NATION

PASSWORD

Milford-Gaudier Academy [OOC, MOVED OFFSITE, Pt. I]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Milford-Gaudier Academy [OOC, MOVED OFFSITE, Pt. I]

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:28 pm

Welcome to Milford-Gaudier Academy
>>>OOC-Thread<<< | IC-Thread | Class-Thread | Discord

"True terror is to wake up one morning, and discover that your high school class is running the country." - Kurt Vonnegut
Note: Please do not post in the IC-Thread until the application for your character you are applying for has been approved.

Background Information:
Various, repeated iterations of the coming-of-age variety of roleplay have been attempted, settings especially focused on the high-school/adolescence period of life. Following attempts in this genre in the form of Coastal Daytona, Blake Holsey, among others, comes the latest in Milford-Gaudier Academy. Milford-Gaudier Academy is a fictional prestigious private school, based out of Jersey City, right across the Hudson River from New York City. Students attending Milford-Gaudier Academy range from locals to out-of-towners, utilizing the dorming options the school offers to upperclassmen and underclassmen alike - the hybrid boarding/traditional nature of the institution certainly making it rather unique for a high school. You may decide for your characters to live on-campus, or see fit to be for them to be locals in attendance at Milford-Gaudier Academy, the choice is all up to you. You may aspire for one of your characters to compete amongst each other in athletics, rise up the ranks to best each other in academics, or rival each other to steal a certain someone's heart and affection in pursuit of romance. Further, all of your characters are free to wander, to explore the world around them, and to interact with each other with an endless litany of possibilities - some prompted by pre-arranged happenings on campus, others immediately spurred by the interactions, and choices, made between your characters.

**This is not a roleplay for characters with magical powers, superpowers, mutants, or otherwise those with special physical abilities.**

School Information:
As mentioned previously, Milford-Gaudier Academy is a unique hybrid school with the option of on-campus dorming for any applying students. The student body approximately numbers to be 2,500, overwhelming majority being locals, though certainly a few hundred opting to live on-campus. Milford-Gaudier Academy, founded in 1906, has built a highly esteemed reputation for excellence in academics for over a hundred years, and has also been particularly competitive in its' athletic programs throughout its' history as well. Milford-Gaudier Academy offers the normal litany of athletic, and other extra-curricular, activities for its' students to participate in. The mascot for Milford-Gaudier Academy is the Bluebirds, and its' school colors are oxford blue and white. Finally, roleplay will be taking place during the 2019-2020 academic school year.

Location Information:
Jersey City, home to about 250,000 people, yet within minutes of the beating heart of New York City. The New York City metropolitan area, is home to nearly 25 million people, one of the largest of its' kind in the world, and contains a mind-boggling number of attractions, sights, and things for your characters to do together, outside of campus, and one of the most intricate webs of mass-transportation ensures your characters have a limitless potential of, seamlessly, trekking about town.
(Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_City,_New_Jersey | https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_ ... litan_area)

Rules:
1.) OP word is law. I am a benevolent dictator, but this is still my reign. I will always be open to suggestions and discussion, but my word will always be final.
2.) Post as often you please, but please inform us as you can't. Life happens. It's perfectly understandable that you may unexpectedly have to step away from NationStates for a period of time. You will not be punished for that. However, please keep us informed of your situation when you can, should that happen, and especially if you are presently-interacting with another character. For the sake of the health of the RP, if any player were to disappear for a lingering period of time, their characters are subject to relinquishment by the OP - and will be appropriately controlled in order to keep direction of the roleplay moving forward. Control of these characters will be given back to the player upon their return. By applying, you (the player) agree to this possibility for your characters, should you become absent from roleplay.
3.) Please put forth some degree of effort in your posts. While I am very lenient in this, please do not make it a habit to continually post one-liners. I understand some conversational dialogue will require it, and I am always preferential to whatever feels natural and realistic - as opposed to pressing on details and forcing out more writing than what you'd like, but think of your characters as less like storybook characters and more like actual people. What are their thoughts? Their expressions and mannerisms? Details make your writing come to life, paints them vividly in the minds of readers, and I just ask you to attempt making your own contributions. You have a lot to offer. If you want help, if you're struggling with ideas, or hitting a bit of a writer's block, please don't hesitate to ask for help. We will certainly be happy to help.
4.) Respect thy fellow players. Don't act immature, and don't be a jerk. You're not nearly as cool as you think you are when you act like that, you're just a cotten-headed ninnymuggins. Got it? Good.
5.) Keep characters realistic. I'm all for creativity, and that includes your characters, but keep in mind that they are teenagers. They will not be experts on the stock-market, Ben Shaprio-esque political debaters, outdoorsmen with twenty-thousand proficiencies, or whatever craziness your brain can conjure up. Similarly, don't make them so bland that a bottle of water is more interesting and flavorful. These characters are your creations, take pride in them and give them some balance.
6.) 6.) Cheat-editing, godmodding, and metagaming are all strictly forbidden. Guys, it's blatantly obvious when this happens. Just don't do it. Having your character be aware of knowledge that is, frankly, impossible for said character to be aware of, in an IC-context; editing posts following a fellow player's posts, in order to contain any reputable damage or harm; or controlling any character's actions or circumstances, aside from your own, in any way, shape, or form are all strictly forbidden. The only exception to this will be if there is an arrangement between the players of characters, and even then will it be allowed if I, the OP, am pre-informed, in order to avoid any misunderstanding, confusion, and/or drama from ensuing.
7.) Keep OOC and IC-posts separate. There are threads for both for a particular reason, utilize them as such. This is not an anarchy.
8.) Keep roleplay PG-13. If you are wondering if you are crossing a line, it is best to ask in the OOC first. There are rules to posting on NSForums and Telegraming alike. Follow them, you dastardly cretins. Romancing scenes, for example, that gets steamy beyond what is understood to be "PG-13" is subject to the "fade-out" rule. Excessive swearing and illegal substance usage are other such examples. This rule will be strictly enforced, for all scenes, throughout the roleplay.
9.) To ensure you've actually read all this jargon before applying. In the "other" section, under "additional suggested information, please write, at the very end, "Potato Salad."
10.) All student characters, at least for this first variation of the roleplay, will strictly be juniors (11th grade). This is to ensure all characters will have the maximum in possibility, and opportunities for interaction, with each other.

Applications:
Code: Select all
REQUIRED INFORMATION
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b] *Student/faculty, but if faculty - please specify exact position*
[b]Appearance:[/b] *Picture is preferable, written description is acceptable*
[b]Height and Weight:[/b]
[b]Short-bio:[/b] *Two-sentence minimum, capturing some of the the character's life and/or past* 

ADDITIONAL SUGGESTED INFORMATION
[b]Birthday:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Disorders/Handicaps:[/b]
[b]Fears, Wishes, and Goals:[/b]
[b]Distinguishing Marks:[/b] *Any scars, tattoos, piercings, wounds, etc.?*
[b]Voice:[/b] *how do they ordinarily sound like when they speak?*
[b]Other:[/b] *among others... favorite salad?*

#Hershey (Don't remove this)
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:28 pm

Approved Character Roster:

STUDENTS
Curtis Aldor (Greater vakolicci haven)
Silvia Balena (Peoples shara)
Jimmy Barrow (The Twelve Isles)
Ibrahim Benhamed (Ikilina)
Nathan Bernard (The Federation of Spokane)
Christian Blackwell (Vaquas)
Joseph Bridges (Kyraina)
Casey Carter (Flattnerk)
Ryan Carter (Chewion)
Lyanna Chambers (Corrian)
Teddy Clarke (Segral)
Edward DuFour (Khasinkonia)
Kydaana Dzhugashvili (Khasinkonia)
Madison Edwards (Imperial Esplanade)
Rachel Epstein (Vaquas)
Cassandra Goldberg (Corrian)
Garrett Hudson (Sperio)
Eizler Ingerstadt (The World Capitalist Confederation)
Ernest Ingerstadt (The World Capitalist Confederation)
Peter Kowalski (Elejamie)
Pavel Kruczynski (The Posthuman Coalition)
Lawrence Li (Phoenix2012)
Kimberly Loiseau (Imperial Esplanade)
Janet McNulty (The Twelve Islands)
Luka Miranda (Federal States of Xathuecia)
Darren Noble (Imperial Esplanade/Flattnerk)
Veikko Pääkkönen (Elejamie)
Theresa Richards (Imperial Esplanade/Kirstenland)
Erin Saneda (Elejamie)
Ryo Shimizu (Recon)
Benjamin Staples (Alozia)
Claudia Steinfield (Corrian)
Christopher Sullivan (Imperial Esplanade)
Karena Svendsen (Corrian)
Scarlett Swift (Corrian)
Sophia Taylor (Imperial Esplanade)
Isabel Tietjen (Armanischa)
Damara Vladimiri (White Bluff)
Siegbert Volker (Greater Arab State)
Adam Walker (Kyraina)
Altan Zaya (The Federation of Spokane)
Yixuan Zhu (Kwadai)
Audrey Zanetti (Imperial Esplanade/Flattnerk)

FACULTY
Brian Hennessy (Elejamie)
Zinaida Kiryanova (Cheveksim)

Upcoming Schedule:
- Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 (first day back from school)
- Friday, September 6th, 2019 (house party at Madison Edward's place)
- TBD (class scene)

Dormitory Arrangements:
The following is a typical arrangement of what to expect of the dormitory, three to a room, with a lounge and kitchenette at one end of the hallway, and stairwells at the other:

BOYS
Room 01: Luka Miranda and Christian Blackwell and Eizler Ingerstadt
Room 02: Peter Kowalski and Adam Walker and Ryo Shimizu
Room 03: Yixuan Zhu and Lawrence Li and Altan Zaya
Room 04: Darren Noble and Jimmy Barrow and Ernest Ingerstadt
Room 05: Ryan Carter and Nathan Bernard and OPEN
Room 06: Christopher Sullivan and OPEN and OPEN
Room 07: OPEN and OPEN and OPEN
Room 08: OPEN and OPEN and OPEN

GIRLS
Room 01: Sophia Taylor and Audrey Zanetti and Karena Svendsen
Room 02: Erin Saneda and Lyanna Chambers and Damara Vladimiri
Room 03: Edward DuFour and Janet McNulty and Cassandra Goldberg
Room 04: Claudia Steinfield and OPEN and OPEN
Room 05: Scarlett Swift and Theresa Richards and Isabel Tietjen
Room 06: OPEN and OPEN and OPEN
Room 07: OPEN and OPEN and OPEN
Room 08: OPEN and OPEN and OPEN
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 39 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:29 pm

Summary of Events:
N/A

Current IC-Timeline:
Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 (First day of school!)
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 10 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:45 pm

Tag
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Blake Peterson

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:55 pm

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Darren Noble
Role: Student
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 6'2, 185 lbs.
Short-bio: Born into an affluent family on the west-coast, Darren practically knew nothing except for the privilege he had been spoiled to for nearly the entirety of his childhood as well as the determination and drive his parents had instilled in him to, someday, take over the family business he would stand to inherit one day from his parents, of which has been growing for nearly a hundred years when his paternal grandparents have established it back in 1952 in Los Angeles. Yet, in spite of the grooming, Darren has taken up an alternate interest in athletics that may prove to conflict the desire his parents have for him, being that Darren is currently the highly-recruited starting varsity quarterback for Milford-Gaudier Academy, as well as a shortstop for the varsity baseball team.

Birthday: 04/15/2003
Hometown: San Francisco, California
Personality: Darren is magnanimous, charming, and frequently ostentatious, always on the lookout for women to impress. Although, in spite of his current appearance and projection of seeking the superficial in relationships and experiences with women, part of him has been longing for a serious, healthy, and lasting relationship, and he has steadily been becoming more and more disinterested in the flashy flamboyance he has been subjected to throughout much of his childhood, due to his upbringing in a highly successful family on the other side of the country, and has sought for more "grounding," brotherhood, and self-discovery through the sports he has come to love and play - with dreams of one day playing professionally.
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Likes: San Francisco 49ers, San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors, foods of all types, adventuring/traveling.
Dislikes: Country music, drug usage (general law-breaking), mathematics, overly-cocky people.
Skills: Knows how to play guitar, extensive video-gamer, all-around athlete (great at basketball and soccer, atop of baseball and football).
Disorders/Handicaps: None.
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Darren's greatest fear is to suffer a debilitating injury, threatening his ability to compete in athletics for any duration of time - especially extensively. Darren's wish, however, is to some day lead either the football team or the baseball team to the state championship.
Distinguishing Marks: None of note.
Voice: Sam Darnold.
Other: Starting varsity QB, starting varsity shortstop. Drives a red 2018 Maserati GranTurismo Coupe. Potato Salad.

* Formerly named Blake Peterson in the RP before changing hands in character-ownership to Flattnerk *

Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Sophia Taylor

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:03 pm

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Sophia Taylor
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 5'7, 120 lbs.
Short-bio: Born on Christmas Eve, Sophia was raised in a close tight-knit family, the youngest of three, in the same two-story home near the Atlantic coastline for, nearly, the entirety of her life. Sophia's parents both met, and graduated, from nearby Yale University, although her father came from Tampa Bay, Florida whereas her mother's family is rooted around the New Haven area. Following a tumultuous sophomore year in high school, in which Sophia was the target of bullying, she decided to take a risk for her junior year and transfer to the prestigious boarding school her maternal grandparents had attended many years ago, about two hours away, for New York/Jersey City. Otherwise, the bubbly girl has had a relatively happy upbringing.

Birthday: 12/24/2003
Hometown: New Haven, Connecticut
Personality: Sophia has generally always been very kind, upbeat, and optimistic, although had struggled immensely back at her old school, and has been feeling uncertain, and is beginning to experience a lot of self-doubting, as she starts her next chapter of life - far away from everything, and everyone, she had ever known. Sophia has generally has been described as a "goody two-shoes," and she goes out of her way to avoid confrontations - willing to internalize most of what upsets her.
Likes: Reading books, learning new things, writing/journaling.
Dislikes: Rap music, cliquey-behavior, religious/political zealotry.
Skills: Plays guitar, somewhat artsy, excellent writer.
Disorders/Handicaps: Suffers from anxiety.
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Sophia's greatest fear is that of being outcast, again, and even more so being the target of further bullying right from the onset at her new school. Although, conversely, Sophia's greatest wish at the onset of the year is to find her footing and to make, at least, one best friend at Milford-Gaudier Academy. Among the goals she has is to be a part of the school's newspaper, though so also is trying out for a sport (for the sake of at least attempting something new), as well as her desire to start learning how to play the piano, at some point, in the year.
Distinguishing Marks: None of note.
Voice: A gentle, soft, and assuring tone of voice that compliments her warm and friendly smile whenever she speaks.
Other: Sophia doesn't realize it yet, but she has a lovely, melodious singing voice. Sophia is also currently wearing Invisalign aligners. Drives a 2001 black Honda Accord. Potato Salad.

Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Audrey Zanetti

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:42 pm

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Audrey Zanetti
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 5'4, 118 lbs.
Short-bio: Born into a traditional, conservative, and large Italian family, Audrey has always felt at-odds with her parents with nearly everything, from religion to politics to sexuality, all of which seems to be stemmed from her confusion over herself, and the insistence from her parents with their espoused Catholic lifestyle. This "rebelliousness," in a sense, led to her struggling both academically and socially, atop of emotionally, leading to her parents eventually deciding it may be worth sending her to Milford-Gaudier Academy, a highly reputable boarding school, for a change of scenery, and for some time and space for her to grow away from the constantly-peering eyes of her parents - of whom she has grown to nearly despise at this point.

Birthday: 09/15/2003
Hometown: Baltimore, Maryland
Personality: Audrey is a very outgoing, quick-witted, and funny person, full of energy and enjoys partying as much as any other, and frequently in-tune with the latest gossip around campus. Audrey is just as much a city-girl, who loves to go shopping in particular, as she is outdoorsy - avid environmentalist, lover of animals, and frequent hiker/camper. Audrey is also athletic, played sports throughout her life, although she never had much of a desire to join any school teams.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual (leans toward girls)
Likes: Alcohol, progressive-aligned politics, swimming, punk music, horror and sci-fi movies.
Dislikes: SeaWorld, conservative-aligned politics, Catholicism (particularly), most fast food.
Skills: Can pick locks, among a few other "underground" talents.
Disorders/Handicaps: Minor depression.
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Audrey's worst fears are, currently, being outed to her traditionalist parents far sooner than she would hope for. Wish/goal, meanwhile, is to find genuine happiness at this stage of life.
Distinguishing Marks: None.
Voice: Brie Larson.
Other: Potato salad.

Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:14 pm

As mentioned to the several of us within the Discord server, the IC-thread will be up within a week. Priority, currently, lies in applications - both in the creating and reviewing of them, as well as in creating a tentative schedule of upcoming events.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:25 pm

Lastly: also note the location has been changed, only slightly, to accommodate some unforeseen complication, from Brooklyn in New York - to directly across the Hudson, in favor for Jersey City, New Jersey.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:11 pm

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Theodore "Teddy" Clarke
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 6'0, 170 lbs

Short-Bio:
Theo Clarke was born in the Bronx as a second-generation immigrant in a Jamaican family. His single mother had moved to America after her husband was killed in an industrial accident, in search of new job opportunities and better education for her then-unborn son. Other family members had moved to the Bronx from Jamaica as well, and being closer to family would make raising a child easier. His mother soon found work as a successful real estate agent, while her son set to work at school and sports, with basketball being his sport of choice. He matured well due to both strong discipline from his mother as well as his social life and athletics, despite being an average student in school, and soon won a scholarship to attend the prestigious Milford-Gaudier High School. While in his freshman and sophomore years, he developed a passion for music, beginning to participate in slam poetry and rapping contests, and learning to make beats and music with computer programs. He now begins his junior year of high school, hoping to finally break into the varsity basketball team, and maybe get an A in Music.

Birthday: May 23rd, 2002
Hometown: New York City, New York (Bronx Neighbourhood)

Personality: Teddy, as his name implies, is a bit of a gentle giant, a big, affectionate boisterous guy with a lot of energy. He loves to be around people, he loves hustle-bustle, and he loves to interact, making him quite at home in the big city. He's a hard worker when it comes to things he enjoys, but he has a tendency to slack hard when it comes to academics and paperwork, especially showing in places such as Math. He also has a great respect for authority figures both in and out of school, leading some to label him a "pet" or "pushover". Overall, Ted's a fun, dependable, and passionate guy, who, despite lacking in certain areas, is a strong student and friend.

Sexual Orientation: Straight/Heterosexual

Likes: Basketball, hip-hop, reggae, the Bronx Zoo, oxtail soup, cycling, and working out.
Dislikes: Shopping, skateboarders, morning commuters, racists, and spiders.

Skills: Excellent athlete, fairly good rapper, and can drive pretty well.

Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Teddy's greatest fear is of dying, as he is quite happy with life and hates even the mere thought of dying. His wish is to become a musician or a producer at some point, maybe even be successful at it, as it's something he truly loves and wants to do. His goal for the year is to break onto the varsity basketball team, and get a new job after he got fired from Starbucks.

Distinguishing Marks: He's got a long scar on his chin from when he fell down the stairs as a toddler.
Voice: Rob Brown.
Other: Potato salad. Shares his mom's car, a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Last edited by Segral on Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
yea bro idk

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:15 pm

Segral wrote:REQUIRED INFORMATION
Appearance:

Short-Bio:
Theo Clarke was born in the Bronx as a second-generation immigrant in a Jamaican family. His single mother had moved to America after her husband was killed in an industrial accident, in search of new job opportunities and better education for her then-unborn son. Other family members had moved to the Bronx from Jamaica as well, and being closer to family would make raising a child easier. His mother soon found work as a successful real estate agent, while her son set to work at school and sports, with basketball being his sport of choice. He matured well due to both strong discipline from his mother as well as his social life and athletics, despite being an average student in school, and soon won a scholarship to attend the prestigious Milford-Gaudier High School. While in his freshman and sophomore years, he developed a passion for music, beginning to participate in slam poetry and rapping contests, and learning to make beats and music with computer programs. He now begins his junior year of high school, hoping to finally break into the varsity basketball team, and maybe get an A in Music.

Personality: Teddy, as his name implies, is a bit of a gentle giant, a big, affectionate boisterous guy with a lot of energy. He loves to be around people, he loves hustle-bustle, and he loves to interact, making him quite at home in the big city. He's a hard worker when it comes to things he enjoys, but he has a tendency to slack hard when it comes to academics and paperwork, especially showing in places such as Math. He also has a great respect for authority figures both in and out of school, leading some to label him a "pet" or "pushover". Overall, Ted's a fun, dependable, and passionate guy, who, despite lacking in certain areas, is a strong student and friend.

Likes: Basketball, hip-hop, reggae, the Bronx Zoo, oxtail soup, cycling, and working out.
Dislikes: Shopping, skateboarders, morning commuters, racists, salad, and spiders.

Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Teddy's greatest fear is of dying, as he is quite happy with life and hates even the mere thought of dying. His wish is to become a musician or a producer at some point, maybe even be successful at it, as it's something he truly loves and wants to do. His goal for the year is to break onto the varsity basketball team, and get a new job after he got fired from Starbucks.

Distinguishing Marks: He's got a long scar on his chin from when he fell down the stairs as a toddler.
Other: He does not like salad (sorry 'bout that). Shares his mom's car, a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

You must had missed the bit in the rules, my friend.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:08 am

I like the addition of rooms with 3 people instead of 2.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:54 am

Bachelor number one:

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Brian Hennessey
Role: Faculty - Math teacher
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 6' 4" and 199lb
Short-bio: James Brian Hennessey, more commonly known by his middle name, was born on New Year's Day in the New Lodge area of Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland. The third of six children (as well as the oldest son) in a Catholic family, his early life was difficult due to growing up during the Troubles, the conflict that ravaged the province at the time. His father, also named James but prefers to be called Jimmy, was interned by the British army a few months after Brian's birth; although he was later released thanks to a combination of him having no links to the IRA and a number of protests by friends and family, both he and Brian's uncle Eddie were injured in a UVF bomb attack on a bar in December that year. When Brian was ten, another one of his uncles, Patrick, was shot dead by loyalist paramilitaries after a night out when he unintentionally strayed into Protestant territory. And about a month after his 21st birthday he narrowly avoided getting caught up in a UDA/UFF shooting at a betting shop. However, despite this and various other factors, he had a good upbringing and, apart from a few scuffles, never really got into trouble, although he had a near miss when a police cracked down on a rave he was attending in 1991.

In the mid 1990s, he got his MSc in mathematics at Queen's University and decided to go into teaching, primarily because he figured it was the best course of action for him. He trained to become one and his first gig was a substitute teacher at a Catholic secondary school in his home city; although he liked the job, he decided to leave it in 1998 shortly after a Real IRA car bomb that went off in Omagh made him very anxious about whether or not the peace would last. As a result, he decided that it would be a good idea to move to a different country just in case the Troubles restarted. After saving enough money (although winning a few grand from the lottery helped a bit), he moved to New York City in 1999, a city he had been on holiday before and had fond memories of visiting at the cost of him and his family not celebrating Christmas that year or the year after. Although he started doing some odd jobs to pay the bills and to get closer to citizenship, he eventually got back into teaching and became a substitute teacher at a variety of schools in the local area. In 2004, a friend would help him land a permanent job teaching math at Milford-Gaudier Academy in Jersey City, which is how he met his future wife Marlene, who was a librarian at the school before she got a job at the Brooklyn Public Library; the two would eventually marry in the Summer of '06 whereas he would have his job for nearly 15 years and counting.

Birthday: 01/01/1971
Hometown: Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK.
Personality: He's a fun guy when it comes to teaching, as he figured that it was the best way to get everyone interested in maths. Not necessarily "jumping on the tables" sort of fun and definitely not "treating his students like kindergarteners" sort of fun but rather bringing up scenarios, situations and other sorts of things and trying to apply mathematics to them. However, while he does have moments where can come across as a bit facetious, he will treat really strict situations with complete seriousness.
Sexual Orientation: Straight, although he has had a few same-sex experiences in the past.
Likes: Math; pool; snooker; soccer (with his favourite teams being the New York Red Bulls, Cliftonville FC, Celtic and the Northern Irish national team); rugby union, especially Ulster Rugby (his province's main team) and the [united] Irish national team; football, namely the New York Giants thanks to him watching them play on TV during the 80s; ginger ale; rum; and 80s/90s dance music, as it reminds him of when he went raving in the early-mid 90s. He is also a supporter for the Libertarian Party in the US and the SDLP back in Northern Ireland, though he does have some respect for Bill Clinton due to his work in helping end the Troubles.
Dislikes: The "Why do we learn these things if we're never going to use them?" mentality some people have about math, which is what inspired him to make his classes the way they are; smoking; whisk(e)y, surprisingly enough, as he prefers rum instead; and Rangers FC. He's also not fond of the IRA or indeed any of the paramilitaries, both republican and loyalist, during the Troubles; even to this day, he's also not fond of Sinn Féin (the former political wing of the IRA), the PUP or the DUP (who had/have links to the UVF and UDA respectively). Also, while technically true (and he'll forgive you if you say "technically"), he's not fond of being called British.
Skills: He has a good knowledge of math, helped by the fact that it was his favourite subject in school. He's also quite good at snooker (even though he hasn't played it in over 20 years) and, thanks to that and his math knowledge, is very good at pool and even considered going professional a few years after his arrival in the States. And he plays rugby at the weekend, primarily as a winger or a centre, although he can also be a fullback if necessary, so he's able to keep in shape.
Disorders/Handicaps: No real disorders or handicaps that I can think of, though his facetiousness and occasional dark sense of humour might be a bit off-putting and, indeed, have landed him in some hot water in the past, both in NI and the USA.
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Fears: He's afraid of the Troubles restarting back in Northern Ireland or for his adopted homeland of the USA to be
irreparably torn apart for whatever reason. He also still has bad memories of the 90's Irish kids TV show Rimini Riddle, having seen about a minute of it while spending some time in the Republic of Ireland back in 1995.

Wishes: None, he's content with what he has.

Goals: To see his students succeed.
Distinguishing Marks: None
Voice: Despite being an American citizen for the best part of two decades he still retains his fairly strong Belfast accent, though fortunately for his students he speaks a little bit slower and clearer during his lessons.
Other: He's quite fond of Ulster fries, salades niçoise and shepherd's pies (bonus points if it actually contains lamb instead of beef, which would make it a cottage pie). He very rarely swears and it's not uncommon to hear him say "flip" inside of school or "feck" outside of it, though he doesn't consider "hell" or "damn" to be rude words. He owns a white Honda Integra DC2 Type R, though due to the New York traffic he'll only drive it if it requires him going out of the city. And he has two children, Liam (aged 10) and Roisin (aged 9). At the very end, "potato salad".

Hopefully, this should be OK other than the fact that I don't know what "short" means. As always, please let me know if you any problems, issues or anything like that so I can go back in and either fix them or explain them in more detail.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

The Posthuman Coalition
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Posthuman Coalition » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:30 am

-null-
Last edited by The Posthuman Coalition on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
-- NOVVS HVMANITAE --
Tier 11, Level 0, Type 9

MANKIND HAS BECOME SEMPITERNAL

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Reposted, Pending Review

Postby Segral » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:29 am

This is what I get for not reading the rules carefully....

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Appearance:

Short-Bio:

yea bro idk

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:14 am

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Zhu Yixuan
Appearance: Yixuan

Height and Weight: 174cm, 59kg, slim and not muscular
Short-bio: Yixuan was born in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen in October 2002. Fortunately he was born in a relatively privileged situation with both his parents joint managing a successful technology company based in the city and with access to major cities such as Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Macau. An only child, Yixuan lives at home with his parents and paternal grandparents. With both his parents being Guangdong province natives, his home language growing up was largely Cantonese, however due to the increasing prominence of Mandarin in Shenzhen as well as learning from school, this soon became his language of choice. Eventually he even switched to Mandarin at home as his parents already knew the language from their business dealings. It has come to the stage where he only ever uses Cantonese to communicate with his older relatives. Much of Yixuan’s time has been spent reading extensively on Renaissance Europe, an era he has been fascinated by and has greatly shaped his own personal interests and he has a particular love for painting and artwork. He aspires one day to collect art and to visit the cities of France and Italy to see these works in person. While he has travelled before, most of these visits have been to other Asian countries. Yixuan equally enjoys fashion and design and while he hasn’t fully determined his future university and career goals, this is yet another area of interest to him, although this is not something he has expressed to his industrious minded family. Now in high school, Yixuan was presented with the promising opportunity to enroll as an exchange student in Milford Gautier Academy, a prestigious school thousands of kilometres away in New Jersey, USA.

Birthday: 16th October 2002
Hometown: Shenzhen, China
Personality: Yixuan is typically introverted and the type to keep to himself, he would take more enjoyment from spending hours exploring a museum or gallery or playing video games with a few close friends than from attending a party or social gathering. His reserved nature also means he can be quite awkward and out of place, particularly at aforementioned social events. When it comes to making friends Yixuan likes to find a group of people with whom he can connect to easily with similar interests and personalities. Subsequently he often places distance between himself all those that are not his close friends which means it is often difficult to become close to him, but once a bond has been established Yixuan is fiercely loyal and he therefore expects the same in return. He has trained himself to be extremely independent and normally doesn't like to rely on other people if at all possible.
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Likes: Museums, libraries, art galleries, (fine art in general but especially Italian Renaissance, Romanticism and Impressionism era, Rococo, Baroque), fashion design, China, Chinese food, dark chocolate, cooking, ice cream, coconut, herbal teas, warm weather but also snow because it’s pretty and doesn’t occur in his region of China.
Dislikes: Science related subjects, graffiti, chewing gum, turnips, mayonnaise, cotton candy, people with bad hygiene, public speaking and presentations, sports wear, racism and the Republican Party, insects with more than four legs, especially the crawling or scuttling sort, physical confrontations and sport.
Skills: Fluent in Mandarin, but conversational in English and Cantonese. Can play the piano and violin and is a talented artist particularly painting.
Disorders/Handicaps: Suffers from a form of social anxiety, is lactose intolerant and has hay fever.
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Yixuan’s primary wishes for his exchange are to improve his English and make new friends however he fears that his shyness may impact his ability to do so and worries about remaining an outsider for much of his time at the school. Being in the United States, he is excited to explore both all the sites and attractions of New York City and its surroundings.
Distinguishing Marks: Nothing in particular.
Voice: Normally quite soft spoken and never loud. When speaking English his accent is somewhat noticeable and he speaks a little slower as he is still nervous about making mistakes due to little practice despite having high proficiency.
Other: “Potato Salad” is kind of gross btw. *I may add more to some areas of his character*

Last edited by Kwadai on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:44 am

Elejamie wrote:Bachelor number one:

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Brian Hennessey
Role: Faculty - Math teacher
Appearance:
Height and Weight: 6' 4" and 199lb
Short-bio: James Brian Hennessey, more commonly known by his middle name, was born on New Year's Day in the New Lodge area of Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland. The third of six children (as well as the oldest son) in a Catholic family, his early life was difficult due to growing up during the Troubles, the conflict that ravaged the province at the time. His father, also named James but prefers to be called Jimmy, was interned by the British army a few months after Brian's birth; although he was later released thanks to a combination of him having no links to the IRA and a number of protests by friends and family, both he and Brian's uncle Eddie were injured in a UVF bomb attack on a bar in December that year. When Brian was ten, another one of his uncles, Patrick, was shot dead by loyalist paramilitaries after a night out when he unintentionally strayed into Protestant territory. And about a month after his 21st birthday he narrowly avoided getting caught up in a UDA/UFF shooting at a betting shop. However, despite this and various other factors, he had a good upbringing and, apart from a few scuffles, never really got into trouble, although he had a near miss when a police cracked down on a rave he was attending in 1991.

In the mid 1990s, he got his MSc in mathematics at Queen's University and decided to go into teaching, primarily because he figured it was the best course of action for him. He trained to become one and his first gig was a substitute teacher at a Catholic secondary school in his home city; although he liked the job, he decided to leave it in 1998 shortly after a Real IRA car bomb that went off in Omagh made him very anxious about whether or not the peace would last. As a result, he decided that it would be a good idea to move to a different country just in case the Troubles restarted. After saving enough money (although winning a few grand from the lottery helped a bit), he moved to New York City in 1999, a city he had been on holiday before and had fond memories of visiting at the cost of him and his family not celebrating Christmas that year or the year after. Although he started doing some odd jobs to pay the bills and to get closer to citizenship, he eventually got back into teaching and became a substitute teacher at a variety of schools in the local area. In 2004, a friend would help him land a permanent job teaching math at Milford-Gaudier Academy in Jersey City, which is how he met his future wife Marlene, who was a librarian at the school before she got a job at the Brooklyn Public Library; the two would eventually marry in the Summer of '06 whereas he would have his job for nearly 15 years and counting.

Birthday: 01/01/1971
Hometown: Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK.
Personality: He's a fun guy when it comes to teaching, as he figured that it was the best way to get everyone interested in maths. Not necessarily "jumping on the tables" sort of fun and definitely not "treating his students like kindergarteners" sort of fun but rather bringing up scenarios, situations and other sorts of things and trying to apply mathematics to them. However, while he does have moments where can come across as a bit facetious, he will treat really strict situations with complete seriousness.
Sexual Orientation: Straight, although he has had a few same-sex experiences in the past.
Likes: Math; pool; snooker; soccer (with his favourite teams being the New York Red Bulls, Cliftonville FC, Celtic and the Northern Irish national team); rugby union, especially Ulster Rugby (his province's main team) and the [united] Irish national team; football, namely the New York Giants thanks to him watching them play on TV during the 80s; ginger ale; rum; and 80s/90s dance music, as it reminds him of when he went raving in the early-mid 90s. He is also a supporter for the Libertarian Party in the US and the SDLP back in Northern Ireland, though he does have some respect for Bill Clinton due to his work in helping end the Troubles.
Dislikes: The "Why do we learn these things if we're never going to use them?" mentality some people have about math, which is what inspired him to make his classes the way they are; smoking; whisk(e)y, surprisingly enough, as he prefers rum instead; and Rangers FC. He's also not fond of the IRA or indeed any of the paramilitaries, both republican and loyalist, during the Troubles; even to this day, he's also not fond of Sinn Féin (the former political wing of the IRA), the PUP or the DUP (who had/have links to the UVF and UDA respectively). Also, while technically true (and he'll forgive you if you say "technically"), he's not fond of being called British.
Skills: He has a good knowledge of math, helped by the fact that it was his favourite subject in school. He's also quite good at snooker (even though he hasn't played it in over 20 years) and, thanks to that and his math knowledge, is very good at pool and even considered going professional a few years after his arrival in the States. And he plays rugby at the weekend, primarily as a winger or a centre, although he can also be a fullback if necessary, so he's able to keep in shape.
Disorders/Handicaps: No real disorders or handicaps that I can think of, though his facetiousness and occasional dark sense of humour might be a bit off-putting and, indeed, have landed him in some hot water in the past, both in NI and the USA.
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Fears: He's afraid of the Troubles restarting back in Northern Ireland or for his adopted homeland of the USA to be
irreparably torn apart for whatever reason. He also still has bad memories of the 90's Irish kids TV show Rimini Riddle, having seen about a minute of it while spending some time in the Republic of Ireland back in 1995.

Wishes: None, he's content with what he has.

Goals: To see his students succeed.
Distinguishing Marks: None
Voice: Despite being an American citizen for the best part of two decades he still retains his fairly strong Belfast accent, though fortunately for his students he speaks a little bit slower and clearer during his lessons.
Other: He's quite fond of Ulster fries, salades niçoise and shepherd's pies (bonus points if it actually contains lamb instead of beef, which would make it a cottage pie). He very rarely swears and it's not uncommon to hear him say "flip" inside of school or "feck" outside of it, though he doesn't consider "hell" or "damn" to be rude words. He owns a white Honda Integra DC2 Type R, though due to the New York traffic he'll only drive it if it requires him going out of the city. And he has two children, Liam (aged 10) and Roisin (aged 9). At the very end, "potato salad".

Hopefully, this should be OK other than the fact that I don't know what "short" means. As always, please let me know if you any problems, issues or anything like that so I can go back in and either fix them or explain them in more detail.

No issues, Brian is officially Accepted.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:44 am

Am I allowed to make a company up just for the sake of my character?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:47 am

The Posthuman Coalition wrote:REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Lachlan Dean Kwan
Appearance:
Height and Weight: 6'0, 169 lbs.
Short-bio: Born to a conservative Sino-Filipino family in New York, Lachlan, the Kwans' only son, was raised in a strictly sheltered life. One that nearly barred him from going outdoors as they espouse him with strict Catholic values and made him read books, oftentimes by force. Naturally, this would stunt Lachlan's emotional and social growth, making him a bullying target for being "too smart" and "too aloof". After a fatal car accident that left him the only survivor, his parents' close friends adopted him, resuming his lower secondary education in a swanky Parisian boarding school. His stay in Paris would transform him from a nerdy introvert into a rough delinquent, which would culminate in his expulsion after being caught in an escapade with a female colleague in Barcelona. Lachlan would finish his secondary education in America, and has enrolled to Milford-Gauthier Academy in search of new horizons.

Birthday: 02/08/2001
Hometown: Queens, New York
Personality: While shown to be a reformed delinquent, Lachlan's most noticeable trait is his hyperactive, passionate and endearing personality. He displays a gentle heart and loyal and a little bit clingy to those he likes. He is absolutely passionate in his interests, is easily bored and loves to wander to places unknown. Lachlan has a "go with the flow" personality, in a sense that he adopts the philosophy of "Que será, será". However this does not stop him to get irritable at times, especially to specific circumstances and kinds of people that draw his ire. He also hates being boxed in, being pushed around or being spun in circles, as he tends to get confrontational. He is surprisingly smart and quick-witted, if not for his efforts in obfuscating it.
Likes: Music, art (particularly Van Gogh and Basquiat), movies, spicy food, reading books, walking, mass transit, wandering.
Dislikes: Conservative values, jerk nerds, Catholicism, vague instructions, being called smart, living up to other's expectations, cars.
Skills: Artistic, plays both acoustic and electric guitars, a surprisingly good cook, knows how to drive/fix a motorcycle.
Disorders/Handicaps: ADHD, PTSD
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Lachlan's greatest fear is to be not appreciated as who he really is and his present and future contributions to the world. He is afraid that no one will appreciate his efforts to become the person he really wants to be. His wish at the onset of this school is to create good lasting memories, make good friends, and leave a lasting impression to everybody. Among his goals are to find like-minded people to start a garage band and become a musician. He has also taken interest in dabbling with soccer, martial arts and Buddhism.
Distinguishing Marks: Black ear stud on left ear, a small, minimalist wave tattoo on his right shoulder blade.
Voice: Boyish, baritone and lightly accented French.
Other: Lachlan learned how to ride and repair a motorcycle in his free time spent at his adoptive uncle's garage. He also has a fascination for finding out the meanings of names. Potato Salad. Or should I say, Pommes à l'huile.

Lachlan is officially Accepted. Welcome to the roleplay.

And while he is from New York, just across the Hudson, I assume he won't be boarding - however I will leave that option up to you. (Had locals accept boarding options in previous RPs).
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:48 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Am I allowed to make a company up just for the sake of my character?

Yes, that would be allowed. What was it that you were considering?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:50 am

Segral wrote:This is what I get for not reading the rules carefully....

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Appearance:

Short-Bio:

Theodore is officially Accepted.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:55 am

Kwadai wrote:REQUIRED INFORMATION

Short-bio: Yixuan was born in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen in October 2002. Fortunately he was born in a relatively privileged situation with both his parents joint managing a successful technology company based in the city and with access to major cities such as Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Macau. An only child, Yixuan lives at home with his parents and paternal grandparents. With both his parents being Guangdong province natives, his home language growing up was largely Cantonese, however due to the increasing prominence of Mandarin in Shenzhen as well as learning from school, this soon became his language of choice. Eventually he even switched to Mandarin at home as his parents already knew the language from their business dealings. It has come to the stage where he only ever uses Cantonese to communicate with his older relatives. Much of Yixuan’s time has been spent reading extensively on Renaissance Europe, an era he has been fascinated by and has greatly shaped his own personal interests and he has a particular love for painting and artwork. He aspires one day to collect art and to visit the cities of France and Italy to see these works in person. While he has travelled before, most of these visits have been to other Asian countries. Yixuan equally enjoys fashion and design and while he hasn’t fully determined his future university and career goals, this is yet another area of interest to him, although this is not something he has expressed to his industrious minded family. Now in high school, Yixuan was presented with the promising opportunity to enroll as an exchange student in Milford Gautier Academy, a prestigious school thousands of kilometres away in New Jersey, USA.

Personality: Yixuan is typically introverted and the type to keep to himself, he would take more enjoyment from spending hours exploring a museum or gallery or playing video games with a few close friends than from attending a party or social gathering. His reserved nature also means he can be quite awkward and out of place, particularly at aforementioned social events. When it comes to making friends Yixuan likes to find a group of people with whom he can connect to easily with similar interests and personalities. Subsequently he often places distance between himself all those that are not his close friends which means it is often difficult to become close to him, but once a bond has been established Yixuan is fiercely loyal and he therefore expects the same in return. He has trained himself to be extremely independent and normally doesn't like to rely on other people if at all possible.
Likes: Museums, libraries, art galleries, (fine art in general but especially Italian Renaissance, Romanticism and Impressionism era, Rococo, Baroque), fashion design, China, Chinese food, dark chocolate, cooking, ice cream, coconut, herbal teas, warm weather but also snow because it’s pretty and doesn’t occur in his region of China.
Dislikes: Science related subjects, graffiti, chewing gum, turnips, mayonnaise, cotton candy, people with bad hygiene, public speaking and presentations, sports wear, racism and the Republican Party, insects with more than four legs, especially the crawling or scuttling sort, physical confrontations and sport.
Skills: Fluent in Mandarin, but conversational in English and Cantonese. Can play the piano and violin and is a talented artist particularly painting.
Disorders/Handicaps: Suffers from a form of social anxiety, is lactose intolerant and has hay fever.
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Yixuan’s primary wishes for his exchange are to improve his English and make new friends however he fears that his shyness may impact his ability to do so and worries about remaining an outsider for much of his time at the school. Being in the United States, he is excited to explore both all the sites and attractions of New York City and its surroundings.
Voice: Normally quite soft spoken and never loud. When speaking English his accent is somewhat noticeable and he speaks a little slower as he is still nervous about making mistakes due to little practice despite having high proficiency.
Other: “Potato Salad” is kind of gross btw. *I may add more to some areas of his character*

Zhu is officially Accepted.

Which dorm room would you like for him to occupy?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:58 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Am I allowed to make a company up just for the sake of my character?

Yes, that would be allowed. What was it that you were considering?

Since I saw the whole 'upper class thing, I was planning for my character to be the son of the owner of a bank (Not one too large, you know, just enough for them to be slightly below millionaires), who moved to America in order for them to enjoy the place and maybe do a bit more, he is currently pursuing art or music (still haven't decided).
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:01 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Yes, that would be allowed. What was it that you were considering?

Since I saw the whole 'upper class thing, I was planning for my character to be the son of the owner of a bank (Not one too large, you know, just enough for them to be slightly below millionaires), who moved to America in order for them to enjoy the place and maybe do a bit more, he is currently pursuing art or music (still haven't decided).

The concept is okay by me. Not that it makes a difference, but I assume you're saying the son enlisted for boarding school in the United States, with his parents still living back in their home country?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:06 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Kwadai wrote:REQUIRED INFORMATION

Zhu is officially Accepted.

Which dorm room would you like for him to occupy?

Room 03. Unless it would be better to put him in 04 because that is the only other occupied room right now?

(Also I think I may have caused some confusion, I put his name in Chinese name order without thinking. His given name is Yixuan and surname/family name is Zhu)
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse