NATION

PASSWORD

Funeral of President Frederick Adams

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Libertariatropolis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Funeral of President Frederick Adams

Postby Libertariatropolis » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:19 pm

Already known to some members of the international community, the President of Libertariotropolis, Frederick Adams, was recently assassinated by Secretary of Whispers Poppy Mason. As such, Samuel Lee, Secretary of War and Acting President, has invited members from across the globe to a funeral and remembrance of President Frederick Adams.

OOC: For more information, see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=459135
The nation that not only promotes, but celebrates freedom.
Libertariatropolis does showcase my political views.

Akrafjall
Attaché

Founded: Jan 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Akrafjall » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:30 pm

See Below,

Last edited by Akrafjall on Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Akrafjall

| Tech: MT | Population: 8.78 Million | Tax: 24.4% |

Embassy and Consulates Thread

☺ Have a good'un! ☺

United Confederate States
Attaché

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Confederate States » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 pm

Daniel Carson walks to the podium dressed in full military regalia wearing a trim olive green uniform with broad epaulets on each shoulder and a blinding array of medals hanging on his breast pocket

This is a sad hour in the life of the Confederacy. A great life has come to an end. I have just spoken to the Adams family. On behalf of our whole nation, Anne and I offered her and the Adams family our prayers and our condolences. Frederick Adams won our respect with his greatness, and won its love with his goodness. He had the confidence that comes with conviction, the strength that comes with character, the grace that comes with humility, and the humor that comes with wisdom. He leaves behind a nation he restored and a world he helped save. During the years of President Adams , he laid to rest an era of division and self-doubt. And because of his leadership, the world laid to rest an era of fear and tyranny. Now, in laying our leader to rest, we say thank you. He always told us that for his nation, the best was yet to come. We comfort ourselves in the knowledge that this is true for him, too. His work is done, and now a shining city awaits him. May God bless Frederick Adams.

Libertariatropolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertariatropolis » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Samuel Lee stepped onto the stage.

"President Frederick Adams was exactly the sort of man Libertariotropolis needed. We fight a war, a crusadeagainst tyranny that he started. He showed a unique resolve to fight no matter the cost, and never dishonor our nation by surrendering. It was in an argument with Poppy Mason, in which he argued that we ought to continue the war, and she stated that we ought to surrender, that our beloved leader was killed. Mason has now fled, to cowardly even to face trial and judgement for our crimes. I have been left to reluctantly take the position of Acting President. I know that all of you wish for me to stand by Frederick Adams's last wishes- to keep fighting the good fight, and bring down tyranny if at all possible. The 'Cobfederacy of Corrupt Dictators' is a diabolical group of nations bent on destroying human rights and lives. We will stand for freedom, no matter the cost." Lee paused, beginning to tear up. "Frederick's life isnt the only one weve lost recently. Captain Richard White, who stood brave in the face of terrible odds. Private Jonathan James, who, in his speech just before his death, brought inspiration to our nation, a fire the likes of which has never been seen. Hundreds of soldiers in our fleet whose names aren't known to me. Every one of these lives was a spark of brilliancy and passion and a love for freedom and a wish to save those who stand oppressed by the enemy. We honor their sacrafice today. And we stand by what they would've wanted. We keep fighting. Day by day, night by night, year by year, winter or summer, losing or winning, in the highest triumphs and the darkest tragedies, we do not surrender. I declare this directly to the Confederacy of Corrupt Dictatorships: Send everything you have at us. Your entire army, your missiles, your ships, nuclear weaponry, and anything else you might have. I dare you, try to break us. Unless you're too scared?"

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:31 pm

The APH accuses The new president of conspiracy to commit murder and murder and vows to bring him to justice. If he doesn't give himself up, we will invade. The APH refuses to recognize this illegitimate regime and call on other nations to do the same.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Danlina
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Danlina » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:08 pm

A bit late, the Danlinian prime minister Samuel Robinson together with Ambassadori minister Katerin Rozen arrived at the funeral.
Samuel Robinson got on the podium and talked about how even when the crisis at Chia Dai happened, president Adams was a man of honor both to his allies and to his enemies. At the end of his speech, Robinson decided to address the APH's accusations of the new president, Samuel Lee, by saying that "Although I am aware that Samuel's views on the crisis at Chia Dai are problematic for Danlina, as long as there aren't any rock-solid evidence we cannot do a thing but to hope that the peace talks will work out as planned" Robinson ended his speech and headed back into the seats.
Meanwhile, unbeknownst to anybody, Katerin Rozen looked at the funeral from aside at the shade of the trees. Three men in black suits, blue and red ties, and "W" lapel pins came to meet her there. "This is not good. President Lee will go into war. So before the Legislative Branch gets to me, I'll need you to carry out one more mission" she said as she handed the men a case file.
Republic of Danlina

United Confederate States
Attaché

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Confederate States » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:54 am

To the working class, all the working people and citizens, and all the nations and nationalities of the world:

Comrade Adams has died.

On the day of February 10th, 1980 at 5:05 in Richmond, I was notified that the great heart of the President of our ally Libertariatropolis, the President of the Presidency of Libertariatropolisia, the President of Libertariatropolisia, Marshal of Libertariatropolisia, and the Commander-in-chief of the Libertariatropolisian armed forces, Frederick Adams, has stopped beating.

Great sorrow and pain is shaking up the working class, nations and nationalities of our country, our every citizen, worker, soldier, war veteran, farmer, intellectual, every creator, pioneer and youth, and every girl and mother.

For all his entire life, Adams was a fighter for interests and goals of Republicanism, for the most humane ideals, and desires of our nations and nationalities. Adams is our dearest friend. Seven decades he was burning up in a workers movement. For six decades, he strengthened Republicans. For more than four decades, he was the leader of his Party. He was a heroic leader in all wars and in the Askeadanian revolution. For three and a half decades he led our his country, and he moved their country and our fight for fairer human society into the world history, proving that way to be our most important historic world personality.

During the most fateful times of our survival and development, Adams was bold and worthy of carrying the flag of freedom, persistently and consistently linked to the fate of nations and man. He fought all throughout his life and work, lived the revolutionary humanism and fervor with enthusiasm and love for the country.

Adams was not only a visionary, critic and translator of the world. He reviewed the objective conditions and patterns of social movements, into the great ideals and thoughts into action with the million masses of the people that were with him at the helm, and made epochal progressive social transformations.

Thus, forever shall his revolutionary work remembered for all time in the history of the people and nationalities of the world and in the history of the independence of all of humankind.

—Signed, The Central Committee of the League of Republicans of the United Confederate State and the Presidency of The Confederacy, Richmond, February, 2019.

Libertariatropolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertariatropolis » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:46 am

American Pere Housh wrote:The APH accuses The new president of conspiracy to commit murder and murder and vows to bring him to justice. If he doesn't give himself up, we will invade. The APH refuses to recognize this illegitimate regime and call on other nations to do the same.

OOC: To be clear, it was Poppy Mason who killed Adams. Samuel was part of the coup, but he didnt kill Adams.

Danlina
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Danlina » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:27 am

“Danlina invites all nations who are concerned on the matter to join the peace talks, I truly believe that the late president Adams would have liked us all to just settle our differences and try to get a peaceful solution to the crisis.”
The peace talks take place in here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=459645
Republic of Danlina

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates