NATION

PASSWORD

The Mueller Probe is Complete - Longer OP Edition

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
South Odreria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Mueller probe is complete

Postby South Odreria » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:20 pm

The report has been submitted to the justice department. The AG will read it, prepare a summary to be sent to congress, and decide whether to release the entire report or not. Maybe things will happen.
Last edited by South Odreria on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pro: bad
anti: good

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:24 pm

South Odreria wrote:The report has been submitted to the justice department. The AG will read it, prepare a summary to be sent to congress, and decide whether to release the entire report or not.

1.) this will be on the Trump mega thread
2.) Frankly your OP sucks
3.) whats to debate?
4.) political blogs need not be on NS general
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

South Odreria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:54 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
South Odreria wrote:The report has been submitted to the justice department. The AG will read it, prepare a summary to be sent to congress, and decide whether to release the entire report or not.

3.) whats to debate?

Lol I never said my OP didn't suck. A thing happened, and I put up a thread about that thing happening.
pro: bad
anti: good

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:00 pm

People are talking about this on the News even though nobody knows a thing yet

P.S. The OP is doo-doo
[box]Welcome to the Far Easter Republic, where political angles can be left, right, acute or obtuse.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
Browns, Indians and Cavs fan.
8values: Centrist:https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=41.5&d=45.2&g=48.5&s=45.2
9axes:https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a=35&b=70&c=55&d=65&e=80&f=15&g=55&h=55&i=85
Compass:Left/Right:3.25; Authoritarian/Libertarian:1.28
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1159280
The difference between ISIS and Antifa is ISIS is Muslim, and Antifa wears jeans sometimes.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:04 pm

South Odreria wrote:The report has been submitted to the justice department. The AG will read it, prepare a summary to be sent to congress, and decide whether to release the entire report or not. Maybe things will happen.

Please pad out the OP some more with some additional content and your own opinion.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:20 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
South Odreria wrote:The report has been submitted to the justice department. The AG will read it, prepare a summary to be sent to congress, and decide whether to release the entire report or not. Maybe things will happen.

Please pad out the OP some more with some additional content and your own opinion.

I thought it's a blog, but it is DIO fact

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:22 pm

South Odreria wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:1.) this will be on the Trump mega thread
3.) whats to debate?

Lol I never said my OP didn't suck. A thing happened, and I put up a thread about that thing happening.

You need to write out a better OP here if you don’t want the thread locked
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:26 pm

Looking forward to seeing what happens when the report is leaked. Will be interesting to see what's inside.

Who's willing to bet the Trump White House will fight tooth and nail to keep the report away from the public eye?

Also, boo OP, you need a better starter!
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Chan Island wrote:Looking forward to seeing what happens when the report is leaked. Will be interesting to see what's inside.

Who's willing to bet the Trump White House will fight tooth and nail to keep the report away from the public eye?

And watch for the possible about-face from Trump when it turns out he is innocent.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:35 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:

3.) whats to debate?

1. No, it won't.
2. Yes, but people who aren't familiar with the Mueller investigations has been living under a rock.
3. Plenty, trust me.
4. It's not that bloggy.

That said, South Odreria, I ask you to post links to some articles and pages about this. That'll help.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

The Mueller Probe is Complete - Longer OP Edition

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:39 pm

News Article

It finally happened, after almost two years. With the Senate firmly in Trump's hands, I think we'll see more of the status quo even if the report turned out to be damning for the President. In fact, the most drastic course of action that I expect would be an about-face for Trump to suddenly praise Mueller if it's concluded that he's innocent from all these allegations. The White House has the means to dull any negative impact to them.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Diarcesia on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Inb4 nothing happens.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Aclion wrote:Inb4 nothing happens.

If you saw smoke and went over to a house expecting to find a fire but didn't, should have not bothered seeing what the smoke was? Of course not.

Alternatively but, again equivalently, say you expect that there's a relationship between cell phone towers and bird deaths/brain cancers/whatever so you go, as a scientist, to investigate this. You find that it's very reasonable to believe that there is, in fact, no such relationship... should you not report your findings? Of course not.

Being wrong isn't evidence of having made a mistake to start... it's evidence that nothing happened. Indeed, in some contexts anyway the absence of evidence does make believing in absence more rational, i.e. the absence of smoke is a good reason to not go looking at the house. In the case of the collusion hypothesis, there really was evidence for which a reasonable interpretation was collusion (which was taken to imply one of numerous different crimes).

That is to say it is impossible for "nothing to happen" from this report (ignoring everything that has already happened). Either more prosecutions will result or they won't, but if it's the latter what that means is the original hypothesis (as it were) has been shown to be unreasonable (or, given the absence of the rule of law in the USA, possibly not). That is a something.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:20 pm

"Inb4" posts are considered spam.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:23 pm

People are talking about this on the News even though nobody knows a thing yet.
[box]Welcome to the Far Easter Republic, where political angles can be left, right, acute or obtuse.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
8values: Centrist:https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=41.5&d=45.2&g=48.5&s=45.2
9axes:https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a=35&b=70&c=55&d=65&e=80&f=15&g=55&h=55&i=85
The difference between ISIS and Antifa is ISIS is Muslim, and Antifa wears jeans sometimes.

US-SSR
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby US-SSR » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:25 pm

I'll bet I know at least two words in the Mueller report:

UNINDICTED CO-CONSPIRATOR

Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about getting his knob polished in the White House pantry. Impeach the MF.

BIGGER THAN WATERGATE!
8:46

We're not going to control the pandemic!

It is a slaughter and not just a political dispute.

"The scraps of narcissism, the rotten remnants of conspiracy theories, the offal of sour grievance, the half-eaten bits of resentment flow by. They do not cohere. But they move in the same, insistent current of self, self, self."

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Far Easter Republic wrote:People are talking about this on the News even though nobody knows a thing yet.

Anticipation gets more views than catharsis, after all.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
2. Yes, but people who aren't familiar with the Mueller investigations has been living under a rock.

A very large rock.

San Montalbano
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby San Montalbano » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:28 pm

Forsher wrote:

If you saw smoke and went over to a house expecting to find a fire but didn't, should have not bothered seeing what the smoke was? Of course not.

Alternatively but, again equivalently, say you expect that there's a relationship between cell phone towers and bird deaths/brain cancers/whatever so you go, as a scientist, to investigate this. You find that it's very reasonable to believe that there is, in fact, no such relationship... should you not report your findings? Of course not.

Being wrong isn't evidence of having made a mistake to start... it's evidence that nothing happened. Indeed, in some contexts anyway the absence of evidence does make believing in absence more rational, i.e. the absence of smoke is a good reason to not go looking at the house. In the case of the collusion hypothesis, there really was evidence for which a reasonable interpretation was collusion (which was taken to imply one of numerous different crimes).

That is to say it is impossible for "nothing to happen" from this report (ignoring everything that has already happened). Either more prosecutions will result or they won't, but if it's the latter what that means is the original hypothesis (as it were) has been shown to be unreasonable (or, given the absence of the rule of law in the USA, possibly not). That is a something.

^ Desperate and thirsty for Trump to be secret Russian hitler
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
“We have buried the putrid corpse of liberty”
"We have the duty, not the right, to defend our territories if the state is absent"
“The truth is that men are tired of liberty.”
Fascism is the modern states national and natural immune response to unchained capitalism and subversive Marxist ideology.

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:29 pm

US-SSR wrote:Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about getting his knob polished in the White House pantry. Impeach the MF.

Well, somebody would notice the taste in the next meal, would they?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:29 pm

US-SSR wrote:I'll bet I know at least two words in the Mueller report:

Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about getting his knob polished in the White House pantry. Impeach the MF.

BIGGER THAN WATERGATE!

Dude Mueller isn’t recommending any indictments. It’s over. Trump is not going anywhere
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
US-SSR wrote:I'll bet I know at least two words in the Mueller report:

BIGGER THAN WATERGATE!

Dude Mueller isn’t recommending any indictments. It’s over. Trump is not going anywhere

And all Russia would want is the US in a political s***storm. Миссия выполнена.

US-SSR
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby US-SSR » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Far Easter Republic wrote:
US-SSR wrote:Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about getting his knob polished in the White House pantry. Impeach the MF.

Well, somebody would notice the taste in the next meal, would they?

Or the next cigar...
8:46

We're not going to control the pandemic!

It is a slaughter and not just a political dispute.

"The scraps of narcissism, the rotten remnants of conspiracy theories, the offal of sour grievance, the half-eaten bits of resentment flow by. They do not cohere. But they move in the same, insistent current of self, self, self."

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:35 pm

San Montalbano wrote:^ Desperate and thirsty for Trump to be secret Russian hitler

Go on, make the case.

Oh, wait, you cannot.

Which appears to be the case for, in terms of the collusion argument, with Mueller and Trump. Which, and if you'd understood what you just read at all you'd know this already,* is a good thing.

If I wanted you to hate Trump I wouldn't try and use something as pathetic and largely trivial as his legal problems to do it.*

*I do entertain the possibility that the report was never going to try and indict, charge or otherwise name Trump because the US doesn't have a rule of law, but this is a separate issue. This is obviously another good reason to not try and use the law to make anti-Trump argument... so as I said... if you'd understood what you'd read at all.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:36 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Chan Island wrote:Looking forward to seeing what happens when the report is leaked. Will be interesting to see what's inside.

And watch for the possible about-face from Trump when it turns out he is innocent.

Shock of the century.
Spend 3-4 years investigating find nothing but tax fraud, and dirty lawyers but nothing involving the Trump election.

Or

Spend 3-4 years investigating get several people in prison for tax related Crime/ fruad and Trump did something wrong.

Now we wait for the report to be released.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General