NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft/Idea] WA Constitution/WA Reform

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Do you support the WA Constitution Resolution? (You can change your vote.)

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes : 51

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

[Draft/Idea] WA Constitution/WA Reform

Postby Republicanana » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:57 am

WHEREAS, GA #2 is repealed
WHEREAS, there is a major need for a replacement resolution in order to establish rules to the WA again
Hereby, the General Assembly ratifies and accepts this proposed WA Constitution
Article I. The Executive
1. An election will be held every year to name a WA President, which will oversee the enforcement of the resolutions passed by the GA, as well as condemnations, commendations, and liberations the SC will order.
2. Every WA President will be required to have a Vice-President to run with them in the case that they will have to fill that office in the case of a President's removal from office, removal from NS due to inactivity, or resignation
3. The WA President will be allowed to vote on, and propose bills just like any WA member.
4. The WA President can be impeached on the grounds of either a crime or interfering against the wishes of the entire WA by either not enforcing GA or SC action, or allowing for certain nations or regions not to follow GA or SC action.
Article II. The General Assembly
1. The General Assembly (GA) will maintain the same voting apparatus it has now, with every resolution being brought before the full GA in order to be voted on.
2. Members will be added to the process of determining which bills can be brought up to the floor of the GA. This will be due to the establishment of committees to have debate on these bills be extensive before bills hit the floor of the GA
3. The WA Secretariats will take applications and appoint members to the different committees in order to make sure that the best members are on the committee best suited to deal with the laws on that topic.
4. The Committees will be based on the Categories that members can make resolutions on now:
Advancement of Industry
Civil Rights
Education and Creativity
Environmental
Free Trade
Furtherment of Democracy
Global Disarmament
Health
International Security
Moral Decency
Political Stability
Regulation
Social Justice
5. The GA will have a recruitment arm in order to try to get new members to join the WA as part of a welcome telegram similar to what regions have when a nation is founded or refounded.
6. As with actions that SC takes, the resolutions being taken up will come into effect for the entirely of NS, not just WA nations, as WA actions will become the main body for international law.
Article III. Security Council
1. The Security Council (SC) will maintain the majority of the powers it has now, with voting on commendation, condemnation, and liberation resolutions.
2. The Security Council will now have four committees:
Condemnation
Commendation
Liberation
Armed Forces
3. As with the process for establishing committees for the GA, the WA Secretariat will take applications and appoint members to those committees
4. The SC will establish an army in order to both fulfill liberation resolutions and stop any raiders throughout of NS.
5. This army can work in conjunction with regional armies.

PLEASE SUGGEST AMENDMENTS TO THIS RESOLUTION IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT.
Last edited by Republicanana on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:59 am

OOC: Illegal for game mechanics and metagaming. This proposal is irretrievably illegal!
Republicanana wrote:WHEREAS, GA #2 is repealed
WHEREAS, there is a major need for a replacement resolution in order to establish rules to the WA again
Hereby, the General Assembly ratifies and accepts this proposed WA Constitution
Article I. The Executive
1. An election will be held every year to name a WA President, which will oversee the enforcement of the resolutions passed by the GA, as well as condemnations, commendations, and liberations the SC will order.
2. Every WA President will be required to have a Vice-President to run with them in the case that they will have to fill that office in the case of a President's removal from office, removal from NS due to inactivity, or resignation
3. The WA President will be allowed to vote on, and propose bills just like any WA member.
4. The WA President can be impeached on the grounds of either a crime or interfering against the wishes of the entire WA by either not enforcing GA or SC action, or allowing for certain nations or regions not to follow GA or SC action.
Article II. The General Assembly
1. The General Assembly (GA) will maintain the same voting apparatus it has now, with every resolution being brought before the full GA in order to be voted on.
2. Members will be added to the process of determining which bills can be brought up to the floor of the GA. This will be due to the establishment of committees to have debate on these bills be extensive before bills hit the floor of the GA
3. The WA Secretariats will take applications and appoint members to the different committees in order to make sure that the best members are on the committee best suited to deal with the laws on that topic.
4. The Committees will be based on the Categories that members can make resolutions on now:
Advancement of Industry
Civil Rights
Education and Creativity
Environmental
Free Trade
Furtherment of Democracy
Global Disarmament
Health
International Security
Moral Decency
Political Stability
Regulation
Social Justice
5. The GA will have a recruitment arm in order to try to get new members to join the WA as part of a welcome telegram similar to what regions have when a nation is founded or refounded.
6. As with actions that SC takes, the resolutions being taken up will come into effect for the entirely of NS, not just WA nations, as WA actions will become the main body for international law.
Article III. Security Council
1. The Security Council (SC) will maintain the majority of the powers it has now, with voting on commendation, condemnation, and liberation resolutions.
2. The Security Council will now have four committees:
Condemnation
Commendation
Liberation
Armed Forces
3. As with the process for establishing committees for the GA, the WA Secretariat will take applications and appoint members to those committees
4. The SC will establish an army in order to both fulfill liberation resolutions and stop any raiders throughout of NS.
5. This army can work in conjunction with regional armies.

PLEASE SUGGEST AMENDMENTS TO THIS RESOLUTION IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:59 am

OOC: Metagaming. It tries to change game mechanics, so in its current form it'd likely be highly illegal.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:00 am

The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Metagaming. It tries to change game mechanics, so in its current form it'd likely be highly illegal.

OOC: I was told that with an repeal of GA #2 all bets were basically off.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:03 am

Republicanana wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Metagaming. It tries to change game mechanics, so in its current form it'd likely be highly illegal.

OOC: I was told that with an repeal of GA #2 all bets were basically off.

(OOC: That is not correct. Repealing GA #2 would open up some avenues that were previously closed, such as a WA military, but wouldn’t remove the game mechanics or metagaming rules. This would still be illegal if GA #2 were repealed.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:06 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Republicanana wrote:OOC: I was told that with an repeal of GA #2 all bets were basically off.

(OOC: That is not correct. Repealing GA #2 would open up some avenues that were previously closed, such as a WA military, but wouldn’t remove the game mechanics or metagaming rules. This would still be illegal if GA #2 were repealed.)

OOC: What resolution says that changing game mechanics or metagaming is illegal?

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:07 am

Republicanana wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: That is not correct. Repealing GA #2 would open up some avenues that were previously closed, such as a WA military, but wouldn’t remove the game mechanics or metagaming rules. This would still be illegal if GA #2 were repealed.)

OOC: What resolution says that changing game mechanics or metagaming is illegal?

(OOC: No resolution enforces those rules; they are independent of any piece of legislation.)
Last edited by Kenmoria on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:08 am

Republicanana wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: That is not correct. Repealing GA #2 would open up some avenues that were previously closed, such as a WA military, but wouldn’t remove the game mechanics or metagaming rules. This would still be illegal if GA #2 were repealed.)

Ooc: none. The rules say those are illegal.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

WA Kitty Kops
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby WA Kitty Kops » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:10 am

Republicanana wrote:OOC: What resolution says that changing game mechanics or metagaming is illegal?

OOC: The rules of the game called NationStates. You know, this website we're all on? If you want to change how the game works, you need to go to Technical forum, but you'll just be told "no" there too. You can't do what you want to do, via a GA resolution.
The Head Inshpekshuuner looks like a dark grey kitten with yellow eyes and a small white patch on his chest, he's about 4-5 months old. He's much smarter than you could guess from the way he talks.
-- my main nation is Araraukar
NERVUN wrote:And my life flashed in front of my eyes while I did and I honestly expected my computer to explode after I entered the warning.

Upper Secundus
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Upper Secundus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:11 am

Can someone lock this? This thread has served it's purpose for comic relief and is now useless.
Rock and Roll Romans Bring thy Hard Rock Hedonism

"The world is one massive toilet, full of shit and waiting to be flushed."-Upper Secundus

Greco-Roman Polytheist and Agrarian

The Democratic Nation of Unovia
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Nation of Unovia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:12 am

I agree with the sentiments shared here.
Also, what's to say if you had a WA "President", it wouldn't basically be a vehicle for the ones with the most power to execute more power, or where the Gen Sec folks wouldn't use it to basically "Hot Potato" the Presidency between themselves?
Bad idea. Plus, if you were going to write a Constitution (with which I agree in principle), what Nations would go to the Convention, if they had one? What's to say that all Regions would have to adopt their model once it was written, as what happens during Student Government?
Last edited by The Democratic Nation of Unovia on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Operations of New World Union! TG me for Regional Information!
As a Map Maker, I help many Regions Current Region assisting: NextGen Roleplay.
If you want my assistance with Real World Maps, please TG me.
Loyal to New World Union

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:14 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Republicanana wrote:OOC: What resolution says that changing game mechanics or metagaming is illegal?

Ooc: none. The rules say those are illegal.

OOC: Since there is no official WA resolutions, could there be a separate resolution to ban those requirements from WA resolution

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:16 am

The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:I agree with the sentiments shared here.
Also, what's to say if you had a WA "President", it wouldn't basically be a vehicle for the ones with the most power to execute more power, or where the Gen Sec folks wouldn't use it to basically "Hot Potato" the Presidency between themselves?
Bad idea. Plus, if you were going to write a Constitution (with which I agree in principle), what Nations would go to the Convention, if they had one? What's to say that all Regions would have to adopt their model once it was written, as what happens during Student Government?

1. No, any WA member could run for President
2. Their will be a Convention for all WA members
3. All regions would not have adopt the WA Constitution

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:17 am

Republicanana wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Ooc: none. The rules say those are illegal.

OOC: Since there is no official WA resolutions, could there be a separate resolution to ban those requirements from WA resolution

(OOC: No, there is no way to affect the rules via a resolution.)
My pronouns are he/him.

Upper Secundus
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Upper Secundus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:19 am

I think there's some sort of temporal anomaly here. That's the only possible reason for why I seem to have time traveled forward into NS Summer.
Rock and Roll Romans Bring thy Hard Rock Hedonism

"The world is one massive toilet, full of shit and waiting to be flushed."-Upper Secundus

Greco-Roman Polytheist and Agrarian

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:21 am

Well, if this is wrong or possibly illegal, they suggest some ideas for some WA reform.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:25 am

Republicanana wrote:Well, if this is wrong or possibly illegal, they suggest some ideas for some WA reform.

OOC: The kind of reform you seek is not one that the players, GenSec, Mods, or Admins want to enact. Nobody wants a WA executive. Nobody wants to be able to change the game's code by legislative fiat.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Borovan3
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan3 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:27 am

Wa secretariat shouldn't have the extra role of appointment people they fine with enforcement rules and impart experience and the sc should be neutral and not establish army. That belongs to defenders. WA president will impact mechanics of game

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:27 am

Republicanana wrote:Well, if this is wrong or possibly illegal, they suggest some ideas for some WA reform.

OOC: The kind of reform you seek is not one that the players, GenSec, Mods, or Admins want to enact. Nobody wants a WA executive. Nobody wants to be able to change the game's code by legislative fiat.

Why is that?

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:28 am

Republicanana wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: The kind of reform you seek is not one that the players, GenSec, Mods, or Admins want to enact. Nobody wants a WA executive. Nobody wants to be able to change the game's code by legislative fiat.

Why is that?

Because that would either make the game unplayable by concentrating power in a single individual or make the game unplayable by ensuring the admins can't keep up with coding changes.

And Max Barry has been pretty clear that he isn't interested in changing the WA again.

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:29 am

Borovan3 wrote:Wa secretariat shouldn't have the extra role of appointment people they fine with enforcement rules and impart experience and the sc should be neutral and not establish army. That belongs to defenders. WA president will impact mechanics of game

1. The WA Secretariats would appoint members to committees to help improve legislation.
2. The army would help fulfill liberation requests.
3. A WA President is needed to help establish order in the WA.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:30 am

Republicanana wrote:
Borovan3 wrote:Wa secretariat shouldn't have the extra role of appointment people they fine with enforcement rules and impart experience and the sc should be neutral and not establish army. That belongs to defenders. WA president will impact mechanics of game

1. The WA Secretariats would appoint members to committees to help improve legislation.
2. The army would help fulfill liberation requests.
3. A WA President is needed to help establish order in the WA.

OOC: That isn't how committees work, the GA has nothing to do with Gameplay raiding and defense, and a WA president is a good way to give one player too much control over a game designed to be a direct democracy.

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:31 am

Republicanana wrote:Why is that?

Because that would either make the game unplayable by concentrating power in a single individual or make the game unplayable by ensuring the admins can't keep up with coding changes.

And Max Barry has been pretty clear that he isn't interested in changing the WA again.

What if we have an amount of time in the resolution where the WA could not be changed massively again?

WA Kitty Kops
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby WA Kitty Kops » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:31 am

Republicanana wrote:3. A WA President is needed to help establish order in the WA.

OOC: The WA is very ordered as is.

Republicanana wrote:What if we have an amount of time in the resolution where the WA could not be changed massively again?

No resolution can change the WA massively.
Last edited by WA Kitty Kops on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Head Inshpekshuuner looks like a dark grey kitten with yellow eyes and a small white patch on his chest, he's about 4-5 months old. He's much smarter than you could guess from the way he talks.
-- my main nation is Araraukar
NERVUN wrote:And my life flashed in front of my eyes while I did and I honestly expected my computer to explode after I entered the warning.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:32 am

Republicanana wrote:

What if we have an amount of time in the resolution where the WA could not be changed massively again?

OOC: Your suggestion is itself a massive change that the Admins have been clear they don't want.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly