NATION

PASSWORD

Flame and Steel RP [IC] [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:15 pm

The Chuck - Charles Rock - Presidential Palace

President Walter Sobchak had a fairly uneventful journey back to his home after he had escaped from Jadotgrad. Once he had arrived he had gathered his cabinet and they had sat down to discuss current events. During his journey they had heard of the second assassination attempt against the Kaiser. While they discussed what to do, it was decided upon that the nation would start to mobilize its industry and prepare for a potential war. However, they also agreed that once the Chuckian government was in a position to do so, it would try to mend the relations between the Iron Entent and the Ember Federation.

Once that was decided upon, all the cabinet members except for Caldwell McAllister III, the owner of McAllister Munitions Company, were dismissed. Once it was just Walter and Caldwell they started to converse about what to do about Kyavan and the issues over there.

"So Caldwell, I'm thinking we ought to support the Kaiser in his fight against the rebels with some arms. Although this might be frowned upon by the other members of the Gold club... Think there is a way that oh... say... some weapons of McAllister Munitions ends up in the hands of the Pro-Kaiser forces?"

"Oh it would most definitely be a possibility Walter... Especially if for some reason a copious amount of cash or credit was to suddenly appear in certain bank accounts... Though I'm certain the other members of the Gold Club would be willing to let this slide if they also received a cut of the profits... If memory serves me correct, doesn't Port Ember have a shipping company? I think it was called Gudfrey Trading Company or something."

"Ah yes... Who knows, they have quite the reputation for making oddities appear in the strangest of places... Make sure none of your company assets end up in Kyavan... In either sides hands..." *wink*

To: Kaiser Friedrick and the Kyavan Govt.

Date: [Redacted]

Encryption: Top Secret

Some friendly forces have decided to send a weapons shipment to your nation to assist you and your forces in dealing with these communist insurgents. They pose not just a threat to your rule but also to those of us in the free world too. Take this first shipment as a gift and symbol of solidarity and think about paying us back on a later date.

Later that night - McAllister Munitions Company Headquarters

Caldwell McAllister III was a cunning man who knew how President Walter operated. As such he knew that he had unspoken sanction to also supply weapons to the other side of the conflict if it meant a bigger profit. Though dealing weapons to both sides of a conflict was risky business, especially when the Chuckian government was actually trying to repair relations with the Kyavan government. As such, the weapons that McAllister Munitions Company would supply to the rebels would not actually be McAllister Munitions Company weapons but instead knock off AK-47s and other munitions that had been "acquired" through back alley deals and stolen production licenses. There was no way that any of the rebel munitions could be traced back to McAllister Munitions Company and especially the Chuckian Government. If anything, these munitions, if captured would show signs of being made in Ukraniumstan. It is simply amazing what can be found in the backwater alleys of the world...
Last edited by The Chuck on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Due to the recent incident, a vote has been approved by the Speaker of the House of Commons to define the Empire's stance in these recent tensions. In an unusual change of parliamentary procedure, instead of standing in a booth as is tradition, members shall cast a ballot with a nation's name written on it. This is due to the several options in the vote. Limburgh, the leader of the PoI, has declared his party's policy to be pro-Port Ember, and Maurice De Vaulqois, leader of the far-right Reactionary League, has u-turned and says he now supports Kyavan.

Whitehall, Westminster, England, Neo-British Empire

Limburgh had just exited a meeting with his private secretary, as Minister of Policing and Espionage. A journalist from the National Post asked him: "Is it true that you, due to the recent incident, have made an official declaration decreeing the Party of Industry's policy to be that of supporting Port Ember, effectively allying with the President?". Limburgh replied: "Yes, in fact. This recent incident proves that Kyavan has no stability, and has no strength. Our allies must be strong, stable nations, not ones falling apart to rebels. Stability is the greatest value of a system, and Kyavan has lost it. By doing so, it has lost our faith as well. Only a madman like De Vaulqois would support Kyavan at this point."

(Outside of) British Parliament, Westminster, England, Neo-British Empire

De Vaulqois had just finished a debate over the integration of Commonwealth citizens and the teaching of English. Another journalist, this time from the Northern Telegraph, asked him: "So you now back Kyavan after this incident?". De Vaulqois said this in his most nonchalant voice: "The fact is, we need to unite as nations in order to ensure stability in the region. Such comments by President Flint during the meeting were inflammatory and unhelpful. This is now the official stance of the Reactionary League.". As soon as the camera stopped recording, he left as fast as possible without looking suspicious.

British Parliament, Westminster, England, Neo-British Empire

A heated debate began, with Limburgh and Hormet fighting against Le Vaulqois and the ILC (Who were L-CP rebels supporting monarchism and the President being crowned as Emperor), supporting Port Ember and Kyavan respectively. Of course, a few others stood up saying that the Dominion needed to be supported, but they were mostly ignored. The votes began and...here are the results:

Port Ember: 437
Kyavan: 201
Other: 12

It is now British policy to support Port Ember.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Port Ember
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Port Ember » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:06 pm

To: The Chuck
Encryption: HIGHEST

PRESIDENTIAL CORRESPONDANCE

Dear Fellow Leader & Ally

I am glad you survived the nasty ordeal in Kyavan. In this turbulant times, true friends and allies are rare - and I call you my closest, I would not have been able to accept your loss of life.

I hope you could see for yourself now the savagery and unstableness of the Kyavan Nation. A nation who becomes embroiled in a civil war who posesses WMD's is a grave concern to all.

It would be in the best interest of the world if the Kaiser was overthrown. Therefore I will clandestinely start supplying the rebels with arms and ammunition for a Proxy War. I hereby invite you to do the same if you so wish. I will not demand this request - it is only an open invitational. If you accept please ensure that it cannot be traced back to you.

To your health and wealth!

SIGNED
President Edward Flint
Republic of Port Ember

To: The Neo British Empire

I am glad you survived the nasty ordeal in Kyavan. In this turbulant times, true friends and allies are rare - and I call you my closest, I would not have been able to accept your loss of life.

I hope you could see for yourself now the savagery and unstableness of the Kyavan Nation. A nation who becomes embroiled in a civil war who posesses WMD's is a grave concern to all.

It would be in the best interest of the world if the Kaiser was overthrown. Therefore I will clandestinely start supplying the rebels with arms and ammunition for a Proxy War. I hereby invite you to do the same if you so wish. I will not demand this request - it is only an open invitational. If you accept please ensure that it cannot be traced back to you.

I am glad to hear of the news that your parliament has deemed it wise to ally with Port Ember. We as a ex colony of your previous regime, with the shared ideals of capitalism, freedom, human rights and international justice will usher in a peacefull international community.

SIGNED
President Edward Flint
Republic of Port Ember

To: La Republica Del Sangre

I am glad your delegate survived the nasty ordeal in Kyavan. In this turbulant times, true friends and allies are rare - and I call you my closest, I would not have been able to accept his loss of life.

I wish to formally extend my help to your troubled nation. I know that druglords roam freely and act without impunity in your beloved nation. This is unacceptable to your legitimate government, and to your innocent citizens.

I hereby offer to send a number of my Task Force 79 (Special Forces) units to your nation, to assist your government with uprooting these scum drug kingpins.

SIGNED
President Edward Flint
Republic of Port Ember

To: Ukraniumstan

Dear Fellow Leader

I am afraid that this is not a friendly correspondance. I am using this correspondance to convey my utter dissapointment in your nation.

I have called your nation Brother once - during the Ashmore Conflict. Your men fought and bled alongside mine - in the name of liberty and human rights.

However you enabled the Kyavani Terrorist Regime, indirectly perhaps, the oppertunity to slaughter millions of innocents. Even after this fact, you are still a staunch supporter of these terrorists. This is troublesome.

I ask of you to withdraw your military support from Kyavan immediately - and cut diplomatic ties until the Kaiser has been replaced.

It should be clear to you that Kyavan is in possession of a great many WMD's- and as you now know - is very unstable. This poses an international threat.

I know you are a good man who loves life and liberty. You proved it during Ashmore. Please become that great man agaim whom I know is inside you!

Do this and Port Ember will support you endlessly. You have seen first hand my naval power and my economical reach. We can offer you way more than Kyavan could. We will usher your nation into a new age of fortune and stability.

SIGNED
President Edward Flint
Republic of Port Ember

To: The Dominion

Dear Fellow Leader

I wish to personally offer my condolences to you and your nation for the unfortunate death of your ambassedor during the unfortunate events in Kyavan during the Diplomatic Summit.

I know your nation has been affected deeply by this events - and I believe so have the entire global community.

I assure you out of good faith that Port Ember was not involved in this attrocities. This was caused by a Communist Rebellion due to the long standing sociol issues in Kyavan.

I wish you can see the great danger such an unstable nation with such a large arsenal of WMD's poses to the international community - and hope we can work together in these uncertain times to restore order.

SIGNED
President Edward Flint
Republic of Port Ember

To: Lux Pulchrae

Dear Fellow Leader

I wish to inform you of my satisfaction that Your Majesty survived the horrible events which transpired in Kyavan.

I know your nation has been affected deeply by this events - and I believe so have the entire global community.

I assure you out of good faith that Port Ember was not involved in this attrocities. This was caused by a Communist Rebellion due to the long standing sociol issues in Kyavan.

I wish you can see the great danger such an unstable nation with such a large arsenal of WMD's poses to the international community - and hope we can work together in these uncertain times to restore order.

SIGNED
President Edward Flint
Republic of Port Ember

SOMEWHERE IN KYAVAN COUNTRYSIDE

A group of 4 special forces operators have landed in Kyavan. They have blended in with the populace, traveling as normal Kyavanians, attempting to evade the war. Their mission - find the Rebel Leader. A message is to be delivered....
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.
♤ A great RP resource -The Average Port Emberian
Port Emberian Embassy Program
♤ My Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ufkwkCh
However only for members of the GFTC

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Joint Mobilization Base Cloverfield | Mainland Dominion | Classified/SIC

Being the largest military facility within the Dominion, Joint Base Cloverfield was an absolute marvel of modern ingenuity and efficiency on an unprecedented scale. Having been purpose built back in early 2k to handle the absolutely massive undertaking of mobilizing extremely large numbers of men and equipment across all branches of the Dominion simultaneously, this base was able to able to process entire armies and men and equipment and get them on their way to anywhere in the world in record time. Cloverfield base housed facilities to accommodate not only the Army, but birthing for countless ships and submarines, as well as several runways that allowed for a nearly continuous influx and departure of air power as well. Below the airfield sat purpose built vaults that were both air conditioned and humidity controlled that housed near numberless vehicles that sat in long term storage that in a moments notice, could be pulled from inventory and turned over to recently arrived troops. This tactic of pre staging equipment was the key for the bases high turn around rate and incoming troops didn't have to wait for their own equipment to arrive before departing. When their equipment did arrive sometime after their departure, it would immediately be pressed into service for another newly arrived unit, and the cycle would continue. Already, the bases massive rail head and multiple runways were clogged with transports and haulers as an almost endless stream of men and equipment were being ferried in from across the entirety of The Dominion to meet the current deployment demand.

Sitting in the canvas covered right sear of a Dominion Grey JLTV, sat the grizzled form of a man who had seen more then his fair share of combat over his less then distinguished military career, who was trying his hardest not to get out and walk as his vehicle crawled through the road that was hopelessly clogged with vehicle traffic. His vehicle veered into the opposite lane for a brief moment as they bypassed a column of lumbering M6A1 CRUSADER MBT's that were attempting to convoy to their respective assembly area in a nearby motor pool. Even through the armored window of his vehicle, the heat from the exhaust ports on the tanks could be felt upon the side of his face, as the active cooling systems were currently disengaged while in a garrison setting to save on costly and timely maintenance.

Having passed the lead vehicle of the tank convoy, the JLTV moved back into it's respectful lane before making a hard right hand turn at a four way intersection before finally getting off a main arterial and leaving the congestion of traffic and troops behind it. It didn't take long before the JLTV found itself before a checkpoint leading into a restricted area, and after a quick ID check by the armed guard manning the gate, the vehicle was allowed entry into a covered parking garage where it was parked.

General Evan Dwyer exited the vehicle, not really caring what his driver was going to do for the next several hours, and walked through the echoing concrete structure towards polished stainless steel elevator. He pressed his ID card across a scanner next to the doors and waited for a second as his RFID was accepted and the doors opened. After a short decent inside the elevator, the doors opened into a well light reception area where several people casually stood about discussing various things. Dwyer walked through the lobby and past the reception/security desk, instantly being recognized by the uniformed female sitting behind the desk, and down a long corridor, passing several people as he went who were making casual talk as he passed. A shot time later, he found himself standing in front of a large metal door marked MTAC RM 1, where he paused for a brief moment before stepping through and into what he liked to call organized hell.

Upon entering the command room, Dwyer immediately found himself surrounded by several technicians, each at a completely independent station monitoring various situations both locally and abroad. On the front wall of the room, a massive high definition modular interface that was fully interactive buzzed with activity, as dozens of reports were currently displayed across the interface. Dwyer walked up to the display and stood before it, reading over this mornings current force readiness reports and the latest on the current situation abroad across multiple nations. He quickly scanned through a communication relay from Madam President, informing him that his allies had been informed of the current plan of action and were on board with it. Smiling to himself, the man closed out the report and opened up a folder labeled "Operation Hannibal Smith" with but a flick of his wrist over the interactive display. He quickly slotted in each nation to correspond to the role they agreed to fill earlier during an earlier conference call between the minds behind the coming operation, before closing it out and pulling up a topographical overlay of the target nations mainland.

Looking over the map, Dwyer wasn't pleased with what he saw, or the lack thereof to be more precise. Even with the integration of systems across the Axis Commonwealth, there still was a surprising lack of intelligence that had been collectively gathered so far in this. Not being one for going in blind, Dwyer pulled down a sub menu and scrolled through available assets and selected several solutions that should quickly and quietly fix his problem. After a few short minutes, orders were assigned and all that was left to do was wait, during which time progress would continue to be made in preparation for the coming operations, both here and abroad.

High above the targeted nation in orbit around the planet, the first of several Dominion Recce Satellites (DRS) finally arrived on station. This OS-13 Mirage from TN RDI was a state of the art platform, and it's sensors operate in visible and near infrared light as well as thermal infrared to detect heat sources. These sensors incorporate low-light-level image intensifiers to provide night-time images. This platform excelled in camouflage detection, looking at buried structures, and looking for differential thermal inertia in the target area, for trying to determine, for example, what factories are operating and which factories are not. In addition, it carries the Improved Crystal Metric System (ICMS) to provide imagery with reseau crosses to aid in terrain mapping.

As such, as soon as it was in position and able to do so, the sophisticated satellite started terrain mapping the targeted nation, starting at the coastline looking for suitable positions before slowly working it way inward towards the nations core. As it did this, it also started pinpointing civilian and military strategic targets in real time, such as but not limited to mobile and static SAM sites, airfields, bases, defensive positions, factories, depo's and storage yards, civilian HVT's ect and relaying this information back to Operations in real time with little to no delay. Obviously, this was a daunting task that wouldn't ever truly be completed. However, this tireless warrior and his friends that would be arriving on station over the next 24-48 hours would work around the clock without break to provide as much information as possible about what they were getting themselves into.

The only thing left to do now was wait for all the pieces to fall into place, before making a move.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:14 pm

-INCOMING COMMUNICATION FROM THE DOMINION-

TO: President Edward Flint| FROM: Office of Madam President, Dominion High Ruler | SUBJECT: RE: COMMUNICATION | ENCRYPTION: International Standard

Mr. President,

Please allow me to be blunt in this communication, for my time is short and I have.. pressing matters at hand that need my attention.

It's good to hear that you had nothing to do with the attack that took place that claimed the life of one my emissaries, otherwise, this communication would have been delivered by a Dominion Stormtrooper in person rather then by more conventional means such as this. You see, unlike my predecessor or late father, I have little patience for the whole "cat and mouse" game of politics and prefer a more.. direct and dynamic approach when dealing with problems internationally. It's also good to hear you basically confirm my intelligence reports about the internal strife currently taking place within the borders of Kyavan.

Mr. President, there will come a time in the rapidly approaching future where you will have to potentially make some pretty hard decisions that may or may not adversely affect your nation, depending on with whom you choose to fall in line with. As one ruler to another, I would suggest that you either throw in with the winning side, or choose the wiser path and choose to sit on the sidelines and let nature take it's due course. Choosing something other then one of these two preferred paths may or may not be healthy for the longevity of your beloved nation and I for one, would hate to see that happen to you.

Think carefully, dear Mr. President.

With care,

Dominion High Ruler

SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:54 pm

OOC: Wow, would someone mind condensing the last 6 hours of role play for me?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 am

Kyavan wrote:OOC: Wow, would someone mind condensing the last 6 hours of role play for me?

OOC: My parliament now supports Port Ember and Port Ember’s started talking to people about you.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:09 am

Kyavan wrote:OOC: Wow, would someone mind condensing the last 6 hours of role play for me?

OOC: Some people in our nation are secretly sending weapons to pro-kaiser forces and communist forces (because capitalism!)

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
-Slava-
Ukraini

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:45 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:

OOC: My parliament now supports Port Ember and Port Ember’s started talking to people about you.

OOC: To be honest, I’m not surprised about either the chuck providing arms to both sides *cough cough* deja vu *cough cough* Iraq 2000. Nor Port Ember denouncing me as a terrorist. Jeez, one little chemical missile and everyone starts calling you a terrorist even though your family has ruled for millennia :p

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:47 am

Jadotgrad: five days into the siege

Watch Master Josef Nikolavich had never been to western Kyavan, much less the capital of Jadotgrad! He had suspicions it wouldn't be the capital for long, several days or urban street fighting and bombardment saw to that. Josef was one of thousands eastern Kyavani still loyal to the Kaiser who had signed up as a rough rider in the armed forces. Using cybernetic horses and ballistic tipped lances, these new soldiers have become commonplace throughout the battles of the civil war. They have become especially common in the west. Where their massive charges are explosively effective against the enemy trenches. Josef smiled as the columns of SR guardsmen advanced towards the city. From his position on a ridge overlooking the entire city he could see the massive panzers as they rolled up the terrain crushing bones and wounded KCM troops alike. He had heard tell from some of his fellows that Kaiser Friedrick was alive and recovering and that Grand Duke Wilhelm was on his was to the new capital of Dolgoshov to proclaim victory over the KCM. This he knew was only partly right. While the majority of the trained soldats in the KCM died in Jadotgrad, several militia movements still resisted in the northern desert. The was where Josef's brother Sergei was fighting as a commissar in 670th Siege Regiment. Soon, order would return to Kyavan.
OOC: If its not obvious by now, I'm a huge 40k fan
Last edited by Kyavan on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ukraniumstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ukraniumstan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 am

Western Ukrani-Kyavani border, 6:00 am

The roar of engines could be heard all along the border, stretching from Sambir to Lumboyl. The 1st Zaphod Group had been preparing for a few days and were ready to cross the border into Kyavan, once given the order. General Pavel was performing one more inspection of the army before deployment. They had a massive array of armor, ranging from the standard Oplot T-84 MBT to the brand new T-90 Railgun Tanks, as well as several Bohdana 2S22 Howitzers. Air wings of MiG-30's would be bombing rebel military emplacements and weapon depots. The general looked over his troops and then went back to his command tent to send a message to the Kyavan high command that their troops were ready to advance.

OOC: Will write a response to Port Ember later. Really busy right now

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:11 am

Jadotgrad

Grand duke Wilhelm stood there and picked up the phone. “Ukrainimustani force; your clear for advance” he said.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:42 pm

The Dominion | Capital City of Stronghaven, Formally New Galloway | Ministry Of Defense

"Enter."

The soothing feminine voice echoed off the darkened interior of the chamber, barely muffled by the massive hanging red and white tapestries that adorned either side of the hallway leading to the massive oak doors from which the knock had originated from. Creaking under their own weight, the doors slowly slid open, allowing a formally dressed aid to make entry into the Presidential Sanctum. The man quickly made his way from the door and soon found himself standing just a few scant feet away from Madam President herself, where she looked up from her personal laptop screen and eyed the man curiously as she tried to figure out why the insolent fool dared to disturb her during a peak work hour.

"Madam President, I have the latest figures and reports that you asked for, direct from General Dwyer himself not a short time ago." He said and held out a slightly thick file for her to take from his hand. She smiled and took the package from the man and quickly set about scanning over it's contents, openly pleased with what she was seeing.

"What is the status our of SDIO?" She asked.

"Online and on full alert ma'am, they stand ready to act should they be needed."

"Logistics?"

"Accounted for and online with both a two and six month projection on expected expenditures and shortfalls created by this operation. We are already working to fill those gaps."

"Reserves?"

"The Highland Guard has been activated and is moving into strategic positions throughout the Dominion to respond and deploy as needed. Select units will also be deployed alongside domestic units to bolster border security at all points of entry and bolster our numbers there as well. We are also ready and able to process all new arrivals as they come in, regardless of number."

"And what about retaliation?"

"Ma'am, all necessary steps will be taken to ensure that if the enemy tries to "follow suit" or "one up" with our attacks, that it will backfire horribly in their face."

"Very well then, give the go ahead to the General to commence at once with the operation."

"Very well, Madam President." Said the man before turning on his heel and exiting the chamber via the same route as he entered. Melissia turned in the still bloodstained chair of her office and looked out the double panned window overlooking the city around her, letting a rare smile creep across her face as she let her thoughts wander to the near future.

Death was coming, and it was going to be swift.

Phase One: Operation Rolling Thunder +Zero Hour | Earth Orbit

Since the time of the South Rothanzil incident, the Dominion had taken a proactive interest in tracking down and monitoring man made objects that took to orbiting the planet of numerous nations, regardless of current political standings. This daunting task was made possible by using a purpose built system for tracking and monitoring "Space Junk" that was built by the Ministry Of Defense almost a decade ago. Since it's inception, Project Odin has helped identify and classify near countless orbitals littering the night sky overhead. So many in fact, that it was often a marvel that anything could still fit in orbit over the planet as it basically was suffocating in layer upon layer of space based systems that nations put into the sky but never seemed to take down once they were decommissioned.

However, despite numerous funding increases and advances in supporting technology, the process was painstakingly slow and methodical as every bit of detected anything had to be hand analyzed by a trained technician before being entered into the system for further autonomous tracking by the system itself. Thankfully though, with advances in crowd sourcing and such across the nation and the world, raw data was able to be dissected discreetly in scrambled data packets rather quickly as civilian volunteers added their weight to the system in much the same way NASA does with star mapping currently in the USA.

Deep within the confines of the MOD, the Orbital Weapons Division (OWD) was given the green light to commence phase one of the operation by the President herself against the belligerant nation being held responsible for the death of it's diplomat. Technicians sitting behind sophisticated computers with the latest real time intelligence at their fingertips begun their mission with simple keystrokes. In orbit over the planet, strategically placed and maneuvered Kinetic Kill Sat's (which were basically nothing more then rcs thrusters strapped to a fuel cell with a basically a one shot shell filled with tungsten cubes, and a on board targeting array/computer) came online and started moving toward their programmed Kyavan Empire targets.

These KKS weapons would gain as much speed as possible using the on board RCS systems while self correcting as they vectored toward their targets with one simple goal in mind....to get within the strike range of the target and either destroy it completely (which is more then likely considering how sensitive sat's are) or knock it out of a stable orbit and let the planets atmosphere destroy it upon re-entry. If the initial shotgun like blast didn't do the job, then the used up weapons would use whatever fuel they had left and physically ram themselves into their target, destroying both assets in the process.

By the time anyone on the ground noticed anything was amiss and could react by say, re-positioning their space based assets, the speedy little kill sats would have already done their duty.

With this one attack, the Kyavan Empire would be propelled back almost a hundred years in terms of usable technology as they would loose access to critical day-to-day modern assets such as GPS, Radio, television, internet, and wireless communication in every form. They literally would be blind, deaf, and dumb after this attack to pretty much everything that was going on in the world around them, as even any orbitals that managed to survive the attack would be overloaded by the sheer piggyback volume left behind by the sudden loss of available bandwidth, much in the same way that a grid goes down during an emergency as it can't handle the sheer volume of sudden traffic. Even with backups, it would take days to properly get the system fully up and running again, which was more then enough time for The Dominion to exploit it's initial gain and push the advantage. Even if the main body of the attack was detected now, the enemy would have a very hard time trying to actually warn anyone about them, let alone be able to communicate and coordinate an effective defense as every command would be unable to effectively communicate with one another.

Phase One: Operation Rolling Thunder +00:30 Min | International Waters, Pacific Ocean | Off the eastern coast of Kyavan Empire

Sitting just off the coastline of Kyavan in international waters so as not to raise suspicion, a massive flotilla of Dominion Naval Vessels was actively "spinning donuts" in an active ASW defensive formation waiting for the green light to advance. Overhead, several flights of F/A-60 fighters performed Combat Air Patrol (CAP) mission over and around the fleet, giving it standoff engagement range against any non-Dominion aircraft long before it came within weapons range of the fleet itself, which were also working in close conjunction with an E-53 Angelhawk Airborne Warning And Control System aircraft to keep the skies clear. At sea, active sonar buoys had been air dropped in standoff distances around the fleet to prevent any unwanted submersibles from being able to sneak up into firing distance of the fleet without time to be intercepted by the appropriate assets.

When roughly thirty minutes had passed since the onset of the orbital strikes, which hopefully had allowed maximum time for the effects of the strike to take full effect, the signal was given for the fleet to begin it's initial part in the overall plan. Turning into the wind, the fleet crossed over the international line and was now firmly in Kyavan waters and heading steadily toward it's next rally point just off the eastern coastline of the empire. Across the decks of the fleets Sovereign Class Carriers, various deck operators in their individual color coded vests which indicated their job to the flight ops deck overlooking the flight deck, scrambled and made ready. With a roar that would be deafening to anyone without proper protection, dozens of E/A-60D aircraft were systematically catapulted off the deck and into the cool air that surrounded the fleet. After reaching altitude and forming up, the flights of aircraft turned and starting making a direct line towards the coastline. Following in behind them, another carrier based E-53 AWAC followed suit, and would be dedicated for the flights coming mission at hand.

About halfway between the fleet and the coastline, just outside of projected enemy detection and engagement range, these aircraft linked up with another flight of MALD-J decoy missiles that had been bulk deployed from the backs of high altitude heavy lifters from the international passenger plane lanes, which had disguised themselves as civilian airliners on routine flights to hopefully stealthily approach and egress the AO. These decoys would be falsely projecting themselves as non-stealth F-15 Strike Fighters, making themselves big fat juicy targets for any Air Defense Artillery (ADA) that the enemy likely had positioned on or just off the coastline, while the actual stealth aircraft would hopefully remain undetected a short but safe distance behind the decoys.

This mission type was known as a "Wild Weasel" mission, and was designed to wipe out an opponents ability to effectively counter foreign air projection into it's airspace and open up a corridor for future penetration missions by friendly forces. If successful, it would insure Dominion air superiority over a wide swath of coastline, which would make life much easier for any ground operations that were bound to happen in the AO.

As this was happening, the fleet moved ever closer to it's destination. The cards had been dealt, and it was time to see who had the better hand and would win this round.

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:52 am

OOC: Have I just been fucking naval invaded?

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:12 am

Kyavan wrote:OOC: Have I just been fucking naval invaded?

OOC: yeahhh... more like your satelites are raped along with everything using satelites.. and your currently suffering airstrikes on your anti air defences from carrierborne aircraft... during a civil war... yeah... good luck mate :D
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 am

Port Ember wrote:
Kyavan wrote:OOC: Have I just been fucking naval invaded?

OOC: yeahhh... more like your satelites are raped along with everything using satelites.. and your currently suffering airstrikes on your anti air defenses from carrierborne aircraft... during a civil war... yeah... good luck mate :D

OOC: Son.of.a.bitch! Apparently this Cold War just got hell of a lot hotter. *look for the nuke button*
Also here's the map.
Red: Kyavan
Blue: Ukrainimustan
Crimson: Port Ember
White: The Chuck
Pink: The Neo British Empire
Note: I had no idea where the dominion is so they aren't on the map yet. Have fun landing in the nuclear wasteland that is Siberia! 1.5 million men with pointy sticks and some bad gas wait for ya!
Last edited by Kyavan on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:09 am

20 miles out from the Fourth Kyavani trench line: Siberia

Lord Colonel Alexi Adresen was tired, most of the men on the front were. Months of hauling millions of tons in munitions to the frozen wasteland that is Kyavan's eastern sea board. Once there, they spent close to three months turning the coast into a fortress. With twelve lines trench spanning the entirety of the coast and extending 150 miles inland. They may have lost air superiority but any plane within a 500 kilometer radius will be immediately blown to smithereens with the full force of Kyavan's bleeding edge anti aircraft equipment. Alexi yawned, the civil war was far from the front, the only news he heard of the war came from the occasional telegram from the Grand Duke, a friend of Alexi's. He and his column of around 150,000 SR guardsmen with accompanying panzer and Death Corps support was on its way to the 4th Kyavani trench line as a last minute reinforcement to the grim trench line.

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:12 pm

The Chuck - Fort Short Littoral Magnetic Equipment Network Command (L.I.M.E.N. for short)

As the Dominion fleet closed in on Kyavan, monitors in the Fort Short L.I.M.E.N. center were on high alert. The over-the-horizon radar system had detected a large fleet of ships with in the vicinity of The Chuck. As such this had caused alarms to sound across the nation. As coastal defenses were put on alert, a high altitude supersonic RA-5C Vigilante was scrambled. As it flew towards the Dominion fleet, the radio squawked aboard the flagship of the Dominion fleet as the commander of Fort Short attempted to hail them on an open radio frequency,

"Break, Break. This is Commander Bryant Anderson of the Armed Forces of The Chuck. I am requesting that you state your intentions. Over."

While the commander attempted to hail the fleet, the RA-5C Vigilante used the high power camera in its bomb bay to view the fleet before breaking off and returning to friendly territory. Mid flight the images were beamed to Fort Short and a message was dispatched to the Presidential Palace in Charles Rock.

The Chuck - Charles Rock - Presidential Palace

Walter Sobchak was sitting at his desk when an aide ran in with the report concerning the fleet out in the ocean. Reading over it, Walter quickly pulled out a document and started typing up a response.

To: President Melissa C. Stern, The Dominion

Date: 2/12/2019

Encryption: High

Subject: Inquiry about the The Dominion Fleet

President Melissa C. Stern, I will be quite brief and direct in this letter. Our littoral defense measures have spotted what we believe is a war task force in close proximity with our country. We have already dispatched a scout plane that has identified these ships as being part of The Dominion and as such I would like to inquire into the mission of these ships and also write to you regarding mercantile commerce in the Pacific. From what we've seen it appears that we are not the ones being attacked today and as such I hope this is the case. In addition to this, I also want to make it clear that my government will not stand for any hindrance of merchant vessels crossing the Pacific unless they are in direct connection with what is occurring in Kyavan. I hope this is understandable and that this action will not expand but please be aware that we will be monitoring this situation quite closely.

Sincerely,

Walter Sobchak

President of The Chuck

-Slava-
Ukraini

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:14 am

Kyavan wrote:
Port Ember wrote:
OOC: yeahhh... more like your satelites are raped along with everything using satelites.. and your currently suffering airstrikes on your anti air defenses from carrierborne aircraft... during a civil war... yeah... good luck mate :D

OOC: Son.of.a.bitch! Apparently this Cold War just got hell of a lot hotter. *look for the nuke button*
Also here's the map.
Note: I had no idea where the dominion is so they aren't on the map yet. Have fun landing in the nuclear wasteland that is Siberia! 1.5 million men with pointy sticks and some bad gas wait for ya!

OOC:
That's not us. Look at our map. (The dark blue is us btw). Also, you have fun being absolutely destroyed by superhuman soldiers and advanced AI. Also, I find it kinda funny we're the only large powers in terms of land area in this RP.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:34 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Kyavan wrote:
Also here's the map.
(Image)

OOC:
That's not us. Look at our map. (The dark blue is us btw). Also, you have fun being absolutely destroyed by superhuman soldiers and advanced AI. Also, I find it kinda funny we're the only large powers in terms of land area in this RP.

OOC: I never heard back from you when we were choosing map locations so I just borrowed from history, apologies. I’ll get the new map out once I have the time.
Last edited by Kyavan on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ukraniumstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ukraniumstan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am

1st Zhapod Group, 10 miles east of Jadotgrad, 20:00

The army had been moving swiftly through Kyavan territory, thanks to the help of developed infrastructure, as well as friendly civilian and military contacts along the way. They had set up camp and were preparing to attack the enemy positions and crush this rebellion. Ukrani air wings and artillery had been bombing the enemy positions for a good two days now, and small groups of Spetsnaz had been conducting raids and scouting missions near and inside enemy territory in order to cripple supplies to the rebels. General Pavel stepped out of his command tent and walked over to a seemingly unimportant tent across from him, passing a small column of Oplot T-84's moving to the front lines.

Inside, he saw the leader of the UMSD(Ukraniumstan Military Science Division), Dr. Sakharov, looking over some cargo crates and making a final inspection of the new weapons that had recently been delivered from the homeland.

"Well?" the general asked, "Do you mind explaining what this is? I've had to drag you and this cargo along with me the whole way from Lviv. If it is of no consequence to you, of course, I would like to leave it back here when we make the assault."

The scientist looked up from his work, and looked at the general, saying, "Sorry for the inconvenience, general, but I recently got permission from the Rada to use this new device on the enemy targets before you make the attack. and no, I am not allowed to disclose the information for, security reasons."

"Why was I not informed of this? Brushilov should have told me about this."

"I am afraid that he does not know the nature of the weapons either..."

"Even him!?" The general, annoyed, answered, "I will get confirmation from the Rada. Keep your, 'weapons', here in the meantime." He turned to leave.

"Oh, general?"

"Yes?"

"I, uh, have something else coming in. Something a lot heavier."

Furious, the general stormed out of the tent.

Somewhere on the road to the Kyavan-Ukrani border, 22:00

A small convoy was rolling through, 4 BTR-3's and one KrAz Model 7000. The KrAZ was loaded with a rather large trailer. Under closer inspection, one would be able to see the markings of the UMSD on the side. The convoy was due for the front lines in about 3 days time.

1st Black Sea Squadron, Bay of Biscay, 23:00

The fleet had been moving for a few days now. A fleet consisting of a fair amount of destroyers, cruisers, 4 battleships, and 2 uranium-powered Aircraft carriers under experienced Admiral Tymoshenko, was moving to Kyavan to group up with the Kaiserliche Marine near Hamburg. The Admiral, who was currently in his study aboard the carrier, UNS Zaphadoria, was conversing with a lead scientist from the UMSD, as well as an agent from the ISU(Intelligence Service of Ukraniumstan).

"How far away should my fleet be when we deploy it?" The admiral asked

"About 20 miles. The charge that we received wasn't as great as the one on the Jadotgrad front, but it will be good for experimentation."

The admiral turned to the agent, saying "Send a message to your contacts the Kyavan navy. Tell them we are coming, and with a small surprise."

The agent nodded and headed off to the communications center...

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:06 pm

To: Ukraniumstan

Dear Fellow Leader

I find your lack of reply on my previous correspondance highly upsetting. I wrote to you in good faith, in an attempt to settle our differences in a civilised manner. However you clearly feel that we should deal with our matters in the ways of Ye Old.

Dear leader - Never mistake my civility and my kindness for weakness. Never make that mistake.

The Republic of Port Ember is the wealthiest nation on the planet. The sheer number and powerfull allies, combined with my technology and warfare experience is sheerly shocking to be honest.

My friendly advice to you Sir - keep me in a diplomatic mood. You will not like me when my nation gets angry.

And finally to prove my point - and to show you what can be expected if you anger me - I call for a general and total trade sanction campaign on your nation.

Let me know when you are tired of starving.

SIGNED
President Edward Flint
Republic of Port Ember

To: ALL ALLIES OF PORT EMBER

Dear ally!

I hereby respectfully request a TOTAL trade sanction on the nations of Kyavan and Ukraniumstan.

You are to cease any and all trade with the above mentioned states (including food/medical supplies etc), effective immediately.

Thank you for your support - I will return the favor when the time comes. The worlda strongest navy is at your defence!

SIGNED
President Edward Flint
Republic of Port Ember

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:27 pm

To: President Edward Flint
Encryption: Highest

Presidential Correspondence

President Flint,

In response to your first letter I must inform you that our government is not in a position to supply either side of the conflict with weapons or munitions. Though you understand our modus operandi and as such I hope you understand why we've taken this standpoint. Additionally, we have started to mobilize the militias and prepare for a potential defensive action if any hostile neighbors start to eyeball us. We also have contacted the The Dominion government regarding a naval fleet that is off the coast of Kyavan. It seems like the Lords of War have decided that there are bigger fish to fry at the moment. As such we will continue to build up our defenses and prepare for the future. I hope you understand our reasoning for this.

Pecunia Non Olet

Signed
President Walter Sobchak
Armed Republic of The Chuck

To: President Edward Flint
Encryption: Normal

Presidential Correspondence

President Flint,

In response to your most recent letter, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that we wholly agree with the trade embargo against Kyavan. The bad news is that I am afraid that we must decline the trade embargo on Ukraniumstan. Although we are wary of their influence in the Pacific with their base in Port Arthur, they are a nation that has traded with companies of ours in the past. As you know, we stand by our allies but we also seek to make a profit. Although they are involved in the current conflict, at this moment we will not cut off trade with them. Although if the situation escalates we will break contact and embargo them. I hope you understand our reasoning thus far.

Pecunia Non Olet

Signed
President Walter Sobchak
Armed Republic of The Chuck
Last edited by The Chuck on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Slava-
Ukraini

Ukraniumstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ukraniumstan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:28 pm

OOC: Sorry Port Ember. Writing the response now

Ukraniumstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ukraniumstan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:01 pm

To: The Republic of Port Ember

OFFICAL LETTER FROM THE VERHOVNAYA RADA

Dear President Edward Flint

First and foremost, I wish to apologize to you on the behalf of the entire Verhovnaya Rada for the delay. We have been very busy cleaning up both domestic and foreign affairs. I hope you understand

Regardless, I do wish to inform you, and forgive me for being blunt, that you need to reconsider this trade embargo. Food and uranium are the lifeblood of our nation, as it has been since our independence. To deny the world these necessities would not only be detrimental to our economy but to the rest of the world as well.

We also understand your, 'frustration', with the Kyavan people. While we did not agree with them using nuclear weapons to end the conflict, it is not within our jurisdiction on how nations use our uranium. I addition, we owe them a great deal for our independence, and we will support each other in our times of need.

However, I understand that a compromise must be made, and we are willing to negotiate over a certain piece of land, as well as new trade routes. Port Arthur stands in a very strategically important position, and also stands in the way of your global trade network. So here is our deal.

We will lease you several ports in West Harbor for trade and commerce, in exchange for lifting the trade sanctions and a renewal of diplomatic relations between our countries.

I hope you will consider this deal, and that we may reach a conclusion that will satisfy us both.

Heroyam Slava!

SIGNED
Hetman Petro Skoropadsky
The Commonwealth of Ukraniumstan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents