NATION

PASSWORD

OOC Thread for LGBT Protestors Attacked by Government Forces

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Im generally on the side of it going either way. Im not optimistic enough to not believe a "war" wont happen, but how big a scale a war will be depends on who jumps into it. I do agree the war should be naturally gotten to, but if nations wish to jump start and go for the fruit, I at least wont stop their unprepared moves. Though I would partially disagree how the factions are made and where most of the people sit. Even if im incorrect, and for some reason a non-binding UN deal wishes to invade because they decide to after some others do, I hold differing perspectives who's more adept and how many are on each side (the people who've voiced here aren't the total amount willing to defend New Edom, most of SACTO and all of Imperion is obligated to after all - Imperion already has a fleet composed on paper to dispatch after all). Go to the halls of the WA and invite them to invade with a coalition if you wish, it makes no difference to Imperion. We have no qualms with adding more bodies to the pile; we were very serious about the threats we made, after all. But just be aware that we see war for what it truly is - the realities of war and the hidden motives behind them. If you think invading a country is as righteous an act to do in order to "freeing the gays", just remember you will probably end up killing more civilians in the crossfire than saving people; invaders bring with them collateral damage and war, no one is safe on a battlefield. War is nasty, and if you wage it on a land, people and their properties are targeted regardless if intentional or not - thousands or millions of dead, billions of NSD in damage. Imperion, in the face of harming our people, have no qualms with harming yours in return. You will find we show little mercy to enemies who swipe at us, whether they're holding a rifle or not, or if they live on a military base, or in some fancy skyscrapers.

That all said, Imperion at this stage doesn't believe war is going to happen. The fact we only sent two additional regiments of Legionnaires, even if we handed out war ranks, shows we're just showing precaution. If we believed war was close at hand, we would have already organized war plans and began enacting their early implementation. Diplomacy wise, we as an organization probably wont take part in such endeavors. There's nothing for us to negotiate here, and even if there were, we believe member nations have the right to deal with their own affairs before we should get involved (without an invitation, of course). So if New Edom did invite us to one of these meetings, our staff would sit mostly quiet and observe; if your prompt them for a statement, you're probably bound to not like what we have to say regardless, so we wouldn't mince words. But at the end of the day, if you wish to avoid war with Imperion, we made it clear how to do so. Outside that, we really have no stakes here since our concerns are New Edom's security, not if they repress gays or not.
Last edited by Common Territories on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:57 pm

New Yama is on the scene again. The Guadalupadorian government’s official positions and action will be in my next post.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Cossack Khanate
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:01 pm

I think if there is war, it will be mainly one person and everyone else jumps on them. But I don’t think it matters right now, we can always RP diplomacy and preparing military forces. I am thinking a conference between some of our nations, especially the ones who aren’t in Imperion or who don’t have a military force ready to defend (like although I have a force ready to deploy if necessary, it takes time to get packing and travel), so we can get the diplomatic part of the RP moving faster. Plus, I think some 1 on 1 talks between leaders would also be interesting to see.

I like Vionna-Frankenlisch’s post, as it highlights internal government discussion. I still haven’t gotten around to doing that. If you red my post however, I am trying to strike up conflict in the Khanate, especially because we would be a prime target of a pro-LGBT terrorist cell.
The Holy Decreeist Empire of Cossack Khanate
We don’t use NS Stats, to do so would be ridiculous. You also can’t check my factbooks...because they are in Google Docs. Tee hee
Council of Free Market Economies ,ReArk Armaments (WIP)
A proud member of the regions Cornellia (IC) and Farkasfalka (OOC).
Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Me in not so much of nutshell: The Nutshell

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:15 am

Hey folks, slowly but steadily getting caught up on posts. Will do some more later.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:53 am

New Edom wrote:Hey folks, slowly but steadily getting caught up on posts. Will do some more later.

Could I have my Amphibious group arriving?
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:30 am

McNernia wrote:
New Edom wrote:Hey folks, slowly but steadily getting caught up on posts. Will do some more later.

Could I have my Amphibious group arriving?

No. one of the posts I will write will be a response to you, Carloso, Cuscy, Shrai, the Imperium and TECT concerning coordination, logistics, command, communications, etc. Any forces doing "exercises" on sea, air, land in New Edomite territory will be expected to operate under Edomite command. Only after this has been received May deployments begin their movements. Smaller elements like special ops, staff, etc can move more quickly.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017

Postby New Visayan Islands » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:30 am

New Visayan Islands wrote:By the way, some of my posts allude to Dominic's kids still trapped in school. Angela and Joanna; which academies are there "for foreign envoys, expatriates, military allies and corporate executives' children," by the way?

My last IC post alludes to a team being prepped for picking up the Ambassador's kids, by the way.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:48 am

New Visayan Islands wrote:
New Visayan Islands wrote:By the way, some of my posts allude to Dominic's kids still trapped in school. Angela and Joanna; which academies are there "for foreign envoys, expatriates, military allies and corporate executives' children," by the way?

My last IC post alludes to a team being prepped for picking up the Ambassador's kids, by the way.

Right. I'll edit my post and allude to that, thanks for the reminder.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:23 am

I edited a response to New Visayan Islands which includes a description of the Embassy School. If other players that have embassies would like to have any characters involved wtih it, please feel free.

Lanorth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Lanorth » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:41 pm

New Edom wrote:I edited a response to New Visayan Islands which includes a description of the Embassy School. If other players that have embassies would like to have any characters involved wtih it, please feel free.

I have sent an embassy request. Just wanted to let you know.
i give up with this signature smh

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:42 pm

Am I allowed to make a character inside New Edom?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Cossack Khanate
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:45 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Am I allowed to make a character inside New Edom?

I guess you could send someone, depends on what you are envisioning for that person.
The Holy Decreeist Empire of Cossack Khanate
We don’t use NS Stats, to do so would be ridiculous. You also can’t check my factbooks...because they are in Google Docs. Tee hee
Council of Free Market Economies ,ReArk Armaments (WIP)
A proud member of the regions Cornellia (IC) and Farkasfalka (OOC).
Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Me in not so much of nutshell: The Nutshell

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:03 pm

Cossack Khanate wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Am I allowed to make a character inside New Edom?

I guess you could send someone, depends on what you are envisioning for that person.

I meant more as someone unrelated to the nation. I didn't mean a diplomat or anything.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:08 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Cossack Khanate wrote:I guess you could send someone, depends on what you are envisioning for that person.

I meant more as someone unrelated to the nation. I didn't mean a diplomat or anything.

Like a tourist, journalist or student?

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011

Postby Common Territories » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:53 am

viewtopic.php?p=35255052#p35255052

It would seem Fatiman decided to (A) teleport troops and (B) made up random events. Not cool.

Ru-
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:47 am

Common Territories wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35255052#p35255052

It would seem Fatiman decided to (A) teleport troops and (B) made up random events. Not cool.

let's not pile onto him, he really seems like he is new to this and doesn't know what he is doing. Let New Edom handle it as thread OP. I sent Edom a TG with my thoughts on what should be done about him, and let's leave it at that. Ultimately it is up to the RP's owner.

and remember: do not rp responses to players who you don't feel are posting up to your standards. This is a big RP and not everyone has to acknowledge everyone else.
Last edited by Ru- on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
A civilization with an over 3,000 year history of lizard people killing each other and enslaving everyone else. Now they've finally calmed down and formed a modern westernized constitutional monarchy. (long live Emperor Yoshio!)

Note: Any factbook entries over a year old are severely out of date and may be subject to extreme revision and retconning soon. If you have questions on anything about Ru, please feel free to ask.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008

Postby Kylarnatia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:38 am

I strongly concur with Ru's comment. The player doesn't seem to understand the full conduct of NS roleplay. Ganging up on them would not only be silly, but also a poor reflection on those that do. I recommend retconning their most recent post and continuing on with the thread.

Edom, if you do get in touch with them feel free to point them my way.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:42 am

Kylarnatia wrote:I strongly concur with Ru's comment. The player doesn't seem to understand the full conduct of NS roleplay. Ganging up on them would not only be silly, but also a poor reflection on those that do. I recommend retconning their most recent post and continuing on with the thread.

I've sent him three telegrams, including one in which I offered to gave him communicate in a language he's more familiar with. The last telegram got no response. I honestly don't even get what half his sentences mean..My own efforts to clear this up haven't yielded good results. If you'd care to deal with the situation, please do so. For now I've decided to ignore his posts as he's not acknowledging posts made IC or OC, and until things are resolved I'd advise others to do the same.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008

Postby Kylarnatia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:10 am

New Edom wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:I strongly concur with Ru's comment. The player doesn't seem to understand the full conduct of NS roleplay. Ganging up on them would not only be silly, but also a poor reflection on those that do. I recommend retconning their most recent post and continuing on with the thread.

I've sent him three telegrams, including one in which I offered to gave him communicate in a language he's more familiar with. The last telegram got no response. I honestly don't even get what half his sentences mean..My own efforts to clear this up haven't yielded good results. If you'd care to deal with the situation, please do so. For now I've decided to ignore his posts as he's not acknowledging posts made IC or OC, and until things are resolved I'd advise others to do the same.

Understood, I'll drop him a telegram and see what happens.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Fatiman Federation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatiman Federation » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:14 am

i replied on him.
Fatiman Federation | Фатімана Федерастіка
Puppet of Indo States as Modern Nation

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:17 am

Fatiman Federation wrote:i replied on him.

When I asked you to express yourself in French if that is a language you understand better? You replied to that?

Bronze Serpent
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bronze Serpent » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:21 am

It's been a long time since Ive done anything, I guess I will join.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
God's simple plan of salvation
"If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse."- Job 9:20
Pro: Gun rights, Traditional marriage, localism, Agrarianism, County level Government, Theocracy
Anti: The satanic LGBTQ agenda, Communism, Radical Feminism

Fatiman Federation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatiman Federation » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:47 am

New Edom wrote:
Fatiman Federation wrote:i replied on him.

When I asked you to express yourself in French if that is a language you understand better? You replied to that?

I Have no time but the RP is very Conufused due to Long Event that can be read too long... But We need in IC, An Police Force and Special Ops.
Fatiman Federation | Фатімана Федерастіка
Puppet of Indo States as Modern Nation

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:00 am

Fatiman Federation wrote:
New Edom wrote:

I Have no time but the RP is very Conufused due to Long Event that can be read too long... But We need in IC, An Police Force and Special Ops.

A roleplaying mentor will contact you. Please don't write anything else in character until they help clear things up.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:31 am

New Edom wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I meant more as someone unrelated to the nation. I didn't mean a diplomat or anything.

Like a tourist, journalist or student?

Effectively, yes. Also, hello fellow person who's watched Yes Minister (I presume you've watched the sequel too?).
Please Watch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents