NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] I've Got 95 Problems But @@FAITH@@ Ain't One

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] I've Got 95 Problems But @@FAITH@@ Ain't One

Postby Altmer Dominion » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:36 am

[name] I've Got 95 Problems But @@FAITH@@ Ain't One

[validity] must have an official faith, moderate corruption
[description] A religious scholar named Bart Luthier recently incited controversy when he publicly nailed his manifesto onto the doors of numerous religious leaders around @@NAME@@. He claims that his writings have uncovered 95 theological disagreements with @@FAITH@@, many of which revolve around corruption within the faith. Moreover, his congregation has taken to traveling across the nation, where their advocacy of a 'reformed' denomination has begun attracting a surprising number of converts.

[option] "The nerve of that man!" fumes your spiritual advisor @@RANDOMNAME@@, @@HIS@@ face beet-red. "Luthier is threatening our sacrosanct religious unity! His reckless preaching preys upon the weak-minded, dividing families and friends over a fraudulent faith. He is worse than a heretic: he's a public menace! For the sake of the nation, Bart Luthier must be rounded up and jailed at once!"
[effect] the act of reporting blasphemy is known as 'Orthodoxxing'

[option] "Thou shall not position Luthier to claim Martyrdom," recites medieval historian @@RANDOMNAME@@, reading off a yellowed roll of parchment. "Thy false prophet's disciples close ranks, becoming nigh impenetrable to reason. Coax @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ nature in thy stead, let thee test Luthier's proclaimed incorruptibility. Reinstate titles of Nobility whilst bestowing highest honours among thy primary agitators. Amidst thine peerage, in due time even Luthier shall grimly realize his willing price."
[effect] among peers is when @@AN@@ @@DEMONYM@@ feels the most alone

[option] "I cannot believe what I'm hearing!" tuts your sister, having just returned from a vacation in Brancaland. "The @@NAME@@ I know tolerates all different backgrounds and religions. Who cares if someone thinks a little differently from you? In fact, why don't you throw a little taxpayer money Bart's way and go down to his congregation in a show of good faith? In fact, let's do the same for multiple minority religions! The resulting publicity tour will go a long way in establishing how religious intolerance truly has no home here."
[effect] taxpayers receive expenditure reports from the Grand High Poobah of the Order of Violet

[option] "Fascinating," mutters one of your aides while browsing Luthier's manuscript. "With all due respect, the guy makes good points. If you hire him as a religious advisor to work this out, a theological split might be avoided altogether. A little constructive criticism never hurts, right?"
[effect] the writing style of religious texts often changes mid-sentence
Last edited by Altmer Dominion on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Issues Authored
Want to Write an Issue? Start Here.
Song of the Day. (Periodically changed)

Do More with the Thalmor: All profits go to the Eradication of Talos Worship

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:37 am

All well and good if @@LEADER@@ is in charge of the church. However, it rarley worka like that
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:02 pm

I had a similar draft idea floating around about a year or two ago or so, with a nearly identical title. Weird. Not accusing you of foul play, of course, just that it was odd.

Anyway, I like this considerably more than mine. Though I do think that at least moderate spirituality should be added to the validity, I mean, more secular minded nations just wouldn't care all that much. Though then again, that's probably what the third option is for.

I like it, and the "Orthodoxxing" line is really good.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:45 pm

Valrifell wrote:I had a similar draft idea floating around about a year or two ago or so, with a nearly identical title. Weird. Not accusing you of foul play, of course, just that it was odd.

Anyway, I like this considerably more than mine. Though I do think that at least moderate spirituality should be added to the validity, I mean, more secular minded nations just wouldn't care all that much. Though then again, that's probably what the third option is for.

I like it, and the "Orthodoxxing" line is really good.

That's really funny. I'm actually not the biggest fan of the current title; it was the only one that popped into my head at the time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'll think about the spirituality/religiousness aspect, just to cover the bases.
Issues Authored

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:02 pm

All well and good if @@LEADER@@ is in charge of the church. However, it rarely works like that
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:44 am

Australian rePublic wrote:All well and good if @@LEADER@@ is in charge of the church. However, it rarely works like that

I forget, is 'Theocracy' tracked as a policy? If so, then that could be the validity.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Shrive
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Shrive » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:52 am

Australian rePublic wrote:All well and good if @@LEADER@@ is in charge of the church. However, it rarley worka like that

I actually disagree, I didn't see that

Perhaps you could say something closer to "nailed his manifesto to the door of @@NAME@@'s largest/head church"

It also says "pubically nailed" and that's accidentally grotesque hahaha so you may want to fix that

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:07 am

Shrive wrote:It also says "pubically nailed" and that's accidentally grotesque

:rofl:
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008

Postby Kylarnatia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:09 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:All well and good if @@LEADER@@ is in charge of the church. However, it rarely works like that

I forget, is 'Theocracy' tracked as a policy? If so, then that could be the validity.

I was going to suggest the same, either that or just change it from being nailed to @@LEADER@@'s door to another more public setting.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:30 am

Bears Armed wrote:I forget, is 'Theocracy' tracked as a policy? If so, then that could be the validity.
Theocracy is on the policy page, but it's a pseudo-policy based on having minimal religious freedom, rather than a genuine flag.

In any case, it's far from unusual for national leaders to take sides in religious schisms, even if they aren't the official "Pope-equivalent" of the religion.

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:01 pm

I've made Luthier tack his writings onto the doors of religious leaders. In this scenario, it should still be appropriate for @@LEADER@@ to weigh in.
Issues Authored

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:23 am

Bears Armed wrote:

Theocracy=/=control of church

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Any other comments?
Issues Authored

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Submitted.
Issues Authored

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008

Postby Kylarnatia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Good luck! ^^
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:23 pm

Good Luck!

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 am

Good luck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?