NATION

PASSWORD

Answered issue registered for the wrong nation

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Kommunes Consiviz
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Answered issue registered for the wrong nation

Postby Kommunes Consiviz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi, I just got a bug in which the issue I answered switched to and affected a different nation.

I got an issue for my nation of Temosia, and then I turned off my computer. Later, I got back on my computer and re-loaded all my tabs (I'm using Firefox), the issue's page reloaded and I answered it, but instead of being logged into Temosia, I was logged in as my other nation Kommunes Consiviz, and upon answering the issue the effects impacted Kommunes Consiviz; the issue had been somehow transferred, and Temosia now has different issues. I don't have the effects' page open anymore, but I noticed that the page telling me the results said I still needed to "login" (edit: even though the Kommunes Consiviz flag was showing up on the other side of the screen), and yet the effects still worked on Kommunes Consiviz, and I was then logged into Kommunes Consiviz when I changed to a different page.

The issue was #1165 (Crosswords Beget Angry Letters), and the incident happened just now. Please either cancel my choice for this issue for Kommunes Consiviz or re-issue this issue for Kommunes Consiviz (whatever's easier) and re-issue issue #1165 to the correct nation of Temosia.

Thank you in advance. :) I hope you all are able to address this bug in the future and that my experience is able to help future users.
Last edited by Kommunes Consiviz on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:25 pm

It's not a bug. If you've got (for example) https://www.nationstates.net/page=enact_dilemma/dilemma=381 open on a tab and you switch tabs to another nation with the same pending issue, it will automatically be enacted when you load the new nation.

If you want to avoid this in future, navigate away from the Enact_dilemma pages to something neutral such as https://www.nationstates.net/page=dilemmas before changing nations.

Kommunes Consiviz
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Kommunes Consiviz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:13 pm

I think you misunderstand. I didn't have the same pending issue. The issue was somehow transferred from one of my nations (Temosia) to a different one (Kommunes Consiviz) that didn't have that issue previously but ended up being affected by my answer.

Could I be re-issued the issue, including to the nation it was meant for (Temosia), as previously stated?

Also, afterward I was not able to log out of my nation. The game kept logging me back in as different nations, even after I logged out of a specific one multiple times.

Thanks

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 am

Kommunes Consiviz wrote:I think you misunderstand. I didn't have the same pending issue.

No, you're the one who is misunderstanding. You DID have the same pending issue or it wouldn't have acted that way. I have observed this process multiple times with my own puppets. This is fact, not speculation.

Kommunes Consiviz wrote:Could I be re-issued the issue

No. Issue delivery is random. It will come around again when it comes around.

Kommunes Consiviz wrote:Also, afterward I was not able to log out of my nation.

You probably have "Log in automatically" set to "yes" on one or more of your nations.

Kommunes Consiviz
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Kommunes Consiviz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:10 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Kommunes Consiviz wrote:I think you misunderstand. I didn't have the same pending issue.

No, you're the one who is misunderstanding. You DID have the same pending issue or it wouldn't have acted that way. I have observed this process multiple times with my own puppets. This is fact, not speculation.

I absolutely invite any moderators to confirm that this was indeed the case. But all the evidence available to me both before and after making the decision for Temosia shows that the issue was not pending for Kommunes Consiviz.

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Kommunes Consiviz wrote:Could I be re-issued the issue

No. Issue delivery is random. It will come around again when it comes around.

I am asking for an exception from the moderators in light of my technical problems. Additionally, I want to bring these problems to the attention of the website staff so that they can prevent these things from happening to other people in the future, which is of even greater concern.

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Kommunes Consiviz wrote:Also, afterward I was not able to log out of my nation.

You probably have "Log in automatically" set to "yes" on one or more of your nations.

I just checked my settings. I did not have "log in automatically" set on multiple nations. There is no reason the website should have been logging me into them.

Even now, as I'm writing this message, I'm experiencing technical problems. The game appears to think I'm "logged out" and "logged in" at the same time. I have no idea how this could be possible, but this is the physical evidence available before my eyes at this very moment. I am apparently "logged out" of all my nations, but I'm still being asked to "log out".
Last edited by Kommunes Consiviz on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:28 am

Kommunes Consiviz wrote:I absolutely invite any moderators to confirm that this was indeed the case.
Frisbeeteria is a moderator.

Kommunes Consiviz wrote:But all the evidence available to me both before and after making the decision for Temosia shows that the issue was not pending for Kommunes Consiviz.
Well duh. Of course it's not pending after you answered it.

Return to Technical