NATION

PASSWORD

Duetrogenesis, The Age of Myth [IC: Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Duetrogenesis, The Age of Myth [IC: Open]

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:31 am

Deutrogenesis, The Age of Myth
OOC
Lore

No-one knows what there was before the first world, personally I don't think that there was anything before us or rather I believe that we always existed in some form. What we do know is that we woke in an empty world, a place of shadow, cold and silence. We were innumerable back then before mortals existed when only we imimoya yokuqala were known simply as people. Reality was our canvas, a blank slate to mold as we pleased.

At first all seemed perfectly fine, at least I did not see any dissenters to the forging of a communal plane. When it was first forged the communal plane was featureless. It was a limbo, empty place, but still filled with the energy of creation. Awiase, as we had come to calling that plane, glowed faintly with energy and did not chill the soul.

Thandiswa, who would become one of the prominent imimoya yokuqala, was the first to suggest our next plan of action. “Let us all leave to build our own places. None should have the right to singularly influence this plane,” she argued.

Darcy, who would build a plane of terrors so fearful that they could not be described by mortal words, spoke against her. “This world is ours. I want to form it into that which pleases me, I don't care if you or anyone else tries to build their junk over my stuff. Whoever is greater, whoever dominates.” There were mutterings among the masses, positive and negative in attitude.

“But this place is for us all, it is our shared communal ground…”

They argued, had the concept of time been yet formed then I am certain we would have at least been at the debate for hours. Eventually, a compromise would be reached, first creating our own realms and then experiencing Awiase before taking action.

When we returned, Awiase was not what we had left. The communal realm now had a sky and earth, rivers flowed and there were fifteen oceans (each derived from a separate God). Each ocean was unique, different in some way like Ayesha's which brimmed with colorful creatures or Doriam's that seethed with hungry things that awaited flesh (and devoured each other readily). Mariana's ocean was without exception deep as a mountain's peak is high and Oceanus created the largest of these bodies.

Bipedal creatures, from which many gods chose their form, had now come into being. Humanus’ children and the only thing that existed within his realm. Unlike now, no sun shone but light merely permeated existence when a light deity was not present (which unfortunately for man on Awiase was not often). The laws of nature did not yet exist, they were only created in the next world. Awiase was after all not a planet but a plane unto itself, the things I have described here stretched on into infinity back then with no horizon.

Some gods were not happy though, these were outside the likes of Darcy who still tried to impose his will upon Awiase with varying results. No these were gods who wanted nothing but creation to crumble back into the void from whence they believed all things came. I don't know why they did not object at the first council or at any other time. Some of those lost theorized that they were merely manifestations of that dying unreality. These gods, the imimoya ephukile, did not only exert their will over Awiase but also vanquished the realms of many other gods. Kuasa, the goddess from whose realm the sparkling silver sea flowed, was the first to suffer this pain. With her realm broken, so did the silver oceans of the communal plane. Many planes of existence fell to the imimoya ephukile during the first confrontation; Maladi's realm of angels, Vivian's realm of ents, Malibongwe’s domain of flying mountains, Lorelei's dimension of singing crystals, Cujo's world of robots and Tsukasa's kingdom of hive-minds to name a few. Each time a plane fell, so did our shared world change and lost so many of its features.

The attack on Maria's sanctuary, the world of the kind selkie, was the inciting event. It was the event that brought all the imimoya yokuqala together against that threat in bloody war. From Thandiswa to Darcy and from Trinity to Anansi, we all joined against the destroyers. The was was bloody and pointless, we could not die any more than our adversaries but the battle still spilt our blood across the sanctuary of the selkie. The battle still raged when the realm collapsed under Maria’s misery, something snapped in her and the plane vanished in the blink of an eye. The selkie vanished from Awiase and poor Maria fell into a permanent state of dormancy.

This loss deeply affected many of the gods, I don’t know if it caused our eventual destruction but something changed in the ranks of the imimoya yokuqala. A collection of seventeen gods, including myself, decided to lay Maria to rest within Awiase. We chose a quiet beach with sand white like snow for her to sleep, under a tree which often fed her selkie. The vast majority of my kind, however, was broken in a very different way, instead of mourning or solemnity Maria’s fate seemed to spur them into a rage. The imimoya ephukile had altered their tactics as well, the war was no longer fought at an individual deities plane and instead, Awiase was washed in pain and suffering.

The few mortal species we had created had begun to congregate near Maria’s beach, in the war that had erupted over Awiase only that realm was safe. We seventeen watched over it, keeping it safe and from blood and harm. I created my first species during this altercation, knowing that my children could do very little but hoping that they would at least inspire hope and safety amongst their fellow mortals. The dragons were born to watch and guard the last sanctuary on our shared plane, given strict instructions to summon me rather than engage in combat on the perimeters. Within the safe-haven, my children acted as unbiased peace-keepers, one of the most powerful mortal races of Awiase.

The beginning of the end was Anansi, smallest and oldest of the tricksters. I don’t know why he betrayed his own kind, perhaps it was another effect of Maria’s loss or maybe he just thought it the most advantageous action on his part. Whatever his motivation, Anasi seemed to have approached the imimoya ephukile and agreed to poison his own kin. That fateful day he approached the collective gods, an unexpected peace allowed most of the seventeen to join, with a drink to celebrate. Neither toasts nor treachery was concept yet, we were intrigued by the idea of a celebratory drink.

“To peace! To the imimoya yokuqala! To Awiase!” Anansi shouted before throwing the drink down his own gullet. Many of the gods followed suit, a few others merely sipped at the drink before the treachery was revealed. Thandiswa was the first, she began to writhe in agony. Those who drank the whole goblet were affected the worst, soon the majority of us had torn themselves apart. Pieces of gods lay across the ruined field, glowing bits of expelled power housed in flesh and a new breed of gods. These new beings were later named the Wazee Roho or Elder Gods. We who had only sipped at the drink were not so strongly affected, I cannot describe what the others experienced but I developed a splitting headache. In moments the broken and bloodied land was deserted, save for Anansi, as the rest of us fled to somewhere we felt safer.

I emerged on Maria’s beach, a surprised and frightened dragon instructed a few humans to call their maker as he hurried to try and care for me. I will not record what happened to me then, some mysteries are still to be kept. Nonetheless each of us who survived unscathed was able to find some method by which we could recover from Anansi’s poison, unfortunately, that was not the last of his cruelty. Days went by before we were able to notice the repercussions, but soon it became evident that the realms and Awiase could not support themselves with the mere seventy imimoya yokuqala left.

After I had recovered, I spent some time wondering the shores of the beach, the imimoya ephukile were no longer attacking us so I was able to take the time to venture out into the world and see the beauty of all the various different kinds of trees and search deep into the earth for jewels once again. I wasn’t bound to protecting the mortals anymore, nor to seeing that they did not devolve into savagery and barbarism or fall to the warring imimoya yokuqala or imimoya ephukile. Humanus could call if a threat appeared (and hold it off until I arrived to aid him) while my children maintain order and civility. I decided that I would take my time enjoying the weak wind on my skin, enjoying the dim light and peering into the endless depths of the jewels which I often had affixed into new trophies or ornaments.

Walking past a forest, all it’s trees disappointingly seeming to have faded and all it’s leaves seeming less vibrant and flatter than the great creations of my fellows, and entered a old cave I often used to visit. The land was scarred around the two landmarks, great barrens of burned earth and chasms cut deeply into the land marred what was one a picturesque meadow bordered by the most gorgeous trees coloured in such vibrant, rich shades of green that one could get lost in the splendour of one cell alone. I remember needing to guide mortals away from looking at any item for their beauty then, many of them passed away in dazes as their consciousness was absorbed within the transfixing gleam of sand or mud. It had not occurred to me yet but something was wrong and Humanus could not or would not acknowledge the deterioration.

Deeper I climbed into the maw of the earth. All the diamonds and emeralds I passed during my descent seemed lower quality than what I was used to, they seemed to hold less lustre with dulled surface shine and diluted internal refraction. I kept pushing deeper and deeper, there was one beautiful jewel I knew must still remain. Before the imimoya ephukile I had found it many miles beneath the surface of Awiase, the queen of all jewels, shimmering pure diamond roughly the size of what would be known as stars. Today I have it harvested and refined it so that it may adorn the s Tir na Nog but when I arrived to see it that day though, I was devastated. It was like all the others; a faded stone of lower quality, only I had seen this jewel before and knew how beautiful it should be. “Something is wrong.” I muttered.

Days later I had finally found out what was wrong. The various planes, including precious Awiase, were failing. Either they required constant support or whatever Anansi did had somehow changed the fundamental nature of reality, regardless of what it was planes needed to be constantly supported by a god or gods or the void would begin to reclaim it. Things had begun to look different because the planes were not instantly destroyed, but their existence was being drained away without a primordial to sustain the realm.

“Humanus, we need to call a meeting of the gods. All of the imimoya yokuqala and the wazee roho should come.” I called to my friend, he was teaching a few mortal children how to build a fire. “We have a grave problem, one that we may need to collectively solve.”
Last edited by Arasi Luvasa on Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:33 am

Yxarus, The Great Anarch

in the outer most regions of Awiase, in the Fortress of Bedlam, Yxarius, the Anarch, Great and Terrible, sat on his throne, stroking his chin as he watched eagerly the Treachery of Anansi against his fellow cursed imimoya yokuqala. His eyes glowed with unadulterated maleficence as he saw each of them writhe in agony and pain, such pain he only wished to inflict upon the whole of the cosmos, of all of Awiase, on every living thing who dares oppose him. Oh how the thought of the end of this pitiful universe, and all it's agonized Order, Laws and rules filled the Anarch with glee, knowing that he himself shall regin Supreme and all ephukile shall be free.

Below his throne the imimoya ephukile did watch beside their master, three eyes glowing and teeth, fangs and tusks baring at the sight of their enemy, whom for near eternity they have waged unholy war against, eager for the return of chaos and entropy. They snarled, snapped, growled and hissed before giving into horrific shrieks of joy as they saw one by one their sworn enemies fall to the ground in pain. The work of their master has come to fruition and a great attack on the yokuqala have fallen to victory. This was celebration as the

Bravo! Bravo! Good job! Good job! Marvelous work! See how the Yokuqala easily betray each other? See how easily even just one of them can snap like a tooth pick and bring ruin to their own kind? Yxarus cackled as he clapped his six gloved hands and sipped from his glass of wine,Anansi has done well and he shall be dutifully rewarded as part of our deal. He will make great, powerful and terrible ephukile among our ranks. He shall help us with the ruin of Awiase, of which the end is nigh! Already the planes are failing and falling into decay and together rule over a new realm of delirium!

The ephukile laughed their most terrible laughs. Oh what horrors would come upon a mortal, limited mind whom lays eyes upon these great abominations? Evil was as foul and ugly in the beginning as it always is and always shall be.

Yxarius raised his hand and as if by command they all fell silent and stared at their master with glowing eyes. Of course this is only the beginning of a new tactic of warfare. There is till much work to be done. he said before reaching out into the universe and touching the mind of the Great Traitor, Come to me, Great Anansi. Come to me for your reward and so we may discuss your next task. Victory is assured, but much work is till to be done... We shall make the Yokugala truly suffer yet...
Last edited by Triassica on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:19 pm

Tyspater, God of Kings

"Who are you to challenge me?"

Tyspater's furious voice echoed through the room.

"I am TYSPATER. My left eye is the unrelenting Sun. My right eye is the merciful rain. My power is thunder and diamond, inevitable and indestructible. I am the God of Kings and King of Gods. I AM. THE LORD. OF. THIS. WOR-"

"Oh get on with it you drunken bastard!" one of the spectators bellowed.

The interruption was met with uproarious laughter from the assembled crowd. Tyspater couldn't help but chuckle as well, although doing so caused him to stumble and almost spill his cup of wine.

"Alright, then, let's get on with it." Tyspater said.

Tyspater and his court were assembled in the throneroom of his flagship. The walls were made from silvery-white metal, and the ceiling was supported by golden statues of Tyspater holding jars of water. On one side of the room was Tyspater, standing alone. On the other were the other great warriors of Tian. They were Tavvus and Tivval, the twin gods of horsemanship and sailing, Nerek, warrior goddess of the dawn, Rakat, goddess of the Sun's secret poisons, Utzi, undead god of winter storms, and Sukal Ma, god of advisors and ambassadors and living incarnation of the Tablet of Light. Arrayed alongside them were 30-odd translucent wind spirits. Between Tyspater and his opponents lay a golden rope.

"Alright, here are the rules." Tyspater took hold of one end of the rope with his intact arm. "If I pull you over the line, you each have to drink once. But if you pull me over the line, I have to drink 36 times, or once for each of you. Understand?" Tyspater's opponents all nodded or cheered as they grabbed their end of the rope.

"Now!"

The other gods and spirits pulled on the rope as hard as they could. Tyspater made a show out of not trying, of staring off into space with a nonchalant expression on his face as the other gods completely failed to move him. Finally, after he bored of showing off, he lightly tugged on the rope. Immediately, all of Tyspater's opponents stumbled forward over the line. Tyspater's victory was met by raucous cheers from the assembled crowd, and chants of "DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!". Tyspater joined in the chant, clapping and stamping his feet. His victory celebration was interrupted, however, when he was approached by Sukal Ma.

"My lord, we may have to postpone the rest of the night." Sukal Ma said, holding a holographic display of the Golden Fleet. "A sore loser, eh Sukal?" Tyspater joked. "If you forfeit the bet, you'll have to repay me in other ways." Tyspater said with a wink.

"No, my lord," Sukal Ma responded stoically. "we've found them." Sukal Ma waved his hand through the hologram, causing it to shift to an image of a swarm of flying Ephukile demons. Tyspater's expression immediately hardened. "Our scouts say neither Anansi nor the Anarch are among them," Sukal continued. "but as you speculated, they may know of Anansi's location." Tyspater nodded, and silently summoned his spear.

"Brothers! Sisters! Friends!" Tyspater bellowed, banging Skybreaker on the floor of the ship. "I'm afraid we'll have to cancel the rest of tonight's games. But fear not! We will still have cause to celebrate by the time the Sun sets! FOR GLORIOUS BATTLE IS UPON US!"
Last edited by Utceforp on Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:37 am

At the Beginning of a new Beginning

I had fallen with grace, indeed, there was a smile on my face indicating that I was satisfied with the result of Anasi's madness as I had split my power into two pieces, the one talking, and the one that would be the cherry on top for all my plans, as of now, that one hasn't been born yet, but I eagerly await my child. As for myself, I first fled into the wilderness while being beset by pain, I don't know about you, but getting your power sliced into a portion is something that you should never have to experience. Anyway, where was I? Ah yes, my flight into the wilderness. What, you don't believe I can fly due to having no relations with flight whatsoever in my powers? I can make a boundary between the ground and I with ease, don't cast doubt on my power. So, flight into the wilds, then, after that, a blackout. As you may have noticed, I am awake, and thus that previous event has passed, and, no, I can't talk to myself when I am knocked out, Anasi's concoction was quite potent, yes.

Now I am walking around this wilderness, pretty dull and lifeless if you ask me. The brown trunks aren't as brown as they used to be, the ground is off, and the leaves are slightly pale, nope, quite pale actually. Trust me, before all this craziness, the planet was a paradise for the mortals, but now... Hmm, I better fly now to see what damage has been wrought upon this realm. I want to go home after all this, but I think I won't be staying at home for long, if this nagging feeling is any indication. Up, and up I go, and I see a panorama of the land. A world broken by war is what I see. Crevices and cracks upon the mishmash of charred and dry soil that was the ground, and rarely would there be patches of grass. Was this what they wan. ted? Something is off, something is terribly, terribly off.

Yep, us dammit, they truly got what they wanted, a return to the state of void. Weak portions of the various realms in the entire universe began falling apart, and eventually, they would begin to fade into the void, hell, some were fading right now, and a few had already faded away fully. Subsumed for eternity into the darkness, never to be returned. It was like dropping stuff into black holes, but at least those had the tact to leave behind a sort of material made out of the various things that they've eaten, but to throw something into the void, that was to damn it to permanent deletion, unless you were a deity, that is, mortals and other, non-deity beings could simply not survive there, for now.

As I return to the ground, towards a cave, I see someone else, whom I recognize as my sister, Minastauriel, or as I liked to nickname her, Mima. I fly over to her location, "Hail Sister Mima! What is needed?".
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:17 am

KIRSIN

There was one truth to the universe. One inherent truth to every interaction, cause and effect, every instance of existence - force is present within everything. There are no objects, no egos, no single instances that do not bow to the Laws of Physics in some manner. Force is the persisting truth of the universe. From its seminal instance to the universe's final throes, force shall play the greatest part in its enduring life.

The god Kirsin knew of this importance. Perhaps the Laws of Physics needed no defending, no guiding, but if only to be closer to the only ideal that they had ever shown affinity for, Kirsin relished their title as those laws' defender. The great being, clad in a golden armour, head black as the night save for the two red eyes which reflected the universe's forces, and carrying a great shield, to defend and to mark their status. Kirsin was well aware of their own subservience to those laws, and despite what many gods and mortals believed, they too were subservient to those laws. Kirsin would have placed force on a pedestal of its own, chief above even the gods, had they the authority to do so.

These laws permeated the non-physical too. Force of will, steadfastness of spirit, each of those things followed laws as delicately calculated and as predictable as Kirsin's valued physical laws. Kirsin had spent time beyond time, within his own Zoric Space, considering the great calculations of will. Perhaps his hypothesis would never be as completed as that of force, but Kirsin knew it to be true, beyond any other law, that any being is predictable and calculable.

Kirsin focused their power into one star. The chemical bonds tightened, the star continued its gradual descent into pure force, but it came at a greater rate now, collapsing into what some might call a 'black hole'. Kirsin, however, saw it as the intent of all their work. One day, perhaps, they would see beyond the edge of science, beyond the infinite forces present in that rip in space, to transcend force itself by understanding it completely. For while force was Kirsin's only love, it too was their greatest challenge. Kirsin turned away, striding across space and leaving the black hole behind. Soon all spirits, gods and mortals would understand the inevitability and infinity of force throughout the universe. Though not this one, one would come, when Kirsin takes their rightful place above all gods, with Physics as their mistress.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:56 am

Austris
The Aether

She flies.

Carried by a grey tide of swirling, cracking air, she – ‘Austris’, as she apparently is, for that is what she thinks when she thinks of herself – falls from the forest floor of the Aether into the endless sky. It pushes at her and she feels it, all of it, a visceral mass of seething energy that is at once all hers and alien – and somehow seems restrained, too, like it might burst into even greater chaos at any moment were it not for it being anchored.

Her first instinct is that she is the anchor.

Into the iridescent sky she flies, momentum building by the second.

No.

Kicking out, she pivots in the air to face the storm. Then, reaching out behind herself, she pushes.

The thunder is upon her at once. Wind and hail lash at her exposed form, her hair and cloak wrenched backwards with unquestionable force. Banks of dark cloud rush past her, swamping her vision even as her other senses are overwhelmed utterly with moisture, cold and fury. Every second is exposure to energy in its purest, multiplicitous form.

Still she pushes, forcing herself to slow and thus gain speed against the torrent. She holds her eyes open against the rush, shining with determination. Her hands splay, droplets and minute shards of ice bouncing against them. She hears the boom of lightning sound above her and does not flinch.

And then it calms.

With all the fanfare of a stream freezing over, the elemental barrage begins to quieten. The wind slows; the rain and hail begin to fall, not batter. For the first time, her sight pierces the clouds.

Minutes pass and, with them, the juggernaut stills.

Austris breathes.

She gazes around herself. The banks still flicker with lightning, the ice and water still fall. The power quite clearly remains; it has merely retreated from actuality to potentiality. A potentiality that, it seems, might just be hers to command…

Austris extends her hand, not quite believing it – but then a minute eddy forms, swirling within her palm. She senses it as she does the tempest as a whole.

How… How do I have this?

That question draws her mind towards the past. Near immediately she recoils, the recalled sensations bizarre, twisted somehow.

Austris blinks, then frowns, fists curling, head beginning to shake in defiance.

And so, floating within the Storm, she plunges into her mind once more, that she may find out who she is.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Toaslandia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Toaslandia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Dryadalis sat on his throne in Malleus Maleficarum, looking upon Awiase with disdain. The Primordials that had been destroyed by Anansi created him, yet he felt that the ones that survived and tried to help the mortals along were weak, but to challenge them would be foolish, so he decided to try his hand at creation. He grabbed some of the plague-ridden air of Malleus Maleficarum and molded it into a disgusting heap of limbs and heads, and placed it at his feet. It moved erratically, shrieking and clawing at the air, and Dryadalis smiled under his helm. "You are Vexillifer, bearer of plagues and first of your kind. You shall stay here in my realm, until those "Humans" have developed enough for it to be a fair fight." The Vexillifer looked at Dryadalis with soulless eyes, and shambled around the realm.
Founder of The United Imperial Provinces and proud colonizer of space!

A class 1.181 civilization according to this index

Just a Socialist trying to live in Trump America

Houyhnhnm Cities
Attaché

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Houyhnhnm Cities » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:33 pm

Nanaulatai

In the beginning was the word. Well, not really a "word". More like a death rattle. A pitiful thing escaped from the lips of a poisoned god. His name
is not important, for what importance has a name that is no more? His song ended that day, but a new one was about to begin.

The sound made his way underground, bouncing in the caves beneath the skin of the world. It carried with it the tiniest spark of divinity, just enough not to disperse completely. It bounced ad echoed until it reached a large underground chamber, digged by millennia of erosion. There, it kept echoing, more and more, unable to leave. It began to concentrate, and soon, it was sound no more.

Noise was the first things Nanaulatai understood. The flapping of his wings, the drops of water falling from stalagmites, the skittering of the insects on the cave floor. This was chaos, a beutiful, useless chaos. It made Nanaulatai happy. So, he began to sing. And by singing, he began to see.

He sang his heart out, exploring the caves, but the deeper he went, the more he realized that what seemed a perfect world at first was actually full of cracks and imperfections. Several stalagmites were broken, as if they lost the will to hang to the ceiling, and several celings were covered by threatening cracks.

Nanaulatai knew that the caves were collapsing. The creaks in the rocks left little room for doubt, and that made him sad. What cruelty could have brought him into a world so beutiful, only when it was about to end? So, one night, he decided to fly away from his caves, looking for the answer.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:31 am

Fill your belly. Make merry, day and night. Let days be full of joy, nights full of love. Dance and make music, day and night. This alone is my command to Man.

~ The Commandment of Ishtarte ~

Atop Mount Pertho the Goddess Ishtarte was lazily reclining beside a pond in her fair Gardens of Pairidaeza with a pouting expression of displeasure on her otherwise divinely beautiful face. Though her gardens were as beautiful as she could have imagined, though they had filled to the brim with such spirits, daimons and angels as followed Ishtarte, all of whom were either hard at work realizing their mistress's plan for her mountaintop home, or rejoicing in its wonders, though within her sturdy walls all was to the liking of the Chaosborn she was discontent. For all yonder her walls was displeasing.

The Walls of Pairidaeza was deliberately built so tall and so great as to deny the inhabitants of the garden a view of the rest of Gehenna bellow Mount Pertho. Yet Ishtarte's own palace in the centre of the gardens was taller and greater still, and the goddess had keen eyes, and what she observed bellow her mountaintop abode displeased her. The goddess observed with cold eyes Pandemonium, abode of Yxarus. More than one deity there present was familiar to Ishtarte, for she had fought against them, these imimoya ephukile, and now they celebrated in Bedlam on invitation of Yxarus himself. Ishtarte grinned her teeth, she had half a mind to charge down the mountainside with her followers and fight against Yxarus's friends, and the deity himself should he seek to stop her. Yxarus was not fit to rule Gehenna. Ishtarte herself would be a much more worthy sovereign of the realm.

These thoughts of the goddess was interrupted by the approach of one of her chief lieutenants, Kosomoko, chieftain of the Baalaraukar tribe of demons, a being fearsome to look upon. Manlike in shape and form but easily twice as tall and cloaked in shadow and fire, was Kosomoko, a fiend to haunt the nightmares of mortals. Yet the piercing eyes of a deity could see beyond the darkness of the demon prince and see noble and exquisite features. "Queen." The Baalarauko growled. "What." Ishtarte growled back. Kosomoko, who knew his mistress's moods, did not react to the tone of the demon queen. "The god Tyspater attacks demons in the skies from his fleet." Kosomoko declared.

That caught Ishtarte's attention. "My demons?" She exclaimed furiously. Kosomoko shook his head. "No, my queen. By your orders your demons are confined to Gehenna. These demons are like to serve imimoya ephukile ..." Kosomoko declared being cut of by his queen. "Well what is that to me then?" She exclaimed. "They have chosen their fate, I care not that Tyspater and his crew kill them." Ishtarte haughtily declared. Kosmoko nodded. "Yes my queen, but as I was about to say, while the demons Tyspater battle are like to serve the imimoya ephukile they may also be demons that served Darcy but did not join you during the war." Kosmoko said.

The mention of her old lover brought a brief glimpse of sadness to the otherwise so jovial and festive features of the goddess of love. She pondered the matter for a moment. Then she sighed. "Go, Kosomoko. Seek out these demons and determine what sort of demon they are. If they will acknowledge my title as Queen of All Demons, save them. If not, well let Tyspater have his pound of flesh ... Or malevolent spirit I suppose." The goddess chuckled smugly at that last comment. Kosomoko bowed respectfully. "Your will my queen. But before I depart, there was one other matter." The Baalarauko said.

"Spit it out." An impatient Ishtarte ordered. When decisions was made and orders given Ishtarte did not possess much patience. "Your Majesty has been wondering why the music stopped." Kosomoko said. Ishtarte nodded in annoyance. "I liked that music." She petulantly declared. "It was wonderful to dance to, and one of the few things I liked about Gehenna and then all of a sudden it just stops. Is it Yxarus or that degenerate Dryadalis? It is isn't it. The one good thing in Gehenna and those guys shut it down." Ishtarte growled. "No queen." Kosomoko said. "The music came from Nanaulatai, and Nanaulatai has left the Echoing Caverns." Kosomoko said. Ishtarte turned from her lieutenant to look out over Gehenna once more. Her eyes soon fell upon a black bat flying up from the base of Mount Pertho. "So I see." Ishtarte remarked. "That's all, Kosomoko, go deal with those flying demons." She added. Kosomoko bowed. "My Queen." He spoke.

The chieftain of the Baalaraukar withdrew from his mistress. Once more into the fray it seemed. Quickly Kosomoko began gather a large detachment of the demon guard protecting the Gardens of Pairidaeza, and angels formerly of Maladi who now served in the Gardens. The force assembled he roared at them. "Demonkin of ours has been scouted in the skies with Tyspater of Elysium pursuing them. The Queen commands that these demons, if they are willing to serve her shall be rescued, if they are not they shall be destroyed." Kosomoko roared. The assembled demons roared battlecries back at him, and Kosomoko's shadow reached out like two great wings. "To war!" Kosomoko roared, sincerely hoping it was with renegade demons and not the host of Elysium. Then he took flight, his host of demons and angels following him. Quickly they rose and soon they where free of Gehenna and entered the skies where Tyspater chased the demons not yet in Ishtarte's service.

Back in the Gardens of Pairidaeza Ishtarte observed her host takeoff but then turned her attention to the bat flying upwards from the base of her mountain. Not since Darcy had Ishtarte been close to any other deity. She sometimes missed it, and the bat did make beautiful music. Making a quick decision she began waving manically at the bat to make it land in her garden.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Austris
The Storm

Austris finds success, at first. From summoning and manipulating whirling patches of weather, she begins teasing out individual aspects of her elemental control. Watery torrents come naturally, as does hail and the lightning bolt. Pushing and pulling air she masters within minutes and cloud comes soon after. Beyond that she has more difficulty – attempts to form a stable sphere of liquid fail and her hopes to create a platform of ice on which to stand are similarly dashed – but it is a promising start.

Then she attempts to explore her mind.

That, she finds, is a maelstrom. Memories of leaping from rock to rock and along the prow of waves, of cold, harsh laughter and unleashed might, of climbing, reaching out towards a pinnacle, and of so many other things, seem sucked into the whirlpool, eddies and currents thrown together into a chaotic flow with a single confluence of shattering; plunging in only results in her drowning amongst the experience of simultaneous conceptual streams that – she senses – should be entirely separate.

She drags herself out before she is entirely sucked in, breathing hard.

That… “I do not want to do that again,” she pronounces to the howling wind and crashing thunder, whatever part of her thoughts is still idle noting that these are stronger than previously. “I do not want to do that again,” she repeats to herself.

Well then, what do I do?

The question is obvious. Answers are not. Austris floats within the Storm as it calms around her, staring the problem down.

She glances around. The issue is mental; whatever that was, I need to work it out, re-order my mind if I can. And I’m not going to find the answers here. I don’t… I probably do know something or someone who can help, but I am not throwing myself into that again to find out.

So… Exploration? Onwards and outwards?

Her fist clenches, eyes close. Even as the Storm quietens, a breeze runs down her arm.

Onwards and outwards.

So Austris draws in a current of wind behind herself and, once more, pushes. She rockets forward, streaking through cloud. The air, water and ice part around her and, for the first time, she smiles. It is a satisfied smile.

Upon breaking through to the cloud’s edge, that smile vanishes, replaced with a look of confusion.

About a hundred metres off the bow of the flagship of the Golden Fleet of Tian

What is…
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Toaslandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Toaslandia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:25 am

Dryadalis looked at the fighting, and frowned. He wished to go fight in bloody combat with the other gods, but he decided on something else. He turned to the Vexillifer, which had reproduced using spores on it's bodies, and was now surrounded by smaller, but quickly growing Vexillifers. "I wonder if demons are immune to plague. It wouldn't hurt to try. Vexillifer, go spread your plague to those demons, and I will watch from afar. No need to fight several gods by myself." And with that, he hurled the Vexillifer to the battle, it's plague ridden body latching onto a demon in panic.

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:22 pm

Uion

Silence filled the room as Uion was meditating in the meditation room of his palace. Simple yet orate with braziers in the four corners of the room. Floating in the air in a meditative stance and his staff laid on his knees, Uion could feel the state of his hidden refuges on in the planes and felt that something was wrong. In his home realm of Haven, the mighty crystal that gives light to the realm grows dimmer with no apparent reason. Along with other parts of Haven he could feel a growing weakness and it was not just Haven. On Awiase near one of them, a sanctuary inside of a remote cave on a mountain range on Awiase and decided to investigate for himself. Slowly floating to the ground and getting upright with his staff in his right hand. Uion enflamed himself and teleported himself to the cave sanctuary.

Appearing in the middle of the cave sanctuary, materializing in a burst of flame. This sanctuary was newly built and was empty, devoid of any life as Uion examining the area. Igniting his staff on the top end to use as a torch and started to noticed that the stone was weaker then it was before. Enough that part of the cave had already caved in and effectively sealed the off the sanctuary to the outside. "This is not right". he thought as he used his power to clear the debris. He journeyed outside and noticed that not just the stone was failing but, the trees and the plants. "What is causing this and I need to tell Lord Tyspater of this". He quickly reasoned with himself and departed to find Tyspater.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:31 pm

High on a Throne of Royal State, Ishtarte exalted sit, by merit raised. Devils and Demons, Kings of Nine and Seven Hells, she gathers bellow her unenvied throne. Livyatan, Hasatan, Apollyon, Mamon, Baalpheor, Hashmedai and the Nameless One.

~ Apocryphal and unattributable poem excluded from the Lilithine Canon ~

The demon was terrible and frightful to behold. Strong and powerful and thrice again as tall as Kosomoko from the horns of its greatest head to the hoof of its longest leg, it stood. Its torso was manlike in shape but safe for its principal head little else of it was mannish. The principal head of the demon was like a grotesque caricature of a man's features, all twisted and perverted features with a permanent licentious and obscene grin affixed to its lips. From the mouth issued an endless stream of flames of fire and atop the head sat a garish crown of molten gold. Beside this primary head was two others, which had the likeness of a bull and a ram respectively. Each head seemed to operate independently of the others with little if any coordination. This perception was reinforced by the fact that the demon possessed three pairs of arms, each corresponding to the heads which similarly lacked much by way of coordination. Neither rams nor bulls had legs but that had not stopped the demon from sporting pairs of arms that looked exactly like what one would expect the arms of a ram or a bull to look like. Of legs the demon had four and all where the taloned legs of a rooster. The demon rode astride another of this species, a lion like creature with the wings and neck of a dragon. The demon was male, with an obscenely exaggerated organ to prove it.

"Compensation for insecurity much." Kosomoko imagined his mistress's reaction to the commander of the unknown demons, and it brought a smile to his demonic features. But only for a moment. For the situation was getting desperate. In the distance Tian was slowly taking shape and the screams and wails of the demons pursued by the Golden Fleet could already be heard. "Ishtarte, Empress of the Nine Hells, Queen of All Demons, She who is of both Chaos and Order, sends me." Kosomoko growled at the vast demon prince before him. "The Queen of Queens commands; all demons are summoned to her side to pledge their allegiance, none are to enter Awiase absent her order. Who are you that define the Queen's wishes!" Kosomoko roared.

The demon prince glared at Kosomoko with all three faces, without the obscene grin ever leaving his humanlike face. "Who am I?" The demon roared indignantly his voice like thunder. "Who am ? I am Lord of flies. I am the Liar and the father of Lies. I am chief of the imimoya yokuqala and imimoya ephukile, and I am the God of this world. The least of my deeds are terrible beyond comprehension and my rage makes the gods tremble. Who am I? I am Ha-satan Ebils the Lustful!" The demon roared in unison from three mouths. The roar was deafening and for all the excess of the demon's outwardly appearance Kosomoko knew when he faced a true power, and for a moment he regretted his haughty words. He was powerful, the prince of the Baalaraukar, but the being before him might be beyond him.

Happy at Kosomoko's speechlessness the demon crowed. "Ishtarte you say? That little snip of a girl? I knew her well. What is she but Darcy's old whore, a cunt whose only purpose in this universe is to be filled up by her betters." The demon laughed. "Piss on Ishtarte, I take no orders from her. I like roaming Awiase and what of it? Me and my followers enjoy it here, and we won't leave because your queen tells us to. You scurry on now. Give your queen a wet kiss from me, tell her to prepare for my visit. I won't pledge allegiance to her, but she can pledge allegiance to my co..."

"Hashmedai!" Kosomoko interrupted the obscene rant of the demon. It fell quite and glared at him with disappointment and perhaps even a little bit of fear. "That is your name is it not. You served Darcy before the war in a minor capacity. Thats how you knew about the Queen and Darcy, and why you don't yet know better than to speak against her wishes." Kosomoko laughed mirthfully at having identified the demon. Hashmedai, the perverse smile fading briefly from his human face, was perturbed. "Aye, I am Hashmedai, what of it? So I served Darcy once? Who cares? Darcy's gone aint he, the bugger? Now I am my own man, and I don't take orders from Darcy's old squeeze, or from you. I command seventy two demonic legions, squirt, you think you can make me leave Awiase? I would love to see you try." The demon petulantly declared.

Kosomoko smiled. Then he gestured back at the advancing Tian. "No, I think Tyspater is going to make you leave Awiase." Kosomoko remarked pointing at the Golden Fleet. "And as for your legions that rabble behind you is an undisciplined mob that doesn't merit the term legion. Mayhaps there are seventy two now, I'll take you on your word. But if you don't do something soon then there are not like to be seven left when Tyspater is done with you." Kosomoko declared.

Hashmedia, less combatively turned and looked back in the direction of the Golden Fleet where the stragglers of his fleeing undisciplined legions where quickly being outflown by Tyspater's airships. The demon grunted, but with little defiance and when it spoke it did so, perhaps for the first time in the conversation with some thought. "The Golden Fleet is a tough cookie I'll admit." Ashmedai said. "I have faced him and his dogs before and they don't pull punches. But my folks know how to outsmart and outrun them." The demon declared. Then he paused for a moment. "Unless you have a better idea? ... You or ... The Queen?" The demon, almost meekly asked. Kosomoko looked him in the eyes, all six of them. Hasmedai had capitulated, he clearly didn't want to fight Tyspater. Unfortunately that meant Kosomoko would have to.

"I do." The prince of the Baalaraukar sternly declared. "You gather your legions and follow my scouts to the Queen. I and my host stay here and buy you some time." Hashmedai's next word surprised Kosomoko. "I will stay with you, my people will follow your scouts. As I said, I know all the tricks and might be of more use to you than you think." Hashmedai declared, proving that apparently there was such a thing as honor among demons. Kosomoko nodded. "As you wish." He replied. Then he put on his helmet of black iron, unfurled the tails of his nine-tailed whip and turned facing his disciplined troops while his scouts organized a retreat for Hashmedai's horde. Kosomoko pointed the hilt of his whip at the oncoming Tian. "Demons, devils, angels, spirits. Soldiers of Ishtarte. The Queen commands it; that you hold the forces of Tyspater off till the seventy two legions of the Queen's most leal subject, Hashmedai the Lustful, has retreated and returned to the waiting arms of her Hellish Majesty." Kosomoko bellowed at his troops. "Arrayed against us are the Golden Fleet of Tian, its master Tyspater and all those spirits and imimoya yokuqala that serve him. A fearful armament to be sure. Are you fearful; soldiers of Ishtarte?" Kosomoko demanded. His troops broke out into raucous roars of denial. Kosomoko smiled. He faced an overwhelming adversary but what mattered that when he commanded the finest demonic army he could have ever imagined. He turned away from his troops and lashed his whip in the direction of Tian, its nine tails cutting through the air with a thunderous noise. "To war!" Kosomoko roared.

Hashmedai howled inarticulately, and the Demonic Host broke out into war cries and slowly, in solid formations they advanced, the retreating legions of Hashmedai avoiding them to make a rapid retreat. But it was not rapid enough. Time was a strange concept yet it seemed pretty clear to Kosomoko that he would have to stand and fight against Tian for quite some time. Hashmedai stopped his howling. "Thats what I like to hear, the arms of Ishtarte is a bloody nice place to be to hear Darcy tell it. Tell me your name, squirt, and let me call you friend." The demon enthusiastically declared, wrapping one of its bull arms around Kosomoko's shoulders. "I am Kosomoko, Lord of the Baalaraukar." Kosomoko replied. Hashmedai nodded. "Well friend Kosomoko, you will be happy to have me by your side. As I said I have faced those pesky airships before, I know a trick, that will see us get out of this alive. In exchange, maybe you don't tell Ishtarte what I said about her when I meet her? I was only joking, what's Awiase come to if two friends can't have some friendly banter without everyone else having to know." Hashmedai spoke. Kosomoko smirked. "Banter? Is that what you call saying that the only purpose of the Empress of Hell is to be had by her betters?" Kosomoko jested. "Yup. Just friendly banter. Just friendly, secret, banter." Hashmedai said. Kosomoko nodded slowly. Tian was close by now. The prince of the Baalaraukar pulled back his whip and drew his large battle-ax. "All-right." He said. "A trick would be nice right about now." He remarked inclining his head towards the airship armada.

Hashmedai lowered his voice to a whisper. "You know how time, is a malleable concept right? Well Darcy had this trick, I learned from him, that allows you to make what should take a short time take a long time. Used it to torture people and delay their deaths for ever or something. Thing is, it works the other way as well." Hashmedai began an explanation. Kosomoko, though intrigued, was however distracted by two unexpected occurrences. "Look!" He interrupted Hashmedai. Somewhere between the slowly advancing Demonic Host and the Golden Fleet of Tian, right in the middle of the fleeing horde of Hashmedai, there appeared at first some sort of storm or bank of clouds, and then moments later some odd ... thing, that latched unto one of Hashmedai's followers, a succubi, seemingly causing her some distress. "Just the kind of distraction we need to effect our escape." Kosomoko spoke ponderously. "Prepare your time magic, Hashmedai." He spoke more loudly. "Either we or Tian are like to receive reinforcements, either way I don't much care to stay here one moment longer than your legions need." Kosomoko declared. "You and me both brother." Hashmedai replied.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:11 pm

Tyspater, Winged Bull of Heaven

In every direction Tyspater looked, the sky was a uniform shade of slate grey, darkened by a rapidly encroaching storm. Tyspater and his most trusted Wind Spirit warriors stood ready on the upper deck of his flagship. Several other ships were arranged nearby, containing equally large hosts of soldiers. Every so often lightning would flash, and in the distance, specks of black could be seen - the swarm of Ephukile demons. As the stragglers of the demonic host came into range of the Golden Fleet's cannons, they were struck down by beams of blinding light, their smoldering remains falling into the clouds and towards the obscured surface of Awiase. Tyspater couldn't help but smile - his enemies fled before him.

"This storm the work of the demons of Yxarus!" Tyspater shouted over the deafening thunder. "They are evil-minded and mischievous, and they wish to subvert the rightly-guided workings of the sky." He planted his sandaled feet firmly on the warm metal of his ship, preparing to launch himself into the storm. "I will act as the tip of the spear! My divine host will follow me, divided into five cohorts. Those who are gathered here shall have the honour of fighting alongside me, and defending my august self. Tavvus, Nerek, Rakat, and Utzi will command the remaining four cohorts, who will flank the demons while we engage them. Tivval, the venerable High Admiral of Tian, will command my fleet while I enter the fray of battle, providing artillery fire and striking down the foulest of our enemies with weapons of light."

Tyspater banged the butt of his spear against the deck. "Do you understand your orders?" he yelled.

"YES LORD!" the assembled warriors responded.

He repeated the action. "Will we win the day, as we always have?!" he yelled louder.

"YES LORD!" the assembled warriors responded again.

He slammed his spear into the deck of the ship as hard as he possibly could, and allowed it to be struck by an errant thunderbolt. "WILL WE TAKE THE HEADS OF OUR ENEMIES, AND THROW THEM BACK TO GEHENNA WHERE THEY BELONG?!"

"YES LORD!" the assembled warriors responded once more.

Tyspater bellowed a battle cry, and his warriors responded in kind. They charged off the decks of their ships, running across the wind-swept air as if it were solid ground. Beams of white light arced over their heads, aimed towards the distant swarm of demons. Tyspater could see a dark shape in the clouds ahead - perhaps another straggler. Eager to draw first blood, he charged at the shape, followed by his soldiers. Suddenly, he was able to see it more clearly - it was a woman, with pale skin and grey hair. "Hold! Hold!" he yelled. "That is no demon!"

The wind spirits came to stop in front of Austris of the Storm. "What manner of being are you?" Tyspater said, pointing his spear at the woman. "Are you wont to serve Gehenna or Elysium?"

Through the storm, out of the corner of his eye, Tyspater saw the demonic host change shape - They were rallying, for whatever reason, and somehow they seemed larger. Meanwhile, Tivval fired another volley of light, and the two flanks of Tyspater's army advanced without him. He scowled. He would have to wrap up this business with the mysterious storm-woman quickly.
Last edited by Utceforp on Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Toaslandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Toaslandia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:52 pm

The Vexillifer bit hard into the succubus, infecting it with a plague that would plant spores on it's body, before bursting and killing it while releasing more Vexillifers. Dryadalis smiled at this and said to himself, "Now I shall see what happens to the demons. Perhaps it will allow me to climb the Hierarchy of Gehenna." He was amused at the thought of him leading his Vexillifers against the mortals, and it gave him some evil joy at the thought of it.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:48 pm

Austris
About a hundred metres off the bow of the flagship of the Golden Fleet of Tian

Austris rapidly sends the current of wind that carried her to her current position elsewhere, indeed summoning a mighty blast of air in the other direction to keep her in place. This is for good reason.

Before her is arrayed a vast host of warships forged from lustrous metal, blazing as though they are the embodiments of light itself. Before them, having similarly halted only to stand as if in defiance of the air itself, a man of stern, noble face, olive skin and long, black locks, clad in a great robe of white and gold, flanked by insubstantial, turbulent spirits – that she somehow feels a connection to, that she is anchoring them, in the same way (though perhaps not as strongly) as she still does for the Storm itself – and a mighty spear held in one hand.

“What manner of being are you?” the being asks, deep-set frown crossing his face – as he levels the spear directly at her. “Are you wont to serve Gehenna or Elysium?”

“If I could answer either of those questions, I wouldn’t have set out to… Wherever I am. I’d like to know myself,” Austris answers bluntly. She gives a curt sigh – practically a puff of breath – and, flicking with her wrist, summons a concentrated gust to lower the spear’s head away from her. “I can say that my name is Austris; beyond that, there isn’t much I understand yet.” She looks the man directly in the eyes. “And you are? ‘Elysium’ and ‘Gehenna’, too?”
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:58 am

And suddenly there was with the daimon a multitude of the hellish host, praising Ishtarte and saying, "Glory to Ishtarte in the lowest Hell, and on Awiase peace among those whom she favors!"

~ The Gospel of Siduri ~

Twenty or so of Hashmedai's legions were behind Kosomoko and the Hellish host, another fifty or thereabout yet remained between the Host and the Golden Fleet. With the Golden Fleet in rapid pursuit of Hashmedai's retreating followers and the spirit host slowly but steadily advancing to confront the followers of Tyspater the confrontation was imminent. Seeing the Golden Fleet form up in five divisions Kosomoko similarly ordered his host to form five separate formations. For each of these five armies Kosomoko placed in command one of his brethren Baalaraukar, Kosomoko himself above them all, for but one of the Baalaraukar, Lungorthin, the second of their tribe, was not with the host, serving as gatekeeper and warden on the Walls of Pairidaeza.

Each of the armies formed up opposite one of the flotilla's of the Golden Fleet, ready to buy time for the escape of the legions of Hashmedai. But with his host thus divided into five parts equal in strength and numbers, Kosomoko saw more clearly his inferiority in numbers. He commanded but one host, and though it was the finest host that he had ever lead, all spirits of high orders, veterans of many battles, disciplined, well-drilled and obedient to their Queen, it was clear that he could not long hold the enemy at bay. The cannon of Tian was fearful to behold, the followers of Hashmedai though retreating and barely within range had already taken heavy damage from them, the Hellish host, which would have to face the barrage head on would no doubt take horrendous looses.

Yet as he surveyed the battlefield with keen and calculating eyes Kosomoko saw not all was lost. Rather than sail on their airships against the fleeing legions and bombard them with their artillery the forces of Tian abandoned their ships and sallied forth in a mighty charge. That pleased Kosomoko, the charging soldiers of Tyspater would block their own artillery from getting clear shots. It would be close quarter combat from now on, the only combat worth having as far as Kosomoko was concerned. Less pleasing was it that four of the five enemy flotilla's, and the men charging from them, where attempting to flank the Hellish host. That maneuver endangered not only the host itself but also the path of retreat for the legions. It would not do.

So Kosomoko looked to his distractions. The storm cloud seemed to be delaying the last of the five flotilla's of Tian, as Kosomoko had hoped. He knew not, and cared not to know, what power, divine or elsewise was the cause of the clouds for the time being it offered a welcome reprieve as the fifth flotilla and its charging troops fell behind the other four. "Brother!" Kosomoko roared at his favorite brother, whom he had placed in command of the army carrying the banner of the five pointed star. "The enemy is distracted. Take your army and join with the left flank. We shall attack the enemy there." Kosomoko ordered. His brother looked at him. "And when the foes before us are distracted no more?" The Baalrauko general asked incredulously. "By then we will be retreating." Kosomoko declared with more optimism than he possessed. His brother asked no further questions and so three of the five armies of the spirit host swung leftwards to face two of the divisions of Tian on the left flank.

This matter attended to, Kosomoko cast his gaze on the right flank. He deemed it of lesser import, and being strapped for forces he intended only for his forces there to delay the flanking long enough for the last of Hashmedai's stragglers to get behind the Hellish host, then the right flank could fall, and host and legions alike could retreat leftwards. Yet on the right flank a strange thing was afoot among the retreating legions of Hashmedai. Kosomoko could see no more the succubus that had been attacked, but whether the demoness had fallen to her assailant, to the might of Tian or if she had even fallen at all the Prince of the Baalaraukar could not tell. What he could plainly see was that something strange was afoot among the imps and familiars, incubi and succubi, and the few higher devils and demons that was Hashmedai's legions. Something was attacking them. Very close to the right flank of Tian.

"Hashmedai!" Kosomoko shouted to the three-headed demon. "Gather the most battle-ready of your forces and join the right flank. Push that legion there into the forces of Tian. Something or someone has joined this battle unbidden, I would rather they wreck havoc among the forces of Tian then among your followers." Kosomoko ordered. Hashmedai growled. "You would leave my legion alone against all of Tian, and whatever bedevils them?" Hashmedai asked accusatively. "Yes." Kosomoko said. "Is that a problem for you?"

For a moment the demon king glared angrily at Kosomoko with all of its heads, as angrily as an obscenely grotesquely distorted human face, and the neatly visages of a ram and a bull can glare. Then the three heads broke out into laughter. "Of course not. Brilliant idea, why didn't I think of that?" The demon said. It made a mocking salute and departed with some of the best fighters of its legions who, rather than retreat with the rest of the rabble, had stayed with their master. "I will push these interlopers into the arms of bloody Tyspater himself." Hashmedai declared charging forward on his dragon-winged and necked lion steed. "Just be ready with your time magic." Kosomoko roared by way of farewell.

Marching with the centre of the Hellish host towards the left flank Kosomoko observed as Hashmedai reached the right flank and got his affected legion organized into something resembling order and pushed them towards Tian. They went not willing, but the lashes of Kosomoko's brother's and the steel of the two armies they commanded on the right flank left the legion little choice in the matter. Soon the legion, and whatever affected it, would be colliding with the forces of Tyspater. "Charge." Kosomoko's favorite brother roared, the tails of his whip drawing trails of fire through the skies, interrupting the Prince of the Baalaraukar's observation of the right flank. The three armies of on the left flank sallied forth with howls of fury against the two divisions of Tian. The battle had begun.
Nation RP name

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Uion
Behind the Golden Fleet of Tian

Uion was flying his way to where Tyspater was, his lower half a steam of fire that propels him in the skies of Awiase. He does not normally travel like this, preferring to other ways of getting around. But, this was the easiest way the has found to fine Tyspater. Admittedly it was not hard to track down the lord of the sky in Awiase. Follow the storms and you can find Tyspater but, what he saw was not comforting. It was clearly a battle was taking place as he got closer to the fleet. "I guess the news will have to wait, aiding Lord Tyspater is the priority now against these demons. He scanned the horizon and found Tyspater speaking to a being of some kind. "Who is that pale woman Lord Tyspater is talking to? An ally or something else". He thought as he moved flew closer to Tyspater and noticed that part of his force was moving without him. "Those forces may need support since he is busy with that being". He flew to the two divisions and as he reached them. Saw the incoming horde and increased his speed to get ahead of the Tian divisions. He flew to the incoming lines of demons and took a deep breath before unleashed a torrent of fire from his mouth on the front line of demons. Heading back to the Tian Divisions, regrouped and stayed with the Tian Division's front line.
Last edited by Theyra on Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:17 am

Utzi, Prince of the Biting Winds

The Right Flank

Utzi, manifesting in the shape of a shrivelled corpse clad in bloody flesh, was a terrifying sight to behold. He whirled into battle with a glittering blade of crystal, which corroded and discoloured the flesh of every demon it struck. To his right was Tavvus, astride a winged white horse and clad in humble iron, striking down demons with his bow. Utzi raised his hand and summoned hundreds of ice blades around himself, then fired them into the enemy army. Unfortunately, for every demon Utzi felled, there seemed to be three more - the demonic host was many times larger than their scouting had suggested. They were slowly being pushed back - this battle had been a mistake.

"defensive formation." Utzi whispered, manipulating the cold winds to carry his words to all the spirits under his command. "not one more step backwards." His spirits condensed themselves into a cube-shaped formation, and summoned spears and shields to form a 3-dimensional phalanx. Tavvus and his riders flowed past the shield wall, planning to charge the demonic host while they were distracted by Utzi's cohort. Tavvus's red-tinged face stood out against the grey sky, and while he looked confident, Utzi could see the fear in his eyes.

"WHERE IN ALL THE HELLS IS TYSPATER?" Tavvus bellowed. "HE SHOULD BE HERE BY NOW!"

"be content, friend." Utzi responded. "either he will save us, or he will not. all we can do now is wait."

Tavvus scowled, then made the decision to ignore the depressing corpse-god. Just then, an enormous Baalaraukar clad in shadow emerged from the clouds, wielding a whip of fire in one hand, and a banner in the other. Utzi's eyes widened, and Tavvus roared. The five-pointed star of Ishtarte! They had been ambushed! Tyspater would need to be informed. Tavvus looked to Utzi with panic on his face, and Utzi whispered back.

"tavvus, you are faster than i. ride to tyspater and tell him of this. whatever has caught his attention, he cannot delay any further. the demon queen will pay for this treachery." Tavvus nodded and spurred on his horse, riding towards the center flank.

Utzi drew his sword once more and stared down the much larger demon. "i am a servant of the bull of heaven, wielder of the frozen sword." he said matter-of-factly. "ishtarte will not avail you, baalaraukar. you will not pass."

Nerek of the Promised Dawn, Daughter of Light

The Left Flank

The demonic host was a ragged, pathetic bunch. Nerek and her sister carved through the vanguard with little effort. Nerek laughed as she drove her flaming sword into the chest of another demonic warrior, then ripped it upwards and split the wretched creature in half. She felt a strange buzzing warmth and looked behind her to see Rakat preparing her invisible magic. Nerek deftly danced out of her sister's way, allowing Rakat to unleash the magic on the retreating demons. Rakat opened her arms, and the demons' flesh seemed to bubble like boiling water, before sloughing off entirely. Nerek looked up to see an armoured man wreathed in flame flying over her cohort. The armoured man exhaled, and the retreating demons were consumed by flame.

"It is Uion! Our enemies flee before our might!" Nerek cried, raising her sword above her head. "Our cause is just! No evil can withstand our righteous fury!"

"Something's wrong." Rakat hissed, and pointed at the retreating demons.There seemed to be a fight between two different factions. One was attacking the other with suicidal aggression, while the other was regrouping under the leadership of an enormous and vile creature who seemed be a gestalt of a man, a ram, and a bull. Seething at this mockery of her father's sacred animal, Nerek considered what to do.

"These new demons..." Rakat muttered. "I have no wish to approach them. I can smell their filth from here."

Nerek chuckled. "All demons are filthy. Why are these so special?"

"No, this is a new kind of filth." Rakat said. "We should avoid them."

Nerek scowled. "They fight amongst themselves. We shall drive the one into the other, and crush them utterly." She pointed her sword at the strange new creatures and bellowed "CHARGE!" to her cohort. Rakat, rolling her eyes but not wanting to divide their forces, quietly gestured for her cohort to advance on the creatures as well.

Tyspater, the One-Handed One

The Center Flank

Tyspater didn't like having control of his spear wrested from him liked that, but he was still inclined to trust this "Austris". She neither looked nor acted like a demon, that was certain. He lowered his spear and his face softened.

"I am Tyspater, King of Elysium, the realm of order and light." Tyspater said. "I go into battle against the demonic host of Yxarus, King of Gehenna, the realm of darkness and chaos. Yxarus conspired to have the traitor-god Anansi poison me and my fellow gods, and now I seek revenge against them. You truly know none of this?"

Demon or no, certain precautions would have to be made. The Tablet of Light disappeared from Tyspater's belt, and Sukal Ma appeared in its place at Tyspater's side.

"I'm sorry, but I cannot be entirely certain that you are not an agent of Yxarus. My vizier Sukal Ma and my three finest warriors will escort you back to my flagship, where you will remain under guard until the battle is finished."

Meanwhile, the ships of the Golden Fleet slowly passed around Tyspater's cohort, and fired another volley of light into the demonic armies. In the distance, Tyspater could see Tavvus retreating from the battlefield and riding towards him. "What in Gehenna?" he muttered softly.
Last edited by Utceforp on Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Toaslandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Toaslandia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:39 am

The spores on the succubus exploded, killing it and releasing Vexillifers against all, regardless of alignment, for they were simply interested in one thing: to infect more with the plague. Not one Vexillifer was alike, though all were terrifying, and several latched onto nearby demons, biting into their flesh and infecting them with the Plague. Dryadalis drank in their pain and stood, deciding he would move closer to watch the battle in person. He walked over to his mount, a larger Vexillifer that was even more bloodthirsty but tamed by Dryadalis. As it lifted off the ground and towards the battle, Dryadalis readied his sword, just in case some stuck-up Elysian decided to try and fight him, and that thought made him smile. Being the god of War had its advantages, which included combat ability. He looked down at the battle from above, and cut a demon in half who tried to attack him and he sheathed his sword, hand on the hilt in case a more powerful enemy arrived.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:53 pm

And suddenly there was with the daimon a multitude of the hellish host, praising Ishtarte and saying, "Glory to Ishtarte in the lowest Hell, and on Awiase peace among those whom she favors!"

~ The Gospel of Siduri ~

Kosomoko roared in triumph as his axe cleft the helmet and skull of a foe, scattering the essence of the spirit. He raised the axe over his head, looking for other foes to slay in the name of the Queen. Nothing else in existence compared to this, to a lethal struggle against the Queen's enemies, to test ones mettle against an adversary and prove the better. Kosomoko's brother, Oþombauko, laughed at him, as they struck down the enemies with whips and weapons of black iron. Kosomoko's attack on the left flank was thus far a great success. Not only was the enemy no longer threatening the line of retreat for Hashmedai's folk, but they where even yielding under the pressure of the three armies Kosomoko had deployed against them. As he went forth slaying enemies left and right, rejoicing in their screams of death and pain as the lashes of his whip tore through their bodies, blood boiling and incensed with the sort of rage only demons felt Kosomoko for the first time in the engagement thought not of an orderly retreat but of victory. As the enemy divisions began to regroup, one taking a defensive position and another attacking, Kosomoko roared at them ready to charge against them and crush them while their lord Tyspater was absent.

But Kosomoko was a wiser and saner commander than that. Eyeing the enemy airships with sullen disappointment, Kosomoko abandoned any pretense of seizing and burning them. That was not the job. "Oþombauko, fall back." Kosomoko ordered, seeing his own disappointment mirrored in his brothers eyes. "We are not here to defeat Tian, even if we could, brother. There is no threat of them flanking us presently, so pull your army back, we will keep it in reserve." Kosomoko ordered. Then, through his signifier, he signaled to his other brothers, Kalimbo and Ulbando, ordering Kalimbo's army to confront the defensive formation and Ulbando's to resist the incoming attack from the other one. Grunting in disappointment, yet content with his decision, he turned to leave with Oþombauko and the first army.

Kosomoko looked to the right flank and grunted angrily. It seemed every time he turned his attention to that flank things got stranger. Technically that was of course to his advantage, chaos and confusion, was an element most demons was very comfortable with and it was imminently easier to withdraw from a disorganized engagement than an orderly one. But Kosomoko, a general above all, disliked disarray and disarray was the word that best described what happened on the right flank.

The last legion of Hashmedai, for by now all other legions had departed the battle, was no more. As Hashmedai had joined the Baalaraukar brothers Udunlach and Kasamat, the three of them drove the already embattled legion, and what ailed them, against the enemy. They cried out to Hashmedai their master for salvation, but the three-headed demon merely laughed as desperate demons tried to break through the ranks of Udunlach and Kasamat's armies to safety, only to be driven back by the whips of the demons and the steel of their armies. Hashmedai even went forth himself and kicked his folk back in the direction of the charging enemy. The demons, finding no solace in the arms of their own kind, fell back, the fight gone out of them, beset on every side with superior enemies. The last of them perished when suddenly a creature appeared breathing fire at them.

Hashmedai had laughed from all his mouths as his legion was destroyed, but the appearance of the fire breather vexed him. "Spoil-sport." The demon indignantly roared at the flying fire-breather above him. Then his middle head took in a deep breath, the fire constantly streaming from it seizing for a moment, pulling back on his shoulders. For a moment Hashmedai held his breath, then his middle head lunged forward and he opened his gullet wide, unleashing a firestorm. The firestorm spew from Hashmedai's mouth, flying above the advancing folk of Tian and whatever demon legionaries and their strange attackers might remain within their ranks, slowly, almost gracefully falling towards the fire-breather.

With that Hashmedai laughed jovially. "That'll teach that fool some manners." He declared to those around him. But the arrival of the fire-breather was not the only new arrival. Some creature arrived from out of nowhere attacking the Hellish host. By its mount's close similarity to the strange things that had attacked Hashmedai's now undone legion it seemed like it might be the master of the creatures.

All of this Kosomoko observed from afar. He shook his head in disgust pointing out the struggle on the right flank to his brother. "This is not battle." Kosomoko lamented. "This is a drunken brawl." Oþombauko frowned at the tableau that unfolded on the right flank, his eyes glowing with contempt. On the right flank Kosomoko and Oþombauko's brothers seemed to share their point of view. With the problem of the last legion's attackers now dealt with the armies of Udunlach and Kasamat beginning a slow and orderly, or as orderly as circumstances permitted, retreat. While Hashmedai remained in the front of the armies of the right flank shouting obscenities at the enemy, the fire-breathing interloper in particular, the two armies fell back in the general direction of the left flank. Kosomoko nodded approvingly. There was no point defending the indefensible. The ships of the Golden Fleet had also begun advancing and was resuming their artillery barrage where they could find targets. "You see I was right to keep your army in reserve." Kosomoko remarked. "Aid our brothers in extricating their armies from that mess on the right flank." Kosomoko ordered. He gave the chaotic brawl on the right flank one last contemptuous gaze and then turned away. The battle was over, the seventy one legions was fleeing, now was the time for Kosomoko to withdraw his forces safely back to the Gardens of Pairidaeza.

But just as Kosomoko turned his attention to planning an orderly retreat something happened among the enemies facing Kalimbo and Ulbaldo's armies. A prominent captain of the attacking division, a cavalryman of sorts, conferred with another grotesquely looking creature, prominent, it seemed, among the defensive division. Then cavalry commander, charged away from the battle in the direction of the delayed division of the enemy. The other grotesque creature which seemed to be some sort of necromancer or maybe just a cannibal, stepped forth and offered a challenge at Kosomoko. Kosomoko's blood froze to ice within his vein as the corpselike creature named the Queen. He had not fought that the people of Tian, having not fought the Queen's armies before, would know or recognize them. That changed matters greatly. The Queen's orders had been for a simple rescue mission to bring still more legions under her ever-expanding demonic dominion, not a full-scale war with Tyspater. But if the folk of Tian knew who they where fighting the rescue mission might very well become the opening engagement of just such a war. Maybe, once Kosomoko retreated the Golden Fleet would follow the Hellish host straight to the gates of the Gardens. "Seven and Nine Hells." The Baalarauko muttered to himself.

Then he shook his head. It could not be helped. If the corpse-creature was alone in recognizing the the Queen's armies then the matter could be resolved simply by slaying the cretin. Oþombauko stepped forward, brandishing a flame sword and growling at the corpse creature. "No." Growled Kosomoko, putting aside his thoughts of the future and glaring with hate-filled eyes at the enemy. "I will deal with this one myself, you tend to your army." Kosomoko stepped towards the corpse-creature, his shadow growing greater as he went, he sent the lashes of his whip dancing through the air causing thunderous noise, a warning to the corpse-creature. "Servant of the bull of heaven." Kosomoko spoke. "I shall teach you not to take the most holy name of the Queen of Queens in vain." The demon declared. "Your sword may be frozen but my flames shall make it melt away, and you with it if you are not careful. For I am Kosomoko, Prince and Captain above all Baalaraukar and I have no equal among the servants of the Queen." Kosomoko declared, barring his axe against the corpse-creature.

The demon lord turned to give one last annoyed glance at the right flank. Then he turned to back to the corpse-creature. "Your day of hunting my people with impunity is at and end, and it matters not how many allies your master cowardly summons to aid him in his unjust persecution. The Queen of Queens will smite his allies as I shall smite you, and if does not learn to respect the Queen he too shall fall, like all who has stood against her in the past has." Kosomoko proudly declared. Then he held up his axe before his face and inclined slightly towards the corpse-creature in a respectful gesture that rather contradicted the words, but for Kosomoko there were rules to duels. Then he held out his two weapons, inviting the corpse-creature to attack.
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nation RP name

Ralioskener
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralioskener » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:19 am

Hetnu Reian, Elysium

A storm was coming.

He could see it in the far distance from high atop the mountain he perched on, a dark gray on the horizon creeping in, with the winds scattering out wildly. The insects were starting to burrow in, and rest of the animals began to sense it as well. But this was not a simple storm; Tyspater knew better than to test his Golden Fleet through hard tempest.

"The fuck's going on now?" the god thought to himself in his beastly form, feathers covering the dragon-like body, with rows of eyes on his wings and head.

Deciding that he had nothing better to do and should probably try to atleast find out what the commotion was, Aurikan took off, gaining speed as he flew towards the site of the darkened skies.
dead nation oof

mainly used as an rp account now

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:41 am

Austris
Before the Centre of the Golden Fleet’s Line

“I'm sorry, but I cannot be entirely certain that you are not an agent of Yxarus. My vizier Sukal Ma and my three finest warriors will escort you back to my flagship, where you will remain under guard until the battle is finished.”

For perhaps the second time, Austris is utterly certain about something. “No,” she answers Tyspater, and her form thrums with determination. The mist of her hair and cloak crack with lightning.

I cannot submit myself to such an unknown. It would jeopardise everything.

He does seem to be knowledgeable, though
, she considers, and that fleet suggests that his power is well-established. Hardly somebody to have as an enemy. Her fists tighten as she bristles at that thought and then thinks the self-evident: I could overcome him if I had to. Still, I need every bit of help that I can get right now; if he can further my search…

“No,” Austris finally repeats, “but I will fight alongside you. You can keep an eye on me that way and I’ll be near you for us to speak afterwards.” She looks over her shoulder, towards the demonic host, and as she does so she reaches out, feeling the full power of the Storm and reaching for it. “I don’t fully know what I can do yet –” This is a good opportunity for testing it, at that – “but based on what I’ve seen, this force won’t stand up to it.”

The Goddess of the Storm turns her electrifying gaze to Tyspater once more. “Where do we strike?”
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:01 pm

Shadows danced around the walls of the cold, damp, dark cavern. Images of bats, insects and people seemingly flickering in place. Waves quietly scrapped along the caverns walls, and bouncing along the underside of the propelling craft. Blue eyes gazed forward, engulfed by a thick brown robe. A paddle dipped into the waves, sending the water back and the craft forward.

"So, Marcus. How did you die?". Charnysus kept his eyes forward, keeping an eye on the route. Multiple paths lay ahead. Three paths would lead to Elysium, Aether or the dark realm. He was curious about the life of the dark haired man behind him. "I had a small accident". A Spaniard accent erupting from his words. The blue eyes shifted back. "You had a fall?" An educated guess. Marcus looked away, staring at the shadows shifting on the walls, illuminated by the lantern light. A hand reached up and touched a red mark on his head, and his breathing sped up. "I tried to paint the house. The neighbours were complaining.". Lantern light, reflected off a gleam of metal on a hand. "Your family will miss you Marcus". Charnysus said consolingly. "I hope they are able to do well. My youngest son was heading off to join the church". "Who's church was he going to?" Charnysus looked around the cavern. Specters had gathered alone the cavern shores, watching on. carvings of bird attacks, picnics and family members had made their mark. The man cracked a smile. "Kezloar. He was going to go help out in the forge. He wanted to do something a bit more practical than painting". Charnysus nodded. "Fair enough. I hope he does well". Marcus nodded "Me too".

The water smoothed out. A trio of caverns had presented themselves before them. A 3 headed hydra taken residence above the caverns. "And who did you choose?" The man looked around. "Minastauriel. She has helped to inspire me. I painted my house and family, and the landscape. Waterfalls, fields, and the courthouse. I was good while it lasted". Charnysus pointed to the middle realm. "And now comes the next chapter. I hope you have a fair judgement Marcus. What was your sons name?" Charnysus questioned, angling the craft into the tunnel. "Lucas". "That's a good name". A swirling blue and black mass began to circulate in the tunnel. "Please hold on, Marcus". The craft dipped into a faster current, speeding towards the portal. Water sprayed their faces. "We will soon be in Tir Na Nog".

A fuzzy feeling passed through Charnyus and Marcus as they passed through the portal. On the other side of the portal, the darkness of the cave had been replaced by the brightness of the sun and the exuberance of the flowers. A pier came up on the grassy shore on the right. A figure came to pick up Marcus, and take him down the path to be judged. "Have a good afterlife Marcus, and remember to abide by the divine law". The two shook hands Marcus stepped out of the boat and was soon on his way into the land of Tir Na Nog.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:24 am

Woe to he who would provoke the ire of the Goddess, for she is quick to anger and slow to forgive.

~ Ruminations of the Philosophers ~

The first sprite found Ishtarte in a fine mood. As the small fairy-like spirit flew into the Gardens of Pairidaeza it found the Queen of the Demons laying beside one of the innumerable ponds of her gardens surrounded by houries and maenads, incubi and succubi and many other attendants. Ishtarte's high spirits derived from the presence of her favorite son, Samhael among her retinue. Ishtarte was delighted to see her son surrounded by her houries, maenads and succubi, accepting their soft and sensuous caresses. She had often found her son far too frigid and cold, but there he lay, barely clad among her lovelies, bearing their touch without complaint. Sure, she had had to threaten him with violence to make it so, but who cared about such petty details. Certainly not Ishtarte.

As the sprite flew near its mistress and delivered its message; that Hashmedai and his followers had conceded to swear Ishtarte allegiance and that Kosomoko's host engaged the Golden Fleet to ensure their retreat to the Gardens, Ishtarte enthusiastically jumped to her dainty feet clapping her small hands together excitedly. She wrapped the first sprite by the neck and placed a warm wet kiss on its face, almost managing to eat the much smaller and fragile creature in the process. "Seventy two legions all for me." Ishtarte cooed, before jumping across the full length of the pond landing before her son. "Such wonderful news; come dance with me Sammy." She ordered, dragging her son away from the advances of her female spirits, ignoring a look of relief on his face. With her son in her arms, to the laughter and cheers of her attendants the demon queen danced around the pond in ecstatic delight.

The second sprite however dampened the mood of the Queen slightly, and in the process interrupting the orgy that was about to break out among the attendants of the Chaosborn goddess of love. Its message; that Kosomoko attempted to prevent the Golden Fleet from flanking his host as the followers of Hashmedai fled but that a strange devilry was at work among some of the followers of the latest demon king to bow before the Queen of Queens, resulted in no unwanted kiss from Ishtarte. Spinning her son around before dropping him down among a cluster of naked and aroused houries the later part of the message caused Ishtarte to become momentarily ponderous. "Interesting." She mused, trying to figure out what or who attacked her forces, Kosomoko's description, delivered through the second sprite, sounded vaguely familiar to her. But as no immediate answer came to mind the goddess merely shrugged. "Kosomoko has things well in hands." She declared to her followers, waving at the houries to tend to her son, an order they happily complied with.

Then arrived the third sprite and all hell broke loose. It began calmly enough. As the sprite delivered its message Ishtarte wrinkled her nose; "Uion." She remarked with the kind of indifferent nonchalance with which a major deity may acknowledge a lesser. Ishtarte vaguely remembered that the god had fought the imimoya ephukile during the wars, yet despite her own heavy involvement in the wars she could recall no particular feat of greatness associated with the deity. Slightly miffed that a former ally, albeit one Ishtarte had never held in high regard, should turn against her, the goddess nevertheless shrugged it of. "The Golden Fleet is filled to the brim with lesser imimoya, creatures of no particular import, what difference is one more thrall of Tyspater." Ishtarte contemptuously dismissed Uion.

But then the sprite conveyed Kosomoko's concern about the devilry ailing Hashmedai's followers and the arrival of some supposed leader of the devilry. And Ishtarte exploded. "Dryadalis!" Ishtarte exclaimed angrily, her retinue recoiling at the fury of their mistress as for a moment the wondrous beauty of the Gardens of Pairidaeza seemed to fade. "So he dares betray me to Elysium, the twerp." The goddess sneered. "Well we shall see about that. Bring my armor, bring my hammer, prepare my chariot, this shall not go unanswered." Cried the daughter of Chaos and Order.
Nation RP name

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse