NATION

PASSWORD

Crown Prince of Empire, Princess's Seek Spouses (IC, Open)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Founded: Nov 06, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Crown Prince of Empire, Princess's Seek Spouses (IC, Open)

Postby AquilaJordyn » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:21 pm

Above: the Imperial Seal of House Ðardanexia

Greetings
To all suitors and suitorettes,

His Stoicness, ruler of all under Mount Areia, the Fire Keeper, Defender of Rome, Brother of Armenia, Brother to Abraham's sons, Nike's Spear, Achilles Curse, The King of the North, The Lord of the Seas, The Knight Of The Virgin Queen, The Blood Archon of Syagros, The Grand Dukas of Troy & Hektor, The Basileus Of Syagros, Arstassigon, and The Burcean Isles, The Basileus of Troy; Basileus Tōmā Ðardanexia IX has opened the halls of the Castle Sarpedon, the Imperial residence of his family wide open to suitors seeking the hand of his eldest son, Crown Prince Vulcan Ðardanexia XX, as well as those of the Basileus's younger sisters, the Aunts of the Crown Prince, the twins Prince's Europa and Astraea.

On Their Lineage
Before introducing the Debutant & Debutante's, it is right & proper to enumerate all of their ancestors, in order to expose suitors to the history of the family, and our family has much to boast about. Our House is oft called "The Eldest House." for our family's history and time in rule go back millennia upon millennia. Because of the sheer magnanimity of our family, it is best to only list those family members which best express our houses legacy.

At its founding, our house ruled the legendary city of Dardanum, founded by Basileus Dardanius Ðardanexia, but our house is perhaps best known for ruling the city of his son Ilus: The greatest city of all the Greek world and in our mind the whole world; Troy. The Troy of legend, spoken of in the legends of Homer, Troy destroyed by the bedeviled Helen and hoggish Paris. Our family is firstly, proudly and foremost, the rulers of Troy, and the successor state to her, this empire, Syagros. However, the lineage of my son and sisters goes far beyond just the legendary men and women who are our most direct ancestors of yore, their blood is the blood of ten thousand Kings and ten thousand Queens, some through blood and others through marriage. Through their ancestor Basileus Souleymane, they can claim Mansa Musa as their blood. On top of him, there is the fair Basilissa Zhang Li of China, daughter of Ming Dynasty era Chinese Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang, who through him, they can claim the whole illustrious dynasty of the Ming's as their ancestors. But not just the Mings. Through Basilissa Jessamine, her father Emperor Cyrus the Great of Persia, a man of biblical legends and the founder of the great Empire of Persia is their blood as well. Through Basilissa Radegonde, her Father King Charles VII of the great state of France, and all of his ancestors, including all of the Kings and Queens of France, Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire, and of course, Emperor Charlemagne, first sovereign of France are their ancestors. Through Basilissa Kiku of Japan, they can also count all of the great Emperors who sat on the Chrysanthemum throne of the Ashikaga Shogunate of Japan as their ancestors. Through Basilissa Karoline of Norway, my son's Great Great Grandmother, her father King Olaf V of Norway is his ancestor, the whole Norwegian royal family are his relatives as well as the whole Danish royal house Glücksburg. Through her mother, Queen Maud of Wales, they all may claim House Windsor, the ruling house of Great Britain as relatives. None of this is to speak of the many members of our house who were wed to many Emperors of Rome, Byzantium, Russia, Hispania, Portugal or the Pharaohs of Egypt nor the Kings of Thrace or the Queens of the Amazon. Nor is it to speak of our houses great feats; from ruling over larger swaths of territory than Rome for over 900 years in ancient times to our greatest and most hallowed achievement; liberating all of eastern Europe and ultimately, the death camp Auschwitz-Birkenau from the Third Reich of Germany, under the leadership of Saint Vulcan Ðardanexia XIX during World War II. Our House's grandeur cannot possibly be enumerated totally here. Many houses can claim to have the blood of many Kings & Queens, but ours can claim to have the blood of 10,000 Kings & Queens from around the world and around time coursing through our veins. Truly, whichever man or woman should marry my son or my sisters should count themselves among the most honored. To be married into the eldest house is to be woven into the most illustrious of legendary banners. One still being woven. Will you be the next thread in my families legend?
- Basileus Tōmā Ðardanexia IX

ImageImageImage

The Crown Prince Vulcan Servus Ðardanexia(22)The good Prince Europa Atalanta Ðardanexia(28)The wise Prince Astraea Ruth Ðardanexia(28)

Inheritor Vulcan
Theme Song

Quote: "I will do what I must. No less. If I must give everything for what is right, so be it. As I say that... I am afraid. But I mean it nonetheless."
Biology & Personal
Sex: Male
Birthdate: May 29th, 1996
Usual Titles: Crown Prince, Inheritor
Sire: Basileus Tōmā Ðardanexia IX
Dam: Basilissa Melissa "Benoist" Ðardanexia
Faith: Ttroaditine Rite Catholic Christian
Political-lean: Left-leaning Distributist
Languages Known: Anatolian, English, Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese,
German, Russian and Arabic.
University: Yale University, U.S.A.
Hobbies: Football (American), Fencing, Sailing, Falconry,
Fishing, Weightlifting
Ethnicity: Trojan, Burke and French
Nationality: Trojan-American
Height: 6'1 ft
Weight: 74.8 Kg (165 Pounds)
IQ: 135
Net Worth: 1.3 Million
In Brief
The Inheritor, is thoroughly committed to the needs and duties of the crown and spends considerable time when he isn't studying science to study the affairs of court and the ways of our ancestors, so he might one day be ready to rule. While the Inheritor describes himself as an outdoorsy, athletic type person, when he is inside he is either playing games, reading or learning history, his favorite historical time is that of medieval Europe. Throughout high school and University, has dated a few women. Being on the football team and the Crown Prince, his stoicness had little trouble on that front. However, since graduating, he has grown so tired of the theatrics of modern dating that for the last year, he has abstained from dating. He has chosen now to marry, as he is done with the games of simply dating. The Inheritor is taking this very seriously and has gone through the normal rituals of his ancestors in preparation, mentally and physically preparing himself.
Temperament
Virtues:
1. Ambitious
2. Empathetic & Friendly
3. Loyal, I recall once, when our daughter, Prince Zaira was in the hospital for a tonsillectomy, he stayed with her the entire time. He is stalwart in his relationships in all respects, a true Trojan knight.
4. Adventurous
5. Athletic
6. Pious & Patient, he's learned to give all of his time to those he cares about.

Vices:
1. Anxious.
2. Stubborn, he can get very thick-headed at times, needs to be reminded to let things go.
3. Competitive, he's great if you need him to succeed at something, but can go overboard with winning and making everything a competition.

Hoping For
Well this is the first time that Father has let me write what I want to write to my suitorettess. Good day to anyone considering me! My family has been through a lot over the years, what with... well I'd prefer not to dwell on unpleasant thoughts right now, but someone brimming with joy would be nice, though I'd respect someone who has known hardships, I'm not after innocence, just a healthy optimism and joy. My parent's have tried to give me a pretty...pure life, but it hasn't been perfect. I don't think of myself as a huge partier, but someone who likes to have fun and go adventures would also be swell. I'm big on athleticism and the outdoors, a lot of us in Syagros are, but I do like to chill too, I swear; be ready to run around with me a lot, but sometimes I'll want to just hang out and play some Skyrim or watch a movie, maybe read a book together. Someone presentable, that won't be embarrassing in public would be great too, I am the Crown Prince of the nation after all, I don't think that is too much to ask, if you were raised as a Princess by a respectable family, I kind of expect you to be. My faith is really important to me and I'm sure my father has mentioned this because he has gone through every detail, but it is important to me that whoever I marry respects my faith. I would always respect your faith if it's different, all I ask is the same. Most importantly, I shiver at calling this an arranged married, so someone interested in being the best of friends is a definite must. We all know how the story ends when a King and his Queen hate each other...the heads go a'rolling.
Requirements
- Must be of some royal or noble heritage.
- Must be willing to bear an heir, either by the natural way or adoption.
- Must be unmarried.
Allowances
These are things the Crown Prince would prefer, but needn't be.
- Would like if they lived in Syagros once married but he understands if they can't because of duties in her native land.
- Would like if they knew Anatolian. The Crown Prince is poly-lingual and would make sure to know the language of his own wife, but fluency in Anatolian is attractive. Lessons in it will be offered to the chosen suitor of the Crown Prince, but already knowing it would be impressive.

Prince Europa
Theme Song
Quote: "Of all the crowns we own, none is more critical to my families continued reign than the crown of our people's love & joy. To serve them is to have power."
Biology & Personal
Sex: Female
Usual Titles: Prince
Height: 5'5
Weight: 58.51 Kg (129 Pounds)
Ethnicity: Trojan
University: Alli'Gennom University of Technology & Engineering, Syagros
Hobbies: Clubbing, track, lacrosse, music
In Brief
Prince Europa, despite being younger, was a strong rival for the throne with her brother, Basileus Tōmā IX. Before he was selected as heir by his mother, she was reared in the same way he was, learning all of the lessons she would need to know in case she became the next Basilissa. Due to this training, she would surely be a valuable asset to any reigning monarch lucky enough to call her his wife. Since her brother's ascension to the throne, Prince Europa has spent much of her time in college, studying psychology and nutrition. While Prince Europa is a very dedicated and focused person, she leads the family in the number of surprise parties & raves hosted in the Castle. She has dated a few men over the years and while she isn't tired of the fun, she is tired of bad dates.
Temperament
Virtues:
1. Intelligent
2. Empathetic
3. Fun
4. Passionate
5. Devoted & Industrious

Vices:
1. Energetic (Too-hot-to-handle for some)
2. Passionate (She can get very emotional about subjects she cares about deeply occasionally, both a virtue & a vice)
3. Perfectionist, she can get so focused on something that she stays at it too long.

Hoping For
Wait... I finally get to write to my own suitors now brother? You always were the most talkative one. Good day to anyone reading this! Listen, i'll get right to the point, I'm not looking for some boring old codger, neither a physically old codger or a mentally old codger. I'd like someone who knows how to have fun or is willing to learn. I'm sure by now that my brother and all of the Castle's maids and butler's have warned you about me, but I assure you, I am very focused on my studies and act like a right proper lady in the daylight hours. Your parent's will love me, I assure you. I may party more than my sister Astraea (Check her out boy's, she's cute!) does but I'm not an air headed embarrassment either. I like to go on mission's trips, I usually go to southern Morocco, so I'm a big fan of men-of-the-people types. I recall my nanny telling me the deepest truth that rulers of Syagros all must know: "The crown jewel of the Empire are her people, especially her poorest paupers." I must confess, I am a sucker for corny jokes, so if you want to woo me, consider telling me some bad puns.

Requirements
- Must be of some royal or notable blood; people of heroic, wealthy or celebrity backgrounds are considered notable.
- Should the suitor intend to have Europa live with them in their own country, her safety must be assured.
- Prince Europa is 4th in the line to rule. The suitor must be willing, in case of the gravest emergencies where all others before her are incapable of ruling, to not stop her from ascending to the throne and be willing to sacrifice one of the couples children to be her heir.

Allowances
- Would prefer if the suitor, if chosen, ensure Europa and her twin sister Prince Astraea be able to meet often. She would be pleased if Prince Astraea was given special permission's into the place that they choose to reside together. Her relationship with her twin is very important to her.

Prince Astraea
Theme Song

Quote: "A smart man will choose a smart woman to be smitten with, because he will be smart enough to realize he is not smart enough to survive without her."
Biology & Personal
Sex: Female
Usual Titles: Prince
Height: 5'5
Weight: 65.31 Kg (144 Pounds)
Ethnicity: Trojan
University: Saint Thomas More's, Syagros
Hobbies: reading, philosophy, astronomy, video games, writing
In Brief
Ahh, Prince Astraea, the most reflective and patient of all of the Prince's of House Ðardanexia. That claim does not go unsubstantiated. The "Prince of the pages" as some commoner's call her manages the Castle's entire collection of books. She can often be seeing reading them there, contemplating the deepest of subjects, though she has also been caught daydreaming in the library or playing video games, her favorites are Skyrim, Overwatch, League of Legends and Mega Mash Sisters (A Trojan game). From an early age her mother, Basilissa Sophia II saw that Prince Astraea was not called to the throne. As such, she has lived the most common-like life of the three. Of course, unlike Prince Europa, her twin, she has not chosen to spend her time as a normal person seeking out parties and raves. Prince Astraea has gone to those, but no, her favorite places are the quiet ones, whether she spends her time in the library or deep under the ocean, swimming through the coral reefs of Western Syagros, Prince Astraea is a philosophical, contemplative one. That isn't to say she is a bore, she enjoys deep discussions and playing various games of wit. Prince Astraea is just more difficult to earn the attention of than others. Prince Astraea had one long time boyfriend for a number of years and broke off an engagement after learning of his disdain for her family, Prince Astraea's family is her most precious joy in life so this was unacceptable to her. After devoting much of life to studying, she has chosen now to consider a proper suitor.
Temperament
Virtues:
1. Learned, a great asset to those unskilled in certain subjects. Prince Astraea is most learned in mathematics, management, philosophy and oceanography.
2. Family-oriented
3. Loving
4. Romantic
5. Shy

Vices:
1. Might be too smart, not fantastic with new people.
2. Shy

Hoping For
I should really throw my brother off the Castle wall's for making me listen as he wrote down what he was going to tell my suitors and allotting me so small a space to speak to you all personally. Look, I am interested in meeting the right guy. But kindly stop give up if you don't love my family, we're a package deal. I went through that whole rigmarole once, I don't want to do it again. But where was I, before I was saying all that? Oh yes. I'm interested in meeting the right guy. I'd love to be swept off of my feet, fall in love and live in a big beautiful palace with a big beautiful library. No, I'm not a shut-in, I do get out. But whoever is reading this should think that seeking knowledge is so much more worthwhile in life than seeking any other kind of power. I am now being told I've talked too much, excuse me gentlemen while I rip my eldest brother's ear off. Oh and if even one suitor dares to ask if they have to like Europa as well, the answer is a strong yes! I mean, not in that way, you should only like me in that way, just get along with her.
Requirements
- Must be of respectable stock, royal or notable is preferred, but she is open to a commoner from a good family as Prince Astraea is not in the immediate line of succession to the throne.
- Must be family-oriented.
- Must be interested in a serious relationship.

Allowances
- As Prince Europa said, Astraea would also strongly prefer if she is able to see her sister on a regular basis and it be assured they could see each other easily. It is essential for their happiness.
- Prince Astraea appreciates the brain so would like it if her favored suitor also enjoy feats of the mind.

Code: Select all
Letter of Interest
Ðardanexia Interested In:
Name of suitor/suitorette:
A Quote of the Suitors?: ""
[img][/img]
Nation:
Titles:
House:
Are they a Ruler?:
Are they Inheriting?:
Height:
Weight:
Faith:
Ethnicity:
Nationality:
Species:
Hobbies:
Occupation?:
In Brief:

Reason For Interest:

Do you accept all of the requirements for the Ðardanexia you are intending to court?:

Overview Factbook|Emperor Vulcan saō Ðardanexia IX|Embassy Programme|Vis En Frites Seafood Restaurant Chain
|Intersectional Feminist|Environmentalist|White For Black Lives|Social Democrat|
Nationstates Stats & Policies are not Canon. The nation is called Syagros. Call the people Syagrots or Trojans.

The Burke Islands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Burke Islands » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:58 pm

Letter of Interest
Ðardanexia Interested In: Prince Astrea
Name of suitor/suitorette: Rosk Armfeldt
Theme
A Quote of the Suitors?: “The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.”

Nation: The Burke Islands
Titles: Are abolished by the Burkish constitution.
House: Armfeldt
Are they a Ruler?: No
Are they Inheriting?: Yes, he will inherit his family’s ancestral home, Vythyamore (English: Wailingwood), a 14th century castle built in the Grár Mountains.
Height: 6’4
Weight: 190
Faith: Roman Catholicism
Ethnicity: Burkish, Norse, French, Irish
Nationality: Burke Islander
Species: Human
Hobbies: martial arts, cycling, video games, writing, hunting, fishing, hiking
Occupation?: Journalist, writer
In Brief: The great-grandson of General Léon Armfeldt, a Burkish officer that served briefly in the Imperial Burkish Army before being dishonorably discharged for arguing with the Emperor and later being executed by the Arstassi after the Devaux Uprising, and the son of Lee Armfeldt, the Empire’s Northern Burcean advisor, Rosk felt from an early age that he had a lot to live up to. After being barred entrance into the Army for asthma problems, he chose a career in journalism and embedded with combat units during the North Hess War, publishing notable works highlighting the plight of North Hess civilians caught in the crossfire, resulting in extensive charity efforts to help. He continues his work by being at the forefront of every major news story in the Western Trojan Empire, seeking to bring the truth to the limelight and to uproot corruption and treachery.

Reason For Interest: After having been cheated on by his girlfriend of 8 years, and being an only child with his only family being his father, Rosk wishes nothing more than to have close and loving individuals. He has heard of the Wise Prince’s family-oriented values, intelligence, and interest in a serious relationship, and figures that he has nothing to lose by courting her.

Do you accept all of the requirements for the Ðardanexia you are intending to court?: Yes
Last edited by The Burke Islands on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
❤️~Remember, no one will ever be able to hate you more than you already hate yourself~❤️

Wochaystein
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Wochaystein » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:05 pm

Letter of Interest
Ðardanexia Interested In: Prince Astraea Ruth
Name of suitor/suitorette: Prince Hannes Romilda
Theme Song
A Quote of the Suitors?: "The unfortunate past of our ancestors is a fascinating subject. So many perspectives to look at. So many things to learn."

Nation: Diarcesia (Wochaystein)
Titles: Crown Prince Imperial
House: Garver
Are they Inheriting?: Yes. Heir to the Holy Empire of Wochaystein
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 141 lbs
Faith: Christianity (Church of Wochaystein)
Ethnicity: German
Nationality: Diarcesian (Wochaysteiner)
Species: Homo sapiens
Hobbies: Reading, blackletter calligraphy, hedgehogs
Occupation?: Historian and archaeologist
In Brief: Since the 19th century when House Garver began its sacred duty at the throne of Wochaystein, the Kaisers it produced have steadfastly maintained their traditions and codes. The heir apparent, Hannes Romilda, senses that change is coming to the land. Yes, its pace may be slow, but it comes nevertheless. He has taken it upon himself to prepare for the role he has been groomed for: to lead by their history, leading to the future.

The Crown Prince completed his education at the Panepistimium Hylvobrigian and is a personal friend of the Monarch Diarcesian Phlegomy, with whom he has regular correspondence over a variety of topics.

Reason For Interest: Crown Prince Hannes Romilda was originally slated to marry a scion of the House of Arkess at the capital of Diarcesia. However, he vehemently voiced his objection to his father over seeming incompatibilities between him and the wife-to-be; they just didn't get along from the moment their eyes met. After his father Kaiser Hannes II Rochus relented, the heir mentioned the name of Prince Astraea Ruth Ðardanexia. He explained that they seemed to be of similar temperament and would like to know her better. Moreover, Hannes Romilda added, the Syagrots have cultural similarities with the Old Diarcesians, and that Prince Astarea's principles shouldn't be too much of a problem, either.

Do you accept all of the requirements for the Ðardanexia you are intending to court?: Yes
Dieresis of Diarcesia
The Cities of the Holy Empire of Wochaystein
Zuidren | Krofen | Fischen | Tien | Tendorf

AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby AquilaJordyn » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:42 pm

From The Desk Of The Scribe For Her Wiseness, Prince Astraea Ruth Ðardanexia

To the honorable Rosk Armfeldt, of The Burke Islands her wiseness, Prince Astraea, wishes to have me tell you how much she admires the work you do, that your father, Minister Lee Armfeldt, has served the Empire well and she sees you serving the Empire well as well, by serving the needs and interests of the Burkish people on the North Hess Isles. Undoubtedly to her wiseness, you are on the Empire's finest citizens, her wiseness finds you to be a splendid man. I also have the duty of informing you on behalf of Prince Astraea, after much reflection and prayer, her wiseness has decided that it would be best for her to not pursue a relationship with you. Her wiseness wanted me to let you know that she thinks you are an honorable and delightful person, but she is not sure that you are right for her. Her stoicness wishes to have me extend to you her best in all of pursuits in life.

Signed, Prince Astraea Ruth Ðardanexia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From The Desk Of The Scribe For Her Wiseness, Prince Astraea Ruth Ðardanexia

To the Crown Prince Imperial of all of Wochaystein Hannes Romilda,

On behalf of her wiseness, Prince Astraea Ðardanexia, I have been tasked with informing you that her wiseness finds you a very interesting suitor, she wished me to quote her as having said: "Being the one student in College who the Professor bow's to and call's their "Wiseness" and having the last name that I do, it does not take much imagination for one to think that I must have had my fair share of suitors confessing their 'love' to me from below my balcony window only to find out we have next to nothing in common. If such is your imagination, then your imagination correlates to reality. Rarely is it that I am faced with the task of considering a suitor that interests me as greatly as you do Crown Prince... might I call you Hannes? I do hope you do not think me forgetting my manners, I simply mean to be more personal with you. Regardless, rarely is it that I am faced with the task of considering a suitor that interests me as greatly as you do Hannes. Thank you for your interest, it is flattering."

I also thus have the pleasure to inform you, your majesty, that her wiseness has chosen to have you as one of her full time suitors, you are thus an official candidate for Prince Astraea's hand. As we are sure your majesty can imagine, this is the most difficult and delicate decision for her wiseness and her wiseness is called such for good reason, so she has chosen to be wise and wait for all interested parties to step forward for her hand. If there are no other interested parties, then after a reasonable amount of time in waiting, her wiseness solemnly swears to declare you the victor of her hand. Though, her wiseness has asked me to remind you that an ember untended will never become a fire, so in the meantime while she considers all her suitors, she recommends that the two of you meet to get to know each other better.

Signed, Prince Astraea Ruth Ðardanexia
Overview Factbook|Emperor Vulcan saō Ðardanexia IX|Embassy Programme|Vis En Frites Seafood Restaurant Chain
|Intersectional Feminist|Environmentalist|White For Black Lives|Social Democrat|
Nationstates Stats & Policies are not Canon. The nation is called Syagros. Call the people Syagrots or Trojans.

Wochaystein
Chargé d'Affaires

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Wochaystein » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 pm

To the Prince Astraea Ruth Ðardanexia,
Your Wiseness, or if it pleases you, Astraea, I am humbled and honored with your interest and in considering me for your hand. My family and the household of the Palace call me Romilda (to distinguish me from my father, the Kaiser Hannes Rochus, may God bless his reign), and I don't mind it if you call me the same. I appreciate the candor given.

I seek to make the proper introductions to you and your family in Syagros, and I look forward to be in your presence and make more acquaintance with you. Who knows what the future holds?

Your Wiseness, you may notice some pieces of paper as you remove this letter from the envelope. The first is the details of the travel arrangements made for me and some of my household to Syagros. And the second is something I wish for you to have, as something to remember me by.

Yours,
Hannes Romilda Garver

(OOC: In the parchment with blackletter calligrahy is written: "Patience Begets Great Insight")
Dieresis of Diarcesia

Freistaat Hannover
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Freistaat Hannover » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Letter of Interest
Ðardanexia Interested In: Prince Europa
Name of suitor: Prinz Georg, Herzog von Lüneburg, Graf von Celle, Earl of Armagh, Earl of Gosford (Georg Friedrich Joseph Karl Alexander von Hannover / George Frederick Joseph Charles Alexander of Hannover)
Marsch der Hannoverschen Artillerie
A Quote of the Suitors?: "Die Engländer können ihre Blättchen schreiben, und die Franzosen können so laut schreien bis ganz Frankreich keine stimme mehr hat, aber jeder der es wagt meine Kompanie bei ihren königlichen Aufträgen zu stören wird spuren müssen daß die Hannoversche Infanterie es ernst meint."

("The English can write their magazines, and the French can shout and shout until the whole of France has no voice left, but anybody who dares to disturb my company in their objectives will have to notice that the Hannoverian infantry are very stern and serious")

- Prinz Georg, shortly before the Hannoverian advances on the fortlines around the city of Antwerp

Nation: The Elective Monarchy of the Free State of Hannover
Titles: Prince of Hannover, Duke of Lüneburg, earl of Celle, earl of Armagh, earl of Gosford,
House: Hannover
Are they a Ruler?: No.
Are they Inheriting?: No.
Height: 1.87m
Weight: 83kg
Faith: Lutheranism
Nationality: Hannoverian
Hobbies: Association Football / Soccer (European), Engineering, technology, automobiles, history.
Occupation: Serving as a Major (Company commander) in the "Cäsarkompanie", Infanteriebataillon 15, 3. Panzerinfanterieregiment "Prinz von Calenberg" in Cuxhaven.
In Brief: A Hannoverian army officer of 27, fixated on his military career and defence of the fatherland. Prinz Georg is the oldest son of the last king, king Georg VIII of Hannover. Prinz Georg, in his militaristic and nationalistic political affiliation and his fierce rhetoric, as well as natural charisma, seemed to be a favourite for the nobles tasked with electing the next king of Hannover. He seemed to be the ideal prince to coronate, but then he openly announced that he'd rather focus on his military career and that he felt that the tremendously difficult and complicated tasks would be too demanding. He wouldn't be able to continue what he loved to do, to do what he was raised to do: to protect the fatherland.

Reason For Interest: Nobles backing the current king found it important to extend the might of the family internationally, and have proposed to seek up relations with Syagros, as having it as an ally would be incredible for the noble classes of the Wahlmonarchie.

Do you accept all of the requirements for the Ðardanexia you are intending to court?: Yes.
The Elective Monarchy of the Free State of Hannover
Gott schütze den König!
Die Königswahlmonarchie des Freistaats Hannover

Lesser Bavaria
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lesser Bavaria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 pm

Letter of Interest

Ðardanexia Interested In: Europa
Name of suitor/suitorette: Crown Prince Marko Krahl
Theme Music?
A Quote of the Suitors?: "I will never judge a man by the size of his home or the prestige of his house. Courage and Honor are the mark of a Noble."
Nation: Lesser Bavaria
Titles: Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Lesser Bavaria, Master of the Horse of the Kingdom of Lesser Bavaria, High Almoner of the Kingdom of Lesser Bavaria, Master of the Horse of the Duchy of Terstein, Mayor of the Village of Trokirchen
House: Krahl-Terstein (Formally)
Are they a Ruler?: Yes (of the Village of Trokirchen
Are they Inheriting?: Yes (The Kingdom of Lesser Bavaria
Height: 6'1
Weight: 192 lbs
Faith: Roman Catholic
Ethnicity: Lesser Bavarian (Southern Germanic)
Nationality: Lesser Bavarian
Hobbies: Horseback Riding, Archery, Hunting, Judo and Mountaineering
Occupation?: Crown Prince | Mayor
In Brief: Marko is the heir to the throne of Lesser Bavaria. He attended the Royal Academy of Lesser Bavaria, the most prestigious educational institution in the Nation. He is an honorable and beloved man throughout Lesser Bavaria and is his fathers favorite. He believes in the Divine Right of Kings. Marko is 26 years old and lacks either a wife or a child and thus his brother Bruno is next in line for the throne. For selfish reasons Marko has been convinced that it is finally time to marry and begin rearing children, particularly a male heir.

He is literate and fluent in Latin, French, Spanish, Russian, Camelonean Gaelic, Selkie and his native Lesser Bavarian. He notably broke off from an earlier engagement when he was sixteen and has been a picky suitor since then.

Reason For Interest: The decision to marry was not Marko's to make, but he was given the freedom to court those of suitable birth. He has chosen to court Europa (whereas his family believes he should court Astraea). He is interested in Europa on account of her hobbies revolving around physical fitness, something he can understand. He is also nonetheless attracted by her free personality.

Last edited by Lesser Bavaria on Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 pm

(Tag for later)
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby AquilaJordyn » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Wochaystein wrote:To the Prince Astraea Ruth Ðardanexia,
Your Wiseness, or if it pleases you, Astraea, I am humbled and honored with your interest and in considering me for your hand. My family and the household of the Palace call me Romilda (to distinguish me from my father, the Kaiser Hannes Rochus, may God bless his reign), and I don't mind it if you call me the same. I appreciate the candor given.

I seek to make the proper introductions to you and your family in Syagros, and I look forward to be in your presence and make more acquaintance with you. Who knows what the future holds?

Your Wiseness, you may notice some pieces of paper as you remove this letter from the envelope. The first is the details of the travel arrangements made for me and some of my household to Syagros. And the second is something I wish for you to have, as something to remember me by.

Yours,
Hannes Romilda Garver

(OOC: In the parchment with blackletter calligraphy is written: "Patience Begets Great Insight")

To Crown Prince Romilda,
It is wonderful to meet a man who is willing to so quickly come to get to know me; but more importantly, my family and my nation. I am positive that you will enjoy your time here with me and if I were to wager, I would guess that your household will be very, very grateful that you brought them along. One of the boons of living in Syagros is that because we have tourists crawling all over the place, there is a lot to do. I know that you are passionate about History & Archaeology, yes? Well, one of our finest cities, Turnoch, has this wonderful museum funded by my family called "The Imperial Caithania Museum of All History."most people just call it "The Cait" It's our nation's finest museum, funded by my family since my Great Great Grandmother Basilissa Caitha II founded it. The Cait contains exhibits to a plethora of exhibits for a simply enormous times in history, ranging from 20th century America to the Dinosaur exhibit and the largest exhibit, that one which is devoted to medieval Europe with a focus on Syagros, the museum is enormous. In preparation for your coming, I've talked to the Arch Curator and asked them a special favor. They agreed to include an exclusive exhibit on the entire joint history of medieval Syagros & Wochaystein and they've even promised to include two pieces of fine vellum documenting each of our families members, our families tree's, up to the year 1324, when the two documents were created. I'm sure you can inform me about your family that way, I know that I have quite a few stories to tell. I am also very interested in seeing the dress's of Syagrot royals' who married Wochaysteinian nobles, I'd like to know what to wear, just in case.

Thank you so much for your calligraphy. I showed my sisters Gwendolyn & Europa. Neither of them could believe how beautifully done it was, not to mention how jealous they were. But honestly what I loved most about it is that it was a simple, heartfelt gift. I've received enough gold in my life from suitors, so I am honestly relieved to receive something that took heart to give me. I love the quote "Patience Begets Great Insight" so much that I had the Castle's resident Artist who spends their time creating and preserving art for our family to frame it properly and put it somewhere everyone, including the people can see. He's elected to hang your calligraphy above the fireplace in the Castle's Library, which is open to the public. The children of Triton often go there in their classes to read with me and our nation's Historians scour the libraries shelves often to look for forgotten treasures of history. It's a 1,200 year old library after all. Though it's hardly the largest, the largest is at The Palace Of Pandarus at Hektor, which is my families ancient residence, but we generally live in the Castle Sarpedon in Triton. That library is 3,000 years old, the only surviving ancient library. If you're interested in the history of Rome, Egypt, Phoenicia, Babylon, Persia... or of course Syagros, even though that library is under-lock-and-key, open only to Imperial family members, I am sure I can grant you access. You'll just have to hang out with me while your there. We can't have you getting lost in its labyrinthine halls. There are so many things we can do here.

Yours too, Astraea

Freistaat Hannover wrote:Letter of Interest
Name of suitor: Prinz Georg, Herzog von Lüneburg, Graf von Celle, Earl of Armagh, Earl of Gosford (Georg Friedrich Joseph Karl Alexander von Hannover / George Frederick Joseph Charles Alexander of Hannover)
Marsch der Hannoverschen Artillerie
A Quote of the Suitors?: "Die Engländer können ihre Blättchen schreiben, und die Franzosen können so laut schreien bis ganz Frankreich keine stimme mehr hat, aber jeder der es wagt meine Kompanie bei ihren königlichen Aufträgen zu stören wird spuren müssen daß die Hannoversche Infanterie es ernst meint."

("The English can write their magazines, and the French can shout and shout until the whole of France has no voice left, but anybody who dares to disturb my company in their objectives will have to notice that the Hannoverian infantry are very stern and serious")

- Prinz Georg, shortly before the Hannoverian advances on the fortlines around the city of Antwerp

Nation: The Elective Monarchy of the Free State of Hannover
Titles: Prince of Hannover, Duke of Lüneburg, earl of Celle, earl of Armagh, earl of Gosford,
House: Hannover
Are they Inheriting?: No.
Height: 1.87m
Weight: 83kg
Faith: Lutheranism
Nationality: Hannoverian
Hobbies: Association Football / Soccer (European), Engineering, technology, automobiles, history.
Occupation: Serving as a Major (Company commander) in the "Cäsarkompanie", Infanteriebataillon 15, 3. Panzerinfanterieregiment "Prinz von Calenberg" in Cuxhaven.
In Brief: A Hannoverian army officer of 27, fixated on his military career and defence of the fatherland. Prinz Georg is the oldest son of the last king, king Georg VIII of Hannover. Prinz Georg, in his militaristic and nationalistic political affiliation and his fierce rhetoric, as well as natural charisma, seemed to be a favourite for the nobles tasked with electing the next king of Hannover. He seemed to be the ideal prince to coronate, but then he openly announced that he'd rather focus on his military career and that he felt that the tremendously difficult and complicated tasks would be too demanding. He wouldn't be able to continue what he loved to do, to do what he was raised to do: to protect the fatherland.

Reason For Interest: Nobles backing the current king found it important to extend the might of the family internationally, and have proposed to seek up relations with Syagros, as having it as an ally would be incredible for the noble classes of the Wahlmonarchie.

Do you accept all of the requirements for the Ðardanexia you are intending to court?: Yes.

To his majesty, Prinz George of Hannover,
Originally when I was reading your letter to me, seeking my hand, I thought that I would like to know more about you before I make a decision about you. As interested as I am in your military career, I know nothing about you as a person. Not that it matters now, because I simply was turned off by your stated reason of interest. You seek me because the Nobles wish you to do so? I am not the key to any alliance. For my own family, while we consider the marriages we have as signs of alliance between great nations, that marriage has to be built on love and respect. I simply cannot fathom the idea of marrying a man for Syagros's sake. I would die for Syagros, so the reason I would not do that is not that I do not love my country enough, but that my nation will be much better served having a Prince in me that is in a happy marriage, married to a man I have a belief in to do what is right. For the future, all of the daughters of Dardanus aren't interested in purely political marriages. Politics has its place, but fortunately, my brother puts love above politics. I wish you all the best in your pursuit of a wife, but I am unfortunately not the answer you seek.

Respectfully, Prince Europa.

Lesser Bavaria wrote:Letter of Interest
Name of suitor/suitorette: Crown Prince Marko Krahl
Theme Music?
A Quote of the Suitors?: "I will never judge a man by the size of his home or the prestige of his house. Courage and Honor are the mark of a Noble."
Nation: Lesser Bavaria
Titles: Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Lesser Bavaria, Master of the Horse of the Kingdom of Lesser Bavaria, High Almoner of the Kingdom of Lesser Bavaria, Master of the Horse of the Duchy of Terstein, Mayor of the Village of Trokirchen
House: Krahl-Terstein (Formally)
Are they a Ruler?: Yes (of the Village of Trokirchen
Are they Inheriting?: Yes (The Kingdom of Lesser Bavaria
Height: 6'1
Weight: 192 lbs
Faith: Roman Catholic
Ethnicity: Lesser Bavarian (Southern Germanic)
Nationality: Lesser Bavarian
Hobbies: Horseback Riding, Archery, Hunting, Judo and Mountaineering
Occupation?: Crown Prince | Mayor
In Brief: Marko is the heir to the throne of Lesser Bavaria. He attended the Royal Academy of Lesser Bavaria, the most prestigious educational institution in the Nation. He is an honorable and beloved man throughout Lesser Bavaria and is his fathers favorite. He believes in the Divine Right of Kings. Marko is 26 years old and lacks either a wife or a child and thus his brother Bruno is next in line for the throne. For selfish reasons Marko has been convinced that it is finally time to marry and begin rearing children, particularly a male heir.

He speaks literate and fluent in Latin, French, Spanish, Russian, Camelonean Gaelic, Selkie and his native Lesser Bavarian. He notably broke off from an earlier engagement when he was sixteen and has been a picky suitor since then.

Reason For Interest: The decision to marry was not Marko's to make, but he was given the freedom to court those of suitable birth. He has chosen to court Europa (whereas his family believes he should court Astraea). He is interested in Europa on account of her hobbies revolving around physical fitness, something he can understand. He is also nonetheless attracted by her free personality.

To the handsome Crown Prince Marko,

I was struck in your letter to me by your sense of duty, as you said that you were concerned about the future of your Kingdom and producing an heir. I can respect your claim to divine right rule and I assure you, should we marry, I am willing and able to be a mother to our children, I must admit I have been thinking about rearing children more and more myself. It pleases me greatly that you are pursuing me because you like me, rather than because it is expected of you and it pleases me greatly that you appreciate my free spirit; I am hardly interested in meeting a man who is interested only in boring women who stay at home all day. I would like to tell you that I am seriously considering your offer, you may consider yourself one of my favorite suitors. I would like to give all houses a chance to present a suitor to me before I make any kind of decision, but in the meantime, why don't we get to know each other. I planned out a trip for us to the Beor Mountains, the tallest mountain range on earth for us. They are a lush, geographically unique mountain range here. Below the tree line of the Mountains, you can find all sorts of curious oddities, ranging from Lemurs to natural hot springs. The middle of the higher mountains can get rather desert like, with a few reptiles and hardy trees but not much else besides steep cliffs perfect for climbing and finding ancient temples to the ancient Trojan goddess of Chaos & Mountains, Lyra. The top of the highest mountain, Mount Areia, standing at over 30,000 feet is one of the only places in Syagros you can find real snow. I was thinking we could go on an excursion to the lower parts of Areia, mountaineering on horseback. I'd like to go hunting with you, perhaps you can teach me Archery? There are lots of interesting beasts up there to hunt, so I'm sure it'll be fun, I just ask we don't go on a Lemur hunt or god-forbid shoot an Eagle, as the first are considered national treasures and the latter is our national animal. Though if I have an especially fun time with you, I might convince one of the Game Wardens to let you keep a Lemur as a token of our relationship, a few of the species make suitable house pets, even if they're not of much use outside of their entertaining nature. We have fine horses here right for the purpose, or you could of course bring your own steed. I would of course like to visit your own country, especially the village of Trokirchen. You can tell a lot about a man by how happy his people are, besides If I am to one day be a Queen to the Lesser Bavarians, I'd like to be able to learn more about the least of them.

I also wanted to tell you, I quite enjoyed that quote you shared with me, I could not agree more with your words. I cannot wait to meet you Crown Prince.

Signed- Her Goodness, Prince Europa Atalanta Ðardanexia

Neureich am Fischbach
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neureich am Fischbach » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:48 am

Letter of Interest
Name of suitor: Albert Garamond
[url]Theme Song?[/url]
A Quote of the Suitors?: "An officer of the state must be both a realist and an idealist, to perceive the world as it really is, and to imagine how it can be. Only then can progress towards justice be made. "

Nation: Neureich
Titles: Hereditary Count Garamond (traditional and not officially recognized)
House: Garamond of New Kent
Are they a Ruler?:no
Are they Inheriting?: Yes and no, (Neureich's leadership is not hereditary but his father his a Regent and the most likely successor. He is heir to the headship of the house, which has political importance)
Height:1.84 m
Weight: 80 kg
Faith: Secularist, but not devoted
Ethnicity: Anglo-German
Nationality:Neureicher
Hobbies: Travel, watercolors, writing, philosophy
Occupation?: Politician, Military Officer, Civil Servant
In Brief: His father has groomed him from birth to take a leading role in government. His main support in politics come from the monarchist faction, of which his family are traditional leaders.

Reason For Interest: Besides his father's interest in increasing their family's stature through an alliance with such an illustrious family, Albert sees Europa as the ideal partner, well connected, intelligent, with a fun side that isn't out of control.

Do you accept all of the requirements for the Ðardanexia you are intending to court?:
Yes

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:51 pm

By "are they inheriting?", what do you mean? Am I supposed to tell you what title(s) he/she will get once his/her parents die? Also, is there a minimum age? Marriage age is low (14) in Amenria, so I'd like to know how old applicants should be.
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby AquilaJordyn » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Neureich am Fischbach wrote:Letter of Interest
Name of suitor: Albert Garamond
[url]Theme Song?[/url]
A Quote of the Suitors?: "An officer of the state must be both a realist and an idealist, to perceive the world as it really is, and to imagine how it can be. Only then can progress towards justice be made. "

Nation: Neureich
Titles: Hereditary Count Garamond (traditional and not officially recognized)
House: Garamond of New Kent
Are they a Ruler?:no
Are they Inheriting?: Yes and no, (Neureich's leadership is not hereditary but his father his a Regent and the most likely successor. He is heir to the headship of the house, which has political importance)
Height:1.84 m
Weight: 80 kg
Faith: Secularist, but not devoted
Ethnicity: Anglo-German
Nationality: Neureicher
Hobbies: Travel, watercolors, writing, philosophy
Occupation?: Politician, Military Officer, Civil Servant
In Brief: His father has groomed him from birth to take a leading role in government. His main support in politics come from the monarchist faction, of which his family are traditional leaders.

Reason For Interest: Besides his father's interest in increasing their family's stature through an alliance with such an illustrious family, Albert sees Europa as the ideal partner, well connected, intelligent, with a fun side that isn't out of control.

Yes

To Count Albert Garamond,

On behalf of her goodness, Prince Europa of Syagros, I wish to extend to you our warmest greetings and congratulations. The Prince has decided to accept you as a suitor. She was pleased to hear you come from a respectable family and of your reasons for courting her. While this does not constitute a decision on whether to marry you or not, it does put you in the running. When the Prince feels she has considered enough suitors, she will give her decision to all of you. In the meantime, her goodness would hope to get to know you better, as she takes the time to spend time with all of her suitors.

-From the desk of her goodness, Prince Europa Atalanta Ðardanexia

A m e n r i a wrote:By "are they inheriting?", what do you mean? Am I supposed to tell you what title(s) he/she will get once his/her parents die? Also, is there a minimum age? Marriage age is low (14) in Amenria, so I'd like to know how old applicants should be.

OOC:

Inheriting means that when their parent dies, they'll get the parent's primary title, they're the crown prince/princess of the Kingdom, they're the next ruler. The question pertains to applicants that will succeed their parents when they die. It is concerned with whether or not the applicant is the parent's successor.

Applications should definitely not be below the age of 18, that's the age of consent to marriage in Syagros.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:16 am

Okay, thanks for clarifying. The app below is for one person, I put in two names because one is her Chinese name and the other is her Indonesian name.

Letter of Interest
Ðardanexia Interested In: Vulcan
Name of suitor/suitorette: Ma Ying Yue/Laila Ramadhan
Cosmic Girls - Dreams Come True
A Quote of the Suitors?: "With the right dose and the right ingredients, even mighty dragons can be poisoned. Everything has a weakness and every problem has a solution."
Nation: Empire of Amenria
Titles: Baroness of the Ramadhan Family, Warrant Officer
House: Ramadhan Family
Are they Inheriting?: No
Height: 172 cm
Weight: 50 kg
Faith: Sunni Islam
Ethnicity: 50% Han, 25% Sundanese, 12.5% Bugis, 12.5% Betawi
Nationality: Amenrian
Species: Human-Celestial hybrid
Hobbies: Gymnastics, dance, marital arts, poetry, caligraphy
Occupation?: Toxicologist, superheroine
In Brief: As a superheroine, Ying Yue managed to save many lives with minimal collateral damage, an outstanding feat amongst those in that line of work, thanks to her more subversive methods. When she isn't helping people by fighting villains, she does so by making antidotes for various toxins and even pulling poisons out of people directly with her powers on occassion. Like her sisters, she also does volunteer work, keeping true to Amenria's Islamic ideological aspects.

Ying Yue is used to luxury, being born and raised in the Imperial Harem, though she has spent some time living a less glamorous life since college.

Reason For Interest: Ying Yue is bored with the men of her Earth and would like to date someone from a different universe. She's also had a thing for hot-blooded, warrior-type men for a long time.

Do you accept all of the requirements for the Ðardanexia you are intending to court?: Yes, except for the last two for now.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Freistaat Hannover
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Freistaat Hannover » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:22 am

Georg of Hannover quietly moved around in his room. His regiment had been ordered to move up to the city of Stade for a military exercise, and the major was only getting used to how sloppily things were organised. He'd been tasked with coordinating his three platoon, which, being an officer in command of a mechanised infantry company is difficult enough without any setbacks, but his battalion was tasked with supporting Holstinian troops that seriously lacked equipment and expertise. There was no language barrier, and the soldiers could easily work with one another, but the differences in organisation were extraordinary.

Firstly, the Holstinian rank system was all over the place. Lieutenant-Colonels acted as the officers in command for companies, while battalions and regiments were merged into "regiments", which made receiving orders difficult and strongly decreased an officer's flexibility. Secondly, The free state of Hannover had been trained with the British army for centuries, ever since king Georg I sailed over to England. This meant that the Hannoverian armies were extremely "un-German", in their equipment, military jargon, and specifically organisation. For instance: Hannoverian armies "named" their guard companies, such as "Prinz von Wales" or "Herzog von Braunschweig", and gave their companies of regular troops phonetic names, such as "Anton", "Cäsar" or "Friedrich".

All of these thoughts circled around Prinz Georg's mind, always trying to find the best and easiest solution to whatever problem arose or could arise, trying to appease both his own officers and the Holstinian ones. The friendship between Holstein and the free state of Hannover was a precious one, and, if sabotaged, could neatly open up a flank for the Prussian armies to try and spearhead through the other German states, as they had tried several times the last 200 years.

Georg heard a knock on his door. He looked up in surprise. He answered: "Herein." in a calm and controlled way, which basically meant "Come in".

A trooper stepped in, carrying a sealed letter. The prince inspected his clothing. His corps colours were bright yellow, which meant that he was part of the army telecommunications corps. He looked visually tired, and it was highly unusual for a member of the telecommunications corps to be delivering telegrams and letters. Normally, personal batmen and assistants would complete these tasks, and letters that had to be distributed to the enlisted men were normally distributed by an NCO. Stunned by the presence of the soldier, which was a Gefreiter, or corporal, the major stared at him, expecting him to stand at attention and state his presence.

The corporal clacked the heels of his long black boots and stood straight, with the letter in his right hand. "Gefreiter Brösler der Karl-Kompanie, 3. Fernmelde-batallion möchte den Major eine Nachricht überteilen." Prinz Georg, who was the youngest company commander in the entire armed forces at a whopping 27 years of age, didn't look much older than the corporal, whose behaviour was very sloppy. Georg listened to what he had to say, and understood that the corporal named Brößler had been ordered to give him a letter. Again, this is very unusual, and normally not something that the telecommunications corps would be doing. Georg retrieved the letter and thanked the corporal before telling him that he was dismissed. With great suspicion, he got behind his desk, and carefully opened the envelope.

To his majesty, Prinz George of Hannover,
Originally when I was reading your letter to me, seeking my hand, I thought that I would like to know more about you before I make a decision about you. As interested as I am in your military career, I know nothing about you as a person. Not that it matters now, because I simply was turned off by your stated reason of interest. You seek me because the Nobles wish you to do so? I am not the key to any alliance. For my own family, while we consider the marriages we have as signs of alliance between great nations, that marriage has to be built on love and respect. I simply cannot fathom the idea of marrying a man for Syagros's sake. I would die for Syagros, so the reason I would not do that is not that I do not love my country enough, but that my nation will be much better served having a Prince in me that is in a happy marriage, married to a man I have a belief in to do what is right. For the future, all of the daughters of Dardanus aren't interested in purely political marriages. Politics has its place, but fortunately, my brother puts love above politics. I wish you all the best in your pursuit of a wife, but I am unfortunately not the answer you seek.

Respectfully, Prince Europa.

After reading the letter in its entirety, the prince smirked, and carefully stashed it in one of the drawers under his desk. He requested that a First Lieutenant named Mörße come visit his office, mostly because Oberleutnant Mörße could speak English very well, and Georg wanted to impress Prince Europa. And so, prinz Georg started drafting a letter:

To her goodness prince Europa of Syagros,

Your goodness, thank you very much for the letter that you have sent me. It has only reached me now, as my unit has [ZENSIERT]*. It has therefore taken me a while to respond to you, for which I am very sorry. I have attached to this letter of mine a picture of myself, as I have been informed that you have not yet received any real personal information about me. I wholeheartedly apologize. I feel responsable for the fact that precious time of your goodness's has been wasted by [ZENSIERT]. No noblemen have any influence on this letter, and every single word your goodness reads is from the bottom of my heart and my heart only, translated by a dear friend that speaks your goodness's language a tad bit better than I do. I feel that the letter that was first sent to you does not represent me, and that the [ZENSIERT]. It was not my intention, and I presume not the intention of the aristocracy, to insult or offend your goodness, but I feel that no guilt can be transcribed on the noblemen of Hannover. Yes, they sent the first letter, but I am the one to blame, as I volunteered to be used as a pawn for international politics and diplomacy. A move that I regret now, to be frank with you.

I strongly admired your goodness's ability to stand up for your morals. I, too, support the notion that a marriage should be based on love and consent, not politics and powerplay. This being said, I cannot openly say that I want your goodness's hand in marriage, or that I would be interested in marriage right away. I've still got my career, and my hobbies, but I do feel that I agree with most of what you have written to me in the past, and perhaps we could speak about it in the future?

To end my letter, I would like to adress the problem of the [ZENSIERT]. Their position in national politics over here is astounding, and I feel that letters that you send to me might be interscepted by the [ZENSIERT]. My writings and letters to you will most likely not be seen by the [ZENSIERT], but it might be so that they would find your goodness's letters and censor them, and the [ZENSIERT] have a far stricter form of [ZENSIERT] than the army.

I am sorry that this letter wasn't cheerful or jovial, but the words written were honest and came from the bottom of my heart. I hope that this letter finds you well, and that you might write back to me, so that I have something that feels like mine, in this kingdom where most is [ZENSIERT]

Yours faithfully,

Prinz Georg of Hannover, Duke of Lüneburg, Count of Celle, Earl of Armagh, Earl of Gosford

Georg looked through his files, and found two pictures. An old picture that was in his official documents. He felt comfortable to share the picture with prince Europa, as other pictures weren't so suitable, and mostly showed him posing next to destroyed equipment or occupied Flemish cities. Aside from some old military pictures, major von Hannover found an old picture in which he wore civilian attire. To show that there was yet another side to him than only his military carreer, he decided to send that as well.
The Prince sighed, and looked over to Oberleutnant Mörße, who seemed to be very tired. The prince warmly thanked him, escorted the lieutenant out of his office and immediately left to get the letter posted.

(OOC*= ZENSIERT = "CENSORED", which indicates that the Hannoverian army has censored some words. If this form of writing sucks, then I'll be happy to correct the letter so that it's easier to read.)
Gott schütze den König!

Neureich am Fischbach
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neureich am Fischbach » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:02 am

Albert reacted to the letter with mixed feelings. At first, he was happy to have made the cut, but his joy was kept in check not only by the knowledge that he had competition, but also the realization that the letter was written on behalf of and not directly by Europa. This later fact made him question how far he had come in his courtship, but also wonder if this was indicative of things to come. The house of Ðardanexia was proud, that was sure, but Albert Garamond did not want to be condescended to, for the house of Garamond was as proud, if not as illustrious as the house of Ðardanexia.

The young suitor realized the risk he took, the risk of every suitor, every lover, to be rejected, to be embarrassed, to be heart broken. For to succeed, Albert believed he would have to put his whole heart into the venture.

Resolved the young man put pen to paper. He wrote directly to the Princess, despite his uncertainty of the protocol.

Her Goodness Princess Europa,

I am pleased with your positive response to my application. I too am eager the we can get to know each other better. For this purpose I have obtained leave, so that we might meet in person. Nothing would make me happier than to visit you in your homeland, except perhaps to receive your visit here. If my the prospect of my visit is agreeable to you, then let me know when it would be most convenient to you. I am pleased to be free to accommodate you in this respect.

Your humble and obedient servant,
Albert, Hereditary Count Garamond

AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby AquilaJordyn » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:54 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:Okay, thanks for clarifying. The app below is for one person, I put in two names because one is her Chinese name and the other is her Indonesian name.

Letter of Interest
Ðardanexia Interested In: Vulcan
Name of suitor/suitorette: Ma Ying Yue/Laila Ramadhan
Cosmic Girls - Dreams Come True
A Quote of the Suitors?: "With the right dose and the right ingredients, even mighty dragons can be poisoned. Everything has a weakness and every problem has a solution."
(Image)
Nation: Empire of Amenria
Titles: Baroness of the Ramadhan Family, Warrant Officer
House: Ramadhan Family
Are they Inheriting?: No
Height: 172 cm
Weight: 50 kg
Faith: Sunni Islam
Ethnicity: 50% Han, 25% Sundanese, 12.5% Bugis, 12.5% Betawi
Nationality: Amenrian
Species: Human-Celestial hybrid
Hobbies: Gymnastics, dance, marital arts, poetry, caligraphy
Occupation?: Toxicologist, superheroine
In Brief: As a superheroine, Ying Yue managed to save many lives with minimal collateral damage, an outstanding feat amongst those in that line of work, thanks to her more subversive methods. When she isn't helping people by fighting villains, she does so by making antidotes for various toxins and even pulling poisons out of people directly with her powers on occassion. Like her sisters, she also does volunteer work, keeping true to Amenria's Islamic ideological aspects.

Ying Yue is used to luxury, being born and raised in the Imperial Harem, though she has spent some time living a less glamorous life since college.

Reason For Interest: Ying Yue is bored with the men of her Earth and would like to date someone from a different universe. She's also had a thing for hot-blooded, warrior-type men for a long time.

Do you accept all of the requirements for the Ðardanexia you are intending to court?: Yes, except for the last two for now.

To her majesty, Baroness Ying Yue or Amenria,

I am the Imperial Scribe for his stoicness, the Crown Prince Vulcan. It is my pleasure to congratulate her majesty that the Crown Prince has, after much deliberation, decided to accept you as one of his official suitorettes. While this does not mean that your majesty has won the hand of the Crown Prince, it certainly puts you in the running, you can consider yourself a real contestant for the heart of the Crown Prince and with it, the heart of our nation. The Crown Prince was overjoyed at your letter to him. His stoicness has been taking Troas-Qi-Vor, the traditional martial arts form of the Imperial family since he was a child. Since reading your letter, he has been studying books on Amenrian martial art forms because of you. His stoicness was well please to hear that you come from such a respectable family and understand the way royalty should live, but is even more so please to hear that you care for your people by practicing your Islamic faith.

The Crown Prince also wanted me to inform you...despite my hesitation, that he has a 'thing' for Superheroine gymnastics women. Now that I've said that, I should inform you that the Crown Prince has attached, in parcels separate from this letter, a gift for you. The gift is two parts: A highly symbolic treasure of the Imperial family and a more personal one.

The first present is wrapped in fine, green silk. It looks like it carefully hand-wrapped. Inside of the silk lies a Souleymanian Qu'ran. Basileus Souleymane, son of Mansa Musa, was Syagros's first muslim Emperor, though it was his Catholic Christian wife who ruled the country, he was beloved for his jolly and charitable nature. He was also a skilled calligrapher. Basileus Souleymane faithfully wrote down the Qu'ran on fine vellum in Arabic, which is written in his unnaturally beautiful calligraphy. He then bound the Qu'ran in cow leather. The binding has a beautiful geometric design done on the exterior, done in gold paint. This Qu'ran is one of a dozen printed by the Basileus Souleymane. The Crown Prince hopes that you are pleased by it.

The second present is much larger, kept in a wooden crate. Inside lies a large, carefully tended Rainbow Wisteria Bonsai, potted in a square jade vase. The Rainbow Chandelier Wisteria tree is an extremely rare strain of the Candle Wisteria tree, which grows in the ethereal forest of Syagros. During the day, the bonsai, which was planted 300 years ago by Basilissa Antigone and has been maintained by the Crown Prince since he was 14, has luscious, turquoise green leaves during the day. At night, you will find that, properly tended, the bonsai's bough's glow a sublime, calming rainbow of colors. The Crown Prince hopes the Bonsai's technicolor branches brings you as much delight as they have him over the years.

- From the desk of the Crown Prince.

Freistaat Hannover wrote:Georg of Hannover quietly moved around in his room. His regiment had been ordered to move up to the city of Stade for a military exercise, and the major was only getting used to how sloppily things were organised. He'd been tasked with coordinating his three platoon, which, being an officer in command of a mechanised infantry company is difficult enough without any setbacks, but his battalion was tasked with supporting Holstinian troops that seriously lacked equipment and expertise. There was no language barrier, and the soldiers could easily work with one another, but the differences in organisation were extraordinary.

Firstly, the Holstinian rank system was all over the place. Lieutenant-Colonels acted as the officers in command for companies, while battalions and regiments were merged into "regiments", which made receiving orders difficult and strongly decreased an officer's flexibility. Secondly, The free state of Hannover had been trained with the British army for centuries, ever since king Georg I sailed over to England. This meant that the Hannoverian armies were extremely "un-German", in their equipment, military jargon, and specifically organisation. For instance: Hannoverian armies "named" their guard companies, such as "Prinz von Wales" or "Herzog von Braunschweig", and gave their companies of regular troops phonetic names, such as "Anton", "Cäsar" or "Friedrich".

All of these thoughts circled around Prinz Georg's mind, always trying to find the best and easiest solution to whatever problem arose or could arise, trying to appease both his own officers and the Holstinian ones. The friendship between Holstein and the free state of Hannover was a precious one, and, if sabotaged, could neatly open up a flank for the Prussian armies to try and spearhead through the other German states, as they had tried several times the last 200 years.

Georg heard a knock on his door. He looked up in surprise. He answered: "Herein." in a calm and controlled way, which basically meant "Come in".

A trooper stepped in, carrying a sealed letter. The prince inspected his clothing. His corps colours were bright yellow, which meant that he was part of the army telecommunications corps. He looked visually tired, and it was highly unusual for a member of the telecommunications corps to be delivering telegrams and letters. Normally, personal batmen and assistants would complete these tasks, and letters that had to be distributed to the enlisted men were normally distributed by an NCO. Stunned by the presence of the soldier, which was a Gefreiter, or corporal, the major stared at him, expecting him to stand at attention and state his presence.

The corporal clacked the heels of his long black boots and stood straight, with the letter in his right hand. "Gefreiter Brösler der Karl-Kompanie, 3. Fernmelde-batallion möchte den Major eine Nachricht überteilen." Prinz Georg, who was the youngest company commander in the entire armed forces at a whopping 27 years of age, didn't look much older than the corporal, whose behaviour was very sloppy. Georg listened to what he had to say, and understood that the corporal named Brößler had been ordered to give him a letter. Again, this is very unusual, and normally not something that the telecommunications corps would be doing. Georg retrieved the letter and thanked the corporal before telling him that he was dismissed. With great suspicion, he got behind his desk, and carefully opened the envelope.

After reading the letter in its entirety, the prince smirked, and carefully stashed it in one of the drawers under his desk. He requested that a First Lieutenant named Mörße come visit his office, mostly because Oberleutnant Mörße could speak English very well, and Georg wanted to impress Prince Europa. And so, prinz Georg started drafting a letter:

To her goodness prince Europa of Syagros,

Your goodness, thank you very much for the letter that you have sent me. It has only reached me now, as my unit has [ZENSIERT]*. It has therefore taken me a while to respond to you, for which I am very sorry. I have attached to this letter of mine a picture of myself, as I have been informed that you have not yet received any real personal information about me. I wholeheartedly apologize. I feel responsable for the fact that precious time of your goodness's has been wasted by [ZENSIERT]. No noblemen have any influence on this letter, and every single word your goodness reads is from the bottom of my heart and my heart only, translated by a dear friend that speaks your goodness's language a tad bit better than I do. I feel that the letter that was first sent to you does not represent me, and that the [ZENSIERT]. It was not my intention, and I presume not the intention of the aristocracy, to insult or offend your goodness, but I feel that no guilt can be transcribed on the noblemen of Hannover. Yes, they sent the first letter, but I am the one to blame, as I volunteered to be used as a pawn for international politics and diplomacy. A move that I regret now, to be frank with you.

I strongly admired your goodness's ability to stand up for your morals. I, too, support the notion that a marriage should be based on love and consent, not politics and powerplay. This being said, I cannot openly say that I want your goodness's hand in marriage, or that I would be interested in marriage right away. I've still got my career, and my hobbies, but I do feel that I agree with most of what you have written to me in the past, and perhaps we could speak about it in the future?

To end my letter, I would like to address the problem of the [ZENSIERT]. Their position in national politics over here is astounding, and I feel that letters that you send to me might be intercepted by the [ZENSIERT]. My writings and letters to you will most likely not be seen by the [ZENSIERT], but it might be so that they would find your goodness's letters and censor them, and the [ZENSIERT] have a far stricter form of [ZENSIERT] than the army.

I am sorry that this letter wasn't cheerful or jovial, but the words written were honest and came from the bottom of my heart. I hope that this letter finds you well, and that you might write back to me, so that I have something that feels like mine, in this kingdom where most is [ZENSIERT]

Yours faithfully,

Prinz Georg of Hannover, Duke of Lüneburg, Count of Celle, Earl of Armagh, Earl of Gosford

Georg looked through his files, and found two pictures. An old picture that was in his official documents. He felt comfortable to share the picture with prince Europa, as other pictures weren't so suitable, and mostly showed him posing next to destroyed equipment or occupied Flemish cities. Aside from some old military pictures, major von Hannover found an old picture in which he wore civilian attire. To show that there was yet another side to him than only his military carreer, he decided to send that as well.
The Prince sighed, and looked over to Oberleutnant Mörße, who seemed to be very tired. The prince warmly thanked him, escorted the lieutenant out of his office and immediately left to get the letter posted.

(OOC*= ZENSIERT = "CENSORED", which indicates that the Hannoverian army has censored some words. If this form of writing sucks, then I'll be happy to correct the letter so that it's easier to read.)

When Prince Europa's Scribe told her that she had received a letter from Prinz George of Lesser Hannover, her first response was to have him throw the letter out.

"Why would you bother me with that? I don't want to read letters from angry suitors I've upset?"

But then the scribe explained that the Prinz seemed to have heartfelt intentions. he had even included photos and had bothered to translate his words into a language she could speak. She nodded and sat down at her desk to read the letter, deciding she should give the Prinz a chance to explain himself.

To Hereditary Prinz, Georg

Hello Prinz Georg. I had one of my...associates from *Vexxitas* hand deliver this letter to wherever it is he or she finds you. The *Vexxitas* are among the most highly trained in their...art of subterfuge. I have no doubt that they will be able to sneak this to you without your...'Zensiert' people, I don't mean to insult your 'Zensiert' people, but my associate is one messenger they have no hope of intercepting. If they even managed that, then, I have no doubt they'll never read this letter, because my associate will definitely destroy it rather than letting them have it. Whomever they are. After hearing of your problem with them, I figured that I should put this...eh relic of 13th century, crusading Syagros that is *Vexxitas* to deliver this letter to you in one piece. I'm sure they'll censor out their whereabouts from this, but the substance of the letter will remained unchanged. Our associates from *Vexxitas* are loyal to the Crown, if nothing else.

When I received your letter, honestly Prinz Georg, my first inclination was to let it sit on my desk and forget about it. But then I saw your pictures and you melted my heart a little. After reading your letter, I realized that I had misunderstood your intentions. I understand your situation. It seems that your feelings are different then what was expected of you to write in the first letter I received from you? I appreciated the fact that you had your letter written in English, as I am fluent in it, though it is not my native tongue, I am very comfortable speaking it, I learned it as a child, playing in the court of the Castle Windsor as my nation calls England a precious friend. I prayed much on it Prinz Georg and I've decided to reverse my decision, if you'll accept it. I think that maybe the time you took to write me this letter makes you the most worthy person to court me. I'll admit Prinz Georg, I'm unsure about how our relationship will proceed, but I would like to talk to you now. As a sign of goodwill, I've enclosed a small gift to you in the same envelope as this letter. My associate from *Vexxitas* insisted that if I were to give you anything, that what I gave be small enough to fit in the same envelope as this letter, to make it easier to sneak through to you. They also insisted you be referred to on the exterior of this letter as "Subject X" apparently for security reasons, you are subject X if you were curious about that.

Inside of the envelope is a small, golden locket. In the locket is a small picture of Prince Europa below the waves of Syagros, sitting among coral reefs situated off of the coast of Syagros. Attached is a small note which reads "I figured since you provided me with some photos of yourself, I should offer you one of myself. I hope you'll keep it as a memento."
**Vexxitas means in Anatolian: Censored**

Neureich am Fischbach wrote:Albert reacted to the letter with mixed feelings. At first, he was happy to have made the cut, but his joy was kept in check not only by the knowledge that he had competition, but also the realization that the letter was written on behalf of and not directly by Europa. This later fact made him question how far he had come in his courtship, but also wonder if this was indicative of things to come. The house of Ðardanexia was proud, that was sure, but Albert Garamond did not want to be condescended to, for the house of Garamond was as proud, if not as illustrious as the house of Ðardanexia.

The young suitor realized the risk he took, the risk of every suitor, every lover, to be rejected, to be embarrassed, to be heart broken. For to succeed, Albert believed he would have to put his whole heart into the venture.

Resolved the young man put pen to paper. He wrote directly to the Princess, despite his uncertainty of the protocol.

Her Goodness Princess Europa,

I am pleased with your positive response to my application. I too am eager the we can get to know each other better. For this purpose I have obtained leave, so that we might meet in person. Nothing would make me happier than to visit you in your homeland, except perhaps to receive your visit here. If my the prospect of my visit is agreeable to you, then let me know when it would be most convenient to you. I am pleased to be free to accommodate you in this respect.

Your humble and obedient servant,
Albert, Hereditary Count Garamond

To his majesty, Hereditary Count Garamond,

I am glad that you've contacted me personally Count Garamond. I would be overjoyed to have you visit my homeland, it certainly is agreeable to me. Fortunately, being who I am, I was able to convince my supervisor that I be given time off to meet you. I spent some time deciding what would be best to show you, as there is so much we could do, but then I realized that next week, Theosincratia is happening! Theosincratia is an ancient meeting of the greatest Philosophers the world over, assembled by my nation where some of the greatest minds have spoken. You said you enjoy Philosophy, as do I. While the main event of Theosincratia is a debate about the existence of God between the greatest Atheist & Theist scholar willing to debate, Theosincratia hosts a number of debates and discussions unrelated to Theology, I'm sure there is some discussion they'll host there you'd find interesting that we can go to. Although my plan is just to observe the discussions with you and chat together, if you want to impress me, you could always join one of the debates. I'm sure that the interlocutors would be pleased to have you in their discussions. Afterwards, I figure that I could give you a tour of Hektor, where Theosincratia takes place. It's the oldest city in our nation, and has plenty to see. Hopefully you can tell me about your own nation as we discover my own's history and culture in the ancient city of Hektor.

-Yours, Prince Europa
Last edited by AquilaJordyn on Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wochaystein
Chargé d'Affaires

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Wochaystein » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:17 am

AquilaJordyn wrote:
To Crown Prince Romilda,
It is wonderful to meet a man who is willing to so quickly come to get to know me; but more importantly, my family and my nation. I am positive that you will enjoy your time here with me and if I were to wager, I would guess that your household will be very, very grateful that you brought them along. One of the boons of living in Syagros is that because we have tourists crawling all over the place, there is a lot to do. I know that you are passionate about History & Archaeology, yes? Well, one of our finest cities, Turnoch, has this wonderful museum funded by my family called "The Imperial Caithania Museum of All History."most people just call it "The Cait" It's our nation's finest museum, funded by my family since my Great Great Grandmother Basilissa Caitha II founded it. The Cait contains exhibits to a plethora of exhibits for a simply enormous times in history, ranging from 20th century America to the Dinosaur exhibit and the largest exhibit, that one which is devoted to medieval Europe with a focus on Syagros, the museum is enormous. In preparation for your coming, I've talked to the Arch Curator and asked them a special favor. They agreed to include an exclusive exhibit on the entire joint history of medieval Syagros & Wochaystein and they've even promised to include two pieces of fine vellum documenting each of our families members, our families tree's, up to the year 1324, when the two documents were created. I'm sure you can inform me about your family that way, I know that I have quite a few stories to tell. I am also very interested in seeing the dress's of Syagrot royals' who married Wochaysteinian nobles, I'd like to know what to wear, just in case.

Thank you so much for your calligraphy. I showed my sisters Gwendolyn & Europa. Neither of them could believe how beautifully done it was, not to mention how jealous they were. But honestly what I loved most about it is that it was a simple, heartfelt gift. I've received enough gold in my life from suitors, so I am honestly relieved to receive something that took heart to give me. I love the quote "Patience Begets Great Insight" so much that I had the Castle's resident Artist who spends their time creating and preserving art for our family to frame it properly and put it somewhere everyone, including the people can see. He's elected to hang your calligraphy above the fireplace in the Castle's Library, which is open to the public. The children of Triton often go there in their classes to read with me and our nation's Historians scour the libraries shelves often to look for forgotten treasures of history. It's a 1,200 year old library after all. Though it's hardly the largest, the largest is at The Palace Of Pandarus at Hektor, which is my families ancient residence, but we generally live in the Castle Sarpedon in Triton. That library is 3,000 years old, the only surviving ancient library. If you're interested in the history of Rome, Egypt, Phoenicia, Babylon, Persia... or of course Syagros, even though that library is under-lock-and-key, open only to Imperial family members, I am sure I can grant you access. You'll just have to hang out with me while your there. We can't have you getting lost in its labyrinthine halls. There are so many things we can do here.

Yours too, Astraea

Some time later...

The Crown Prince Hannes Romilda and his 23 year old sister, Princess Lilli, are on their way from the airport of Turnoch to the designated meeting place arranged with Prince Astraea. With them are some of the servants of the Palace in Zuidren to look after their needs while they are in Syagros, as well as to coordinate with whatever their Syagrot counterparts would have in mind...

"Wow, this city is beautiful," Lilli began.

"I agree, sister. The tall tower gives it a shining impression. The blending of the old and the new is executed flawlessly," Romilda replied.

"So, about this Astraea lady... I still don't understand why you decided to court her instead of that lovely daughter of the Archon of Arcesius."

"She is anything but lovely, sister. We didn't get along; she always talks about herself and how great and amazing she is. Not to mention, I am appalled by her treatment of her servants in their residence. The Archon should be ashamed of her."

"And Astraea?"

"Our exchange is encouraging to me. She is definitely no conventional woman and I get more intrigued every day. I understand you and Father's concern when I suggested this, and I thank you for giving this a consideration."

"I still remember Father's shock when you said you already have someone in mind. That is very unusual given our family's history."

"You are right. I may be the one to start the shift, though."

"You know what brother, I still have some reservations regarding this break of tradition. I'll keep an eye on Astraea, *ahem*, Her Wiseness and learn what I'll think of her. I swear to God I'll never let you live this down if you choose poorly. After all, I have high expectations from my brother."

Romilda's features firmed a little, and Lilli can sense the conviction in his eyes. "I give you my guarantee, Lilli. You will not be disappointed."

Prince Romilda, Princess Lilli, and one of the servants stepped out of the car as they reached their destination near the Imperial Caithania Museum of All History. The passers-by took notice of Romilda's silver suit and Lilli's turquoise and white dress as they await for the Prince Astraea.

"Are you ready for this, brother?"

"I don't do this much, but I'm ready."
Last edited by Wochaystein on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dieresis of Diarcesia

Neureich am Fischbach
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neureich am Fischbach » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:14 am

AquilaJordyn wrote:
To his majesty, Hereditary Count Garamond,

I am glad that you've contacted me personally Count Garamond. I would be overjoyed to have you visit my homeland, it certainly is agreeable to me. Fortunately, being who I am, I was able to convince my supervisor that I be given time off to meet you. I spent some time deciding what would be best to show you, as there is so much we could do, but then I realized that next week, Theosincratia is happening! Theosincratia is an ancient meeting of the greatest Philosophers the world over, assembled by my nation where some of the greatest minds have spoken. You said you enjoy Philosophy, as do I. While the main event of Theosincratia is a debate about the existence of God between the greatest Atheist & Theist scholar willing to debate, Theosincratia hosts a number of debates and discussions unrelated to Theology, I'm sure there is some discussion they'll host there you'd find interesting that we can go to. Although my plan is just to observe the discussions with you and chat together, if you want to impress me, you could always join one of the debates. I'm sure that the interlocutors would be pleased to have you in their discussions. Afterwards, I figure that I could give you a tour of Hektor, where Theosincratia takes place. It's the oldest city in our nation, and has plenty to see. Hopefully you can tell me about your own nation as we discover my own's history and culture in the ancient city of Hektor.

-Yours, Prince Europa

Your Goodness Princess Europa,

I was glad to receive your answer, glad both because I may meet you so soon and because the idea of attending the Theosincratia. I have already begun to make the necessary preparations for my trip. I do not know if I trust myself enough to debate the greatest philosophers of our age, but hope that I can learn something from them. I have already written some thoughts, or rather questions for them. To be honest, the philosophical arguments in regard to God were not really part of my education, and certainly an area where I can learn. As far as the city of Hektor, it sounds most fascinating. Please advise me if there are any special considerations I should take into account in my preparations, as I am unfamiliar with your land and its customs.

Yours etc.

Albert, Hereditary Count of Garamond

Freistaat Hannover
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Freistaat Hannover » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:37 am

To Hereditary Prinz, Georg

Hello Prinz Georg. I had one of my...associates from *Vexxitas* hand deliver this letter to wherever it is he or she finds you. The *Vexxitas* are among the most highly trained in their...art of subterfuge. I have no doubt that they will be able to sneak this to you without your...'Zensiert' people, I don't mean to insult your 'Zensiert' people, but my associate is one messenger they have no hope of intercepting. If they even managed that, then, I have no doubt they'll never read this letter, because my associate will definitely destroy it rather than letting them have it. Whomever they are. After hearing of your problem with them, I figured that I should put this...eh relic of 13th century, crusading Syagros that is *Vexxitas* to deliver this letter to you in one piece. I'm sure they'll censor out their whereabouts from this, but the substance of the letter will remained unchanged. Our associates from *Vexxitas* are loyal to the Crown, if nothing else.

When I received your letter, honestly Prinz Georg, my first inclination was to let it sit on my desk and forget about it. But then I saw your pictures and you melted my heart a little. After reading your letter, I realized that I had misunderstood your intentions. I understand your situation. It seems that your feelings are different then what was expected of you to write in the first letter I received from you? I appreciated the fact that you had your letter written in English, as I am fluent in it, though it is not my native tongue, I am very comfortable speaking it, I learned it as a child, playing in the court of the Castle Windsor as my nation calls England a precious friend. I prayed much on it Prinz Georg and I've decided to reverse my decision, if you'll accept it. I think that maybe the time you took to write me this letter makes you the most worthy person to court me. I'll admit Prinz Georg, I'm unsure about how our relationship will proceed, but I would like to talk to you now. As a sign of goodwill, I've enclosed a small gift to you in the same envelope as this letter. My associate from *Vexxitas* insisted that if I were to give you anything, that what I gave be small enough to fit in the same envelope as this letter, to make it easier to sneak through to you. They also insisted you be referred to on the exterior of this letter as "Subject X" apparently for security reasons, you are subject X if you were curious about that.

Inside of the envelope is a small, golden locket. In the locket is a small picture of Prince Europa below the waves of Syagros, sitting among coral reefs situated off of the coast of Syagros. Attached is a small note which reads "I figured since you provided me with some photos of yourself, I should offer you one of myself. I hope you'll keep it as a memento."
**Vexxitas means in Anatolian: Censored**

Major Von Hannover quietly entered his bunks near the city of Stade, after coordinating and following the 7km-long march around the city. He accompanies his troops through most of the running, as keeping himself physically fit was important to him. The major was quite tired, and calmly sat down on his office chair, when he spotted an envelope before him. He immediately grew suspicious, as all men could face serious punishment for entering a company commander's living quarters without permission. He called in Hauptmann (Captain) Dieter Schulz, his second in-command, who was tasked with securing the barracks with a small security detail while the men were off marching. Prinz Georg tells the Hauptmann to go and re-watch the security camera footage, hoping to find something there. After giving Schulz his orders, Georg, in a suspicious and paranoid manner, quickly opened the letter, to possibly get some information about the intruder.

There it was: A letter by her Goodness prince Europa of Syagros, with seal and all. He slowly started reading the letter. He could read letters in English, just expressing himself in English and using the vocabulary so that it was understandable was difficult for him. After reading the entirety of the letter, the prince smiled, and took out the golden locket from the envelope. He was absolutely amazed by the sunny beaches and the beautiful Trojan landscape. Georg affectionatelly put the picture in a pocket within the inside of his jacket as a good luck charm. He then called in First lieutenant Mörße, to write another letter.

To Her Goodness Prince Europa of Syagros,

I wish to thank your goodness from the bottom of my heart for the great pictures that you've sent me. I've gone through two military campaigns abroad, and my life's been seriously threatened three times, but I now know to have no fear, as I've got the picture tightly stacked away in my uniform. I'm glad that you decided to send me a letter back, as I was afraid that our correspondence ended due to [ZENSIERT]. Although, If I may be completely honest with you, your goodness, I would recommend having our correspondence in person, as that would certainly remove a lot of [ZENSIERT].

On a military tour around [ZENSIERT], I found some beautiful bronze oak leaves. I'm not sure whether you've got many oaks in Syagros, but in Hannover, and other German states, oak leaves are closely tied to national imagery and symbolism. I was so happy pleasantly surprised with the pictures that you sent me that I tried to get something nice to send back, but the military life is [ZENSIERT]. I do hope you like the oak leaf, in its rich bronze colour. I wish I could send you more, your goodness.

Oh, yes, this I would like to tell you as well: I have started going through English lessons to improve my English. My mentors are extraordinarily good, and they're saying that I'm not a bad student. I hope that I can learn enough to send you a letter without any other help in the future. Your goodness, I would learn the trojan lessons of old and new if I could, but I have never been the brightest when it came to learning new languages, so, if you won't mind, continueing in English would be my preference.

Before I forget this: I want to apologize for misunderstanding your nation's linguistical and cultural background. The noblemen have sadly only given me a limited briefing on your nation's culture, and I'm happy to tell you that I've started looking into it in my spare time. There's not that many information about [ZENSIERT], but I'm making do.

I must tell you that I enjoy writing to you. There's not that much going on right now. [ZENSIERT], so we have much more time on our hands. To actually talk about non-military related things is a good thing for me, as I'm always [ZENSIERT]. Oh well, there's little you can do. I hope to write you many more letters, and I hope you enjoy our correspondence as much as I do.

Yours truly,

Prinz Georg von Hannover
Gott schütze den König!

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:28 pm

Letter of Interest
Name of suitor/suitorette: Silas Shalmaneser
Swing Swing Swing!
A Quote of the Suitors?: "I’m drinking wine, eating cheese, and enjoying the beautiful sunshine"
Nation: The Holy Empire of New Edom
Titles: Prince of the Blood, Councillor of State
House: The Royal House of Obed
Are they Inheriting?: No.(10th in line)
Height: 5,11
Weight: 170 pounds
Faith: Apostolic Church of New Edom
Ethnicity: Semitic
Nationality: Edomite
Hobbies: Playing/Dancing to swing and jazz, tennis, gardening, reading
Occupation?: Advisor to first cousin, the King-Emperor, First Keeper of the Archives
In Brief:

Reason For Interest:
To be perfectly honest, marriage to a person of your House would not be ideal, as your nation is far from our region and serves a marginal political/economic/military advantage at best. Such a match would begin not the flowering but the planting of a seed of advantage for my country, and I am not sure that my cousin, the King-Emperor, will entirely approve.

Having said this, I am interested largely for personal reasons. I was interested in a woman of similar character to yourself, of royal blood, within our region, but she showed little interest in getting to know me simply because I am a few years older. Due to my duties and a number of distressing incidents in my country, I have most been focused on supporting my cousins and doing the research and work behind their efforts to stabilize our country. This left me with few opportunities to date or get to know people. Now that I find that I have the time, sadly, love has passed me by.

Nevertheless, I would enjoy being romantically involved, with a view to marriage, to a woman who would be vivacious, intelligent, challenging, and with a love of life that would lead me to greater joy. A woman with an appreciation for life as rich as she is beautiful. (At least according to your photograph.) I love the arts and enjoy nature so much that I feel sure that such a woman would bring out the best in me. For my own part, I believe that my steadfastness, personal strength and courage would provide her with the stability a woman needs, and that together we would be a strong couple, an example to both our families and enrich one another through our gifts.

I might however also challenge you: do you feel you could be married to a man with mild autism who is struggling to lead a more joyous social life? Do you feel you could be of benefit to a House that has been haunted by tragedy and needs to learn to enjoy the fruits of peace?

[b]Do you accept all of the requirements for the Ðardanexia you are intending to court?:[/b[]
Yes. Family is terribly important, so naturally the Prince’s sister would be welcome. As for intellect, I am a scholarly man and enjoy intellectual stimulation. One might say I am an ‘open book’ on the subject!
Last edited by New Edom on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby AquilaJordyn » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:44 pm

Some time later...

The Crown Prince Hannes Romilda and his 23 year old sister, Princess Lilli, are on their way from the airport of Turnoch to the designated meeting place arranged with Prince Astraea. With them are some of the servants of the Palace in Zuidren to look after their needs while they are in Syagros, as well as to coordinate with whatever their Syagrot counterparts would have in mind...

"Wow, this city is beautiful," Lilli began.

"I agree, sister. The tall tower gives it a shining impression. The blending of the old and the new is executed flawlessly," Romilda replied.

"So, about this Astraea lady... I still don't understand why you decided to court her instead of that lovely daughter of the Archon of Arcesius."

"She is anything but lovely, sister. We didn't get along; she always talks about herself and how great and amazing she is. Not to mention, I am appalled by her treatment of her servants in their residence. The Archon should be ashamed of her."

"And Astraea?"

"Our exchange is encouraging to me. She is definitely no conventional woman and I get more intrigued every day. I understand you and Father's concern when I suggested this, and I thank you for giving this a consideration."

"I still remember Father's shock when you said you already have someone in mind. That is very unusual given our family's history."

"You are right. I may be the one to start the shift, though."

"You know what brother, I still have some reservations regarding this break of tradition. I'll keep an eye on Astraea, *ahem*, Her Wiseness and learn what I'll think of her. I swear to God I'll never let you live this down if you choose poorly. After all, I have high expectations from my brother."

Romilda's features firmed a little, and Lilli can sense the conviction in his eyes. "I give you my guarantee, Lilli. You will not be disappointed."

Prince Romilda, Princess Lilli, and one of the servants stepped out of the car as they reached their destination near the Imperial Caithania Museum of All History. The passers-by took notice of Romilda's silver suit and Lilli's turquoise and white dress as they await for the Prince Astraea.

"Are you ready for this, brother?"

"I don't do this much, but I'm ready."

Prince Europa placed the Crown of the Immortal one of their families most treasured, on Astraea's head. It was originally owned by, of all people, her greatest ancestress. Basilissa Hecuba, the bride of Basileus Priam. It was a beautifully simple crown. She hoped Romilda would appreciate the history behind it.

Astraea adjusted it in the mirror of their room in the Castle Yivoortheos, one of the families residences, located in Turnoch. They liked to keep a residence in every city. She stared at herself as her sister clapped in excitement.

"You look so beautiful sister! You're going to give the Crown Prince a heart-attack so strong he'll feel it all the way back to Zuidren."

Astraea didn't answer her, she had a frown on her face. This didn't escape Europa's notice. She could feel it, she felt everything Astraea felt.

"Why are you frowning. You told me you were impressed by this guy, didn't you?"

"I am. I'm worried that this is going to work out too perfectly and we'll strike it off right away."

Europa looked at Astraea, befuddled.

"You're...worried about being happy with him?"

"No. I want that to happen. I'm worried... I'm worried if...if things work out that..."

She sighed, exasperated. She abruptly said:

"I feel guilt about getting married without..."

Europa frowned now too.

"Without Mom?"

Astraea nodded sadly, not crying. She refused to cry. She had told mom she could be there at her last wedding, but it never happened. Now she couldn't be here because she wasn't alive. Her mother never got to see her with 'her person'

"Astraea, my dear sister. Mother watches over us all. Besides, you don't even know it'll work out with this man."

"I'm worried it will Europa. I'm really optimistic about him."

Europa breathed out deeply.

"Well, all you can do is try to make this experience the best you can, for you and for mom. I think she'll forgive you if you are really, really happy."

Astraea nodded. She was resolute, she wanted to do this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Astraea sat in the back of the SUV, staring out the window at the Eastern edge of Turnoch, where the Cait was located. The chauffeur had collected the families stretch limousine, this ridiculous vehicle that could seat 40 people to bring her in. Why did she need a limousine? She didn't think Crown Prince Romilda would even be very impressed by that. He didn't seem like a fan of the overly opulent. Instead, she took a Black SUV. It was nice, very nice, but it wasn't over-the-top. Prince Astraea wasn't a fan of being over-the-top. She didn't want the people to ever see her and think she was self-obsessed.

The Chauffeur rolls up to the front of the museum.

Of course, that didn't mean she couldn't stun a crowd by accident.

As she stepped out of the vehicle, the large crowd of people waiting outside of the museum looked to her as the chauffeur announced her coming. Half of them immediately fell to their knees in respect, the other half took pictures. Astraea just smiled to them, giving people a verbal "Ssanke so." (Thank you in Anatolian) as she walked towards the Prince, causing one woman to feint as she said "Your wiseness!!" Astraea did not think she looked that good. It was just a dress. The people were way too kind to her.

The Prince Astraea was dressed in a marvelous orange dress, with white floral lace trim around the sleeves and the neck. She wore two silver brontosaurus dinosaur earrings that hung from little sapphire encrusted chains. On her back, she wore a matching orange cape for warmth. She had her hair done in one large french braid that hung down her shoulder.

She curtsy'd to the Crown Prince as soon as he looked at her.

"Welcome to the Archipelago of Syagros, Crown prince Hannes. I am very glad to have you here, as is everyone, I am sure."

She then turned to Princess Lilli showing her a sign of greeting as well.

"Ah, the Crown Prince told me he would bring some of his family with him, but he did not tell me he would bring his lovely younger sister, Princess Lilli. I assure you, the pleasure is all mine. I do hope that Turnoch has been to both of your's liking?"

As their tour guide, a young man who looked about as terrified as a young man should be leading his liege and her date around a museum ushered them inside politely, a child from the crowd ran up to Astraea, tugging on her dress.

"Prince Astraea? Could you hold me? I want to see the dinosaur exhibit but I'm scared to go alone."

She picked the child up, promising the parents she would have him back soon enough.

"Of course you can come darling. But I'm on a rather important...occasion. So please be still child."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prince Astraea found herself staring at a Trojan sword owned by a Legionnaire of the First Legion with Crown Prince Romilda.

The child had gotten bored rather quickly after seeing the dinosaur skeletons that were set up at the front of the Cait, so she had an aid bring him back to his parents. Now she found herself in the center of the star-of-the museum: The Medieval Europe exhibit, standing inches away from the Crown Prince of Wochaystein, someone she was trying to be on a date with, looking at a sword that according to the description:

"This magnificently preserved specimen, made of steel, was used to pierce the side of a Wochaysteinian knight by a Legionnaire of the 5th Legion during a skirmish between the two countries. 12th century Syagros & Wochaystein were terrible enemies."

She bit her lip.

"I'm sorry we had to see this Crown Prince Hannes, I did not realize...nor request...the Arch Curator to include a display showing the conflict between our two countries...this exhibit, it seems to be very...real. There are both beautiful moments displayed here and horrible moments. Not least of which is this one right here. I suppose that...is how it is supposed to be. Real. I suppose I was expecting them to sugar coat history and show the more romantic and celebratory side of our two countries history together. I swear, I loathe when authors of histories sugarcoat history, I'm glad the Archcurator didn't sugarcoat anything...I just was expecting them to."

She turned to him.

"What do you think of this, or do you have some opinion on another display you'd like to share? I'm all ears."

Astraea thought about reaching out to hold his hand. Was that too forward? Probably. But she wouldn't mind if he just reached for her hand, or even just her little finger.

Your Goodness Princess Europa,

I was glad to receive your answer, glad both because I may meet you so soon and because the idea of attending the Theosincratia. I have already begun to make the necessary preparations for my trip. I do not know if I trust myself enough to debate the greatest philosophers of our age, but hope that I can learn something from them. I have already written some thoughts, or rather questions for them. To be honest, the philosophical arguments in regard to God were not really part of my education, and certainly an area where I can learn. As far as the city of Hektor, it sounds most fascinating. Please advise me if there are any special considerations I should take into account in my preparations, as I am unfamiliar with your land and its customs.

Yours etc.

Albert, Hereditary Count of Garamond

Your Highness, Hereditary Count Albert,

I'm thrilled to hear you are looking forward to it as much as I am. Don't let them intimidate you, I intend to ask my own questions. I'm glad to hear you are interested in learning about the subject, it's important to study many subjects, not just those we are most interested in. Hektor is positively spectacular. It was never conquered like Athens, Sparta, Corinth, Carthage, Rome, Babylon....most ancient cities were. So it has much, much more in the way of ancient structures than others. Much of the Old city is preserved. At the center is Yi'Palace Ni'Pandarus. There's also the Mederpolis; home of the ancient Trojan Medertheon (The ancient pantheon of Goddess's)...and of course the catacombs. Everyone claims there is some long dead king wandering the catacombs, I don't believe them though.

Special considerations? The only think I can think of that would be relevant is that Debates are a bit of a...sacred tradition here. People take it very seriously, they're very passionate about it. Just show proper respect at Theosincratia to everyone. When people cause scenes at these debates, those people tend to not be well liked.

The only other thing I can think of is that Trojans can be very...familial in their greetings. If someone approaches you to greet you, if they're of a similar station as us, don't be shocked if they get...close. Everyone here is generally very respectful, so no one will point out your failings if you do show shock. I'll try not to shock you myself, though I make no promises about how I intend to greet you. I just don't want you to think anyone is being disrespectful, no, it's a sign of great respect.

Yours, Prince Europa.

Freistaat HannoverMajor Von Hannover quietly entered his bunks near the city of Stade, after coordinating and following the 7km-long march around the city. He accompanies his troops through most of the running, as keeping himself physically fit was important to him. The major was quite tired, and calmly sat down on his office chair, when he spotted an envelope before him. He immediately grew suspicious, as all men could face serious punishment for entering a company commander's living quarters without permission. He called in Hauptmann (Captain) Dieter Schulz, his second in-command, who was tasked with securing the barracks with a small security detail while the men were off marching. Prinz Georg tells the Hauptmann to go and re-watch the security camera footage, hoping to find something there. After giving Schulz his orders, Georg, in a suspicious and paranoid manner, quickly opened the letter, to possibly get some information about the intruder.

There it was: A letter by her Goodness prince Europa of Syagros, with seal and all. He slowly started reading the letter. He could read letters in English, just expressing himself in English and using the vocabulary so that it was understandable was difficult for him. After reading the entirety of the letter, the prince smiled, and took out the golden locket from the envelope. He was absolutely amazed by the sunny beaches and the beautiful Trojan landscape. Georg affectionately put the picture in a pocket within the inside of his jacket as a good luck charm. He then called in First lieutenant Mörße, to write another letter.

To Her Goodness Prince Europa of Syagros,

I wish to thank your goodness from the bottom of my heart for the great pictures that you've sent me. I've gone through two military campaigns abroad, and my life's been seriously threatened three times, but I now know to have no fear, as I've got the picture tightly stacked away in my uniform. I'm glad that you decided to send me a letter back, as I was afraid that our correspondence ended due to [ZENSIERT]. Although, If I may be completely honest with you, your goodness, I would recommend having our correspondence in person, as that would certainly remove a lot of [ZENSIERT].

On a military tour around [ZENSIERT], I found some beautiful bronze oak leaves. I'm not sure whether you've got many oaks in Syagros, but in Hannover, and other German states, oak leaves are closely tied to national imagery and symbolism. I was so happy pleasantly surprised with the pictures that you sent me that I tried to get something nice to send back, but the military life is [ZENSIERT]. I do hope you like the oak leaf, in its rich bronze color. I wish I could send you more, your goodness.

Oh, yes, this I would like to tell you as well: I have started going through English lessons to improve my English. My mentors are extraordinarily good, and they're saying that I'm not a bad student. I hope that I can learn enough to send you a letter without any other help in the future. Your goodness, I would learn the Trojan lessons of old and new if I could, but I have never been the brightest when it came to learning new languages, so, if you won't mind, continuing in English would be my preference.

Before I forget this: I want to apologize for misunderstanding your nation's linguistical and cultural background. The noblemen have sadly only given me a limited briefing on your nation's culture, and I'm happy to tell you that I've started looking into it in my spare time. There's not that many information about [ZENSIERT], but I'm making do.

I must tell you that I enjoy writing to you. There's not that much going on right now. [ZENSIERT], so we have much more time on our hands. To actually talk about non-military related things is a good thing for me, as I'm always [ZENSIERT]. Oh well, there's little you can do. I hope to write you many more letters, and I hope you enjoy our correspondence as much as I do.

Yours truly,

Prinz Georg von Hannover

The Prince was sitting on the couch in the Imperial chambers with her older sister, Prince Gwendolyn, watching some sort of trashy American soap operaesque movie.

The ancient brass bell next to the modern Hologram television rang once, the signal someone was at the door that was unexpected. Who had the guards caught?

Then a body slammed against the door. What in the world?

In strode her Joshuaphite (A member of the order of saint Joshua, the Imperial families elite spy force.)

The woman...she thought she was a man, but Joshuaphites dressed so you couldn't tell they were human walked in the room without a word. Prince Europa looked out at the open door. "She" had apparently given the Novus Varangian man who was supposed to be guarding them some sort of chemical to fall asleep. The only thing that Joshuaphites promised is they wouldn't kill a Trojan. The only people allowed to see them were members of the Imperial family. Undoubtedly, she found some way to put the man to sleep without him noticing her.

"Are you quite all done agent? Seriously, was that necessary?"

"I didn't want to break one of your windows mistress Europa. They're rather pretty and...delicate. You seriously should consider bullet-proof glass, or just get rid of the windows all together."

"They're 1000 year old stained glass. But that man was about to go on his lunch break, now he'll be hungry when he wakes up."

"Would you rather I not come? I have a package for you. From the German states."

The woman held the letter out, dangling it in front of the Prince. Only a Joshuaphite could get away with teasing a Ðardanexia.

But Europa was quick. She grabbed the letter and jumped over the couch, opening it on the floor.

"Ha! You're too slow for me you sneaky snake!"

Prince Gwendolyn looked over the couch to her.

"High school boy drama Europa?"

"Shut it Gwendolyn. No, it's Prinz Georg.

"I thought you rejected that suitor weeks ago."

"I did. But I gave him a second chance and he seems much nicer than I thought."

"Were you too rash with your initial decision as always?"

"Yes. Now be quiet."

The Prince of the people pulled out the Oak leave, holding it up.

"He gave you a leaf?"

"Gwendolyn, I'mma bought to deck you. I like it, it's sweet. When was the last time you saw an oak tree?"

"I'm sorry, I'm only joking kid-sister. Let's see, the last time I saw an oak tree was...our last family vacation to our Baltic cottage, up by Bremen."

"I know where the cottage is. I just want you to know this is a great gift."

"Why don't you stop telling me about it, let me watch my movie and you can write the Prinz about it."

To Prinz Georg,

Since you have written back to me, I assume that my associate completed their assignment and managed to deliver my letter to you. I am sure I've annoyed someone on your end by doing that, but we couldn't allow them to go and censor my letters to you, now could we?

I am thrilled to hear you are keeping my gift close to you, I hope it does bring you good fortune. Maybe next time I'll give you a rabbit's foot just to be sure fortune stays on your side.

Prinz Georg, you managed to find the one tree we don't have in Syagros. There are well...well over 17,000 tree species here. I wake up every morning, look out my bedside window and spot a new species of tree, its downright ridiculous how many there are but there is no such thing as an Oak here. Although I thus can't relate to the symbolism, I can appreciate the symbolism. I believe some have called the forest 'the soul of the Germans?" That's much how it is here. I think of the story of the Willow tree. I think that plant that conjures up the most national spirit to me is the Death's Door Orchid, it's a symbol of Patriots and Activists here, but the Willow tree is a symbol of the eternal life of our nation, so it is one of our most important tree species, even though I don't think it is the most important plant we have here. Unfortunately, willow leaves don't travel well, so I guess I'll just have to show you one in person.

Oh, that's quite alright, my English is fortunately rather excellent, not to sound like I'm amazing or anything; I just had an awesome tutor...the Queen of England. Who would've guessed she knew English so well? I'm only kidding. Don't apologize about not realizing my native tongue, you weren't informed. My brother, the Basileus (Emperor), he speaks fluent German as well as English. Of course he also knows Anatolian. I'll have had him translate this message into your own tongue. If the letter looks like it was written badly, blame his translating skills.

If you aren't too busy Prinz Georg, I think we need to find you something exciting to do. I know one place with a willow tree, it's Two Sister's Park in Aenenth. Aenenth is Syagros's economic heart, it's our largest city. It's home to around 17 million people. I don't know if your country has any cities close to that large, so I'll understand if you'd prefer something quieter. There are some beautiful places to go elsewhere in the country, like for example, the capitol of Triton, my hometown. But I was just thinking of Two Sister's Park because the namesakes of the park are also my twin sister's and mine namesakes; Europa & Astraea. The Park wasn't named for us, but for the far more legendary ancient Roman sisters, back when Syagros was owned by Rome, but I am partial to the park just because of that.

I also happen to know that the First Legion's military barracks are located in downtown Aenenth. The first legion is one of my nation's 12 Legions and being the 1st, it's also the best, made up of only the most veteran, trained and skilled Legionnaires. I don't know how bored you are of military matters, but perhaps we could watch them during one of their Military parades they put on for the public or one of their training sessions. Who knows, perhaps our nations military's will train together as a result.

Letter of Interest

Name of suitor/suitorette: Silas Shalmaneser
Swing Swing Swing!
A Quote of the Suitors?: "I’m drinking wine, eating cheese, and enjoying the beautiful sunshine"
Nation: The Holy Empire of New Edom
Titles: Prince of the Blood, Councillor of State
House: The Royal House of Obed
Are they Inheriting?: No.(10th in line)
Height: 5,11
Weight: 170 pounds
Faith: Apostolic Church of New Edom
Ethnicity: Semitic
Nationality: Edomite
Hobbies: Playing/Dancing to swing and jazz, tennis, gardening, reading
Occupation?: Adviser to first cousin, the King-Emperor, First Keeper of the Archives
In Brief:

Reason For Interest:
To be perfectly honest, marriage to a person of your House would not be ideal, as your nation is far from our region and serves a marginal political/economic/military advantage at best. Such a match would begin not the flowering but the planting of a seed of advantage for my country, and I am not sure that my cousin, the King-Emperor, will entirely approve.

Having said this, I am interested largely for personal reasons. I was interested in a woman of similar character to yourself, of royal blood, within our region, but she showed little interest in getting to know me simply because I am a few years older. Due to my duties and a number of distressing incidents in my country, I have most been focused on supporting my cousins and doing the research and work behind their efforts to stabilize our country. This left me with few opportunities to date or get to know people. Now that I find that I have the time, sadly, love has passed me by.

Nevertheless, I would enjoy being romantically involved, with a view to marriage, to a woman who would be vivacious, intelligent, challenging, and with a love of life that would lead me to greater joy. A woman with an appreciation for life as rich as she is beautiful. (At least according to your photograph.) I love the arts and enjoy nature so much that I feel sure that such a woman would bring out the best in me. For my own part, I believe that my steadfastness, personal strength and courage would provide her with the stability a woman needs, and that together we would be a strong couple, an example to both our families and enrich one another through our gifts.

I might however also challenge you: do you feel you could be married to a man with mild autism who is struggling to lead a more joyous social life? Do you feel you could be of benefit to a House that has been haunted by tragedy and needs to learn to enjoy the fruits of peace?

[b]Do you accept all of the requirements for the Ðardanexia you are intending to court?:[/b[]
Yes. Family is terribly important, so naturally the Prince’s sister would be welcome. As for intellect, I am a scholarly man and enjoy intellectual stimulation. One might say I am an ‘open book’ on the subject!

To Prince of the Blood, Silas Shalmaneser, greetings to you. As the appointed Scribe to her goodness, Prince Europa, I have the unique please of informing you that she responded well to your letter. Her goodness was especially impressed by your reasons for considering her, she said it warmed her heart to you say what you said. Her goodness generally agrees with your views on marriage, she said "Agreed completely." Though her goodness also laughed when you said she was beautiful. We, the castle staff often say she is, we completely agree with you, but her goodness and her wiseness Astraea, they have a habit of insisting the other is more beautiful than they are.

In response to your challenge, the Prince asked me quote her here, so, as a faithful servant of the crown, I will:

"Do I feel I could be married to a man with autism? This is what you asked me, dear Prince of the Blood Silas. Could I? Could I? For me, the right & proper question is not whether I as a woman of stature and prestige and honor could be, it's whether or not I could not be. Better said, whether or not I could not be and still call myself a woman of stature & prestige & honor. Yes Prince Silas, yes. The answer is yes, I could be. I assure you your autism will never play a factor on where I feel our relationship should lead. I would be overjoyed to help teach you to have more joy in your life, I'm nothing if not a joyous sort. In regards to your second challenge, my family is one that has experienced the depths of tragedy itself. We're a strong family, very strong, but we've been broken more than once. Could I be a benefit to your grief stricken house? My family tells me I am to my own grief stricken house. Perhaps, Prince Silas, I should tell you of the story of my namesake, Europa Valerius. Europa was the elder sister of a girl named Astraea Valerius, my own sister's name sake. Astraea was charged by the Roman governor of the Islands, when Syagros was Roman lands, of being a Vampire. She was sentenced to death Prince Silas, but she didn't want to be killed by the Romans. So she went to the edge of a cliff and she...jumped. Do you know who jumped with Astraea Valerius, so she wouldn't have to do it alone, her older sister, Europa Valerius. Now, the story is usually told to tell of the depths of a sisters love. But you know something? I'm so often inspired by the simple fact that Europa gave her very life to the pursuit of her little sister having a moment of bliss & peace as she fell from the cliff. All she wanted was for her sister to not be scared as she approached death. I spend everyday trying to be like Europa Valerius, giving my whole self to bringing joy to others. I think I could be an enormous boon to your house in the joy department."

-From the desk of Prince Europa.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 pm

To Her Goodness Prince Europa

Your story about the origin of your name and your sister’s name is touching, though perhaps surprising. Some might think that it is ill omened, but I understand that it reminds you and your sister of the need for love and loyalty, even in the face of death.

I feel a similar loyalty to my cousin, the King-Emperor Elijah IV. I must confess, I feel almost guilty at pursuing a loving marriage when he was not able to, the peace of our realm requiring a marriage which is kindly and respectful but not loving. However I spoke within about the matter, and he informed me that as long as there was no dishonour in the marriage, it would be satisfactory to him. I reported your letter to him, and we agreed that it was kindly and warm, and that there is some hope of the happiness that you suggest may be possible. He has advised that a visit to our country might be fun if you would like to, and would like to know if you enjoy hunting and if you like capybaras.

As for myself, I feel that it might be a pleasant thing for us to meet and spend some time both talking and engaging in amusing and pleasant activities. But doubtless a few formal meetings among people of high rank can hardly lead to the intimate glimpses of our lives that would lead to love. I am sure you are being courted by many, by people who are possibly more vibrant, heroic and courtly. My thought, however, is that you might like to hear about my country. I would like to be surprised so ask away!

As for myself, I have a few questions right now. First of all: your nation has a reputation for being a land of philosophers. Are you one of them? Another one is: you apparently enjoy musical styles and parties. But what sort? Do you enjoy many hours of dancing, and if so, what sort? What do you like to do when you interact with common people? If you had to name the place you are most fond of in your country, what place would that be?

I was taking a quiet moment by the lake near Shiloam Palace, where the reeds shiver with the breezes, and reed warblers, blackbirds and cuckoos make their early evening songs, and I recalled a song that I was taught to play by my late father. I would like to present you a version, sung by myself, for your enjoyment, which perhaps expresses myself better than my words can.

I was taking a quiet moment by the lake near Shiloam Palace, where the reeds shiver with the breezes, and reed warblers, blackbirds and cuckoos make their early evening songs, and I recalled a song that I was taught to play by my late father. I would like to present you a version, sung by myself, for your enjoyment, which perhaps expresses myself better than my words can.

Musical Recording

I have the honour to be
Silas Shalmaneser
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Wochaystein
Chargé d'Affaires

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Wochaystein » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:59 am

AquilaJordyn wrote:
Prince Europa placed the Crown of the Immortal one of their families most treasured, on Astraea's head. It was originally owned by, of all people, her greatest ancestress. Basilissa Hecuba, the bride of Basileus Priam. It was a beautifully simple crown. She hoped Romilda would appreciate the history behind it.

Astraea adjusted it in the mirror of their room in the Castle Yivoortheos, one of the families residences, located in Turnoch. They liked to keep a residence in every city. She stared at herself as her sister clapped in excitement.

"You look so beautiful sister! You're going to give the Crown Prince a heart-attack so strong he'll feel it all the way back to Zuidren."

Astraea didn't answer her, she had a frown on her face. This didn't escape Europa's notice. She could feel it, she felt everything Astraea felt.

"Why are you frowning. You told me you were impressed by this guy, didn't you?"

"I am. I'm worried that this is going to work out too perfectly and we'll strike it off right away."

Europa looked at Astraea, befuddled.

"You're...worried about being happy with him?"

"No. I want that to happen. I'm worried... I'm worried if...if things work out that..."

She sighed, exasperated. She abruptly said:

"I feel guilt about getting married without..."

Europa frowned now too.

"Without Mom?"

Astraea nodded sadly, not crying. She refused to cry. She had told mom she could be there at her last wedding, but it never happened. Now she couldn't be here because she wasn't alive. Her mother never got to see her with 'her person'

"Astraea, my dear sister. Mother watches over us all. Besides, you don't even know it'll work out with this man."

"I'm worried it will Europa. I'm really optimistic about him."

Europa breathed out deeply.

"Well, all you can do is try to make this experience the best you can, for you and for mom. I think she'll forgive you if you are really, really happy."

Astraea nodded. She was resolute, she wanted to do this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Astraea sat in the back of the SUV, staring out the window at the Eastern edge of Turnoch, where the Cait was located. The chauffeur had collected the families stretch limousine, this ridiculous vehicle that could seat 40 people to bring her in. Why did she need a limousine? She didn't think Crown Prince Romilda would even be very impressed by that. He didn't seem like a fan of the overly opulent. Instead, she took a Black SUV. It was nice, very nice, but it wasn't over-the-top. Prince Astraea wasn't a fan of being over-the-top. She didn't want the people to ever see her and think she was self-obsessed.

The Chauffeur rolls up to the front of the museum.

Of course, that didn't mean she couldn't stun a crowd by accident.

As she stepped out of the vehicle, the large crowd of people waiting outside of the museum looked to her as the chauffeur announced her coming. Half of them immediately fell to their knees in respect, the other half took pictures. Astraea just smiled to them, giving people a verbal "Ssanke so." (Thank you in Anatolian) as she walked towards the Prince, causing one woman to feint as she said "Your wiseness!!" Astraea did not think she looked that good. It was just a dress. The people were way too kind to her.

The Prince Astraea was dressed in a marvelous orange dress, with white floral lace trim around the sleeves and the neck. She wore two silver brontosaurus dinosaur earrings that hung from little sapphire encrusted chains. On her back, she wore a matching orange cape for warmth. She had her hair done in one large french braid that hung down her shoulder.

She curtsy'd to the Crown Prince as soon as he looked at her.

"Welcome to the Archipelago of Syagros, Crown prince Hannes. I am very glad to have you here, as is everyone, I am sure."

She then turned to Princess Lilli showing her a sign of greeting as well.

"Ah, the Crown Prince told me he would bring some of his family with him, but he did not tell me he would bring his lovely younger sister, Princess Lilli. I assure you, the pleasure is all mine. I do hope that Turnoch has been to both of your's liking?"

As their tour guide, a young man who looked about as terrified as a young man should be leading his liege and her date around a museum ushered them inside politely, a child from the crowd ran up to Astraea, tugging on her dress.

"Prince Astraea? Could you hold me? I want to see the dinosaur exhibit but I'm scared to go alone."

She picked the child up, promising the parents she would have him back soon enough.

"Of course you can come darling. But I'm on a rather important...occasion. So please be still child."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prince Astraea found herself staring at a Trojan sword owned by a Legionnaire of the First Legion with Crown Prince Romilda.

The child had gotten bored rather quickly after seeing the dinosaur skeletons that were set up at the front of the Cait, so she had an aid bring him back to his parents. Now she found herself in the center of the star-of-the museum: The Medieval Europe exhibit, standing inches away from the Crown Prince of Wochaystein, someone she was trying to be on a date with, looking at a sword that according to the description:

"This magnificently preserved specimen, made of steel, was used to pierce the side of a Wochaysteinian knight by a Legionnaire of the 5th Legion during a skirmish between the two countries. 12th century Syagros & Wochaystein were terrible enemies."

She bit her lip.

"I'm sorry we had to see this Crown Prince Hannes, I did not realize...nor request...the Arch Curator to include a display showing the conflict between our two countries...this exhibit, it seems to be very...real. There are both beautiful moments displayed here and horrible moments. Not least of which is this one right here. I suppose that...is how it is supposed to be. Real. I suppose I was expecting them to sugar coat history and show the more romantic and celebratory side of our two countries history together. I swear, I loathe when authors of histories sugarcoat history, I'm glad the Archcurator didn't sugarcoat anything...I just was expecting them to."

She turned to him.

"What do you think of this, or do you have some opinion on another display you'd like to share? I'm all ears."

Astraea thought about reaching out to hold his hand. Was that too forward? Probably. But she wouldn't mind if he just reached for her hand, or even just her little finger.

Crown Prince Romilda and Princess Lilli noticed the crowd kneeling and congregating around the newcomer. If the two of them still had doubts on who it was, the introductions of the attendant gave it away immediately.

She has arrived

The Wochaysteiners walked slowly to meet the source of commotion, and as soon as they caught sight of Prince Astraea, Romilda tensed up and find it hard to prvent his smile from morphing to a wide grin.

Astraea wrote:"Welcome to the Archipelago of Syagros, Crown prince Hannes. I am very glad to have you here, as is everyone, I am sure."

Refreshing his recollections of Syagrot protocol, Romilda knelt down to show his respects.

"Thank you for the hospitality, Prince Astraea. It is a pleasure to meet you for the first time. Um... you look beautiful," he began as he noted how she prepared herself: dress, braid, and all. As he stood up, he continued, "Beside me is my beloved sister, Princes Lilli. She would be very happy to meet you as well."

Astraea wrote:"Ah, the Crown Prince told me he would bring some of his family with him, but he did not tell me he would bring his lovely younger sister, Princess Lilli. I assure you, the pleasure is all mine. I do hope that Turnoch has been to both of your's liking?"

"We are only here for a few hours, and my brother is gushing about it. I am happy to see you as well, Your Wiseness," Lilli replied after returning Astraea's greeting.

You embarrass me, sister, Romilda thought. Even if the tour is supposed to be between Romilda and Astraea only, Lilli decided to go with them to the Cait, having heard of the vast collections the building holds. They have heard from their family historian of the genealogical ties of House Garver to Syagrot nobility centuries past.

That the Cait is huge is an understatement to Romilda: he doubts that he would see all of them even if he spends the entirety of several days just wandering around. Maybe it was because he spends too much time on each exhibit. Nonetheless, he appreciated the thoroughness of the curators in maintaining such varied items.

And as promised by Astraea's letter, the exhibit in Medieval Europe is the most expansive of all of them. There is even a dedicated section on Syagros's interactions with Wochaystein - or more accurately - the Holy Empire before its shattering. Princess Lilli took her leave to go in a different direction and check a different part of the Medieval Europe exhibit.

Soon, Astraea and Romilda stopped by the sword of the Fifth Legionnaire and read how it was used during their respective countries' ancient war.

Astraea wrote: "I'm sorry we had to see this Crown Prince Hannes, I did not realize...nor request...the Arch Curator to include a display showing the conflict between our two countries...this exhibit, it seems to be very...real. There are both beautiful moments displayed here and horrible moments. Not least of which is this one right here. I suppose that...is how it is supposed to be. Real. I suppose I was expecting them to sugar coat history and show the more romantic and celebratory side of our two countries history together. I swear, I loathe when authors of histories sugarcoat history, I'm glad the Archcurator didn't sugarcoat anything...I just was expecting them to."

I'm not sure if there is more to it than what it seems in this, but it is best not to overthink, the sense of a calming reassurance from Astraea made him forget that thought immediately. Was it the way she said it? Or was it her sincerity? Whatever it is, the Crown Prince welcomed it.

As he turned to Astraea too, he said, "It was a regrettable chapter between Syagros and Wochaystein, but I am not surprised that they showed this. My country now is a shadow of itself 500 years ago, and I had to come to terms with the tragedies it went through to get to this point. The worst thing that can happen is for people to forget it and repeat the same mistakes."

"Anyway, Wochaystein took some influences from the Trojan military and it can be argued that these helped propel the Holy Empire to new heights by the time of Siegwald the Magnificent. It was in this era that one of the knights of the Empire, a young man named Hildebrand Garver, the founder of our house, was elevated to nobility. I remember that we lent something to this museum not too long ago. Let's go there."

Romilda and Astrea walked to the 16th Century artifacts to find what he's looking for, and he couldn't ignore that along the way, he noticed that they were walking closer to each other than ten or fifteen minutes ago. Lilli said that as long as I don't move suddenly, we'll be alright, he thought about her crash course on dating just before they left Wochaystein: she usually makes fun of his lack of experience in that area. 'Hannes Romilda: the man who is too busy dusting up ruins or sitting in his study with his books,' Lilli often says.

Now, they are in front of two of mannequins wearing clearly period-specific attire. On their left was that of a man in silver garb paired with a woman in an equally extravagant dress to their right.

"Ahh, my ancestor Hildebrand's wedding attire with his Trojan noblewoman wife's on its side. The very same ones they wore on the ceremony in Triton," he said happily

At this point, Romilda and Astraea were close enough that the former can feel the the heat from her wrist and lower arm now. It was very comfortable, and he can only think of his sister's advice.

As long as I don't move suddenly, we'll be alright.

As gently and unobtrusively as he can manage, he gradually moves his hand to reach for hers. Maybe he wants this comfortable warmth to last longer...
Last edited by Wochaystein on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:41 am, edited 8 times in total.
Dieresis of Diarcesia

Neureich am Fischbach
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neureich am Fischbach » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:38 am

Albert didn't remember where he heard the advice: "Always pack a swimsuit" but he decided to follow it, tossing his swim trunks in his suitcase. Closing the luggage he then handed it over to the servant and went to take leave from his family.

His parents alternated giving advice, often contradicting each other. Albert tried not to show his boredom, having heard it all before. A hug from his mother and a pat on the back from his father, and the departure ceremony was complete.

"Stay as long as you want, I will call you back if I need you, but as things are, it will be better, if you are distant" his father said as he walked him to the car. "You brother will be back soon, so he can help me."

"Ok, Father, but please keep me informed" replied the dutiful son.

"Don't worry, focus on the task at hand, and remember who you are."

The plane ride was long, during which the young Count reread his last letter. Pondering what could be meant by close, he decided that he had better be prepared for anything. The young suitor fell asleep reading a philosophy book he had bought for the trip. Breakfast was served and then they landed.

"Soon I will meet my future wife, no potential future wife thought Albert as he exited the plane.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Unfinished post

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:41 am

Shanghai, Empire of Amenria, Reign of Hero Kings Earth

A woman stepped along walkways, over gardens containing various colourful plants, through doors with strange labels such as "Kaiju Tissue Experimentation" and "Kochengian Energy Weapons Department" amongst others, and passing through researches in white lab coats and goggles, some who greeted her, and others who were too busy to be bothered with courtesy. She didn't mind though, as her noble house, the Ramadhan Family, is probably one of the most casual ones in the multiverse and cared little for fornality. That is, excluding the Heavenly Empress.

The woman was wearing a lab coat herself, with a nametag that says "Ma Ying Yue" in hanzi and pinyin. Her long, straight, hair was black, with deep blue highlights. It was tied in a ponytail, just like her peer who happened to walk by pushing a cart containing several vials, five of them filled with red liquid, and a transparent cylinder with an obsure substance, shifting and changing colour by the second. "Going home for the night?" The cart-pushung researcher asked Ying Yue. "Yea, what have you got there?" "Blood samples from the Cosmic Sages and an alien substance. Her Excellency wants me to run some tests." "Huh..Why would Heavenly General Li have you do it here instead of in Shangri-La?" "Beats me. Well, I gotta get back to work. See ya." "Bye, don't push yourself too hard, Mei Shin." The two ladies waved each other goodbye.

Ying Yue reached what seemed to be some sort of garage, with submarines instead of cars. She takes out a keychain with several buttons. She presses one and a small watercraft, which would fit four people, emitted a chirp and blinked its lights. She steps into it, and the gates open. Water filled the room and allowed her vehicle to move. She drove it outside the compound and then to the surface, revealing the view of the city from Huangpu river. After parking the submarine at a dock, she walks to a nearby parking lot where her car was.

Green = spoken in Chinese
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates