NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us 8 - First Earth Battalion [OOC|Meta RP|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What should be the theme music for the first arc?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Duran Duran - A View to a Kill (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJzotJUlQws)
33%
Adele - Skyfall (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-gLRp5bSpw)
67%
Please stop discussing James Bond theme songs!
No votes

Total votes : 3

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Triassica wrote:An App from a long time ago. Ill get more up soon.
*snip*

Lol yep, can tell it's an old one you're using a different app form :D Not an issue, it covers all the main points.

Character is totally fine, only question I have before linking them in the second post, is how did they go from where they are to a member of the FEB?

The app when I made Zinnia was an old one too, from the Academy I think? Had a bit of code issues too but I fixed them all I think.

Also I'm still alive

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:App done with backstory.

Awesome, I've linked him on the front page... I envisage he'll get on quite well with Kaleidoscope.

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Triassica wrote:An App from a long time ago. Ill get more up soon.
*snip*

Lol yep, can tell it's an old one you're using a different app form :D Not an issue, it covers all the main points.

Character is totally fine, only question I have before linking them in the second post, is how did they go from where they are to a member of the FEB?

She is not a member. She out there wrecking havoc somewhere...
Slava Ukraine!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Demencia wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

The app when I made Zinnia was an old one too, from the Academy I think? Had a bit of code issues too but I fixed them all I think.

Also I'm still alive

Oh... I thought you were using the first app I put up on here. I changed it when I realised that putting the whole thing in a spoiler meant I could, quite easily scroll past an app without realising it was there... also I seem to remember that a spoiler inside the spoiler tends to break the forum.

Good to hear you are alive and well! I had figured you were waiting for the IC... being as you are about, care to take a look at my last app? I'm keen to have one of the co-creators double check my stuff, just to be sure I'm not creating an OP team member.

Who'll watch the watchmen? ... I'm hoping they'll watch each other.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Triassica wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

She is not a member. She out there wrecking havoc somewhere...

That's cool, but since we aren't running a sandbox RP, do you mind holding her back for a bit until we're through with the first major plot arc? That would be the perfect time to introduce a villain.

Sorry, I know I haven't shared what I'm planning for the first arc (except in vague details). That is so that everyone (bar me) can enjoy the plot without spoilers! It is pretty well mapped out, will be quick paced and (fingers crossed) a bit of fun for everyone involved in writing it.

If it is alright by you, I'll put her under the 'Villains' section on the front page?

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Triassica wrote:She is not a member. She out there wrecking havoc somewhere...

That's cool, but since we aren't running a sandbox RP, do you mind holding her back for a bit until we're through with the first major plot arc? That would be the perfect time to introduce a villain.

Sorry, I know I haven't shared what I'm planning for the first arc (except in vague details). That is so that everyone (bar me) can enjoy the plot without spoilers! It is pretty well mapped out, will be quick paced and (fingers crossed) a bit of fun for everyone involved in writing it.

If it is alright by you, I'll put her under the 'Villains' section on the front page?

Of course...
Slava Ukraine!

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Demencia wrote:

Also I'm still alive

Oh... I thought you were using the first app I put up on here. I changed it when I realised that putting the whole thing in a spoiler meant I could, quite easily scroll past an app without realising it was there... also I seem to remember that a spoiler inside the spoiler tends to break the forum.

Good to hear you are alive and well! I had figured you were waiting for the IC... being as you are about, care to take a look at my last app? I'm keen to have one of the co-creators double check my stuff, just to be sure I'm not creating an OP team member.

It was the first app here, but it still mentioned the Academy thread I think in the context of "Which thread are you applying for (Just Academy at the moment) but I took it out of the final version I posted.

I looked at it, and she seems fine to me.

I also wanted to add something else to Zinnia, an enhanced equilibrioception so she can perch on branches, ledges and such and also not get nauseous during mid-air acrobatics if that's acceptable

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:22 pm

Demencia wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

It was the first app here, but it still mentioned the Academy thread I think in the context of "Which thread are you applying for (Just Academy at the moment) but I took it out of the final version I posted.

I also wanted to add something else to Zinnia, an enhanced equilibrioception so she can perch on branches, ledges and such and also not get nauseous during mid-air acrobatics if that's acceptable

That is because I am lazy and incompetent.

Sounds like a completely logical addition... bit like a speedster also needs to be either able to not die if they have a high speed collision or have the ability to dodge it better than a normal person!
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Demencia wrote:

That is because I am lazy and incompetent.

Sounds like a completely logical addition... bit like a speedster also needs to be either able to not die if they have a high speed collision or have the ability to dodge it better than a normal person!

Alright, done

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Would i be able to make a villain or no?

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:54 am

Shark isle wrote:Would i be able to make a villain or no?

At the moment we are just using the villains as plot devices (the ones in the thread so far as made by Co-OPs). We are just taking apps for people who are members of the FEB at the moment, although the FEB will accept villains who have decided to join the good side for a bit.

Basically, I am trying to keep characters on the same team to make storytelling easier.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:31 pm

Hmm. Would it be acceptable to make a character that just straight up has no superpowers?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:48 pm

Anowa wrote:Hmm. Would it be acceptable to make a character that just straight up has no superpowers?

Definitely!

Talion Union
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 pm

Anowa wrote:Hmm. Would it be acceptable to make a character that just straight up has no superpowers?

Batman exists, at least. And there's always a market for hired guns among other things.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 pm

Talion Union wrote:

Batman exists, at least. And there's always a market for hired guns among other things.

? I have not seen an app for a batman like character

Talion Union
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:13 pm

In general.

As in it's a perfectly valid choice.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Gods Among Us Character Application

Character Description
    Name:Camron Morton
    Aliases: Death-bullet
    Apperance:
    Camron is a muscular African American at 5'11. He has a pistol tattooed on his right arm. He has blue eyes and black curly hair. The Executioner suit is Black with high tech visors for eyes.

Motivations
    Goals: Camron wants to repent for some of his less savory actions by joining the FEB.
    Fears: Failing his family, Being found out by Russian government

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power:Mutant, Advanced suit
    Powers : Enhanced Strength:Camron is strong enough to break through a wall with effort

Enhanced endurance:Camron can survive slightly more damage than the average person

Invisibility:Camron can cloak himself with his mutant ability making him invisible to the naked eye

Suit's abilities:The "Executioner" suit is a advanced suit made by the Russian government for a mission, but was stolen by Camron after after said mission. It is bullet resistant and is not easily pierced by conventional sharp items. The suit has arm blades, and wrist mounted flamethrowers. It can filter out poison through the mask and has resistance to cold.
    Abilities: Hand to Hand Combat:Camron is exceptional at hand to hand combat.

Knife fighting:Camron is good with a knife being skilled at one to one fighting or taking on multiple opponents at once

Excellent Marksmanship: Camron knows his way around a gun. He knows how to use a variety of firearms and he is very accurate. He can also use a bow though he isn't the best at it.
    Equipment: Camron has a few military munitions such as flash-bangs, grenades, and tear gas. He also has a grappling hook
    Weaknesses:Camron is still human and even with his mutant ability a few bullets will put him done. His invisibility power doesn't work inside his suit and he prefers using said suit. The Executioner suit can be taken down if the power source (located on the inside of the legs of the suit)

Background:
    Job: Professional Hitman
    Legal Status: Used to be more freelance, but now works with the U.S government so he is technically legal, but the relationship is complicated. Long story short government approved but highly monitored
    Backstory: Camron Morton was born in a crime ridden area in Detroit and joined a gang at age 16. He became a gang banger and stayed at that level for a while. He found his mutant ability when he was 20 and surrounded by members of a opposing game. Before he would've been beaten he disappeared and managed to escape. His powers was noticed by the government and he was adopted into the U.S government, but managed to escape while in a mission in the Middle East. He became a Hitman for multiple governments. Sometime in 2007 he worked with the Russian government and received the Executioner suit, but met a female dissent of the government. He fell in love and fearing for her life, he fled with the suit, but the U.S government had caught up with him. He was told to join the FEB to monitor their actions, but he saw it as a way to restart his life for the better.
Last edited by Atkemri on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:00 pm

This typo is bothering me infinitely more than it should.

Code: Select all
[b]Apperance:[/b]
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:25 pm

Character Description
    Name: Ashley Rivers
    Aliases: N/A
    Apperance:
    Ashley Rivers is a rather waifish individual, standing at 5'0 (152cm) at the best of times and weighing 100 pounds (45kg) after a large meal. Her hands have a number of scars ranging from small to somewhat ragged, a good portion of her life being spent working on engines of varying tolerances, her left pinky is missing it's nail, and her right ring finger is missing it's tip. Other than this, the rest of her body remains unmarred and void of anything more than a few moles.

Motivations
    Goals: Either live out a long and grueling life in the hope of achieving something, or die in her sleep.
    Fears: Spiders, balloons, beards.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Just a normal person.
    Powers : N/A
    Abilities:
    • Well versed in repairing, maintaining, and driving auto-mobiles and other similar machines
    • Decent cook
    • Iron stomach
    • Capable of sleeping on any surface
    • High pain tolerance
    Equipment: 500pc Metric/Imperial Tool Set, 6 foot breaker bar, 1970 AMC Javelin AMX.
    Weaknesses:
    • Ashley is about as physically imposing as a tumbleweed, at 5'0 and 110 pounds soaking wet, fighting her wouldn't be any form of challenge.
    • Outside of beating people with a breaker bar, Ashley's combat experience is non-existent.
    • She has no powers whatsoever.

Background:
    Job: Auto-Mechanic
    Legal Status:US Citizen
    Backstory: Ashley Rivers was born in Pocatello, Idaho on July 2nd 1994 to a conservative Mormon family. Her upbringing was rather strict, and her early life was dotted with domestic abuse in the form of emotional and mental trauma. But despite this she made it through no worse for wear, a trio of siblings alongside her. Ashley was always known as somewhat of a bright girl, though managing to graduate high-school by her Sophomore year, and take an apprenticeship under a local auto-mechanic. In 2011, an ongoing relationship of Ashley's resulted in a rather heated event among her family. Unfortunately ending said relationship, and with Ashley being disowned by her family.

Ashley would spend the next 4 years living out of her car, which in her opinion wasn't all too bad. Just with a tighter schedule than she expected. In mid 2016, she would gain her journeyman rating, and with a goal in mind, she took what few belonging she had and drove east, tales of superheroes and opportunity passing over her head in exchange for simply getting as far away from bad memories as possible.

Despite getting a job as a mechanic in a small hovel in Harlem, a lack of social interaction outside work has made the woman withdrawn and cynical. With no real social circle to speak of, and a distinctly anti-social demeanor, she's an outcast. Despite this, she managed to land a job with the FEB as one of the few civilian contractors under their employment.

Character Description
    Name: Ingrid Grimsdottir
    Age: Chronologically: 1114, 'Legally': 99, Biologically: 28
    Appearance:
    Ingrid Grimsdottir defies normal expectations of appearance. At a recorded 99 years old and a self announced 1114 years old, one would expect her to be a prune at best, and a collection of fossilized calcium at worst. However she stands as healthy as a horse and as active as any athlete would be. Her canvas of skin is covered in Norse prayers in the form of runic poems, freckles, and despite being able to simply whisk them away over night, scars. A distinctly muscular frame extends 6'0 (183cm) off the ground and regularly hovers at 232 lbs(105kg),

Motivations
    Goals: Have an adventure!
    Fears: Flying, losing memory of who she is and who she was, cephalopods.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: An odd machination embedded into the base of Ingrid's skull.
    Powers : Cellular Control
      Ingrid's power is the capability of controlling the acts and positions of her cells within her body. Ranging from bone cells to the cells of her intestinal walls. This gives her the capability of slightly adjusting where her organs are while still inside her body, as well as innately increase her overall muscle and bone density. Meaning that (given enough time, food and energy) she could mold her body into that of an Olympic level athlete by simply meditating. Or she could do the opposite and achieve a body that would allow her to hibernate for eight months. This also gives Ingrid a degree of regeneration (again, given time and energy), ranging from being able to fix internal injuries to fully severed limbs. Granted this takes much more energy than simply changing her cells around. The capability of cellular control also means a degree of control of hormone production. As such, she can regulate such things as Amino Acid proteins, Epinephrine, growth hormone, and Oxytocin almost on command. The method she uses isn't exact, and accidentally secreting too much or too little is an issue. With certain hormones or proteins it can even be lethal.
    Berserker:
    • Related to one of them it's expected that Ingrid carry on his ways in her family's honor. Over the years, Ingrid has brute forced her DNA and body into maintaining a physique that is all but dedicated to war. 100 meter sprints in under 10 seconds, oxygen intake nearly double that of a normal human, bone density equal to that of iron, a muscle contracting force that would make Mike Tyson wince, and a reaction time equal to that of modern fighter pilots. No matter what happens to her body, this is what it will revert to if she makes no active attempt to change it.
    Hammerspace:
    • The odd machination that Ingrid woke up one day to have embedded in her skull plays a few roles, one of them as a storage compartment of sorts. By converting items down to raw atoms and energy via unknown means it simply adds mass to her body, allowing her to carry a multitude of objects with her without risk of back damage or storage space. Allowing her to recall items basically at will.
    Abilities:
    • Swordfighting
    • Pugilism
    • Can read, write, and speak Old Norse, German, Icelandic, Norwegian, English, and French.
    • Extraordinary cook and nutritionist
    • Decent pistol markswoman
    • Iron stomach
    Equipment: Currently within the machination are the following items:
    • A prime condition Ulfberht Sword
    • Browning Hi-Power
    • 26x rounds of 9x19mm Parabellum
    • Poncho
    • 2x packs of Lucky Strike brand Cigarettes
    • 18x waterproof matches
    • 8x impériale bottles Château Margaux Grand Vin, C. 1939
    • Raven Banner
    • Wolf Pelt
    Weaknesses:
    • Her power focuses mostly on having time, energy and materials to do anything more than seal a wound or set a bone. If any of those three are missing, then the change will either not be achieved, or won't be nearly as effective.
    • While Ingrid can easily keep herself alive at minimum after a fight, doing so while actively trying to damage something and avoid being killed herself does not make it an easy task. Doing damage during a fight -if it's not superficial- will very likely last until the fight's end, for better or worse.
    • While she does not know it, the black and green metal bump on the base of her skull will knock her unconscious and render her an amnesiac at best if damaged. If destroyed completely it will most definitely kill her.

Background:
    Job: "Professional" Hero
    Legal Status: Somewhat renowned hero.
    Backstory: Ingrid's earliest memory was of her family in Iceland, farmers in a hamlet composed of malcontents exiled from Norway, her father a respected Chieftain and Poet, her brother a berserker, as well as a respected poet, and her mother, a shield-maiden and -as expected- a respected poet. Memory of this period ending with a crater and a small rock within, followed by a flash of light. What came next would be a literal gap in her memory for the next 1000 years.

The earliest legal document of any kind naming Ingrid Grimsdottir as the person she is now, is dated to September 14th, 1942. A Wehrmacht document recovered from Rjukan, Norway gave the description and actions of a woman fitting Ingrid's description, suspected of sabotaging a motor-pool and trucks tasked with ferrying heavy water from the nearby Vemork Hydro Plant. Another document dated August 12th, 1943, was found in an SS outpost near Tours, France, of the same woman, though this time directly related to nighttime raids on outposts and convoys.

Ingrid Grimsdottir would seemingly disappear at that point, for nearly a decade. Grandfathered documents from the US Immigration and Naturalization Service dated to mid 1952, indicate that a woman named Ingrid Grimsdottir would immigrate from her native Iceland to the United States. She would then find a job as a farmer in rural Texas, where she would remain before being declared a missing person in 1957.

In 1979, an amnesiac was found wondering outside a police station in Bakersfield, California covered in blood, dazed, and distinctly confused. After proper legal action was taken, and after a hospital visit, the woman would make a partial recovery, recovering her name and birthplace. She would then later find work as a volunteer firefighter until March of 2001, where she then joined the FEB, after foiling a chemical attack on JFK Airport, absolutely unfazed by the toxins released within.

Since then, she's become somewhat of a public figure, failing to shy away from any manner of derring-do or challenge. Having revealed her past and allowed it into the public's eye. Ingrid, daughter of Skalla-Grimr, sits ready and waiting for anything to come her way.
Last edited by Anowa on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:22 am

Anowa wrote:This typo is bothering me infinitely more than it should.

Code: Select all
[b]Apperance:[/b]

Oh thank! Fixed it.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:05 am

Atkemri wrote:

Character Description
    Name:Camron Morton
    Aliases: Death-bullet
    Apperance:
    Camron is a muscular African American at 5'11. He has a pistol tattooed on his right arm. He has blue eyes and black curly hair. The Executioner suit is Black with high tech visors for eyes.

Motivations
    Goals: Camron wants to repent for some of his less savory actions by joining the FEB.
    Fears: Failing his family, Being found out by Russian government

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power:Mutant, Advanced suit
    Powers : Enhanced Strength:Camron is strong enough to break through a wall with effort

Enhanced endurance:Camron can survive slightly more damage than the average person

Invisibility:Camron can cloak himself with his mutant ability making him invisible to the naked eye

Suit's abilities:The "Executioner" suit is a advanced suit made by the Russian government for a mission, but was stolen by Camron after after said mission. It is bullet resistant and is not easily pierced by conventional sharp items. The suit has arm blades, and wrist mounted flamethrowers. It can filter out poison through the mask and has resistance to cold.
    Abilities: Hand to Hand Combat:Camron is exceptional at hand to hand combat.

Knife fighting:Camron is good with a knife being skilled at one to one fighting or taking on multiple opponents at once

Excellent Marksmanship: Camron knows his way around a gun. He knows how to use a variety of firearms and he is very accurate. He can also use a bow though he isn't the best at it.
    Equipment: Camron has a few military munitions such as flash-bangs, grenades, and tear gas. He also has a grappling hook
    Weaknesses:Camron is still human and even with his mutant ability a few bullets will put him done. His invisibility power doesn't work inside his suit and he prefers using said suit. The Executioner suit can be taken down if the power source (located on the inside of the legs of the suit)

Background:
    Job: Professional Hitman
    Legal Status: Used to be more freelance, but now works with the U.S government so he is technically legal, but the relationship is complicated. Long story short government approved but highly monitored
    Backstory: Camron Morton was born in a crime ridden area in Detroit and joined a gang at age 16. He became a gang banger and stayed at that level for a while. He found his mutant ability when he was 20 and surrounded by members of a opposing game. Before he would've been beaten he disappeared and managed to escape. His powers was noticed by the government and he was adopted into the U.S government, but managed to escape while in a mission in the Middle East. He became a Hitman for multiple governments. Sometime in 2007 he worked with the Russian government and received the Executioner suit, but met a female dissent of the government. He fell in love and fearing for her life, he fled with the suit, but the U.S government had caught up with him. He was told to join the FEB to monitor their actions, but he saw it as a way to restart his life for the better.

As long as he's still detectable with IR stuff (or some other way of finding him when he turns invisible) he is perfect.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:05 am

Anowa wrote:

Character Description
    Name: Ashley Rivers
    Apperance:
    Ashley Rivers is a rather waifish individual, standing at 5'0 (152cm) at the best of times and weighing 100 pounds (45kg) after a large meal. Her hands have a number of scars ranging from small to somewhat ragged, a good portion of her life being spent working on engines of varying tolerances, her left pinky is missing it's nail, and her right ring finger is missing it's tip. Other than this, the rest of her body remains unmarred and void of anything more than a few moles.

Motivations
    Goals: Either live out a long and grueling life in the hope of achieving something, or die in her sleep.
    Fears: Spiders, balloons, beards.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Just a normal person.
    Powers : N/A
    Abilities:
    • Well versed in repairing, maintaining, and driving auto-mobiles and other similar machines
    • Decent cook
    • Iron stomach
    • Capable of sleeping on any surface
    • High pain tolerance
    Equipment: 500pc Metric/Imperial Tool Set, 6 foot breaker bar, 1970 AMC Javelin AMX.
    Weaknesses:
    • Ashley is about as physically imposing as a tumbleweed, at 5'0 and 110 pounds soaking wet, fighting her wouldn't be any form of challenge.
    • Outside of beating people with a breaker bar, Ashley's combat experience is non-existent.
    • She has no powers whatsoever.

Background:
    Job: Auto-Mechanic
    Legal Status:US Citizen
    Backstory: Ashley Rivers was born in Pocatello, Idaho on July 2nd 1994 to a conservative Mormon family. Her upbringing was rather strict, and her early life was dotted with domestic abuse in the form of emotional and mental trauma. But despite this she made it through no worse for wear, a trio of siblings alongside her. Ashley was always known as somewhat of a bright girl, though managing to graduate high-school by her Sophomore year, and take an apprenticeship under a local auto-mechanic. In 2011, an ongoing relationship of Ashley's resulted in a rather heated event among her family. Unfortunately ending said relationship, and with Ashley being disowned by her family.

Ashley would spend the next 4 years living out of her car, which in her opinion wasn't all too bad. Just with a tighter schedule than she expected. In mid 2016, she would gain her journeyman rating, and with a goal in mind, she took what few belonging she had and drove east, tales of superheroes and opportunity passing over her head in exchange for simply getting as far away from bad memories as possible.

Despite getting a job as a mechanic in a small hovel in Harlem, a lack of social interaction outside work has made the woman withdrawn and cynical. With no real social circle to speak of, and a distinctly anti-social demeanor, she's an outcast. Despite this, she managed to land a job with the FEB as one of the few civilian contractors under their employment.

Character Description
    Name: Ingrid Grimsdottir
    Age: Chronologically: 1114, 'Legally': 99, Biologically: 28
    Appearance:
    Ingrid Grimsdottir defies normal expectations of appearance. At a recorded 99 years old and a self announced 1114 years old, one would expect her to be a prune at best, and a collection of fossilized calcium at worst. However she stands as healthy as a horse and as active as any athlete would be. Her canvas of skin is covered in Norse prayers in the form of runic poems, freckles, and despite being able to simply whisk them away over night, scars. A distinctly muscular frame extends 6'0 (183cm) off the ground and regularly hovers at 232 lbs(105kg),

Motivations
    Goals: Have an adventure!
    Fears: Flying, losing memory of who she is and who she was, cephalopods.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: An odd machination embedded into the base of Ingrid's skull.
    Powers : Cellular Control
      Ingrid's power is the capability of controlling the acts and positions of her cells within her body. Ranging from bone cells to the cells of her intestinal walls. This gives her the capability of slightly adjusting where her organs are while still inside her body, as well as innately increase her overall muscle and bone density. Meaning that (given enough time, food and energy) she could mold her body into that of an Olympic level athlete by simply meditating. Or she could do the opposite and achieve a body that would allow her to hibernate for eight months. This also gives Ingrid a degree of regeneration (again, given time and energy), ranging from being able to fix internal injuries to fully severed limbs. Granted this takes much more energy than simply changing her cells around. The capability of cellular control also means a degree of control of hormone production. As such, she can regulate such things as Amino Acid proteins, Epinephrine, growth hormone, and Oxytocin almost on command. The method she uses isn't exact, and accidentally secreting too much or too little is an issue. With certain hormones or proteins it can even be lethal.
    Berserker:
    • Related to one of them it's expected that Ingrid carry on his ways in her family's honor. Over the years, Ingrid has brute forced her DNA and body into maintaining a physique that is all but dedicated to war. 100 meter sprints in under 10 seconds, oxygen intake nearly double that of a normal human, bone density equal to that of iron, a muscle contracting force that would make Mike Tyson wince, and a reaction time equal to that of modern fighter pilots. No matter what happens to her body, this is what it will revert to if she makes no active attempt to change it.
    Hammerspace:
    • The odd machination that Ingrid woke up one day to have embedded in her skull plays a few roles, one of them as a storage compartment of sorts. By converting items down to raw atoms and energy via unknown means it simply adds mass to her body, allowing her to carry a multitude of objects with her without risk of back damage or storage space. Allowing her to recall items basically at will.
    Abilities:
    • Swordfighting
    • Pugilism
    • Can read, write, and speak Old Norse, German, Icelandic, Norwegian, English, and French.
    • Extraordinary cook and nutritionist
    • Decent pistol markswoman
    • Iron stomach
    Equipment: Currently within the machination are the following items:
    • A prime condition Ulfberht Sword
    • Browning Hi-Power
    • 26x rounds of 9x19mm Parabellum
    • Poncho
    • 2x packs of Lucky Strike brand Cigarettes
    • 18x waterproof matches
    • 8x impériale bottles Château Margaux Grand Vin, C. 1939
    • Raven Banner
    • Wolf Pelt
    Weaknesses:
    • Her power focuses mostly on having time, energy and materials to do anything more than seal a wound or set a bone. If any of those three are missing, then the change will either not be achieved, or won't be nearly as effective.
    • While Ingrid can easily keep herself alive at minimum after a fight, doing so while actively trying to damage something and avoid being killed herself does not make it an easy task. Doing damage during a fight -if it's not superficial- will very likely last until the fight's end, for better or worse.
    • While she does not know it, the black and green metal bump on the base of her skull will knock her unconscious and render her an amnesiac at best if damaged. If destroyed completely it will most definitely kill her.

Background:
    Job: "Professional" Hero
    Legal Status: Somewhat renowned hero.
    Backstory: Ingrid's earliest memory was of her family in Iceland, farmers in a hamlet composed of malcontents exiled from Norway, her father a respected Chieftain and Poet, her brother a berserker, as well as a respected poet, and her mother, a shield-maiden and -as expected- a respected poet. Memory of this period ending with a crater and a small rock within, followed by a flash of light. What came next would be a literal gap in her memory for the next 1000 years.

The earliest legal document of any kind naming Ingrid Grimsdottir as the person she is now, is dated to September 14th, 1942. A Wehrmacht document recovered from Rjukan, Norway gave the description and actions of a woman fitting Ingrid's description, suspected of sabotaging a motor-pool and trucks tasked with ferrying heavy water from the nearby Vemork Hydro Plant. Another document dated August 12th, 1943, was found in an SS outpost near Tours, France, of the same woman, though this time directly related to nighttime raids on outposts and convoys.

Ingrid Grimsdottir would seemingly disappear at that point, for nearly a decade. Grandfathered documents from the US Immigration and Naturalization Service dated to mid 1952, indicate that a woman named Ingrid Grimsdottir would immigrate from her native Iceland to the United States. She would then find a job as a farmer in rural Texas, where she would remain before being declared a missing person in 1957.

In 1979, an amnesiac was found wondering outside a police station in Bakersfield, California covered in blood, dazed, and distinctly confused. After proper legal action was taken, and after a hospital visit, the woman would make a partial recovery, recovering her name and birthplace. She would then later find work as a volunteer firefighter until March of 2001, where she then joined the FEB, after foiling a chemical attack on JFK Airport, absolutely unfazed by the toxins released within.

Since then, she's become somewhat of a public figure, failing to shy away from any manner of derring-do or challenge. Having revealed her past and allowed it into the public's eye. Ingrid, daughter of Skalla-Grimr, sits ready and waiting for anything to come her way.

Both look good to me. I will update the front page when I get back home today

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:40 pm

A question; would it be possible to RP someone working against the First Earth Battalion, rather than it's member?
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:54 pm

New Aeyariss wrote:A question; would it be possible to RP someone working against the First Earth Battalion, rather than it's member?

The OP seems like he isn't going to let you do that until the second arc, but you'd have to ask him. Maybe he's changed his mind.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Atkemri wrote:
New Aeyariss wrote:A question; would it be possible to RP someone working against the First Earth Battalion, rather than it's member?

The OP seems like he isn't going to let you do that until the second arc, but you'd have to ask him. Maybe he's changed his mind.

I haven't. The reason I'm asking everyone to stay in the team is that story lines are much easier to write if people are all more-or-less pulling in the same direction. Its easier, with everyone on the same team, to make sure that you are all involved and have something to do. In the more sand-box RPs people can get isolated quite easily.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse