NATION

PASSWORD

Attn FT Players. (RP Rallying Thread)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Luxcentra
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Attn FT Players. (RP Rallying Thread)

Postby Luxcentra » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:52 pm

FT Roleplaying Center

I'd like to do an RP sometime in the near future. But there's hardly anything for FT players. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. So I've decided to create this thread as a place for FT players to submit ideas for an RP or just state what types of RP's they'd be interested in joining. Other FT players can then contact those players via a telegraph or here on this forum and set up the RP. In short, this thread should serve as a notice board for players looking to find other players to RP with.

Some Instructions

As it is known, there are many types of FT nations. Below there is a list of FT Roleplayers and they are categorized according to the Kardashev Scale. Below the List is a form for you to fill out to add your name to the list. Feel free to TG any of the players on this list for RP purposes.

Kardashev Scale
The Kardashev Scale is based on how much energy a civilization can harness.
A Type I civilization—also called a planetary civilization—can use and store all of the energy available on its planet. If your nation wanted to, could it organize and maintain a civilization that encompasses an entire planet?

A Type II civilization—also called a stellar civilization—can harness the total energy of its planet's parent star (the most popular hypothetical concept being the Dyson sphere—a device which would encompass the entire star and transfer its energy to the planet(s)). If your nation wanted to, could it organize and maintain a civilization that encompasses your entire solar system?

A Type III civilization—also called a galactic civilization—can control energy on the scale of its entire host galaxy. If your nation wanted to, could it organize and maintain a civilization on a galactic scale and no less?

Type IV's are Universal, Type V's are Multiversal.

Important: The main goal of using the Kardashev scale is to allow players to see how large and energy intensive their fellow RPers are, so that they can make more informed decisions when deciding who to RP with. Note: The Kardashev Scale is a measure of how much energy a civilization uses. It's a good measure for knowing if you're going up against a galactic empire or an early space age nation that is just barely colonizing its own solar system. It's not a good measure for being able to know how powerful another nation is.

If you are in between types, categorize yourself on what your nation's capabilities are and what it could do, with current resources available. For Example: if YN controls half a galaxy, but could not conceivably colonize, occupy and maintain control over the entire galaxy without expanding resource and tax income, YN is type II. If YN controls half the galaxy but has a large stockpile of resources, tons of energy, and a military that is capable of taking over the whole galaxy and maintaining order on a galactic scale, it is a type III. Categorize on current capabilities.

The following is a list of RP categories I've come up (feel free to suggest your own, and I'll add them if they're general enough).

RP Category
Economic
War
Marriage
Politics
Exploration
Diplomacy
Dispute (Non-violent)

Fill out the form below, and post it here.

Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name[/b]:
[b]RP Category[/b]:
[b]Prosposed RP Idea (Not Required)[/b]:
[b]Kardashev Type[/b]:
[b]FTL?[/b]:
[b]Short Nation description[/b]:
[b]Other Notes[/b]:

If you don't fill the proposed RP idea, please resort to sending a telegram to the player you wish to discuss any ideas with.

It's time we FT players had some of our own role-plays to take part in as well.

Thanks again, NS!

Note: I want to RP, so I’ll definitely be looking at any proposals that are made.

FT RPers Guide
In this guide, is a list of all FT players wishing to RP, feel free to TG them if you're interested in an RP with them.
Kardashev 1 & Below
Nation NameRP TypeRP IdeaOther Notes
The Hell LegionsEconomic, War, Politics, Exploration, Diplomacy, DisputeWe are willing to arm and train any nation fighting tyranny, for an incredibly low cost.FT/FanT. We happen to be the afterlife. We're not such a bad place though, we're dedicated to democracy and progress, and have an exceptionally happy, educated, and free population. We have dimensional travel. We prefer travel via Einstein-Rosen bridges. And anything involving us is bound to get weird in some fashion. Feel free to TG me with questions, I don't bite! Also, I have over 6 years of roleplay experience on other sites. I'm prepared for long-running, serious, not particularly fast-moving RPs, where each post might well be a page from a novel. FTL Communications. Dimensional Travel.
Camila I The ConservancyWar, Exploration, Diplomacy, Dispute (Non-violent)The state of the Camilan civilization varies greatly depending on the in-universe date. However, regardless of the specifics, the Camilan race is always ideologically disunified, and their destructive intraspecific conflicts severely hinder their advancement as a species. These conflicts often make for good inciting incidents, but in turn they make the Camilan civilization relatively weak when compared to the majority of other FT nations. Anyone wishing to do a war thread should keep this imbalance in mind.I do not consider all the threads I've written in to take place in the same order they were written, nor to affect a single, contiguous timeline. Any point along (or outside) the established timeline is a viable starting point for a new thread. Navigable Hyperspace FTL. The exact rules are described in the factbook.
OlimpiadaAnythingA highly industrialized and crowded democracy filled with xenophobes and rampant corporatism. Imperialism is common just as an effort to get people off their planets. For humans, the nation is very free, with all of the advantages and disadvantages that accompany that. For non-humans, the nation is a good place to be deported from since that means one wasn't killed. In roleplaying, I strive to use technology with a basis in reality, and as such pay attention to issues such as waste heat, acceleration gravity, sublight travel time, et cetera. However, I don't have anything against people who don't choose to do so, provided they aren't godmodding. As stated above, I'm interested in basically any sort of thread one might propose to me, the site's been slow lately. However, war thread after war thread has gotten sort of monotonous, and open conflict doesn't interest me much unless the premise or strategic situation is somehow unique. Instantaneous but wildly inefficient transport, instantaneous quantum entanglement link communications FTL.

Kardashev 2
LuxcentraEconomic, War, Marriage, Politics, DisputeI want to either trade with you, or be invaded.FT Ecumenopolis. FTL Communications available. FTL travel, not so much. Military built for defensive purposes. A primary center for innovation and enterprise, on a planet-wide city speeding around a little orange star in just 160 days. Part of a triple system with the orange dwarf, a red dwarf, and a black hole with approximately 100 solar masses.
GudmundEconomic, War, Marriage, Politics, DisputeDemocratic Empire, solar system+, heavily monitored borders, very obscure/secretive to outsiders, apathetic but fair, low population & birth rates, essentially alien dark elves, genetic & cybernetic enhancements, rare mutant abominations, mostly droid/robot workforce, very practical, anti-religion, very close community, no alien species immigration. Travel and communications + nigh-instant travel with giant warp gate structures
Great Aletia (Limited Availability)Diplomatic, Exploration, WarMy Crown Prince does need a wife...The Aletian Empire is a federalist absolute monarchy located in the Aletian cluster, a star cluster located a few thousand light years from the Milky Way. The fleet which settled it was originally bound for the Delta Quadrant, but ran into an anomaly on the way that sent it far off course. With no way to get back, the colonists settled down, eventually forming the Aletian Republic, which reformed into the Aletian Empire to better defend itself and its people and purge the government of corruption (Think of a Napoleon or Augustus style revolution which forms an "empire for the people" to replace a "decadent" republic) 90 years before the present. The Aletian cluster is connected to the Milky Way by a wormhole, which was recently discovered by the Crown Prince, Vice Admiral Theodore Nicolaides. The colony is underdeveloped despite significant investment, as the wormhole is small and unstable. Travel can take some time and most ships can't enter it, a fact which has led some Imperial councilors to worry for the Crown Prince's safety. Still, the Emperor believes that learning to rule the colony will better prepare his son for the throne and that the Empire needs a figure of his stature to represent it in the Milky Way, so the situation is unlikely to change. Plans are currently underway to construct a series of energy generators around the wormhole on both sides to stabilise it and allow larger ships to enter.
DiarcesiaEconomic, War (Defensive), Marriage, Politics, Exploration, Diplomacy, Dispute The Pixel War: Diarcesia under the leadership of Monarchess Nady of Staur defeated an invasion of the Pixels, earning her the epithet Pixel-Slayer. Time period: Unknown, only established fact is that it started and ended during Nady's reign, which is between 2217 and 2272.A political entity that endured since the 9th Century by maintaining a delicate balance between tradition and innovation, Diarcesia is a Monarchy (in its own fashion) that experienced an explosion of technological and economic advancements in the latter half of the 21st Century. Nowadays, it expands via colonization and confederation, but if invaded, it tends to keep its gains at the invader's expense. Actual KardashevType varies: I (22nd Century), II (23nd Century), III (c. 8th Millennium). FTL Travel.
Free TranshumanistsEconomic, Politics, Exploration, DiplomacyHighly industrialized nation, main planet is on surface unhabitable - toxic, heavy metal (industrial) pollution. Overall nation permanently controlls territory of 4 solar systems. Other solar systems are temporary colonized until resources are completely drained. Government itself has often chaotic and unpredictable behavior in international environment. Economy is highly cartelized and monopolized (cartels are subsidized and their economic behavior is very aggressive). Corruption, clientelism and elitism is common. However nation is also very socially progressive, multicultural, protects basic human rights, supports immigration, has considerably developed public education system etc. Khalyan Jump Drive - instant interstellar jump, but it takes some time for the core to recharge and to calculate jump coordinates. I use NS stats. I'm not a native speaker.

Kardashev 3
Reich of the New World OrderEconomic, War, Politics, Dispute Maybe a war or dispute RP about us stealing corpses from graves or funding terrorists.The RNWO is a totalitarian democracy that hides in the shadows and mostly uses proxy nations or organizations to sow chaos for the Archons amusement. It is extremely tehnology advanced and it uses that tehnology to mess with other nations, create all sorts of weird objects and generally be a major nuisance to everyone, it dose occasionally send freedom packages to other nations which can include weapons, tehnology or be completely empty with a note saying they got air. I dont usually RP and im not a fan of very serious roleplays.
HiachijanAnythingNot primarily FT, I'll admit, but a setting on an experimental planet where numerous races are planted and sent back to the medieval age to interact with one another. FT elements involved with original empires observing from space or their technology landing and being worshipped as "godly artifacts."Anatomically-weird society who just wanna traverse the cosmos and spread some music. Divided among different nations that usually work together in a united spacefaring effort. Our ships aren't the strongest, but they're pretty speedy. I mentioned this before, but I hate overtly-serious RP's. I appreciate it when a bit of satire is permitted, and I'll happily participate in settings that are generally nonsensical in their entirety. Don't get me wrong, though. I like well-made worldbuilding and in-depth descriptions to the functionality. Will happily accept advice and TG's. FTL quantum-entanglement comms and fast hyperdrive travel available, convenient intergalactic warp travel is possible but expensive.

Kardashev 4

Kardashev 5
Multiversal Venn-CopardExploration, War, DiplomacyIf the expression "Outside Context Problem" rings any bells - there's always room for even the biggest and baddest FT nations around to find themselves thrown into a situation far beyond what they've come to expect. A similarly stupidly powerful multiversal nation, however, might find something nice in, say, cooperating with the VCMR on an exploration project or assisting in a large-scale defense mission.The VCMR is a two-species polity of multiversal conquerors-turned-interventionists; after expanding to fill up practically all occupied space in their multiverse cluster of origin, they are only now beginning to slowly leak out and make connections throughout the greater omniverse. They are known for staying relatively unaugmented despite their exceptionally advanced technology, for their violent reactions to domineering cosmic entities or "gods", and for a singleminded focus on the supremacy of mass deployment of weaponry. There's definitely some desire to throw around the real weight of a multiversal superpower on my end, though obviously since other FT nations aren't of the necessary scale, I'll have to figure out some kind of compromise, for sure. FTL - of several varieties - plus interuniversal travel, plus FTLi hardening.
ScinanAnyAny kind of first contact scenario is a real blast, but the meat and gristle of a good Scinan story really revolves around trying to capture and contrast their essential alienness against more conventional nations and cultures, especially to the point that other cultures conflict with them despite their good intentions. One particular hook is that Scinan, in adopting corporate personhood, also extended the right of personal incorporation, which leads to a situation in which the overwhelming majority of companies and their employees are owned by one another to varying degrees...effectively a bizarre, complex form of mutualistic slavery that might seem ethically abhorrent to any outsider from a more conventional culture, including those of other slavers. A well-intentioned nation might try liberating some of Scinan's personnel, only to find themselves embroiled in a far more politically and economically complicated situation than they anticipated.
More than a nation, Scinan sees itself as an ideal. And this is more than a matter of poetry...the Department of Government Services is essentially run by a vast system of administrative automation systems with an emergent synthetic intellect informed by the aggregate of it's constituency. People vote with their thoughts, actions and social media posts, shaping the mind of the state to the will of it's employees...and visa versa in a frighteningly efficient feedback loop.

To prevent stagnation, they constantly seek contact with new cultures and life-forms, seeking inspiration and new paradigm-shattering thought patterns to uplift and incorporate.

A bit like the Borg, if the Borg really valued your individual input to the point of being able to assign a dollar value to your opinion. Scinan really can work well in any venue at any tech level, being more concerned about cultural and developmental matters than the raw power of their technology per se. They are comprised of a wide variety of subsidiary/client cultures at various levels of development, and of the few laws they have most govern their interactions and uplift processes with new nations they encounter. Not all subsidiaries are as cooperative within Scinan as others, and GS itself normally only intervenes if something threatens infrastructure or public works, leaving local matters to be settled locally. Scinan employs a variety of transportation technologies depending on the distances and timescales involved. All vessels are equipped with chronospacial folding drives which are used both as a backup FTL unit and multifunction weapon suite.
Last edited by Luxcentra on Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 19 times in total.
FT Ecumenopolis
Used a base picture of the moon Titan, and made the changes to make it look like a planet-wide city. (Scroll to bottom of link for picture of planet)

Luxcentra was colonized with the goal of becoming the galactic center of NS Commerce.

ENTP|Taurus|Lawful Good|Earth/Light
My Values
Luxcentran Values
Lux Central News -- Preparing For Tomorrow | Residents worried of the President's sudden authoritarian turn | Construction of a new central district to replace the current capital is under way.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:18 am

How much weirdness are you willing to accept though?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Luxcentra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxcentra » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:02 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:How much weirdness are you willing to accept though?

I just wanna RP bro. I will sell myself to make it happen. I’ll make you ~feel good~
Jokes aside—I don’t care about the weirdness. This is supposed to be a place for FT players to find new RPs and ideas, share with each other and have more opportunities to get engaged with NS itself. I don’t necessarily have to be involved.

And we’ve actually RPed before, remember Luminumbra’s Wedding? Grand Dietus speaking here. Lol. Unfortunately, I got mixed up overseas with my internet and the RP died as a result. I’m not going overseas anytime soon I promise lol.
Last edited by Luxcentra on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FT Ecumenopolis
Used a base picture of the moon Titan, and made the changes to make it look like a planet-wide city. (Scroll to bottom of link for picture of planet)

Luxcentra was colonized with the goal of becoming the galactic center of NS Commerce.

My Values
Luxcentran Values
Lux Central News -- Preparing For Tomorrow | Residents worried of the President's sudden authoritarian turn | Construction of a new central district to replace the current capital is under way.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Ahh bloody hell, sorry I forgot lol.

Anyways, the guy runnung Covorus is playing as a futuristic company, kinda like SCP soon. Haven't got a reply for him yet though.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

The Hell Legions
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hell Legions » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:41 am

Got some serious weirdness here myself: FanT/FT. High technology AND high magic. And of course, technology that runs on magic (and also vice versa.)

Anyways, yeah, I'd love some serious RP, but there's a huge lack of RP for anything beyond MT and the occasional PMT. That's a damn shame; most of what I roleplay isn't MT. So there just isn't a lot for me here, despite that I joined for the RPs.

Nation Name: Hell
RP Category: Economic, War, Politics, Dispute
Prosposed RP Idea (Not Required):
Other Notes: We're both FanT and FT, and anything we're in is bound to get several kinds of weird. Also, I have over 6 years of roleplay experience on other sites. I'm prepared for long-running, serious, not particularly fast-moving RPs, where each post might well be a page from a novel.
NS Stats don't even make sense for this. Canon policies are here. WA category is canon though!
Important Military Info Rated 10/10 by DES.
A 1.6 repeating civilization, according to this index. Tier 9, Level 9, Type 11.

Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:18 am

How FT are we talking about?
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks.

The Hell Legions
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hell Legions » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:39 am

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:How FT are we talking about?

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I can speak for myself.

We have a post-scarcity economy where pretty much nobody actually needs to work to keep the economy running, as machines do nearly everything, and can mass produce just about anything we need, and cheaply at that. We're able to cross through into other dimensions, and even had colonies on other dimensions for a while (we travel dimensions, not space), but they are independent now, and we don't really need colonies in the modern age anyways. We have cybernetics and biological augmentations abound, which, even when applied to humans rendered low caliber weaponry obsolete. (Not even counting against us, as we aren't exactly human. Superhuman might be a better term.) We have technology that can produce magical effects (e.g. a harness that can use magic to generate a shield around the user), and we have magic that can interface with technology (e.g. summoning nuclear warheads to avoid the need for a missile transport, instead directly delivering the payload through Einstein-Rosen bridges). We have sapient AIs, and they are equal citizens. DEWs exist in a specialized capacity. FTL communications are possible using quantum physics (though FTL travel isn't; it just isn't a thing that is possible in our world. So we use Einstein-Rosen bridges instead.), and quantum computers exist. Oh, and we can generate lots of plasma to use as projectile weapons, filling the air with countless super-heated projectiles, but that's more of our magic than tech.
NS Stats don't even make sense for this. Canon policies are here. WA category is canon though!
A 1.6 repeating civilization, according to this index. Tier 9, Level 9, Type 11.

Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:47 am

The Hell Legions wrote:

We have a post-scarcity economy where pretty much nobody actually needs to work to keep the economy running, as machines do nearly everything, and can mass produce just about anything we need, and cheaply at that. We're able to cross through into other dimensions, and even had colonies on other dimensions for a while (we travel dimensions, not space), but they are independent now, and we don't really need colonies in the modern age anyways. We have cybernetics and biological augmentations abound, which, even when applied to humans rendered low caliber weaponry obsolete. (Not even counting against us, as we aren't exactly human. Superhuman might be a better term.) We have technology that can produce magical effects (e.g. a harness that can use magic to generate a shield around the user), and we have magic that can interface with technology (e.g. summoning nuclear warheads to avoid the need for a missile transport, instead directly delivering the payload through Einstein-Rosen bridges). We have sapient AIs, and they are equal citizens. DEWs exist in a specialized capacity. FTL communications are possible using quantum physics (though FTL travel isn't; it just isn't a thing that is possible in our world. So we use Einstein-Rosen bridges instead.), and quantum computers exist. Oh, and we can generate lots of plasma to use as projectile weapons, filling the air with countless super-heated projectiles, but that's more of our magic than tech.

Yeah, that's too FT for me. The furthest I've ever RP'd was 2050.
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks.

The Hell Legions
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hell Legions » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:28 pm

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:
The Hell Legions wrote:

Yeah, that's too FT for me. The furthest I've ever RP'd was 2050.

You might be FT or perhaps PMT. Dates aren't the important distinction; technological progress is.

Luxcentra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxcentra » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:41 pm

The Hell Legions wrote:Got some serious weirdness here myself: FanT/FT. High technology AND high magic. And of course, technology that runs on magic (and also vice versa.)

Anyways, yeah, I'd love some serious RP, but there's a huge lack of RP for anything beyond MT and the occasional PMT. That's a damn shame; most of what I roleplay isn't MT. So there just isn't a lot for me here, despite that I joined for the RPs.

Nation Name: Hell
RP Category: Economic, War, Politics, Dispute
Prosposed RP Idea (Not Required):
Other Notes: We're both FanT and FT, and anything we're in is bound to get several kinds of weird. Also, I have over 6 years of roleplay experience on other sites. I'm prepared for long-running, serious, not particularly fast-moving RPs, where each post might well be a page from a novel.

You just gave me an idea. I'm going to add a section to the code for a short description of YN, and add said nation to a list of RPers. We're an Ecumenopolis (Planet-wide City), I want to start some FT storefronts, but I want to see more FT players on here before I really dive in.

I'll categorize the list of RPers based on the kardashev scale and include dimensional travel capabilities.
FT Ecumenopolis

My Values
Luxcentran Values

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:54 pm

The Hell Legions wrote:

Sounds like a good rival for Amenria. Hell, we can even be IC enemies. Got any good ideas yet?

The Hell Legions
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hell Legions » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:18 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
The Hell Legions wrote:

Sounds like a good rival for Amenria. Hell, we can even be IC enemies. Got any good ideas yet?

I have RP ideas.

One of them is that I could trade with another nation that's going to war against a dictatorship. (We've actually supported human rebels in canon.)

Sure, we could go to war, possibly. We don't have any spacecraft though. (We haven't... needed any. Which is why we don't have any. We're more of dimension hoppers.) We'll likely try to see what allies we can get, however. Worth stating, combat is likely to... not be what you'd expect from us.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:32 pm

The Hell Legions wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

I have RP ideas.

One of them is that I could trade with another nation that's going to war against a dictatorship. (We've actually supported human rebels in canon.)

Sure, we could go to war, possibly. We don't have any spacecraft though. (We haven't... needed any. Which is why we don't have any. We're more of dimension hoppers.) We'll likely try to see what allies we can get, however. Worth stating, combat is likely to... not be what you'd expect from us.

I was thinking more like missions against each other with a small team of maybe 5 people each, but yea, sure, that'll work.

The Hell Legions
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hell Legions » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:40 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
The Hell Legions wrote:
I have RP ideas.

I was thinking more like missions against each other with a small team of maybe 5 people each, but yea, sure, that'll work.

*chuckles for a moment*

You don't know what kind of wars we wage, do you? You do know where warfare moves when the capacity to destroy outpaces the capacity to move, yes? (Send more in TGs, don't want to clutter this thread up too much)
Last edited by The Hell Legions on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luxcentra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxcentra » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:52 am

The Hell Legions wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

*chuckles for a moment*

You don't know what kind of wars we wage, do you? You do know where warfare moves when the capacity to destroy outpaces the capacity to move, yes? (Send more in TGs, don't want to clutter this thread up too much)

By all means, I'd like to keep this thread on the first page. So I'm glad you're being courteous, but I wouldn't have minded a couple more posts. That's what this thread is for. Right?
FT Ecumenopolis

My Values
Luxcentran Values

The Hell Legions
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hell Legions » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:07 am

Luxcentra wrote:
The Hell Legions wrote:
*chuckles for a moment*

By all means, I'd like to keep this thread on the first page. So I'm glad you're being courteous, but I wouldn't have minded a couple more posts. That's what this thread is for. Right?

Okay then...

Well, what happens what the capacity to destroy one's enemies outpaces the capacity to move is trench warfare. That's the kind of warfare we engage in. And for good reason.

Armored warfare is what broke trench warfare, it's why WWII didn't devolve into the same trench fighting as WWI, and it is used to this day. So what happens when you break armored warfare with easily mass-produced and mass-deployed anti-tank measures? And add to it easy anti-aircraft and anti-missile defenses? You get trench warfare again is what happens.

We don't need to win any battles, we just need to have less of our people die than the enemy. Wage a stalemate long enough and it'll come down to who has better logistics, espionage, and a more efficient wartime economy, and who can better undermine their opponent's ability to fight.

Luxcentra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxcentra » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:18 am

The Hell Legions wrote:
Luxcentra wrote:

Okay then...

Well, what happens what the capacity to destroy one's enemies outpaces the capacity to move is trench warfare. That's the kind of warfare we engage in. And for good reason.

Armored warfare is what broke trench warfare, it's why WWII didn't devolve into the same trench fighting as WWI, and it is used to this day. So what happens when you break armored warfare with easily mass-produced and mass-deployed anti-tank measures? And add to it easy anti-aircraft and anti-missile defenses? You get trench warfare again is what happens.

We don't need to win any battles, we just need to have less of our people die than the enemy. Wage a stalemate long enough and it'll come down to who has better logistics, espionage, and a more efficient wartime economy, and who can better undermine their opponent's ability to fight.

Lol, sorry, am super tired. What I meant was: It's not a big deal, if you post a little on here.
Last edited by Luxcentra on Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
FT Ecumenopolis

My Values
Luxcentran Values

Gudmund
Envoy

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Gudmund » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:51 am

Nation Name: Gudmund
RP Category: Economic, War, Marriage, Politics, Dispute
Proposed RP Idea:
Kardashev Type: II
FTL?: Travel and communications + nigh-instant travel with giant warp gate structures
Short Nation description: Democratic Empire, solar system+, heavily monitored borders, very obscure/secretive to outsiders, apathetic but fair, low population & birth rates, essentially alien dark elves, genetic & cybernetic enhancements, rare mutant abominations, mostly droid/robot workforce, very practical, anti-religion, very close community, no alien species immigration.
Other Notes:

Wasn't expecting a telegraphed invitation, but I'm up for this. I'm pretty much up for anything but won't tolerate planet or nation destroying events, metagaming, or miraculously knowing everything about a nation.
Civilisation:
Tier 8, Level 3, Type 7
An 8.625 civilization - according to this index
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Leader: Albani Gudmund
Setting: FT (2060+), the ruling nation of a non-human, low population, galactic Empire spanning just beyond its solar system. Primarily using advanced, mass-produced droids to handle most menial tasks and to fill the ranks of its military alongside living soldiers.

Luxcentra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxcentra » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:55 am

Gudmund wrote:
Nation Name: Gudmund
RP Category: Economic, War, Marriage, Politics, Dispute
Proposed RP Idea:
Kardashev Type: II
FTL?: Travel and communications + nigh-instant travel with giant warp gate structures
Short Nation description: Democratic Empire, solar system+, heavily monitored borders, very obscure/secretive to outsiders, apathetic but fair, low population & birth rates, essentially alien dark elves, genetic & cybernetic enhancements, rare mutant abominations, mostly droid/robot workforce, very practical, anti-religion, very close community, no alien species immigration.
Other Notes:

Wasn't expecting a telegraphed invitation, but I'm up for this. I'm pretty much up for anything but won't tolerate planet or nation destroying events, metagaming, or miraculously knowing everything about a nation.

Of course. Godmodding is the worst. That's why I've oriented my military for defensive purposes--less risk of overdoing it. Also it just makes more sense for a nation like mine :p

By the way, for an RP Idea, I want my nation to be attacked. We have 7 colonized planets in one solar system and 10 colonized moons. Most of the colonized moons have no more than a few million people and are centers of mining. Ice mining is very lucrative on these moons, as Luxcentra has no naturally forming ice. Moons and asteroids are where we get most of our mineral resources, and 6 of the 7 planets are strictly for agricultural use.

The 7th Planet is the planet-wide city itself. Lots of brainpower, patents, innovation, manufacturing, research & commerce go to those who control the planet.

We have a central black hole, that is surrounded by a primitive Dyson sphere (which was built at quite a large distance from the event horizon and at extremely fast speeds), mainly used to generate a shield to ensure the stability of the system. Long and arduous processes done by the military are involved in maintaining the size and stability of the black hole.

It's up to the invader to figure out how to take the ecumenopolis. If you can even do so!!

TG me if you're interested!
Last edited by Luxcentra on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
FT Ecumenopolis

My Values
Luxcentran Values

Great Aletia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 18, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Great Aletia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:08 am

This looks interesting. I won't have time for a few weeks because of university projects but after that I may be interested. I could post an application, but I'm wary of putting my name down until I have the time required to post in a reasonable capacity.

Greater Aletian Empire

Luxcentra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxcentra » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 am

Great Aletia wrote:This looks interesting. I won't have time for a few weeks because of university projects but after that I may be interested. I could post an application, but I'm wary of putting my name down until I have the time required to post in a reasonable capacity.

Of course. How about we put your name down, and I'll put a notification of limited availability until you post here saying otherwise?
FT Ecumenopolis

My Values
Luxcentran Values

Great Aletia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 18, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Great Aletia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:53 am

Luxcentra wrote:
Great Aletia wrote:This looks interesting. I won't have time for a few weeks because of university projects but after that I may be interested. I could post an application, but I'm wary of putting my name down until I have the time required to post in a reasonable capacity.

Of course. How about we put your name down, and I'll put a notification of limited availability until you post here saying otherwise?

That works. Here you go.

Nation Name: Greater Aletian Empire
RP Category: Diplomatic/Exploration/Warfare
Prosposed RP Idea: My Crown Prince does need a wife...
Kardashev Type: 2.25? The Empire has easy access to FTL travel and communications, but only communications are instant, and only if the right equipment is available. Hyper gates which allow for instantaneous travel do exist, but cost more than most systems make, meaning they aren't very common. Only provincial capitals and some sector capitals really have them. Most travel is along natural hyperlanes. Artificial hyper lanes can be created, but this is an expensive nd ardous process. Ships can enter hyperspace outside of hyperlanes, but travel is very slow. When it comes to how large the Empire is, it doesn't control a galaxy or anything approaching that, but it does control a fair few star systems. I've never been one for strict numbers, but the count would probably be over one hundred, but not more than two hundred. I can scale this up or down to fit whoever I'm writing with, should it be required.
FTL?: See above. Also here for a more in depth account, which I will eventually get around to finishing.
Short Nation Description: The Aletian Empire is an a federalist absolute monarchy located in the Aletian cluster, a star cluster located a few thousand light years from the Milky Way. The Aletian cluster was colonised by accident. The fleet which settled it was originally bound for the Delta quadrant, but ran into an anomaly on the way that sent it far off course. With no way to get back, the colonists settled down, eventually forming the Aletian Republic, which reformed into the Aletian Empire to better defend itself and its people and purge the government of corruption (Think of a Napoleon or Augustus style revolution which forms an "empire for the people" to replace a "decadent" republic) 90 years before the peesent. The Aletian cluster is connected to the Milky Way by a wormhole, which was recently discovered by the Crown Prince, Vice Admiral Theodore Nicolaides, who rules the Empire's first extragalactic (From the Aletian point of view given where they are) colony. The colony is underdeveloped despite significant investment, as the wormhole is small and unstable. Travel can take some time and most ships can't enter it, a fact which has led some Imperial councillors to worry for the Crown Prince's safety. If the wormhole collapsed, he may be stranded, or if the colony was attacked, he could be killed. Still, the Emperor believes that learning to rule the colony will better prepare his son for the throne, and that the Empire needs a figure of his stature to represent it in the Milky Way, so the situation is unlikely to change. Plans are currently underway to construct a series of energy generators around the wormhole on both sides to stabilise it and allow larger ships to enter, but this will take some time.
Other Notes: My experience is mainly with playing two or three key characters (Typically my nation's emperor and figures around him) rather than an army of fleet, though I'm not against playing either.

The Aletian armed forces are mostly a defensive force. A species of semi-nomadic xenos inhabit the outer regions of much of the Aletian cluster, which the Aletian armed forces have been fighting for several centuries.

I will have limited availability for the foreseeable future due to university commitments.
Last edited by Great Aletia on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Greater Aletian Empire

Hiachijan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiachijan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:02 am

I might give this a look, I don't get involved in a lot of FT RP's, but I feel like I've got a good setup for them. I personally prefer the more satirical settings, I can't stand overtly-serious RP's.
Interstellar state of a blind, music-loving race of aliens. TGs are welcomed.
[floatleft][b]Q&A

Reich of the New World Order
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reich of the New World Order » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:36 am

Nation Name: The Multiversal Union of Reich of the New World Order
RP Category:Economic , War , Politics, Dispute
Prosposed RP Idea (Not Required): Maybe a war or dispute RP about us stealing corpses from graves or funding terrorists.
Kardashev Type: The closest to the reich is Type III
FTL?: The Reich has FTL tehnology but it mainly uses teleportation.
Short Nation description: The RNWO is a totalitarian democracy that hides in the shadows and mostly uses proxy nations or organizations to sow chaos for the Archons amusement. It is extremely tehnology advanced and it uses that tehnology to mess with other nations, create all sorts of weird objects and generally be a major nuisance to everyone, it dose occasionally send freedom packages to other nations which can include weapons, tehnology or be completely empty with a note saying they got air.
Other Notes: I dont usually RP and im not a fan of very serius roleplays, my grammar may also not be the best.
One Reality of Archona

ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA!

Buy People NS stats are not used

Luxcentra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxcentra » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:45 am

Reich of the New World Order wrote:Nation Name: The Multiversal Union of Reich of the New World Order
RP Category:Economic , War , Politics, Dispute
Prosposed RP Idea (Not Required): Maybe a war or dispute RP about us stealing corpses from graves or funding terrorists.
Kardashev Type: The closest to the reich is Type III
FTL?: The Reich has FTL tehnology but it mainly uses teleportation.
Short Nation description: The RNWO is a totalitarian democracy that hides in the shadows and mostly uses proxy nations or organizations to sow chaos for the Archons amusement. It is extremely tehnology advanced and it uses that tehnology to mess with other nations, create all sorts of weird objects and generally be a major nuisance to everyone, it dose occasionally send freedom packages to other nations which can include weapons, tehnology or be completely empty with a note saying they got air.
Other Notes: I dont usually RP and im not a fan of very serius roleplays, my grammar may also not be the best.

The funding terrorists seems to be a good idea. How would you want to go about it? By the way, you were added.
Last edited by Luxcentra on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
FT Ecumenopolis

My Values
Luxcentran Values

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents