NATION

PASSWORD

The Front Lines of Freedom

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Saints » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:21 pm

Raionitu wrote:
Rebels and Saints wrote:
The process is no different. The cause and results set us apart.
In typical invader regimes, the goal is to invade regions and gain control. In the Council, the goal is to oust invaders, stabilize a region, and then leave, returning it to its inhabitants.

So first you wanted to remove tyrants, now you want to remove invaders? What if the founder is the tyrant, would you try to fight that if given the option? They are a native, they just run their region differently that you would like

We would only attempt to intervene if there was a significant wish for intervention by those in the region, as I have already said numerous times.
Long live Liberalia!

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Rebels and Saints wrote:
Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:And if the people want to be invaders? Regions operate on a volunteer basis lol

Then we do not intervene. I know regions are run on a volunteer basis. I said that we will only intervene when there is significant wish for us to do so.

I mean, this feels like a non-issue then. There is nothing forcing players to stay in a region, if they don't like the government they'll leave. Unless you mean you will only really be liberating regions specifically taken by outside forces
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Saints » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Raionitu wrote:
Rebels and Saints wrote:
Then we do not intervene. I know regions are run on a volunteer basis. I said that we will only intervene when there is significant wish for us to do so.

I mean, this feels like a non-issue then. There is nothing forcing players to stay in a region, if they don't like the government they'll leave. Unless you mean you will only really be liberating regions specifically taken by outside forces

In most cases, yes.
Long live Liberalia!

Raionitu
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:35 pm

Rebels and Saints wrote:
Raionitu wrote:I mean, this feels like a non-issue then. There is nothing forcing players to stay in a region, if they don't like the government they'll leave. Unless you mean you will only really be liberating regions specifically taken by outside forces

In most cases, yes.

Now I'm curious, what are examples of other cases?
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."

Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Saints » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:39 pm

Raionitu wrote:
Rebels and Saints wrote:
In most cases, yes.

Now I'm curious, what are examples of other cases?

I am not fully sure. If they pop up, they pop up, but for now, we are mostly dealing with invaded regions.
Long live Liberalia!

Raionitu
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:46 pm

Rebels and Saints wrote:
Raionitu wrote:Now I'm curious, what are examples of other cases?

I am not fully sure. If they pop up, they pop up, but for now, we are mostly dealing with invaded regions.

Cool, thanks for the answer and the RO spot, I would recommend starting with dealing with your own region, as it has been invaded to the fullest extent I can mange with 18 minutes of infiltration effort after getting off work.

Y'all need to start checking before you RO people, I've pulled the white hawks card on way too many start up fendas for it to still get me RO spots

Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Saints » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:05 pm

I did check. And I knew it was coming. I've had experience with the Black Hawks before, you son of a -----.
Long live Liberalia!

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:27 pm

I don't think you understand how democracy, or regions, work.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Rebels and Saints wrote:I did check. And I knew it was coming. I've had experience with the Black Hawks before, you son of a -----.

How you spell it, or don't spell it, doesn't matter. Don't insult other users.

Cheers.

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:46 pm

There has to be a method to discern normal regions from actual tyranny. Regions with under a hundred players that aren’t fascist or totalitarian should be completely safe. I understand that sometimes there are regions with value to users that get corrupted, but others are a different story.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Lmao :lol2:
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Saints » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Aclion wrote:I don't think you understand how democracy, or regions, work.

I understand quite perfectly how regions and democracies work. If you have a specific issue, please elaborate.
Long live Liberalia!

Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Saints » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:04 pm

Audioslavia wrote:
Rebels and Saints wrote:I did check. And I knew it was coming. I've had experience with the Black Hawks before, you son of a -----.

How you spell it, or don't spell it, doesn't matter. Don't insult other users.

Cheers.

Cheers.
Long live Liberalia!

Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Saints » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:07 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:There has to be a method to discern normal regions from actual tyranny. Regions with under a hundred players that aren’t fascist or totalitarian should be completely safe. I understand that sometimes there are regions with value to users that get corrupted, but others are a different story.

I can't quite understand what you're asking, so if this does not answer your question, please inform me.

My discernment between normal regions and tyrannical regions is based on whether there is a significant amount of the populace that is unhappy with an unrepresentative government. These are the only regions we plan to take action against.

Additionally, regions that make a habit of invading and subduing other regions, against the will of the populace of said regions, will be targeted, though most of these regions are too large to do anything about until significant growth is experienced by the Council.
Long live Liberalia!

Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Saints » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:43 pm

/Bump
Long live Liberalia!

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation