NATION

PASSWORD

Iris - A Parahumans RP (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 am

Utceforp wrote:
Okayanos wrote:
The easiest way would be to limit what kind of transformations he’s capable of- instead of shrinking, growing, blade-ing, and tendril-ing all at once, he’s got one type to fall back on. Maybe a combination, like he can make parts of himself bigger while also making them sharper. Or he only alters one aspect of his body, like skin, bone, muscle, etc. As another alternative, stricter resource limits- maybe he can’t change anything on himself without immediately consuming something the moment he wants to change. That’s what I have off the top of my head.

I might go with resource limitations, just because I like the disguise applications of his power and don't want to limit them. I could get rid of the "hammerspace" ability and force him to work with just the mass within his own body, meaning that if he wants to increase the size or density of part of his body, he has to decrease the size or density of another body part.

Also, in hindsight, forming prehensile tendrils is effectively giving him a extra limbs (I decided early on that "growing new body parts" would be beyond the limits of his power.) so I'll get rid of that too. (Theoretically he would still be able to form non-prehensible tendrils, since those are just really long and floppy ridges, but I can't see any practical applications for that.)

Would that be enough?

Sounds okay to me. Consider the power accepted- now just waiting on the rest of his application to be filled out.

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Vitri

Accepted.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:59 am

Will we have a free hand in world building and expanding the lore so long as it stays reasonable and in line with canon?

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Okayanos » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:12 am

Jade Confederacy wrote:Will we have a free hand in world building and expanding the lore so long as it stays reasonable and in line with canon?

To some degree, yes- your character's app added in the Brookland St. Gang as a group that people can create members for.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:28 am

EDITED woops, used a WIP name, fixed

Character App

Name: Ziva
Alias: Stinkbug
Alignment: Hero (Ward)

BACKGROUND

Nationality: Unknown, presumed American
Hometown: Portland

Personality: Generally depressive and frequently anxious, Ziva is known among her fellow Wards as an introvert, though not of her own design. Afraid of hurting others with her power, Ziva builds up walls with those around her, fabricating reasons for not allowing others to get close. Underneath her shell, she desperately wants friends, but fear and self-hatred generally wins out over her naturally friendly demeanor.

Trigger Event: Ziva has no recollection of not having powers, or any memories of her life before beyond fleeting glances at scenes or the occassional dreamed voice. Dropped in the Cascadian wilderness by an unknown-to-her force at the age of thirteen, Ziva's first exposure to consciousness was trudging her way through the Pacific Northwest's mighty forests, badly beaten and bruised from the fall from whatever brought her there, desperately calling out for help. Help would not come that night, and forced to fend for herself in the cold of mid autumn, it slowly became apparent to her that she was abnormal. An attempt to start a fire using muscle-memory she couldn't source and desperation nearly ended her life, as the sparks ignited a flammable gas that was pooling around her. This seemingly disasterous event was to be her salvation, though, as the wildfire it sparked got the attention of the local emergency services. Her fortune, however, would be someone else's misfortune: fleeing the fire, Ziva found herself in a camp site, and the terror within her shifted to elation, though not for long, as the other effects of her power became apparent. Were it not for the quickly-arriving fire brigades and medical teams, they would have surely asphyxiated there, as the oxygen was slowly pushed out of their tent. Ziva was arrested on the scene by responding PRT, who mistook her for a villain until a medical examination revealed the C tattoo on her ribs, beneath her left arm. Taken in by the PRT director as a Ward to protect her, Ziva was also given a name, and the suit she wears to control and protect others from her unrestrained power.

Power: Shaker/Blaster. Ziva constantly emits a semi-odorless, semi-clear gas from her pores and orifices, which has several different properties dependent on her mental state, and largely influenced by a rudimentary flight-or-fight response that is not human in nature. Generally, the gas is flammable, moreso when Ziva is in a heightened state of exertion, and igniting it can cause a concussive shock as well as numerous fires in the area of effect, though it has been noted through testing that there is a Manton limitation that prevents the gas from being ignited within Ziva, potentially related to its method of expulsion from her body. The gas will either consume oxygen and most other gases, or in the case of particularly light gasses, push them upwards and out of the space, though once it is no longer interacting with oxygen, it will begin to dissipate.

Though generally clear and lacking in odor, high stress and high levels of exertion give the gas a cloudy, snot-green appearance, and a nearly-debilitating smell that is subtly different to most people. Cited smells include rotten eggs, spoiled meat, decomposing flesh, as well as more specifically hated smells, such as the favorite flowers of a departed loved one. With no suit to limit her output, a calm Ziva can remove the air out of an elevator in five minutes.
Weaknesses: Ziva has no ability to shut her power off, and it is constantly emitting the gas even when she sleeps, though she is capable of suppressing it for short bursts of time with great effort. As such, she is constantly wearing a tinker-maintained biohazard suit, specially made for her, which seals and temporarily stores her gas, as well as diverts it through a series of weaponized tubes. She is incapable of skin-to-skin contact with most anyone, save for those with extremely powerful invulnerability, relevant healing powers or lack of need for oxygen. Ziva is also extremely fragile mentally, and could be psychologically broken or manipulated with the right information about her condition.

Equipment and weapons: Tinker-maintained hazmat suit, equipped with various tubing to direct her gas into temporary storage tubes or into weaponized emitters. Comes with various self-maintenance features, including straps and patches for field repairs, and detachable containers for deploying gas-grenades. PRT-issue goggles also help her see within the gas she creates, displaying thermal and various other vision-displays for her.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Skills: Some sewing and similar seamstress skills related to maintaining her suit in the field.
Connections: Portland Wards, Portland PRT, various parahuman and Case-53 research teams interested in her power
Goals: long-term suppression of her powers
Theme Song: TBD
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:37 am

Looks like we have our first
vial cape
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:48 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:Looks like we have our first
vial cape

Contessa wants to know your location

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Okayanos » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Stinkbug

A Case 53, nice. Accepted. Love her alias.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Okayanos wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Stinkbug

A Case 53, nice. Accepted. Love her alias.

Thanks! I love the idea of someone piercing the suits environmental controls and realizing "ohhhh, that's why."

@}-;-'---

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:Looks like we have our first
vial cape

*hides behind Eidolon :blink:

Plz confirm if Contessa and Doctor Mother are still running Cauldron? I’d like to think of those two as a constant, even across alternate universes like this one. Our resident cape-Illuminati isn’t the same without scary hat lady and le doctor mama imo.
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:

*hides behind Eidolon :blink:

Plz confirm if Contessa and Doctor Mother are still running Cauldron? i’d Like to think of those two as a constant, even across alternate universes like this one. Our resident cape-Illuminati isn’t the same without scary hat lady and le doctor mama imo.

Yeah OP if you could clarify this, and my own question or two, I'd appreciate it:

Considering it's still called the Manton effect, can we presume that Manton also exists in this universe? And this is set in 2019 unlike Worm's 2013, yeah?

@}-;-'---

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Okayanos » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Plz confirm if Contessa and Doctor Mother are still running Cauldron? I’d like to think of those two as a constant, even across alternate universes like this one. Our resident cape-Illuminati isn’t the same without scary hat lady and le doctor mama imo.

They're around. Likely won't show up in the RP, though.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:29 pm

What about the Slaughterhouse 9?
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Talchyon wrote:What about the Slaughterhouse 9?

No exact Slaughterhouse Nine, but we'll have our own rough equivalent group of Murderhobos.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Great minds think alike it seems b/c I asked the same thing. OP confirmed there is an S9 analogue in this alt-wormverse.

Okayanos wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:
Good to know. Does that mean we also have our own S9? As well as
Cauldron?

I ask mainly in regard to Case 53s. Might app as one, though I'm not sure on the status of non-trigger capes.

Also, I'll try to have an app up soon.

We'll have our own Slaughterhouse Nine eventually- or at least, a team of villains that has a different name but still functions in much the same way.

Cauldron exists, being much the same as they are in Worm, because I like having Case 53s as a thing for people to be. However, we're currently staying away from using vials for now just because adding it as a character creation option would be a massive spoiler.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:

Great minds think alike it seems b/c I asked the same thing. OP confirmed there is an S9 analogue in this alt-wormverse.

Okayanos wrote:
We'll have our own Slaughterhouse Nine eventually- or at least, a team of villains that has a different name but still functions in much the same way.

Cauldron exists, being much the same as they are in Worm, because I like having Case 53s as a thing for people to be. However, we're currently staying away from using vials for now just because adding it as a character creation option would be a massive spoiler.

Must have been in a spoiler? I didn't see it before. But, good to hear we may run into something like that.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Must have been in a spoiler? I didn't see it before. But, good to hear we may run into something like that.

I think that's the wrong thing to say Talc, running into the S9 equivalent should not be a good thing.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Okayanos » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:11 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Lavr

Accepted.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:I think that's the wrong thing to say Talc, running into the S9 equivalent should not be a good thing.

Despite the horrors she would inflict on my body, I've always personally liked Bonesaw. Her interlude is one of my favourite interludes (perhaps "THE", but there are so many . . . ), and her Tragic BackstoryTM is so tragic.

I love it.

Is there a Bonesaw analogue in this universe?
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:16 pm

Out of curiosity, would any players be interested in taking a young parahuman whose power involves making unbreakable contracts that can do all sorts of neat stuff that your boring legal contract can’t? The longer description of this power should be on a previous page.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Out of curiosity, would any players be interested in taking a young parahuman whose power involves making unbreakable contracts that can do all sorts of neat stuff that your boring legal contract can’t? The longer description of this power should be on a previous page.

The PRT/Wards might be interested in that.

With the right wording they could leave their heroes/employees with the freedom to do things like quit and have their own lives, but prevent them from revealing classified information and such.

After all, a power like that wouldn't be much use in combat, unless you had some pre-made contracts with your teammates for a variety of conditions and effects.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Out of curiosity, would any players be interested in taking a young parahuman whose power involves making unbreakable contracts that can do all sorts of neat stuff that your boring legal contract can’t? The longer description of this power should be on a previous page.

That power seems too vague and seems too much like magic to fit in the worm verse in my opinion as co-op.

But, if it gets accepted, young parahumans typically go to the Wards if they're under18 and a hero

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Okayanos » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Write a full app for the character and find out.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Okayanos wrote:

Write a full app for the character and find out.

Gotcha. I was just checking to see if anyone was particularly interested in that sort of thing outside the opposite culprits so I could factor it into the bio. I’ll figure out the fine details of my app now. Thanks for putting up with my obnoxious questions y’all!

The Grene Knyght
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Grene Knyght » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Hm I might apply if I have time. Been real busy the last 2-3 days though
[_★_]
(◕‿◕)
Socialist Women wrote:Part of the reason you're an anarchist is because you ate too much expired food
Claorica wrote:Oh look, an antifa ancom being smartaleck
Old Tyrannia wrote:Bold words from the self-declared Leninist
Currently
Reading
2015: x=-8.75,y=-6.56
2016: x=-8.88,y=-9.54
2017: x=-9.63,y=-9.90
2018: x=-9.88,y=-9.23
2019: x=-10.0,y=-9.90
2020: x=-10.0,y=-10.0
2021: x=-10.0,y=-10.0

PRO: Socialism, Communism, Internationalism, Revolution, Leninism.
NEUTRAL: Anarchism, Marxism-Leninism.
ANTI: Capitalism, Liberalism, Nationalism, Fascists, Hyper-Sectarian Leftists.
Portal Nationalist | Proletarian Moralist

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:00 pm

Okay, I think this works but before I nail anything else down in my app, I wanna make sure this power works. Apologies for the somewhat awkward wording.

Power: Covenant’s power revolves around quid pro quo, so to speak. By writing up a contract, she can facilitate agreements and transferrals between herself and others which may only be broken with consent of all involved parties, and Covenant herself. These Covenants, as she refers to them, are written documents—contracts that she herself has written in her own handwriting.

Covenants have a few possible properties, and hard limitations on what they can and cannot do. Actions may be specified in Covenants, but their chief purpose is transferral. Although this may take its form in stipulations for physical transferrals, such as an exchange of two objects, Covenants can also transfer two things which the average contract cannot: Information and Physical Aspects. If stipulated within a Covenant, a signee may be objectively privy to specified knowledge possessed by another person, latter to provide truthful information on request, if they possess it, or link two minds together so that when one mind comes into contact with information, the other acquires it as well. Likewise, Covenants may transfer physical aspects between signees without medical consequence, somewhat like a completely unintrusive transplant with no immune concern. For example, if two individuals wished to trade hair colours, they could do so by requesting Covenant add such a stipulation into a Covenant between them.

Categorised as Master 2, Thinker/Changer 4

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse