NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:36 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Evan
Evan was getting ticked off at Marco, who seemed to think that Evan was just a backwards hillbilly. Sure, there was a grain of truth there, but it was a very tiny grain of truth. Evan turned towards Marco, and said,"We currently have 'bout 30 head of dairy cows, an' one pig. I ain't a hillbilly either, so would it hurt ya to stop callin' me one?"

''Hot damn, did you hear that Carl?'' Marco laughed playfully nudging his elbow at Carl's shoulder. ''I swear this guy cracks me up.''

''Hillbilly here says he ain't just a washed out pig farmer but a cowman, working up in them big green hills, milking em udders for a livin. I mean can you picture this guy just milk'n away like there's no tomorrow when - Boo! The ghost of Old Man Johnson comes over and says hello?''

He laughed out loud, slamming his fist against the table and completely dismissive of Evan's rightful protestations, whom he had only ridiculed and belittled since the start of the campfire last night.

''Man, you must have been scared s***less when you fled on the tractor like you said,'' he suddenly stopped laughing and looked at him with a serious glare. ''That what you're gonna do here, hillbilly? Run away first sign of something going bump at night? What can you do anyway?'' he resumed chucking as he shook his head.

''You're folks brewing up some moonshine you don't want no one to know 'bout? Why so prickly over being called what you are, you're a farm boy ain't cha'? Hence I say, you're a hillbilly, half literate and more knowledgeable on grass and milk than gears and Mercedes like yours truly.''

He patted himself on the chest with a self-congratulatory grin that was just asking to be punched.

Evan

Evan was really mad now, and he really felt like wiping that grin off Marco's face, but he decided to be the better man, and not take the bait. Evan scowled, and said,"Lucky fer ya, I don't wanna waste my energy on punchin' the likes of you. It ain't worth my time an' the mess it would leave. Now, why don't ya stop talkin' 'bout things that ya don't know anythin' 'bout?"
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:42 am

Alban

He was slowly regaining consciousness. The back of his head hurt like h*ll and he was groaning a bit when he heard his attackers run and someone say "Dr. Bahr?".
He didn't feel his watch on his wrist and he thought his wallet was gone too.
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 am

Marco

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
''Hot damn, did you hear that Carl?'' Marco laughed playfully nudging his elbow at Carl's shoulder. ''I swear this guy cracks me up.''

''Hillbilly here says he ain't just a washed out pig farmer but a cowman, working up in them big green hills, milking em udders for a livin. I mean can you picture this guy just milk'n away like there's no tomorrow when - Boo! The ghost of Old Man Johnson comes over and says hello?''

He laughed out loud, slamming his fist against the table and completely dismissive of Evan's rightful protestations, whom he had only ridiculed and belittled since the start of the campfire last night.

''Man, you must have been scared s***less when you fled on the tractor like you said,'' he suddenly stopped laughing and looked at him with a serious glare. ''That what you're gonna do here, hillbilly? Run away first sign of something going bump at night? What can you do anyway?'' he resumed chucking as he shook his head.

''You're folks brewing up some moonshine you don't want no one to know 'bout? Why so prickly over being called what you are, you're a farm boy ain't cha'? Hence I say, you're a hillbilly, half literate and more knowledgeable on grass and milk than gears and Mercedes like yours truly.''

He patted himself on the chest with a self-congratulatory grin that was just asking to be punched.

Evan

Evan was really mad now, and he really felt like wiping that grin off Marco's face, but he decided to be the better man, and not take the bait. Evan scowled, and said,"Lucky fer ya, I don't wanna waste my energy on punchin' the likes of you. It ain't worth my time an' the mess it would leave. Now, why don't ya stop talkin' 'bout things that ya don't know anythin' 'bout?"

Marco's eyes tensed at Evan's words, his grin barely hiding their icy rage. How could a mere hillbilly hold the high ground over him? It wasn't right, his kind belonged to lower class that picked up manure for a living while he would ride past them on a motorbike not even sparing a glance at their sorry state. How would this indentured farm boy think he was better than a free soul like him?

He gripped a fork by his side and grit his teeth once more, eyeing Evan's face and neck. This guy needed to be put in his place, reminded of the dirt he came from. Within a second or two, that's all it would take, he assured himself. A simple lunge forward with the right amount of pressure, he would enforce his judgement and dominance. And then Monty would swoon over to his side forgetting all about Lucas and Don and the two would run away to New Orleans living happily ever after.

Passing a glance by Monty, he relented from his imaginary outburst, perhaps losing the will to go through with it. How could he just ruin her nice morning like that?

Gotta be the better man, count yourself one lucky hillbilly, think'n you're better than me.

Instead he stabbed the fork into another pile of pancakes.

''Just a joke, yo. No need to hamper the mood or nothin', he smiled nervously.

''So Carl, you working on a new Choose Your what-ya-call-it?''

Rita

''Dr Bahr, its me, Rita Reynolds. Can you hear me? Can you stand up?''

She had cradled the man upwards and looked at him for signs of concussion. She reached out to her radio to contact the station about the assault but realised that would give away her location after she defied her grandfather and chief on not to go after Donablain or try to figure out what he was up to.

She carefully placed him down again and went to retrieve her first aid kit.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Dr. Bahr

He was still groaning. He finally realized what had happened.
"Wha- Rita?" he had said groggily.
His head hurt like h*ll and he was trying to get up.
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm

New Tussia wrote:Dr. Bahr

He was still groaning. He finally realized what had happened.
"Wha- Rita?" he had said groggily.
His head hurt like h*ll and he was trying to get up.

Rita

''Good, you're speech isn't slurred, I think the blow was superficial,'' she said applying a long thin cloth around his forehead.

Slowly she helped him to his feet. ''Haven't seen you in a while. What are you doing out here by yourself? Did you know those goons?''

According to the report he was seen and confronted by Donablain's group, specifically by Will Denson, Marco Forrester, that farm boy and that Strumvitner harlot. Apparently he was trying to buy the land which seemed dubious if he thought he could just trespass over and wait for the owner instead of going to a real estate agent. Perhaps there was something else to it entirely.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Rita

''Good, you're speech isn't slurred, I think the blow was superficial,'' she said applying a long thin cloth around his forehead.

Slowly she helped him to his feet. ''Haven't seen you in a while. What are you doing out here by yourself? Did you know those goons?''

According to the report he was seen and confronted by Donablain's group, specifically by Will Denson, Marco Forrester, that farm boy and that Strumvitner harlot. Apparently he was trying to buy the land which seemed dubious if he thought he could just trespass over and wait for the owner instead of going to a real estate agent. Perhaps there was something else to it entirely.

After he got up he turned to her, "I was... I was trying to get some melatonin because I've been having trouble sleep. And I don't know those goons and all I was doing was walking to the gas station because my colleague currently has my car and is out of town."
He felt his head,"Mein gott, what did they hit me with? A metal bat?"

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:01 pm

Rita

New Tussia wrote:

After he got up he turned to her, "I was... I was trying to get some melatonin because I've been having trouble sleep. And I don't know those goons and all I was doing was walking to the gas station because my colleague currently has my car and is out of town."
He felt his head,"Mein gott, what did they hit me with? A metal bat?"

''An aluminium baseball bat, 60 cm from what I could make out,'' Rita replied, relieved having not to call paramedics. It looked like he was going to be okay and she could continue her journey to find her Donablain. Of course she couldn't just leave Dr Bahr and had a duty to ensure he was safe.

''I think it was a hit-and-run, youth delinquency is a serious issue in Woodview, I'm sorry you've been treated so roughly,'' she said bowing her head slightly in apology.

''I'm glad I made it over in time, it looked like they were trying to steal your shoes and vandalise your visage with a marker. How's your breathing? And your balance?''
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:32 pm

Monty
Monty, slightly pale, glanced over towards Mr. Denson after Marco changed the topic, it was his house they where in but the man seemed to just be taking in the words- distant from all the ruckas at his table or just- taking mental notes. Monty didn't seem very interested in her pancakes but took a small bite and then began cutting a larger piece, "I haven't tested one of those for you in a while." she said to Carl hoping this detraction from the tension would stick becoming a new topic as she took a larger bite. William was, showing more concern- he had been around when Marco came to the manor and still remembered bits of last night. His older brother Robert seemed more annoyed- perhaps alienated- having not known any of them save Monty and even then she was more his younger brother's friend than his. Rather then ask a question that came to his mind, he focused on his breakfast.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:23 pm

''An aluminium baseball bat, 60 cm from what I could make out,'' Rita replied, relieved having not to call paramedics. It looked like he was going to be okay and she could continue her journey to find her Donablain. Of course she couldn't just leave Dr Bahr and had a duty to ensure he was safe.

''I think it was a hit-and-run, youth delinquency is a serious issue in Woodview, I'm sorry you've been treated so roughly,'' she said bowing her head slightly in apology.

''I'm glad I made it over in time, it looked like they were trying to steal your shoes and vandalise your visage with a marker. How's your breathing? And your balance?''

"Hm... well, juvinial delinquency makes sense since I've heard about some of the residents of the town. My breathing is good and my balance is a little off but that is expected."
He rubs some dirt off his pants; which are blue jeans.
"It is also partially my fault though for walking instead of getting a cab or an online driver."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:42 pm

New Tussia wrote:

"Hm... well, juvinial delinquency makes sense since I've heard about some of the residents of the town. My breathing is good and my balance is a little off but that is expected."
"It is also partially my fault though for walking instead of getting a cab or an online driver."

''Reception is virtually non-existent save for the centre of town, less than half the inhabitants are actually connected to the web-net, its really preferable to have your own vehicle,'' she said.

''I got a report about you last night, were you trying to trespass into the Ghostwoods? Don't worry if you did, I just want to know what happened, did you really run off from some wild animal with red eyes? How did you get here?''

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:09 pm

New Tussia wrote:[Hm... well, juvinial delinquency makes sense since I've heard about some of the residents of the town. My breathing is good and my balance is a little off but that is expected."

''Reception is virtually non-existent save for the centre of town, less than half the inhabitants are actually connected to the web-net, its really preferable to have your own vehicle,'' she said.

''I got a report about you last night, were you trying to trespass into the Ghostwoods? Don't worry if you did, I just want to know what happened, did you really run off from some wild animal with red eyes? How did you get here?''

"Well... I was going through a schizophrenia episode because I lost my pills. Well, I found them now. Anyways, I got lost. And, yes, I guess I did run away from an animal with red eyes but, most likely, it was just another schizophrenia attack because I hadn't yet taken my medicine."

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Carl

Carl tried to ignore Marco, though when asked about making another choose-your-own adventure game. "It's not really a choose-your-own adventure game. It's a text adventure. You just input what commands you want, but I hadn't been making them in 2 days, since I had to get set up for the camping trip." Carl said, eating a piece. Truth be told, Carl was getting worried about Marco's behavior. After the night, Marco has became rather erratic. "Monty, the pancakes are good. I usually just throw a sausage biscuit in the microwave and call it breakfast. Might have some ideas on what to add to my current game, though." Carl said, mentioning the last topic.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Rita

New Tussia wrote:

"Well... I was going through a schizophrenia episode because I lost my pills. Well, I found them now. Anyways, I got lost. And, yes, I guess I did run away from an animal with red eyes but, most likely, it was just another schizophrenia attack because I hadn't yet taken my medicine."

''It was more than a hallucination I'm afraid, they all heard it and ran, one of them tried to take a picture but... it didn't come out right. Whatever it was, it followed them just outside the station where they went to file a report. Officer Dave alleged he could feel the creature without even seeing it, just its mere presence was enough for the idiot to soil himself. My grandfather managed to deter the strange animal with his rifle and forced it to flee. But something fishy is up and someone I care about might be in danger and needs my help.''

She turned to look at the forest boundary and wondered if the paranormal rumours about the Ghostwoods were true. Just being within its vicinity she had this strange unfriendly feeling emanating from it, even the air seemed a little 'heavy' with each passing breath like it held something latched to its currents.

''What a dreadful forest, to think you and that group were wandering about in there at night.''

An idea flashed over her. She turned to Alban: ''Dr Bahr, could I trouble you lead me where you were last night? I'd like to examine the site in daylight.''

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Carl

Carl tried to ignore Marco, though when asked about making another choose-your-own adventure game. "It's not really a choose-your-own adventure game. It's a text adventure. You just input what commands you want, but I hadn't been making them in 2 days, since I had to get set up for the camping trip." Carl said, eating a piece. Truth be told, Carl was getting worried about Marco's behavior. After the night, Marco has became rather erratic. "Monty, the pancakes are good. I usually just throw a sausage biscuit in the microwave and call it breakfast. Might have some ideas on what to add to my current game, though." Carl said, mentioning the last topic.

Marco

''Carl, I'm telling you, someday you're gonna be famous with that computer text game s**t, you're gonna make love f***ing reading replace TVs. A story where you got em multiple choice of what-to-dos is like having all your favourite weed rolled into one, totally dope yo. Just need to imagine the right story, to stimulate your mind. Like say, us right here and now, say we were like characters written in a text game. Who'd you think be the main man of this terrible tale, huh? Me, you, Will or Donny boy?''

He looked up at Evan briefly before snickering dismissively. Comic relief maybe.

And that worm Lucas could be cut out entirely.

''I say Monty would be the damsel is distress, wouldn't you agree and one us would rise to the occasion becoming a hardcore ain't-take'n-no-s**t hero battling against the forest's darkness to save themselves and the one they love. S**t forget reading, this would be a blockbuster hit!''
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:29 pm

"I don't know the exact place... but I guess. As long as you bring a gun I guess we're good."
he checked his pockets.
"Well... they also took my wallet dangit."

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:39 pm

Evan
Evan thought Marco didn't quite sound like he was just joking around, but he decided to ignore Marco for the time being. Evan turned to Carl and said,"Carl, ya write text based games? What do ya write 'em 'bout?"
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Carl

"We still have video games. Though, you might as well call my text adventures games. The only way TV would be able to beat my games is if they got some random reality show on that gets everyone hooked." Carl said, answering Marco's encouragement. "I just make my games based on some horror movies and books I know of. Nothing special, really. Plus, it tends to take me 2 months to make, if I'm planning on doing a crunch schedule. My latest game Lover's Lane, I had to literally make a whole map of a three story mansion, so I didn't make any errors visible. It takes lots of time." Carl explained.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Marco

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Evan
Evan thought Marco didn't quite sound like he was just joking around, but he decided to ignore Marco for the time being. Evan turned to Carl and said,"Carl, ya write text based games? What do ya write 'em 'bout?"

''Surprised ya even know what em computer text games are, farm boy,'' sneered Marco under his breath looking amused.

"We still have video games. Though, you might as well call my text adventures games. The only way TV would be able to beat my games is if they got some random reality show on that gets everyone hooked." Carl said, answering Marco's encouragement. "I just make my games based on some horror movies and books I know of. Nothing special, really. Plus, it tends to take me 2 months to make, if I'm planning on doing a crunch schedule. My latest game Lover's Lane, I had to literally make a whole map of a three story mansion, so I didn't make any errors visible. It takes lots of time." Carl explained.

''Lover's Lane? What is that, like a dating sim? It got pictures, if you know what I mean?'' he smiled raising an eyebrow.

Carl here was an artist. With text. Sure the guy was also a hopeless nerd like Lucas but he actually made something of himself as opposed to Monty's favourite freak who made it his job to be creepy and linger about like a pest. That's how he saw the two as different and admired Carl for it, besides the guy was no threat to stealing Monty from him either, at best he could distract her from Donablain and let him take the lead from there.

New Tussia wrote:"I don't know the exact place... but I guess. As long as you bring a gun I guess we're good."
he checked his pockets.
"Well... they also took my wallet dangit."

Rita

She nodded. ''I have my gun with me so I wouldn't worry if we run into those goons again. So they took your wallet huh? That's unfortunate, maybe we'll run into them and I'll have them return it. Come on, help me find where you were last night.''

They headed into the woods.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:54 am

Evan
Evan continued ignoring Marco, and said to Carl,"What horror movies? I like watchin' stuff sometimes, when I ain't busy with farm work." Evan was hoping Carl had done something based around Alien, because that was one of his favortie movies.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Monty was agitated at being called a 'damsel in distress' or rather suggested as fitting such a role but in keeping respect for Mr. Densons she simply showed it on her face and having nodded at the quality of the pancakes began to be less- picky about them. Heck she still wasn't sure what happened last night- it was blurred regarding that moment- seemed clear lastnight but come morning she still wasn't sure what happened. Donny was running ahead for the car, she let go of the stranger and rushed to catch up with him and- somehow ended up being picked up by him? What did she like- run past him? Surely- surely she didn't. She thought chewing a bit more slowly to ponder such as Carl and Marco spoke- in a sense it was nice to hear Marco being himself, but- did it have to be the agitating self? She stopped for a moment again wondering; what happened?
Harbertia wrote:Not caring about the strange man Monty let go herself. She had looked on with terror as Donny had rushed- Will's instructions still fresh on her mind- Just walk like you don't know it exists and keep moving towards the camp she didn't bother to look back, no use seeing what it was- no use fusing- no use making noise- oh yes Donny had understood what she meant by her look- get the car door open she meant- oh yes he got that message. Anger and desperation upon her face as she rushed to meet him along the way- she was running faster now- faster then even he had- she'd catch up.

"Get to my truck!" Carl yelled, as he started to run towards his parked truck.

Knowing her family's car that was a welcomed invitation. As soon as she caught up to Don she was going to grab him by the arm and drag him there!

Harbertia wrote:Monty believing the thing to be right behind her screamed and picked up the pace even faster then before- she had already been faster then what Donny had ran but now she found even more speed. Raising her hand above her head and spraying behind her she didn't dare look back- and with that also fell apart her plan of grabbing Donny's arm- it was too close this thing too close.

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:Donny was good at most sports, and thankfully knowing that Monty could take it, practically tackled and lifted up the woman and bolted. "We'll reconvene downtown! I'll call you!" After the duo would find their way to Monty's car, he would attempt to start it up. "C'mon...c'mon...Monty, if ya feel confident in chuckin' that hatchet, chuck it at tha' thing's throat an' kill it dead! I don' wanna wreck yer car, but if this thing's gonna chase us, I'mma make it red paste on th' ground!"

Monty shouts still a bit awestruck by Don's sheer strength but still frantic and frustrated at him; "I CAN'T LOOK AT IT!" The spray had fallen when she was picked up. Her believing for a brief moment it had been the beast getting her before realizing it was just Don- thankfully her relief at this outweighed any fight action she may have taken against him. But shortly after shouting that she did look back to see the Stranger calling to the thing's attention. Striking it would only nullify his efforts- and she felt a remorse but that just added to her already piling collection of emotions- she couldn't see much but the form was massive. Enough for her to turn back to looking at Don trying to start her family ill kept Ford Pick Up- a 1950s Ford Pick Up that had been seeing seasonal work and trips into town for generations. One with holes in the seats- and wood in the truck bed. She climbed in, hoping he didn't turn the car on the thing like he said he would; "DRIVE!"

She sat the fork down on the plate- she- really did just run past him- that whole moment was just- blurred like- how? She pulled her hair back a bit- didn't really have a comb this morning- that being back at the camp site but her fingers would have to keep working. She didn't like that realization though she had chuckled nasely at Marco's remark about the title Lover's Lane.

"Most likely sci-fi." said Monty joining the conversation with Carl.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:49 pm

She nodded. ''I have my gun with me so I wouldn't worry if we run into those goons again. So they took your wallet huh? That's unfortunate, maybe we'll run into them and I'll have them return it. Come on, help me find where you were last night.''

He leads her to a river.
"I remember. It was somewhere around here that the group found me."
He looks around.
"I see tracks... but I don't know from what. Almost seem like..." he looks around.
"Ah, we went this way. Come on."
he leads her to the campsite.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Harbertia wrote:Monty was agitated at being called a 'damsel in distress' or rather suggested as fitting such a role but in keeping respect for Mr. Densons she simply showed it on her face and having nodded at the quality of the pancakes began to be less- picky about them. Heck she still wasn't sure what happened last night- it was blurred regarding that moment- seemed clear lastnight but come morning she still wasn't sure what happened. Donny was running ahead for the car, she let go of the stranger and rushed to catch up with him and- somehow ended up being picked up by him? What did she like- run past him? Surely- surely she didn't. She thought chewing a bit more slowly to ponder such as Carl and Marco spoke- in a sense it was nice to hear Marco being himself, but- did it have to be the agitating self? She stopped for a moment again wondering; what happened?
Harbertia wrote:Not caring about the strange man Monty let go herself. She had looked on with terror as Donny had rushed- Will's instructions still fresh on her mind- Just walk like you don't know it exists and keep moving towards the camp she didn't bother to look back, no use seeing what it was- no use fusing- no use making noise- oh yes Donny had understood what she meant by her look- get the car door open she meant- oh yes he got that message. Anger and desperation upon her face as she rushed to meet him along the way- she was running faster now- faster then even he had- she'd catch up.

Knowing her family's car that was a welcomed invitation. As soon as she caught up to Don she was going to grab him by the arm and drag him there!

Harbertia wrote:Monty believing the thing to be right behind her screamed and picked up the pace even faster then before- she had already been faster then what Donny had ran but now she found even more speed. Raising her hand above her head and spraying behind her she didn't dare look back- and with that also fell apart her plan of grabbing Donny's arm- it was too close this thing too close.

Harbertia wrote:Monty shouts still a bit awestruck by Don's sheer strength but still frantic and frustrated at him; "I CAN'T LOOK AT IT!" The spray had fallen when she was picked up. Her believing for a brief moment it had been the beast getting her before realizing it was just Don- thankfully her relief at this outweighed any fight action she may have taken against him. But shortly after shouting that she did look back to see the Stranger calling to the thing's attention. Striking it would only nullify his efforts- and she felt a remorse but that just added to her already piling collection of emotions- she couldn't see much but the form was massive. Enough for her to turn back to looking at Don trying to start her family ill kept Ford Pick Up- a 1950s Ford Pick Up that had been seeing seasonal work and trips into town for generations. One with holes in the seats- and wood in the truck bed. She climbed in, hoping he didn't turn the car on the thing like he said he would; "DRIVE!"

She sat the fork down on the plate- she- really did just run past him- that whole moment was just- blurred like- how? She pulled her hair back a bit- didn't really have a comb this morning- that being back at the camp site but her fingers would have to keep working. She didn't like that realization though she had chuckled nasely at Marco's remark about the title Lover's Lane.

"Most likely sci-fi." said Monty joining the conversation with Carl.

''Monty!'' interjected Marco.

''Um listen, about last night I was... uh, a little out of it you know? It hit the fan and I just couldn't deal with it... same way as you and Don, hell even Notebook, and Carl and our resident hillbilly here. Look what I'm trying to say is...''

What was he trying to say? His mind was alphabet soup, its swirling broth fluxing to its own motion. Was he even in control of his thoughts? What did he want?

Ask her Master Marco. Ask her the question. The Dorian has yet to show himself and interfere.

''Just putting it out there, I was wonder'n if maybe you and I could... Monty I'm sorry about last night, you know that wasn't me. Now that we've got that panther outta our systems, especially me, we can think more clearly.''

Be concise and she shall tell you the truth.

''Monty... lets go. Anywhere but here.''

Her heart belongs to the Dorian. Let the truth set you free.

New Tussia wrote:

He leads her to a river.
"I remember. It was somewhere around here that the group found me."
He looks around.
"I see tracks... but I don't know from what. Almost seem like..." he looks around.
"Ah, we went this way. Come on."
he leads her to the campsite.

''So this is where Donablain was last night,'' she muttered out loud, not quite intending to have done so.

Rita crouched down to examine the campfire and noticed small paw marks near a shallow pile of dirt.

''A puppy? It buried something in there, I can see a stick poking out the top, must have been used earlier for roasting marshmallows, nothing peculiar.''

She said the last words with some doubt and proceeded to excavate the little pile of dirt.

''Say Dr Bahr, about your associate who stranded you here last night, who was he?''

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Carl

"It's not a dating sim, Marco. Though I wouldn't call it sci-fi since people's heads get chopped off in that game." Carl explained the premise of Lover's Lane. The game was based off this story I read where it has a gimmick you would find in chain mail. Basically, the more you read the story, the most likely you would get killed by the ghosts in the story in real life. Of course, I read it several times months ago and I'm still standing. For movies, I do have the old black and white ones, but I do have Predator with Arnold. Including some other films many of you might have heard of, such as Agitation and The Enduring. Those are some examples I can know up with for movies." Carl said.

RPs I do

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:59 pm

Marco's dream last night...

''Father Thomas, help me.''

''Whose blood stains thy hands my child?''

''It was justice. He was evil.''

''Killing is murder, Marco, no matter the circumstance. You have seized domain over one soul and in doing so you have put your own in jeopardy. Do you understand?''

''He didn't deserve to live! He was trash, worse than trash, his life was a poisonous blight to everything and I erased it! No one will mourn him, no one will remember him and if anyone did they'd thank me! I was in the right!''

''No soul is above redemption, crime is answered with atonement, a measure of one's inner good against the corrupting evil. You had no right to judge his soul, to assume in the absolute of every conceivable certainty that he was void of good and beyond clemency. To judge him as less than human you place yourself on a pedestal to judge the moral worth of every man and woman in this world, a task insurmountable and flawed beyond compare for any human to carry out. What you felt was an innately righteous fury, but you allowed revenge to possess you rather than abiding to justice. Paying evil unto evil only -''

''You told me that we were all born good and can do good if we listen to our soul. What if I listened and ain't felt no guilt, what if I felt completely right. Are you saying my soul is evil?''

''No soul is evil, you just haven't been listening clearly without expunging the evil from your thoughts.''

''Well that's impossible, I can't separate em.''

''Evil doesn't make it easy but at the very least you must try to do good. Even now it tries to consume you and you let it. Donablain. Lucas. Monty. And what of Regina? If you let anger control and consume you at the expense of all else then you will have forsaken yourself. These people have not hurt you in any way deserving of your growing malice. Shed it and save yourself lest you become what you denounced as not even human.''

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:40 am

Rita crouched down to examine the campfire and noticed small paw marks near a shallow pile of dirt.

''A puppy? It buried something in there, I can see a stick poking out the top, must have been used earlier for roasting marshmallows, nothing peculiar.''

She said the last words with some doubt and proceeded to excavate the little pile of dirt.

''Say Dr Bahr, about your associate who stranded you here last night, who was he?''

"Hm... Well, I don't know where my partner, whose name is Tadg Nikolić, went. I haven't seen him since he left to the bank actually."
Alban sat down.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse