NATION

PASSWORD

A New Friend for the Huterric Union {PRIVATE}

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

A New Friend for the Huterric Union {PRIVATE}

Postby The Huterric Union » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:08 am

Seven diplomats, including the President of New Wolvers Mark Romagnoli, board United Huterric Airlines flight 274 (UH274). This is an aircraft being operated by HT-UJOE, an Airbus A380 operating under the name "Huterrica Joe", the airline's flagship aircraft. All the diplomats are on the upper deck. When they arrive on board, a flight attendant wearing UHA's iconic yellow uniform says "Welcome aboard. Would you be able to stand to the side while we get your designated member of cabin crew to check your passes and get you seated."

The wait is about 2 seconds before an Asian man wearing magenta uniform walks up to the 7 diplomats. "Hi," he begins to say, "my name is Clarence. You'll notice I am not wearing the typical yellow uniform. That's because I'm special cabin crew, and we wear magenta. I serve diplomats on flights to the Huterric Union and outbound too. I'll be serving you all today and I am responsible for making sure your flight is pleasant. The flight should be around 5 hours 45 minutes, and our arrival time in Lansadas should be roughly 11:15am. You should therefore be meeting your hosts at around midday for an afternoon tour of the city while you adjust to LHT."

Clarence leads his customers to their seats, which are 1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B, 2C, and 3A. He continues. "So you'll notice that the IFE will ask you to sign into your UHA2B account or continue as a guest. I'll scan my card so the system knows you're special guests." Clarence then goes about logging everybody into UHA2B via his card, which tells the IFE system that the guests flying in that seat are VIPs and get special treatment. The seats, being first class, consisted of the seat itself, a bed, universal plug sockets, spaces to store stuff in, an amenity kit, a TV screen with the UHA2B communication system, buttons to change the mood lighting in the suite. Provided given the customer's VIP status was an English to Huterric conversion book. Clarence then said "Please keep the door to your suite open until after the safety demonstration. To order food and products you tap 'Shopping'. Your means of entertainment are in the menus with their names, i.e. Movies or TV. On the skymap you can also watch the flight from the cockpit window. And about allergies - It is illegal for Huterric Union registered airlines to serve nuts on board flights, so nut allergies need not be declared, but if there's anything else we need to do then let us know. Enjoy your flight, and I'll provide any food and items you'll need."

The safety demonstration, a comedy/musical act detailing the features of the flight, played, and soon the flight took off. First Class was easily the most luxurious aircraft cabin one had ever seen, and even economy class looked quite relaxing and hospitable. One could learn a lot about the hospitable nature of Huterric people based on United Huterric's product alone. From the translation books, one could learn quickly that Huterric is, for the most part, quite similar to German. From the TV shows on UHA2B, one could learn that Huterric people very much use dark humour as a coping mechanism, as well as the fact they like to make others laugh and smile too. It was also very clear that Huterrica is a diverse and tolerant society. And from the mere existence of UHA2B it could be understood that Huterrica is a very tech savvy nation.

The 5hr 45 minute flight, which felt more like 2 hours, soon came to an end. Clarence walked up to his diplomat customers and said "Wait here for everybody else to leave as we've had a change of plan. The president and head of senate will meet you here."
Everybody got off, then the president and head of senate got on board to welcome their guests. The president speaks up first. "Hello, my wonderful guests," he begins, "and welcome to Huterrica. You'll no doubt lose yourself here." He then points to the incorrect person and says "You must be Mark. Nice to finally meet you. I'm Milán Longton, and this is my friend Dominic Whitecastle."
He then turns to Clarence and says "Clarence, good work. You may be dismissed."
Last edited by The Huterric Union on Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dea Union Huterrikas - Der Huderischen Union - The Huterric Union
Welcome to the Huterric Union, where one can fight their own battles, form their own futures, and live in the knowledge that adventure and glory await all those who seek it.
From the soil to the stars, glory to you and your people.

About the Fatherland|Incumbent President: Loreta M. Martin

We do not use NS Stats (some, however, are close to canon).

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:48 am

"Erm... sir, I am Mark" stuttered a short man, wearing a dark blue suited man with a red tie in the middle: "I am glad to know you, Mr. Longton, and the same goes to Mr. Whitecastle. I have done researches about your nation and I got to say, being here is an honor."
Then, the President took something from a pocket, a medallion reading in Yugean Italian "All'honor del diplomatico", handing it to Longtorn.
"This is a little gift I want to give as a start, and as a compliment for the airlines of your nation. The entertaining act of the flight was amusing and the entire staff enjoyed it. Hell, I myself enjoyed the dark humour of the nation."

The man looked at the diplomats he brought with him, and muttered something in italian to the one on his right, with the guy laughing.

"Anyhow, i think we agreed that we would have had a tour of the nation. I only read informations but as a traveller myself, I want to see with my own eyes the different culture and diversities of this nation. Reports of Neo Wolverian living here find it a great place, and I want to be sure it is, which surely it is" said Mark: "But- Oh, my bad. Well, sir, allow me to present Donaldo Rainer, one of my closest diplomats in charge to give me reports of the Huterric Union embassy in New Wolvers. He has been in this nation three times before, and all his reports were good and described perfect."

The man in the right who laughed at whatever Mark said in Italian was Donaldo, a 54 years old man who was dressing with a brown suit, a black shirt and a white tie, and had a dark humour like no others.
"Is a pleasure to know you in person, Mr. Longton" the brown guy muttered, much like a number one fan meeting his favorite celebrity: "I enjoyed the society of the Huterric Union in my visits to the embassies, and it was a great thing to see how advanced the society seems to be".
II Wiki page of the Nation
Embassy Program (closed)
NS Stats are Russian propaganda
NWFNews 24 (not active) | I make designs only when in mood
Currently set in: Present days with FT stuff.
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:12 am

Milán turns to Mark. "Sorry," he exclaims with a bit of regret,"names and faces aren't my thing." He then turns to Donaldo, who he originally called Mark. "Sorry, Donaldo. It is so nice to meet you."

He gives everyone a handshake, while Dominic snatches everybody's passports and stamps them, almost quite aggressively, to then hand them back. Dominic says "It is so nice to see you all. Excuse my strong accent, it's very Lunkatian. Now, Milán shall lead us the way to the car."

Everybody is taken down to the tarmac and is transported via a golf cart looking vehicle to the president's car near the perimeter fence. Milán starts conversation "So this here is officially called Terminal 0, but is referred to almost exclusively as the UHA terminal as UHA are the only airline to fly out of it. In the distance you can see Terminals 2 and 4. There are 10 terminals. 9 for passengers and 1 for cargo. the UHA terminal has its own set of runways as to not dominate the traffic elsewhere, as does the cargo terminal, and Terminals 1&3, 2&4, 5&7, and 6&8 share runways between them." As that was said, a Huterric Continental Airlines Boeing 747 took off from the Terminal 2&4 takeoff runway. They soon arrived at the President's car, and Milán hurriedly walks towards the door of the driver's seat. He then exclaims "President Mark ought to sit in the front with me. Dom, take the middle seat."

Everybody gets into the car and they leave the airside part of the airport via a weird route. Soon a sign reading "Wilkas in dea Union Huterrikas!", Huterrik for "Welcome to the Huterric Union" passed them as they exited the airside and entered civilian roads. Milán then says "You're officially in Huterrica now. This one way route kinda acts like one big H112 junction, where it gives access to car parking and the terminals. Oh, and like the runway sharing system the metro stations in this airport are shared with the same system." A sign leads the car to the H112, and soon they're on the highway towards the H12. Milán speeds his car up to 180km/h and takes the outside lane. "So, we're showing you around Lansadas. First we will cross the river Lansa on H412, get off at H7, ride H12 all the way back to H412, then parking the car near where our government meets and walking you around the city. Any questions about our nation? Or about our plan?"
Welcome to the Huterric Union, where one can fight their own battles, form their own futures, and live in the knowledge that adventure and glory await all those who seek it.

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:27 am

"Yes actually, I have some questions on the trade deal we have scheduled for tomorrow" said Mark in a good but serious tone: "As you know, the federal republic states of New Wolvers has its strength in food and technology exports, included important pieces of technology such as Urinamo Nanochips used mostly by AI citizens like Lukas Omnes, and we had before some orders by your nation marked as essential. Now, the Nanochips can be used for many things, but we are mostly curious for what are you using such. It is just a formal curiosity of our, as it gave us more fundings for public transports and road enhancements in New Wolvers. Of course, we will discuss about what to trade and how to make a free exchange deal, much like the good ol' EURONAT politics back home."

Then, Lukas Omnes, sitting near Donaldo and other diplomats, proceeded to talk: "Infact, we hope to become an even stronger nation with allies like your nation, Sir. We calculated that we both could get maximum profits and benefits with some treaties signed and a free movement deal of some kind between citizens, of course srtting up rules that could agree with both the nations."

Mark then resumed: "As you surely know, Milan, our nation is allied in both the Universal Pact and the EURONAT, being a member of both, and we think that it would even help your nation getting a bigger deal with the EURONAT itself. But now, less work for now because my head hurts, jet lag is a curse" the man said, and continued: "What can you tell me more about the nation's costumes? What is the history behind it? And what does the native population think of our nation?"
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:16 am

"Oh, we want those nanochips so we can position human workers elsewhere within the government itself and the Huterric Intelligence Agency, aka HIA. Roles like receptionists, call centres for such services, and guides for our government services and our government service buildings are roles we hopefully want run by AI as we'd like our human workers to work on the more important roles." Dominic says in response to the question about nanochips. "Lacrimosa Technologies is still getting their nanochips for such a purpose approved by the HIA's Department for Technological Safety, so we requested Nea Wultveran nanochips instead, as you guys can easily get them our way via other EURONAT members who have signed the Lakelandshire Pact, aka LP. Hopefully by the end of these talks Nea Wultverland will be part of the LP."

To clear up confusion, Milán says "Nea Wultverland is Huterric for New WOlvers. Nea Wultveran is Huterric for Neo Wolverian". He then says "We'll discuss history when it is relevant to, as there's a lot to go through when it comes to that and we'd rather not bore you. If you wait just a sec I'll discuss our native opinion."

Milán then swerves his car onto the H12 highway and slows down to 160km/h as a sign reading "Wilkas in Lansaddae -- Wilkommen ins Lansadas -- Welcome to Lansadas" shows overhead. Milán continues "Our people don't have a major opinion on New Wolvers as we've never had huge confrontations or contact before. And as for our customs, the major thing to mention is that we've always been a laid back, tolerant society because tyranny and oppression caused the Huterric civil war that formed the nation we know today. We've also have a culture of efficiency and forward thinking due to our need for prosperity and glory. What's your culture like? How do your people view our nation? We'd love to know."

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:49 am

The man in the dark blue suit sipped a drink that the limo had, and then, proceeded to talk: "Well, the Federal Republic sees you as a potential ally of course, and the history of the nation is very complex" he said, while still sipping: "For example, since the formation of the republic somewhere in 1742, New Wolvers have been annexing the Republic of New Veronika after a major crisis and a famine ongoing to the republic asd well as a civil war where now stays the principate of Antero, formed by former territories of New Wolvers and Daunland except for an exclave we still have, annexed the Duchy of Pyre because of the former Duke of Pyre died without having anyone else in charge and a civil war was going to hit to either split or unite, and then in around 1902 we annexed the British Colony of killingfer as per request, trading some territories we had with that colony. Overall, the nation has been always peaceful, and neutral on major wars, even if we were always prepared on that"

Mark proceeded to still drink what they gave him, a new type of local wine that was given as a welcome drink. It was as red as blood, but with the sweetest taste a wine could have, somehow reminding of the Blood of Judas wine produced in his parents' own country.

"then, some advancements were made" proceeded to talk a third person, this time a woman, dressed in a white dress but without shoes being worn. Elena Lunardi was known in Neo wolverian politics for her eloquence and her strength - both literally and figuratively - on the werewolf community: "For example, in 1935, the Neo Wolverian government held by Sir Leonard Arson recognized the right for us lycanthropes to estabilish our own territories as long as they conformed with the nation and didn't went to clash with the laws. So for example the Lunardi clan - my clan - could get their own piece of territory nearby Berta City without issues, and the laws of the territory applies only to clan members and werewolves for example".

"And then the recognizing of AI citizens like me" continued Lukas Omnes: "Without president McCree and his decree that every AI passing turing tests be recognized as citizens, I would not be here with Mr. Romagnoli talking about trades and other business."

"And also, the culture of New Wolvers is very different." Mark reprises after drinking: "You see, being a nation with multiple cultures, all coming from the old continent, it is much like being in a scaled version of the EURONAT. A melting pot of people who live their lives as they wish, working hard and being proud to be Neo Wolverian in a positive, non-nationalistic way."
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:44 am

“That sure is interesting. I see you’re taking a liking to Haithem brand wine. You’re literally drinking the most crap wine this nation has to offer. Very typical for a guest really. Haithem brand is incredibly sweet. Too sweet but we buy it for our guests as a lot of them seem to like the wines that Haithem Stores produces. Huterric wine is typically sweet, but when you compare it to what you’re drinking it’s as if they’ve dissolved sugar in your drink. We’re more of a white wine nation than red as well, we just give red wine when we are welcoming someone for the first time. Traditional” Dominic says. Milán pipes up and says “Take the fact he just said that much as a big compliment. He’s a very silent man and only comments on stuff he’s knowledgeable on.

“Huterrica is a multicultural society too, but on the whole we are quite....I can’t describe it. We’re nationalist but also not. We like immigrants, but we want them to align with our core values as a nation. You can be as nice as you want to our faces, but if you don’t speak out and vouch for our ideas of Liberty, diversity, and a world united with glory and prosperity and stability for all, then you can’t properly integrate into our society. That’s why many religions such as Islam and Catholicism are practically nonexistent here. What is preached in their scriptures and practices do not align with the way we live our lives. Our core belief that our allies and friends and immigrants should align with our values is why the Lakelandshire Pact even exists. It’s a treaty we only invite certain nations to sign, as a means to say that their principles are shared with that of ours. With diversity comes strength. That’s our motto as a nation. And that’s the ideology our citizens live by. We’re multiple cultures united by the core values of liberty, diversity, equality and unity. These are ideas we as the Liberal party seek to expand and progress on.” Milán says, in response to the comment on culture.

“Also you should be made aware of our agreement with EURONAT. Free tease agreement, but we don’t have to follow their laws. We’re not EURONAT members nor do we want to be. But EURONAT aligns itself with us closely and we respect them and they’ll approve of any agreement you make with us, as written to us by their leader” Dominic says as he passes Mark a letter EURONAT sent to Milán in regards to the talks.

The car enters downtown Lansadas after 15 minutes going 160km/h on the road, and the President turns his car onto the H412. “This is the 2nd busiest highway in Huterrica, and takes us past some iconic sites. You can see the skyscrapers that line the road in one of our many financial areas of the city, and soon we will cross the Lansa and be near the world’s largest shopping centre, the Junction Arcadia”

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:32 am

"Oh great to know. Do you think I could buy something from the shopping centre or stop there for some time to get something? Or we need to go attend some party to celebrate the arrival?"
Mark was still looking outside when Randon Maccer, another of his diplomat, asked him if they could stop. Mark hesitated for a bit, being tired as a working dog and dreaming to hug the bed - or at least - be relaxed.
But then, he looked at Randon, and said "I think we could go there, maybe get a coffee, anything. Maybe even souvenirs. Is it possible, Mr. Longton?" wondered the man in the blue suit.

"Also, to be clear, we too do wish for people to get our culture and customs, but we do not like to call it a nationalism, more likely a patriottism. You see, many people in the 50s came to live in our nation right to escape persecution by the communist government, and in the 30s many italians, french and germans came to New Wolvers to start a new life, and escape the nazi regime. Those were hard times, and we updated the constitution to avoid that a fascist or a nationalist party could form, as the nation abhorrs nationalism, opting instead to adopt patriotism." Mark answered in response to the Huterric Union "nationalism".
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:21 pm

“Patriotism. That’s the word. I only know it in Huterric unless I’m reminded. Huterrica is a deeply patriotic country.” Milán says. He then says “We won’t stop in the centre as we were going to walk through it this evening, but we can stop quickly at a Bruce’s Touch and Go restaurant nearby for a toilet and coffee break. We can stay up later. It’s Saturday so all the shops will be open later anyway. Besides, it’s 12:30.”

Milán gets off the H412 at Allenstreß (Allen Street) and parks at a Touch and Go. Milán says to his group “We didn’t plan lunch so we can eat here if you want. The menu is huge but it’s not suitable for vegans.”

Once in the restaurant a waitress who appeared to be quite attractive walks up to the group. “Oh shit. Guys it’s the president. And some other people. Get him a seat RIGHT now” she exclaims. “My name is Samantha. It’s an honour to meet you Mr President. I voted for you in the last election and I’m so proud of what you’re doing to our country. Lunae Huterrikas! Liberal party for life.”

Milán responds “your support is greatly appreciated Samantha. Enter your username into this twitter thing.” Dominic turns to the guests and says “Milán follows every civilian he meets on social media. It’s his way of showing his support for the people he has contact with.”

Samantha, almost dead with joy after Milán gives her an autograph, says “I’ll lead you guys to your seats. Here. Sit. Here’s your menus. Order whatever. It’s on the house.”

The menu is huge. From traditional foods like Huterrica Bread and Lakelandshire Barbecue to more well known foods like burgers and fries, pizza, hot dogs, and fried chicken, there is truly something for everybody on the menu.

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:49 pm

"So, I wanted to ask a thing. Are my citizens protected fully in the Huterric union?" questioned Mark

A man, 24 years old of age, approached the President as he was going to get the sugar. He approached in a way that was of curiosity and asked, with an embarassed and shy voice "Mister President? Is that you?"

The guy had a thick Veronikan accent while asking such question. Mark recognized that accent, and answered "Yeah, it's me my friend. Say, are you from Slevia?" questioned the President.

"Well, I am from Vadim, but I admired your politics and voted for you before leaving to join the local police forces . When i heard an embassy was going to open in this place, I was happy. Finally i can renew my documents easily an-"
The guy stopped talking. He was smelling something something very wrong going around, and he was in alert.

"Sorry Sir, i think i noticed a suspe-" he couldn't finish the sentence that he got items thrown at him, prompting him to chase the suspect, leaving Marco still talking with Longton. Shouts in huterric were spoting from the young guy as he went away.

"As I was saying" resumed Marco: "I hope my citizens are very good here, have there been episodes of, i don't know, rejects or people not wanting to assimilate the culture of this place? Anything I should be worried about?"

Elena saw the menu, and ordered fried chicken. Of the eight Neo Wolverian, she was the one who had the most appetite after a jet-lag.

"How can you eat such?" questioned Giaques Ulimberti, diplomat and representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to Elena, diplomat for Security.
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:09 am

"Your citizens are fully protected here. We saw no choice, given they are the fastest growing immigrant population. Most moving here come because of our central location to many of the world's nations, and for our stance as an influential nation. We don't reject people as a government, but the feeling for rejection most likely comes from hardcore conservatives and far right members who don't accept our way of life and are here for just to evade tax in New Wolvers. If you have any of your citizens moving here and coming home feeling rejected, then do check how much tax they've been paying while in New Wolvers. They're probably trying their best to evade it as we haven't gotten round to reversing some really shady CLAP taxation policies for migrants yet." Milán says. He shows a bit of disappointment at the young man shouting Huterric who threw items at the 24 year old. He translated the shouting . "THE POLICE ARE NOT OUR FRIENDS"

Samantha brings the group their food. "Enjoy. And to you diplomats, welcome to Lansadas. It's a truly amazing city and I am glad I moved here."
Milán clarifies and says "Her accent very much denotes she is from Aclenia, one of the states separating Lansadas from the northwestern state of Wyche."
The Huterrics ate their food like it was normal, because Touch and Go is the largest fast food chain in the Union, but the guests looked surprised in a very good way. One of the 8, who had ordered Huterrica Bread (steak cooked completely covered in bread dough as to make the meat medium-rare and the bread surrounding it crusty crusty and soaked in meat juices), gave a look almost quizzical as to why this wasn't a thing everywhere. Milán commented on Elena's fried chicken. "I hope you can taste the salt in the oil we fry it in. Its a nice touch." he says.

"Do you guys have any questions about some of the customs revolving around food and consumerism here? And how are our citizens treated across in NW" Dominic asks,

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:18 am

"Well, the Huterric citizens in New Wolvers are treated as normal citizens, even if many were questioning why they should reject the Huterric citizenship to become a Neo Wolverian one." said Luna Szorzak, a diplomat accompanying the President: 'But go tell them that the constitutional laws of the Huterric Union does not allow such." continued.

"Well, I have a question about food" said Mark, in a serious tone. As a Neo Wolverian-Italian, he was very serious when it was about food: "As you know, most of New Wolvers relies on meat, and we have strict regulations about treatments. Can you assure me that in case of a deal, the meat we will receive will be of high quality? We had to cut meat imports from the United States of America because of bleach traces in what we thought was good meat, and I want to be sure this is gonna be a very good deal. In return, we can give you anything you want, excluding weaponry of course. Those are property of the Federal Republic States, and we do not sell weapons."

"And what about technology and recycling?" Questioned Lukas in the meanwhile: "How are wastes treated in the Huterric Union and how much usually does a technology last? Is it sustainable?"

Samantha came back with the coffee that Mark ordered. A latte coffee with some caramel in it. It was not the healthiest drink but he needed one to make his brain work.
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:42 am

"The Huterric Union follows EURONAT regulations on food products by choice. This is to ensure that we can easily trade food products with EURONAT members and the food we export to other nations is of a high standard." Dominic responds. "A trade deal between our nations will make trade with EURONAT easier, as the EURONAT allows its members to independently go about their relations with Huterrica if I recall correctly. But regardless, if we reach a good deal then other nations will benefit as we can export to them via Neo Wolverian ports and cargo centres. It'll benefit everyone.

"Recycling is encouraged, and for biodegradable items it is mandatory. Glass and Metal are mandatory recycling items too, because they can be melted down and used in other items. We're a mostly renewable energy powered nation, with the last coal plant closing next month to make way for a solar power plant. As for technology, this depends on company but most of the tech we make has a minimum design life of 10 years, but this is a minimum taking account all products, and for certain items such as AI and IoT devices this will be a lot longer than 10 years. As for devices like smartphones and tablets and games consoles, we're pathing the way, or rather, Lacrimosa is. I'd highly recommend at some point after this visit that you get your governing body on tech products to the Lacrimosa Factories Campus in Hercidon, one of 5 in Huterrica and the one designated for diplomatic or governmental visits. Lacrimosa literally make all the tech you could want, so they're worth a contact." Milán says

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 am

"But I bet Lacrimosa does not own Artoon company, which is sad." murmurs Mark.

The blue-dressed man drank his cup of coffee, a very sweet liquid made with imported arabique coffee. It was a hot one, and it was very recharging.

Meanwhile, Elena finished to eat her meal, hungry as a wolf, in a matter of minutes. It was like she never ate in her life.

"Now, shall we visit the centre now?" said, the President to President Longton: "I believe we were going to the centre and visit some important place, right?"

Lukas was talking to Samantha in huterric. He was given a USB pen with a translation software that would permit him to speak and understand huterric, unlike his colleagues in flesh and bones. He was trying to flirt with her.

"Let's go Lukas, I bet Samantha is already married" said Randon.

"Say, Milan - can I call you such?" said Mark: "Are LGBT communities protected as well? What does the average Huterric person view a gay or a transexual person?"
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:36 am

“Mark we were always on first name basis while on Huterric soil. Call me Milán, please. Our tolerance and acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community makes up half of the stereotypes Huterric people have. We were the first country to give same sex marriage, in the late 1890s, and we’ve never had any policies discriminating against the LGBTQ+ community in anyway. The first instance of top surgery on an FTM trans person occurred in Lakeland in 1902, and the first bottom surgery took place in Lunkato in the 1930s. Most of the most famous among our celebs are LGBTQ+, and more than 30%+ of our population identify as LGBTQ+ as a minimum. LGBTQ+ stories are among the top selling here and the most famous ones are even taught to our children. Google the words Huterrica and LGBTQ+ and a surplus of pages come up.” Milán says to Mark.

“Or you could’ve imagined I, an openly gay man, said that” Dominic then responds with a passive aggressive tone, “plus the fact that we still host pride parades and act as LGBTQ+ activists to put pressure on other countries to be more liberal with their gay communities. As a rule of thumb we only allow LGBTQ+ friendly nations to join the Lakelandshire Pact and we deliberately and secretly export low quality goods to nations where homosexuality and transgender identities are punishable by death, but by no means do we limit this to LGBTQ+ matters. This also applies to countries with bad women’s rights and child slavery.”

The group get into the car, and Milán says “In terms of AI Artoon is excelling, mainly because Lacrimosa’s entry into the AI industry is recent and was incredibly unprecedented. Lacrimosa do better than apple and all other tech companies for smart devices like phones and tablets though, and hopefully a deal will make it easier for Lacrimosa among many other Huterric companies, notably Haithem, Cathedral & Yeoman, and the Hagan Air Industries to do business in New Wolvers. Saying that though, Cathedral & Yeoman are still yet to test their products on non-humans, especially the bath and cosmetics products the Yeoman side of the company makes.”

They get back on H412 and ride for about 10 minutes before getting off at Burlamondstreß (Burlamond Street). The car is then parked outside a luxurious looking building. Milán then says “I want you guys to dump your suitcases and belongings you won’t need in the foyer and our caretakers will assign you guys rooms and put your luggage in there. Your rooms will be marked with a piece of paper on the door. Don’t spend too long out there. In and out. Let the caretakers deal with whatever shit you may have.”

Everyone gets out the car. The sky is blue and the temperature is 25 degrees Celsius, typical for early April in Lansadas. Everyone gets their stuff inside, and Dominic says “I hope you guys brought coats. It’s this gorgeous weather during the day but it rains a lot during the night. It’s relaxing to sleep in. If you think this is warm remember that in summer we spend most of that in 35+ degrees Celsius. If you want cold weather go north.”

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:04 pm

"We are fine as it is, Milan" replied Mark to him: "we luckily are prepared for every evenience, and we saw the weather news of this country. Surely it is really diverse."

Mark, Randon, Lukas, Elena and other diplomats gave in the luggages to the caretakers, who were happy to receive them. Some guards were placed in the entrances of the building, as to protect a bank from getting robbed.

Another diplomat, Lena Philsons, was yawning meanwhile. The young 25 years old lady was new to the job, and it was normal for Neo Wolverian diplomats to take with them a new one, to learn on the spot.
She was visibly bored, and was looking at her mobile phone to see what time it was. It was getting late.

"Do you think I can be left alone for myself for tonight? I would love to see the nightlife of the place" questioned Lena to Dominic: "I heard famous musician Ghian de Longer owns a nightclub in Lansadas, and I want to visit it and have fun".

Mark was noticing the roads of the place. It looked very important, with tourists moving and stands selling cheap things like in any touristical place, but all containing informations in huterric.
"Milan, what can you tell me about this street? I see lots of tourists here, and some stands selling... things, but is this place a historical place?" questioned Mark. He was a passionate about history and loved studying it, and knowing about new places.
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:32 pm

“Sure, Tonight, but it is only two in the afternoon.” Dominic responds, assuming Lena’s phone was still on Neo Wolverian time where it is 6pm.

“Burlamond Street is our most famous and important street. It’s like the Champs Elysees of Lansadas in terms of its fame. Our government meets in the campus marked by that graffiti wall there. It is also the other end of the Junction Arcadia, at the southwest corner of the mid stretch and across the road is Junctions Way, the 2nd busiest rail station in Huterrica. Of course, Junction Way is the roundabout that trisects Burlamond Street, with the northern part from the roundabout to the M97 national route Junction being the mid stretch, the bit from M97 to the street’s terminus in Lansa Gate being the north stretch, and the bit south of the roundabout to Hytham Beach being the south stretch. We’re at the mid stretch right now. The mid stretch is dominated by the historic landmarks and government buildings, the south stretch is dominated by shopping and business and finance, and the north stretch is essentially sin city. Full of nightclubs and casinos and strip clubs and brothels. It’s literally all three personalities Huterrica has.” Milán says.

“Walk route will be we go towards Arcadia, look through there, then walk by the riverside to the Lydeside Suspension Bridge, cross it into Lyde, see Old Town Lansadas, then walk through Libertas Market back to Burlamond Street where we take the Monorail back to this side of Junction Way. Then dinner, then you guys are free to do what you like until 1 in the morning. Plan?” Milán then asks

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:43 pm

"Sounds like quite a good plan, Milan" answered Mark, enthusiastically. Lena instead was disappointed.

Later that day, the group then crossed the bridge, with Dominic explaining things about the symbolic union of such building, going to the Old Town part of the city to explore its fundaments, how it was created and why, and then they came across the Libertas Market.

The Market was huge. In comparison, Budapest's market was just a hillbilly market that happens once in a while. It contained from clothing stores to street food stores, antiquities, fruit and vegetables, livestock and technologies, both new and old, and videogames.

Mark was shocked when he came across a copy of Blinx The Time Sweeper for Xbox, a game he loved, but with a Huterric cover. It was known the game was not a success in other sides of the world unlike in New Wolvers, and not many existed in other foreign languages.
"Say, do the average youth play videogames like in New Wolvers?" questioned the man to Milan. He himself was a person who loved videogames, and his success as a workshopper for a Free-To-Play videogame was known.
Last edited by New Wolvers on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:59 am

“We wouldn’t have thought a prominent world leader would take interest in an indie game store at the longest mall in the world.” Milán says. “Indeed, gaming is quite popular among our youth, and many of our well known figures, but you won’t see me picking up a controller any time soon. Not my thing. You’ll notice that the market sells a variety of stuff. We’re coming up to something that may cause concern - Dea Droggerai, or the Druggery in English. An Apothecary is a pharmacy, and a druggery is where you buy drugs such as heroin and cannabis and cocaine. We’ve legalised all drugs here as to focus our efforts on therapy and rehab as opposed to incarceration. What will lead to incarceration though is allowing these drugs to be imported and exported out of the country. No drugs will be exported to New Wolvers, not even ones that are legal there, unless it is medical.” Milán then continues with a reassuring tone. “Here you’ll also find apothecaries, bakeries, ice cream parlours, clothes shops, tech shops. The only rule about Libertas Market is that major brands like Haithem, Cathedral & Yeoman, Lacrimosa, Hagan Holidays etc can’t operate here. It’s for independent shops only. We save the brands for Arcadia, which you saw and definitely bought from” Dominic says as he changes the subject, then looking at the Cathedral & Yeoman jeans that Lena bought.

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:19 am

"What? I needed new clothes" replied Lena.

The group then walked back, walking by the bridge again. It was around 7 PM. The bridge they passed by was getting illuminated in the national colors of New Wolvers, with blue, red and yellow clashing and divising the bridge in sections.

"Hey, you haven't told me of this surprise" said Mark to Milan: "Is surprising that for such a nation like ours, your bridge would color with our colors".

The group then headed back to Burlamond Street. The monorail was waiting for the group, and the entrance to the station was heavily monitored.

"So, let me get this straight: Lacrimosa wants to get into the Neo Wolverian market, correct? It is not clear to me who the C.E.O. is" said Donaldo to Milan: "How exactly was the company founded? Also, I thought that they made computers, not clothings."
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:07 am

"Lacrimosa's CEO is currently Lillian Arden. Lacrimosa started in the early 1920s as a conglomerate, dealing with clothes, technology, and rail services, and adding more services to their belt until the 1950s when they started to close. In 2005, Lacrimosa Fashion closed for business and now it is solely a tech company competing with the likes of Apple and Samsung." Dominic answered to Donaldo. "Lillian Arden works at the Lacrimosa HQ in Lakeland.

They got on the monorail, packed with people but with seats reserved for them. An announcement in Huterric is repeated twice "Deas Burlamondstreß LibertasMarkt. Du in dea Burlamondlain. Nekste: Umnieplaz", then in English "This is Burlamond Street Libertas Market. You are on the Burlamond Line. Next stop: Umney Park"

The doors let out an ear piercing screech and close. The monorail then moves quite fast. In 2 minutes they were at Umney Park, where walking would take 5-10 minutes. "Deas Umnieplaz. Astaiget fae dea Bernacklain esc Eszentrum Lansaddae Lain. Nekste: Junctionweg." "This is Umney Park. Disembark fo4r the Bernack Line and East Central Lansadas Line. Next stop: Junction Way."

The doors let out the same, disgusting sounding screech as the doors close. the next few stops came. Junction Way. Lonnegan Parade. The doors opened one last time to the sound of "Deas Oktahiedral. Deas Oktahiedral. Astaiget fae dea Geldlain esc dea Okathedralain. Nekste: Huterrikas Quadplaz" "This is Octahedral. This is octahedral. Disembark for the Gold Line and the Octahedral Line. Next stop: Huterrica Square Plaza"

The group gets off and walks the rest of the way to their accommodation. "Huterrica Square World Plaza is the main trade centre in Huterrica. The tallest buildings in Huterrica, the hexagonal twin towers, are located there. The station there is the busiest rail station in all of Huterrica and all modes of transport that move on land stop there." the President then says. "Our trade talks will be held in the Libertas Tower, one of the twin towers, as a symbolic sign of friendship and prosperity."

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:21 am

"Sounds good" said Mark, looking at the building.

It was tall and majestic, as much of the Huterric Union was.

The diplomats and the presidents headed back to the hotel, to avoid the rainy night of that day. It is quite humid but enjoyable, however the crew needed to rest.

Back in the hotel, the rooms were all luxurious. They had each a big bed, a minifridge with a bar, a TV screen that was made in New Wolvers and a charging station for eventual android visitors. Those were quite new apparently.
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Time - 9:45am
Location - Huterrica Square World Plaza, Huterrica Square, Lansadas, FD Lansadas, Huterric Union

Dominic have the orders to the diplomats to meet him, Milán, and the relevant senators for the day of talks on trade and business outside the Libertas Tower of the World Plaza. Being the twin tower with the telecommunications mast at the top, and thus the official tallest building in Huterrica, it was very easy to find and as such the diplomats could make their own way there. It gave them a good opportunity to see Lansadas without their Huterric counterparts, even if it was a ten minute walk down the road.

At the tower, Milán greets the group. “Good morning guys. I hope you slept well. Now you won’t be so jetlagged so we ought to start talks. We ought to introduce you two the two releveant senators for these meetings. This is Tamsin Eastwood, Senator for Trade, and this is Rowan Whitecock, Senator for Business and Commerce. Tamsin identifies as female and goes by she/her pronouns, and Rowan identifies as genderqueer and uses they/them pronouns. While both will be present throughout, Tamsin will have a more important role in this morning’s talks on imports and exports, whereas Rowan will have a major role in the afternoon’s talks on business and commerce, which will also include the CEOs of three big companies looking on expanding into the Neo Wolverian Market”

Milán leads the group into the tower entrance. The Lobby gave off the most welcoming atmosphere, to the point the places it was less welcoming than is easier to list than the places less welcoming. Messages like “Huterrica welcomes you”, “Freedom is for everybody”, “Huterrica works for you” sprawled across screens in the lobby, and while one could assume it was the occasion it was rather the messages shown daily at the tower. Milán leads his group towards a Staff Only corridor, and leads them to an elevator. He presses the button to go up, and a voice says “Erdztok, Ground Floor. Going up”

Everyone gets in, and Milán then starts up again. “So, the plan is we host the talks on floor 100, reserved for important meetings. Afterwards we go up to floor 180 where we can view Lansadas from the tallest point of the tallest building in the world. Yes, we use the British system for floor numbering, so this is ground and the floor above us is first. Also this lift is very fast. Please hold tight if you’re not used to it.”

The lift moves incredibly fast up to floor 100, and then when everyone gets off they’re lead to a room with a view of the river Lansa. Dominic then says “Constitutionally all talks we have must be recorded in some form, be it written, video, or audio. For this reason, audio of these talks will be recorded. This is part of the Freedom and Transparency Act, legally known as Act 2. You do not get a say in wether you get recorded, but we are required to inform you of this law when you’re first recorded. The start of recording will be dignified by me introducing the Huterric officials in Huterric, and the end of recording will be signified by me saying ‘Vedersen. Vedersen. Lunaea Huterrikas’. Clear?”

Everyone nods, and everyone takes a seat. The audio recorder starts and Dominic says “Iek Dominic Whitecastle, esc iek mit Präsident Milán Longton, esc Zenators Tamsin Eastwood esc Rowan Whitecock. Unzer gäst fae Nea Wultveria. Lunaea Nea Wultveria”

Milán then says “Complimentary snacks of grapes, feta cheese preserves in a brine, and house baked chocolate chip cookies are provided alongside a jug of purified water. This recording details the agreement we make in achieving a free trade deal, and the progress towards that. Are there any questions on the Neo Wolverian side that the Huterric Union ought to address before we move forward?”

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:36 am

"Is there going to be any restriction on what we could import freely?" questioned the President "Like, is there going to be a quota whereas it will be mandatory to pay some kind of tax?"

The diplomats were wondering about the trade deal, as New Wolvers needed Lacrimosa technologies for their automotive industries. Some dedicated technology permitted a very safe way of driving and an enhanced version of control over speed, and Jelenia Industries couldn't afford the technology because of the costs of import.

On the contrary, the Huterric Union needed the Urinamo nanochips, and were available to pay, but Lacrimosa was getting in bad waters about it.

"Also, will this affect the single person? Like a neo Wolverian tourist getting in with something or something like that?" questioned an hungover Lena, looking tired but lucid at the same time, like in a perpetual sleep-awake pattern.
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

The Huterric Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Huterric Union » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:52 am

Tamsin looks at a hungover Lena and then looks to Dominic, points to herself, and whispers “Mech”, a nod to the fact that she was hungover at her first diplomatic meeting 15 years ago under Jimmy Bernack’s presidency.

“Yes, there are limitations, albeit these are minimal and where we put them in we lean on the side of importing it as little as possible. The main issue we’ll have is drugs, both recreational and medicinal. When it comes to recreational drugs, it is illegal to import and export them to and front Huterrica. This is so we can enforce a safety standard on the drugs being used in terms of things like strength and dosage. We just need you to adhere to this rule. Oh, this doesn’t apply to medical cannabis, which we will import to you but we ask you don’t export medical cannabis to us. As for medicine, we enforce a 5% tax on medicines imported from elsewhere. This is so we can check the quality and standard of the medicines being imported, as opposed to medicines made here at home which follow strict guidelines to ensure they are safe and effective. However you are free to export medicine to us, and we can come to an agreement with you” Tamsin then continued, this time speaking to her guests.

“May we add we are implementing a tax on artificial food colourings known to cause adverse effects in children and general health problems for people. Apart from that we try to be as relaxed as possible. Oh yes, no weapons. We don’t export or import weapons unless for diplomatic reasons. Same applies to you” Rowan says.

“The individual won’t be affected noticeably by this unless they have drugs or weapons in their suitcase. The main effect it will have is that products on both sides decrease in price” Milán reassures Mark.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates