NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/1 slot open PC for adoption)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I think you can play Lucas very well though you may tire of the role due to Lucas-Marco conversations. As for those three I would like to keep influence regarding them due to plot centrality. However, I do love the idea of you putting a spin on them :grin: Like Robert or Silas or even the Mayor- you'd do awesome in those roles. Though Silas and the Mayor have secrets I'm not ready to devulge to you. Robert Jr. on the other hand- I have the least issue with you taking on his role.

EDIT: Unless you want to be my co-op since Danceria has been inactive.

I would have to play Lucas as his own individual rather than the target of Marco's irrational ire, although I can't entirely ignore it either. An interesting new challenge, I would have to do the character justice, not someone who only exists towards one person. He's an interesting character given his backstory, which is quite possibly the most intense one. I'll need some time to get into his mindset first. But I look forward to playing as him.

I'm a little intimidated at the prospect of being a co-op however, I'm always afraid of running by a bad idea and potentially ruining something, hence I function better under OP oversight and would prefer to wait for Danceria to return.... eventually... any time now... as I'm waiting... perpetually... oh well its a not technically a large RP to begin with, maybe it can function fine with just an OP until Danceria eventually returns... someday.

I understand the need to seep into character (I too had to do so with the Densons) and will continue to manage this as the OP for the time being.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm concerned that the quality of my output hasn't been entirely successful as 'mature' in so far as its lacking this sense of nuance, I may have fallen into the trap of dark for darkness sake and need to think over my approach. Perhaps simplicity will suffice.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:I'm concerned that the quality of my output hasn't been entirely successful as 'mature' in so far as its lacking this sense of nuance, I may have fallen into the trap of dark for darkness sake and need to think over my approach. Perhaps simplicity will suffice.

Perhaps thought I think we have an issue that applies to us all.

How to proceed- we can keep this scene rolling and see the return of the group's stuff and eventually get itno our first assignment; but- we still have the matter of the other characters to attend to .

Like- so many have dropped out I think it's just you, me, and Pax. So another option to consider is starting over- like- maybe something regarding time changes things- and we don't realize it for a while- I do not know.

The fourth would be for us to try our hand at a new RP.

So, option one- to do that one we'll need an idea for the first assignment now that the player who was playing Mr. Denson isn't around to take us on such an adventure.

Option two is a simple fix that we can revisit as part of what some would call 'the season finale' or 'climax' ; it to would require us to come up with an adventure.

Option three, would require us to throw some ideas around and brainstorm.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:04 am

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:I'm concerned that the quality of my output hasn't been entirely successful as 'mature' in so far as its lacking this sense of nuance, I may have fallen into the trap of dark for darkness sake and need to think over my approach. Perhaps simplicity will suffice.

Perhaps thought I think we have an issue that applies to us all.

How to proceed- we can keep this scene rolling and see the return of the group's stuff and eventually get itno our first assignment; but- we still have the matter of the other characters to attend to .

Like- so many have dropped out I think it's just you, me, and Pax. So another option to consider is starting over- like- maybe something regarding time changes things- and we don't realize it for a while- I do not know.

So, option one- to do that one we'll need an idea for the first assignment now that the player who was playing Mr. Denson isn't around to take us on such an adventure.

Option two is a simple fix that we can revisit as part of what some would call 'the season finale' or 'climax' ; it to would require us to come up with an adventure.

I'm still here, though.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:01 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Perhaps thought I think we have an issue that applies to us all.

I'm still here, though.

Do-auh! Dang memory.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:44 am

Harbertia wrote:Perhaps thought I think we have an issue that applies to us all.

I'm still here, though.

And Tussia will probably return soon.

So there's me, Harb, MNM, Pax and Tussia, while we've lost Danceria and Anarcho, who played our main Dorian and Denson important to the Woodview lore, so not an insignificant loss to say the least since they were expected to take up heroic leader kind of roles. We also lost Codagh whose character Luke had attracted the antagonism of Dark Bear himself, who lost his mother in a horrific murder and kept a journal recording his paranormal research.

Utilising time travel to change the storyline as we know it, we'd have to consider what exactly we need to change and whether any characters retain memories of the original/current timeline before its altered or moved to a tangent plane.

Monty: Where's Don?
Marco: Who's Don?

Duh dud duh...

Alternatively Will and Don and Luke become adopted by other players and we continue forth from there.

Both ways are interesting, in one approach we could actually have some characters realise their reality just shifted and freak out about it, on the other hand we take up the mantle of these adoptive characters and carry on their roles.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
I'm still here, though.

And Tussia will probably return soon.

So there's me, Harb, MNM, Pax and Tussia, while we've lost Danceria and Anarcho, who played our main Dorian and Denson important to the Woodview lore, so not an insignificant loss to say the least since they were expected to take up heroic leader kind of roles. We also lost Codagh whose character Luke had attracted the antagonism of Dark Bear himself, who lost his mother in a horrific murder and kept a journal recording his paranormal research.

Utilising time travel to change the storyline as we know it, we'd have to consider what exactly we need to change and whether any characters retain memories of the original/current timeline before its altered or moved to a tangent plane.

Monty: Where's Don?
Marco: Who's Don?

Duh dud duh...

Alternatively Will and Don and Luke become adopted by other players and we continue forth from there.

Both ways are interesting, in one approach we could actually have some characters realize their reality just shifted and freak out about it, on the other hand we take up the mantle of these adoptive characters and carry on their roles.

I would certainly like to see the characters continue but no one has come forward to adopt one of the PCs abandoned the whole time I've had it advertised. Maybe more options would increase the odds but- other wise it'd be us taking on those roles.
Tomorrow is made today.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:21 am

Any new posts? I may not be able to respond till tomorrow.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:23 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Any new posts? I may not be able to respond till tomorrow.

I can't think of anything new.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:55 am

I can play Luke in Codagh's place, its logical that you would take up Will due to lore, as for Don... any thoughts?

Also, should I edit Marco's post, specifically the part where he tries to get Monty to leave with him?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:I can play Luke in Codagh's place, its logical that you would take up Will due to lore, as for Don... any thoughts?

Also, should I edit Marco's post, specifically the part where he tries to get Monty to leave with him?

You can but I don't think it has to be changed.

Not sure why these past weeks have been difficult for me to focus in. Well I'll do Wil and Don for now I guess... I'll get up to it? maybe....
Tomorrow is made today.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:31 am

Harbertia wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Any new posts? I may not be able to respond till tomorrow.

I can't think of anything new.

Ok.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:33 pm

Hey, I'm getting my own business soon. Repayment for a debt and also so the proprietor can focus on higher education; a lot of his co-founders for the company left him and he alone can not repay myself nor my brother so he's offered the business up to us. We'll be running things (my brother and I) for about 7 months we estimate before deciding weather to keep the business or sell (almost) everything. It's a hobby shop geared towards MTG, Video Games, Pokemon, game consoles, and computer repair. We'll be adding 'VHS to DVD Conversion' as a service for an additional avenue of revenue.

Edit: Might be even less active here but I do find myself wanting to continue this- just not feeling very energized to do so.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:33 am

Harbertia wrote:Hey, I'm getting my own business soon. Repayment for a debt and also so the proprietor can focus on higher education; a lot of his co-founders for the company left him and he alone can not repay myself nor my brother so he's offered the business up to us. We'll be running things (my brother and I) for about 7 months we estimate before deciding weather to keep the business or sell (almost) everything. It's a hobby shop geared towards MTG, Video Games, Pokemon, game consoles, and computer repair. We'll be adding 'VHS to DVD Conversion' as a service for an additional avenue of revenue.

Edit: Might be even less active here but I do find myself wanting to continue this- just not feeling very energized to do so.

You're starting a business? That's cool. And I completely understand not having the enrgy to write RP posts. That hits me all the time.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse