NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Cormactopia Prime

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:47 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Jakker wrote:
Is there any actual proof that he was actually planning to coup the region? As far as I know, it was all speculatory.

Does it matter? :p

Uh, yeah, getting the facts right in a commendation kinda does matter?
Malphe Vytherov

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:23 am

Lord Dominator wrote:Care to elaborate?

At a guess? Euro doesn't much like Cormac, because Cormac has historically been critical of them, and they are really very petty. It's one of their more shit "qualities"

Cormac is ridiculous but also very much commendable so all of the support.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:52 am

Malphe wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Does it matter? :p

Uh, yeah, getting the facts right in a commendation kinda does matter?

Fair, but as I understand that whole situation was confusing anyways, so I don't think there is a straight answer.

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Malphe wrote:Uh, yeah, getting the facts right in a commendation kinda does matter?

Fair, but as I understand that whole situation was confusing anyways, so I don't think there is a straight answer.

If there isn't a straight answer then imo the proposal shouldn't try to present it like it has one. I don't know either way, that situation is a mystery to me, but if we don't know how it exactly went down we shouldn't pretend we do. n stuff
Malphe Vytherov

Democratic Republic Of Unified States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 27, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Democratic Republic Of Unified States » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:36 pm

#commendcormac

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:12 pm

The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:
Zaolat wrote:I'm not against this proposal by any means. But, let me point you to Xoriet's commend repeal thread argument about her being NPO, trounces all her good deeds. So yeah, Lanav has a point going by that standard.

It's valid, if you think that opposing the NPO is wrong. Most people don't think that, so it isn't really a convincing point.

Well, you're wrong.

By that logic, Cormac has been everyone's enemy and headache at some point, therefore he shouldn't get any C&C. Cormac has never been a saint and has created his fair share of trouble for himself and others. Though, his "bad" and his "good" is frankly enough to warrant both a Commendation and a Condemnation. Very few people truly deserve that, and he is one of them.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Zaolat wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:It's valid, if you think that opposing the NPO is wrong. Most people don't think that, so it isn't really a convincing point.

Well, you're wrong.

By that logic, Cormac has been everyone's enemy and headache at some point, therefore he shouldn't get any C&C. Cormac has never been a saint and has created his fair share of trouble for himself and others. Though, his "bad" and his "good" is frankly enough to warrant both a Commendation and a Condemnation. Very few people truly deserve that, and he is one of them.

"At some point" doesn't really matter. If you were to dislike Cormac right now, you wouldn't give him a commendation right now. Obviously you may be willing to give him one in the future, but why would you want to give him one right now?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:04 pm

Zaolat wrote:Well, you're wrong.

"At some point" doesn't really matter. If you were to dislike Cormac right now, you wouldn't give him a commendation right now. Obviously you may be willing to give him one in the future, but why would you want to give him one right now?

Because Zao evidently thinks that Cormac deserves one, as he indicated? :eyebrow:

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:33 am

I think the condemnation should come first, but realistically, as long as he gets both within a reasonable timeframe, I'm fine with whatever order.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:"At some point" doesn't really matter. If you were to dislike Cormac right now, you wouldn't give him a commendation right now. Obviously you may be willing to give him one in the future, but why would you want to give him one right now?

Because Zao evidently thinks that Cormac deserves one, as he indicated? :eyebrow:

So the SC is more of a Hall of Fame then of anything actually IC interesting. Got it.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:17 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Because Zao evidently thinks that Cormac deserves one, as he indicated? :eyebrow:

So the SC is more of a Hall of Fame then of anything actually IC interesting. Got it.

Not sure why you think those two states are not able to exist together.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:So the SC is more of a Hall of Fame then of anything actually IC interesting. Got it.

Not sure why you think those two states are not able to exist together.

Why would you do something against your IC interests in an IC setting?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Not sure why you think those two states are not able to exist together.

Because Gameplay and thus the SC has never had a great divide between IC/OOC, so no one really sees much of an IC interest most of the time.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:50 am

Lord Dominator wrote:Not sure why you think those two states are not able to exist together.

Because as many times as I felt opposed to Cormac there are times I felt in support. Again this goes in hand with me thinking he deserves both, but even if it was only opposition instead, he's done enough that it goes beyond the times when I'm his IC "enemy". Cormac is a very love him or hate him, and occasionally both love-hate. Many many people do not like him IC and many do like him IC. IC he's done things that are good for his communities, other communities, and the Gameplay meta as a whole, and on the reverse side he's instigated things people won't say was "good".

It may seem too OOC to you, but regardless of that, recognition should go where it's due. He's done plenty to warrant being commended and being condemned IC. So much so, he's one of the very few who's done so much IC that he deserves both. Sedge is the only other person to have held both and to be honest, sedge wasn't nearly as worthy to hold both. Cormac is. The only other person I can see as worthy of both off the top of my head as well, would be Unibot. For reasons, no one is going to go into detail over, that will not happen.
Last edited by Zaolat on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Victim of the Flag Thief

Zaolat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:36 pm

Tim, are you gonna do anything about this?
Victim of the Flag Thief

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council