NATION

PASSWORD

Wastrecht Index of Political Franchise

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:01 pm

North German Realm wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Looks interesting! To clarify:

• Would constituency votes appointing representatives to the legislature spread evenly across an election cycle (of four years, in my case) be considered a (four year-long) general election or several federal state elections (though the constituencies' own government bodies only really have the power of local councils, so the state isn't properly federal)?
  • Would compulsory attendance of polling stations during voting (with the exception of postal voters and those in exceptional circumstances such as sudden illness) (designed to allow those objecting to the political process or to all of the available candidates to not vote while still ensuring mass political participation) be considered compulsory voting in this system?
  • How would one indicate the election of the government by the legislature from candidates from the citizenry rather than the legislature in this system? (Chart for visual explanation.)

1. If the legislature in question is the General Legislature (i.e. the American Congress) rather than local legislature (i.e. Vermont General Assembly), then Yes. It would be considered a General Election. In certain cases where the two elections coincide would be counted as both General and Regional. In your situation, if there is no federal state (and having local independent legislature is kinda necessary for federalism), it could be regional if it wasn't about the General Legislature.

Thank you for your answers! Not entirely sure if I was clear about the first question, though, so, just to be absolutely sure, I'll set out the process (sorry; I just really like certainty on these things):
Nimban citizens are divided geographically into Communities. Each Community has a governmental body of its own, whose forms are determined internally by each community, but these bodies have little power. Each Community also acts as a constituency for election of members to the House of the Assembly, the general legislature. There is no national election for this; instead, each Community's election takes place at a different pre-determined time spread across a four-year cycle over which every election takes place. It's essentially a massively staggered election system, hence my question over whether this counts as a really long general election or a series of regional elections in a national system.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Arthropol
Minister

Founded: May 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthropol » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:22 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: Kingdom of Arthropol
Your nation's full population: ~72 000 000
Your nation's type of government: Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy with elements of direct democracy

General Elections
Are General elections held in your nation? Yes
How often are elections held in your country? Every 4 years generally, except for special circumstances, e.g. snap election.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? Not sure of exact percentage, but all adult citizens (over 16).
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? Close to 100% - voting is compulsory except for certain circumstances, e.g. living overseas, in hospital.
What function do general elections have in your nation? Please, put an X in the criteria(s) that elections can be held for
General Government [x]
General Legislature [x]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
(I'm assuming you mean administrative divisions, not NS regions)
Are Regional elections held in your nation? Yes
How often are regional elections held in your country? 4 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? Same as above
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? Same as above
What function do regional elections have in your nation? Please, put an X in the criteria(s) that elections can be held for
Federal State Government [N/A - We don't have states, but regions]
Federal State Legislature [See above]
Regional Government [x]
Regional Legislature [x]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation? Yes
How often are Referendums held in your country? Referenda on minor issues are held a few times a year, referenda on major issues are held once in a few years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? All adult legal residents
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? Same as above for national-level referendums, voting is not compulsory for regional and lower level referendums, but turnout is usually 70-90%
What function do Referendums have in your nation? To decide certain issues that is deemed as important by the people.

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? Not sure of exact percentage, but all adult citizens (over 16).
Are all votes valued equally in your elections? Yes
How is citizenship determined in your country? You are an Arthropolian citizen if you fit one or more of these criteria:
-You were born in Arthropolian territory
-You were born overseas to at least one Arthropolian parent
-You were adopted while a child (under 16) by at lease one Arthropolian parent
-You were naturalised
-You were given citizenship by the King or the government
Do any of the following criteria limit the right to vote or necessitate a higher value for a vote in your country?
Citizenship: Yes, only citizens can vote
Race: No
Education: No, education on the election is also provided for voters if required
Wealth: No
Property: No
Tax: No
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? No
Is voting mandatory in your country's elections? Yes
Kingdom of Arthropol - Royaume d'Arthropol
———————————————————————————
Capital: Arthropol City
Language: French
Population: 72 million
Economic: centre-left
Social: moderate
Nationality: Australian
Sex: Male
Economic: fairly left-wing
Social: moderately authoritarian
Not really active on NS forums anymore, still posts once in a while on F&NI and F7. IC views do not represent my real political views. NS stats not used.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:31 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: The Benevolent Republic of Castelia
Your nation's full population: 3.6 billion and counting
Your nation's type of government: Dictatorship

General Elections
Are General elections held in your nation? No.
How often are elections held in your country? N/A
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? N/A
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? N/A
What function do general elections have in your nation? Please, put an X in the criteria(s) that elections can be held for
General Government [ ]
General Legislature [ ]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
Are Regional elections held in your nation? No.
How often are regional elections held in your country? N/A
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? N/A
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? N/A
What function do regional elections have in your nation? Please, put an X in the criteria(s) that elections can be held for
Federal State Government [ ]
Federal State Legislature [ ]
Regional Government [ ]
Regional Legislature [ ]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation? Yes.
How often are Referendums held in your country? As often as needed.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? The entire population is eligible.
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? It depends, but since Castelians are politically aware, it's an average of 80% to 90%
What function do Referendums have in your nation? To gauge the opinion of the populace towards a new policy of the government, and whether or not they wish to continue with the policy.

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 100%.
Are all votes valued equally in your elections? Yes.
How is citizenship determined in your country? By birth (Jus Sanguinis and Jus Soli) and by naturalization (residence, military service, marriage).
Do any of the following criteria limit the right to vote or necessitate a higher value for a vote in your country?
Citizenship: No.
Race: No.
Education: No.
Wealth: No.
Property: No.
Tax: No.
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? No.
Is voting mandatory in your country's elections? No.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:30 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Thank you for your answers! Not entirely sure if I was clear about the first question, though, so, just to be absolutely sure, I'll set out the process (sorry; I just really like certainty on these things):
Nimban citizens are divided geographically into Communities. Each Community has a governmental body of its own, whose forms are determined internally by each community, but these bodies have little power. Each Community also acts as a constituency for election of members to the House of the Assembly, the general legislature. There is no national election for this; instead, each Community's election takes place at a different pre-determined time spread across a four-year cycle over which every election takes place. It's essentially a massively staggered election system, hence my question over whether this counts as a really long general election or a series of regional elections in a national system.

You can consider it both, to be honest, because it could equally considered to be both.

UPDATE: 6 forms verified, visit here.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:19 am

Thank you; I believe that I'm done!

General Information
Your nation's full name: The Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Your nation's full population: Approximately 60 million
Your nation's type of government: Unicameral Semi-Directorial Representative Democratic Republic

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? Every 4 years per Community for the legislature (staggered); every 4 years for the government (indirect)
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? At a guess, approximately 75% (those below the age of majority are unable to vote and the Wardship is currently undergoing rapid population growth)
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? >99% (holidays are set aside for voting and registering at a polling station during voting is compulsory)
What function do general elections have in your nation?
General Government [X (indirect)]
General Legislature [X]
Other

Regional Elections
Are Regional elections held in your nation?
How often are regional elections held in your country? Every 4 years per Community for the legislature (staggered); of varying periods for Community government bodies
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? Approximately 75%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? >99% (Holidays are set aside for voting and registering one's appearance at a polling station when not submitting an absentee vote, with the exception of those finding themselves unable to do so on short notice (such as illness), is mandatory, though actually voting is not compulsory for those who object to the process and ballot spoiling is legal.)
What function do regional elections have in your nation?
Federal State Legislature [X]
Regional Government [X (often, almost always where the below does not apply)]
Regional Legislature [X (often, almost always where the above does not apply)]
Other

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation? No
How often are Referendums held in your country? N/A
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? N/A
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? N/A
What function do Referendums have in your nation? N/A

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? Approximately 75%
How is citizenship determined in your country? Nimban citizenship is automatically conferred by one parent being Nimban. Citizenship otherwise is very simple to obtain, typically only requiring proof of the intent to be resident in the Wardship and the lack of a major criminal record.
Citizenship: Yes
Education: No
Is voting mandatory in your country's elections? Yes
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:04 am

General Information
Your nation's full name: Demokratiche BundesRepublik von Alinghi / Repubblica Federal-Democratica d'Alinghi / Republique Federal-Democratique du Alinghi / Федеральная Демократическая Республика Алингхи (Federal'naya Demokraticheskaya Respublika Alinghi) / Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic / Federacia Demokrato Respubliko do Alinghi
Federal'naya Demokraticheskaya Respublika Alinghi
Your nation's full population: 105 030 000
Your nation's type of government: Semi-Presidential Federal Republic

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? For the Chancellor, Peoples' House (the Lower House of the Confederal Diet), and cantonal election every four years. The chancellor under certain cirumstnce can dissolve the VolksHaus and callo for early election for the Peoples' House. For the Cantonal Council (the upper house) the member is apponted by elected canton's governor (every canton had 2 seats indipendently by its population), every year where are election in 10/11 cantons, this mean that every ca. 1/4 of the seats of Cantons Council are renewed
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? All citizen who are at least 16 years old
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? 90% to 98%
General Government [X ]
General Legislature [ X]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
Are Regional elections held in your nation? Yes, Alinghi is a Federal Republic
How often are regional elections held in your country? Every four years for the election of governor and cantonal parliament
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? Officially the canton decide upon this, but al canton sett all adult above 16 years old
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? 92%-98%
Federal State Government [ X]
Regional Government [X ]
Regional Legislature [ X]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation?
How often are Referendums held in your country? 2/3 Confedealreferendums a year, and many cantonal referendums.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? De facto all citizen above 16 years old
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? 85%-88%
What function do Referendums have in your nation? The Cantonal Council or the Chancellor can decide if the law passed in Peoples' House must be confirmed by a Confederal Referendum. Constitutional emandements must be confirmed by a Confederal Elections.

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? All citizens above 16 years old
How is citizenship determined in your country?
Alinghi uses a Modifed Jus Soli system. You are an Alingan citizen:
- If you born in the Confederal territory if at least one parent have an alingan citizen or a legal immigrant who not have a touristic VISA, if both parents was an illegal immigrants the kid will not have immediately the citizenship, but he will gain the citizenship when at least one parent will regolarize it position.
- For who born in Alinghi by illegal immigrants, but due that the parent's nation citizen law he/she will be stateless, the kid wil be have the Alingan Citizenship immediately at the birth.
- If you reside legally at least 5 years in the Confederation (3 years if you married an Alingan citizen, 1 if you are a stateless), you can do a request of naturalization, that it can accepted or rejected (you can do an new application after 2 years)
Citizenship: Yes, In the Confederal Election and cantonal election. Some cantons permit to legal immigrants to vote in the Lander's* election for the Landmeinster and LanderRat. The llander is an equivalent of municipality/city.
Age:All citizen above 16 years old con vote; all citizen above 18 years old can be elected.
Race: No, it would be incostitutional.
Education: No, it would be incostitutional.
Wealth: No, it would be incostitutional.
Property: No, it would be incostitutional.
Tax: No, it would be incostitutional.
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? No, it would be incostitutional
Is voting mandatory in your country's elections? No
Last edited by Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:38 am, edited 8 times in total.
[color=color=#00BF00] Democracy, social equity, switzerland, Democratic Socialism, EU (had some problems, but this not mean that it's unfixable), UN, Federalism, same sex marriage and Schengen , Ferderal non-ethinc based Palestine or in alternative two-states solution, Civic Nationalism on eventual European Federation (or Euro-civic-nationalism), Interculturalism(is a bit different whan MultiCulturalism)[/color]
Dictatorship, Fascism, Communism, Racism, Putin's Russia, Meloni, religion (as organized structures), Trump, Erdogan , British Gov., Netanyahu, Orban, Etno-Nationalism, Clericalism.
The tax rate is the half of NS index, pop. is different

I'm gay - I have Asperger Syndrome
I support
UKRAINE Peace, not a second München 38

Mimerya
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mimerya » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:30 am

General Information
Your nation's full name: The Sovereign Kingdom of Mimerya
Your nation's full population: 44,200,000
Your nation's type of government: Parliamentary Monarchy

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? every 4 years, however Presidential and Parliamentary elections are held with a 2-year margin
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? 81%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? generally 75-80%
General Government [X]
General Legislature [X]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? Every three or four years, depending on when the next General or Presidential election is scheduled
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? depending on region 77%-86%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? depending on region 68%-93%
Regional Government [ ]
Regional Legislature [X]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation? Rarely nationally, only on issues the Royal Constitutional Court ruled as necessitating a national referendum. Regionally, it happens more frequently.
How often are Referendums held in your country? Depending on Administrative District, from every two months to once a year
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? depending on region 77%-86%, nationally 81%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? depending on region 50%-75%, nationally 65%
What function do Referendums have in your nation? Decide on matters of extraordinary importance (such as changes in the Constitution)

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 81%
How is citizenship determined in your country? Have lived in Mimerya for more than 1 year or have a permanent job in Mimerya and (in both cases) formally apply for it
Citizenship: Yes (only legal citizens are permitted to vote)
Age: Yes (only people who have reached 17 years of age may vote)
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA

According to scientific studies, people get uncomfortable when a sentence doesn't end like it was BLITZKRIEG.

NEWS: Mimeryan Voice: Austion Milner (LDP) critizises LEFT | People's Paper: Protests in Wahrlin remain peaceful | The Mimeryan Herald: New Alotetan Embassy opened | Kickoff: Wahrlin FC 2:2 1. FC Skrallan |

Aikoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aikoland » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:43 am

General Information
Your nation's full name: The Queendom of Aikoland
Your nation's full population: 471,751,871
Your nation's type of government: Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? Per the constitution, General Elections occur every seven years, or earlier if Parliament passes a motion of no confidence against Her Majesty's Government.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? 73%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? On average, 60%
General Government [ X ]
General Legislature [ X ]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? On a state level, regional elections occur every seven years, just like General Elections. On a prefecture-level and lower, it can vary, although most occur on a cycle of between every three and seven years.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? 73%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? On average, 55%
Regional Government [ X ]
Regional Legislature [ X ]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation? Technically yes
How often are Referendums held in your country? While referendums can be held in our nation, none have ever occurred in our 81 year history.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? IF one were to occur, then 73% of the population would be able to vote in one.
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? N/A, no referendum have occurred in our nation.
What function do Referendums have in your nation? Per the constitution, 'the Parliament of Aikoland may delegate the passage of any law to the voting populace of the nation in a referendum excepting for laws in regards to the structure and functioning of the Government of Aikoland'.

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 73%
How is citizenship determined in your country? Citizenship by birth is only granted if at least one parent is a citizen of Aikoland. Citizenship by naturalization requires one to have lived in Aikoland for a minimum of 10 years (including five years with permanent residency status, which must be obtained by either being sponsored by someone such as a spouse, relative, or employer or otherwise showing that you are capable of living in Aikoland under your own means), having demonstrated a fluency in the English language, having taken and passed a citizenship test, having renounced any foreign citizenship one may hold (Aikoland does not permit dual citizenship), and having sworn an Oath of Allegiance to the Queendom of Aikoland and Her Majesty, Queen Aiko.
Education:
Wealth:
Property:
Tax:
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? Partially, those sentenced to twenty-five years imprisonment or longer permanently lose the right to vote. Those sentenced to under twenty-five years are only disenfranchised while serving their sentences, the right to vote is automatically restored upon release.
♥ L'Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A
The middle character in my flag is a boy
A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 6.07 million (2023 estimate)
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2023

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:48 am

UPDATE: 4 forms verified, visit here.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Estainia
Senator

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:19 am

General Information
Your nation's full name: The Empire of Estainia and Alisonia
Your nation's full population: 1,629,432,234
Your nation's type of government: The Empire is a confederacy of sovereign monarchical states that are unified in fealty and blood relations, democracy such as it is is limited to wealthy landowners.

General Elections
Are General elections held in your nation? Yes.
How often are elections held in your country? Every ten years for the Plebeian Assembly (lower house of the legislature), the Senate (upper house) is comprised of the landed hereditary nobility.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? Landowners who own property in excess value of the equivalent of $2,000,000
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? Presumably most, the census offices do not keep track of it.
General Government [ ]
General Legislature [X]
Other Elections within the Empire, with the exceptions of those of the Kingdom of Amber (a constitute realm); are for the election of the lower house of the legislature.

Regional Elections
Are Regional elections held in your nation? This depends on the kingdom, however the predominate average is a resounding no.
How often are regional elections held in your country? Rarely.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? Landowners who own property in excess value of the equivalent of $2,000,000
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? Presumably most, the census offices do not keep track of it.
Regional Government [ ]
Regional Legislature [X]
Other Some of the Kingdoms that do practice democracy do so in limited forms.

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation? No.
How often are Referendums held in your country?
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums?
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums?
What function do Referendums have in your nation?

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? Land owners who own property in excess value of the equivalent of $2,000,000
Are all votes valued equally in your elections? No.
How is citizenship determined in your country? Birthright.
Citizenship: Yes.
Gender: As we are a matriarchal society, the vote of men is nearly worthless compared to the votes of women.
Wealth: Yes.
Property: Yes.
Is voting mandatory in your country's elections? No, they barely exist at all.
The Empire of the Etai
Is a bit of magic your thing, or scientific post-modernism?
Consider joining Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:22 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: Free Arabian Nation
Your nation's full population: 92 Million
Your nation's type of government: Emergency Powers Republic

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? Constitutionally, every 5 years (De Facto upon leader's death)
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? 71.6%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? N/A (Hasn't happened yet)
General Government [X]
General Legislature [X] (Once we have one anyways)
Other

Regional Elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? Depends on the state, average of every 4.6 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? 71.6%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? 61.7%
Federal State Government [X]
Regional Government [X]
Regional Legislature [X]
Other In some communities, Juries are elected

Referenda
How often are Referendums held in your country? Whenever the national/regional consitution is amended/if there is a unpopular national/regional law
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? 71.6%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? 61.7%
What function do Referendums have in your nation? Amending national/local constitutions or getting rid of unpopular laws.

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 71.6%
How is citizenship determined in your country? Birthright, Naturalization by getting a job, Having at least one of your parent's being of a Free Arab origin, being born in a area now controlled by Free Arabia

(pls correct if I fricked up)
العرب الأحرار
I don't use NS Stats, for they are against the will of Liberty and God.

News
Open to TGs

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:38 pm

UPDATE: 2 forms verified, visit here.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

New Yeeia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Yeeia » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:04 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: The Grand Republic of New Yeeia
Your nation's full population: 6.4 billion
Your nation's type of government: Authoritarian Republic

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? Every 10 Years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? 94%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? 67%
General Government [x]
General Legislature [ ]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? Every 5 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? 97%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? 61%
What function do regional elections have in your nation?
Federal State Government [x]
Federal State Legislature [x]
Regional Government [x]
Regional Legislature [x]
Other If the elected officials go against the will of the central government, they can be removed, but that is very rare

Referenda
How often are Referendums held in your country? Very rarely, and only on matters concerning the average citizen
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? 97%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? 81%
What function do Referendums have in your nation? Referendums are used in times of crisis and local matters

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 97%
How is citizenship determined in your country? Citizenship is given at birth if both parent have citizenship or have lived in New Yeeia for 20 or more years, and one can apply for citizenship if they have lived in New Yeeia for more than 20 years, or if they have served in the military
Citizenship: Only citizens may vote
Education: People without higher education are discouraged from voting, but are able to vote
Occupation: People who are not employed or in education are unable to vote
Wealth:
Property:
Tax:
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? Yes, but only under extreme circumstances

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:51 pm

I combined some of the sections where the preceding/following sections had similar answers (i.e., I made Wealth and Property...well, Wealth and Property)

General Information
Your nation's full name: Great State of Granuras (Gran Estato de Granluras)
Your nation's full population: 8,463,053
Your nation's type of government: Unitary authoritarian republic

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? Once every three years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? 80.2% of the population
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? The average turnout based off of the last ten triennial elections, around 64.3% of the population votes.
General Government [X]
General Legislature [X]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? Regional elections are synchronized with national elections.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? Every male and female citizen older than 21 who has full-time residence within a region.
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? Average turnout over the last ten elections is around 71.2%.
Regional Government [X]
Regional Legislature [X]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
How often are Referendums held in your country? Whenever necessary.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? 80.2%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? The average turnout of all fifteen referendums held in Granluras is 77.34%.
What function do Referendums have in your nation? Constitutional amendments and boundary amendments (the redrawing of electoral boundaries) are the only two reasons why referendums are held in Granluras.

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 80.2%
How is citizenship determined in your country? Jus soli; Jus sanguinis; or by being naturalized and having residency for five years.
Citizenship: If you have(n't) been naturalized (n)or been a citizen for five years, you are (in)eligible for voting.
Age: The voting age is 21, having been like that since 1938 (with the idea that being 21 will give citizens enough time to experience life and its difficulties and develop views accordingly propping up that voting age).
Gender and Race: Universal suffrage (1965-present); White (male/female) suffrage (1944-1965); White male suffrage (1892-1944)
Education: Three to four years of collegiate education are expected to have been received by age 21, otherwise a Voting ID is not given to a citizen until the next year, or even year after.
Occupation: Occupation (or lack thereof) is not a prerequisite for voting eligibility, however one must have been employed and be(en) a taxpayer.
Wealth and Propety: Wealth nor property has not been a requirement/restriction for voting rights since the small period of timocracy in the 1890s.
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? Penal laborers are disenfranchised during their entire service; people subject to penal punishment equivalent to Class 1/2 felonies in the U.S. state of Virginia result in disenfranchisement; and politicians are civilians convicted of electoral fraud are disenfranchised for five years.
Is voting mandatory in your country's elections? No, however there have been calls from within the government to make voting mandatory.
Last edited by Granluras on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

New Transeurasia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Transeurasia » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:35 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: The Democratic Federation of New Transeurasia
Your nation's full population: 4,311,484,775
Your nation's type of government: Elective Dominant-Party Federated Democratic Republic

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? Every 5 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? 71%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? ~80%
General Government [X]
General Legislature [ ]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? Every 2 to 6 years.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? 70%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? ~65%
Regional Government [X]
Regional Legislature [X]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
How often are Referendums held in your country? Every time a controversial law is to be voted on.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? 71%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? ~60%
What function do Referendums have in your nation? Depends if laws get passed.

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 71%
How is citizenship determined in your country? Being born in NT, given citizenship of NT, or stated by a court judge.
Citizenship: No.
Is voting mandatory in your country's elections? No.
EurasiaЕвразия欧亜ユーラシア
LIBERATE THE WORLD / DEMOCRACY AND PROSPERITY / FORGED BY MAN THEMSELF
Welcome to 2035. Tenth-light-speed spacecraft, overpopulation, abundance of resources, the tripolar cold war, and catgirls await.

ENN 欧亜囯家通訊社 Eurasian National News: S7 Airlines flight 661 makes emergency landing in Miiriney, RU after failed hijacking | CTVN 长春広播电視集団 Chángchūn Television Network: President Kuzma makes speech on plans for her 2nd term after re-election
MT-PMT gang
2k10s scenemo nation lol - honestly have no idea what to do with this anymore
NStats imprisoned on Proteus
trans rights! ♀ she/they
Background Music

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:28 am

UPDATE: 3 forms verified, visit here.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Nagiti
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nagiti » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:56 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: State of Nagiti - Stiet bon Nagití
Your nation's full population: 37,419,704
Your nation's type of government: Parliamentary Unitary Republic

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? Every 5 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? 64.76% [24,233,947]
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? 38.21% [14,298,301
General Government [X]
General Legislature [X]
Other [X] referenda, judicial nominations, tariffs require voter approval in a general election

Regional Elections
Are Regional elections held in your nation? Yes; in terms of local elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? every 2 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? 64.76% [24,233,947]
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? 27.81% [10,406,420]
Regional Government [ ]
Regional Legislature [ ]
Other [X] Municipal and community leader elections, Municipal referenda

Referenda
How often are Referendums held in your country? When new tariffs have to be approved, whenever the President [Pro Tempore] issues a full veto, property and sales taxes, whenever the Prime Minister sends legislation to a public vote, and constitutional amendments.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? 64.76% [24,233,947]
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? depends on referenda
What function do Referendums have in your nation? When new tariffs have to be approved, whenever the President [Pro Tempore] issues a full veto, property and sales taxes, whenever the Prime Minister sends legislation to a public vote, and constitutional amendments.

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 64.76% [24,233,947]
Are all votes valued equally in your elections? Yes; we have one person one vote policies and no electoral college like structure
How is citizenship determined in your country? Birthright+at least one parent with citizenship; naturalization via order of parliament; naturalization via residency+exam
Citizenship: No
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? Yes; temporarily only
Last edited by Nagiti on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coconut Palm Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Palm Island » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:13 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: Kingdom of Coconut Palm Island
Your nation's full population: About 13 millions
Your nation's type of government: We refer to it as "Democratic Constitutional Monarchy"

General Elections
Are General elections held in your nation? Yes, only for the Senate.
How often are elections held in your country? Annually
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? Anyone 16 or older (so 100% if you only count adults).
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? Usually about 75% (we use online voting and vote by mail, and election day essentially lasts a month, so it is very easy to vote).
General Government [ ]
General Legislature [X]
Other (Amendment to the Royal Charter (Referendums) )

Regional Elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? Depends on the region; either every year or every other year.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? Anyone 16 or older
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? Usually about 50%. Regional governments have much less power, and are much less partisan, so elections for regional office aren't closely followed.
Regional Government [(in some regions)]
Regional Legislature [X]
Other ()

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation? Yes, if an amendment to the Royal Charter is proposed, it is attached to the Senatorial election as a "Yes/No" question.
How often are Referendums held in your country? Whenever the Senate approves one-- not very frequently. Referendums are used only to amend the Royal Charter, which only occurs with very major issues.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? 100% 16 or older
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? Nearly 90%. While the referendums are attached to Senatorial elections, in years where a referendum is on the ballot, turnout is very high.
What function do Referendums have in your nation? Amending the Royal Charter. The Senate can propose changes, but the people have to approve.

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? All 16 or older
How is citizenship determined in your country? Anyone who applies for citizenship gets it immediately, unless there is undeniable evidence they here to attack our nation (only 7 people have ever been refused citizenship).
Citizenship: One must be a citizen, but again citizenship is granted to all but those coming here to commit terrorism.
Age: One must be 16 or older. After that, one person one vote.
Race: Does not factor in.
Education: Does not factor in.
Wealth: Does not factor in.
Property: Does not factor in.
Tax: Does not factor in
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? No. People can literally vote from rehabilitation centers (our prisons).
His Royal Majesty King Alexander
King of Coconut Palm Island
News: King, Senators back bipartisan climate change initiative. | Heat wave possibly responsible for four-hour power outage in the capital, Largo Beach. | Senator under investigation for allegedly taking bribes found to be innocent, all major parties agree. |

Wawakanatote
Envoy

Founded: Feb 19, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Wawakanatote » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:08 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: Supranational Union of Socialist Republics
Your nation's full population: 10+ billion
Your nation's type of government: Political/Economic Intergovernmental Supranational Union; based on socialist ideas

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? every 5 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? 99%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? 89.2% (as of 2060)
General Government [X]
General Legislature [X]
Other [X] (Judicial nomination)

Regional Elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? every 4 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? 99% (of member states population)
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? 81%
Regional Government [X]
Regional Legislature [X]
Other [ ]

Referenda
How often are Referendums held in your country? When new legislation is in need of approval, the Chairperson issues a full veto, increase or decrease taxes, increase or decrease government spending, disagreements between high ranking members of the C.o.D, and constitutional amendments
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? 99%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? 76%
What function do Referendums have in your nation? When new legislation is in need of approval, the Chairperson issues a full veto, increase or decrease taxes, increase or decrease government spending, disagreements between high ranking members of the C.o.D, and constitutional amendments

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 99%
How is citizenship determined in your country? If one is a citizen of a member nation, then they are de facto citizens of the SUSR
Citizenship: Yes (must be legal citizen)
Tax: Yes (must pay taxes)
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? Yes
Is voting mandatory in your country's elections? No, for regional (member) elections, countries can pass mandatory voting laws
OOC Factbook
Pro: Marxism-Leninism
Anti: Capitalism, Fascism
We do not exist under communism, but under the
primary stage of socialist development (nep/state capitalism)
Please adjust accordingly
Full Nation Name: Supranational Union of Socialist Republics
Government: Federal Intergovernmental P&E Union
Political Leaders: C.Song Liyuan, V.C.Lev Bronshtein
National Anthem: "Hymn of the Union"
"Seek Truth From Facts!"- Deng Xiaoping, Chairman of the Central Advisory Commission
"Peace, Equality, Unity" | "Мир, равенство, единство" | "和平,平等,团结"

For more information go to: Our National Factbook

Take NS stats with a grain of salt

Trinadaed
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trinadaed » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:42 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: The Republic of Trinadaed
Your nation's full population: 301 mil
Your nation's type of government: Republic

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? Every 3 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? 100%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? Depends on the election
General Government [X]
General Legislature [X]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? Yearly
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? 100%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? Depends
Regional Government [X]
Regional Legislature [X]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation? Of course
How often are Referendums held in your country? Weekly to monthly
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? 100%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? Depends
What function do Referendums have in your nation? Many different functions, usually law

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 100%
How is citizenship determined in your country? Going to any reservation, which can be found in all seaports. Tourists do not have to follow this step, however.
Do any of the following criteria limit the right to vote or necessitate a higher value for a vote in your country? No
Citizenship:
Race:
Education:
Wealth:
Property:
Tax:
W E A R E A L L P O T A T O E S .

Cottony
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cottony » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:52 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: Cottony
Your nation's full population: ~ 1 000
Your nation's type of government: Direct Democracy

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? Once a year.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? ~ 90%, excluding children younger than 6.
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? 100%.
General Government [X]
General Legislature [X]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
Are Regional elections held in your nation? Yes.
How often are regional elections held in your country? Once a year.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? ~ 90%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? 100%
Regional Government [X]
Regional Legislature [X]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation? Yes.
How often are Referendums held in your country? Around twice a year.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Referendums? ~ 90%.
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Referendums? 100a
What function do Referendums have in your nation? Referendums allow citizens to vote on issues as a nation, issues proffered by either regional, constituent or municipal government (which are voted on by citizens of respective areas).

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? ~ 90%
How is citizenship determined in your country? Jus sanguis.
Citizenship: Must be Dirlandic or a citizen of a Nordic country, Estonia or Scotland, and residing in Cottony.
Race: No restrictions.
Education: At least started schooling.
Wealth: No restrictions.
Property: No restrictions.
Tax: No restrictions.
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? Yes.
Is voting mandatory in your country's elections? Yes.

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:51 am

UPDATE: 5 forms verified, visit here.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Calliana
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Calliana » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:18 pm

General Information
Your nation's full name: The Socialist Federative Republic of Calliana
Your nation's full population: 41.963 million
Your nation's type of government: Federal dominant-party constitutional socialist republic

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? ~5 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? 83.1% (All adult citizens over the age of 18)
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? 77.1% (Based of 2019 election results)
General Government [ ]
General Legislature [x]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
How often are regional elections held in your country? ~5 years
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? 83.1% (All adult citizens over the age of 18)
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? 84.5%
Federal State Legislature [x]
Regional Government [x]
Regional Legislature [x]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
Are Referendums held in your nation? No
How often are Referendums held in your country?
What function do Referendums have in your nation?

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote? 83.1%
How is citizenship determined in your country? Either by birth to at least one Callianan parent inside the SFR, by naturalization which requires an individual to have lived in Calliana for 10 years, or after having passed the citizenship test.
Citizenship: Yes (Only citizens can vote)
Tax: Yes (Only taxpaying citizens can vote)
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? Yes
| Socialism is like heroin... Great. |
- Rick Harrison

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:15 pm

UPDATE: 1 form verified, visit here.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Kasoga
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kasoga » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:15 am

General Information
Your nation's full name: Republic of Kasoga
Your nation's full population: 4.26 million
Your nation's type of government: Democratic republic

General Elections
How often are elections held in your country? Every four years.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in General elections? ~17.9% (all literate citizens over the age of 18 are allowed to vote; this number is misleading without considering the country's demographics)
What percentage of your eligible population participates in General elections? ~75%
General Government [x]
General Legislature [x]
Other (please specify)

Regional Elections
Are Regional elections held in your nation?
How often are regional elections held in your country? Every four years.
What percentage of your population is eligible for voting in Regional elections? ~17.9%
What percentage of your eligible population participates in Regional elections? ~80% (differs by province)
Regional Government [x]
Regional Legislature [x]
Other (please specify)

Referenda
How often are Referendums held in your country? Seldom.
What function do Referendums have in your nation? Referenda are seldom employed.

The Right to Vote
What percentage of your population is eligible to vote?
How is citizenship determined in your country? Anyone born to a legal resident in the country is granted citizenship. Foreign-born children of citizens are entitled to citizenship. Foreigners can acquire citizenship through marriage to a citizen.
Citizenship: Yes. Non-citizens cannot vote.
Education: One must be literate to vote.
Is disenfranchisement a valid punishment in your nation's penal code? Yes, but only for those who work with groups with intentions to overthrow or illegally undermine the government.
Is voting mandatory in your country's elections? No; voting is voluntary.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information