NATION

PASSWORD

Wargame simulations show Russia and China could defeat US

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Papalotltlan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Papalotltlan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:09 pm

Memeosan wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:If they continue development, they may be able to damage Seoul.

Still, their strange weapons other countries don’t use and other factors make them a physical threat. Although North Korea could launch a nuke at anyone and start a nuclear war, they probably won’t. Their ICBMs are pathetic, but unconventional weapons that they posses should be watched out for. Ultimately, neither North Korea or France have the power to beat their strongest enemies. Possession of nuclear devices is not a replacement for anything but other WMDs.

The Virgin Type 10 Hitomaru and M1A2 SEP 3 vs The Chad Pokpung-ho Tank

Heh, the US Air Force is gonna be real shocked when they realize that the tanks ARE the anti-air defenses!

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Papalotltlan wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Nations can't exist if there not bombing some other nation somewhere else.

Ok, and I'm a football playing king in space.

He's clearly not saying that. It is deluded to think that nations can all just live in peace, and history shows that is very very clearly not the case. I'm sure France would've loved to live in peace with the Germany in the 40's, but they couldn't. I'm sure Kuwait would've loved to live in peace with Iraq in the 90's, but again, they couldn't. Of course not all nations have to be in constant state of war to exist, but sometimes they need to fight wars to preserve this existence.

They could have if the treaty of versailles wasn't written to fuck over Germany.

If Sodamm Insane wasn't a greedy invading prick they could have.

Anyway, Russia and China are not currently threatening the existence of the US and friends.

So there is absolutely no reason to go to war with them and peace is the only logical option.

Papalotltlan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Papalotltlan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:14 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Papalotltlan wrote:
He's clearly not saying that. It is deluded to think that nations can all just live in peace, and history shows that is very very clearly not the case. I'm sure France would've loved to live in peace with the Germany in the 40's, but they couldn't. I'm sure Kuwait would've loved to live in peace with Iraq in the 90's, but again, they couldn't. Of course not all nations have to be in constant state of war to exist, but sometimes they need to fight wars to preserve this existence.

They could have if the treaty of versailles wasn't written to fuck over Germany.

Anyway, Russia and China are not currently threatening the existence of the US and friends.

So there is absolutely no reason to go to war with them and peace is the only logical option.

Well unfortunately, that wasn't the case then, and it isn't now. China is threatening the US and her allies of Taiwan and Japan. Russia is threatening Ukraine and the Middle East. I don't want war, but peace isn't the only logical option. I just hope that it's the best option.

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Papalotltlan wrote:Heh, the US Air Force is gonna be real shocked when they realize that the tanks ARE the anti-air defenses!

Stupid American make expensive luxury fighter jet with top of the line technology!
Superior North Korea use invention of Soviet and Chinese to destroy plane.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Papalotltlan wrote:

You are missing the point.
Nobody is saying launch a nuclear preemptive strike on them or something.
Greedy invading pricks are part of life.

You must be prepared to deal with them.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:16 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
Memeosan wrote:I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

It makes as much sense as saying France will defeat Russia with a few submarines.

Defeat? I never said defeat, I was saying the French have their own MAD potential to stop a Russian invasion from advancing too far into continental Europe. But I forgot I was talking to Americans, who only consider American hardware as a significant factor. Oh and Russian hardware of course, have to have a boogeyman to justify a bloated military budget.
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Memeosan
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Memeosan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Papalotltlan wrote:Heh, the US Air Force is gonna be real shocked when they realize that the tanks ARE the anti-air defenses!

Stupid American make expensive luxury fighter jet with top of the line technology!
Superior North Korea use invention of Soviet and Chinese to destroy plane.

Soon enough, the North Koreans are going to equip their tanks with nuclear missiles

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Memeosan wrote:Soon enough, the North Koreans are going to equip their tanks with nuclear missiles

I don’t think that’s new though. I think the Russians tried it.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:24 pm

I'm going to make the leap and suggest the US probably tried it at some point

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Papalotltlan wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:They could have if the treaty of versailles wasn't written to fuck over Germany.

Well unfortunately, that wasn't the case then, and it isn't now. China is threatening the US and her allies of Taiwan and Japan. Russia is threatening Ukraine and the Middle East. I don't want war, but peace isn't the only logical option. I just hope that it's the best option.

China grumbles and gripes about Taiwan all the time, Japan's self defense force makes sure that no one is invading Sunrise land anytime soon.

That and SK's armed forces is apart of the US's clubhouse of friends along with Japan.

So that would also be a deterrent. Not even war, Samsung can just move out of China and move into SK and America should China invade Japan for some reason.

Middle East is too much of a mess to do anything with rn, and Russia wouldn't full on invade Ukraine unless they wanted everyone to declare war on them.

Peace is the only option that doesn't have a body count so it is the best option.

Confederate States of German America
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederate States of German America » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Papalotltlan wrote:

I'll ask again, how deluded are you?
I'm literally OEP. Still a National Syndicalist.

All these horses in my car got me going fast
I just wanna do the dash, put my pedal to the gas
Going so fast, hope I don't crash
One false move, that could be my last

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Confederate States of German America wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:They could have if the treaty of versailles wasn't written to fuck over Germany.

TIL not wanting war makes you deluded.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederate States of German America » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:30 pm

Literally fucking no one is saying we should go to war right now, you've constructed a strawman. What is being suggested is that only delusions could be behind the logic that somehow we can just decide to "live in peace" and thus everyone else becomes a peaceful, rational actor. Reality is the real world doesn't work like that, which is why you arm the hell up.
Last edited by Confederate States of German America on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:32 pm

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:It makes as much sense as saying France will defeat Russia with a few submarines.

Defeat? I never said defeat, I was saying the French have their own MAD potential to stop a Russian invasion from advancing too far into continental Europe. But I forgot I was talking to Americans, who only consider American hardware as a significant factor. Oh and Russian hardware of course, have to have a boogeyman to justify a bloated military budget.

Nuking the country with the most nuclear capability right off the bat sounds like a terrible idea.

But I forgot I was talking to an arrogant Frenchman who thinks that France is the greatest country.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:33 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:I'm going to make the leap and suggest the US probably tried it at some point

I think they had a nuclear missile launcher that looked like a tank if that’s what you mean.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Papalotltlan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Papalotltlan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Papalotltlan wrote:

China grumbles and gripes about Taiwan all the time, Japan's self defense force makes sure that no one is invading Sunrise land anytime soon.

That and SK's armed forces is apart of the US's clubhouse of friends along with Japan.

So that would also be a deterrent. Not even war, Samsung can just move out of China and move into SK and America should China invade Japan for some reason.

Middle East is too much of a mess to do anything with rn, and Russia wouldn't full on invade Ukraine unless they wanted everyone to declare war on them.

Peace is the only option that doesn't have a body count so it is the best option.

Look up the Chinese 2020 plan, which is China's plan to "reintegrate" Taiwan by 2020, using force if necessary. Korea and Japan are only a deterrent if they get involved, which they may not with Taiwan as it would hurt their economies. While yes hoping for peace is the best option, hope in one hand and shit in the other, as they say.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:I'm going to make the leap and suggest the US probably tried it at some point

I think they had a nuclear missile launcher that looked like a tank if that’s what you mean.

No idea, I'm just assuming the US at some point during the Cold War tried to attach nukes to tanks.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:35 pm

I am not sure about nuclear armed tanks, but we did have nuclear weapons on jeeps, you could stick a Davy Crockett on a tank.

We did look at a nuclear powered tank.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_TV-8
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Papalotltlan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Papalotltlan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:38 pm

Novus America wrote:

I am not sure about nuclear armed tanks, but we did have nuclear weapons on jeeps, you could stick a Davy Crockett on a tank.

We did look at a nuclear powered tank.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_TV-8

If you ask me, nuclear tanks and jeeps are our best option. I mean think about it, would you fight a bastard crazy enough to put nuclear missiles on their jeeps?

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Literally fucking no one is saying we should go to war right now, you've constructed a strawman. What is being suggested is that only delusions could be behind the logic that somehow we can just decide to "live in peace" and thus everyone else becomes a peaceful, rational actor. Reality is the real world doesn't work like that, which is why you arm the hell up.

Just for clarification you are talking about this post right?

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Crazy idea:

we don't go to war with Russia and China or anyone and simply live in peace with them

Living in peace is what we are currently doing with Russia and China right now. The article OP posted talked about "World War III ‘wargames’ show U.S. forces crushed by Russia and China in certain hot spots around the globe."

So I say in response, just keep on living in peace with them.

Keep war as a last resort, beacuse I don't want war?

And I'm deluded for not wanting war.

US-SSR
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby US-SSR » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Internationalist Bastard wrote:Neat, now we’re gonna spend even more on our military

Rest assured the US will continue to spend more on its military than the next 20 or so nations. After all we need to continue to win most or all of the battles in the wars we will continue to lose. A couple more like Somalia, Afghanistan and/or Iraq and/or another election debacle like 2016 and Russia and/or China won't have to bother to invade. In particular if we can't even push a Maduro out in our own backyard without sending the Marines our standing as a global power is going to take a serious dive.
8:46

We're not going to control the pandemic!

It is a slaughter and not just a political dispute.

"The scraps of narcissism, the rotten remnants of conspiracy theories, the offal of sour grievance, the half-eaten bits of resentment flow by. They do not cohere. But they move in the same, insistent current of self, self, self."

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Papalotltlan wrote:

Look up the Chinese 2020 plan, which is China's plan to "reintegrate" Taiwan by 2020, using force if necessary. Korea and Japan are only a deterrent if they get involved, which they may not with Taiwan as it would hurt their economies. While yes hoping for peace is the best option, hope in one hand and shit in the other, as they say.

So what? China will ask for reintegration with Taiwan, Taiwan says no, China pisses and moans but eventually gets bored and goes back to makeing fucktones of money.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederate States of German America » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:50 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Crazy idea:

we don't go to war with Russia and China or anyone and simply live in peace with them

Living in peace is what we are currently doing with Russia and China right now. The article OP posted talked about "World War III ‘wargames’ show U.S. forces crushed by Russia and China in certain hot spots around the globe."

You're deluded in thinking that just because peace currently exists that it will stay that way, or that one can just simply "decide" to stay at peace with them. That's not how reality workers.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:53 pm

You're deluded in thinking that just because peace currently exists that it will stay that way, or that one can just simply "decide" to stay at peace with them. That's not how reality workers.

It will stay that way beacuse it's more profitable for China and Russia to stay at peace then go to war.

That and people don't want to go to war.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:57 pm

It will stay that way beacuse it's more profitable for China and Russia to stay at peace then go to war.

That and people don't want to go to war.

Tell that to Ukraine.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General