NATION

PASSWORD

GAMA: Redux [OOC] [SEMI-CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Xing
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Nationstates Name: Xing
Character Name: Leon Klein
Character Age: 12
Character Image: Klein
Character Nationality: American
Character Short Bio (at least a couple paragraphs): Leon and his "brother" Jack were brought into this world through a project manifested by one of GAMA's more clandestine branches. The project was envisioned with the goal of fostering an elite candidate pool for Valkyries by manufacturing them rather than recruiting from the public. Starting immediately from their conception, GAMA has been all that they have ever known and could be considered the closest thing they ever had to a family. Drill instructors the closest thing they have to fathers, engineers and medical staff as their mothers.

Leon was always the more expressive of the two as they grew up. Where Jack would take most of their lessons seriously, Leon would be more apt to speak up and made it a point to sate his curiosity through questions. When training he would go out of his way to put extra effort forth just for the sake of putting himself in the limelight and stand out. When they were given free time, Leon would often drag Jack along on their adventures throughout the base. Whether that adventure happened to be sneaking off to the engineering bay where they'd be given engineering paper and pencils as drawing supplies, or venturing out to the edge of the tarmac just to see the greenery on the outside.

Once they were old enough to begin their training and augmentation as pilots, Leon began to take his newfound "job" very seriously. His passionate, dreamer attitude clung fast to the idea of being one of the saviors of mankind by stopping the monsters that threatened to wipe them from the earth. Whereas he was otherwise enthusiastic and friendly with his fellow pilots, he became just as prone to chastise them if they slacked off. In his head his intentions are good, however he is prone to becoming over zealous at times.
RP Sample (a link to one of your posts in another RP): See the previous thread of Gama
Theme Song (entirely optional): This one technically applies for both

MACE Picture/Description: Castor
MACE Model Name: EM-15 Oracle
MACE Nickname/Reporting name: Castor
Height (Cannot exceed 6m/20ft): 16 ft.
Weight(approx.): 35 tons
Equipment: head mounted scanning unit outfitted with radar, thermal, and sonar capabilities, used in city clearing operations to scan wide areas for signs of infected and/or survivors.
Weaponry: 20mm MACE-class assault rifle, 6x MACE fragmentation grenades, 4-tube anti-tank missile launcher (mounted in the shield)
Defensive measures: Arm-mounted shield, mounts onto shoulder when not in use.
Other features:

Nationstates Name: Xing
Character Name: Jack O'Brien
Character Age: 12
Character Image: O'Brien
Character Short Bio (at least a couple paragraphs): Jack and his "brother" Leon were brought into this world through a project manifested by one of GAMA's more clandestine branches. The project was envisioned with the goal of fostering an elite candidate pool for Valkyries by manufacturing them rather than recruiting from the public. Starting immediately from their conception, GAMA has been all that they have ever known and could be considered the closest thing they ever had to a family. Drill instructors the closest thing they have to fathers, engineers and medical staff as their mothers.

While Leon was the more people-oriented of the two, Jack was more prone to keep his thoughts to himself. He was very studious during lessons, and his training scores always exceeded what was expected of him, however he wasn't one to draw attention to it. And even if one of his teachers made a point to do so, he would always remain stoic so as to avoid unnecessary notice. He did thoroughly enjoy being brought along on Leon's adventures, but where he would be prone to communicating and picking the brains of those around him, Jack was more prone to wander in close proximity, musing at various books or objects that caught his fancy.

As a pilot Jack is much more laid back than his compatriot. While he will always ensure the job is done in the end, he isn't likely to go above and beyond the expected objective. As for Leon's chastising, he saw it more as an amusing opportunity for some teasing. In reality he is just as guilty as his comrades however his quiet nature allows him to go unnoticed to Leon.
RP Sample (a link to one of your posts in another RP): Same as above
Theme Song (entirely optional):

MACE Picture/Description: Pollux
MACE Model Name: ZM-26 Bulwark
MACE Nickname/Reporting name: Pollux
Height (Cannot exceed 6m/20ft): 20 ft.
Weight(approx.): 60 tons
Equipment:
Weaponry: 2x 50mm MACE-class shotgun, 2x HE rocket-propelled grenades, 2x 128mm shoulder cannons
Defensive measures: The Pollux's hull consists of an improved Chobham composite able to withstand most intermittent attacks.
Other features:
The Reincarnated Empire of Xing, back in the flesh.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:06 pm

Nationstates Name: Sudbrazil
Character Name: Edward Gallagher Smith
Character Age: 19
Character Image: Smith during his training
Character Short Bio:
Edward Gallagher Smith was born to a family of military tradition in Ancorage, Alaska. Though he was born during the initial wave of attacks, he had a relatively average life for his younger years due to the absence of important infrastructure in Alaska along with its small population. Nevertheless, as supplies from the mainland became scarcer and attacks started popping up in the borders of the state, life began to grow tougher and tougher. Despite attempts at maintaining normality, supermarket shelves emptied, and more and more greenhouses sprung up in an effort to feed the Alaskan population as well as large numbers of refugees.
Aiming to enlist into the service, Edward joined the Young Marines program as soon as opportunity presented itself. As the military grew desperate the youth organisation quickly turned into a paramilitary group, and he found himself being whisked away for a few days, working as logistics and support for frontline troops. Sometimes, the rear would be the victim of surprise bombings and attacks. In most of these occasions, Smith performed well, coming face to face with death more often than he was comfortable with. This performance, however, did not go unnoticed. At 16 years of age, his section was approached by GAMA, who seeked more recruits. Gallagher, who was eager to participate in more serious fighting, accepted. After several years of training, he now finds himself in the midst of this peculiar war.
RP Sample: Fractured: A Shattered World. Posts start on second page.
Theme Song:

MACE Picture/Description:VT-97B with optional IR searchlight
MACE Model Name: Tank, Vertical, Model 97B “Atlas” (VT-97B Atlas)
MACE Nickname/Reporting name: Sentinel
Height: 6 metres
Weight(approx.): 13.5 metric tonnes.
Equipment:
    Lockheed Martin M-TADS/PNVS Sensor pod
    HAVE QUICK radio datalink system (capable of link 16 comms)
    Halon fire suppression system
    Infrared searchlight
    Radar & fire control system
Weaponry:
    1 × General Dynamics M197 20mm rotary cannon w/rate reducer device (thoracic mount, 1,200 rounds)
    6 × arm-mounted missile tubes (often armed with adapted AGM-114 Hellfires)
    2 × five-finger arm mounted manipulators (lifting weight of 3.25 metric tonnes)
Defensive measures:
    Modular composite armor
    Passive and active ECM systems
    Blowout panels for M61 helical ammo storage
    Ejection seat
    8 × Chaff/smoke launchers
Other features:
Nuclear, Biological & Chemical protection
Compartment for personal affairs & survival kit
External storage racks with extra battery, parts, ammunition & maintenance equipment
Last edited by Sudbrazil on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:21 pm

Monfrox wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:snip

Rupudska wrote:snipe

Accepted. Good apps. I tried not to limit the MACE tech level to give you guys more freedom but this does look rather pleasant.

Although I'm curious to how Casey's marksmanship can transfer to her MACE.

I imagine our characters individual skills will more shape how they use their mechs than actually help pilot them.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:03 am

I'm still going over the apps but of course Xing is accepted because Xing is my undying co-op for this RP.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:04 am

Not my best app, but I want to get this over with.

Nationstates Name: Wolfenium
Character Name: Yasmine Mohajerani/Yasmine Pahlavi
Character Age: 21
Character Image:

Character Nationality: Iranian-American
Character Short Bio (at least a couple paragraphs): A third-generation diaspora living outside the despotic rule of the Ayatollahs, Yasmine is not the most normal of people. The fourth in a set of quintuplets from Westwood Boulevard, Los Angeles - or Persian Square as known to the local Iranian community - Yasmina had long been a preppy, excitable ball of sunshine. In the growing atmosphere of hate and prejudice against an ancestral land she had never set foot on, Yasmina had always seemed to get it together somehow. But even the apocalyptic waves of infected were too much for her and her sisters to handle, and her eldest sister, Reyhan, joined GAMA to fight against both the infected hordes and the malicious groups behind them. Eventually, all five became part of the organization, though posted into separate units by their operating roles (only Reyhan and Yasmine are pilots) and theatres. And while her typical cheery exterior appeared dampened by the grim realities facing her, Yasmine still holds on to the hope that someday, humanity will prevail.

Unknown to all but her most senior commanders, however, Yasmine was not just an unusually preppy girl. The granddaughter of Prince Patrick Ali Pahlavi (son of Prince Ali Reza and nephew of Shah Mohammed Reza), Yasmine and her sisters belong to the last ruling dynasty of Iran. However, despite their collective ineligibility for her grandfather's Franco-Polish mother, their association with the monarchy had often left them deeply uncomfortable. Following Reyhan's lead and wishing to avoid media attention, Yasmine used her alias as Yasmine Mohajerani to hide her royal descent. Nonetheless, her background as an Iranian exile was sure to attract heat from the Tehran government, who themselves may both be in support of the plague-releasing terrorists, and a target of rival groups of such.
RP Sample (a link to one of your posts in another RP): No. :3
Theme Song (entirely optional): -

MACE Picture/Description: Here
MACE Model Name: M12HC MacArthur (Heavy Common Type)
MACE Nickname/Reporting name: Sunshine
Height (Cannot exceed 6m/20ft): 6m
Weight(approx.): 22 tons
Equipment: Artillery Gun Pack or Recon Pack
Weaponry: 30mm Autocannon, 140mm Long Range Artillery Gun
Defensive measures: Titanium Pavise
Other features: Composite Armour
Last edited by Wolfenium on Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:47 pm

You know I wonder how Casey and Nadya are going to react to each other. I figure it'll be either "hey look someone who I can finally relate too" or an example of "even X has standards."

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:09 pm

Wolf, your app looks good.

Vanq, nix the jet turbines. I’m fine with small dodge boosts like from Titanfall but sustained flight is not gonna work on that.
Last edited by Monfrox on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:17 pm

Nixed that shit
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:59 pm

My application is finished. Looking for an image took me longer than expected.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:14 pm

Okay, so this app feels kinda aaaa but Imma put it up here and see what I need to change to make it work.

Application

Nationstates Name: Spindle

Character Name: Ralph Rowell

Image:

Nationality: British, but only technically

Bio: A child was born into the Fall of York, fifteen minutes after GAMA had finally broken the Northern Federation's defences. Within an hour of his birth he was alone in an abandoned ward, screaming over the ear-rending thunder of weapons as the fighting devolved into bitter block-by-block attempts to push the Federation back. It would be hours of fighting still until the fighting moved over his position and he was picked up by a retreating Federation unit. Raised high as a makeshift banner, he was taken through the thick of it until the final brutal fighting around the Guildhall where he was finally retrieved by GAMA and brought into their Valkryie programme. It would prove to be a fitting start for his life.

In the initial fitness tests his inner ear issues were discovered, and presumed to be a result of spending so long as a newborn in the vicinity of a particularly bitter battle. This was considered an acceptable issue, to be solved if he survived the initial round of procedures, and so he the initial hormonal, genetic and physiological adjustments were made to his body. Adjusting remarkably well, he was scheduled for a number of inner-ear operations which aimed to not only return his hearing and balance but also improve them beyond the human baseline. While this worked well enough for his hearing, his balance proved far harder to fix and it seemed that he would never be cut out for a MACE pilot, despite his body's receptiveness to the procedures.

As such, this put him in an unusual situation - perfectly capable of accepting the augmentations but incapable of using them. The outcome was simple - he was a guinea pig, to be used as a testing ground for the latest bioaugmentations. These caught up to him fast, and by his first birthday he had undergone dozens of surgical procedures to remove or replace or repair some organ or appendage. But he yielded results, and with his success other such infants were obtained and put to use in order to advance the science needed to push the Valkries further forwards. And it worked. The augmentations improved, became safer, became cheaper. The pilots were stronger, faster, smarter, better.

It was worth it.

And so they continued, and step by bloody step they pushed the limits of science back. Until, two years into the project, they made a breakthrough with neural-electric feedback interfaces and needed something to test it on. After a number of unsuccessful attempts, they decided that the child who had started it all should be used. With a gyroscope strapped to his body and linked into his mind they waited to see what would happen. If their device worked, it was hoped the child's balance would improve - hopefully perceptibly. If it didn't, they'd just have to clean up and move on once more.

The device exceeded all of their expectations. Within a handful of years neural links were being prototyped for widespread deployment, and the child was discovered to have military use once more. Now in the middle ground between lab rat and soldier-in-training, he still found he was a testbed - though now these were primarily limited to modifying his prosthetics and working on the neural interfaces - but he finally had something he never realised had been kept from him. A name. It was awkward, heavy in his mouth and strange to use but it was his and he would often just repeat it to himself over and over, trying to get it right.

He began his Valkryie training before long, discovering true social interactions for the first time in his life. He fared poorly with them, and often felt more at ease simply sitting by himself than with other people. This was, of course, a flaw which was focused on with laserlike intensity by his teachers, but although they managed to drill teamwork into him the deeper parts of his psyche proved difficult to reach. Eventually, when it became apparent his social ineptitude wasn't going anywhere, his superiors resigned themselves mostly to token efforts to dislodge it.

It didn't help that much of his regular social time was interrupted by experimentation. As the oldest of a tiny handful of lab-rats-turned-Valkyries he proved to be exceedingly useful as source of information, given how comprehensive a baseline they had to work with. As such he was passingly familiar with the controls of a MACE even before simulation-testing had begun with the other children, and his growing ease in the pilot seat did nothing but isolate him further from the rest of those around him. When the input and output jacks for neural interfaces were eventually standardised between his prosthetics and the mechs, he could find himself simply sitting in one for hours as he optimised its settings and took in the ever-increasing richness his world took on with his mind taking on sensor data from the vehicle.

As he aged, second- generation neural interfaces came and went and eventually the third-generation needed designing. With Ralph approaching active service it was decided that he would continue to serve as a guinea-pig even in combat, operating a testbed mech intended to see just how far the new generation of interfaces could be pushed. Introduced to the HC0 from ten he took to it like a duck to water, revelling at just how it felt like a second skin and nothing more - moving with him, seeing with him, feeling with him. While there certainly were teething issues - some currently unresolvable, such as the adoption of damage reports as physical pain - the HC0 did surprisingly well for itself and, after his initial live-fire exercises at age twelve, the HC1 began a limited construction run as third-generation neural interfaces began to replace their second-generation predecessors. Now, two years into his combat record, Ralph is still a testbed for GAMA's latest technology - body, mind and soul.

RP Sample: Yeet

MACE Callsign: Hamrammr/Rammer

Image:

Model Name: Huay Chivo Mk. 0

Height: Approximately four metres forty

Weight: Around eighteen to twenty-one tonnes, depending on specific loadout.

Equipment: For its role as light scout and skirmisher, the HC0 is most equipped with two squat sensor drones on its shoulders. These can help to bolster its own battlefield awareness or detach and provide an aerial view for other areas. These drones are themselves capable of deploying up to six hand-sized spider units each, for access to areas where either stealth or space prevent their larger mothers from operating. These can also be detonated in extreme circumstances, although the explosions are small and lack penetrating power.

Weaponry: As it was not originally intended for intense combat the HC0 still lacks particularly heavy weaponry, relying primarily on its left-handed 75 mm cannon for most of its long-ranged attacks. However, as there is not sufficient bracing, the cannon is inaccurate at long and medium-long ranges and is often replaced with a twin-barrelled 25mm autocannon, which suffers similar issues but attempts to make up for them with volume of fire. This severely limits the combat time the HC0 can see however, as there is extremely limited space for ammunition. A coaxial 7.62 machine gun is integrated into both weapons.

On the opposing hand, the HC0 has a more human assemblage intended for use as a utility appendage or with a MACE-scale melee weapon. This is most commonly a spear of some kind, as the extended range is useful for keeping infected out of striking distance of the relative fragile mech. However, it can also be used to hold MACE-scaled pistols or submachine guns if ranged engagement is considered particularly important for a mission. Whatever the loadout, there is an emergency flamethrower located under the wrist, and though it only has ninety seconds of continual flaming it can reach a potential maximum distance of a hundred metres.

Defences: The HC0 has incredibly limited defensive capabilities, relying on avoiding heavy fighting through retreats, passive and active avoidance of enemies and the measured use of what firepower it does possess. While it is rarely actually has its front plate removed, missions which necessitate the absolute minimum in terms of weight may see it and a number of others removed to leave the HC0 desperately under-armoured. Even with its full load of armour, however, it is far from well-armoured and can only be assured of safety against small arms and light explosives before finding itself under threat once again. While this is not, in theory, an issue, it can often force the HC0 out of any engagement which picks up in intensity beyond the absolute baseline it is designed for.

Features: In order to help maximise stealth as much as humanly possible the HC0 has a number of passive stealthing features intended to give it a relatively small detection bubble, including pervasive noise and shock dampers throughout its body, radiation-absorbent materials to mitigate IR, visual and EMDAR detection from humans and infected and muzzle suppressors to obfuscate the vehicle's exact position if and when it needs to open fire. Finally, sensor feedback is relayed to the pilot partially through traditional R-HUDs and conscious neural linkage and partially through subconscious neural integration, which also manages a number of commands from the pilot to the MACE, in order to improve pilot perception of the surrounding battlespace and decrease pilot-to-mech lag.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:04 pm

Nationstates Name: Castelia
Character Name: Michael Corvin
Character Age: 18
Character Image:

Character Short Bio (at least a couple paragraphs): Born in San Jose, California, Michael's early life was wrought with suffering and destruction. Although both of his parents had survived the destruction of San Jose, it was difficult to raise a child in the ruins of a city. He had grown up accustomed to the sight of dead and dying people, spending most of time with his parents scavenging whatever they could to survive. They were fortunate enough to have been accepted into a small group of survivors who looked out for each other, and it was because of this that Michael had survived what so many other less fortunate souls did not.

On the year 2037, at the young age of 8, Michael and the rest of the survivors were finally rescued by GAMA, and the young Michael became impressed by what he saw of the organization. He would later be recruited into GAMA's ranks, undergoing training to become one of its pilots. Though he mostly delivered average results across all areas of his training, he was considered good enough to actually be a pilot, and would now participate in the fight to liberate humanity.

True to his skill set, Michael is an all-around fighter, excelling at nothing but not lacking in any area either. This makes him a flexible pilot able to take on roles that required flexibility and multiple skill sets, though he's usually "good enough" and never "outstanding". If anything, he's the average elite in a group of elites. As for his personality, Michael is friendly, happy-go-lucky, and prefers to talk things through before resorting to fighting, but he's a guy who's got his comrades' back.

RP Sample (a link to one of your posts in another RP): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=459391&start=525#p35504625
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=460618#p35401454
Theme Song (entirely optional):

MACE Picture/Description:

MACE Model Name: Hyperion Industries Model SE-416
MACE Nickname/Reporting name: Broadsword
Height (Cannot exceed 6m/20ft): 20 ft
Weight(approx.): 17 tons
Equipment: Mini cameras mounted in various points of the MACE to allow 360 degree view of the battlefield, T-20 stabilizer and thruster systems to allow rapid movement
Weaponry: Retractable twin blades on both forearms for close combat, modular systems on both shoulders for mountings (typically autocannon pods, a heavy artillery gun, or missile pods for offense, chaff launchers, electric pods, spare ammunition modules for support), a handheld MX-15 25 mm assault rifle
Defensive measures: ECM pod, optical camouflage, composite armor plate
Other features: Ejection seat
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:41 am

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Nationstates Name: The Knockout Gun Gals
Character Name: Sayaya Sakamoto
Character Age: 17
Character Image:
Character Nationality: Japanese
Character Short Bio (at least a couple paragraphs):

Born on 2030 in Sapporo, Sayaya had a rather tense childhood. Since 2030 there was a coordinated attacks on the world, that hit Sapporo as well. Her father, a US Army lieutenant stationed in Japan, was promoted as Sapporo's US Army post after the attacks on United States. Sapporo had prepared for the worst, but they never anticipated the EMP attack and then with the chaos with the population. Sapporo was not the first to fall, as they held out for weeks, but eventually they lost all of the control over the city. Her father, her mother, and herself alongside several hundreds survivors and what remains of soldiers fled Sapporo and went into the rural areas of Hokkaido where they joined with the resistances.

Casualties were big on those days, her mother lost hers when her scavenger mission turned ugly. She was 10 when that happened, and already joined the resistance as message bearer. Fortunately, she was rescued by GAMA and soon was enlisted within the GAMA. The next 7 years was cruel and harsh, though she passed with above average scores, it was noted that she prefers close combat and mid range.
RP Sample (a link to one of your posts in another RP):
viewtopic.php?p=35189758#p35189758
viewtopic.php?p=34520179#p34520179
viewtopic.php?p=34063748#p34063748
Theme Song (entirely optional): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBewFAFDnPs

MACE Picture/Description:
MACE Model Name: Hyperion V3
MACE Nickname/Reporting name: Ajax
Height (Cannot exceed 6m/20ft): 5m
Weight(approx.): 18 tons
Equipment: Extensive close combat equipment
Weaponry: Hyperion Arm Machine Guns on both arms, Forearm blades
Defensive measures: Electric-shock armor, optical camouflage
Other features: Infrared/Night vision
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Alright, I'll be at these apps and give you all my full result before the morning tomorrow.

Achievement

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:12 pm

Monfrox wrote:Alright, I'll be at these apps and give you all my full result before the morning tomorrow.

Many thanks!
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:11 am

If I haven't talked to you before or you haven't been accepted before, you are accepted now.

Spindle, a word. If you want your character to continue being an augment testbed, that can be fine. You will have to notify Xing and I though before you go ahead with any augmentations so that we can make sure you're not going off the walls on shit. Generally, if it goes how I think it will, he'll be able to have his augmentations changed out at will, correct? If so, I'll have to limit you to one augment at a time to keep you from going all Crackdown 2 on us.

For everyone with OPTICAL CAMOUFLAGE on their MACE, I have a stipulation. Word of God has come down from the top (me (duh)). Since so many of you are using it I'm going to have to streamline how it works for everyone so that way we're all on the same page and working the same way. Sorry, this is not negotiable.

Your optical camouflage is gonna work the same way it works in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. You move too fast in your MACE, which would be anything faster than a crawl, your camo goes away. You shoot your weapon, your camo goes away. You deploy any sort of countermeasure or anything, your camo goes away. If your MACE is shot, whether or not the round penetrates, your camo goes away. This keeps things interesting while also not making it blatantly over-powered compared to the people who didn't want to bring it. Basically, it works by manipulating light through metamaterials around a stationary object (your MACE). Once that stationary object becomes mobile, the camouflage deactivates in order to not overload the system because it can't keep up with all the new imaging it needs to reconfigure all the metamaterials (if I understand this concept right, which I'm not guaranteed to). That's how that works to keep it fair for everyone.

Achievement

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:30 am

Monfrox wrote:Spindle, a word. If you want your character to continue being an augment testbed, that can be fine. You will have to notify Xing and I though before you go ahead with any augmentations so that we can make sure you're not going off the walls on shit. Generally, if it goes how I think it will, he'll be able to have his augmentations changed out at will, correct? If so, I'll have to limit you to one augment at a time to keep you from going all Crackdown 2 on us.

Honestly, I wasn't really intending on the augments having a real impact on the combat outside of giving him balance and to try and tie his character together thematically - most of the things he's testing are built into the HC0 itself, and I'm trying to go a more realistic route with his cybernetics so they're not going to do too much either. There might be a few minor modifications to the mech itself or maybe the interface, but unless there's something in particular which you or Xing want to push (or something really interesting which I'm too tired to see rn) there won't be any major changes to the app and I'll clear whatever I do try with you before I start writing them in. Sorry, I should have clarified this in the app itself but yea I'm not gonna be trying to get a lighting-zapping invisible flying super-prototype mech here.

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:09 am

Excellent. Any ETA on the IC?

Xing
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:38 am

Spindle wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Spindle, a word. If you want your character to continue being an augment testbed, that can be fine. You will have to notify Xing and I though before you go ahead with any augmentations so that we can make sure you're not going off the walls on shit. Generally, if it goes how I think it will, he'll be able to have his augmentations changed out at will, correct? If so, I'll have to limit you to one augment at a time to keep you from going all Crackdown 2 on us.

Honestly, I wasn't really intending on the augments having a real impact on the combat outside of giving him balance and to try and tie his character together thematically - most of the things he's testing are built into the HC0 itself, and I'm trying to go a more realistic route with his cybernetics so they're not going to do too much either. There might be a few minor modifications to the mech itself or maybe the interface, but unless there's something in particular which you or Xing want to push (or something really interesting which I'm too tired to see rn) there won't be any major changes to the app and I'll clear whatever I do try with you before I start writing them in. Sorry, I should have clarified this in the app itself but yea I'm not gonna be trying to get a lighting-zapping invisible flying super-prototype mech here.

It's ok. I don't think anyone intentionally wants to make their character into an OP super soldier. The other perhaps bigger reason we wanted you to run stuff by us is to make sure it fits in with something that GAMA would try to do. We're trying to push for more of a moral gray area but that doesn't mean they'll throw caution to the wind.
The Reincarnated Empire of Xing, back in the flesh.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:03 pm

Sudbrazil wrote:Excellent. Any ETA on the IC?

As soon as my work schedule stops fluctuating so much.

Achievement

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:32 pm

This looks rather interesting. My only issue would be the difficulty with which I have in getting character pictures (Government computers are my only lifeline to the internet while underway and, frankly, they don't let me do much in the way of getting said images) so would a no picture, plain text description work for you (not to mention a lack of access to Discord)? Also, precisely how far has technology gone as far as directed energy weapons? Could I do something akin to the EMP beam seen in Serenity (The last battle) and/or normal pulse cannons (Star Trek: Enterprise)? Lastly...how bound is GAMA to things like the Geneva Accords as far as stuff like chemical weapons?

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:33 pm

Ormata wrote:This looks rather interesting. My only issue would be the difficulty with which I have in getting character pictures (Government computers are my only lifeline to the internet while underway and, frankly, they don't let me do much in the way of getting said images) so would a no picture, plain text description work for you (not to mention a lack of access to Discord)? Also, precisely how far has technology gone as far as directed energy weapons? Could I do something akin to the EMP beam seen in Serenity (The last battle) and/or normal pulse cannons (Star Trek: Enterprise)? Lastly...how bound is GAMA to things like the Geneva Accords as far as stuff like chemical weapons?

From what I know of the series originally, the answers are going to most likely be:

1. Should be fine.
2. They're around, but probably unwieldy and act more like heavy anti-materiel weapons.
3. Don't see why not so long as it fits within the +30 year timespan we're in.
4. What Geneva Accords.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Ormata wrote:Lastly...how bound is GAMA to things like the Geneva Accords as far as stuff like chemical weapons?

4. What Geneva Accords.

I think they're referring to the Geneva Conventions. Taken from Wikipedia, it's "four treaties, and three additional protocols, that establish the standards of international law for humanitarian treatment in war." I think it has something to do with the treatment of prisoners-of-war, which people are considered combatants in war, standards to be followed, what weapons are allowed, etc.
Last edited by Castelia on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Castelia wrote:
Kassaran wrote:4. What Geneva Accords.

I think they're referring to the Geneva Conventions. Taken from Wikipedia, it's "four treaties, and three additional protocols, that establish the standards of international law for humanitarian treatment in war." I think it has something to do with the treatment of prisoners-of-war, which people are considered combatants in war, standards to be followed, what weapons are allowed, etc.

Question boils down to me wondering how much chemical weapons I can use.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:54 pm

Castelia wrote:
Kassaran wrote:4. What Geneva Accords.

I again state the obvious:

Xing wrote: The other perhaps bigger reason we wanted you to run stuff by us is to make sure it fits in with something that GAMA would try to do. We're trying to push for more of a moral gray area but that doesn't mean they'll throw caution to the wind.

What. Geneva. Accords.
Last edited by Kassaran on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse