NATION

PASSWORD

Dragon Ball Sagas IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Dragon Ball Sagas IC

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:31 am

Mei Lin-Earthling-PL 125

You could swear that the roaring crowds could be heard form miles away. As everyone gathered to watch the final bouts of this years Tenkaichi Budokai Tournament. The most popular spectator event in the world. As for myself and the other fighters who managed to battle our way through all of the qualifying matches we were inside the main building waiting for our time to walk out and take our place in the ring. The anxiety started to build a bit as my eyes scanned over the remaining fighters. All of them looking far more challenging than most of the men and women I had already fought to be here. Well, they should I suppose because after all they each had to fight through the qualifiers as well. I started to wonder what drove each of them to train so hard to be here? Was it the prize money? Fame? Or simply being known as the greatest fighter on the planet? It could have been any one of those things. Yet it was none of those for me.

Twenty five years ago my father stood in the same place I am right now. He had dedicated his life to his art. But in the finals he faced a man who seemed to have no remorse. No goal but the fight itself. The man he faced was on the verge of being disqualified for inflicting severe or crippling injuries on opponent after opponent. But he had not killed anyone. And so they let him continue. I had only heard the story a single time from my father. How he faced the man who counted most every move he made against him. But in one final attempt to win, my father made a bold feint which resulted in landing a single and precise blow to his opponent. Wounded as he was, the man who had been fighting with lifeless and bored eyes then seemed to come alive. He hit my father with blow after devastating blow refusing to allow him to fall out of bounds. As the referee called the match and declared him the victor the mysterious fighter seemed to have no reaction at all. Seeing my father in no condition to continue fighting. He simply turned and without a single word. Left the Tournament, never speaking in an interview or claiming his prize.

To my father's knowledge the man never participated in the Tenkaichi Budokai again. He had heard rumors of a powerful warrior who would seek out worthy foes and challenge them to a duels to the death. But beyond the rumors and whispers he thought little of it. My father himself, even after recovering could no longer practice martial arts. The man had not only defeated him in the tournament, but in my opinion. Defeated his spirit. Unable to practice what was once a passion to him he settled down in his old village and took up farming, meeting my mother and marrying. Then having me. If asked he would not say that he regrets how his life has turned out. He tells me he has found a new meaning in the work he does. He is a respected member of our village and an important member of the community. But he has warned me since I was young that a passion for battle only brings pain. My entire life I had believed the pain he had warned me about was physical. Like what had happened to him. Or the pain of being forced to give up something you love. But being here now. The more I think I about it.

I think he was referring to the man he had fought that day.

To dedicate your life so much to the art of fighting that it is all you live for. Finding pleasure in nothing of the world besides trading fists with worthy opponents. To live an empty existence as you do nothing but seek battle after battle before eventually being defeated yourself. I believe that he saw what he could have become if he had continued down the path of a warrior. But I also believe that my father is wrong. That such a fate does not have to be the final result of a life of fighting. There has to be more to it than either becoming a blood lusted warrior or being crippled. I mean, martial arts gives meaning to many and brings joy and entertainment to many more. People take pride in their work and skills. So by winning this tournament I hope to be able to not only fulfill my father's old dream of being recognized as the best. But show him that martial arts can be a positive force for both a person and the world. And of course convince him that I am strong enough to live my own life.

"Now, the moment you have all been waiting for! The start of the Tenkaichi Budokai Tournament! Would all of the fighters now present themselves in the ring for all to see!"

And with that, I walked out in confidence alongside the other fighters. Waving and smiling at the crowd, hoping to see my parents somewhere in the sea of faces. Standing in the ring shoulder to shoulder with everyone else as our eyes peered over at the sharply dressed announcer. The crowd roared and a few rounds of applause were had before they finally started to settle down and the announcer gave his next instructions.

"The first round is about to commence ladies and gentlemen! Would everyone aside from Tong Ao Shen and Naitofaia Akane please exit the ring and take positions around the arena! You may watch the bout but obviously no interfering in anyway and thank all of you for coming out!"

I then walked back outside the ring and stood with the other fighters on the grass just outside of it. As I watched the two fighters face each other. Shen seemed to be a veteran fighter. I noticed that his gi was torn and worn and that his body was covered in scars. The dark haired man had a sharp look in his eyes. His opponent was a woman who was small in stature but had an eager look of anticipation in her eyes.She too had two notable scars crossing her face.Her spiky hair tied back in a pony tail. I had no idea as to who would emerge from this fight the victor. The conditions of the battle was either win by K.O, an opponent forfeiting or getting your opponent out of bounds.

Shifting my attention from the fighters in the ring to those standing around me I spotted one with spiky black hair with a large sword on his back. There is no harm in having a conversation while we watch the fight after all. Walking over to him I spoke up.

"I didn't know we could use weapons in the tournament. I know of a special staff I would love to use." I then offered a friendly hand shake in greeting.

"I am Mei Lin by the way. What's your name?" I asked, finally introducing myself as the battle began in the ring.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:02 pm

Cedric Swift, warrior of the Dragon Style!

As much as the young raven-haired warrior sought to suppress his anxiety and display the discipline which being a martial artist requires him to show, a conflux of emotions continued to swirl inside him while the competitors stood in the center of the ring. Master Ramen did not hide anything about the importance of this event nor the critical role it was going to play in Cedric's career as a martial artist. This was by far the most televised and well known martial arts tournament on the planet, thousands wished to one day push through the preliminaries and qualifiers much like he just had. No doubt, his parents were watching this event, and so was his master - the latter was certainly in the vast spectator's lounges, awaiting for his pupil's performance.

Master Ramen was convinced that Cedric will be able to go far, but the young martial artist didn't share his optimism. Sure, the years of training atop the Dragon Mansion in the Northern Mountains must have done something to improve his physique, he felt stronger and he had learned the Ryukiho technique - but... surely, he's going to fight against veterans today. Against professionals who have seen children stronger than him. All of this meant that Cedric was going to have to not only make a great performance today, but also fulfill the expectations weighing upon him. Not just from his master, either - his family must be hoping that sending their only child off to train with a legendary master has left some tangible results.

Okay, okay, calm down.

This... this is going to turn out great! Yeah!..

Ignore all of that pressure, just have a bit of fun!

Which was exactly when the raven-haired warrior, standing at the edge of the arena, suddenly heard someone address him. "Huh?" Turning to the side, he saw a woman no more older than him, though clearly a martial artist herself, approach him - and she mentioned the sword hanging off his back, surprised at weapons being allowed in the matches.

"Oh, no, they're not allowed. I'm just more comfortable with using a sword than my bare fists, so I carry it around regardless." Cedric explained, unfolding his arms and accepting the handshake, then following it up with a brief polite nod taught to him by his master. "Nice to meet you, Mei, I'm Cedric. Cedric Swift."

The martial artist's eyes shifted towards the tournament ring for a second. "So... whatcha are you after in this tournament? Just the prize, I assume? Or is something else at play somewhere?"
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:17 pm

Tong Ao Shen, Master of Ty-Do

"Now, the moment you have all been waiting for! The start of the Tenkaichi Budokai Tournament! Would all of the fighters now present themselves in the ring for all to see!"

With that announcement, I walked out with the other fighters and gave a slight bow to the crowd before giving a wave. Despite being in multiple tournaments before I never cared much for crowds. The thought of that many eyes watching me perform martial arts put my stomach into knots. However, catching a glimpse of my family in the packed stands quickly put my stomach at ease. I needed to win this tournament… for them. They had supported me through my career and it was now time that I returned the favor. Yet, I knew these final bouts would not be easy. It was obvious that the fighters I stood next to all had a reason for being here too. It would be through the use of our martial arts that we would decide who would be granted their goal. I myself came to the conclusion that I would continue fighting no matter what. The only way I would come off the arena is by being carried off... Whilst I thought to myself I took notice of the sharply dressed announcer stepping forward which brought a sense of calmness to the crowd. When the crowd was silent enough for the announcer’s liking he spoke about the next instructions.

"The first round is about to commence ladies and gentlemen! Would everyone aside from Tong Ao Shen and Naitofaia Akane please exit the ring and take positions around the arena! You may watch the bout but obviously, no interfering in any way and thank all of you for coming out!"

I watched as the other fighters walked back outside the ring and congregated in a spot near one another to observe the match. With one final look over at other fighters, I turned my gaze to the opponent who stood before me. My opponent was a woman was rather small in stature yet her eyes revealed her true self. The look she possessed was one of eagerness and determination. Her most prominent feature, however, was the two scars that crossed her face. As finished sizing her up I walked a few paces away from her and adjusted my battered Gi before doing a shallow bow.

"I look forward to fighting you, Naitofaia Akane." I said to my opponent as I arose from my shallow bow and entered my fighting stance, "This will certainly be a fun bout."

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:14 pm

Akane

Stepping into the tournament ring produced... an interesting feeling to say the least of it. The last time that she had set foot on the hallowed tournament grounds was when the Naitofaia had tried to kidnap and brainwash Hirai again. That's also the first time she really and truely lost control. Bad memories overall, yet still she looked back on them fondly. If she could truly pinpoint the moment where she thought she had broken through to the next level in her strength. Doing some stretches on the side lines, she observed her opponents carefully, eyeing up the ones who looked particularly strong. What stunned her though was the appearance of one or two of them with tails like her, or at least furry belts very similar to how she hid her fifth appendage most of the time.

Stepping forward into the ring, the bright red and black of her gi was sure to attract some attention. Putting on a smile for the crowd and waving to a couple of them, she caught Hirai's eyes. The man was getting into his thirties at this point, but the toll that life had taken on him honestly could have put him easily in his late 40s to early 50s. His simple glare told her all she needed to know, get her head back into the game. Facing dead ahead to stare at the competition directly across from her. She adopted a simple look that she had mastered over the years, one that showed her hunger for battle but also her control over her power.

"The first round is about to commence ladies and gentlemen! Would everyone aside from Tong Ao Shen and Naitofaia Akane please exit the ring and take positions around the arena! You may watch the bout but obviously, no interfering in any way and thank all of you for coming out!"

She winced a little at the mention of the Naitofaia in her name. She had kept the name of the dark academy and paramilitary force in her own name to remind her of her past, but there were always times that she almost regretted it. Looking across at her competition, Akane cocked her head and studied her opponent briefly. He was war torn, but not like Hirai. His scars marked a man who had gone to hell, and fought his way back out of it. A small smirk came to Akane's face. Perhaps this would actually be somewhat interesting.

"Please, just Akane. And likewise, you seem like a decent fighter." She likewise assumed her own stance.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Android 7

The crowds shuffled in, and though it was far from orderly, the arena stands became packed as the tall and imposing Android found himself a seat among the citizenry, people of all walks of life surrounding him and closing him off from any escape. Truly a nightmare, but the Android had a yearning to observe the martial arts match that he couldn't exactly place, but it was powerful enough to ease any hang-ups or anxiety he may have about being discovered. In fact, he blended with the crowd rather easily, since several competitors eliminated in the preliminary rounds were in the stands to watch their victors continue to the end. He could almost relax, feeling a sense of security in being so surrounded by cheer and excitement.

A knee bumped into the Android's back, and that wouldn't have been a problem, had the person's knee not be stuck in the jabbed position. While he was about to turn around and ask the bastard to make room, a metal rod touched the back of Android 7's head. A robbery in broad daylight, the Android sighed at the rudeness of people, waiting patiently for the muggers demands, feeling the prick's hot breath on his skin-like ear. "Typical human response to this kind of stuff is stiff fear, not relaxed but building tension. You wouldn't know too much about that, would you, Android 7?"

Hitting like a punch in the gut, the Android was found out, and more than likely by a member of the Blue Berets or someone hired by them. He cursed his nature of watching fights and his love for the martial arts, it wouldn't have been too hard to spot the Android in a crowd if you were relentlessly looking for him for over a year. Remaining quiet and motionless, his captor continued to speak in a hushed whisper, the people around them unaware of the situation at hand due to the commencement of a bout. "Now, now, you may be wondering about what avenues of escape or attack you might have. All these people could just vanish, we both know you're capable of it, but what you're trying to figure out how much I know, and what I can do." The man chuckled a bit.

"'Maybe he doesn't know I'm bulletproof', you may wonder, 'Perhaps he doesn't know that I could grab his gun and tear it in half like a piece of paper', could be another thought. All were just answered then and there, and I could stop talking to keep the mystery going, but I tend to like the sound of my own voice, so here's what we're going to do, you and I. We're going to watch this fight to the end, and then the next one, claps and cheers, all that, until the tournament is over. Then, you're coming with me, and we're going to shut off your rogue programming. Any objections and everyone dies, and now I've just revealed that I'm pretty strong, too. I know how many people you've killed, so you're not a threat I'm taking lightly."

"How many have you killed?" Android 7 responded with, his entire contribution to the conversation. His kidnapper gave a hearty chuckle, angering the Android who cut his eyes to the side, hoping to get a glimpse at his captor. He saw red armor briefly, before the Blue Berets Army's soldier readjusted and pressed his gun harder to the back of Android 7's head. He turned his head to face completely forward, focusing on the fight at hand rather than dwell on his precarious predicament.

"Eyes forward, no need to see me, you'll get acquainted soon enough. You've been a good sport so far, so how about I give you a little tidbit to establish some trust? How about I tell you my name, not like it'll do much good for you to know it, but we're both rational beings that need to trust each other to get out of this situation alive, don't you agree?" Leaning forward, Android 7 felt the man's breath once more, slowly whispering to the Android, "They call me Calzone the Beef Noodler." The utter silence gave way to a snicker from the man, "Could you imagine? Haha, no, my name is Pallas."
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:01 pm

As I kept my stance towards my opponent I could slowly begin to hear the crowd's roar dissipate into a low almost inaudible drum against my ears. The fight hadn't even started, yet, adrenaline was already coursing strongly through my body and it felt all to normal. My vision had already begun to focus on Akane and everything that wasn't her was becoming a blur which was ignored. One feeling, however, that I could never get past was the ground beneath my feet. It felt abnormal to feel the individual bits and pieces of earth that dimpled the underside of my feet... a slight smirk grew on my face as I shook away these thoughts that came over me. Here I was about to fight my opponent and I was worried about the soles of my feet.

"Please, just Akane. And likewise, you seem like a decent fighter."

My train of thought was quickly interrupted by my opponent and I shook myself out of my adrenaline induced daze before responding, "Akane it shall be then."

Despite the upset in my adrenaline-fueled body it quickly overcame me once again and I was back to "Normal." I gave a slight advance towards my opponent then backed away as if an automatic precautionary measure. I then stepped forward again before launching myself towards my opponent. My battered Gi fluttered against the wind as I pressed forward towards Akane with a clenched fist. At this moment it felt as if time itself had slowed down for this moment. I'm sure my adrenaline rich body was the reason for this lucidity but I ignored cause and reason for I let loose the first strike against Akane followed by kick towards her head.

It was here that Akane and I began our match to find the victor...

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:03 pm

Akane

The woman cocked her head and began to trace a circle around Shen, almost like an animal stalking it's prey. Akane didn't like to fight... she loved it. Martial arts was her life. It's all it had been since her childhood, and she couldn't see a future where she willingly gave up fighting. She smirked a bit as her words seemed to throw off the other fighter the smallest bit. The other warrior seemed strong, but Akane had beaten people who looked much stronger. Still, she didn't look that strong herself. Every fight was in essence a surprise waiting to happen, and she just needed to find out what it was before she got surprised by it.

Her suspicions were somewhat allayed when Shen charged her. He was slow. Well not slow, he was faster than most of the people Akane had ever had the displeasure of fighting, but compared to her max levels he was moving at a walking pace. Perhaps though he was just messing with her. It wouldn't be the first time...

It was one of the last sparring matches before she and Hirai burned down the Academy. The teachers had known she was up to something and had pitted her against a boy in his late teens. Knowing that it was a set up from the start, Akane had seen no reason to hold back. She laid into the boy for the first minute of the match, landing several damaging hits, but her opponent always seemed to avoid a ring out. It wasn't until one of the instructors had told him "Enough" that Akane understood what was happening. The boy shifted into a different stance and proceeded to beat Akane into the dirt, winning by KO rather than ringout.

Back in the present, Akane blocked Shen's punch with her hand, gripping it and holding it back while she smirked a little. What she didn't notice in her moment of smugness that Shen had also launched a kick towards her head. Taking the foot across her cheek, Akane was knocked to the ground. Pushing herself back up to avoid taking more hits, a more observant fighter might have noticed a slight red glow to the spot where the kick had landed. Still smiling, Akane breathed through her teeth "Impressive. You're better than most of the goons I've foguht."

Akane launched herself back at Shen, moving faster than she had observed Shen moving. Right before she made contact with Shen's gut, she instead skidded around the other fighter, and aimed a rapid barrage of punches at Shen's spine.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:38 pm

Mei Lin-Earthling-PL 125

Of course, I should have guessed it was something like that I thought to myself. I haven't seen anyone else use a weapon in this tournament yet. Of course I started to wonder, if he was more comfortable with his sword, would that mean he is less capable in unarmed combat? Well, maybe not, after all he did make it past all of the qualifiers. He accepted the handshake and gave a polite bow which was of course returned. It was then that he had surprised me with an unexpected question. What was my purpose for being in this tournament? Well, I certainly know the answer to that but...the reasons were kinda personnel. I thought about it for a brief moment before I decided to just answer the question. After all, I did not have to go into details.

"I know a man who made it to the finals once. But...he was unable to win. And was forced to give up his dream of being a fighter. I am here to fight in his place to achieve that same dream. As well as prove that I am strong enough to live by my own decisions." I hoped that answer would have been enough to satisfy his curiosity.

My eyes were then drawn back to the arena. With both Shen and Akane starting their bout and after Shen landed a couple of hits and a kick after rushing her it seemed that her counter attack revealed that she was the faster of the two. It was...

Worrisome.

Because if I was seeing everything clearly. She was faster than I am.And my speed was a big part of my style. I had been confident in being among the fastest fighter here. Of course, I still have other components to my martial arts that I am sure could take an opponent by surprise. I have been told many times that my kicks were among the strongest many have seen.

I then brought my attention squarely back on Cedric as the match continued to unfold.

"So, may I ask why is it you have joined in on this tournament? Is it the title and prize money like most other people? Or is it something else?"

Looking at him I thought he could have easily been the type in it for the money, or the challenge. Either one. Not that it was anything specific about him. It just seemed to be the most common motivator for this kind of event. And if the combatants on stage were any indication I would have to go all in from this point forward not to lose.

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:14 pm

Akane managed to block my punch or should I say she caught my punch before it hit her. However, in her moment of smugness, my kick managed to make contact with her face knocking her to the ground. I pressed forward to attack her on the ground but she pushed herself back up and avoided more of my follow-ups. I hesitated to rush forward again for it seemed that the kick to her face did not hinder nor disorient her at all. If anything it seemed she was...enjoying the fight. In my life, I had encountered those who had enjoyed the thrill of the fight but this was something entirely different. From her reaction, it seemed it just wasn't just the fighting but the pain too. If I was being honest with myself it was a rather a disturbing notion if it was true. I've only heard of people like this before but from rumor, it seems that it wasn't going to be an easy fight. Nonetheless, If Akane wanted to win she would have to beat me into the ground first.

As I stared Akane down she spoke out to me, "Impressive. You're better than most of the goons I've fought."

"Most goons tend to not know their right from their left. I assure you...You'll get a fight, Akane," I replied with my eye still focused entirely on her.

Despite my best efforts to watch Akane, she moved with a speed that almost made her a blur to me. I only had seconds to block the gut punch she went for but it was feint... whilst my arms were in front of me she skidded around to my back with her momentum. My head followed her to my back and so to did the rest of my body but it was futile. Akane was already laying into my spine with her fist. I held back a yelp of pain as I managed to disengage from Akane. The power of her strikes was already evident for I could feel swelling of my muscle around the affected area. With my eyes still on Akane, I felt my back with my left hand winced upon touching the bruise.

"Damn...this is no regular person," I thought to myself as I brought my left hand back in front of me. I slowly without hesitation began to circle her once more like a predator would watch a meek prey. Yet, it was obvious this was no prey but two predators atop the food chain... As I continued to circle Akane I thought of every option I could take to get in a hit on her. Finally, after what seemed like mere seconds, I rushed towards my opponent. I pushed my body harder than before whilst ignoring the pain as much as I could. When I neared I raised my right leg in a feint move to strike her right knee but brought it down quickly and closed the gap further to attempt a midriff strikes against Akane.
Last edited by Treko on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:29 pm

Akane

She grinned wide at Shen's assertation that he was more than just a simple goon. The man was probably wrong in that regard, but she appreciated the notion behind it. Better a fighter than someone who simply knew how to throw a few punches. His disengagement from her barrage had been somewhat impressive, but nothing that wowed her. She had come to this world tournament expecting to find some competition. Pulling back into her normal stance, she once more began to circle around the arena, cocking her head slightly to the side.

She watched as Shen began to mimic her own movements. It was a clever tactic, clearly meant to throw her off her game. Akane swapped her weight a bit, instead focusing on her front foot rather than her back, preparing herself for a frontal assault by Shen. She reasoned that the other fighter might result to a quick attack knowing that anything slow and powerful would be unlikely to hit her. Her suspicions were confirmed when Shen rushed her, flying towards her knee, before pulling into a gut strike. Akane took the strike and feigned pain for a brief moment, quivering on Shen's knee.

Her eyes shot up, full with the look of pure joy from the shot to her gut. She whispered to Shen a quiet "Ouch." before blasting off the ground with a flip kick aimed at the other warrior's chin. Not even registering if the shot landed or not, she practically bounced from the landing into a headbutt spear dive aimed directly at Shen's gut, where he had targetted her.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:54 am

Mei's answer to his question was quite surprising - nope, she did not come to the Tenkaichi Budokai simply for the fame or the prize. No, her goal was... a lot more noble? It certainly was. She knew a man who barely won the tournament and resigned from martial arts in defeat, so she was here to achieve his dream and prove her own worth. Cedric flashed a faint smile, his eyes turning towards the fight before their eyes, and muttered:

"I see..."

Much as he had anticipated, the tournament started with a flashy, high-octane fight, with Tong and Akane facing off in a close quarters brawl. Surely, the spectators were already drawing bets on who could possibly win this fight - to someone untrained in martial arts, it would appear as if the two of them were almost equally matched, right?.. Cedric, however, saw a different story. One of the tenets of Master Ramen's fighting style has always been to study the opponent's body language to determine the type of person standing behind those fists - and Akane was practically oozing it. Smirking, smiling, engaging in small talk, abandoning her defenses...

If Cedric had to guess, he would say that Tong is in a lot of trouble.

Which is where he suddenly got drawn out of his trance by Mei addressing him, asking him the same question which he had asked her. What is the reason why he's out here? Cedric did not hesitate with the answer, speaking up immediately:

"I am Master Ramen's student. The final challenge of my training is to apply to the Tenkaichi Budokai and show how much I have learned. And now that I am watched... I'm ready to give my all."

The raven-haired warrior's eyes shifted back towards the battle. "This fight's hardly fair. Akane is clearly not giving her all out there."
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:53 am

His Majesty, King Booker

"Uhh, your Majesty?" My Human assistant asked me in a worried tone.

I did not respond to him. I was too much into the tournament, staring through my specialized goggles to increase my perception to watch the high speeds of the Earth's greatest's martial artists. It was a shame that I couldn't participate in the competition, mostly since I'm not a great martial artists. The other...

"Your Majesty?" The assistant asked again," you're heavily panting again, should I increase the AC?"

I was started and barked slightly in that standard bark that we Pugites are known for. All I saw was a slowed down assistant and fell out of my chair in fear. After that I took off the goggles and blinked a few times for my perception to return. My assistant came to me and chuckled.

"Was the goggles much to your liking my King?" He stretched out a white, gloved hand.

"Yes, the goggles were very much so, but needs work on the time dilation when not in the Bruiser." I took the hand and got back to my seat.

I know I shouldn't had use my goggles, they were meant for piloting the Bruiser when fighting happens at a speed that not even the fastest jets can accomplish. Yet those were always on their most highest settings, in the lowest ones I could easily see a fight like this as someone watches a normal TV show. Still, my eyes aren't really meant to see this much as seconds slow down to minutes and I could see who is the greatest fighter among my subjects.

I still wanted to see the Tenkaichi Budokai, it was one of the best things do to when your king. I got to make a big speech to the winner and the runner-ups and present the prizes like I had done for five years running. In all of those years, I only botched the speech twice. Which maybe 40% roughly but it's still 60% of my success rate. I'm much better with a wrench and some coffee than doing some rhetoric. That's why the Parliament does all the state stuff and I make work with the best minds to advance our technology.

I sat back comfortably in my seat and my servants brought in my bowl and royal treats to me. I drank something and ate something before putting back on my goggles to the lowest setting and watched the matches. My assistant sighed as he turned on the AC so I wouldn't be cold. I thanked him and my father for ever hiring the man for me. Thing is, if I was ever was too hot than I would start to lose consciousness or even had a heat stroke, which has happened a number of times.

Sometimes I hate being what I was born into. Being called the "Cutie King", the "Pudgy King", or thinking that I just eat a lot because that's how they see me. Doesn't help that very few people think of me as a intelligent King, one that is pushing for a lunar colony happening within the next three years. Of course it would be for mining the helium-3 up on that rock but I also wanted to push for Ki energy to be used and standardized before than.

I think I just need to relax and watch the last matches. I have to remember that one speech I had to do. I know I should've practice more...
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 am

Mei Lin-Earthling-PL 125

My answer seemed to catch him off guard. I suppose that was to be expected after all many fighters are here for themselves or their dojo. Which of course is a natural reasoning. After all a martial artist normally fights because they love to do so. Or they take some pride in it, much like a man who practices a trade or an artist. Learning martial arts takes time, effort and dedication and there is nothing wrong with showing that off. So when his answer was given I wasn't surprised at all.

"Well, surely just by qualifying you have already proven a lot of what you have learned. After all this is no casual dojo or school competition right? Everyone here has earned their spot." I let the statement hang there for a second as my eyes flashed back to the fight distracting me from my conversation.

I noticed that he seemed to observe the match with a careful eye. At first I was not sure what had him so enamored in a bout between equals but the more I looked I began to see it as well. The fighter named Shen was at a disadvantage. It was written on their faces. Shen was clearly taking this fight very seriously. Planning his moves with each precious second. Using feints and clever tactics to try and gain every advantage. Akane was...smiling. She was having fun it seemed. While it is certainly not uncommon for fighters to enjoy their fights it normally comes after, because in the heat of a battle you are often focused on winning. And how to do so. If she was so...relaxed at the point in the fight it is doubtful she is even giving her full effort.

That was an idea I didn't like. No doubt Shen trained hard to be here. Just like everyone else. Even if Akane going all out would rob her and the crowd of her enjoyment, Shen deserved to fight her without holding back. After all, he is doing the same for her. It's a matter of respect. To make it all the way to the Tenkaichi Budokai and face someone who just plays with you well...it like being mocked.

At this point it would seem that the best hope Shen has is a grapple move which could perhaps throw Akane out of bounds. While not as satisfying as a KO it is certainly a valid tactic and planning and maneuvering are as important as strength in a fight.

"I wan't you to do me a favor Cedric. If we do end up fighting against each other. I want you to promise to hold nothing back as Akane is doing. Could you do that for me?" I asked hoping he would agree. I am certain he would however if asked directly.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Leon Church

Leon saw the situation as pretty ironic, really. That, or it just seemed like the punchline to some stupid joke or even stupider movie: magicians vs bodybuilding monk-athlete-whateverthey'recalled that can shoot lasers from their palms. The irony of this all was that many of these people—these contestants, who had sacrificed so many hours into physical and mental fitness for a day like this—were going to be going up against people like Leon... who just read books to be powerful. Truly, if he had known that reading books all day would make you strong enough to kick the ass of brolic jabronis in colored gis, Leon would've started reading these sort of magic books when he was young. Maybe even developed some new magical technique, but with what he had now, he was satisfied with one—make that three—wins. At least, so far.

The magician rolled his eyes as the introduction formalities were done, stepping out to the ring for all the cheering faces in the crowd to see them. After that was done, Leon exited the ring to watch the first fight — Tong Ao Shen was going up against Naitofaia Akane, apparently. He paid no mind to the fights, instead flipping through his spellbooks that he cycled through while idly walking around the crowd. To anyone who was looking, it seemed as if he was studying—which was partially true. Really, he was just writing down notes, and perhaps using the glowing ethereal books to hide his frightened face or laughter when he saw something funny. Everyone here looked like they were either born in a soup full of steroids, practitioners of some long lost martial art, or a combination of both, meaning they could easily break a twig like him in half with their pinky finger if they so chose.

As such... new objective, Leon: Don't get your ass crushed by these people. Keep a distance. Maybe you'll get through this just by reading. Ha ha ha ha!

He smiled slightly and snickered, stepping past more of the contestants as the fight played on in the background. While perusing the pages of the Dark Magic Book (that he'd only use if shit hit the fan), he happened to come across two other contestants: Mei Lin, and Cedric Swift, talking among one another about the fight in the background and other topics that had remained out of his earshot. Feeling some strange compulsive desire to enter into their conversation for no apparent reason, Cedrick waltzed over to the duo and closed his magical book, as if to grab their attention from the ensuing woomp. Smiling, Leon dismissed the magical book, watching as it disappeared into violet embers in his fingers. "Well, guys, if I end up fighting either one of you, I won't hold back anything. You can rest happy knowing that, I assure you. The name's Leon, if you were wondering. Leon Church. As far as I know, I'm the only magician here. Seems weird, yeah..."

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:46 pm

The feint I had attempted managed to get through Akane's defenses and for a moment as she was hunched over my knee. She quivered which I assumed my move had done the job and taken the break out of her. I would be lying if I said I didn't let out a small smile at this achievement. For a moment I had stunned the beast or so I thought...It seemed perfectly timed for when I attempted to bring down my elbow onto Akane's head she peered up straight into my eyes. As if mocking me at my failure there was a look of pure joy across my opponents face as she gazed up at me. In my moment of shock, Akane blasted off the ground with a flip kick aimed at straight at my chin. With Haste, I sidestepped the flip kick and watched Akane soar through the air before she landed and launched herself once more at me in a display I had never seen before. My opponent was diving headfirst at me in a dive.

Without thinking I rushed forward towards my diving opponent and when she neared I aerial flipped over her dive. As she flew under me I let out a breath of relief. If that move had connected I would have been done for and lying unconscious on the ring. After landing I shook off the chills I received from the thought being knocked unconscious. It was at this moment that I came to the conclusion that If I continued to only attack then disengage I wouldn't be the one benefitting from it but rather Akane. It seemed this woman had a power that I could not match whatsoever... With a deep sigh, I rushed forward towards Akane and proceeded to launch into a torrent of punches and kicks at my opponent.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015

Postby Sterkistan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Occus
The Plains, near the Tenkaichi Budokai

Occus had only been on this new world for barely 7 days and already she knew it was rife with treasures and mystical artifacts. The capsule she held in her hands was unlike anything she had seen. And the mysterious cloak she had wrapped around herself, which was actually a bedsheet someone had hung out to dry, seemed to possess much power. Occus traipsed alongside the dirt road, following the oddly busy flow of traffic. She threw the capsule away, it's level-of-engagement waining. And she looked up, seeing the trickle of people driving down this road had turned into a flock of cars and people, seeking to get somewhere. As she picked up her pace, seeking to discover the source of the crowd, she heard a tremendous roar.

She practically ran toward the source, this could be incredibly exciting. Her food senses were also firing rapidly, there would have to be delicacies in such a heavily populated place. Her speed got he there in practically no time, and she stood, looking toward the front gate, where the cue to enter was colossal. Occus decided that it would be incredibly boring to wait in the crowd, and made her way around the side, stretching her legs and leaping to the top of the outer wall, and then up further to the top of the grandstand, giggling at her own ingenuity the whole way up.

She was taken aback at the sight from the top of the grandstand, what she thought was a wall was so much more, seats spread downward to a clearing and back up the other side. And speaking of the clearing, there were two people fighting dead in the centre. Were these people here to watch these two fight?
"Ooooooooooh!" Occus exclaimed, slotting herself into a seat like those around her, her body wobbling with excitement underneath the stolen bedsheet-cloak.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 am

"This is a grand opportunity for the Hawthorne Clan Fredrick, A Hawthorne hasn't been in the Tenkaichi Budokai for a long time."

Fredrick's Father's words echoed through his mind as he stood on the grassy area of the arena and watched the first match. That statement was very true. The last Hawthorne to participate in the Tenkaichi Budokai was his long deceased Grandfather, Niles, who competed in the tournament and won in his 40s. He remembered his Father telling him how his victory brought great honor to the already prestigious Hawthorne Clan, now here h e was decades later following in his Grandfather's footsteps. As he looked around the stadium, he caught a glimpse of two old men in the front row. One of them had a handlebar mustache and was wearing a white shirt, suspenders, and a red bow tie. The second man was thinner, more sophisticated old man wearing a red smoking jacket, a bowler hat, and thin bifocal glasses These men were his Father, Horace and his trainer, the esteemed martial artist Sir Watson. He waved at the men and they waved back. He then turned and watched the current fight, observing the two fighter closely, memorizing their moves. Before he had entered the tournament, Sir Watson advised to watch his opponents closely and to memorize their moves and make notes on how to counter them. Both fighters seemed capable, but it did not take a genius to see that the Female was holding back somehow. Fredrick then proceeded to rub his chin, as if in thought as he whispered to himself,

" Hmm, mayhaps i should keep a closer eye on the young lady. She seems to the more capable fighter in this match."

He then turned to look at the rest of his fellow tournament fighters, who were also watching the fight. He had made it a custom to introduce himself to his fellow tournament fighters as a sort of custom before his matches, stating that it was good to be on good terms with the person you were fighting rather then making an enemy out of him. He approached to fighters who seemed to be in a middle of a conversation. After a few moments of hesitation, he politely cleared his throat and said to the two with a voice that had a Upper-Class tone to it,

'' Good Morning. I figured since we might be opponents soon, it would be best to properly introduce myself now instead of waiting for the announcer to do so. My name is Fredrick Hawthorne."
He then extended his hand to the two for a handshake.
Last edited by Shark isle on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:37 am

Mei was quick to start pushing Cedric to a corner. Hearing that Akane is clearly holding back against Tong, she suddenly requested the raven-haired warrior to not dare to do the same to her. The martial artist looked down at his fellow competitor, a slight tint of worry in his eyes flashing for a few seconds before those were shaken away and Cedric gave a firm nod.

"I'd do a disservice to myself, not just you, if I tried to hold back. And to Master Ramen, too. He does not train your average martial artist, he's the type of man to want me to aim for the top..."

The conversation between Cedric and Mei was soon to fade out, however, as two new arrivals suddenly joined both of them at the lounges, and from what the martial artist could recall, both of them were competitors in the Tenkaichi Budokai much like him. One was Leon, whose entire aesthetic immediately hinted that he was a magician first and foremost, while the other was Fredrick Hawthorne, more resembling your typical martial artist. The raven-haired warrior responded with a polite bow and a reply:

"Nice to meet you both. My name is Cedric, and she is Mei." before turning to Leon specifically, smiling. "Be careful, I'm not sure if they're gonna allow you to bring those books to the match - I know that my sword wasn't allowed. So you might need to cast all those spells of yours off the top of your head."

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Months of working late nights, eating little more than what could be microwaved in a few seconds or just delivered, and Evan had a rough design for what he wanted to improve upon in the future. This was little more than a working proof of concept. Depending on how the tournament played out would determine how to best advance with the cybernetics and computer systems. Weapons weren't allowed, which worked, as he didn't have any ideas for those at the moment. At none that didn't involve lethal force, and he wasn't trying to kill anyone, just work on a personal project.

Actually trying to get the suit to be able to participate was harder than expected, but after it was looked over, most likely by people who had very little idea what they were looking at, had determined that the suit had no weapons beyond punching and kicking if he was daring, as well as greasing a good few palms to bolster the prize pool a little more to reinforce that this had absolutely nothing to do with money, was Evan allowed to actually use the armor in the tournament. Now he just had to run some final diagnostics and make sure that it would work. He'd worn it before, but usually only an individual limb or two to make sure they weren't snap his much squishier organic ones. The suit opened through the back, the hydraulics letting out that all too familiar hiss.

His legs comfortably fit into the bottom half and the armor sealed shut when his whole body was safely inside. The HUD lit up as his head popped into the helmet. The first few steps were a little clumsy, but after almost losing his balance, it started to make a bit more sense. Let the suit do the heavy lifting, he just had to guide it. He smiled, examining the arms moving them around and turning them over. It felt... Good? Not natural, not yet. there was some clunk that definitely needed to be hammered out.

Normally, someone else would be concerned with putting the only working prototype of his invention in harm's way. But he already had the information and materials needed to create another. Building the armor was trivial, he needed raw data. Information, on how to best improve the armor and allow for the fullest range of motion. And what better way to do it than analyse the actions of the best martial artists on the planet? That, and putting his armor in the way of achieving that rather large cash reward. That would be the best stress test he could perform.

He didn't expect to win. He didn't even expect to make it past a second battle. It's unlikely the armor would hold together if the warriors were as strong as implied, but that didn't matter to him. His father, before he passed, always insisted that when it came to science, and most things in life for that matter: Failure taught more than success. Which he truly believed. If this suit, by some miracle, came out as the victor of the tournament, he'd be extremely disappointed. He would have learned nothing, and that meant more to him than any amount of money.

He clanked his way out into the waiting area where several other warriors were gathered, but kept quiet. Hopefully not too much of a stink would be made about his technical use of "weapons".

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:08 pm

Akane

Catching herself in the air as Shen jumped over her, Akane landed on all fours like an animal. Turning around towards Shen, she looked into his eyes and saw a look of desperation and maybe even a hint of fear. Smiling wickedly, Akane got back up on her feat and ran towards Shen as he charged, straight into his barrage of punches and kicks. She slowly began to ramp up her speed as she blocked most of the combo, allowing a few attacks to strike her in order to get a small bit of a ki boost. Finally, Shen seemed to slow down a bit, meaning that it was her turn for a show.

Blasting around Shen at close to her maximum speed, she delivered a rapid combo to the base of Shen's head and his upper spine. The soul seemed to leave the other fighters body, but he was clearly still in some capacity conciouss. Speeding back around to the front of her opponent, Akane caught him from falling forward from her combo and held him up by the neck. Granted, Akane holding him as high as she could meant that he was only about an inch of the ground, but it was enough for her choke hold to work. Akane delivered one more rapid combo to Shen's gut before tossing him into the stadium floor like an unintersting toy. Keeping an eye on him until the count was up, Akane circled the arena until the bell was rung. Smiling she beat her chest and gestured to the crowd, being rewarded with a loud cheer and a few screams of adoration. Hirai just snorted and looked away, in his usual fashion of teasing her. Jumping off the stage, she walked over to the group that was forming around Mei Lin and Cedric.

"Damn, this is more fun than I thought it would be. Do you guys know who is on next?"

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Theo, The Lightning God
What a time to be alive! He'd made it so far into the Tenkaichi Budokai after years of watching from an electronic screen and here he was standing with his own two feet after making so far into the tournament. Minor bruises and scrapes dotted his body but they were nothing more then a badge of honor for this moment. Some past opponents were tough yes but he expected better challengers as the heir to the Raishin Style. He was sitting in the stands next to several other fighters but not close enough to hear what they were saying. One was a fellow with upright hair and a sword and the other a woman with her hair tied up in buns. They looked strong indeed. Theo watched the ongoing match while chucking handfuls of honeyed cashews he'd bought to his mouth. One appeared to be a normal martial arts fighter but the female competitor intrigued him as there was a certain ferocity to her fighting style. It eerily reminded him of how he could sometimes be in matches. Once the fight concluded there was a small intermission for the crowd which was Theo's cue to go for his time to shine. He dropped his hat and jacket where he was sitting shortly before and with a single bound dropped to the arena's level.

"Damn, this is more fun than I thought it would be. Do you guys know who is on next?"

"That would be me, Theodoric or Theo for short," said Theo to the small crowd calmly walking to the arena. He waved them off as a gesture of camaraderie.

"The second round is about to commence ladies and gentlemen! Would everyone aside from Theodoric Stebbins and Leon Church please exit the ring and take positions around the arena! Prepare yourselves as the tournament can only go crazier from here!"

A white shirt battered from previous matches contrasted a peculiar feature of his: a long fur covered tail tightly wrapped around his waist acting as a impromptu belt. Theo went to the center of the arena and looked at his opponent and contrary to his expectation of a martial artists in his prime like the ones he had fought before instead was a quite skinny and narrow man. Did they let just anyone into the tournament these days? Well that was no matter after all it was time for a warm up. Ki energy crackled around him like electric snakes as he shifted his body gracefully into his stance.

"Showtime!," shouted Theo with every syllable sending more crackling energy around him.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:44 pm

Leon Church

Leon stopped flipping through the pages of one of his other magical spellbooks, dismissing it with a snap of his fingers. "Oh, this? It looks like a book, but it's another spell. As casting them off the top of my head? Well, it's of cake, really." He laughed to himself, putting his hands in his pocket. He was in the right, though. The magical books didn't serve any real purpose except for looking cool, really, but if he wanted to switch to a different spell, he'd have to switch books—as it stood now, he couldn't use two different kinds of spells at the same time. Maybe if he practiced more, he'd be able to do that. Luckily for Leon, he had become an expert in switching between books, so that was practically muscle memory.

"What I'm super scared about are the big honchos that look like they bench press cows and eat a bowl of steroids every day," Leon noted, pointing to one in particular—a man with a scarred face who bounded into the arena after dropping his hat and jacket. Of course, he wasn't spilling any weaknesses about himself—they'd only know that he was pretty much done for if he was in close range, but had the advantage when some good room was between him and his opponent. Maybe the Mobility Book would come in handy this time for something aside from teleporting around..

Leon shrugged his shoulders. "Hm. Wonder when I'm going up."

"Would everyone aside from Theodoric Stebbins and Leon Church please exit the ring and take positions around the arena!"

"Shit."

Leon sighed and waved his acquaintances goodbye, stepping towards the ring with the crowd's shouting beaming down all over him. He wasn't really nervous as much as he was concerned about his safety. For all he cared, one hit would mean game over for quite a long time. Hopefully he wouldn't have to rely on shields and mobility spells so much and tire the guy out. Maybe an opportunity would present itself that would let him use some of his more powerful destructive spells.

The guy he was going up against, Theodoric, was some imposing guy with some strange markings or scars on his face and a long fur-covered tail wrapped around his waist, almost like a belt. He wasn't sure what the tail was for, but he'd met some weird people in his time in West City, so it didn't seem too far fetched. Leon's figure contrasted starkly with Theodoric's muscular build and martial artist gear. Suit and all, jacket, and, well, his lanky build. Still, though...he was confident about lasting a long time...right?

Time to find out.

Red magical aura shone around Leon's body as he accessed the Destruction Book, channeling the magical energy into his hands. "Alright. Let's just see how fast you are, for starters. Magic Missile!"

Shouting the name of one of his most signature (and annoying) attacks, Leon thrust his right hand forward, palm open, and fired three homing darts of magical energy at the man. They weren't anything powerful by themselves and pierced through opponents, allowing him to hit clumped up groups without seriously damaging whoever or whatever he was targeting, like what would happen if a real bullet hit someone. The fact that they were so quick, could pierce through people, and could be spammed were probably why people called this his most "annoying" move.

"Alright, try dodging this!" Leon cried out, trying to prod his opponent's speed, but not so much durability, since the Magic Missiles were quite weak, but agile. Anticipating the worst possible outcome, Leon quickly switched over to his Protection Book, balled both his fists and pulled them away from his chest, as if he were ripping open his shirt dramatically, producing a magical shield around his body. Obviously, this wasn't going to last against sustained pounding or blasts, but it was better than nothing.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:49 pm

Turmenista wrote:Leon Church

Theo, The Lightning God
So they're letting magicians into the Tenkaichi Budokai now where they? That was disappointment to some level as part of the appeal of martial art was going against people who had honed and battered themselves just as much as you had and the seeing who came out on top. That's what the tournament should've been about not some organized brawl where anyone and their grandmother could throw their fists in. Nevertheless, no point in worrying abut that now as his opponent had taken the initiative and fired some magic missiles at him. Dozens of them in fact. No time for breaths as there was only time for action now.

"LIGHTNING FLASH!", yowled Theodoric in a booming voice. There could no wasted time. Raishin Style's signature technique which had carried him through the entire tournament so far and he wanted to get this fight over with. The moment before the magical missile hit him his outward fist crackled with electricity and a bursting aura. Electric Ki snaked around his arm's length lashing out randomly at the ground leaving scars of burnt ash in their wake. Like a javelin he was propelled forward by the ki at a blinding speed leaving the magic missiles far behind him in his dust. The recognizable crackling of electricity were mere echoes at the speed he went and as he was right upon the newly summoned shield of his opponent Theo's fist was encircled by Ki and it plunged right at the center of the shield with tremendous force.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:38 am

And thus, in a swift combination of brutal attacks, the fight was over, much like Cedric had predicted. Shen, despite all of the effort he put into the match, got taken down and Akane stepped out as the victor, faced with several cheers from the arena and the crowds watching the match. The raven-haired warrior formed a faint frown during the end of the fight - it was far from easy on the eyes to watch - but, once the woman walked to their group, he responded with a polite nod regardless.

"The next match should be announced..." Cedric was about to respond, only to get cut off by the blaring voice of the announcer calling for Theo and Leon to step into the ring. "...that one. My name's Cedric, by the way, nice to meet you."

This also means that out of Akane, Leon and Theo, I will only get to face one of them in the finals, since that will put me in the second half of the bracket. Which was good to hear. Akane, at the very least, seemed intimidating enough to be a difficult opponent. Cedric folded his arms as he turned to the fight, instantly opening up with a flashy start, Leon opening fire with several magic missiles and Theo activating a some sort of electric-related technique to burst forward at incredible speeds - what caught the martial artist's eye, however, was one peculiar thing about Theo.

The tail...

Wrapped around Theo's waist like a belt and resembling that of a monkey, his tail looked exactly like the one Cedric used to have in his childhood - before it was forcefully removed. Neither his parents nor Master Ramen explained to him exactly why he suddenly lost it after falling to sleep in the family back garden, but both of them assured that it was for something really important. And if Theo over here has the exact same appendage... this means that Cedric wasn't somehow unique in having once had one.

The martial artist's eyes turned towards Mei, Fredrick and Akane, and he raised the question:

"Hey, uh... this question might sound weird, but people with tails like Theo's is not common, right?"

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Akane

Akane watched as Theo and Leon took the ring. The pair interested her to say the least, both of their fighting styles were completely foreign to her. Theo appeared to be diving straight into ki techniques while Leon seemed to have some other sort of mystical power. It was an interesting match to say the least, and considering this was a standard tournament structure, she would have to face one of them in the next round. Of the two, she would probably prefer Theo. He seemed like more of an actual challenge and she knew the source of his power. Leon on the other hand was a wild card. Who knows what he could pull out from the books he was reading earlier.

Listening to the man who had introduced himself as Cedric. Looking up, she also noticed that like herself, Theo had a rather large bushy tail, much like that of the common monkey. She also noticed that meant that Cedric hadn't noticed her own tail, worn around her waist like a belt. Unconciously tightening it to make it seem less like something attached to her, she merely shook her head and said "Never heard of it before? Maybe it's a... what's the word.. janatic condition? In any case it's probably not a big deal, I cant see something like a tail giving any sort of actual advantage."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse