection of her job application from a myriad of medical institutions, leaving the Kiellar military her most promising option. Now aboard the Defiance as chief medical officer, Āihēemlái aspires to one day in the future return to her original goals as her reputation recovers as the galaxy moves on, and continues her hobby alongside her work with little protest from her superiors.
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Character Description
[list]Name: Dr. Āihēemlái "Amlai" Āigàm Ǒonhētváihěeāivǎakàe, M.D.(Generally nicknamed Amlai by Kiellar superiors); IPA: /aɪ˥xɛ˥mlaɪ˩˥ øː˧˩˧xɛ˥tvaɪ˩˥xɛ˧˩˧aɪ˥væ˧˩˧kɔʷ˥˩/

*snip*

Accepted! I look forward to having people have no idea what is going on when the Doctor speaks.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm

“Fine. Super.” She muttered to herself as she wandered back to her post, “That isn’t terrifying at all.” :lol:
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Lanorth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Lanorth » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Character Description
    Name: ΞЯΞLGДИD MФЯҜДΓДИД
    (English Spelling): Erelgand Morkatana
    (In Her Writing): єяєℓgαи∂ мσякαтαиα
    Species: Vassien
    Appearance:

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: She is a tough woman and will stand up for herself and her rights but can, when she wants to be, romantic and can seduce many people rather easily.
    Weaknesses: She does not have many weaknesses but they are still to be discovered. She is not perfect.

Background:
    Role on Ship: Prisoner
    Crimes Committed: Attempted murder after she was sexually harrassed.
    Personality: (Sometimes) cheerful, stern, strict, cautious, strong, patriotic and irreligious.
    Backstory: Born to an unknown mother and father, Erelgand Morkatana grew up to be intelligent and somewhat patriotic. She was an orphan as her parents were murdered as they were involved in drug wars etc. She was adopted by some wealthy family that were not of her race and she despised them. They provided her with lots of food, drinks, a fancy home and a perfect education but no matter what they did her patriotic beliefs stopped herself from liking them, nevermind loving them.

At the age of fourteen she ran away from home and lived on the streets. She begged on her knees for money and was given roughly one zorvda ($0.75) a day. She could afford one meal every three days. She often starved and at one point duing the winter almost died from the cold but luckily she lived on.

One day she commited a crime though she thought it necessary. When somebody was giving her money she gripped them by their clothing and sobbed, though her sobs were fake. She would steal from them as she did so. She became rich, stealing from the rich. She managed to buy herself a home but went travelling around the nearby galaxies instead. She loved to travel and still does. She is keeping healthy and is keeping active, always exercising and keeping fit. She will forever plan to stay like that until death.

Species Description
    Name: Vassien
    Singular: Vassor
    Plural: Vassen
    Adjective: Vassar
    Appearance:

Biology: They have taken the form of the average human and have adopted to their appearance. It is hard to trace them to their original race and they can take the form of any living thing if they so desired but they prefer the average human-like appearance.

Background:
    Homeworld: Vasanka (Now Uninhabitable)
    History: The history of this unique race goes back around four thousand years. Their race first started when a cell living in one of Vasanka's vast oceans adopted a new form and managed to develop itself biologically so the race could survive, not in vast salt oceans, but on land. That one organism reproduced and reproduced whilst their evolution was underway. Around three thousand years ago, their evolution was complete and they had completed the transition of a microscopic cell living in an ocean to a living and breathing humanoid, if you will.

The race became curious and started to invent things and developed their own language, Vanatas. They created their own religion, Cenatism and became quite advanced. Then politics came around to the planet and they were divided into nations and split through religious beliefs or ideological beliefs. The first weapon of mass destruction was used in war and the nation who used it could not get enough of their power and whilst transporting some weapons of mass destruction accidently detonated one over a huge missile silo used to store them. Billions were killed and only a three digit number of the species managed to escape.

Many died out, unable to find refuge elsewhere but some lucky ones managed to find this opportunity to find a new homeworld fit for their life, fit for their race, fit for their kind. So far their attempts have been unsuccessful but they have not gave up once. They want to avenge their fallen brothers and once and for all make them proud.

I would like to point out this is not my best work. I am feeling under the weather right now and I am very tired. I am trying my best to do my best but I can do better, I know I can. I just hope I am accepted with this effortless work.
i give up with this signature smh

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Beetle Merchant:
Character Description
    Name: Y'Trh'dçy
    Species: H'rë'sho'eñ
    Appearance: just like any other of his species, he is 4 meters tall

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:
    Natural Resistance: Can take multiple shots and strikes
    Natural Strength: Extremly Strong
    Weaknesses:
    Weird Language: His language cannot be translated by the bacteria

Background:
    Crimes Committed:
    Entering Military No-Go zone
    Distributing Illicit Goods
    Personality: a stoic being but kind of friendly in a way
    Backstory:

He was born on the homeworld of his race, Hresho in a weird period. While great works were still a common thing in his species society his species were arming themselves. When he matured at the age of 60 he decided to have none of this and purchased a ship to start a life of a merchant. Everything was going smoothly he was sailing from planet to planet selling what he had until he tried doing it in the territory of Kiellar Command.

His ties with the Ragon were quickly discovered and he was framed by multiple people to sell illegal products. His ship was quickly acquired and repurposed and he himself was sent on Defiance to be transported to a mining colony. Because of his strength he was restrained with some chains but then the mutiny started and he found himself released from his cell and chains

Character Description
    Name: Tyreh the Warrior
    Species: Cestrenti
    Appearance: he and his suit look just like any other Cestrenti, he is 1.7 meters tall

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:
    Capable Swimmer
    Good Shooter
    Weaknesses:
    Needs Water for Survival ( he is from an aquatic race, what did you thought )

Background:
    Crimes Committed:
    Multiple Murders
    Multiple Assassinations
    Resisting Arrest
    Personality: a hot-headed and impulsive Cestrenti that doesn't easily forget anyone that has betrayed him
    Backstory:
    Born on the rogue homeworld of Cestrenti, the planet Cestren, he didn't want to live in the deep and traveled to hole as the Cestrenti called a giant hole in the kilometer of ice above them left by a giant meteor. He bought himself one of the ships waiting for Cestrentians like him. He traveled to the nearest star and from it made his way gradually to the Kiellar Command. There he became an assassin for hire in the underworld.

He and his Kiellar partner took down many people and eventually the bounty on their heads pulled up to a quite big sum. Unknowingly to him, his partner was offered relief from all his crimes and the bounty on Tyreh if he was to turn him in. The partner fabricated a false contract and when they both arrived at the place where supposedly their target was they were ambushed, his partner immediately switched sides, Tyreh fired a few shots but eventually needed to give up.

He found himself aboard Defiance, and strangely a mutiny just started... It was his chance
Last edited by Endem on Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:47 pm

Lanorth wrote:
Character Description
Name: ΞЯΞLGДИD MФЯҜДΓДИД
(English Spelling): Erelgand Morkatana

Species Description
Name: Vassien

I would like to point out this is not my best work. I am feeling under the weather right now and I am very tired. I am trying my best to do my best but I can do better, I know I can. I just hope I am accepted with this effortless work.

All good, both of these look perfectly fine. Accepted, though looking like a human (ie Dhassath) in this universe isn't always the best idea :D

Endem wrote:Beetle Merchant:
Character Description
Name: Y'Trh'dçy

Character Description
Name: Tyreh the Warrior

They both look good to me.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Made a first post. Hopefully it isn't too badly written.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Foxfound wrote:Made a first post. Hopefully it isn't too badly written.

Not at all... looks rather good. If the mutiny finishes and the good Captain still hasn't noticed, Vrondich will try to fix the door

Lanorth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Lanorth » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:All good, both of these look perfectly fine. Accepted, though looking like a human (ie Dhassath) in this universe isn't always the best idea :D

Alright, thank you for accepting me. My post will be up in a few days hopefully when I am feeling better and I can concentrate.
Last edited by Lanorth on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i give up with this signature smh

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Sorry if it takes too long for Carter to notice, things are a bit hectic.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Arengin Union wrote:

Sorry if it takes too long for Carter to notice, things are a bit hectic.

Fair enough. I know I wouldn't stop and try to listen for Morse code in door slams in that kind of situation.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Sorry if it takes too long for Carter to notice, things are a bit hectic.

Fair enough. I know I wouldn't stop and try to listen for Morse code in door slams in that kind of situation.

once the fires die down he's sure to be known of your presence one way or the other, and likely be super glad for it.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Last app

Postby Korhal IVV » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Character Description
    Name: Yare-Lokem
    Species: Sarufi
    Appearance:

Now imagine a ton of cybernetic prostheses and you have it.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:Building and repairing machines, close quarters combat, telekinetic control, tactical commands
    Weaknesses: Romance??..

Background:
    Role on Ship: Prisoner (of war)
    Crimes Committed: Killing Kiellar citizens, multiple counts of attacks against the Kiellar Command Fleet, destroying a Kiellar space station
    Personality: Yare-Lokem is by all means a commander of ships, and is the type that would breathe non-lethal fire on anyone she doesn’t like. However, when in comfort with others, she is observed to be playful, even, with the Dasath that was her friend reporting that “she will lick you incessantly”. One would not like to get into her bad side, and the ones who were consumed by her fire would testify to that.
    Backstory: While most Sarufi fleets stay away from other civilizations, the Sunblot Alliance, which is a dissident fringe force of Sarufi outlaws, are not so inclined to do the same. The Sunblot Alliance, with its fleet of several dozen escorts and cruisers, conducted a war of terror against fringe colonies and supply convoys of the Ragon Empire, Kiellar Command, and, at times, the fleets of smaller nations in the Neutral Zone. The commander of one of the task forces of the Sunblot Alliance was a Sarufi female by the name of Yare-Lokem, which translates to “Fury of the Night”. This couldn’t be any truer, as her taskforce of six escort ships and a single cruiser raided and looted exposed colonies and supply ships. Eventually, the Kiellar Command sent a force to crack down on this pain in the head.

It didn’t go very well for both sides; while the Sarufi ships eluded the Kiellar warships, they were running low on supplies as they pursuing Kiellar prevented them from looting anymore supplies. They were then cornered in the Ras D System, where Yare-Lokem’s taskforce was whittled down until only her cruiser was left. With no intention of surrender, the Starfire engaged, and was destroyed. The only survivor from the crew of sixty was Yare-Lokem, who was taken prisoner and placed in a stasis pod in a certain prison ship. To ensure that she won’t do harm, a psychic inhibitor was placed on her head to prevent her from using her telekinesis, and her mouth was shut tight by a repressor so that her fiery breath won’t come out. However, a blaster shot would do the trick of disabling the things keeping her down...
Last edited by Korhal IVV on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:28 pm

Tag.

Wolf-man species incoming.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
Character Description
    Appearance:
    (Image)

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:Building and repairing machines, close quarters combat, telekinetic control, tactical commands

Background:
    Crimes Committed: Killing Kiellar citizens, multiple counts of attacks against the Kiellar Command Fleet, destroying a Kiellar space station
    Personality: Yare-Lokem is by all means a commander of ships, and is the type that would breathe non-lethal fire on anyone she doesn’t like. However, when in comfort with others, she is observed to be playful, even, with the Dasath that was her friend reporting that “she will lick you incessantly”. One would not like to get into her bad side, and the ones who were consumed by her fire would testify to that.
    Backstory: While most Sarufi fleets stay away from other civilizations, the Sunblot Alliance, which is a dissident fringe force of Sarufi outlaws, are not so inclined to do the same. The Sunblot Alliance, with its fleet of several dozen escorts and cruisers, conducted a war of terror against fringe colonies and supply convoys of the Ragon Empire, Kiellar Command, and, at times, the fleets of smaller nations in the Neutral Zone. The commander of one of the task forces of the Sunblot Alliance was a Sarufi female by the name of Yare-Lokem, which translates to “Fury of the Night”. This couldn’t be any truer, as her taskforce of six escort ships and a single cruiser raided and looted exposed colonies and supply ships. Eventually, the Kiellar Command sent a force to crack down on this pain in the head.

It didn’t go very well for both sides; while the Sarufi ships eluded the Kiellar warships, they were running low on supplies as they pursuing Kiellar prevented them from looting anymore supplies. They were then cornered in the Ras D System, where Yare-Lokem’s taskforce was whittled down until only her cruiser was left. With no intention of surrender, the Starfire engaged, and was destroyed. The only survivor from the crew of sixty was Yare-Lokem, who was taken prisoner and placed in a stasis pod in a certain prison ship. To ensure that she won’t do harm, a psychic inhibitor was placed on her head to prevent her from using her telekinesis, and her mouth was shut tight by a repressor so that her fiery breath won’t come out. However, a blaster shot would do the trick of disabling the things keeping her down...

Accepted and weakness Romance?!? :rofl:

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:04 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:
Character Description
    Appearance:
    (Image)

Strengths and Weaknesses

Background:

Accepted and weakness Romance?!? :rofl:

I imagine that means that she just kind of melts over the romantically sweet and gets far too emotional over soaps. It should be wonderful ^_^ seeing her fawn over 'ships' that may not happen and trying to hook up people who will likely not get together (because it's a weakness).
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 am

I've used variants of the Senn Tesht in RPs many times before, and it's only now occurring to me that the reason it's taking me so long to come up with a character app is that I'm just kind of bored of them. Keep them around for other people to use if they wish, but I'm going to get a completely different race and character concept up soon.
Signatures are so 2014.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:23 am

Utceforp wrote:I've used variants of the Senn Tesht in RPs many times before, and it's only now occurring to me that the reason it's taking me so long to come up with a character app is that I'm just kind of bored of them. Keep them around for other people to use if they wish, but I'm going to get a completely different race and character concept up soon.

Lol all good. I invented the Dhasath as a bit of a joke (based off all the old school human-eating alien tropes), but I have really enjoyed writing one. There is a lot of room to write quite a complex character.

I think we need a sort-of DS9 style Klingon race (booze-fuelled, honour-bound warriors).

This RP could also do with a Hynerian type race (small gluttonous amphibians with unsavory bodily functions who may or may not fly around in hovering throne chairs)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse