NATION

PASSWORD

Nation name release!

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:56 am

Nat Soto wrote:Hi there. I have been wanting this name "Red Finland" for a new nation awhile now, but it has been reserved because 13 years ago (the last time it existed) it had over 500 million. There was no email linked to the nation either so whomever once used the nation 13 years ago, will never get back on if they forgot the password to resurrect the nation. Is there any way an exception could be made for nation name problems like this?

There's always a work around. Red-Finland is available.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:46 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Nat Soto wrote:Hi there. I have been wanting this name "Red Finland" for a new nation awhile now, but it has been reserved because 13 years ago (the last time it existed) it had over 500 million. There was no email linked to the nation either so whomever once used the nation 13 years ago, will never get back on if they forgot the password to resurrect the nation. Is there any way an exception could be made for nation name problems like this?

There's always a work around. Red-Finland is available.

and so is Red Finnland
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:00 am

Kind of unrelated, but yesterday digging in the boneyard I found this oddity:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=boney ... ge_peoples

Original nation from antiquity was last active in Feb 2008 with a population of over 4 billion. New nation with the same name is founded in May 2008, used for five days, and ceases to exist four weeks later with 141 million. Nation names weren't allowed to be recycled at this point, and the only other time a nation with a multi-billion population could see its name be reused was the Griffin Lord glitch (https://www.nationstates.net/page=boney ... iffin_lord). Was this just a weird glitch that happened when Rouge Peoples tried reviving his nation, or did something funky go down here?
Last edited by Ghost Land on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

South Batoko
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Batoko » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:59 am

Unibot II wrote:
Milograd wrote:
^ I want this; badly.

Seriously this feature is suddenly rly cool.

I hope you get it! If I get it, I'll give you the password. :)

The selling or giving away of nations isn't allowed.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko is a country in Novapax, that competes in WV.
A 19.2 civilization, according to this index.

Weather station in Baxtaqaś (Dürlüśćüm) collapses, outages at weather services reported

United New England
Attaché

Founded: May 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United New England » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:22 am

South Batoko wrote:
Unibot II wrote:

You’re quoting posts from seven years ago, and both of the nations involved have ceased to exist. Somehow I don’t think we have to worry about what they’re allowed to do. ;)
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont...plus bonus interstellar space travel!

A brief introduction to United New England

More information

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:25 am

South Batoko wrote:
Unibot II wrote:

Right on the first bit, but not on the second. Besides, Milo did eventually claim Carta for himself, as it says later on in the thread, but I digress.

It's also interesting to see that Yurope's justification for reservation is for being "a former nation of significant size," the standard-issue reasoning for any nation with over 500 million as of CTE time, and not for authoring a WA resolution (i.e. SC#134 "Liberate St Abbaddon.")
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Mohacian
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2018

Postby Mohacian » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:13 am

My regional founder of Pacifica is BUSTED due to name reasons. I wish the founder replaces the name except for the Region.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:03 pm

I wonder if the Name Tropica Could be released,

I found this in the Boneyard

Tropica
Population: 996 million
Founded: Antiquity
Last activity: 15 years 205 days ago

I could use this name to create a Nation I would use for a specific Rp on Particracy
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:54 pm

Fauzjhia wrote:I wonder if the Name Tropica Could be released,

I found this in the Boneyard

Tropica
Population: 996 million
Last activity: 15 years 205 days ago

I could use this name to create a Nation I would use for a specific Rp on Particracy

[violet] wrote:Q: "I really, really want this one name. Can't you make a special exemption and let me have it?"
A: No.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:38 pm

So, I suppose the answer is no.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:38 am

Fauzjhia wrote:So, I suppose the answer is no.

That would be correct.

This post of mine from higher up on this page also went unaddressed:
Ghost Land wrote:Kind of unrelated, but yesterday digging in the boneyard I found this oddity:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=boney ... ge_peoples

Original nation from antiquity was last active in Feb 2008 with a population of over 4 billion. New nation with the same name is founded in May 2008, used for five days, and ceases to exist four weeks later with 141 million. Nation names weren't allowed to be recycled at this point, and the only other time a nation with a multi-billion population could see its name be reused was the Griffin Lord glitch (https://www.nationstates.net/page=boney ... iffin_lord). Was this just a weird glitch that happened when Rouge Peoples tried reviving his nation, or did something funky go down here?
Last edited by Ghost Land on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Mysha Minisa And Southern Asilin
Civilian

Founded: Jan 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mysha Minisa And Southern Asilin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Zwangzug wrote:
[violet] wrote:is marked as reserved by a Game Mod
What does this mean?
it means a mod said "you cannot have this name, big dumb"

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:57 am

Mysha Minisa And Southern Asilin wrote:
Zwangzug wrote:What does this mean?
it means a mod said "you cannot have this name, big dumb"

Nice grave-dig; the question had already been answered years ago. Presumably it refers to the "this name has been retired" message when typing in Maxtopia or Bigtopia or a few others into the boneyard, which signifies that the name belonged to a notable user and is thus retired to avoid impersonation.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:12 am

Ghost Land wrote:Nice grave-dig

This thread can't be grave-dug. That post wasn't necessary, but it doesn't hurt to have the thread back on the front page again.

And because I get asked probably at least once a week:
[violet] wrote:Q: "I really, really want this one name. Can't you make a special exemption and let me have it?"

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:40 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Ghost Land wrote:Nice grave-dig

This thread can't be grave-dug. That post wasn't necessary, but it doesn't hurt to have the thread back on the front page again.

I'll probably get warned for creating a (former) mod cross-over nation called Frisbaateria :blush:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:20 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:I'll probably get warned for creating a (former) mod cross-over nation called Frisbaateria :blush:

Only one way to find out.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:01 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:This thread can't be grave-dug. That post wasn't necessary, but it doesn't hurt to have the thread back on the front page again.

I'll probably get warned for creating a (former) mod cross-over nation called Frisbaateria :blush:

That sounds more like an odd form of bacteria than anything else.
Drop Your Pants wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:I'll probably get warned for creating a (former) mod cross-over nation called Frisbaateria :blush:

Only one way to find out.

By getting warns/DEATs if wrong? :p

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:05 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:That sounds more like an odd form of bacteria than anything else.

No, that's Frisbacteria, and their infamous evil doppleganger Leader, "Fris but with a Goatee".

The blAAtschApen wrote:I'll probably get warned for creating a (former) mod cross-over nation called Frisbaateria

It's fine.

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:54 am

By the way, what happened here? It can't be reproduced now; when you look up Maxtopia in the boneyard now it says the name has been retired (which is what I would have expected all along). But in this snapshot from January 2017, the name was marked as soiled. I also remember seeing this myself around this same time frame. In 2016 and before, the name was marked as reserved by a former nation that had written WA resolutions, which also would have made sense. So why was it soiled in 2017, and was Max's nation really mod-deleted that time around in 2013?
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Ghost Land wrote:By the way, what happened here?

Somebody did something several years ago, and somebody else did something else more recently to change it. I can't think of any "need to know" on your part that would cause me to research the actual events.

Matt From Wii Sports
Civilian

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Matt From Wii Sports » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:52 pm

LOL THIS THREAD IS SO OLD, but can it be less than five years fr because thats just too long, maybe 3-4 years

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Matt From Wii Sports wrote:LOL THIS THREAD IS SO OLD, but can it be less than five years fr because thats just too long, maybe 3-4 years

I'd say five years is the least amount of time it should be, considering people have come back after literally 15 years of inactivity and revived their nations (for example, The Grims and Nargoplex, the latter of whom having died again in November). I don't think someone would like to come back or want to revive an old puppet after a few years and find their old name has been reused; that just wouldn't be fair to them. At least the name Ghost Land will now be mine forever. :D

By the way, what happened here? Original nation active antiquity to Jan 2004, ceasing to exist with over 2 billion people. Second nation with the same name founded Jun 2004, in use for a year, also with a population of over 2 billion. Weird glitch I'm assuming?
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian

Strike
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Strike » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:41 pm

Ghost Land wrote:
Matt From Wii Sports wrote:LOL THIS THREAD IS SO OLD, but can it be less than five years fr because thats just too long, maybe 3-4 years

I'd say five years is the least amount of time it should be, considering people have come back after literally 15 years of inactivity and revived their nations (for example, The Grims and Nargoplex, the latter of whom having died again in November). I don't think someone would like to come back or want to revive an old puppet after a few years and find their old name has been reused; that just wouldn't be fair to them. At least the name Ghost Land will now be mine forever. :D

By the way, what happened here? Original nation active antiquity to Jan 2004, ceasing to exist with over 2 billion people. Second nation with the same name founded Jun 2004, in use for a year, also with a population of over 2 billion. Weird glitch I'm assuming?

Probably less glitch and more artifact of they way they manually restored nations back in 2004. The second 'nation' is almost certainly just the first nation after being restored, being active for a short time, then CTE again.

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:44 pm

Strike wrote:
Ghost Land wrote:I'd say five years is the least amount of time it should be, considering people have come back after literally 15 years of inactivity and revived their nations (for example, The Grims and Nargoplex, the latter of whom having died again in November). I don't think someone would like to come back or want to revive an old puppet after a few years and find their old name has been reused; that just wouldn't be fair to them. At least the name Ghost Land will now be mine forever. :D

Probably less glitch and more artifact of they way they manually restored nations back in 2004. The second 'nation' is almost certainly just the first nation after being restored, being active for a short time, then CTE again.

"Short time" = an entire year, though? The population of the second nation would make sense given how long it was around, and so does that of the first. My only possible explanation would be that a botched restoration caused the population to reset to 5 million, though either way it seems fishy.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian

Umpus
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Umpus » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:03 am

why arent CTEd nations flags shown?
Liriena wrote:No, you see, T_D seriously talking about killing Muslims, immigrants, "degenerates" and cops is free speech. But when a leftist subreddit jokes about wedgies and milkshakes, that's horrifying advocacy for violence and it cannot stand.
Duvniask wrote:One apparently can't criticize the country one lives in, or, God forbid, want to better it.
The Huskar Social Union wrote:The left does this and the left does that

The left blahgalaghalag and the Left Halghalghalg

THE LEFT Alahahhaafhg
A 16 civilization, according to this index.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical