NATION

PASSWORD

Milford-Gaudier Academy [IC, OPEN, Pt. I]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:43 am

Claudia Steinfeld

"Well, I'm going to start heading off to the assembly to make sure that I'm not late. I'm sure we'll all chat and catch up soon" Claudia said to all of her friends from the newspaper from last year. "Good luck!" She said to them, all cheery, and waved to them before heading off to the assembly herself, and instead of making her way to all of the other friends she knew, she decided, for once, just to sit by herself and see what happened. Basically, to see if she had anyone else show up and talk to her, and potentially make some new friends. Or, if nothing happened at all. It didn't really matter, she was just curious. Though, she expected it was only a matter of time before one of her friends saw her alone and either gestured her over, or joined her, anyway.

Karena Svendsen

Karena, after having settled into her dorm room and unpacked a bit, had decided that she was going to go wander around some more a bit, and then head off to the assembly. She ended up doing basically just that, wandering around, and now making her way into the assembly and sitting down for the first day's introductions. She was excited, honestly. A bit nervous, but mostly excited, because this was the beginning of her whole new life in America, and she hoped that it would be a good introduction to things. She basically just sat down somewhere at random.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:21 am

School Quad
Sophia Taylor

Her eyes immediately greatly widened, entirely not expecting Ryan's unexpected gesture. Heart fluttering as she sensed an attempt of a bit more intimate romance, Sophia glances around the quad to see a handful of students nearby catching sight of them. Everything was happening so fast, and with Ryan remaining leaning over, Sophia gulped deeply as some anxiety began to kick-in. Looking back toward Ryan, Sophia summoned every ounce of strength to put on her greatest and most genuine smile she can muster, and extended out her arms, widely, as she leaned forward toward him.

Not wanting to humiliate, nor to make a scene, Sophia turned her cheek, slightly, just so as to avoid his lips grazing even her cheeks, Sophia did her best to make it appear she naturally wanted to hug Ryan tightly, and giving his shoulders a friendly, warm, and affirmative squeeze, exhaling before she stepped away - ignoring the few prying eyes who were somewhat intrigued by the spectacle.

"That's... great!" She replied, bounciness in her mannerism as she gave his shoulder a light pat, then setting them down to her hips - her electric grin still holding its' place. "Audrey just went off to the bathroom, but... we should go get our seats." She explained, passing a glance toward the gymnasium, curiously, and spotting the masses conglomerating inside.

"Cool?" Sophia asked, turning back and tossing up a thumb, pointing in the direction of the gymnasium as if she were inviting him to come along.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:44 am

School Quad
Darren Noble

Darren's face lit up as he grinned, chuckling aloud, while he shook his head following his roommate, Jimmy, admitting he was taken. Darren made one more passing look toward the girls who had, quickly, scurried away at the sight of Jimmy. Darren reached up to stroke his chin, smirking as he chuckled once more, then turned toward Jimmy with a softened facial expression. Part of him felt a sense of envy, another curiosity, on that point altogether.

"Honestly though." Darren began, tone of voice dropping as though he were grown serious. "If she's anything like half the girls at this place, you're probably better off not attracting many of them anyway." He remarked, stashing his thumbs through the pockets of his gym shorts. Pausing momentarily, however, as he looked meaningfully toward Sophia in the distance, chatting with another guy, quickly looking back toward Jimmy with a stifled, expressionless face.

"I applaud you, man. Don't get me wrong about that. But really, I'm just at a place where I really just want to have... uh... fun, I guess, more than anything else." Darren dazed off, momentarily, shrugged his shoulders, and smirked toward Jimmy.

"But you think she's a keeper, your girl?" He inquired, pulling up his arms to cross them over his chest.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:41 pm

Ryan Carter
School Quad

Ryan bit his lip as he felt his face go red with embarrassment. Deciding to not bring it up right now he nodded and started following her before returning a grin to his face saying "So, anyways, uh later after the food maybe you and I can go to Coney Island? I've never been but I hear its amazing. Could be fun if you, well, if you want to go. I'll pay for you so don't worry about that or anything." As he stopped he started pressing his teeth together secretly cringing at what he had just done and hoping it hadn't ruined things.
Last edited by Chewion on Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:15 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:
Edward T. DuFour
Surprisingly Easy

I listened to Janet’s response, and smiled gently. I was about to response when it hit Teddy like a truck. Funnily enough, he responded to the fact I was not, in fact, a girl named Maureen, as if it were common knowledge by now, although that may have had something to do with Adam’s commentary. He seemed rather flustered, which I frankly found entertaining, even if it was a bit unkind that I did.

“Oh, don’t worry about it!” I chuckled lightly, “You can see, the fact’s new to Janet too—and we’re fast friends. It’ll take a bit of adjustment for everyone, I’m sure, but you’ve both taken the news wonderfully.”

“Anyhow,” I smiled contentedly, now leaning a bit on Janet, “I’m just happy it’s going so well. I mean, especially from you, Janet, I was sure you’d be accepting, but I wanted to take my time about it, y’know? I’m sure I’m gonna have more trouble with some other folks, so I needed to be more so than other folks need to be ready for me, really.”

"Man, you don't gotta worry about nothing from me," said Janet, reaching her arm around to give Edward a hug. Regardless of the, abruptness, of how this meeting had gone she was happy to see her friend again. It was weird, but happy, and she was happy for her friend making such a big step in his life even if Janet didn't fully understand it. "And besides, if anyone gives you trouble you know I got your back. They don't make us weak in Brockton." Janet grinned a wistful grin and leaned back onto Edward, so that the two were supporting each other with their weight. She turned to Adam and Teddy, listening to them converse. She had been more distracted talking to Edward, and hadn't payed much attention to Teddy and Adams interaction. They seemed tense, and Janet felt the nagging worry build up in her again. She had to remind herself that she wasn't involved in whatever beef may have cropped up between them, but the tension still made her uncomfortable.

"Hey," she said, looking between Teddy and Adam, "you guys all good?" She hoped that was the case. She didn't know Teddy too well, but she liked him, and she liked Adam as well from what she knew of him. "I don't want folks fighting on the first day back," she said, trying to diffuse the situation. Once again, though she didn't know either very well, they both seemed sweet in their own way and it always made Janet sad to see two nice people fighting over stupid things. It reminded her of the kids she had gone to school with in Brockton, on the rare occasions she had gone too school, and one incident in particular. Three boys had been beating up another after school, for some perceived slight or another, and when they had tired themselves out the boy who got beat up stood, picked up a rock, and pitched at his attackers, and was quickly surrounded and being beaten again. If she could do something about it, Janet hoped she could prevent a fight before it started.

Edward T. DuFour
C’est Ça, Voilà

I chuckled softly as my friend pledged to protect me if I ever needed, as she always did. She was a loyal friend, most certainly, and I’d never doubted for a second that it was implicitly suggested by her sort of friendship. She was as good a friend as ever, and I had the blessing of having her as my roommate. But that brought forth the question of who our third roommate was to be. Did I already know them, or would I be granted the freedom of a new person to define myself to with no competition from a past lie? Maybe Janet would know, although considering she’d unpacked before me, it wasn’t something I’d venture to wager on.

“By the way, I think I saw your stuff in my room, so it looks like we might be roommates.”
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:12 pm

School Quad
Sophia Taylor

Keeping her attention ahead of her momentarily, Sophia hardly gave any observable physical indications of her paying much mind to what Ryan was saying to her, initially, though she walked with a noticeable bounce in her step while the two of them joined in with the conglomerated mass of teenagers convening within Milford-Gaudier's gymnasium. The gymnasium was, perhaps, the only semi-modernistic-appearing structure across the entirety of the storied campus, yet even so it had the appearance of a modernistic-building constructed within the era of the 1970's. Even so, the exterior would certainly make it seem suggestible that the school never considered a renovation of the gymnasium to be high upon the list of priorities.

Once Ryan appeared to bumble his way to finishing his invitation, Sophia quickly looked over toward him, eyed past him for a short moment as she thought, then directed her gaze back to Ryan's own eyes. A smile sharply forming on her face, erasing any doubt of whether she had forgiven Ryan's unexpected advance. She followed suit with a quick succession of affirmative nodding, just as they were now mere feet away from entering into the lobby of the gymnasium.

"Yeah, that would be cool!" Sophia chipped back, her warm smile keeping place as reached to hold the door open for them both to enter. "I seriously love Coney Island!" Sophia enthused cheerfully. "I spent so many weekends there when I was little." Voice tone growing more excited, Sophia lightly grazed Ryan with her elbow as she continued. "Since it'll be your very first time, it'll be my treat. I insist!"
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:34 pm

Ryan Carter

School Quad

Ryan laughed slightly before holding the door open for her insisting she went through first. As they entered inside he turned to her saying "Well I appreciate it but I am from the South and my Southern chivalry simply won't allow for me to accept that. I insist on paying, however, how about you make it up to me by giving me a grand tour of the place. I hear it's a bucket list place to visit so I want to make sure I see all the good things there."
Last edited by Chewion on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:49 am

Upon watching Ernest walk off, presumably to go to the assembly, Erin waved back at him before stared over at Yixuan, giving him a goofy grin, as if to say "Someone's got a date!". However, even if she did say it out loud, she would've made it obvious that she's being playful and not trying to annoy him or anything like that. Especially since he complimented her country and she helped him with where he needed to go, even if she didn't tell him exactly. Not to mention that it wouldn't be like her if she did that. She then looked back at Ernest, watching him walk off, trying to think of how to best describe the guy but eventually deciding she could do it later.

Once Ernest was in the distance, Erin looked up at Yixuan and said to him "You go on ahead, bro, I'm gonna go to my room, grab my bag and then head to the gym." And, indeed, she did just that, leaving him to do his own thing while she headed back to her dorm. As she went back to the girls' dorms, she had a quick look at the dorm next to her's and saw that it was empty. There was a small look of sadness on her face, as she somewhat regretted not introducing herself to her dormmates (namely the cute brunette and the friendly-looking blonde, as those were the only two she saw there), though it faded when she realised that she could easily talk to them after assembly or in class or whenever. She then entered her room and picked up her laptop bag, opening it up all the way to see if she packed her books and everything and smiling when she realised she did. She then slung it round her shoulder and then made her way to the assembly hall, something that shouldn't take her too long.

After a little walk, she made it to the assembly hall. Heading inside, she noticed that, while there were still people coming in and taking their places, there were still some free places where she could sit. Scanning the room, she manage to find a good area and started to make her way there. Of course, it was a slight hassle trying to get around people but she managed to make it there. After a little while, she finally made it to her seat and sat down, having a look around. A couple of seats ahead of her was some pale long-haired kid who spoke with a sort of British accent, with his Dominican-American girlfriend sat next to him; somewhere near the back was Veikko, still chilling as he waited for someone to talk to him or for the assembly to start (whichever came first); and in a different part of the near-back was Peter, who just got in his seat and put his bag on the floor in a way that he'd probably take something out of it at some point, namely a book. But one person who really caught her eye was the girl, Karena, sat a couple of seats on her right on the row behind. She seemed a little bit nervous, although Erin didn't know for sure if she was feeling that way, let alone what she'd be nervous about. Resting a bit of her arm on the back of the empty seat next to her, Erin turned around to face Karena and spoke. "Chur, cuz." She said, smiling a little bit in an attempt to make the other girl feel a little calmer. This did nothing to allay her own nerves as, deep down, Erin was worried that she'd frighten her off, the other girl is too pretty for her or that she was straight. "Everything alright?"
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:05 am

School Quad
Sophia Taylor

Stepping behind another slight bottle-neck within the lobby of the school gymnasium, Sophia kept her attention trained on Ryan. Her facial muscles relaxing, providing a brief moment of relief from her consistent grin, Sophia felt someone brushing up against her as they tried to squeeze past her to join up with some friends further up ahead. Turning away momentarily, and stepping forward toward Ryan to give the male student some room, she kept her focus on him as he continued to work his way through the crowd - without uttering a single word of apology as he went.

"Well, I wish everyone had your sense of chivalry..." Sophia remarked, taking a couple steps back to create for themselves some semblance of personal space between herself and Ryan.

Looking back toward Ryan, a wrinkle of a nose and the edges of her lips curling in a slight smile, Sophia shrugged her shoulders following a short deliberation. "But, fine. I guess I'll settle. For now. Don't think it makes us even though, Carter."

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Ryan Carter

School Quad

Ryan was smiling until he saw the rude guy knock into Sophia. Feeling an almost primal surge of protectionist male hormones he quickly snapped at the guy "Yo dude, you just knocked into my friend here. Are you going to apologize or be a jerk?" Positioning himself almost in between Sophia and the rude dude he stared him down as he waited for a reply. Man people in the city have zero manners. he thought.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:53 pm

School Gymnasium
Sophia Taylor

Sophia was somewhat bewildered, as instead of responding, Ryan seemed to make a beeline for the guy who had, a moment previous, nudged against her to meet up with a handful of others, chatting nearby. Sophia extended out her arm, as it would become clear to her that he would find the antics of the one who had brushed past them moments ago, to be an offense against her that Ryan wouldn't tolerate letting go unanswered - even if she were willing to let it go. The male, glancing over his shoulder confounded at Ryan, rose an eyebrow once he realized Ryan was speaking to him. He glanced back-and-forth, nervously, between Ryan and Sophia, and shook his head regretfully. Sophia, meanwhile, sidled up next to Ryan, putting a hand on his shoulder to attempt diffusing an increasingly awkward situation. Yet, before she were able to get a word out, the male student spoke. All of which unraveling, quickly, in a matter of seconds.

"Hey, uh... my b!" The male student exclaimed, gesturing his head at Sophia, who smirked and nodded her head, in appreciation, back to him. "Sorry 'bout that!" He added, for good measure, while swimming his way through the crowds, fading out of view, entirely, from the likes of Ryan Carter and Sophia Taylor, who were both inching their way closer-and-closer to the doorways of the lobby that would, eventually, open up, and lead, straight to the court.

With that matter resolved, and the rest of the line picking up pace, Sophia quietly stepped forward into a clearing, finding herself nearly next to one of the goalposts close to the entrance. It would become obvious as to the reason for the slight hold-up, students in the front of the line were all looking around for friends, or familiar faces, or perhaps an excellent place to disappear or be overlooked from the others.

Sophia's eyes wandered about, seeking a relatively empty spot within the gym, which she easily spots a row, situated behind Erin and Karena, among others. Sophia turns to Ryan, gestures for him to follow, and makes her way to the bleacher seats behind them. Taking her spot, Sophia sets her backpack down, first, a couple feet away next to her, to save a spot for her roommate, Audrey, whom she expected to return, soon, from the journey she made to the restroom. In the moment of silence, as she patiently awaited Ryan getting situated, she scanned around the gym and eyed up some of the banners that were suspended from the ceiling, circling all around the gymnasium - denoting the many times each varsity team won a championship game, or simply made it to the playoffs.

"Geez, I don't think I've ever seen so many of these in my life..." Sophia suddenly uttered, following suit by pointing at the banners above them, following with a gentle chuckle.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:57 pm

Ryan Carter

School Gymnasium

Ryan sat down on the other side of Sophia and smiled saying "Your school not win many championships or games?" Leaning forward slightly he asked, "So besides writing and music what interests you?" Turning to look her in the eyes he felt his smile relax slightly as he awaited her reply meanwhile just able to think about how it would be later that night at Coney Island with just the two of them."

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
School Quad
Darren Noble

Darren's face lit up as he grinned, chuckling aloud, while he shook his head following his roommate, Jimmy, admitting he was taken. Darren made one more passing look toward the girls who had, quickly, scurried away at the sight of Jimmy. Darren reached up to stroke his chin, smirking as he chuckled once more, then turned toward Jimmy with a softened facial expression. Part of him felt a sense of envy, another curiosity, on that point altogether.

"Honestly though." Darren began, tone of voice dropping as though he were grown serious. "If she's anything like half the girls at this place, you're probably better off not attracting many of them anyway." He remarked, stashing his thumbs through the pockets of his gym shorts. Pausing momentarily, however, as he looked meaningfully toward Sophia in the distance, chatting with another guy, quickly looking back toward Jimmy with a stifled, expressionless face.

"I applaud you, man. Don't get me wrong about that. But really, I'm just at a place where I really just want to have... uh... fun, I guess, more than anything else." Darren dazed off, momentarily, shrugged his shoulders, and smirked toward Jimmy.

"But you think she's a keeper, your girl?" He inquired, pulling up his arms to cross them over his chest.

Jimmy glanced over at Sophia as Darren did, taking her in. She was pretty, and lit up when she smiled. Darren quickly looked back with a dull face, and Jimmy glanced back out of the corner of his eyes. He said nothing as Darren picked up the conversation again, seemingly a little flustered as he explained his own thoughts on relationships, how he was more looking for fun than anything serious. Jimmy thought about that. He had tried that before, but decided early that he hadn't liked it much. It felt better to be with someone you trusted and cared about, rather than just screwing around with some random girl, but he nodded along all the same. Jimmy certainly didn't consider himself one to judge, and so he didn't. If that's what Darren was looking for, even if he did seem interested in that girl across the quad, that was his business.

When Darren asked Jimmy about his girlfriend though, Jimmy perked up and smiled again. "Shit, I sure hopes she's a keeper," he said. "It would be pretty cool to know I found the one when I was only sixteen. Sure cuts a lot of work out, don't you think?" Jimmy grinned and ran his hand through his hair, looking up at the sky with a wistful expression. "At this point though, I think she's probably a keeper. Here," he said, digging into his pockets and retrieving his wallet and phone, "let me show you some pictures of her."

He flipped his wallet open and pulled out a little polaroid, showing a young woman about their age sitting on a deck chair precariously perched on a house roof. She smiled brightly at the camera, a half smoked cigarette clamped in her teeth and her bright red hair piled on top of her head in a messy bun. She looked like she had been laughing when the picture was taken, and Jimmy grinned at it as he handed it over to Darren to examining. "She's named Emma," said Jimmy. "Why a girl like her ever took a liking to me I don't know, but I sure ain't complaining." He swiped his phone open as well, and flipped to the camera roll, pulling up a second image. It showed the same girl with a small four person band on a stage, singing into the mic. "She can sing like a fucking angel man, I tell you." He flipped to one last picture, of Emma sitting cross legged on messy floor of what appeared to be a cramped double wide. She grinned up at the camera, a baby in her hands as she fed it with a bottle. "That's my cousin Lyle she's feeding," said Jimmy. "Lyle's pretty cool for a baby."

Khasinkonia wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:
"Man, you don't gotta worry about nothing from me," said Janet, reaching her arm around to give Edward a hug. Regardless of the, abruptness, of how this meeting had gone she was happy to see her friend again. It was weird, but happy, and she was happy for her friend making such a big step in his life even if Janet didn't fully understand it. "And besides, if anyone gives you trouble you know I got your back. They don't make us weak in Brockton." Janet grinned a wistful grin and leaned back onto Edward, so that the two were supporting each other with their weight. She turned to Adam and Teddy, listening to them converse. She had been more distracted talking to Edward, and hadn't payed much attention to Teddy and Adams interaction. They seemed tense, and Janet felt the nagging worry build up in her again. She had to remind herself that she wasn't involved in whatever beef may have cropped up between them, but the tension still made her uncomfortable.

"Hey," she said, looking between Teddy and Adam, "you guys all good?" She hoped that was the case. She didn't know Teddy too well, but she liked him, and she liked Adam as well from what she knew of him. "I don't want folks fighting on the first day back," she said, trying to diffuse the situation. Once again, though she didn't know either very well, they both seemed sweet in their own way and it always made Janet sad to see two nice people fighting over stupid things. It reminded her of the kids she had gone to school with in Brockton, on the rare occasions she had gone too school, and one incident in particular. Three boys had been beating up another after school, for some perceived slight or another, and when they had tired themselves out the boy who got beat up stood, picked up a rock, and pitched at his attackers, and was quickly surrounded and being beaten again. If she could do something about it, Janet hoped she could prevent a fight before it started.

Edward T. DuFour
C’est Ça, Voilà

I chuckled softly as my friend pledged to protect me if I ever needed, as she always did. She was a loyal friend, most certainly, and I’d never doubted for a second that it was implicitly suggested by her sort of friendship. She was as good a friend as ever, and I had the blessing of having her as my roommate. But that brought forth the question of who our third roommate was to be. Did I already know them, or would I be granted the freedom of a new person to define myself to with no competition from a past lie? Maybe Janet would know, although considering she’d unpacked before me, it wasn’t something I’d venture to wager on.

“By the way, I think I saw your stuff in my room, so it looks like we might be roommates.”

"I don't really know," said Janet. "I didn't check when I got here, so its possible. What kind of stuff did you see in there, because if it was a bunch of drawings on the walls then that's probably me."

Janet felt excited by the prospect of having Edward as her roommate. Her last two years here, while her and her roommates hadn't not gotten along, they hadn't been friends either. It would be a lot more fun to have a friend in the room with you. The thought made her smile, and she finished emphatically, "I hope we are though. That would be a lot more fun than having to room with two girls I don't know again."
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:41 am

School Gymnasium
Sophia Taylor

Admiring the bountiful abundance of banners, still, for a lingering few moments longer, Sophia quickly snapped back into attention, wryly beaming, and nodded with a quick shake of the head in agreement, keeping the position as Ryan went further to probe more about her. Sophia wrinkled her nose, lightly scratched her neck, and glanced off to the side to think about what she wanted to answer with. Though she shouldn't have been, Sophia appeared genuinely caught off-guard at his continued interest in discovering what seemed to define her as a person.

"I... uh." Exhaling and craning her head to the side, looking as though something (or someone) had suddenly distracted her and caught her attention, then throwing up a hand to give a wave out toward the crowd as she spotted Audrey returning, and in the middle, of the extensive swaths of people. Audrey, at first, hadn't been able to notice Sophia waving to catch her attention, even as Audrey approached. Yet, once Audrey peered out into the seated audience, and spotted Sophia once she was directly in front of them (even if several rows down below), Audrey broke into an excited grin, and skipped up toward the steps to make her way up to Sophia and Ryan.

Sophia, once satisfied to have spotted their lone missing-person from the group, exhaled and glanced back toward Ryan, silently attempting to recall the question. "Oh, so... me." Sophia remarks, licking her lip as she feels it to be somewhat dried, and then reaching into her pocket with one hand. "I guess, that's it really. Not really that interested I guess." Sophia says, pulling out a tube of chapstick, taking off the plastic top, and then running the balm along her lips, all in smooth quick motions.

"I guess I've always wanted to just, like, travel the world. I think that would be cool." She says, finally capping the chapstick, and stashing it back into her pocket.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Federation of Spokane
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Spokane » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:32 pm

Nathan Bernard
Nathan watched as a boy roughly around his age(Altan) wheeled in, on a wheelchair. He noticed that his hair was stunning and he seemed pretty tough, for being confined in a wheelchair. He got up before sitting back down, trying to not make a fool of himself. He wondered if the kid could sign and speak before turning his attention to Ryan and his goons, trying to make sure he kept a safe distance from them.
The Federation of Spokane
Pronouns: Any
Discord: bigbossg13
URA Deputy Director Of Security
Utrikesminister for Altia, Founding Member
Anterian Ambassador*
Chief Communications Officer for Lands End*
Warzone Trinidad Mafia Enforcer
Posts don't represent any of my region's views unless stated otherwise.
"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:33 pm

School Gymnasium

Ryan replied “You ever been outside of the US?” As Audrey got up to them he turned to her and said “Howdy, her lost back there in the crowd?” Subconsciously he scooted closer to the edge of the bleachers to let Sophia move closer to him giving Audrey more room on the other side of Sophia.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Yixuan Zhu

“Bye...nice meeting you” he said quietly as Ernest left the scene, likely disheartened that neither he nor Erin had accepted to take up on his offer there and then. But it wouldn’t have been very worthwhile at that time, as assembly actually was drawing closer. Yixuan couldn’t help but blush slightly at the other boy’s comment and the light contact he had made with him as he left, but equally so when Erin simply grinned at him in response. Her reaction left Yixuan to assume she had taken it with the same meaning as he had. He couldn’t dwell on this however as she too left to her dorm telling him to go on ahead. As she departed, Yixuan took it upon himself to leave the dorm building and make his way to the soon to begin assembly. Putting his headphones back in place, the Chinese boy continued to the door and making his way toward the gymnasium.

School Gymnasium
Some time later

The walk to the gymnasium was short but pleasant, around him were groups of other students all walking in the same direction, getting lost would have been incredibly embarrassing and essentially impossible considering all that had to be done was follow everybody else. Minutes later Yixuan found himself inside the gym and moving his way around the seating areas to find space, eventually settling for a relatively unoccupied area near the middle. He didn’t recognise anybody yet, but that was to be expected as it wasn’t as if there was someone he was waiting for. The gymnasium was filling rapidly and checking his phone confirmed that it would soon be starting. He wasn’t sure what the rest of the day would entail just yet but he did hope to make some new friends, sooner rather than later.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:59 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:
Edward T. DuFour
C’est Ça, Voilà

"I don't really know," said Janet. "I didn't check when I got here, so its possible. What kind of stuff did you see in there, because if it was a bunch of drawings on the walls then that's probably me."

Janet felt excited by the prospect of having Edward as her roommate. Her last two years here, while her and her roommates hadn't not gotten along, they hadn't been friends either. It would be a lot more fun to have a friend in the room with you. The thought made her smile, and she finished emphatically, "I hope we are though. That would be a lot more fun than having to room with two girls I don't know again."

Edward T. DuFour
Who’s The Third?

“Yessiree! It’s definitely you I’m sharing a room with!” I grinned, “Why, we’ll have a splendid time—I’m sure of it, given our mysterious third roommate approves”

I furrowed my brow for a second, mulling an idea over. If the two of us were roommates, finding and meeting our third roommate would be very much important information. I hadn’t ever bothered to ask, but surely someone would know who Janet and I were to room with. It was just a question of whom. Who could provide such information? Janet probably didn’t care to know, but maybe she’d be able to remind me of someone who might have an inkling.

“Say, I’m sure someone around here knows, seeing as we learned our rooms in advance. Who do you think one ought to ask for such information? I think there’s certainly time to ask, given that we don’t seem to be opening terribly soon.”

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Eizler Ingerstadt

As he entered the school, he felt a slight breeze through his jacket, for, like Ernest, had worn a suit as well, both because it looked nice and also because it made him look authoritative, as he felt he ought to be seen as. As he entered the school, he silently, looking around, went to the assembly hall, firstly pondering taking a seat next to Ernest but then deciding against it. Instead, he looked around the hall, picking a seat at random and sitting next to Yixuan, which would, in all probability, bother him because apart from the glasses and the milky white eyes, he looked the exact same as Ernest and wore the exact same clothes. He then sat next to him, telling him:

"Hello. I presume you have met me before, yes? If not, I hope you'll get to know me well." He said this in a light German accent, a lot lighter than his usual voice, for clarity's sake.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:21 pm

Milford Gaudier Academy School Gymnasium
Wednesday, September 4th, 2019
10:30AM

Among the many aged buildings across the academy's campus sat, idly, a rather nondescript building just past a central fountain within the school quad, the interior of the gymnasium of Milford-Gaudier Academy, proudly donning banners draping down the sides of the walls within the interior of the structure, sporting events declaring the institution's prized achievements for the state of New Jersey, including championship and the many playoff appearances the Bluebirds have ascertained over the years. It was telling that, given its' age, the Academy was once among the state's most accomplished and noteworthy mere decades ago - and that the academy hasn't lost much, if any, of its' luster and lore.

Athletics were as much of a core in the identity of the school as was academics, both prized and treasured, and especially so by the numerous school's alumni in particular, many of whom make up the ranks of the school's faculty. North of 2,000 students would line along, and swell up, within the bleachers surrounding the creaking, hardwood floor of the gymnasium as teenagers sought their friends, or places of solitude, or just simply wanting to find anywhere to sit. The environment being familiar to many, and foreign to others, yet universally seemingly buzzing all-around, with activity between conversations, more than usual. Perhaps, it would be a promising indicator of the year's student body, as a whole.

Once the audience had taken to its' seats, although far from settled, a mid-70-year-old man, with combed-over hair and donning a suit, trotted out onto the court, carrying a clipboard with a few pieces of paper secured onto it. Hardly an expression on his stoic-kept face as he approached the center of the basketball court, a microphone stand awaiting him there.

"Good morning." The man dryly remarked, monotone of voice, hardly capturing the immediate attention of the rambunctious and chatty scattered, yet echoing all throughout the expansive room. He tapped on the microphone several times, hoping the effect would put a damper on the enthusiasm for long enough to allow him to speak to the audience. Clearing his throat in the hot-mic only a short moment after, giving them a lingering second to quiet and silence themselves, he spoke up once more - same monotonous tone, and yet far more projection carried through in his volume.

"GOOD MORNING." He declaring in a commanding fashion for the attention of nearly everyone within the gymnasium, heads of those otherwise distracted mere moments prior snapping in toward his direction, quickly and suddenly ending whatever conversations they were having in the lead-up of the beginning to this well-dressed, old-school, and formally-mannered man's spiel. The gym falls quiet to the point of it being eerily silent, as the man cast his gaze slowly around the gym, meeting the eyes of many seated within the middle and upper sections of the wooden bleachers.

"My name is Joe Krause, and for those of who I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting just yet, I am your academic principal here at Milford-Gaudier Academy." The grizzly man's stoic expression tightening as the edges of his lips curling into a slight, marginal grin - if only for a brief moment, as it loosens back into a neutral facial expression while he paces around the center of the basketball court. "Have been since 1988. Been at this place for longer than you all have been on this Earth." He quipped, stashing his free hand into his pant pocket, flashing a jovial wink.

"And, I've taught at this very institution since I was 22 years old. Back in 1968." Krause paused momentarily, letting the effect of what he just shared sink in to the audience, particularly those newcomers who have only just met him - yet there were more than a few surprised expressions from some others who have returned to Milford-Gaudier Academy from the years just prior, apparently having only just realized the incredible duration of this man's storied employment.

The legends and stories that come about from Krause, between alumni and students alike, are many - yet all tell a tale of a, mostly, serious and self-composed professional, slow to anger and yet occasionally flashing his all-but-trademarked dry sense of humor. Always without lacking in any sense of integrity, Joe was the child of a soldier who fought in both World Wars I and II, and worked for the fire department intermittently, and a nurse who suddenly passed away when he was 15 years-old, Joe frequently found himself having to take up responsibility to raise himself as well as to pitch in on parenting his younger siblings throughout his childhood. The numerous tales of which he was always more than happy to divulge, and share, when the appropriate occasion arose.

Krause licked his lip, and stroked away a stray hair, as he continued. "But let me just say that if I learned anything from all these years, any wisdom or insight I may bestow to you all, it's that every year is different. Every class is different. You all walked in through those doors into something different, something new, even if it were to come back to a familiar place with familiar faces. Each and every one of you have something to offer, promising gifts and talents and personalities. Every one of you has the potential to shoot for perfection, but miss and land on the road to excellence along the way."

"But, of course, that means wildly different things to different people. If there is one promise that I will make today, and that I intend to hold to you, as I have done so in the many years past, it's that I promise to do whatever I can, all that I can, to see to it that each and every single one of you thrives and finds your own meaningful, individual, and personal successes here at Milford-Gaudier Academy, and that we work to set you up for a successful life as young men and women in the world for all the years to come. Even when you get as old, gray, and senile as me." Krause deadpanned, keeping his serious look about him, even as more than a few chuckles are heard throughout the gymnasium.

"And so, with that, I want to officially kick-start the new year by welcoming our student body President, and Vice-President, to make their own introductory remarks. Please, everyone, give them a warm applause." He added, stepping aside to allow a duo of students, seated toward the front, their opportunity to speak into the microphone and to offer their own speeches and words of encouragement, sprinkled with wisdom and excitement for the upcoming semester. Though, of course, such words feel on more than just one deaf ear throughout the gymnasium. Yet, even so, the Krause led one final round of applause for the pair of seniors who had spoken to the semi-attentive audience, both of whom returning to their seats with nervous smiles on their faces and waving to their friends nearby.

All-in-all, the entire occasion had transpired for north of thirty minutes, pushing forty, with Krause offering nothing further, save for instructions and house-keeping notes in pointing out the trash-bins located around the facility. Leaving the student body the opportunity to head out for lunch, and to enjoy any further down-time for the next hour, until the first class of the day is to be held at 12:00, sharp.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:17 pm

Sophia Taylor
Female Dormitories - Room One

Staring, mindlessly, into the mirror as she toyed with her hair, and bit her lip, Sophia heavily contemplated a lot over this impromptu-planned event with a guy she bumped into on-campus, even if it were a familiar face from back on orientation. Sophia had genuinely felt bad for having entirely forgotten about the Carters, both of them, until the clearly swoon-over male stumbled into her just prior to the commencement of the year at the assembly earlier that day. Yet, even if she were beginning to feel partly fatigued, there was zero chance she was going to cancel on Ryan.

Following a brief power-nap, and some sweet-tea she conjured up from the cafeteria during dinner-time, Sophia was casually-dressed and mentally prepared for the ensuing get-together. With the assistance of one of her roommates, Sophia bundled up her hair into a pony-tail and donned denim light blue jeans, with occasional styled holes and slashes in them, all-denim jacket (equally "weathered" for appearances sake), and a fair amount of makeup intended to make her face appear radiant, covering up almost every imperfection, and her lips being cast a shade of ruby-red.

As the time neared 5:30, Sophia paced around the dorm, checking her phone to see if Ryan had texted her about how close he happened to be. Finally, she sat the phone down and reclined back against the couch, exhaling with a hard plop.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

White Bluff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:19 pm

Damara
Milford Gaudier Academy School
Wednesday, September 4th, 2019

Damara raced from the bus station, greatly confused at the world around her, everything in her life was changing so fast. In the last few months alone she rode on a bus, and a plane for the first time, had electricity and running water for the first time, and was attending a proper formal school for the first time. Her heart was racing, "De Dumnezeu, am întârziat în prima zi," she spoke to herself, she pulled out the paper with the schools name on it, and went to a person and pointed at the name, the man pointed her in the direction and off she went, as she quickly walked the coins and bells sewn into her skirt twinkled, jingling with each step. She arrived to the school at the other students left the gymnasium, as she stepped into the courtyard, she fixed her under bust corset and straightened her skirt and blouse. Her light eyes shined in delight at the sight of the school. After a few seconds she fought up the courage to go up to a student, "um....I...," she looked at her paper, "I...a-am looking.....f-f-for...the o-office?" Her broken English was highlighted by the thick Eastern European accent she spoke with. She blushed in her moment of embarrassment, but she was hopeful that per student was going to be helpful to her.

Translation: "By God, I'm late on the first day"
Last edited by White Bluff on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Ryan Carter

Ryan jumped out of his Jeep and smoothed his shirt out. He had decided to wear a nice pair of jeans and a nice blue polo with a slight hint of cologne on him, he made his way up into the dormatory. Walking towards Sophia’s dorm he felt his phone vibrate. Pulling it out he read the text and decided to reply in person. Finding her door he knocked and took a step back as he brushed his hair to the side to make sure it still looked ok.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:15 pm

Sophia Taylor
Female Dormitories - Room One

Surprised with the nearly immediate response, of the door-knocking happening just a mere second right after Sophia shot off the innocuous text, beseeching and inquiring on a status report, her eyes glistened as she shot straight up from the sofa, scampering quickly over toward the door as Ryan knocked on the other side, standing idly as he patiently awaited a response and a welcoming into the dorm room from the lengthy hallway just outside. Sophia paused, hesitatingly, as she peered through the peephole to identify it was, indeed, Ryan awaiting on the other side, nervously brushing her hands together, and sighing audibly as she reached for the door handle to open it, revealing a spacious and semi-decorated room, and the three girls within it: Sophia Taylor, of course, as well as Karena Svedsen and another rather familiar face to that of Ryan Carter - Audrey Zanetti.

"Hey! You're... looking nice." Sophia commented, almost immediately, and extending out her arms to tug Ryan into a warm, friendly, and affectionate embrace, patting his upper-back lightly with her hands with a smile across her face. Her smile, approving as it was, grew wider as she squinted her eyes and took in the aroma of the cologne Ryan elected to use, earning another final light squeeze of the shoulder as she retracted back and looked him in the eye. "You excited? I totally am. Where we going to go eat at anyway? Still wanting to check out that local diner you discovered on the way to school this morning, or found any other cool places between here and Coney Island?"

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Flattnerk
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Flattnerk » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Audrey Z

Audrey, to put it mildly, was exhausted after the first day. Being the social butterfly she had always been, making new friends came naturally and remembering new faces and names came easy. What didn't however, was enduring the same redundant syllabi, with only a few changes, for what seemed like forever, but in reality was only two to three hours. After helping Sophia get ready for her date with Bryan Waters, or something like that. Audrey lay in her bed finishing a fan art piece of one of her favorite TV shows, Bobs Burgers. Her canvas of choice for today's work was her trusty iPad which was loaded with animation, cinematography, photo editing, drawing software. As she put the finishing touches on her piece she heard the door open and Sophia start talking, Audrey couldn't help but roll her eyes. Men were.. weird. After only one conversation or two this boy had clearly taking a liking to one Sophia Taylor, and after attempting to shove his tongue down her throat, wasn't embarrassed enough to resist the urge to ask Sophia on a date. Audrey understood the appeal of a girl like Sophia, but hey, boundaries are there for a reason and she personally thought Tarter Sauce had crossed them, but Sophia was a better girl than she. More forgiving and what not. Audrey slipped in a pair of headphones into her ears and turned on music from a band named Deliberate Liberty from back home. She listened to one song before getting an alert that her phone had reached 10%. After a minute of searching Audrey concluded that she had left her charger in her backpack. Which was in the living room. which meant she had to go out there. See Tarter Sauce and potentially have to interact with him. Sigh Dragging herself of the bed she carried the iPad in her hands and slipped the phone in her pocket, when she opened the door she couldn't help but shrivel her nose. Something was off about the room smell. Was he... wearing some weird deodorant...cologne..? She shrugged it off and walked toward her bag that was thrown haphazardly into a corner. She waved at Sophia, sat her iPad on the ground artwork on display, and started digging through her bag for her phone charger.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse