NATION

PASSWORD

WC 82 RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Third Asopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Hallesht Times

Postby Third Asopia » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:18 am

The Hallesht Times

Carlos Martinez
Sports

Everyone’s thoughts on Metallön’s relegation

As seen in this photo, Medallön’s goalkeeper, Kars Autiven, has tears in his eyes as he applauds Aidoh’s magical win when their playoff match resulted in penalty shootouts. Autiven did well to save all shots, but a few blunders from his teammates and diving the wrong way made them pay the price: their first ever relegation.
“No one is perfect. Even if we are too old we should still learn new things. Everything takes time to succeed. There is no shortcuts. We are going to work hard in the Zevonte Division so that we will make a comeback,” manager Ciley Qojdhd, who tried to contain his grief with some philosophy. Even though he was the caretaker, he was instead given the permanent role in seated of sacking.

What other teams shared the same fate?
Petersen Marshellier and Mont Veder were relegated, with the latter being last place. It was the second season for Marshellier, while Veder’s first season was doomed from the start. Veder won a league decisive win against Fascgend, but that wasn’t, unfortunately, enough to free them from hell.

Then who’s promoted?
Charmeine Town and Hojhar Nephitez were promoted, with Wentiel SC being automatically promoted too due to rules saying Domintien City II can’t be in the same league as their parent club.

So what does this mean?
Andy Wimmer and Fred Sarhano will both be sacked, following a dismal season for them. Nephitez will be newcomers to the scene whereas Charmeine and Wentiel have some experience, with Charmeine during season 10-14 and Wentiel only played during season 7. Ligré will not have a representative following Ciley Qojdhed’s average half season.

So who’s gonna go up and down coming next season?
A lot of people bet Mettalön for a return with anchampio’s place, where as Nephitez would be going down. Sonye Valley will be looking for a first season in the first division. It remains to be seen whether Aidoh will survive.

So now what?
Now, sit back and enjoy the World Cup and buy the merch.
Presenting my signature signature!
Procrastination... is the art of knowing you have a job to do but know there's like a year till it's due. It's elemental for the Asopin soul to survive in such a slow-paced world.
Bored of having to see Juventus winning the Schudetto too many times? Can wait to see that match where Ronaldo didn’t shoot at all? Tired of seeing Napoli fight for first place when there’s no point? Oh boy, you’ve found a new friend.

I got Theo Theodoridis as my flag model. Showing my love for Greece!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:13 am

Hearts of Vice

Chapter 1: Exiting The Detour

(OOC: To avoid some confusion, Jessica Madden will be narrating some parts of the story from her point of view. Anything in Italics is what her mind is thinking and how she sees her surrondings, where any standard text is in the third-person point of view. Now, sit back and enjoy the story.)

The morning sun rose in the streets, where the second floor mansion was slowly filling up with sunlight. The alarm clock in Jessica's pink bedroom went beeping off, as Jessica had herself face down in a pillow. Jessica raised her left arm to try to slam it on the top button, but she was already missing it. Growing frustrated, she pulled herself up and managed to turn it off, only to accidentally get caught in her own covers and tumble off the side of the bed onto the floor.

Yep. That's me. As you may have guessed by now, I'm going to be the so-called main character of this story. You figure that I would look more presentable than just some chick in her bra and underwear. My story mainly starts during one of my bad days, as I tend to describe them. Getting up from my own bedroom floor, the energy in my body was low. "Damn it.." I cursed to myself, as I managed to get up from the ground. I was already in a bitchy mood, since today was supposed to be the day my friends in the band were supposed to host the World Cup opening party at my house. I had to call Gerald to see if he set his alarm clock early.

Jessica picked up her cell phone that was on the dresser and called for Gerald. "Gerald, you're awake? Today is when it's supposed to happen tonight. You think you can help me set up?" Jessica said to him, as he picked up the phone. "It's 7 in the morning? People aren't going to come till 5PM."

Gerald is probably one of the most trustworthy people I ever met and the most cynical person that I'm surprised to see isn't dead, yet. I don't know why Gerald is like that. He's a bassist, though I think he wants to start his own band one day. Probably because he isn't a good vocalist. He and Brenda know about my disorder that I have. The only other people who knows about what I have is Jason Masami, my therapist who checks in with me from time to time, and the Leader. Though the latter doesn't really give a shit, since anytime I annoy him, he just wants to waste my time as punishment. They say I might be bipolar or I'm manic depressive. Though my therapist can't really confirm. He gives me some anti-depressants that he recommends that I take one a day, if I feel I can't control myself when I'm depressed. I didn't like the idea of taking pills, since I didn't want to get addicted using them, so I went to the store to fill an empty pill bottle with those sugar pills that people use to trick the body into thinking the medicine is working.

I ate a light breakfast, since I wasn't really hungry. I needed to get the energy in my body, even though I was having my down phases. After I did a morning routine of nearly using every natural beauty hygiene product near my shower, I put on a pink tracksuit along with my sports bra that I tend to wear, since my rack is practically huge. People tend to ask me how I'm not having back pain from how large my chest is. That because I hit the gym to make sure there is some muscle in me. I was in the army, once. Though, they just left me on "the crank file" just like all of the other possibly 70% of Main Nation Ministry. I went outside, since I had plenty of time to kill. After I went back home from WorldVision 71, I didn't keep track of the whole "demon crisis" that everyone was talking about. People trying to get demons out of the nation, so they didn't have to fear an uprising from happening. I don't get into politics. Not that shit. No one wanted to get into politics.

Anyways, I was just leaving the house and walking over to the gym that was a mile away, when I came across this weird-looking girl. I didn't know what she wanted. She had this weird hat on, so I guessing she was wearing some sort of Halloween costume, despite it being the middle of spring. She was towing this wagon behind her with a bag in it. Curious on who she was, I decided to ask.

"Hey kid? You don't look like someone from around here?" Jessica asked the girl with the red wagon, as she noticed Jessica. "Me? I consider myself as a traveler. And a salesman." the girl said to Jessica, where she raised an eyebrow. "A salesman? What's in the bag, then?"
"The bag isn't ready something that has a specific type of item for all of the things in it. I just offer what is believed what they want."
"Well, what do you have that I might want? Go ahead, show me." Jessica demanded, where the girl dug into her bag, where she looked rather confused, upon trying to reach inside it. "You don't want anything from my bag? Oh. I see. You have something in mind, not buying an item." the girl said, focusing back at Jessica. "I'm just trying to head to the gym. Are you trying to be some sort of psychic or something."

"I can tell about your future."
"The future? Are you on drugs, kid? If so, tell me where you got them so-"
"I'm not on drugs. I can sense the good and bad in people. Including you. I can already see what you have in your mind that you want the most."
"Ok, pyschic. What do I want?"
"...Yes. You desire love that you feel would alienate you, but you will still find a sense of happiness. However, there are trials you must face that will still be rewarding."

Jessica looked nervous, because she thinks the girl knows what she's up to. She felt embarrassed, thinking the girl was trying to imply something, but Jessica knew what they were thinking was true. "Ah screw you, kid! You don't know, jack!" Jessica left frustrated at the girl. The girl grabbed her hat to tilt it towards her face. Behind Jessica's back, she started to whisper something to herself, as she watched her head down the sidewalk. "She will understand. She won't thank me, but she will understand."

Several days before our story..

The borders of Hell was an absolute nightmare. Though as the lines stretched on, demons were trying to have the patience of a saint. At the checkpoint booth, where a frustrated inspector was starting to get annoyed at his job, was busy looking at passports and entry permits to see what was clearly wrong. Wrong. This passport is fake. The permit had incorrect information. That zombie fellow didn't get de-beaked like the vampires near the end of the line. This guy in the booth killed hundreds of people which he claimed. Many demons the inspectors had encountered were denied from entry, since most were still sinners of some degree of evil. The guards, who were human soldiers, who had experimental holy weapons to use as riot police crowd control were ready to be used upon those who were asking for a fight. Of course, the inspector growing apathetic, took this opportunity to vent out some stuff to some passersby who were at his booth from time to time.

A small kid who had the entry permit and passport ready was one to annoy the inspector with all sorts of immature nonsense. "Kid, did your parents die before you or did your parents kill you?" the inspector coldly stated.

A young man who looked charming with his own costume, yet when the inspector recommended he get a job as a painter that could get him a reasonable amount of money, he blew him off. "I'm giving you important advice on how to be a civilized individual and all you probably do is act like some slothful jackass, then." the inspector said, before the man revealed himself out of costume to show his head as that of a mule. "Ah crap..." the inspector muttered to himself.

A demon wearing a business suit asked this question to the inspector, where he immediately denied him to make sure he didn't get fired for what he had to say, "Is it possible to fake my death again?"

"Do you offer free driver's license?" another demon asked. "You died from a car crash?" the inspector said, looking up information on the demon. "I was just texting and driving!" "Nations outside of this one had laws to prevent that for decades!"

"Do you allow tree demons in forests?" a tree monster said to the inspector, where he looked it up quick. "Depends on if there is a lack of forests in certain-"
"Is being a tree a job?"
"Depends on who's ask-"
"What's the average pay for being a tree?"
"There is an information center outside of this checkpoint! Ask all questions after you get approved!"

The inspector had his face on his desk, as he wished that the nation didn't ban smoking, because his job was becoming so idiotic, he began to wonder if this is a punishment. The inspector heard someone enter the inspector's booth, where he immediately sat up, looking professional. "Present your documents!" he blurted out. Inside the booth was actually someone who, after taking a first glance, looked rather honest. It was a teenage girl, who already had a convincing costume to wear. "Let me just read this.." the inspector said, looking at the name of the passport and entry permit. "Charlotte Huxley?" the inspector asked.
"Actually, I prefer to be called Charlie. Kinda a nickname that people tend to call me." Charlie said, as she gave the inspector her backpack to have him examine it. He pulled out newspaper clippings and a notebook, along with several other stuff. He didn't say a word, until he went to look up information on her in the database. The first thing that popped up, made his face grow white. "Damn I...You're approved. Don't cause any trouble now!" the inspector demanded, as he let Charlie go through. Pass the corridor of barbed wire fences that led Charlie down a small maze-like path away from the checkpoint, she arrived at an information booth where she was provided with a map of the region and the guide on what to do in Main Nation Ministry.

"Do you wish to be added to the slot, if there are any nations wanting some demons?" a worker said to Charlie, asking if she wanted to be in any other place besides Main Nation Ministry to immigrate to. "Nah. I think I'm good." Exiting Hell itself was a bit of a trip, as you're instructed to walk down a "bridge" to get to the portal at the end. It wasn't really that bad, until you never encountered it before. Of course, Charlie been in hell long enough to know what to do. Stepping through the portal, she arrived in the main hall where several soldiers were guarding the portal to prevent human visitors from entering. Leaving the building, Charlie looked around to see the surface world for the first time in almost what felt like forever. Of course, she needed to get some help, but she knew some friends that managed to get through, which she can consult to.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Sajnur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sajnur » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:47 am

Sajnur enter preparations for the World Cup

Sajnur's national team have come together for the first of many training camps in preparation for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers. The qualifiers themselves will, of course, coincide with Sajnur's domestic football competition and so new talent could spring up during the course of the season. Manager Eliseo Marinon named a 28 member squad for the first set of training camps, but he has emphasised that this roster is not set in stone, and will not be set in stone until the World Cup proper, in the unlikely event that Sajnur qualify.

Jessica Siafik will almost surely be playing as many qualifiers as possible, as will Andre Naulo, but the Sajnuran defence is less settled. Fresh from a disappointing Baptism of Fire, the defence has plenty of speculation around it, with Tomasi Vuierev and Taulant Haji the only sure names on the team sheet. David Kiral's spot is under pressure from a number of directions, as Marinon has indicated that Haji could be seeing time on the left, and Kahala Murje is being touted as a potential starter. Meanwhile, Kaori Hajat seems to have been shafted to the midfield, suggesting that Zain Hasan will be playing in a more box to box style role, and meaning Sian Levici and Rowan Down will have to compete with Ahmed Nazar if they can't secure a spot in attacking midfield. All in all, the selection battle looks to be very interesting, and Marinon will have a lot on his mind.

In related news, the Sajnuran national team will be playing a friendly with Baptism of Fire champions Xanneria, although details about the match have not been finalised as of publication.
Last edited by Sajnur on Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Air Conditioning - Prologue I

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:22 am

OOC: Forays of Folly is taking a cycle-long break or two. In the meanwhile, please enjoy this tale of conspiracy, conspiracy theory, conspiring conspirators, and flat-out dodgy blokes who seek to manipulate the Tinhamptonian population and Football Association towards the end of 2018-ish...
the Tinhamptonian National Football Team - The Miners
under the auspices of the Tinhampton Football Association

TFA MATCH STATPACK: Tinhampton 2-1 Juvencus
Venue: Royal Equestria Stadium, Canterlot, Equestrian States

STARTING LINEUPS and their USED SUBSTITUTES:
  • Tinhampton (5-4-1): 16. Julia ATHERTON (GK) (C), 2. Evan MORRIS, 3. Davina SALT, 4. Nathaniel GEORGE, 5. Brian SMALL, 19. Aihlo VATUNSKA (↻ VALLEY 86'), 6. Mohamed al-KHAZR (↻ WRIGHT 78'), 7. Jacob NORTH, 8. Louise WHITBREAD, 9. Fetakela MANUTA, 10. Priscilla EVANS
  • Juvencus (3-2-2-3): Taddeo BULGARI (GK), Dudu MATEIROS (C), Nicolò BASSI, Izotz IBARRA, Nino RUSSO, Clovis BRET, Tore CHRISTIAN, Hugo CREAK, Patxi ETXEBERRIA, Brunella TAFANI, Joaquim MARTELL
    Unable to play: None
GOALS (times in minutes): Louise WHITBREAD 13'19'', Peter NORTH (TIN) 51'30'', Patri ETXEBERRIA 67'09'' (Juvencus, trigram unknown)
CARDS: Yellow: Mohamed al-KHAZR 65' (TIN), Nathaniel GEORGE 90+3' (TIN). Red: none.
INJURIES: None
OTHER INCIDENTS: Juvencus did not supply shirt numbers to their players. ALL HAIL TINHAMPTON, WINNERS OF THE CUP OF HARMONY! although we still feel kind of bad over eliminating the Ministry of Sports

AIR CONDITIONING - prologue I; Canterlot, Equestrian States, October 2018
OOC disclaimer: VMS lettering is subject to Crown Copyright, and this font contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v1.0.

It's taken us probably the longest penalty shootout in history to get here and we're somehow not yet tired. Tinhampton are two goals up to one and three minutes of added time are tagged on. Nothing much appears to happen until Nate George gets a silly, silly booking after two of those. Joaquim Martell, after a slightly greater delay, drops the ball around the encircling definition of the ref's vanishing tape - say what you will about his permission of slightly dodgy stuff thingies that nobody seemed to believe their eyes about.
The time is about right for something vaguely resembling rationality and intellect. It may have been possible to tell from their eyes - his eyes - that they were focused and wanted to get the job done like they always seemed to do. Even if you did not or were not able to, you just knew. This was Juvencus, gli attaccanti, once on the verge of a second Cup of Harmony in three cycles but now teetering on the brink of a catastrophe that what felt like an entire stadium wanted to avoid. That much alone could be determined through reason.
On the carpet or in the air? Which one? Which one? Nobody (on the pitch, at least) seemed to know, or care, or feel anything other than an immense sense of pride towards the Tin City, a sense of duty and obligation and victory and all of those other things that Rach had thrown about like clockwork in the dressing room. They inadvertently decide on what contrives to be an unwittingly haphazard approach. If order does not necessitate an orderer, nor does disorder, surely?
Somebody out there must have been hoping that this would happen. In the end, Pete's noggin keeps any serious threat out and the tincans hold out for another three seconds to win their first major trophy. If only Julia had known what had been coming in for her...
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Savojarna
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2016

Postby Savojarna » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:38 am

SavojarSports.sj - inside reports from all Savojarna
Vilita, yet again: The Great WC82 Preview

It was only by a thread that the Savojar team managed to cling onto its Pot 2 position following a rather disappointing World Cup and CoH campaign in the last cycle. However, since then, things changed. Viktorija Petrova had clinched victory in a dramatic shootout against Qusmo in the Copa Rushmori quarter-final, and the team had been electrified by the experience. The Savojars went on to beat Eura 4-3 in a semifinal bout that STV2 Russica commentator Yuri Damyanovich called "the best match of football I have ever seen", and went on to the final following a late goal by Lenka Otalainen in a game that was on knife's edge for the entire time. This victory had carried them over to the final, where they faced Nephara and went behind early, but could equalise before the break thanks to a Sigurdsdottir header off a corner. As could be expected with these two countries, the game remained tight and intense, with Savojarna eventually hoisting the trophy after a shootout victory over the Cormorants.

And now, coming off their first international title in Savojar football history, the female version of the Northlights is going to return to the world stage with the WCQ 82 campaign at the very bottom of Pot 2. Had they lost only one more place in the rankings, the Savojars would have dropped behind Drawkland and faced a notably more difficult campaign, being forced to play the likes of Sargossa (a recent CR vice-champion), the unpredictable Banija, former archrivals Juvencus or traditional heavyweights Audioslavia. In some rare case of laser-guided karma, the Savojars may have been lucky with the pots, but unlucky with the draw, getting one of the highest-ranked teams in both Pot 1 and 3 - and another visit to the Vilitan Cove, playing our archrivals that are now also officially the best team of the Multiverse. Good luck with that.

MD 1: Savojarna vs. Abanhfleft
The campaign starts out with what may very well be the single most important game of it. Abanhfleft are nearly equal with Savojarna in rank, and the first challenger to the playoff spot that should go to the Savojars based on the paper form. They are never an easy opponent, as a good start can easily lead to their offensive department getting themselves in a rush and completely overthrowing the opposition's defence. However, Savojarna were never prone to having this happening to them. Memories of the Fleftic are good: In WC80, the women's team faced off against them as well and beat them 3-1 in Sjoedrhavn halfway through qualification. By the final match in Abanhfleft, the qualification for the play-offs had already been secured, and a spectacular match ended with a 5-2 away victory for the Savojars. A victory here could set the tone for the entire rest of the campaign, while a loss could be drastic already. Prediction: 2-0; 2-2

MD 2: Soviet Micronesia vs. Savojarna
This newcomer is a great unknown, ranked 307th in the world and having only played in the Baptism thus far. Thanks to the BoF being played home and away this year, we have some more information than we usually would, but it remains little. Despite scouts watching six games of the Micronesians, we have no idea what their players are called, or what formation they play - the scout's notes only say it is "unremarkable and of little importance, following general principles of football and of a neutral disposition". In place of any noteworthy players, there was a draft of a truly horrible poem praising the skills and legs of Irina Jarkasjärvi. Said scout has been fired, but this decision was reversed by the SFA's head of scouting, who said: "Mr. Uppval has shown his skills and dedication as a scout, travelling to the furthest corners of the multiverse for us". Observers quickly noted that Mr. Uppval's "furthest corners" suspiciously often are tropical islands and he shares a last name with the head of scouting, who turned out to be his uncle. Nonetheless, Soviet Micronesia's seven points in six games at the BoF suggest two victories for Savojarna. Prediction: 0-2; 4-1

MD 3: Savojarna vs. Valladares
Do not fear, Savojar fan, for Valladares are no longer the team that trashed the Savojars 3:0 in the Copa 30. Nevertheless, a former international heavyweight, they are going to be eager to prove their worth. Nevertheless, their latest international showing was poor: In Mytanija, they managed only two points and not a single goal against the hosts (0-0), Eastfield Lodge (0-0) and Qusmo (0-1). This led to a quick, but especially for the neutral viewer not necessarily painless, elimination from the Copa despite having entered as a co-favourite. Probably unsurprisingly after this horrible performance, offence is the name of the game for the Valladar team in this round. Savojarna are generally well equipped to beat back waves of attack, but they will have to bring their best to hold this former heavyweight at bay. However, shall they manage to take nine points out of the first three games - which is very much in the realm of the possible - a big step towards the play-offs will be made. Prediction: 2-1; 1-1

MD 4: Busoga Islands vs. Savojarna
This side has been referred to as "a poor man's Banija" by Savojar media before. Completely integrated into the Banijan pyramid, this country maintains close links with one of the top teams of the Multiverse. Despite few Busogan players being known internationally, this is a dangerous opponent with a few strong players. Goalkeeper Delbin Kasekende has previously played for the Banijan national team, as has defender Berihu Abelesome. However, the Islands failed to do much in the latest edition, coming eighth in their group. Overall a beatable, yet tedious and unpredictable opponent. Prediction: 0-1; 2-0

MD 5: Savojarna vs. Bysantia
Yet another newcomer, albeit one that had marginally more success at the Baptism and was scouted by slightly more competent personnel. The less tropical nature of Bysantia may be the reason for that, according to the rumours previously mentioned. They seem to be somewhat of a random team, having been the only side to maintain a clean record throughout the BoF group stage only to crash out spectacularly in a 3-5 loss at the first chance they had. Bysantia are characterised further by a rather offensive 4-4-2, high scorelines, and jerseys that look like a set of 90s hockey uniforms. Prediction: 4-2, 2-3

MD 6: Nottinhaps vs. Savojarna
Yet another newcomer? Yes. And despite their name, it’s not true that Nottin Happens when these people are on the pitch (sorry). Their Baptism campaign was rather uninspiring, with a perfectly sub-average 2-3-1 record that took them into the Round of 24, but then they managed to take out Ancherion in a long shootout and were the team that defeated Bysantia in the aforementioned octofinal. While the Nottinhaps staff failed to provide us with a press kit, scouting reveals that they play balanced, usually employ a 4-4-2, but can also switch to a single striker, with the wingers either falling back to a 4-2-3-1 or playing high upfront. The latter would set Savojarna at a mirror match, the former would be inconvenient but hardly impossible to break for the wingers of the Northlights. Prediction: 1-1; 1-3

MD 7: Savojarna vs. Ashaie
The fourth BoF 69 alumnus in this group is potentially the weakest in the group (and the use of the word “potentially” here is mandated by my journalism guidelines). There is zero information about this team, except for media reports of Libertas Omnium Maximus, which led to suspicions of Savojar YouTubers that the entire country of Ashaie may be a conspiracy made up by LOM to make them qualify for the next round. This was fuelled further by the abysmal record of Ashaie, who lost five games in a row until the last round, when they drew TigerSharkistan (who let a seven year old name a country again?) and therefore gave LOM some crucial aid to qualify. Coincidence? Probably yes. Prediction: 5-1, 0-3

MD 8: Competitive Solitaire vs. Savojarna
Offensive sides are plenty in this group, and this is the next one. They had a very balanced WC 81 campaign, with a 8-3-7 record and a goal differential of +2. However, they also displayed a weak defence, conceding the third-most goals in their group despite coming fifth, beating only the hopeless Leodomum and Palmeria on goals conceded. This should be good news for a Savojar side that never struggled scoring. Little is known about their form, or their recent developments, and they are a typical midfield side. The home game will be crucial, as a victory in the penultimate game may already secure the Savojars a playoff spot. Prediction: 2-2; 3-1

MD 9: Savojarna vs. Vilita
You couldn’t choose this any better, could you? The history of the Vilitan-Savojar rivalry goes back to the WCoH 34 final in Sjoedrhavn. The Vilitans, competing in ice hockey as a combined team with Turori, beat the Northlights with 4-5 and hoisted the cup in front of a deeply disappointed Savojar audience. It spilled over into football when Vilita and Savojarna met in the WC 80 qualification. On the second match day, the Savojars stunned Vilita with a 2-1 away victory and took the lead in the group, which they held until their rematch. With neither team having dropped a point for eight games straight, the two sides met in Sjoedrhavn, where they played 1-1. Savojarna then extended their lead to five points, but fell into a slump shortly before the end of the campaign and finished a tight race two points behind Vilita, having to go through the playoffs. This time around, it will be yet another highlight - with Savojarna still unbeaten by Vilita in a WCC-sanctioned match. Prediction: 1-1, 0-1

The group will likely end up being split in two: Vilita, Savojarna and Abanhfleft will repeat their three-way race of four years ago, with Valladares trying to make inroads. Behind, the four newcomers of Ashaie, Bysantia, Nottinhaps and Soviet Micronesia will likely struggle to pick up points and mainly look for improvements to their KPB position. Competitive Solitaire, and to a lesser degree the Busoga Islands, will probably fall in between, with the former potentially challenging the Top 4 for at least a few points, while the latter will struggle to stay away from the back four.

On top, much will depend on how well the teams start. If Savojarna take a good start, they may well challenge Vilita for the lead, while a bad start for any of the top teams could lead to trouble. However, we believe that Vilita’s experience and strength ultimately makes the difference in this group. Valladares will pose a formidable challenge, but prove to lack some bite towards the end of the campaign, leaving Savojarna and Abanhfleft to battle it out for the second place. As the Fleftic have been shown to be a good opponent for Savojarna, we see the Northlights ultimately prevailing.

Which other groups should you watch? Brenecia and Banija may duel each other for the victory in Group 1, but should both easily qualify out of it, with the biggest threat being Eshan. Eura probably have too much class to be troubled in Group 2, but we expect a bitter fight for second between Drawkland and Audioslavia. A bloodbath awaits us in Group 4: Lacking any true big hitters, expect a tight race of Barunia, Nova Anglicana and Jeruselem, with the Main Nation Ministry looking to surprise. Group 7 is another potential group of death: Pasarga and Sargossa are two Rushmori giants, but with Devonta, North Prairie and the surprisingly good Squornshelan Remnant States, there is no shortage of challengers.

Group 9 is usually reserved for Nephara, but while Baker Park and Tinhampton may lack the quality to contend over 18 games, both could pull off upsets - and will fight each other brutally for the playoffs. Group 11 will probably see Cosumar through, but while none of the challengers are likely to steal the victory from them, this group has no less than five potential qualifiers. Group 14 has Filindostan challenging the giants of Starblaydia and Cassadaigua; and finally, in Group 15, we will see if the returning Krytenia can still challenge the likes of the Equestrian States (if not, the ponies and Mercedini will sail out of this group easily).

The whole fun starts in two weeks*, all Savojar games and selected foreign games are broadcast live on STV2, and all matches will be streamed on SavojarSports.sj!

*IC'ly, for Savojarna, matches are played in batches of two every three weeks, with games being played Thursday and Sunday.
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:28 am

World Cup 82: Preview
Can Starblaydia step out of the shadows?

Sutter McCloud, 19 year old goalscoring sensation,
fresh from winning the Under-18 World Cup,
makes the senior squad for the first time.
The 82nd World Cup, to be held in Apox and Starblaydia's old rivals Valanora, will be Starblaydia's sixty-third attempt to qualify for the longest-running and most prestigious sports tournament in the multiverse. It's something the Starblaydia national football team have accomplished on 47 occasions before, with a famous five of those tournaments ultimately being won by the men and women in white. It's an almost unparalleled sporting history, one that has resulted in twenty-four Starblaydi players being lifted up into the World Cup Hall of Fame, with three of those being from the legendary Di Bradini family and one from the nation's ruling Starblayde family. Indeed, should Starblaydia qualify for the Finals this time around, an eleventh induction ceremony for two more Starblaydi players will be held. Quite who those might be, however, is another matter entirely.

Starblaydia's statistics, for the two hundred and sixty-eight years they have been on the international football scene, ever since their debut entry in the 15th World Cup Qualifiers in 1974 (by the Starblaydi-Audioslavian calendar) are quite something to behold. The senior national team has played just over 1,700 games in those years, winning a smidgen over 60% of them, some 1022 international victories. They've scored 3,610 goals in that time, with a positive goal difference of a mind-boggling 1,727 to the good. They've drawn matches 300 times and tasted the bitterness of defeat almost 400 times. In World Cup Qualifiers, the next record Starblaydia look forward to is their 600th win. They're a minimum of seven games away from that tally, but only 5 away from playing 900 qualifying matches. On the goals side of things, a tally of 24 will see them score their 2,000th qualifying goal, compared to the 863 they've conceded so far.

The pedigree is clear, and oft-stated: five-time World Champions, six-time Regional Champions, two-time Under-21, one-time Olympic Football Men's Champions and now one-time Under-18 Champions. Three other minor tournament Championships sit alongside them from the 2nd Four Nations Invitational, the Indigenous World Cup, and the King's Cup. It's a trophy cabinet that practically any other nation in the multiverse would envy, but last year was the first time it had been opened up for a new championship since 2103 - and that was an Under-18 trophy!

But it's 2242, and Under-18 world titles do not shake the foundations of the KPB rankings, nor do they put golden starts on the shirt at the highest level. Where are the senior championships in the past 140 years? Starblaydia's most recent title success was almost exactly half the existence of the national team ago. Generations of fans have been born, grown up and died cheering on the iconic white kits of Starblaydia without a single defining moment of glory. The last time Starblaydia were in a Final was almost eighty years ago, and before that was another fifty. It's lucky the manager is an essentially-immortal elf, because shes's likely the only person who remembers when Starblaydia really did rule the world.

Those eighty years ago Starblaydia shocked the world by getting to the World Cup Final and, ultimately, lost to that hard-working and exceptionally dirty Audioslavia side. It's also been eighty years since Starblaydia have fielded a squad quite this young, with their average age of 24 years and seven months. The latest captain herself, Viola Capodanno, sits precisely astride that age of 24. It's not even her first time with the armband, having been captain of Starblaydia's Under-21s and also the Women's Olympic Football team already. Most would see putting one of the most honoured achievements any Starblaydi footballer can attain in the hands of a defensive midfielder of an unfashionable Liga Starblaydia side to be quite the risk, but that's not how Capodanno herself sees it:

"There are already plenty of leaders in this squad," she told us, "you've got the likes of Mezza (Mezna Rayyen) and her experience up front for the past decade, Coley (Aaron Cole) ruling the top of the Liga, Tupes (Tupu Alofa) is a rock at the back, and there's so many players who step up to be counted in this squad: all leaders, leading by example. Wearing the armband is a huge honour, of course, and a massive personal achievement - to think that I could be leading out Starblaydia into the World Cup, maybe even in Valanora, would be so many dreams come true for such a young side like this, and a relatively young player like I am."

The last time a squad was this young was World Cup 62. It was a team who scraped into the Finals via a play-off, as Starblaydia often did at the time. But what a team that was. Those names in the starting XI included two future World Cup Hall of Famers: Sergio Di Bradini, who would go on to win 107 caps for his country and end up 10th on the all-time list, the second-highest human appearance maker, and Lena Kochanska, the golden girl of Starblaydi foobtall who ended up scoring 61 goals in 104 matches. This tally is more than any other human striker in the nation's history, behind only the immortal elves of Valrauncion (116 goals) and the current manager, Ázëwyn Fëanáro (71 goals). These two players, and others like them - Juan Torres, Joe Copeland, Azestella Ajhabekk, Vicenzo Natrionne and Ezekiel Stark would all go on to have examplary careers, peaking in that notorious World Cup 63 Final, where it was proven that sometimes just kicking both shins and the ball as hard as you can will prevail out over skill, style and honour. But that was the last time Starblaydia shocked the footballing multiverse, unheralded as they were in that tournament, so soon after returning to the international stage. Putting those numbers into perspective, the man often perceived to be Starblaydia's greatest ever player, the multiverse legend Simeone Di Bradini, scored just 44 goals in 84 games. His goalscoring exploits see him joint-tenth on the all-time Starblaydi list, seventh-equal of the human players he can be realisitically compared to. He never played in a World Cup Final for Starblaydia, reaching only as far as the Quarter-Final stage of a solitary World Cup and a single AOCAF Cup.

This is the true strength of Starblaydi football, the promise and potential that every Starblaydi player has had to live up to for more than two centuries. When their most famous player, arguably the most famous player in the history of the World Cup only ranks as joint-tenth on your all-time goalscorers list, just how good does one have to be to be able to break into that list of all-time legends?
World Cup 82
Qualifying Group 14

North Quadana (242)
Tiiwark (349)
Britaen (UR)
The Sherpa Empire (105)
Starblaydia (17)
Filindostan (45)
Omerica (61)
Cassadaigua (22)
Abristan (206)
Polkopia (87)

We began this article by asking quite who would be Starblaydia's next one, or two, entries into the World Cup Hall of Fame at the end of this tournament. Who is there that can join the twenty-four names who have come before. The multiverse's most famous player, Simeone Di Bradini. The man who captained both Starblaydia's Under-21's and the full national team to World Cup glory, Nunzio Gre. The woman who began a revolution and ensured Starblaydia's male and female players stood shoulder to shoulder, Cherry Garcia, when they lifted the Cup for the first time. Khim Azanulbizarn, the World Cup winning Dwarf as both player an maanger. Two time World Cup winner Jaime Oberlander, who also managed The Pazhujeb Islands to Baptism of Fire victory. The women who continually pushed Starblaydia's goal-scoring record higher and higher: Jacqueline Maitland, Dasha Tolkacheva and Lena Kochanska. David Bedford, who saved the last of the penalty shoot-out shots to win a World Cup. Championship winning captains Leandro Perheira, Diamontii Di Bradini and Tuomas Hindenberg. Player, manager, historian and innovator Lex Panarii, who was later President of the World Cup Committee. The national captain who became the Lord-Protector of nation, Juluis Starblayde. The goalkeeper who was named "Best in the World", Lucas Cable, or the man who's talent pulled that unheralded Starblaydi side to the Final of a World Cup only to have it ripped away at the last minute - Sergio Di Bradini. Ázëwyn Fëanáro, who won two World Cups and now brings Starblaydia to the top table of world football once again as Manager. Her contemporary, the World Cup Winner and briefly administrator of the entire multiverse's World Cup Committee, Tororin Halatyrion. Who matches these names in this current team, where a pair of last-sixteen World Cup appearances and a Third Place medal in an AOCAF Cup are the greatest triumphs of the recent past? There's not even a sniff of success from the recent retirees from the Starblaydi game. Just how far back do we need to look, is it all the way back to World Cup 63's Final-losing team, or even further?

The simple solution is, of course, for Viola Capodanno to lead Starblaydia to an all-time record sixth World title in Valanora and Apox, at which point there will be three Hall of Fame spots to dish out, and the SFA can hand them out like sweets for anyone who's half-decent, so their legend can live on forever among the halls of the greats. Simple. Right?

To get there, however, they have to get out of this group - let's look at their opponents, their history and their chances.

Baptism of Fire 69 Team Information / Formation: 4-2-2-2 (attacking) (expected)

Knocked out of the Baptism of Fire by eventual Third Place side Libertas Omnium Maximus, North Quadrana are largely built on the play of their star striker and captain Oyakawa Senzo. Topping their group with just a single defeat in six and a healthy more-than-two goals per game to the good record, there's definitely a threat from this attack-minded side. They'll certainly look to be the best of the debut sides in this tournament and, with players like Senzo lighting up the pitch, they might just be able to.

Starblaydia record      Pld   W  D  L  GF  GA  GD 
vs North Quadana 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Baptism of Fire 69 Team Information / Formation: 4-4-2 (defensive) (expected)

Though they didn't pick up a single victory in their six Baptism of Fire matches, Tiiwark's fresh squad take their second steps on the road to international glory. Despite football not being very popular in Tiiwark, Antti Swiis' side and young centre forward Kiivis Taaqiilovitaaxiq are still hoping to make their mark on this group: finishing in 6th place for this team would likely be an excellent achievement.

vs Tiiwark 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Team Information TBC / Formation: Unknown

There's no story able to be told from Britaen right now, but one thing is for sure: the Queen will surely be behind her team as they compete on the world stage for the first time. They're likely to be Group 14's whipping boys, but if they can get a result or two under their belt early on - even if only by surprise factor - they could pick up some momentum if their governing body can keep funding for the team in place. Unlikely for them to finish anything other than bottom of the pile, however.

vs Britaen 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
World Cup 82 Team information / Formation: 3-4-3 (balanced)

Sherpas love racing and baseball, but while football isn't at the top of their priorities list, they're back again after a Quarte-Final run in the Campionato Esportiva. This is going to be something of a running theme in Group 14, with three Esportivan sides facing off against a lone Rushmori and Starblaydia supplying the Atlantian Oceania role in the 'big three'. Only two can progress, however, and the odds are they'll spend more time taking points off their regional rivals than they will do threatening the likes of Starblaydia and Cassadaigua. Still, they're no slouches and will certainly cause an upset or two along the way, with Shubhashish Srihatta leading the line we're all going to need an extra sip of water when discussing this side.

vs The Sherpa Empire 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
World Cup 82 Team information / Formation: 3-5-2 (attacking)

The most recent opponents for Starblaydia in the group, the Filindostanis are coming off a terrible last few years, with non-qualification for World Cup 81 sending them into a spiral of defeats at the Campionato Esportiva to signal what feels like the worst period in their short history. Starblaydia feature heavily in the little over 100 game history of the Red Garuda, being part of both their joint-biggest win and their joint-heaviest defeat. Both of these matches came in the Qualifiers for World Cup 79, with Starblaydia knocking three past Filindostan at the Stadii Di Bradini, but managing to be annihilated 5-1 at the Filindostan National Stadium. This result halted Starblaydia's charge for the top of the group in the closing stages of the Qualifiers, leaving them second behind Vilita on that occasion as they made it to Ceni and Drawkland.

The main question here is whether Twilight Sparkle can bring this team out of the shadows and into something resembling a real threat to the order of this group, otherwise it might have to be Cup of Harmony application time for the FFF if players like King and Yish don't live up to their coach's lofty expectations. They'll likely struggle to finish in the Qualification spots, but may well have a say in who manages to make it there.

vs Filindostan 2 1 0 1 4 5 -1
World Cup 82 Team Information / Formation: 4-2-3-1

Starblaydia have yet to face Omerica, ranked at 61st in the world, but there's soon to be another link between the iconic team in white and this Omerican side: the makers of their kits. The United Republican Soccer Federation have already reportedly struck a deal with the premier sportswear manufacturers ediraf to replace their No Nonsense Sportswear kits. Omerica's 'Incorrigibles' began life on the international stage with a bang and had something of a dream first few years to under their belt, but it all went wrong for them and they're now struggling to climb that most difficult of ladders - the KPB rankings. With Morgan Barzetti the tip of their particular spear there's certainly the opportunity to shake up the final group table, though Qualification looks just out of their reach thanks to the heavyweights alongside them.

vs Omerica 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
World Cup 82 Team information / Formation: 4-4-2 (attacking)

Despite having first faced each other thirty-five World Cups ago, Starblaydia and Cassadaigua have never met in World cup Qualifiers before. It even took five tournaments to meet in anything other than a minor competition, as Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy, King's Cup and Valhala Invitationals came and went before the two sides would meet, in The Holy Empire, during the 50th World Cup. Up until then, Starblaydia had twice smashed the Dagans, 4-2 and 5-0, both featuring hat-tricks from Nicole Maitland-Banks as she made her way to 47 goals and 10th place on the all-time Starblaydi goalscorers list. In World Cup 50's Group Stage, however, when it really mattered, the result was 1-0 to Cassadaigua and certainly helped them build a platform that would win not only that World Cup, but incredibly the following one too. It was also the beginning of a three match win streak against the five times World Champions, defeating them in the 5th Dragonni Inviyatti and then again, on home soil, during the 54th World Cup.

The most recent meeting between the two was more than twenty tournaments ago, a 1-1 draw in Valanora during the 61st World Cup. With two solid matches, home and away, for the first time, maybe we'll get the best clues as to which team can top this group and add a little more spice to the rivalry that is Atlantian Oceania versus Rushmore.

vs Cassadaigua 7 2 2 3 12 10 +2
Cup of Harmony 69 Team Information / Formation: 4-4-2 (attacking) (expected)

Plucky Abristan are the most attack-minded team in this qualifying group barring perhaps Starblaydia themselves, but it's been quite a while since Matthew Harris' brave boys first debuted some five tournaments ago. It'll be another team that Starblaydia are expected to dominate both home and away, but other teams will have their eyes set on Abristan as a winnable match with which to climb the group table.

vs Abristan 2 2 0 0 3 1 +2
World Cup 82 Team information / Formation: 5-4-1 (balanced)

There was a time when Polkopia kept cropping up in Starblaydi sports journalism, thanks to being drawn in the same qualifying group twice in three tournaments. All bar one of these four events ended in a Starblaydi victory, though none of the matches produced more than a two-goal winning margin. This would suggest that these teams are closer than one might think, but these results were literally forty years ago, and at this point might as well be ancient history.

vs Polkopia 4 3 0 1 5 4 +1
Last edited by Starblaydia on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

New Lusitania and the Algarves
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Lusitania and the Algarves » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:50 am

STL|Serviços de Transmissão Lusitana
Sport | Football|
World Cup 82

NEW LUSITANIA BEGIN ROAD TO THE WORLD CUP

The draw for the World Cup 82 Qualifiers was done last night, with a grand total of 150 nations competing, including New Lusitania. In this edition, the chosen format is fifteen groups of ten and although it has not been confirmed, it is believed that the top two countries from each group travel to Apox and Valanora. Whoever still remains could, as usual, participate in the Cup of Harmony in Cosumar and the Merchant nation of Mriin. Following an organisational problem this week, the draw was redone and the groups are known to all.

New Lusitania's Situation
New Lusitania is currently ranked 50th in the Multiverse and was seeded in Pot 3, landing in Group 8. New Lusitania's best opponent is second ranked South Covello. The Selecção is definitely hoping to cause a good impression in the first outing with this team, the highest ranked New Lusitania has ever played. In Pot 2, Juvencus came out. Contrary to the former, we've seen action with the latter in Qualifiers, with good results for both sides. It'll most likely be one of the most important games, if the Equipa de Todos Nós wants to get to the Finals. After them, in Pot Four there's the USAR, or United Socialist Alpine Republics. Once again, the two sides have met, albeit back in World Cup 78 when New Lusitania was a troubled minnow. Nonetheless, two respectable defeats of 1-2 away and 0-1 in Sevilha means this will be one the boys will want to win. Kernovi is the 95th best nation in the Multiverse and hails from Esportiva. Having produced decent results recently and no previous encounters it's hard to say where this'll go.
Next up, 105th ranked Saint Émelie. The Royal Equestrian Stadium in Canterlot hosted the only meeting between the two sides, in the 73rd Cup of Harmony, in which New Lusitania won with goals by Gama, Jota and Nevais which would've put them in first in Group A if not for Katjanovic and specially Fouchier's goal on 89 minutes. It was a win and New Lusitania progressed at the time, nonetheless. Still in our group are Osarius, Baranil, Zuiopien and the Bjornoya Islands. Osarius comes from Atlantian Oceania and is currently 173rd in the rankings. Baranil made their last appearance in a tournament in the IA6 in Mercedini, where they passed the groups, losing in the following round. There's still recent teams Zuiopien and unranked Bjornoya.

Other Groups
Group One includes three Top forty sides as Brenecia, Banija and Eshan all play each other, the first two favourites to go through of course. In Group 2, Eura will face Drawkland, Darkmania as well as Audioslavia. Four strong sides, which will probably see one of the bigger teams in Mriin and Cosumar. Group 3 features The Holy Empire, Qasden and Eastfield Lodge, but New Lusitania's focus here will be in regional friends from Libertas Omnium Maximus who managed a respectable third in the Baptism of Fire. Barunia, despite being one of the lower heads of group, seem to have a bit of leeway in number four with 41st Jeruselem the next biggest team, though the Main Nation Ministry is always a contender.
Ethane will play in Group 5, with Ko-oren and Damukini the other big names, though Siovanija and Teusland along with Freeport do hold some interest. In Group 6, the Free Republics worry about twentieth placed Darmen, though Taeshan and The Maccabees are also placed there.
Group 7 is quite interesting, providing matches between Pasarga, Sargossa, Devonta and the S.R.S., who made it far in the Independent Championships. Group 9 also has its fair share of known nations, including third ranked Nephara, Baker Park, the miners of Tinhampton and Natanians and Nosts, though it also features lusophones from Dreamplanet and former opponents Blaneu. Tutori, 95X, Kita-Hinode and Cosneolta are all in Group 10 with Kelssek also being one to watch. Group 11 has action guaranteed, with Saltstead, Qusmo, Mattijana and Mytanija, who seem to make it empirical to wind up together to cause confusion. It's also a good idea to check Velestria who are still a minnow in comparison, but have good expectations. Cup of Harmony hosts Mriin are joined by Acronius, Farfadillis as well as former opponents of the Selecção Beepee and Petroslovania in Group 12. Group 13 holds top dogs Vilita, as well as Savojarna, Abahnfleft and also Valadares. Group 14 has IA winners Omerica along with Starblaydia, Filindostan and the women of Cassaidagua. There's still The Sherpa Empire, rising in the low hundreds to cause some trouble.
Finally, an absolute cracker of a group in Group 15 where contenders Mercedini and the Equestrian States face decent opponents in Indusse, Garifunya and Krytenia.
As observed, though some seem to have the ability of cruising to the World Cup with ease, nothing is certain in the Qualifiers, with much to play for.

First reactions
We caught up with Victor Santa Cruz to see what are the prospects of New Lusitania in this cycle:
I: Hello, can you tell us what does the Selecção think they can achieve this time round?
VSC: Hello. Well, the direct answer is Qualification. We want to reach the Finals this time round after the heartbreak last time out. As a last resort there's the Cup of Harmony, but we're all hoping we can do better this time around.
I: The group itself, what are your initial thoughts?
VSC: I think we got a decent draw as far as I can tell, there are much worse groups than this, and it gives us a shadow of a chance to get to the finals.
I: Now, we haven't seen you since the win in Mercedini. How has that been?
VSC: Well third place in what for us is the second biggest tournament in terms of reach so I'd consider it a very important mark in our footballing history. The lads celebrated of course but we're focusing on the Qualifiers now.
I: Thanks Victor.
VSC: No problem.

Meanwhile in Jornada, António Soares considered the group alright, though saying that the Cup of Harmony would probably be our destination if we play well. Rui Lourosa meanwhile, had the opinion that if the Selecção win all their intended games and beat one of the bigger sides they might just slide through into Apox and Valanora.

-----------------------------------
Matchday: Internationals
coverage of the best
STL1 22:00 GMT
World Cup 82.
The best of the action on STL, your National Broadcaster
New Lusitania in exclusive.
Reach us with your reactions:
#STL #forçaselecção #WC82 #LUS
#Aquihádragões #HereBeDragons
----------------------------------
STL in association with FLF
MMXIX
Last edited by New Lusitania and the Algarves on Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEW LUSITANIA AND THE ALGARVES

PROUD MEMBER OF THE IDU \ Trigramme: NLA
Embassy Program - Closed
Champions of IAC9, 3rd IAC6
3G, 2S, 2B at the IDU Olympics'19
Semi-finalist of the WPIC 3 [Water Polo]
Almost made it to World Cup 80 (3rd in Group) as well as World Cup 81 (lost playoff)

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Report #1

Postby Geektopia » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:12 pm

Placed in a group with three other people at the BoF69, Geektopia's chances were slim to get out, but not as slim as being placed in a group of 10. With the bar being set high for the Geektopians after qualifying for this world cup, stress levels are up 2.6x more than the last sporting event. Will the GSR climb out of the hole that is Group 1 and go to the R75? Only the scorinator knows.

Players to Watch for on GKTA:
Russ de Andes
------------------------------
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

Third Asopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Asopia » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:16 pm

The Hallesht Times

Group 3 preview

Group 3
Dritten Asopie (332)
Eastfield Lodge (44)
Brusseldorf (UR)
Acapais (77)
Santa Regada (101)
Quakmybush (132)
Qasden (24)
The Holy Empire (12)
Libertas Omnium Mximus (206)
Sulsuland (239)
Usually newcomers won’t succeed in the qualifiers, following we are the officially last-placed team in the group. But not to worry, only 4 of the 10 are in the top 100. But with Brusseldorf unranked, we may see a shocker in times to come.

Eastfield Lodge
This team is one of the many teams we fear. Being in the top 50s sounds like a big deal to us, following we are a measly 332nd. We expect this team to fight for the qualifying spots or the playoffs.

Brusseldorf
Apparently it’s either they were too late for the BoF and didn’t participate or they used to be I. The World Cup but apparently they went on a hiatus. We don’t know their worth, and we can’t guess, so there.

Acapais
77 is actually a lucky number to the Asopins, but tides may change because 77 is smaller than 100. The other three top teams will most probably take the top three spots, so Acapais have to work hard to see a miracle.

Santa Regada
A lot of people will probably laugh at the ‘Santa’ part, but actually they are nothing to laugh about. They were almost in the top hundred. 101. 101. We know there is a low chance of playoffs and that sort, so we expect them to at least get some favorable three-pointers.

Quakmybush
The name is, again, another laughing stock. But being in the 132nd place, and us? 200 places down. Even though they are not the giants here, we should be afraid of them. Seriously. They should win against Santa Regada and the other teams down below.

Qasden
The name ‘Qasden’ is not a funny one, but it is a weird one. Yet it is so unique. Just like their team for WC82. 24 is a so-called magical number. Multiples of 1,2,3,4,6,8,10. Oh my goodness. Being the second highest ranked side, they are most likely to get that quakifying spot. Seriously.

The Holy Empire
This is their IC name, and being 12th place. That’s like half of Qasden. They are one of the most important roles of NS Sports. They even got commended in the WA. Sounds cool. This means we should put a lot of effort in playing against them so as to salvage at least a draw.

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Okay. They were better in the BoF than us. They went on to the R16, and probably further than that. We should get at least a win against them.

Sulsuland
We don know why, but Sulsuland’s players are mostly called Sulsu. And they need fish. We still don’t know how they’ll fare though.
Presenting my signature signature!
Procrastination... is the art of knowing you have a job to do but know there's like a year till it's due. It's elemental for the Asopin soul to survive in such a slow-paced world.
Bored of having to see Juventus winning the Schudetto too many times? Can wait to see that match where Ronaldo didn’t shoot at all? Tired of seeing Napoli fight for first place when there’s no point? Oh boy, you’ve found a new friend.

I got Theo Theodoridis as my flag model. Showing my love for Greece!

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:05 pm

Darmeni Football Association announces World Cup 82 Qualification venues

SCOTT CITY - The Darmeni Football Association announced the nine venues that will host the All Greens' qualification matches as the team hopes to reach its third World Cup finals in a row. Darmen has been drawn into Group Six, along with powerhouse and ninth ranked nation in the multiverse Free Republics, and long time rivals Taeshan. This will be the second straight qualifying campaign with Darmen and Taeshan being drawn into the same group.

MD2: vs. Skarten (267) @ City Stadium, Scott City (37,100)
Record at Venue: 1-0-0 3GF 2GA
Date Opponent Result Competition Attendance
Saturday, April 5, 2042 Innovian Indusse W 3-2 World Cup 81 Qualifying 35,482
After facing the Macabees on the road to being the qualifiers, Darmen will face its first opponent at home in 267th ranked Skarten. Skarten made it to the Baptism of Fire's Round of 16, before bowing out of the tournament on penalties to Ofasval. Don't expect a capacity crowd to show up to the match at the City Stadium, as fans residing in the capital are becoming increasingly frustrated at the quality of opponents Darmen faces in the metro area. Rumors that the second division Suburban Warriors are planning on building a 60,000+ seat stadium in the northern Oldtown neighborhood have been well received, but it'll be a few years before a new stadium can be built.

MD4: vs. Geektopia (339) @ Stadion Hungaria, Kingsville (36,343)
Record at Venue: 1-0-0 4GF 2GA
Saturday, November 16, 2041 South Caleblan W 4-2 World Cup 81 Qualifying 23,494
After Darmen's first meeting with the Purple Knights in Taeshan, Darmen will return home to face 339th Geektopia. It took until their final match of the Group Stage in the Baptism of Fire before Geektopia came away with some points, completing a dismal showing from the team in its inaugural tournament. The All Greens shouldn't face much competition here, expect them to have fun in the midfield putting stress on their opponents with an excessive amount of nutmegs and rainbows. The defense will have to keep a close eye on Russ de Andes however.

MD6: vs. Free Republics (9) @ Brham Stadium, Brham (54,000)
Record at Venue: 2-0-4 13GF 15GA
Saturday, October 14, 2028 Tumbra W 4-3 World Cup 75 Qualifying 20,974
Wednesday, February 4, 2037 Garifunya W 5-2 World Cup 77 Qualifying 52,238
Saturday, July 23, 2039 Sargossa L 0-1 World Cup 78 Qualifying 54,000
Saturday, June 2, 2040 Jeruselem L 1-2 World Cup 79 Qualifying 52,062
Saturday, January 25, 2042 Baker Park L 1-2 World Cup 81 Qualifying 53,000
Saturday, September 13, 2042 Banija L 2-5 International Friendly 54,000
Brham Stadium has not been kind to the All Greens as of late; the Darmenis have lost the last four matches played at the venue, including a recent 2-5 decision to Banija in a pre-qualifying friendly. That may raise some questions then as to why the DFA selected the venue to host arguably Darmen's most important match of qualification against the Free Republics. The two teams have no recent history, so it will be interesting to observe the strategies devised by Godefroy Abascal and Rule Theriault as they face off for the first time.

MD9: vs. Balqia (206) @ Estadio Monumental Ernesto Chavarría, Rogerton (37,500)
Record at Venue: 1-0-0 3GF 2GA
Saturday, December 7, 2041 Timmy's Tigers W 3-2 World Cup 81 Qualifying 33,227
The runners-up at the most recent Baptism of Fire, Balqia represent the biggest challenge Darmen will face among teams making their debuts this cycle. Rigo Janus scored their lone goal in the Final; he is joined by thirty-year old striker Balto Faj in a dangerous attacking partnership. Regardless, the All Greens should be confident that they'll come away from this match with three points in hand. The away leg on the final matchday of qualification could prove to be a challenge however.

MD10: vs. The Macabees (67) @ Augusta Stadium, Augusta (45,000)
Record at Venue: 0-1-0 1GF 1GA
Saturday, April 26, 2042 Coldfield D 1-1 World Cup 81 Qualifying 44,771
While the Macabees lack true star power, they play as a complete team, all eleven members of the team contributing equally to their success. The team reached the semifinals of the inaugural Díencup, but apparently this wasn't good enough for the footballing authorities in that country as they sacked their former Manager and appointed Begora Listenaicher to take over the reigns. They have high hopes this cycle, and are dangerous opponents for the All Greens.

MD12: vs. Taeshan (46) @ Stadio Rushmore, Johnho (70,000)
Record vs. Opponent: 2-2-0 7GF 3GA
Date Opponent Result Competition Location Venue Attendance
Sunday, December 11, 2039 Taeshan D 2-2 Copa Rushmori 28 Troubalose, Pasarga Fire Park 61,143
Saturday, October 19, 2041 Taeshan W 1-0 International Friendly Unknown, Taeshan Unknown Unknown
Saturday, November 9, 2041 Taeshan W 3-0 World Cup 81 Qualifying Johnho, Darmen Stadio Rushmore 70,000
Saturday, March 1, 2042 Taeshan D 1-1 World Cup 81 Qualifying Unknown, Taeshan Unknown Unknown
Record at Venue: 11-2-4 31GF 19GA
Saturday, September 29, 2029 The Sarian W 2-1 World Cup 75 Qualifying 27,550
Wednesday, March 18, 2037 Bonesea L 0-2 World Cup 77 Qualifying 69,287
Saturday, March 12, 2039 Mercedini W 3-2 World Cup 78 Qualifying 52,897
Saturday, February 11, 2040 Pasarga L 0-4 International Friendly 68,361
Wednesday, May 9, 2040 San José Guayabal L 0-1 World Cup 79 Qualifying 63,105
Saturday, December 15, 2040 South Toronto L 0-1 World Cup 80 Qualifying 58,366
Saturday, January 12, 2041 North Dajao W 3-0 World Cup 80 Qualifying 56,149
Saturday, February 9, 2041 Kita-Hinode D 0-0 World Cup 80 Qualifying 66,513
Saturday, February 16, 2041 Great Chota W 3-2 World Cup 80 Qualifying 62,639
Saturday, March 9, 2041 Main Nation Ministry W 1-0 World Cup 80 Qualifying 64,413
Saturday, April 20, 2041 Baker Park W 3-1 World Cup 80 Qualifying 42,243
Saturday, May 25, 2041 Newmanistan W 4-1 World Cup 80 Qualifying 66,089
Saturday, June 15, 2041 South Covello D 1-1 World Cup 80 Qualifying 69,450
Saturday, June 29, 2041 Coldfield W 1-0 World Cup 80 Qualifying 68,171
Wednesday, October 23, 2041 Damukuni W 3-2 International Friendly 63,130
Saturday, November 9, 2041 Taeshan W 3-0 World Cup 81 Qualifying 70,000
Saturday, June 7, 2042 Abanhfleft W 4-1 World Cup 81 Qualifying 70,000
Xander McDrew's Purple Knights will gear up for their fifth and sixth meetings against the All Greens in the modern-era, licking their lips as they seek to taste victory against the Darmeni's that has so far been elusive for the Taeshanis'. The Taeshanis are an experienced side, very similar in that respect to the All Greens; captain Janson Jewsbury has 125 caps but is still no where close to Miles Snavely's 205! The two teams will face off at Stadio Rushmore, Darmen's largest stadium. The All Green's are undefeated in the last eleven matches they played in Johnho.

MD14: vs. Gladom Newion (UR) @ Warren Park, Chuckio (35,000)
Record at Venue: 1-0-0 2GF 0GA
Saturday, May 24, 2042 Kwesiland W 2-0 World Cup 81 Qualifying 23,580
We're as clueless as you are. Darmen's biggest challenge will be to remember that this is a football match and goals need to be scored, you won't qualify to the Finals on your free styling ability. Nevertheless, expect the Darmeni's to goof off a bit in front of the crowd in Chuckio.

MD16: vs. Adab (94) @ Tyger Stadium, Darmen City (40,000)
Record at Venue: 4-1-0 14GF 5GA
Saturday, November 4, 2028 Republic of Alba W 1-0 Match for Democracy 39,000
Wednesday, May 20, 2037 Quakmybush D 2-2 World Cup 77 Qualifying 36,237
Saturday, February 19, 2039 St. Saratoga W 1-0 World Cup 78 Qualifying 29,349
Saturday, July 7, 2040 The Isles of Avon W 5-0 World Cup 79 Qualifying 30,776
Saturday, March 22, 2042 Freeport W 5-3 World Cup 81 Qualifying 21,702
Adab finished last in their Independents Cup group, and last in their Cup of Harmony group before that, but their a young team with a bright future ahead of them. They've raced up the rankings to 94th place, but as of late their momentum has stalled. If they can recapture their momentum in the early stages of the qualifiers, their matchup with the All Greens could turn into a stumbling block for the Darmenis.

MD17: vs. Cobrio (115) @ Kalenda Stadium, Rogerton (45,000)
Record at Venue: 1-1-0 5GF 3GA
Saturday, March 31, 2029 Holy Philippine Empire D 1-1 World Cup 75 Qualifying 25,829
Saturday, January 4, 2042 St. Saratoga W 4-2 World Cup 81 Qualifying 28,452
Cobrio is still in the early stages of its independence from Osarius, but the Osarian influence is still evident in the team's use of the "Osarian 4-3-3" formation. The Panthers are young and they lack the ability to take complete control of a match like the Darmenis can. Babatunde Warrington is the team's best player and top goal scorer, and Darmen's back three will need to neutralize him.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

New and Improved Peru
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New and Improved Peru » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:58 pm

The New and Improved national football team was training their hearts out preparing for the World Cup qualifiers, but since they were new, the international sporting community did not expect much from them. Nobody outside Peru had much faith in the "improved" part of the name. Inside Peru, the people believed that anything was possible. They already had any number of wonderful things that the rest of the world said were impossible, so why couldn't they also have a world-class football team?

They were up against some tough competition, though. They had been drawn into group 1, which appeared to be one of the toughest qualifying groups. Brenecia, Banija, and Eshan were said to be among the best teams in the world, and Xanneria had just won the Baptism of Fire. But the Peruvians were not going to let that put a damper on their spirits. They were going play hard, party hard if they won, and make things exciting regardless of the outcome.

Across the nation, thousands of fans -- human, robot, and cybernetic animals alike -- were buying game tickets and making travel plans to cheer on the team. Some that were planning to travel abroad adapted to foreign customs and packed ordinary clothes, but most were planning to bring the festive spirit of a Peruvian carnival everywhere they went. There was never a wrong place for flamboyant dancing costumes, cheerful music, and noisy cheers!
Headlines from my nation: "New and Improved Parents Concerned About Youth Employment"

Alluersia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alluersia » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:21 pm

*ticking of a clock in the background*

President Adam Haggard, a old man of nearly eighty-seven sat before a room full of his staff and cabinet ministers in a grand hall in Je'Kara, the capital city of Alluersia. Before he spoke he flipped through the papers he had in his hand once more before clearing his glasses. Clearing his throat, "Ladies... gentlemen..before you today are the papers that I shall sign that at long last will declare to the region and the world that the semi-autonomous state of Alluersia shall henceforth be it's own independent and sovereign state free of any and all contort of West Guiana. I know we have tired this once before, as the republic of Southern Legalese, but this time shall be different, this time we will force the brutes hand and show the world of how ill they have treated our people."

His ministers give a tense clap before allowing the old president time to gather the pens.

Holding a pen in the air, "With this pen I shall declare that the REPUBLIC! Of Alluersia to be a free and independent nation of it's own and this time we'll be ready when De'Cader sends in the troops, because we will be united as one, not as many.

When in due course of human events it becomes necessary for one people of a different ethnic background to separate from the country to whom many were born of and loyal to, to a extent. We the people of the [nation=short]New West Guiana[/nation]n autonomous state of Alluersia have found that in recent years that the policies of the Guianan President, Louis De'Cader and the National Congress have in fact become hostile towards the people and government of Alluersia.

We are well aware of the events of the 1980-83 war and the peace treaty that ended the conflict and reduced the previously limited powers of the Alluersian government. However we must remind the Guianan government of Section ten of the said treaty which stated that either party may re-adopt the treaty with further adaptations with-in thirty years of it's signing.

In 2012 the government of Alluersia re-aopted the 1983 Treaty with the amendments stating that if no objections from the Guianan government with in ten years of our re-adoption, that the Alluerisan government may declare itself a independent sovereign state. It has now been eleven years of the re-adaptation with no further objections by the Guianan government.

It is thus so that with super majority approval of the Alluerisan government and the citizens of Alluersia, that we shall mark the date, February 2, 2023 as the date in which Alluerisa shall begin the partitioning of our autonomous state into a fully fledged fully sovereign independent state.

With this, we ask for the government of [nation=short]New West Guiana[/nation] to recognize us as our own independent state, along with the various nations of the Atlantian Oceania.
Last edited by Alluersia on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:39 am

Hearts of Vice

Chapter 2: Work It

Some bitch with a red wagon thinks she knows me. Do you believe that? I didn't what her problem was. She was some fortune teller con artist from the looks of it. Cold reading me like some gossip journalist. I went to the gym, still trying my best to feel like a bitch. And that was when I met her. She was... She was.. Ah, fuck it.

Charlie had already put her belongings in the flat that her friends were letting her stay in. Sleeping on the couch wasn't comfortable, but she couldn't just act like a NEET. At a building that was found in certain sectors in Main Nation Ministry was the Ministry of Labor Job Center, which duty was to assign jobs to the ones who needed extra money. Nevertheless, if you weren't contributing to the nation or were in low income, you were practically dragged here so they gave you a job with no questions asked, or else. Charlie went up to the front desk, where she had to show the receptionist her mark on her wrist to show she was a demon. "You wish to take one of our new programs? We're setting it up for people like you." the receptionist offered. "Not yet. If it's necessary. You got any jobs that would give me a good outcome?" Charlie asked. "I recommend you start making a resume. Showcase your skills and we can send it to some people who are in need of clothing."

Charlie wanted to fit in. Even though, she already looked somewhat presentable, she borrowed some money from Alistair at the flat, a demon who was trying to get a job in making audio books of pro-Leader propaganda and selling them to people. Heading over to a clothing store, where one guy was trying to clean a display window with a hose, she went looking for some clothing to look good for an interview. Even though, she spent about half of the chips that Alistair gave her, she spent it on some tacky business dress. It felt right to Charlie, though. Maybe this would help. However, the moment she walked out of the store, the guy with the hose was trying to shoo away from pigeons from letting white specks on the awning, where he let the hose in the hand be pointed away from the window and was pouring water straight at Charlie, to her surprise and horror.

When the guy noticed, he ran up to her to apologize. "Are you ok?! I'm sorry, miss! Those damn birds weren't going to tarnish this government-owned establishment! No sir!" the man happened to be a patriot, explaining his reason. "I...What am I going to do.." Charlie said, almost speechless, where part of her wanted to smile at what happened, seeing how the water was almost scalding when it was on her. In the end, she was forced to reveal what happened to her new clothes, though Alistair couldn't help, but laugh at her misery. "S-sorry! He-he. I still have that side of me that enjoys a little sadism once and a while."

Charlie did manage to get a job, after getting on the program the receptionist mentioned back at the job center. It was mainly acting as a beta-testing for some lower divisions of the Ministry of Science, that weren't about explosions, mad science and time travel. Wearing some tech that measures your heart-rate and how much calories you were burning, Charlie's job was to basically test how durable the tech was, without smashing it on the ground. Charlie herself was stronger than she looked. She can easily lift some weights without needing to go in her demon form. Many demons back in Hell knew what she looked like as a demon, but no one had a clue in the surface world. Checking in at the front desk of the gym, Charlie began work by lifting a barbell with both of her hands wearing her regular casual outfit.

Look, I'm sorry I left you here. I gotten frustrated. The reason I left was I didn't really want to admit some stuff. That witch girl probably thought that I was dating a member of my own band that would drive my fans bonkers. The truth is rather different. Of course, she could have been talking about this also. You think for someone like me, I'm making the mess of some guy's face in the green room. The truth is... I consider myself different.

I see myself attracted to women around my age. I know it doesn't seem like an issue, at first, but I'm private about it. The nation doesn't really give a shit if you're gay. They mainly focus on killing off the rights of privacy, instead. This wouldn't be a problem with me, if most of my songs weren't written to be basic love letters to some hot spud in the audience. There is a lot of fangirls that are interested in my music, but I was trying to get some fanboys also. People like to ask me how old I am, since I look a little like a teenager. Truth is, I'm actually 20. 2 years pass graduation. Most people in the genre I do aren't probably the age of actual teenagers, but they still look young enough to earn the kids charm.

So you're probably wondering who I meet in the gym, where I was planning on nearly passing out on an exercise bike, just to get my body full of energy? Well, I was chugging some green juice in my tracksuit, where I gotten a bit bored and was focusing on the party tonight. People around the neighborhood, along with some of my fans, were probably going to come. And they probably wanted me to sing a song or two, just to get people's hopes up for their sports teams that wouldn't make it in the finals. My mind was going places, where I decided to look around wandering if there was someone that was feeling hopeless like me. There was the optional sweaty wannabes that wanted to get exposure, so the Ministry of Sports can take notice of them. Eh, pathetic. The chick at the front desk looked a bit hot, but she was probably waiting till it was closing time.

And then I saw her. Lifting a barbell like she was a bodybuilder, though she didn't look like one. Yet, she looked actually happy. And that body! Those curves she had. They fit like the type that I would like to feel. You probably think I'm more attracted to those female weight-lifters in the Olympics, you're technically correct. Though as I noticed her, she happened to notice me also. I was acting like a creep admiring her, but she probably knew that people were surprised at what she can do. In response, she shown a smile. It actually warmed my own heart. I actually liked to see her happy.

After that happened, I felt extremely embarrassed. After I finished up like routine, I just left. I didn't ask her, how much she looked badass in that outfit of hers, I just wanted to get the party over with. It was going to be a long night, anyways.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:41 am

Princess Cassie (naked) and Princess Chloe (naked) at Dazza Dallas Stadium

Cassie: This is Princess Cassie for Naked News Jeruselem. My sister Princess Chloe is here, which means one thing. It's World Cup time, edition 82 or LXXXII if you prefer your roman numerals.
Chloe: I'm Princess Chloe, you know her sister and the former Jeruselem World cup team coach. I've retired from football but not life. There's always life, somewhere.
Cassie: Well, we got placed in Group 4 or IV in roman numerals. We got 10 teams in there including us.
Chloe: Yes, it's going be a long campaign. Well, not for me.
Cassie: The new coach is Kaz Sallad, who happens to be relative of ours. She's going be in charge.

Chloe: I'm just a professional baby sitter these days
Cassie: Let's discuss group 4. Top seed in the group is Barunia, 16th seed. We don't need discuss about them much.
Chloe: Yes, they've been around and shown how good they are so they deserve to be top seed here.
Cassie: Nova Anglicana, 30th seed. Us, 41st. Yes, we're still top 50. Main Nation Ministry, 56th. That's the top 4 teams. All known quantities, as we've met them in some stage in the past. It's the other 6 teams that are interesting.
Chloe: The other top 100 team is Vakolicci Haven and Celeria, 82th. No idea. They got a really long name.
Cassie: Well, Zwangzug ranked 159th are back. Well, they aren't back to their best at that rank but they are back.
Chloe: Libera Populum, ranked 298 and unranked Gor Kebab. No idea about them as well.

Cassie: Joshenia, ranked 142 and Antahbrantahstan ranked 273.
Chloe: So we got no idea about half the teams in the group. Mainly because they are low ranked teams we've never met before.
Cassie: So what do expect, it's gonna be tough given how close the teams between the next best 3 after Barunia/
Chloe: Yes, but we're here and we're not going away.
Cassie: The team, you may note 3 Dallas members in there. Two non-royal. Kaz Sallad is a Dallas but not officially ... the main note is the son of Chloe.
Chloe: Actually, it's good. I don't have babysit him for the entire world cup.

Cassie: Just to note the Katya Dallas in the team is not Princess Katya Dallas, or my daughter. My daughter is much younger.
Chloe: Princess Katya seems to be more interested in Tennis
Cassie: She's a lot better than me, I'm not the most coordinated person round here.
Chloe: That's why you're not in any football team
Cassie: Prince Hamish. What does your son bring to the team?
Chloe: I wouldn't call him reliable, he's a bit unpredictable. I can say this shit, I'm his mother.

Cassie: Phsyically, he's tall and strong. Doesn't have fucked up knees like we do, and quite fit.
Chloe: But he's got my temper without my discipline. Makes him a bit unpredictable how he plays, he can make some stupid decisions.
Cassie: Makes him a dangerous opponent as you can't pick what he might do
Chloe: Also means they can try to bait him to make him lose his temper
Cassie: So where does this lack of self control come from?
Chloe: Not me, his Dad. When you're young, you don't know how to handle yourself as you don't have the wisdom of the elders.

Cassie: You think this will be good from him
Chloe: I hope so, his league record isn't the best. Gets sent off a lot, just for being smartass.
Cassie: Any other playes to note in the team
Chloe: Another striker, Lady Dada. Well, on the field she may not look much different. But some may realise she looks like a stripper, she is ... she's won stripper of the year once.
Cassie: Means she's flexible, very flexible.
Chloe: She can do things, some striker dare not try. She doesn't fear vertical heights.

Cassie: A lot of players like to stay on the ground
Chloe: When you work a stripper pole. you lose the fear of heights.
Cassie: I'm too clumsy for that.
Chloe: I'm getting to old for that.
Cassie: It was International Women's Day yesterday, we saw women on the streets yesterday.
Chloe: No problem with female representation on our national team

Cassie: Of course, Naked News Jeruselem supports the day too. Mainly because it's mostly female round here.
Chloe: Except not the camera people
Cassie: That's because the studio cameras are bloody heavy
Chloe: Yeah, bigger than us small girls. We're not particuarly large.
Cassie: That's it from us, World Cup coverage starts now. I'll be covering the games or sometimes she might turn up at home games.
Chloe: Support the team, go Princesses. The team that is.

OOC

Group 4
Zwangzug (159)
Libera Populum (298)
Gor Kebab (UR)
Vakolicci Haven and Celeria (82)
Nova Anglicana (30)
Barunia (16)
Joshenia (142)
Jeruselem (41)
Main Nation Ministry (56)
Antahbrantahstan (273)
Last edited by Jeruselem on Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:32 am

Stadiums and tactical notes

The Dragonflies have been drawn into Group 5, alongside some nations we've faced before and some new ones. We also have the opportunity to take the Test cricket season into the World Cup as we're in one group with Damukuni, Siovanija and Teusland, and Ethane. All things considered, this group is full of nations that are working on their squads a lot and it feels like every team is far stronger than they were last World Cup.

We will be playing 18 games to decide who goes to the World Cup, and the KFA has released an early indication as to where our nine home games will be played. Only stadiums used in the Ko-orenite Top League will be used, keeping every game neatly in soccer territory. At this point we are not sure yet which teams we will face on what matchday, but here is the list of opponents and the corresponding home arena:

Damukuni (39) - Orange Bowl (54.000), Schemerdrecht SVV
Freeport (100) - Estádio Fortaleza (29.000), Miradela GD
Holy Marsh (339) - Spider Stadium (21.000), Advance Alara
Ko-oren (23)
Siovanija and Teusland (76) - Rikalathen Arena (39.000), Maethoru SC
Euran Oceania Territories (116) - Suzumebachi Stadium (25.000), Katashi-Kanatsu
Libonesia (288) - Armskirk Municipal Ground (26.000), Maynard AFC
Ethane (8) - Stade sur la Baie (70.000), Aminey SC
Spokane (UR) - Hazel Arena (18.500), Straudum
Bongo Johnson (156) - Stade Amandine (30.000), Tanques AOÉ

To foreign fans, the name of the stadium might not convey too much other than the number of seats. However, the team that normally plays there might invoke just a bit more. Freeport will visit Miradela's home, Ko-oren's most recent champion. Damukuni will go to Schemerdrecht, the unofficial capital of the North and a stadium of which the team somehow always manages to finish in the top 6. Siovanija and Teusland will visit Maethoru, home to Ko-oren's most successful club team. Holy Marsh will play in Spider Stadium which is primarily a rugby league ground - Advance Alara are seen as 'guests' here. Libonesia will go to Maynard, a game that is guaranteed to sell out and then some as it's nearby the two largest cities of Ko-oren, Willowbourne and Greencaster, while those cities don't have a professional soccer side. It'll be packed, and there will be fans who don't have a ticket and hope to catch the game on a big screen in town. Ethane will get the largest arena of the archipelago to match their top-10 status, the Stade sur la Baie has been used in the past to host Champions' Bowl and IRLCC finals in gridiron and rugby league. Spokane will go to the second-smallest ground in the Top League so every region in the country will have a game. The Euran AO territories (their best territories) will visit Katashi, the unofficial capital of the East, and the closest thing we have to a foreign country within our borders. Bongo Johnson, whom we mostly remember from various World Bowls, will go to the Amandine, a region in south-central Ko-oren. This one is interesting: the Top League is spread out across the archipelago but there are still three teams located around the national park. The other two cities have been snubbed (Cirelbourne and Bruncester), definitely fueling concerns that sports boards, as well as the government, are overlooking the region. While Tanques doesn't really feel overlooked, the other two cities definitely do and there might be some actions around this match to reflect those feelings.

Debuted and perfected by the under-18s, the Dragonflies will use a new version of the tried-and-tested 5-3-2. There are no changes to the base formation, but there will be differences in the attacking structure.

One player in the back five will be allowed to go on ahead and be the extra man in midfield or attack. It should create a lot of confusion in the opposing defence - who will be the extra man and what role will they take?

Here are the options trialled in the U18s:

1) Fullback as a winger
This option is a very offensive option, giving you a '2-2' midfield: the playmaker and DM at the back, and the fullback and the AM in the front. The latter pair will go out wide, and this works especially well with two pure finishers up front. We've seen that leftback Borggreve, with his speed, is a much better option than the defensive rightback Aki.

2) Fullback as a defensive/central midfielder
This option can look a lot like the first one, so the opponent might not always figure out what happens. If so, that's one battle won. Secondly, it frees up the playmaker to join the attacking midfielder. Again, you're looking at a 2-2 midfield. Especially if the defence is more fragile in the centre of the field, this is better as the playmaker can give precise passes right in the heart of the defence.

3) Centreback as a defensive midfielder
This one is an easy one, where one of the three centrebacks moves ahead some 5-10 metres while in possession, to join a 2-1-1 or 2-2 midfield. Much like option 2, this gives a lot more firepower in the centre of the field. Again, like option 2, it works well with one finisher and one assist specialist up front, so you effectively have three creative players serving one finisher, backed up by two defensive midfielders and a full four-man defence. As an added bonus, this option doesn't leave you short-handed on the wings, if there's a chance for a counterattack.

4) Centreback as a playmaker
In this option, you play with a 1-2-1 midfield, the centreback moving up 10-20 metres. There still is a 4-man defence, with a defensive midfielder in front of it. Defensively, this is a great option while still giving you a surprise option in possession - nobody is going to guess a CB can operate as a central midfielder. However, the skill set needed for this is insane: a good defensive option for a CB that has great passing ability. If this is present (and you can field this, with three CBs), this is a great surprise!

5) DM drops back, two fullbacks advance
This is a great option if you're not up against a quick team. This gets you three CBs and a DM at the back - not often an agile combination - but gives you immense speed and potential of a counterattack in return. Two wingers, a playmaker and an attacking midfielder are more than enough to serve two finishers up front. It's a great idea, but with great power comes great responsibility: it leaves a huge gap between defence and midfield, it leaves you with a slow back line, and it leaves the wings open. Offensively, this is the best opportunity to score.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

South Covello
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Covello » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:57 am

Carter Redwin Declares for Presidency

In a firey speech, much-hated and forgotten candidate from the first presidential election in our nation's history, Carter Redwin, became the first candidate to publicly declare their intention to challenge David Hale for the presidency next year. Redwin, widely regarded as a racist, xenophobic, totalitarian dictator in the making continued to tout his non-existent friendship with Echani president Revan Bernat, repeated his false claims that Bernat has endorsed him, and continued to espouse his hateful views. However, so far he has not hired an actor to portray Bernat and give a video endorsement as he did the first time around. He did claim once more that he is running on a platform to "Make South Covello Great Again" and even passed out hats with that awful slogan. A full transcript of his speech follows this article.

Incumbent President David Hale denounced Redwin, calling him an "awful hate-filled man" who "only serves to disgrace this country." However, he also added "I am confident that Mr. Redwin's candidacy will not get any further than the few dozen or so votes he got last time." Redwin rejected this, pointing out that "Thousands of people were at my speech" despite the clear fact that video of the speech only shows about 50 people attending, many of which were counterprotestors. Redwin, for his part, referred to Hale as "Baby Davey" and "two years old" during his speech, attacking the president's youth. Hale declined to comment on these insults, saying he wasn't going to dignify them with a response.

We've seen the rise of tyrants in recent years in other countries such as the Free Republics. Let us hope that our country is not heading back down the same path.

Transcript of Carter Redwin's Speech

"Good afternoon everybody! Are you ready to make South Covello Great Again? Well, I am, and together we can! We can return South Covello to to its glory days of a decade earlier when men were men, women were women, and slaves were slaves! We will make South Covello white again, we will kick out all the foreign scum, and we will return to what made us great! I am Carter, I am great, and I will make South Covello great again! My friend Revan Bernat agrees, he endorsed me already and together we will unite the world and Multiverse in a bond of strength!

"If only all world leaders could be as great as Revan! However, there are some scum leaders who aren't even human, like in the Equestrian States, Eura's a piece of junk too, nobody likes any of those assclowns! But Saintland's great! That King Paulus knows how to control his people and make them do the greatness! So to King Paulus, we thank you! We are truly grateful for your service to a great nation and hope to be as great as you someday!

"Yes, together we will make South Covello return to its former glory, we will return the masses to where they belong, a position of greatness, and you, my loyal followers, to a position of power! We will make South Covello Great Again! We will make South Covello Strong Again! We will remind the world of my... of our greatness! And together, we will lead a country brave and powerful through the page of time!

"Now, let me address our current president, Baby Davey as I call him. He's what, two years old? Googoo Gaga does Baby Davey want a bottle? Because he won't get a bottle, he won't get anything except being ousted from office by me, the Great One! Good bye, Baby Davey, I think it's time to change your diaper! And speaking of change, we'll change our country from a weak one to a strong, powerful one! We will show the wld the awesome power of South Covello, the awesome power of us, our supporters, and the world will know my... our name! We will show the Multiverse who is in control, that it is us, we will be a nation great, powerful, and control!

"Are you ready to Make South Covello Great Again? Are you ready to restore the glory we once had? Because I am. And if you are too, then let's do this. Make South Covello Great Again!"
Last edited by South Covello on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:27 am

Some Thoughts on the World Cup Draw; Or: Paradise Deferr'd
By Isaac, Prince Imperial (Holy Empire Captain; World Cup 82)

Sing Heav’nly Muse, that on the secret top
Of Starblaydia, or of Audioslavia, didst inspire
That Vanorian, who first drew the chosen Seeds,
In the Beginning and thenceforth the World Cup draw
Rose out of Chaos:

Here I sit, to describe here Group Three
Rejecting mere metre and rhyme
To embrace blank verse as befits the greatest
Of epic prose, as us'ed by poets past;
Though some – most cru’ly claim that I am
So poor a poet that I know no other way.

Begin with Dritten Asopie
These feared Potato Wedges are by
Sarkandum Aelois led. Hath he gazed into the
Face of fear, knowing that Juan Tzimisces awaits?
And Eastfield Lodge, a great power once and
Celebrated among the footballing nations,
But now sadly reduced to second-best.
Will they shake within their football boots
When at the Imperial Hippodrome they play?

Who are Brusseldorf, this land unknown?
At the mercy of Margaret to gain results
These bottom-feeders shall surely be.
Yet not all opponents are teams most meek in will
And Acapais, perhaps, do fancy their chances
Of causing an upset that shall bring in the calls
That rubber chickens to Margaret shall be sacrific’d

There are those who claim that Santa Regada
Are a team without hope, a team that shall
Not challenge for the hop’d-for qualification
Yet is not World Cup history littered with upsets?
Hath not others found a path in circumstances dire?
Quakmybush is a name that rings through hist’ry,
Oft associated with the tag of ‘underachievers’.
Is this fair? Or shall history yet record that they
Might shake off the past and yet rise anew.

Qasden, that famous name, shall think that
They might challenge the great Tzimisces
And perhaps rise to seek automatic qualification.
But doth not nemesis follow hubris?
Libertas Omnium Mximus, at least, hath no illusions,
Least not because their name is impossible
To fit within the confines of poorly written epic verse.
While Sulsuland complete the list of no-hopers who
Shall quake and quail while facing the top seeds.

Which leaves at last the Holy Empire, those
Four-time champions who arose outside reality
And are not bound by time, nor tide, nor age.

So hear the words of dread Tzimisces:
The mind is its own place, and in it self
Can make a Heav’n of Hell, a Hell of Heav’n.
What matter where, if I be still the same,
And what I should be, all but less then he
Whom Thunder hath made greater? Here at least
We shall be free; th’ World Cup Committee hath not built
Here for their envy, will not drive us hence:
Here we may reign secure, and in my choyce
To reign is worth ambition though in one group:
Better to reign in Group Three, then serve in Heaven.
Last edited by Alasdair I Frosticus on Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:09 am

With thanks to the chatters on NSSport Discord for giving me this idea...

"Good morning! I'm Emmylou Brighton."

"And I'm Jaina McHammel, and this is the World Cup Qualifier broadcast. Well, it will be, once the qualifiers get underway, which they haven't quite yet."

"We're supposed to be going over the World Cup draw, but group four is boring, so let's talk about the multiverse theory."

"The what?"

"The theory that there are other planes of reality than the physical cosmos we know and inhabit."

"Oh. Wasn't that kind of validated by the 'tappers' controversy, and the later leaks during the Resistance campaign?"

"Was it?"

"You know, because reality just has too many countries to fit on one planet. Some of them are shifted relative to each other in the fourth dimension, certain people are more adept than others at navigating the transversals, but if you trust that your guide knows where you're going and don't overthink it, most people can follow along?"

"Oh. No, not that kind of multiverse, the kind of multiverse where every choice we make leads to parallel universes that contain mostly the same people but leading slightly altered lives."

"That seems kind of unparsimonious."

"As opposed to your nonsense!"

"I'm just saying, what would be the point of doing or achieving anything if it had already been done somewhere else? Or the good you do failed to percolate somewhere else?"

"Well, I think it would be cool if somewhere out there was a parallel reality where we'd been drawn against, I don't know, both Euras and Tinhampton in Group 4."

"That's kind of boring, surely, we could do better than that."

"Or where we'd forgotten to set a stadium for our home game against Main Nation Ministry--"

"That happened, it's this universe."

"So we'll just be playing them in a featureless void?"

"No, the national team boardroom e-mailed us five minutes later to be like 'we accidentally left it off your media guide, but it's totally gonna be in the Stelladome.'"

"Oh. Well, I'm just saying, it'd be neat."

"Neat? It'd be implausible."

"Maybe it's not every choice, just world-changing ones."

"Like the World Cup qualifiers draw?"

"And other things just fall into place as they need to happen. It's...procedurally generated, like SCQ: Superceleritas Quest."

"Oh, back to SCQ again with you, here we go--"

"Just because I got to interview Desmond McGowan and you didn't--"

"About football! We are a football show, we are supposed to talk about the qualifiers--"

"But they haven't started yet, you even admitted it yourself--"

"Ah, bleep this."
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Kavagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2017

Postby Kavagrad » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:57 am

The Kavagrad Worker
Kavagrad's Most Trusted Daily Political Leaflet Since 1961

President Alexander ousted in legislative coup!

The Calm before the Storm: Loyalist KSPF MPs sitting in Parliament before No-Confidence MPs arrive to demand vote

President Micheal Alexander was toppled from his post today, after a no-confidence vote against him, tabled by Eleana Miller, a Green-Reform MP, finished 122-74 in opposition to the President, with 4 abstentions. This comes less than a month after the governing Kavagrad Socialist People's Front (KSPF) was divided by President Alexander's "New Property Act", which would have given landlords the right to begin buying up unoccupied state-owned housing.

Under typical circumstances, a no-confidence vote would never defeat a KSPF government, which has maintained at least 110 of Parliament's 200 seats since Kavagrad's first Parliamentary election in 1963, and which currently hold 125 seats. However, the New Property Act (NPA), when proposed on February 22nd, angered party hardliners who thought that Alexander was taking a step towards ending socialism in Kavagrad. KSPF MP George Gregory went on KTV2's Questions of Today just 3 days later, to demand that Alexander denounced the bill and removed it from the Parliamentary schedule. Gregory also heavily implied that as many as 50 KSPF MPs would oppose the President if necessary, to stop the bill. Alexander would refuse to drop the bill, instead arguing that the potential rebel MPs could "come whenever they like" to try and stop the bill, which also had the backing of the Liberal Communist Party (LCP) and the Real Freedom Front (RFF), who hold 34 seats between them, enough to pass the bill even with the internal party strife. President Alexander proceeded to announce that the bill would be voted on in Parliament on March 10th.

However, this morning, Parliament sat noticeably sparsely upon the opening of proceedings at 9am, with only 74 MPs sitting for roll call at the beginning of the session. At 9:32, the moment came, as the President was speaking. A long line of MPs, led by George Gregory, entered the chamber, registering themselves as present with the record-keeper one-by-one until the chamber was full, and all had taken their seats. The President, perhaps in a bid to lighten up the situation, invited Gregory to speak, but when Gregory stood, he would refuse to return any time to the President. Gregory spoke for 15 minutes, arguing that Alexander's Presidency was due an end, and, to the horror of Alexander, called for a vote of no confidence, which was immediately granted by the Speaker.

President Alexander's loss in the vote officially ended the tenure of a three-term President that has served since 2007. The 56-year old, now stripped of his leadership of the KSPF, must fight both a leadership election within the party, and then a general election, scheduled for March 20th, if he wishes to regain his position. The general election is expected to end in favour of the KSPF no matter what, as the party itself polled at 70% just days before the NPA was brought forward. However, there are already rumours of a line of candidates preparing to oust him in the party elections, scheduled for March 13th. The vast majority of candidates are expected to announce tomorrow.
"Kava where are you? We need a purge specialist" - Dyl
"You'll always be a Feral Rat in my heart, Kava" - Podria
"It’s no fun being anti-Kava when he hates himself too" - Greylyn
Decorative Rubble Enthusiast

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:01 pm

SANG KYUNG-JA
"For my own sake" says Sang Kyung-Ja, Kanshiro's favorite daughter retires
KYAN-DAEHUU, METROPOLITAN REGION OF KANSHIRO CITY -
After suffering her fifth concussion, one of the Hinodejin Empire's best players has decided to call it quits. Sang Kyung-Ja, former bearer of all of the Empire's hopes in the great international football field has decided to hang her boots at the mere age of twenty-six. Her official words, as delivered to the media were as follows, "My family and I gathered in the past couple of days to discuss what would be the best path to take and I honestly don't think my mind can cope with the stress of football, not to mention the rise of risks to my own health, were I to continue playing. It's with a tear in my eye that I decide to finish my career here. For my own sake."

Born at Minameshi, Minakoku; Sang Kyung-Ja is the youngest of three sisters, the only member of the family to even consider playing professional football. According to herself, her passion for the sport came when the family moved to Kanshiro for work reasons and she managed to catch a game featuring the local side, Kanshiro Lopunnies, her favourite team. Largely, by her own admission, not a very focused student, she enrolled at the field of Chemistry at Mido-Hinode University, although her main focus was towards helping to revive that school's long-dormant football team. Her debut in the international scene came as a bit of a shocker when she played for the surprise Northern Sunrise Islands' team that went on to win the Di Bradini Cup 41. To cap it all off, she went on to win her first professional match against the team invited for the Mido-Hinodejin Goodwill Festival for Swedish Widows, beating one Litten Ikki by three to nil.

Kyung-Ja went on to be signed by her favourite team as soon as she was done with her university obligations, joining them on a free. The girl stepped up to be the team's main player, clawing through competition with little trouble as her skills became even more notorious. Even then, Kyung-Ja's frustration of never really being able to win anything after that became more and more notorious. Things calmed down once she led the Poltergeists to a Campionato Esportiva win, the nation's first as either the Hinodejin Empire, the Arceusian Republics of both Northern and Southern Sunrise or even the Relaxed Kingdom of Matthewsiania. But then, the first shock came one of five concussions that now cut her career short. Still, the woman can claim a myriad of titles, such as the Di Bradini Cup, the Campionato Esportiva, the KiHi-LEAGUE and most recently, the Traveller's Trophy.

A fervorous anti-cyberization person, Kyung-Ja refused several offers to turn her into a cyborg that should, possibly, allow her to return to the game. Her team, the Kanshiro Lopunnies, have declared on the media not too long after that they were saddened by her retirement but understood her reasoning and wish her the best in her future endeavours. For the future, Kyung-Ja has admitted a lack of any plans, though she does intend to work towards a somewhat normal life. "Possibly start a family, get a job as a Chemist or something... I just don't think this is the time to really think about it, I still need to recover fully from that last concussion and I honestly don't feel like thinking about it right now."

SHAOLIN SAITAMA
"Financial burdens" cause Shaolin Saitama to finish operations
SAITAMA -
Debuting in 2115, Shaolin Saitama's first match in the Central Hinode League meant several things. For one, it was the first team in the history of the Hinodejin professional pyramid to actually not be professional in the slightest, fielding local Shaolin monks to play for the club instead of actually hiring players on wages. Their presence on that league was considered an odd sight, vitriol being hurled at them for their first match against then regulars at the Central Hinode League Kaimei North Boys. That lasted for about ten minutes before Shaolin Saitama showed they were, indeed, not to be taken lightly. The team smashed their opponents by five to nil and went on to win the league in their second season, obtaining promotion to the Hinodejin Advance League.

Their rise was meteoric, going through the Advance League, the Challenge League, the KiHi-League 5, the KiHi-League 4 and the KiHi-League 3 with the ease of a balloon rising through the skies, winning silverware at each division on consecutive seasons. It's a rise that has simply not been matched by any current team. Even if some might have managed to get promoted on consecutive years before or since, nobody has managed to win every single division besides the top two like that, only the Shaolin. The team's fortune was that their pool of players was large enough and they were often able to juggle their roster throughout the seasons, as monks chose to return momentarily to their duties for months. Alas, their shtick was eventually figured out by top teams and the Shaolin found themselves with runs that were determined by the luck of the draw while the team mostly floated economically thanks to the support of local businesses.

The day has finally come, however, for the team to properly cease operations. "We do not wish to draw away interest from fellow local team Reaper Kamandu," said Headmaster Monk Brother Jong to the local media as he relayed the news, "Shaolin Saitama was a team organized to get the word out there that Kung Fu is a healthy past time and an overall solid path to tired minds, wrecked bodies and poor souls. We believe our target was achieved and thus politely bow out of operations." Brother Jong's two-hour media meeting showed to be pretty unique as Jong, one of the monks most enamoured with the idea of Shaolin Soccer, the brand of football that the team employed, described every single possible bit of information about the team. "We'd like to note that our team wasn't supposed to be some sort of secret cult. We wanted Shaolin to be popular again, not to mention to give our monks something to do in the off time that wasn't just breaking bricks again."

The Monasteries' Council and the Imperial Hinodejin Football Association have determined that their spot in the top tier should be taken by a brand new team out of Misei City, the Empire's sole province in the realm occupied by the other nations. "Misei businessmen have been very important to sustain our monasteries, not to mention the creation of monasteries at that province, in order to enhance Shaolin popularity across the multiverse. We're not sure if it's fair to give our spot in the league to a totally new team instead of allowing, but we do believe it's the best for the sport." The new Misei City-based team still has to pronounce itself though some believe that their first act is to release a poll over the team's name and identity.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Oberour Ar Moro
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Margin of Error, Part One

Postby Oberour Ar Moro » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm

Sent: January 30, 1762 at 2:47 PM
To: Fact Checkers
Cc: Théliau D'Ayre
Subject: Article to be assigned

Good afternoon everyone,

We have a challenging article that needs to be fact-checked, and fact-checked throughly. Who would like to take this on?

Guillemecte de Cante-Pre, Sub-Editor
I N I T R E magazine

Sent: January 30, 1762 at 2:52 PM
To: Guillemecte de Cante-Pre; Fact Checkers
Subject: RE: Article to be assigned

Ms. de Cante-Pre

I'd like the opprtunity. What's the piece?

Yours Truly,

Brianne Talbourdet
Intern at Intitre Magazine
8 Rue de Immarcescible, Suite 702, Regium 773007
Office Number: 43 28 97 246, ext. 7187
E-mail: btalbourdet@intitremagazine.oam

Sent: January 30, 1762 at 3:16 PM
To: Brianne Talbourdet
Subject: RE: RE: Article to be assigned

Seven years ago Sieg d'Ableges was given an assignment by Vainqueur Magazine to coverthe Oberour Ar Moro national team as they tried to qualify for World Cup 82. The piece was turned in was an essay focused on the Parade Grounds, the national football stadium. Vainqueur turned it down, and later Regium Magazine considered publishing it before saying no. If you know d'Ableges you know he can take his fair share of liberties with his work. The troubles with determining factuality kept Regium from taking the piece.

Avel de Chaillou has called d'Ableges one of Oberour Ar Moro's most significant living writers. But we will not bend our fact-check policies on his behalf.

I see you just started with us. If you take this up, you'll need to go through the entire piece, mark everything you can confirm, andmark whatever seems questionable. The editing staff will do the rest. Can you handle that?

Sent: January 30, 1762 at 3:17 PM
To: Guillemecte de Cante-Pre
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Article to be assigned

Ms. de Cante-Pre

Absolutely! You can count on me.

Yours Truly,

Brianne Talbourdet
Intern at Intitre Magazine
8 Rue de Immarcescible, Suite 702, Regium 773007
Office Number: 43 28 97 246, ext. 7187
E-mail: btalbourdet@intitremagazine.oam

Sent: January 30, 1762 at 3:43 PM
To: Brianne Talbourdet
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Article to be assigned
Attachment: dAbleges_Stadium_of_Leaves.oxt

I've attached the document above. Feel free to run any questions by me.

_The Dominion of_Oberour Ar Moro_

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Around twelve hours ago or so, a state called [nation=short]Alluersia[/nation] came forth to the world stage and proclaimed themselves to be a "fully fledged independent state". Claiming that the government of West Guiana has been hostile towards their semi-autonomy and their people. We the Government of West Guiana wishes the world to know that these claims are quite not true.

Yes, Alluersia has been a semi-autonomous state with-in West Guiana since 1977 with their government powers reduce in the 1983 Treaty, after their government, unprovoked took up arms against the ethnic Guianans with in their boarders, killing 4.5% of the ethnic minority, or 47,000 people. The bloody war lasted three and a half years, killing more than one hundred thousand people, many of them innocents that wanted nothing to do with the conflict. After the Alluerisans were defeated they signed the 1983 Treaty under the knowledge that they would remain a autonomous state, however with reduced government powers.

After the war, the West Guianan government chose not to strip the region of it's identity and strip it of its government, we chose the path towards greater cooperation and peace with the ethnic region. However this peace did not last, as the government of Alluersia chose to elect a radical as their President, Adam Haggord. Mr. Haggord would over the course of the next fifteen years implement a terrorist-tic addenda against the people and government of West Guiana. A agenda that during this time period saw countless lives lost due to Alluersian backed terrorist attacks. Over one hundred of these attacks took place, killing 278 people.

By 1999 Mr. Haggord finally stepped down from his position due to declining health and the people of Alluerisa chose the right path for the next ten years by electing a moderate president in William Harris. Mr. Harris was willing to move forward towards ending the conflict with our government by ending the terror cells, and turning over those aiding and abiding. Relations between Alluerisa and West Guiana began to normalize and the region was welcomed back into the fold. The various sports leagues of the nation started to open franchises with in Alluerisa, and Alluersian players become super stars through out the country. However this stable peace was not to last.

In the early morning hours of April 20, 2017, a task force of the Alluersian security force entered West Guiana with out prior permission from the Department of State. This task force consisting of lightly armed policemen, captured the small town of Dilson, Myto (population 1,400), when the city police chief investigated, this task force shot and killed him. They had taken down the flag of West Guiana and raised the Alluerisan flag, knowing their time was short they set fire to the city hall and vandalized a memorial to those killed during the 1980-83 war, before fleeing back into Alluersia.

While this task force was capturing Dilson, a large group of armed protesters in Hanover forcefully captured of WG Army outpost located in the city and killed the captured soldiers execution style. They then declared that Hanover was now free of West Guiana. However by that very evening our military rolled into the city and took back control.

This short history we have given shows that Alluerisa has been for far too long willing to take up terrorist-tic acts and support terrorism. Now, given the fact that they mentioned Section ten(article one) of the 83 Treaty, we would like to point out something they chose to ignore:

Should either signed party to this Treaty engage what either party would consider military acts against their government, Article One, Section Ten shall be rendered null and void, thus prohibiting the violating party to re-admen and re-adopt this treaty.

Before your eyes, the Government of West Guiana has laid out our case as to why we recommend no current sovereign state should recognize Alluerisa as one as well. Thus we are giving the Government of Alluersia seventy-two hours to redact their declaration. Should they choose to, the West Guianan government is willing to begin talks towards greater autonomy. Should they not, then West Guiana will preside over its authority to seal the boarder between Alluerisa and the rest of West Guiana, refusing to import or export any and all goods coming into or out of the region.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Kit Unveiling Causes Uproar

The Krytenian Football Association came under heavy criticism from fans last night after the official unveiling of the Dragons' kits for the next three World Cups. The designs themselves were not the problem - notably, there's a welcome return to the sky blue and white stripes - rather, it was the logo adorning them.

The unveiling began with a startling announcement; the KFA had dropped long-time kit suppliers JMC, an Emberton-based company of international renown, and had signed a lucrative ₳25m contract with Starblaydi outfitters Ediraf. To be fair to the new boys, the kits themselves are well-designed, with sleek lines on the home shirt and a mouthwatering mix of tangerine and navy on the change jerseys. Ediraf even made a point of revealing the kits in their AOCAF versions, with the star above the badge, to attempt to endear themselves to the Cyan Army faithful. That hasn't stopped a number of supporters feeling betrayed by the move, however.
ImageImageImage
The new Dragons' kits, as designed by ediraf of Starblaydia.

Several small fan groups have said that they intend on boycotting the new kits entirely, refusing to buy any national team merchandise until the KFA terminates their contract; a few have even gone further, withdrawing their memberships from the KFA's Official Cyan Army club, which offers first refusal tickets for national team games.

The KFA, meanwhile, are unrepentant, even claiming the move is a positive for Krytenian football. A spokesperson for the organisation said: "This move creates more revenue for the KFA, true, but that revenue has been earmarked for grassroots campaigns, improving community football facilities and funding coaching and refereeing courses at the entry level. This windfall will contribute directly to improving the game in the country from it's very foundations upwards. What we are doing, is taking Starblaydi money, and spending it on Krytenian football, so that next time and every time we play our rivals on the pitch, it will be cyan over violet, as it should be."

Rumours that jersey prices will start at ₳30 have, so far, proven unfounded.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Glittering new sports stadia to adorn every city and town?

Postby Beepee » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:18 pm

With another Beepeean election in the offing, the Beepeean Government has come under heavy criticism for its multi-billion shill promise to demolish and rebuild a number of football stadia around Beepee.

The 6.2billion shill pricetag for the stadia rebuild has been sharply criticised by opposition parties as a waste of money.

Franklin Madeir, leader of the Indigenous Representation Party stated that the rebuild programme highlighted the government’s priorities:

“This government is more interested in building stadiums than for putting money into schools and education or hospitals and health care. The government's priorities are all wrong.”

A recent poll for the Beepeean Broadcasting Corporation said the 52% of the electorate was opposed to the programme.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:39 pm

Time to Get Stuck In; WCQ begins for NT
Frank Armitage
The Mail on Sunday Chief Soccer Writer

The draw for the qualification tournament for World Cup 82 certainly was not the worst outcome that could've been expected.

Prior to the draw itself, the WCC released the updated rankings that set potential matchups; this edition of the WC, which will be co-hosted by Valanora, and Apox, has 150 entrants, which means there are 15 groups of 10 nations apiece. The Committee begins with 10 pots to draw from, each containing 15 sides in their ranking order. Although the Commonwealth dropped from 23rd to 26th, they still warranted a place among the second seeds. When the pots had all been depleted, Baker Park found itself in Group 9, along with 3rd ranked Nephara--a rare winner of all three major titles--and current holders of the Cup of Harmony, Tinhampton, currently ranked 37th.

Two other nations in the top 100--Nantians & Nosts (60) and Dreamplanet (92) also figure to put in a challenge. As the schedule has fallen into place, that quartet will be also the first four opponents in both halves of the qualifying round-robin.

National Team managers Pam Scott and Trevor Richmond will again head separate squads for matches, each divided relatively equally with projected starters and fringe squad hopefuls.

"There are some players who obviously aren't going to be called up for every match in the first part of qualifying", Richmond admitted ahead of the opening of training a couple of weeks ago. "We have more players who are abroad than we've had in other years, you can't keep dragging them here for a week just to get a run-out for 75 minutes if you know they aren't a question for the final pool."

After a busy several months of change at FAC Development Center in Charter Township, Richmond remarked upon how the National Team was at an evolutionary point. "In reorganizing the staff to get Pam & I out of the oversight of technical progress, we now can utilize the free hours on fine tuning tactics, approaching problems from different angles. We've expanded the responsibilities of some of our YDS coaches, so they feel more comfortable thinking critically, so they can slot into any kind of situations we might need them for."

Scott will take the Black squad on the road for the first fixture on the schedule, against the Nantians and Nephara will be the first visitor when they face Richmond's Gold squad at Sportsman's Park on matchday 2. There has been a recent influx of players from the Nepharim Premiership into BP, especially into the NSWL. Whether this will translate into a better understanding of the Esportivans' style of play remains to be seen.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports